St Christopher's Edinburgh Reviews

Above Belushis Bar, 9-13 Market Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

This hostel's location is fabulous, right across the road from the train station. I was pretty happy with this hostel, it had a good vibe, how ever the bathrooms were always a little (or a lot) dirty and my locker under my bed was broken. I managed to work around it though. The staff were all really friendly, except for one girl who looked like she'd rather be anywhere but there. The breakfast was your average hostel fare. I'd recommend for the location.

-perfect location; just in front of the Waverly railway station; airport shuttle 2 mins walk; attractions, restaurants, shops within walking distance; -extremely efficient, friendly staff

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Hungary

Really good location, nice rooms, helpful staff :)

I stayed in a full 8 bed dorm. Some people of that room went out and came back at 2:30am. For some reason a 9th. person managed to get in our room and had taken a bed that was already taken. She was in the wrong room, how is this possible if every room has a locked door and she was not let in by anybody? Therefore a bad night sleep as things needed to be rearranged in the middle of the night.

The Staff is amazing but the cold showers is something really bad. Although the price was great, so I cant complain more.

• 1st Jul 2014

Great location! Nice staff! Awesome food in the bar! Reasonable priced drinks! It was also really close to the train station which made it easy to get to with our bags. I loved the old town and this hostel is located near by. Would definitely stay here again!

• 28th Jun 2014

We had a 6 bed dorm, and no one else arrived in the room so we had it to ourselves which was great!! However the swipe access to the floor didn't work all the time and you could just pull the door to enter. Not enough bathroom facilities and it was unisex. View outside window was of a garbage filled rooftop next door and staff on checkin seemed too busy talking about their social lives then giving good customer service! Stayed at budget backpackers post haggis tour.. Trumps this place!!!

The hostel was in a fantastic area and the staff were super helpful, especially when a small problem arose. They did everything in their power to help me out and fix the situation and I was extremely impressed. I would definitely stay there again.

stayed 1 night in a private room with a splendid view of city, great location - close to airport bus/trains and coach terminal. i would stay here again. the only issue was no wifi in the bedrooms and the breakfast was average compared to other st christophers. overall i was satisfied and i enjoyed my stay

• 26th Jun 2014

Great location. Room a bit hot. Love a free/ included breakfast, but really nowhere to sit, as served in the bar which is small.. but all in all, a good convenient stay :)

Perfect, internet only on common areas but ypu can manage, its great even if there's a lot of people there....

Nice hostal. The very big plus is the location of it, unbeatable. Should consider having wifi in the rooms.

As always the staff were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.

I had a great stay. Really good vibe in the hostel. Loved having the chill out room, super helpful and friendly staff, great recommendations on things to see and do. Will be highly recommending :)

I was really excited to stay here, but the age group staying at these hostels are ones that definitely need full blown wifi, not just in common rooms. Plus, the common room is so small. How are we supposed to be able to get in touch with those we need to if we're all cramped in a room? I didn't feel that the room was exactly clean, either. I'm sad. I wanted to use this hostel in Paris and Amsterdam, too. Now I won't be.

I had a great time in this hostel. Exspecially the staff were so friendly und happy :-) The whole hostel had a great atmosphere, everyone was there to meet people, go out with people, everyone was talking to everyone. I loved it!! I met nice people there. The breakfast and rooms were good! I would definitely come again!

Great stay. The common room could be a little more comfortable (pub benches are not comfortable for anything, even just sitting). Overall I had a fantastic time here and it's one of the better hostels I have stayed at. Don't listen to the negative reviews, this is the place in Edinburgh.

Room was quite small (6 bed dorm with ensuite) and the ensuite had a bit of wear and tear, but it was nonetheless satisfactory and excellent value for money. Good atmosphere in the common room, although the room itself was really small. a bar and a restaurant downstairs which seemed good although I didn't get to try either. Fantastic location if you're arriving by train!

Overall one of the better hostels I have stayed at so far on my journeys. The location could not be better, right next to the train station. The staff was friendly and helpful, there are lifts to the different floors, and free breakfast in the morning. The only complaints that I do have is that the 'Chill Room' has only 2 places to sit with a counter to place your lap top on and some places the free wifi was difficult to access, stronger signal would be nice. I would stay there again.

I stayed here on a couple different occasions over the past month and it did not disappoint me once! Great location, and some of the friendliest staff around, Greg especially was a complete gem and great at making everyone feel at home.

• 1st Jun 2014