St Christopher's Edinburgh Reviews

Above Belushis Bar, 9-13 Market Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

Everything was perfact. Especially breakfast was amazing But shower facillity was non-sense

This hostel was good, the room was clean and the bathroom was nice and big. No kitchen is always a bummer and the common "chill" space was small and dark. Not the best place to meet people but I guess that's why they have the bars downstairs! As a solo traveler I found this not the easiest place to meet other travellers as it was a long weekend and the place was full. The cages for your gear under the bed was awesome and great to be able to lock away your stuff. Would stay here again

Hello, thanks for your feed back on the hostel. Hope we see you again soon The Edinburgh Team

Very good location, staff were pretty good, security not the best. Probly would stay here again tho.

Lots of different ages-kids as young as 12 to men as old as 70, never sure who will be in your room....

• 21st May 2015

I think it is very good place to stay for one night, couldn't complain about anything. Location is exellent, very simple to reach from airport even at midnight and then to find yourself in the centre of beautiful city in the morning :). Thanks for the opportunity to make tea in the room - we came very very late at night and were very happy with a cup of hot tea...

• 18th May 2015
  • Lithuania
  • Couple, 41+

I stayed in the 10 room female dorm. Location was excellent. I only had a backpack, so going up the stairs is easy as well. Doing online check-in makes checking in a whole lot easier. Place was clean but it had a weird musky smell, like dried paint. Because the windows were locked, it was hard to air it as well. Shower was clean and good. This is just for me but luggage storage comes in this metal containers under the bed, and it fell on me twice. Girl sleeping above me couldn't get hers out.

Many thanks for your review. We do apologise for your issue with our cages under the beds; these can be tricky to work out how to keep it open. However, we're glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again. Edinburgh Team.

St.christophers is jusg terrible... Pictures are deceiving

Hello, We are sorry you didn't have a nice time staying with us. Thank you for your review. Kind regards, Edinburgh Team.

High price for below average stay! The showers were terrible! The common room was horrible- poorly lit, uncomfortable couches and out of the way. It was the only place in the hostel where you could access wifi, despite being told it worked in both bars. The staff were ok but not entirely friendly. The bathrooms (particularly the floors) didn't seem to get cleaned at all during my stay. There was insufficient room in the dorms for the amount of guests and their luggage. Breakfast was average.

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry that you found so many problems during your stay. We promise to look in to the issues you have raised here. Regards The Edinburgh Team

I thought that the staff were extremely friendly and were always helpful whenever we needed them to be. It is not as clean as I would have liked it to be, especially the showers, but it wasnt completely terrible. No wifi in the rooms.

• 3rd May 2015

Many thanks for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. We do apologise that the cleanliness wasn't up to standards; we are looking into this. We are also working on getting our wifi working in our rooms. Many thanks again! Edinburgh Team.

Excellent location and nice atmosphere! Bathroom in room 31 requires major cleaning.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Poland

Thank you for the nice words, and thanks for the advice!

The whole hostel really needs a good cleaning. The lockers under the beds were absolutely filthy. The doors were unbearably squeaky. The only good thing about this hostel is the fact that it's cheap and close to the Royal Mile.

• 1st May 2015

Hello, Thank you for your feed back. I'm very sorry about the issues you have raised, I promise to look in to them. Im glad you liked the location. Regards The Edinburgh Team

Positives: Great location, welcoming staff, comfortable bed, great price Negatives: Room could have used a full length mirror (or any mirror outside the bathroom. Chill out room is quite small and not especially amenable to socializing. Couldn't get the wifi to work in the bar area.

• 30th Apr 2015

Thank you for the good words. We are still working on the wifi, and hope we get it back up and running very soon. And new ideas are always welcome, we keep in mind!

Position is good, just next to station. But, common area on 1st floor is not so relax, area is small, and no people would like to be here. And wifi just can be on this 1st floor common area, no wifi at sleeping room. Breakfast is nice, but too much people in small restourant. Shower is good!

Thank you for you're feedback. You will be happy to learn we are upgrading the wifi! So it will reach all the rooms.

Great location in Edinburgh. The staff was friendly and as always it is easy to meet people in a St,Christopher's location, The only thing is that the doors are rusty and make loud noises at night. The staff should be easily able to fix this,

Thanks for the advice! We will give it back to the maintainers. Hope to see you again!

It would be good to have reading lamp for each bed so that we can off the main light at night and those who wish to read can use the reading light. Also, lack of power point. There is only two on my room so absolutely it is not enough for a 6 beds room.

Hello, Thank you so much for your feed back on the hostel. You will be happy to hear in the next few months we are upgrading all our rooms. We hope to see you again. Regards The Edinburgh Team

The wi-fi was not available in the room. The lounge area was under construction at the time I visited, so it was hard to find a place where you can stay and just use the Internet.

Great place to stay! I keep on missing the curtains on the bunk beds that St Christopher in Paris has, but in general same good atmosphere and friendly staff.

This was the first hostel I've stayed in and I really enjoyed it. It made me comfortable to stay in more hostels during my trips.

• 9th Apr 2015

Hello, So glad to hear to enjoyed our hostel. We hope to see you at our hostel again. Regards The Edinburgh Team

The free breakfast is basic but great for cutting costs. The staff are very helpful, location is great. The mattresses are not great...very soft which is not great for some people's backs. However, for my brief stay it was a good choice.

Hello, Thank you so much for your feed back. Glad you enjoyed our free breakfast , it is great if your on a budget. Sorry about the mattresses. Hope to see you again. Regards The Edinburgh Team

I can see why they encourage online check in - took over 10 minutes to check us in. The dorm room was cramped, the cage provided broken. Two power points in a 12 bed dorm. Showers were really dirty and a terrible quality.

Hello, Thank you so much for your feed back on our hostel. Im sorry it took so long to check in for your stay. If you can recall your room number , I would like to look in to the plug and shower issues. Regards The Edinburgh Team

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4