St Christopher's Edinburgh Reviews

Above Belushis Bar, 9-13 Market Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

I recommend. It's a really nice place, great atmosphere.

• 22nd Feb 2015

In the heart of the city, is impossible to find a better location in Edinburgh. Just in front of the main train station and also for the airport bus. Very safe place (you need to use your card to go everywhere inside the hostel) and with two bars connected. I recommend this hostel and if I will be back in Edinburgh I will stay in St Christopher..

I was disappointed with my stay at St Christopher's Edinburgh. Although the staff were awesome, breakfast was good - we even scored a free breakfast on the day we arrived as we got there so early! However I didn't have a powerpoint, there is no individual powerpoint or reading light per bed which is a big let down. Only one out of the three toilets on my floor was good, one was out of order and the other the door wouldn't lock. The showers were unclean, little hairs all over the shower floor :(

I would like to check the dry machine, it hasn't dried my clothes despite it having the operation twice.

It's certainly a pretty convenient option while being really central and overall alright, but it lacks major facilities such as a kitchen and a proper common room (the "chill out" area is a bit poor). The building itself is a bit weird and lacks the "cosy hostel" feeling, but if you just need a place to sleep it's absolutely fine. Breakfast was included too, and it was a proper nice one. Overall I enjoyed my stay

Very friendly, accomodating staff - shame the lockers were so expensive

Couldn't ask for a better location, directly opposite the Waverley train station which had a long stay car park. The Royal Mile is a 5 minute walk behind the hostel, Princess street and Rose Street very close too. Showers were very good but security was an issue. People could get into each other's rooms. Had to sleep in seperate rooms on the first night due to another group being in our room. Staff were helpful and kind though. Toilets in our room were blocked on arrival which wasn't ideal!

The common room has a terrible lay-out. I found most of the staff were not very friendly. Cami & Ben were awesome though, super friendly. Only people to say Hello regularly. The sunday night triva really needs to combine that with an open mic night. We had one girl with a guitar and a few different people sang when I was staying there. That was the best night in the hostel, otherwise the hostel was pretty average & boring.

the chill out area could do with being better laid out and also could do with better seating layout, on the whole a great place to stay, good food and the 2 bars are a bonus

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Scotland

There's no proper kitchen here which is why you're provided with breakfast (don't expect anything cooked) so people keeping costs down by cooking their own food would be disappointed. Also, be sure to buy a lock before you go there if you plan on using the in room lockers (which are essentially metal cages) as they didn't have any when I was there and weren't helpful on where to buy one. However, a plus is that the location is quiet, in contrast to hostels I've stayed at on the Royal Mile.

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Northern Ireland

There is no wi-fi in the rooms; places with access are the restaurant and bar as well as a "chill-out room". The latter can get very crowded and there is limited seating space and electric sockets. It does not feel very chill-outy either... The hostel also has NO KITCHEN. There is only a microwave. On the plus side, breakfast is provided, the rooms are clean and smell fresh with great storage space under the beds. It's also the first parallel road to Princess Street after the train station!

I enjoyed my stay at St Christopher's, they run some very decent hostels. The shower was very tight, but that was my only complaint.

It was a really goot hostel especially for the price and even breakfast was included. The only "bad" thing was the common room or so called chill out room cause it was very small and not reallly comfortable and you had to pay fpr leaving your lugage. But still a had a great time there.

Overall very nice! A negative point was that half of the showers were out of order and that the bathroom is mixed for girls and guys. We were in the fourth level without lift and it was quite loud in the room as we could hear the water from the bathroom. However, I can recommend it!

This hostel is not designed to really bring people together, seems mostly focused around the bar and only has one (pretty bad) 'chill out' area where you can have the opportunity to meet people. Feels more like a hotel than a hostel. And come on, wifi should be accessible from every room.

It was a awesome place to stay, was recommended to go here by a friend and I'm so glad that I did. The staff were awesome and helpful, the room was comfortable, the wifi was average but they were fixing it. Tr he shower always had hot water and the breakfast was plentiful. I was very happy and would definitely come back again

The location and the included breakfast are excellent. There are 2 bars at ground floor with good food and price. I hate that the lift was out of service, because I was staying at the 5th floor.

The room was good, the elevator didn't work at the time ( but they were fixing it) so it was a hike up the stairs. On our level 2 out of 4 showers didn't work and only one toilet had a lock on it the other two didn't close. But apart from these small things it was a central place that I would stay again

5 étages d'escaliers si l'ascenseur ne marche pas !! 5 floors of stairs if the lift doesn't work !! Sinon, c'est une très bonne auberge :) A very good hostel anyway :)

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback, it means a lot to us. We are very sorry about the lift inconvenience during your stay, unfortunately it had to go through some maintenance works before we could be 100% sure it was safe for our guests. Hope to see you next time! Au revoir! Cami -St Christopher's Edinburgh Reception

The bathroom was really dirty and no wifi in the fourth floor. The lift was no working so I had to walk 4 floors with all my luggage really tired.

• 28th Dec 2014