St Christopher's Edinburgh Reviews

Above Belushis Bar, 9-13 Market Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

Good atmosphere, well priced and free breakfast. Unfortunately wifi only works in the bar but it's not that big of a deal. Well prices drinks and good food available from the bar. Showers weren't the greatest, sorry but I can't deal with having to press a button for water every 10 seconds. Other than that, I enjoyed my stay.

Great location in central Edinburgh near the Royal Mile. I stayed in the 14 bed dorm which was quite spacious, and there are cage lockers under the beds that you can use if you bring your own lock. A basic but good breakfast is included with toast, cereals, juice, tea and coffee. My only complaints would be common room is too small, not enough plug sockets for charging and have to pay for luggage storage in lockers after check out. Overall a good hostel that I would stay at again.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the location of our hostel. Happy to hear that you found the 14 bed dorm spacious and the padlocks are now back in stock. In the future we have plans to improve our chillout room and you can now store luggage for free until noon on the day of your checkout. Hope you visit us again. Regards, the Edinburgh team

St Christopher's in Edinburgh is fantastically placed near the heart of the city center, across the street from the train station and a five minute walk from the coach station.I felt very safe here,and I liked that there was always someone at the reception desk to help! The staff is extremely helpful and very welcoming! Bartenders Jess, Paul and Ben were all fantastic and provided great service whenever I wanted to place an order, and the chef,Grant always cooked my meals to absolute perfection!

• 25th Feb 2015

Hello there, Thanks for leaving your feedback, it is very much appreciated. We are happy you enjoyed staying with us. We will make sure to pass your kind words to Jess, Paul, Ben and Grant and the rest of the staff. Hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels!

- Wifi: not in the rooms, only worked in the bar for me - Lockers: bring your own lock! Awesome metal under-bed lockers though - Breakfast: toast, fruit, meat, cereal. Simple but great! - Facilities: outlets near only some beds, heaters had issues, but seems like they're fixing this! All in all, incredible! Staff were super friendly and the other guests were amazing. The bar and hostel activities make it easy to make friends, and the chill out room was comfy and convenient.

I recommend. It's a really nice place, great atmosphere.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Thanks for leaving such a nice feedback! Safe travels!

In the heart of the city, is impossible to find a better location in Edinburgh. Just in front of the main train station and also for the airport bus. Very safe place (you need to use your card to go everywhere inside the hostel) and with two bars connected. I recommend this hostel and if I will be back in Edinburgh I will stay in St Christopher..

Hello there, Thanks for the nice feedback, it means a lot to us that you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you again soon! Safe travels!

I was disappointed with my stay at St Christopher's Edinburgh. Although the staff were awesome, breakfast was good - we even scored a free breakfast on the day we arrived as we got there so early! However I didn't have a powerpoint, there is no individual powerpoint or reading light per bed which is a big let down. Only one out of the three toilets on my floor was good, one was out of order and the other the door wouldn't lock. The showers were unclean, little hairs all over the shower floor :(

We're glad you found our staff awesome. If you remember could you please tell us which room you stayed in? We're very sorry that your stay wasn't up to standard. We are looking into the issues that you have mentioned, and we promise to have some solutions. We hope you stay again. Kind regards, the Edinburgh team

the perfect place to stay in Edinburgh, even just for one night = )

I would like to check the dry machine, it hasn't dried my clothes despite it having the operation twice.

We are very sorry this has happened and the receptionist would have been more than happy to refund your money. You would be glad to know that all of the machine are up and running. Thank you for letting us know. We hope you stay again. Kind regards, the Edinburgh team

It's certainly a pretty convenient option while being really central and overall alright, but it lacks major facilities such as a kitchen and a proper common room (the "chill out" area is a bit poor). The building itself is a bit weird and lacks the "cosy hostel" feeling, but if you just need a place to sleep it's absolutely fine. Breakfast was included too, and it was a proper nice one. Overall I enjoyed my stay

We are glad you enjoyed our location and our breakfast. We're sorry to hear that the facilities weren't up to standard. We're happy to let you know we are planning on improving the chillout room in the near future. We hope to see you again. kind regards, the Edinburgh team

Very friendly, accomodating staff - shame the lockers were so expensive

Glad you found our staff friendly. We are happy to let you know we are now doing free luggage storing until noon. We hope to see you again. Kind regards, the Edinburgh team

Couldn't ask for a better location, directly opposite the Waverley train station which had a long stay car park. The Royal Mile is a 5 minute walk behind the hostel, Princess street and Rose Street very close too. Showers were very good but security was an issue. People could get into each other's rooms. Had to sleep in seperate rooms on the first night due to another group being in our room. Staff were helpful and kind though. Toilets in our room were blocked on arrival which wasn't ideal!

The common room has a terrible lay-out. I found most of the staff were not very friendly. Cami & Ben were awesome though, super friendly. Only people to say Hello regularly. The sunday night triva really needs to combine that with an open mic night. We had one girl with a guitar and a few different people sang when I was staying there. That was the best night in the hostel, otherwise the hostel was pretty average & boring.

Hello, We are really sorry that you found the hostel boring. We are working on new events and music program for the hostel. Glad Cami and Ben where welcoming, Im very sorry if you found our other staff unfriendly. We promise to look into this. Hope you stay again. Regards The Edinburgh Team

the chill out area could do with being better laid out and also could do with better seating layout, on the whole a great place to stay, good food and the 2 bars are a bonus

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Scotland

There's no proper kitchen here which is why you're provided with breakfast (don't expect anything cooked) so people keeping costs down by cooking their own food would be disappointed. Also, be sure to buy a lock before you go there if you plan on using the in room lockers (which are essentially metal cages) as they didn't have any when I was there and weren't helpful on where to buy one. However, a plus is that the location is quiet, in contrast to hostels I've stayed at on the Royal Mile.

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Northern Ireland

There is no wi-fi in the rooms; places with access are the restaurant and bar as well as a "chill-out room". The latter can get very crowded and there is limited seating space and electric sockets. It does not feel very chill-outy either... The hostel also has NO KITCHEN. There is only a microwave. On the plus side, breakfast is provided, the rooms are clean and smell fresh with great storage space under the beds. It's also the first parallel road to Princess Street after the train station!

I enjoyed my stay at St Christopher's, they run some very decent hostels. The shower was very tight, but that was my only complaint.

It was a really goot hostel especially for the price and even breakfast was included. The only "bad" thing was the common room or so called chill out room cause it was very small and not reallly comfortable and you had to pay fpr leaving your lugage. But still a had a great time there.

Overall very nice! A negative point was that half of the showers were out of order and that the bathroom is mixed for girls and guys. We were in the fourth level without lift and it was quite loud in the room as we could hear the water from the bathroom. However, I can recommend it!

This hostel is not designed to really bring people together, seems mostly focused around the bar and only has one (pretty bad) 'chill out' area where you can have the opportunity to meet people. Feels more like a hotel than a hostel. And come on, wifi should be accessible from every room.