St Christopher's Edinburgh Reviews

Above Belushis Bar, 9-13 Market Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

The hostel is localized two Streets bellow the main street in Old Town, and 10min walk from the BusStation. It has a chill out room where you can socialize, enjoy the wifi and use the lockers (very usefull and cheap). We booked a mixed dorm and end up in a private dorm, which had a great view of the city. Our heater wasn't working and the recepcionist kindly bored her OWN HEATER for us, which was more than perfect. Great breakfast and great stay!!

I really liked this hostel, I just missed a cooker for the guests...

Nice staff and location.

They changed us of room three times in the three day we spent there. Not clean at all and poor facilities. No wifi in rooms.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Chile

The hostel is ideally placed for rail travellers and people who only have a short time to explore the centre of Edinburgh. Locker hire is available if you arrive prior to check in. Breakfast was basic but more than adequate. The only downside of the hostel was an extremely rude ex staff member who was Polish. He accused me of sitting on his possessions- a large, solid box in the reception area that was blocking everyones access. But apart from this, the hostel was great for a cheap city break.

good stay for a fleeting visit. great location, clean and fairly quiet.

lack of hot water during the wash hours and some bathdooor shoul be fixed lockers are defintefly too expensive

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Poland

I expected more from this hostel. Numerous bathrooms in the hostel were out of order and the ones that did work were not very clean. We had to move rooms mid-stay which was a pain. The staff were quite disinterested, and when my friend's jacket disappeared from our room, and they refused to assist us in contacting the other guy that had been in our room to see if he had taken it by mistake. It is feels very clinical. I would not stay here again, even though it is in a good location.

Great view from our room, location was choice.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »