St Christopher's Greenwich Reviews

189 Greenwich High Road, Greenwich, London, England

This a very good hostel with value for the money

Hi there, first thank you for taking the time out your day to get back to us and leave us your thoughts and comments, we really do value our customer feedback as it lets us continue to improve. It's brilliant to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Greenwich and that you found us to be good value for money as we know every penny counts, especially when travelling! Happy onward journey, the St Christopher's Greenwich team.

Thoroughly impressed with this hostel. It's just a 5 minute walk from Greenwich town centre where the "Cutty Sark" ship lives, as well as the beautiful University buildings, Royal Observatory and Maritime Museum. A short ride on the DLR will get you in to central London. The hostel itself feels very safe, clean and cosy. There is a rock bar downstairs which can get a little noisy, but earplugs are supplied. I'll definitely be returning to St. Christopher's. 10/10

• 5th Oct 2015

Hay there, first let me thank you for taking the time out of your day to get back to us and leave us your comments and feedback. It's great to see that you enjoyed your time with us and that you took the chance to explore the beautiful Greenwich! We're very happy to read all our facilities lived up to your expectations and that you felt safe during your stay as we know the importance of feeling safe in a new city. Happy onward travels, the St Christopher's Greenwich team.

Pretty far from central London but easy enough to get to. The staff was so helpful in making me feel safe as a solo female traveler. The bar downstairs was great and the food was good. Clean hostel. The only major complaints I have were that the wifi barely worked in the halls and didn't work at all in my room. It only really worked downstairs. And there aren't enough plugs in the rooms for 6 people even with the extension cord.

Hello there, first let me thank you for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback and comments, we really do value these reviews as they let us continue to improve. It's great to read that you felt safe during your stay as we know travelling alone can be scary. We're sorry to read you had connectivity issues with the WiFi, could you let us know what room you were in so we can look into the problem? Thanks again, the St Christopher's Greenwich team.

Greenwich is a lovely place to put a hostel, but it can be a bit of a trek into the city if the DLR line is down (which is was for me for the weekend). Breakfast is the standard continental affair, but it's free which is a bonus. Not enough charge points in the dorms themselves, otherwise it's pretty well set up and sound proof thankfully. Underground common room was a bit of a tight squeeze too.

I loved the hostel except for the sound. You can hear the outside door openimg and closing all night from people coming in and out of the main door to go downstairs. The floors creak a lot as well which keeps you up at night.

Hay there, thanks for taking the time to fill in your feedback and comments, we really love hearing back from guests as it's reviews like yours that let us continue to improve. It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will be pleased to know that since your review we have gone round and oiled all the hinges of every hostel door so this is no longer an issues. Happy travels, the St Christopher's Greenwich team.

3rd St Christophers I've stayed in and from what I've gathered, they all seem to differ a fair bit! This was average to say the least. 1 powerpoint in a room between 8 people, a funky smell and a lot of dust. Breakfast was good. Location is good, right next to the station, but be aware, not central london

Hay there, thanks for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback and scores, it's always great to hear back form our guests. It's great to read that you made the most of our free breakfast buffet and extremely close transport links. We're sorry that during your stay there was dust in the room and we will be sure to speak to our external cleaning company to ensure our high standards are being met. Happy onward travels the St Christopher's Greenwich team.

Enjoyed my stay, the 25% off food is a pretty good deal. Also liked the chill out room. I came in on Friday and wish the staff told me about the pub crawl that night (it was written on the brochure but I didn't really read it fully). Also I wish they had privacy curtains like the St Christopher's Inn in Paris has.

Hay there, first thank you very much for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback and comments we really value these reviews as they allow us to continue to improve for our future guests. It's brilliant to read that you enjoyed your stay and made the most of our food and drinks deals for hostel guests in our bar. We're also very happy to read you like our new and improved chill out room! Happy onward travels, the St Christopher's Greenwich team.

quite nice, clean enough, good place to stay out of central! was a little loud and the lights in the room were a little bright but we are young enough to manage and sleep through it :)

Hello, thanks for taking the time to get back to us with your review and scores. It's brilliant to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that all our facilities lived up to your expectations. We hope you found the free earplugs we place in every room in order to combat any noise that escapes into the hostel from the bar. Happy onward travels and we hope to see you again soon the St Christopher's Greenwich team.

It was my third time at this place and I had a nice stay. I like the area and the hostel in general. Unfortunately I made a booking for a bed in a 6-bed dorm, but upon my checking I was given a bed in a 8-bed dorm. I found out about this only when I went up to the room, but it was late and I was tired to go again the reception and flag the issue. I paid the amount due on arrival based on my hostelworld booking (6-bed dorm).

Easily accessed by DRL or by Overland train, reasonable to get to from either of the airports. Clean, secure, hostel with comfortable bads that do not squeak. Downside-the social space is clean but best described as a dungeon and social aspect is nearly non-existing. No kitchen and not even a sink. However they serve breakfast and prices at the pub are reasonable for London with the hostel discount, and there's stores nearby. Easy to hit your head if you're a tall person in bottom bunk.

Hay, thank you for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback. It's great to read you enjoyed our free breakfast buffet and found us to be good value for money, we hope you took advantage of our special hostel guests discounts in the bar! We do try to compensate for the lack of kitchen by providing a fridge, microwave and kettle but are sorry you felt this was lacking, perhaps you have some ideas about what else we could offer? Thanks again the St Christopher's Greenwich team.

I have already reviewed my stay - I thought the hostel was very poor. The toilets sinks, showers and rooms are all in dire need on ppl cleaning and redecorating. The stains cop down the walls behind the bunks were absolutely disgusting as were the 4 or more pest control traps in the rooms. The duvet covers an pillow cases were clean but the duvets and pillows under neath were very very stained. Overall, I thought the hostel was awful and will not be coming back or recommending and await some.

• 11th Sep 2015

I have been to this hostel once before ... about 3 years ago. It has much improved since i was there. The breakfast in the morning was wonderful. It is much cleaner then it was three years ago. I loved my stay and would recomment it to anyone. Greenwich is a wonderful place! Must visite. Bathrooms could be cleaner but still a great place to stay.

• 10th Sep 2015

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback and comments, it's really great to hear back from our guests as it's these reviews that allow us to continue to improve. It's really great to see that our renovations have made a difference for our guests. It's also really great to read that you found all our facilities lived up to your expectations and that you would recommend us!

my stay at St Christopher's was for one night only. But the location was great for me to leave early in the morning for the airport. I booked at the last minute so my choice for available rooms were limited, I stayed in a 6 room mix dorm. Which was okay for the price. staff were very helpful.

• 8th Sep 2015

Hello, first let me thank you for taking the time to get back to us and leave us a review, it is really helpful for us to hear back from guests. It's brilliant to read that our central location and extremely close transport links made your morning journey easier. It's also great to see that you found us to be good value for money as we know how important every penny is when travelling! Happy onward journey the St Christopher's Greenwich team.

Value for money accommodation with friendly and helpful staff!

Hi there, thank you very much for taking time out of your day to write us a review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us and found us to be good value, as we know every penny counts when travelling! Happy travels, the St Chrisophers Greenwich team

this is not a real hostel, this is a bar, with dorms in the upper floor .if you don´t spend money in the bar whitch is not cheap. greenwich is magnificent, it deserves a better hostel with organised activities and less local people drinking beer

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback and comments, it's reviews like these that allow us to continue to improve. We're pleased you took the time to explore beautiful Greenwich and are sorry to read that you found the bar to be expensive, if you stay again it may help to know that all hostel guests get discounts on our drinks and food. Happy travels the St Christopher's Greenwich team.

awsome! the breakfast made this better then other hostels

Very very noisy

• 29th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

Hay there, thank you for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback and scores, it's always great to hear back from our past guests. We're very to read that you found the hostel to be noisy, we do hold some epic parties on the weekends and on some occasions noise can drift into certain areas of the hostel and for this we are very sorry. We do try our best to combat this by offering free earplugs in all the rooms and at reception. Thank you again the St Christopher's Greenwich team.

If you want to get some sleep this is not the hostel for you. The beds are nice, the staff were nice, facilities good. The location was nice but a bit far away. The prolem is the noise. The bar downstairs is open until 2am and the music is thumping loud. We stayed on a Saturday night so it may be quieter on weekdays. The door tto the room and the floors were both incredibly squeaky so anyone coming in or going out when you are asleep will wake you up. Good hostel if you want to party.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback and scores, it's great to hear back from our guests. It's great to read all our facilities lived up to your expectations and that you enjoyed the beautiful Greenwich. We do hold some epic parties during the weekends and on occasion some noise can drift into certain rooms and for this we are very sorry, we do try our best to combat this by providing free earplugs in all rooms and at reception. The St Christopher's Greenwich team.

this is not a hostel, just a bar for locals with dorms upstrairs. they should have more respect for foreigner people who are travelling or moving to UK.

Amazing hostel, Great beds, Great free breakfast, Free laundry, Great location (Greenwich is great). Good fun Bar Great staff particularly the Glass collector on Friday nights.

Hey there, thanks very much for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback and scores, it's always great to hear back form our guests. It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and made the most of our central location. Happy travels and we hope to see you again soon, the St Christopher's Greenwich team.