St Christopher's Greenwich Reviews

189 Greenwich High Road, Greenwich, London, England

2029 Total Reviews

I really enjoyed my stay in the hostel especially when I found the kind assistance from Richard and Othman, they were really so kind and friendly. The Price was really affordable and worth it. It is also cheap comparing to the expensive prices of the other hostels in London.

Sounds like you had a great time here at St. Christophers Greenwich! Thanks for taking the time to write the review and thanks for the shout out to Richard and Atheman, we have let them know that you think they are awesome! We hope to see you again! Kind regards, The St. Christophers Greenwich team

I have stayed in many hostels in London, and many St. Christopher's throughout Europe. The more I seem to stay at them, the more I am disappointed. The have a good bar atmosphere, but they seem to forget that they are a hostel first and a bar second. It's disappointing when you have to wait for the customer to stop flirting with the bartender / reception so you can check in. Unacceptable. It's a great location in Greenwich, so it was fine for my quick weekend away, but too far from the city

It is good that there's a hairdryer for free! But I found it is difficult to use the shower facility so I just took a shower as fast as possible. I think it's better for visitors to ask the staff how to use it first. People there are very friendly. It is a nice hostel to make friends. And Greenwich is a good place to visit. :)) btw, their breakfast is so abundant!

Great place, great staff!

The hostel is worth it to who want to stay at greenwich, is really near the train station and about 10 minutes walking from the center of greenwich. The reception and entrance of the hostel is inside a bar, but there is a separate common room too. There is no internet in the rooms, but there are lockers under the bed and individual light. Sometimes the sound from the bar annoys who want to sleep.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We have taken on-board your comments and you will be happy to know internet is now available in all rooms. We also offer free earplugs to all guests as we appreciate the music can be loud from Belushis bar on the weekends. We hope you choose to stay with St. Christopher's again in the future. Kind regards, The St. Christophers Greenwich team

This hostel was perfect for me but you have to be concious that there is a pub downstairs so it's a bit noisy. I won't recommend it for families (specially because one of my Roomates have been really sick during the night because she was drunk).

• 10th Jan 2014

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, it's greatly appreciated. We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us as nothing makes us happier than a guest who's had a good stay. We do offer free earplugs to all guests as we know that the bar can be noisy on weekends. We hope to see you back at St. Christophers Greenwich again in the future. Kind regards, The St. Christophers Greenwich team

Far from central London but transportation is literally next door. Greenwich is a cute area to check out when you're taking a break from seeing London. Enjoyed the Belushi's bar and pretty good food. There was no computer station and wifi was spotty for me but the vibe of the place outshined all. Also, there's nearby coffee spots so I just used their wifi. Breakfast was decent. Staff was very friendly.

Had a great time at this hostel. Dorms were comfortable and clean. The attached bar is the heart and soul of this hostel which plenty of deals for guests. Great location for the Greenwich and Docklands area. Online check-in seemed a little pointless as I still had to wait 15 minutes to get my keycard but the staff were all helpful, friendly and knowledgable. Free breakfast was good. Would stay again.

Location is brilliant. I feel as though I'm at the heart of the world. Staff are brilliant. Extremely friendly, willing to make conversation, beautiful, and love to have fun (I even got a cheerful hug!). Feel completely safe, the facilities are simple and effective, and the environment is consistently clean. A lot of international flavour here, which ripens the everyday conversation, and forms unique friendships. I would stay forever if I could.

The hostel has a very cosy atmosphere. The rooms and facilities are really clean and tidy. The location is a bit off the centre but the transport links are not too bad so it doesn't matter very much. Some of the staff could be more welcoming yet everyone is polite and helpful.

Been to this hostel almost a year ago and I have noted an overall improvement in most key areas, particularly in cleanliness. Showers and toilets all working and not smelly. Dormitory security has also been enhanced. Security for access to hostel was noticeably visible at week-end and effective. In my short stay I noted that the young guy who seem to run the show was pleasant, attentive and dealt with each and everyone's enquiries promptly.

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Northern Ireland

Essentially just a place to have a bed. Hostel is attached to a bar so the staff are dealing with those customers and can rarely get to you. Didn't even have maps to provide and staff couldn't really answer any questions. Hot water in showers was spotty. Bathrooms are just one long set of stalls and sink for both male and female. Common room not really a place to hang out, just a weird spot in the basement. I hung out in the bar mostly which is the only place could get wifi. Breakfast good/norm

Sure, it's in Greenwich, but the trains are excellent, close to the station, and in zone two, so still a cheap option. Showers are dodgy, losing pressure and going cold. My only problem with the place was the inconsiderate middle age men checking in really late with no luggage, staying for only one night and making lots of noise.

I was expecting much more form a chain hostel. The location is good, just next to the greenwich dlr and rail station, also there is many buses from there, beautiful cutty sark and greenwich just few minutes walk from the hostel. The beds not wobbly with clean linen which is a big plus. There was mold on the walls and there was water dripping down from them. Showers dirty but with fair hot water. The heating wasn't working for the first few days, which was reported twice and problem with interne

Unfortunately our stay was rather unpleasant and we were very happy to leave. The facilities were unclean. Guests were treated unfairly. We asked staff on the first night that the heater in our room was not working. We were told that it would be fixed with one hour. It was not. The same thing happened the next day and the day after till we decided to give up. It was so refreshing to get to our next hostel, Fabrizzios Terrace Barcelona.

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Is located near the DLR station which makes access to the city center easy, is in a very nice area of london. We didnt spend all that much time in the hostel, but it seemed clean, the staff seemed nice and helpful and, it has big cages under every bed for anything you want locked up.

Well, we had a good stay and everything went well except for a mix up with my bill and nobody able to sort it out. Paid full on line for six people but only 3 turned up and we stayed in a smaller room at my request, so others could get a bed for the night. No refund of my already + £90 paid up-front. Should have just booked on-line, but not pay till arrival !!!!!

• 17th Oct 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here in a very nice dorm shortly before our flight back home over the pond. It was a bit difficult to get to this hostel from the airport, but that was more because I had difficulty with navigating the tube system. Travelers should just be aware: it takes quite a bit of time to get here. Staff was very friendly.

I loved my stay at St. Christopher´s Greenwich! Greenwich is a lovely place and the hostel is right next to the train station. Takes 15min to get to London by train or DLR. Good breakfast. Great bar upstairs!

• 5th Oct 2013
  • Argentina

It's a real shame there is no kitchen for guests to use. Dorms suffer from bad traffic noise from the main road and station parking lot directly below.