St Christopher's Greenwich Reviews

189 Greenwich High Road, Greenwich, London, England

2007 Total Reviews

Been to this hostel almost a year ago and I have noted an overall improvement in most key areas, particularly in cleanliness. Showers and toilets all working and not smelly. Dormitory security has also been enhanced. Security for access to hostel was noticeably visible at week-end and effective. In my short stay I noted that the young guy who seem to run the show was pleasant, attentive and dealt with each and everyone's enquiries promptly.

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Northern Ireland

Essentially just a place to have a bed. Hostel is attached to a bar so the staff are dealing with those customers and can rarely get to you. Didn't even have maps to provide and staff couldn't really answer any questions. Hot water in showers was spotty. Bathrooms are just one long set of stalls and sink for both male and female. Common room not really a place to hang out, just a weird spot in the basement. I hung out in the bar mostly which is the only place could get wifi. Breakfast good/norm

Sure, it's in Greenwich, but the trains are excellent, close to the station, and in zone two, so still a cheap option. Showers are dodgy, losing pressure and going cold. My only problem with the place was the inconsiderate middle age men checking in really late with no luggage, staying for only one night and making lots of noise.

I was expecting much more form a chain hostel. The location is good, just next to the greenwich dlr and rail station, also there is many buses from there, beautiful cutty sark and greenwich just few minutes walk from the hostel. The beds not wobbly with clean linen which is a big plus. There was mold on the walls and there was water dripping down from them. Showers dirty but with fair hot water. The heating wasn't working for the first few days, which was reported twice and problem with interne

Unfortunately our stay was rather unpleasant and we were very happy to leave. The facilities were unclean. Guests were treated unfairly. We asked staff on the first night that the heater in our room was not working. We were told that it would be fixed with one hour. It was not. The same thing happened the next day and the day after till we decided to give up. It was so refreshing to get to our next hostel, Fabrizzios Terrace Barcelona.

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Is located near the DLR station which makes access to the city center easy, is in a very nice area of london. We didnt spend all that much time in the hostel, but it seemed clean, the staff seemed nice and helpful and, it has big cages under every bed for anything you want locked up.

Well, we had a good stay and everything went well except for a mix up with my bill and nobody able to sort it out. Paid full on line for six people but only 3 turned up and we stayed in a smaller room at my request, so others could get a bed for the night. No refund of my already + £90 paid up-front. Should have just booked on-line, but not pay till arrival !!!!!

• 17th Oct 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here in a very nice dorm shortly before our flight back home over the pond. It was a bit difficult to get to this hostel from the airport, but that was more because I had difficulty with navigating the tube system. Travelers should just be aware: it takes quite a bit of time to get here. Staff was very friendly.

I loved my stay at St. Christopher´s Greenwich! Greenwich is a lovely place and the hostel is right next to the train station. Takes 15min to get to London by train or DLR. Good breakfast. Great bar upstairs!

• 5th Oct 2013
  • Argentina

It's a real shame there is no kitchen for guests to use. Dorms suffer from bad traffic noise from the main road and station parking lot directly below.

Some of the staff were really lovely but the service is really too slow! Never seen something like that! The internet doesn't work inside some rooms, and some rooms only have 2 energy plugs, I ve been in a room for 8 only 2 plugs one of them wasn't working. It's just besides the train and DLR station so that saves the place the food from the pub is really good. I ve being in cheaper hostels than that and was much better!

Cant speak about the hostel, never even went in, cancelled once i got there due to the terrible location, despite the pub downstairs.. Only stay here if you want to see Greenwich (why?!). It is 20 minute train from central London and theres NOTHING to do here. I stayed in hostels much closer to everything in London for the same price (cheaper cus you dont have to get trains)! Stay in Shoreditch or Camden for active youth scene, bars & markets etc or central London for the "sights" & big clubs.

Really warm, pretty dirty and quite hostile.

Rachel (attendentt) is a Lovely girl. Make me fill good. I enjoy to be there

A great hostel!! Right outside the train station going into central London (10-15 mins train ride). Comfy beds, clean and the staff is phenomenal! So friendly and willing to go the extra mile. Breakfast was DELICIOUS and much better than the usual free breakfast at hostels. We had a disruption in our room one night from a drunk tenant- security came up promptly and kicked him out. The next afternoon we had all received free meal vouchers and an apology note! Would stay here again.

• 6th Sep 2013

I really liked Greenwich and I liked this hostel. St. Christopher's hostel was well organized (one feature I especially like is the wire locker under the beds so that you can store things safely and the room is tidy), very clean, good facilities (showers and toilets were always clean and never crowded, in my experience), and nice breakfasts (I liked having brown bread as well as white - which is what is offered at most other hotels, muesli - most other hotels only offer cornflakes).

• 31st Aug 2013

Very noisy - noise from bar below rooms plus noise from traffic outside. Not very good showers and wc's - all rather dirty and in poor condition.

I had mixed feelings about the bar downstairs. On the one hand, it was very convenient. On the other, it was apparently one of the most popular bars in Greenwich... It felt a little awkward. I don't think it changed my experience too much, though. I appreciated breakfast, but it was always a disaster. Everything was always running out and never re-stocked. And I mean EVERYTHING. Butter, jelly, cereal, milk, plates, cups, coffee, napkins, cutlery. ALL always gone. It was really annoying.

• 14th Aug 2013

This place is average. The staff are unhelpful and slow, also one continuously flirted with me very obviously in front of my girlfriend. The hostel is very close to the station but far from the city, there is ok restaurants in the area though which is good because the food in the bar is expensive for what you get even with the discount. Wireless is shocking and was even blocked on one of the nights we were there, their solution? To go to the pub down the road!

Very good value hostel in the centre of Greenwich.