St Christopher's Greenwich Reviews

189 Greenwich High Road, Greenwich, London, England

2000 Total Reviews

Is located near the DLR station which makes access to the city center easy, is in a very nice area of london. We didnt spend all that much time in the hostel, but it seemed clean, the staff seemed nice and helpful and, it has big cages under every bed for anything you want locked up.

Well, we had a good stay and everything went well except for a mix up with my bill and nobody able to sort it out. Paid full on line for six people but only 3 turned up and we stayed in a smaller room at my request, so others could get a bed for the night. No refund of my already + £90 paid up-front. Should have just booked on-line, but not pay till arrival !!!!!

• 17th Oct 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here in a very nice dorm shortly before our flight back home over the pond. It was a bit difficult to get to this hostel from the airport, but that was more because I had difficulty with navigating the tube system. Travelers should just be aware: it takes quite a bit of time to get here. Staff was very friendly.

I loved my stay at St. Christopher´s Greenwich! Greenwich is a lovely place and the hostel is right next to the train station. Takes 15min to get to London by train or DLR. Good breakfast. Great bar upstairs!

• 5th Oct 2013
  • Argentina

It's a real shame there is no kitchen for guests to use. Dorms suffer from bad traffic noise from the main road and station parking lot directly below.

Some of the staff were really lovely but the service is really too slow! Never seen something like that! The internet doesn't work inside some rooms, and some rooms only have 2 energy plugs, I ve been in a room for 8 only 2 plugs one of them wasn't working. It's just besides the train and DLR station so that saves the place the food from the pub is really good. I ve being in cheaper hostels than that and was much better!

Cant speak about the hostel, never even went in, cancelled once i got there due to the terrible location, despite the pub downstairs.. Only stay here if you want to see Greenwich (why?!). It is 20 minute train from central London and theres NOTHING to do here. I stayed in hostels much closer to everything in London for the same price (cheaper cus you dont have to get trains)! Stay in Shoreditch or Camden for active youth scene, bars & markets etc or central London for the "sights" & big clubs.

Really warm, pretty dirty and quite hostile.

Rachel (attendentt) is a Lovely girl. Make me fill good. I enjoy to be there

A great hostel!! Right outside the train station going into central London (10-15 mins train ride). Comfy beds, clean and the staff is phenomenal! So friendly and willing to go the extra mile. Breakfast was DELICIOUS and much better than the usual free breakfast at hostels. We had a disruption in our room one night from a drunk tenant- security came up promptly and kicked him out. The next afternoon we had all received free meal vouchers and an apology note! Would stay here again.

• 6th Sep 2013

I really liked Greenwich and I liked this hostel. St. Christopher's hostel was well organized (one feature I especially like is the wire locker under the beds so that you can store things safely and the room is tidy), very clean, good facilities (showers and toilets were always clean and never crowded, in my experience), and nice breakfasts (I liked having brown bread as well as white - which is what is offered at most other hotels, muesli - most other hotels only offer cornflakes).

• 31st Aug 2013

Very noisy - noise from bar below rooms plus noise from traffic outside. Not very good showers and wc's - all rather dirty and in poor condition.

I had mixed feelings about the bar downstairs. On the one hand, it was very convenient. On the other, it was apparently one of the most popular bars in Greenwich... It felt a little awkward. I don't think it changed my experience too much, though. I appreciated breakfast, but it was always a disaster. Everything was always running out and never re-stocked. And I mean EVERYTHING. Butter, jelly, cereal, milk, plates, cups, coffee, napkins, cutlery. ALL always gone. It was really annoying.

• 14th Aug 2013

This place is average. The staff are unhelpful and slow, also one continuously flirted with me very obviously in front of my girlfriend. The hostel is very close to the station but far from the city, there is ok restaurants in the area though which is good because the food in the bar is expensive for what you get even with the discount. Wireless is shocking and was even blocked on one of the nights we were there, their solution? To go to the pub down the road!

Very good value hostel in the centre of Greenwich.

I really liked my stay. The only negative I can come up with was that the waiting time was sometimes too long.

Very good hostel overall, and well-located right next to bus stops, train, supermarkets and shops, etc.

Very chills place, good for individual travellers or groups. Bar at recption is lovely, Emma is especially helpful and sweet and Glenn and Hamish are very fun. Had a great time thanks to them. I would go back.

This is the second time I have stayed at Greenwich st Christopher's. and I just love it. The staff are such kind, fun and friendly people. It's brilliant if your a lonely traveller, as the atmosphere is set up to meet all sorts of people if your willing. The burgers down stairs are awesome! I lengthened my stay twice, because I love this hostel so much. It's not shiny and modern but it's packed with character, and charm,and a whole lotta heart. I'll always stay here in London.Doesn't get better!

• 26th Jul 2013

Expensive for what it offers. There was only one bathroom for men and women. The building was very warm and the window of my room didn't open more than a few centimeters because the had put a lock on it. It didn'y really feel like a hostel, but a pub with rooms. Even the reception was at the bar.

• 18th Jul 2013