St Christopher's Greenwich Reviews

189 Greenwich High Road, Greenwich, London, England

2000 Total Reviews

Staff is really helpful, good location (many access ways- bus, DLR), place felt really secure, free lockers under bed, EXCELLENT bed mattress, good breakfast, perhaps the only minus is no kitchen or at least a microwave in a common room. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone.

The first 2 evenings there was party at the Hostel Bar, so we could not sleep because we could feel the bass very well in our rooms. The last night there was a stranger in my beed. thinks can happen but not like this. I had the feeling, the staff does not take care about the people who stay there. I even did not touch the, what they called it: breakfast. The area is nice and close to the city, but not 10 min. You Need half hour to get to the city.

• 3rd May 2013

You have to press the button every 10 seconds to keep the showers going, that's 30 times in 5 minutes! And the water changes its mind frequently, alternating between burning hot and freezing cold water. There are no lockers in the room! The only lockers are downstairs; there aren't enough of them for everyone and they cost money! So in that sense, the security is awful. The WiFis reach isn't very good either.

• 1st May 2013
  • Sweden
  • 18-24

Great stay here! Staff were very friendly and helpful - would recommend to friends ( although not the Fosters - as it tasted a bit funny ;) )

• 30th Apr 2013

This was a fantastic hostel and I would highly recommend it if you want to stay in London! :)

• 22nd Apr 2013

The actual hostel itself was pretty good. Although in Greenwich, it was right next to a train station that could get you into central London in 15 minutes. However, the staff could not have been worse. Each and every one working there had a bad attitude, was rude and unaccommodating.

Very clean and friendly hostel.

I stayed at the hostel for two nights but keep returning to visit the staff and to chill out. Very friendly people, great music, great environment. I recommend Greenwich st Christopher's to anyone travelling to London as its close enough to the city while still being far enough out that its cheaper.

The hostel is located near the station that makes it easy to be accessed, although it needs 30 mins to get to city center. The staff was also helpful and kind. The toilet and shower room were good and clean. However, I stayed in a room with some people who stayed there for a long time and the room didn't smell nice. The room window couldn't close completely (there was a little gap) that made the room a little bit cold.

• 3rd Apr 2013
  • sriediaprilianti2568
  • Indonesia

Good hostel, a bit out of the way but

the hostel is very nice, the only problem is the cold water in the shower. The staff is awesome

A forty-minute tube trip from Victoria Coach Station, but right next to the metro stop and a five minute walk from the center of Greenwich and all its attractions. A great value, especially considering inflation in London - free breakfast, wifi, nice facilities and helpful staff. The bar downstairs is perfect for a cheap bite to eat or a few drinks before going out, and the lounge in the basement is equipped for movie nights. A good branch of St. Christopher's.

The hostels was great value for money with spacious rooms and great food available at the bar.

• 15th Mar 2013

just as in St.Christopher's ShepherdsBush the common room in the basement is pretty smelly, there's no fresh air or sunlight. also there is no kitchen for the guests to use. The bedrooms are nice and clean, beds are comfortable but you can hear every sound thats coming from the bar, so it does get pretty loud on weekends when there's music playing (and the beds are vibrating!).

The stairs were brutal and the rooms were smaller than I liked but it was all made but I still had an excellent stay.

It's in a very good place because is in zone2 ( it avoids you to pay for the rest of zones if you only want to move between zone 1 and 2). The chill out room is nice and comfortable, there are two couch and puffs. They have some stuff of good films and table games.

Hi, Thankyou for your comments, we can learn a lot from them. We are really lucky to be situated in such a beautiful location with easy access into central London. Our chill out room is for guests to relax in and it is great area to meet other traveler's. Many friendship's have been formed through evenings spent in our chill out area. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope you will visit again. Regards The team at St Christopher's, Greenwich

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and met some awesome people during my two week stay in St. Christopher's Greenwich. The location really great, it's right next to the station with good connections into central London. I also really appreciated the free WIFI, breakfast, and locker facilities!

Hi, Thankyou for your feedback, your comments are really appreciated. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very lucky to be situated next to the train station and it is only a short journey into central London! We do hope you choose to stay with us again. Regards The team at St Christopher's Greenwich

Great place and a great bed, the staff were very polite and helpful, the people there were very nice to talk to, I would very much like to stay there again

• 21st Jan 2013

Hi, Thankyou for taking the time to review us, your comments are always helpful and we can learn a lot from them. We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you do come and stay with us again. Regards St Christopher's Team Greenwich

The stay was gd the rooms were clean the staff very polite all in all i enjoyed my stay and will come back again .

• 14th Jan 2013

Hi, We are really pleased that your enjoyed your time with us at Greenwich, your comments are always helpful and we can learn a lot from them! We are really glad that you would like to return at some point, we look forward to seeing you in the future Regards St Christopher's Team, Greenwich

Loved the location. The restaurant was good (minus the "breakfast", which was very disappointing). I had a few problems with the hostel: 1.despite saying that they offer baggage storage, when I arrived they told me they would not be locked up or supervised...basically that I was taking a chance 2.the bathrooms smelled/felt yucky 3.The common room "chill out room" downstairs was filthy 4. The window in our room was open, and could not be closed. In January. The room was freezing.

Hi, Thankyou for your comments, we can learn a lot from your reviews. We do offer secure luggage to our guests which is down stairs in the chill out room. You should have been informed of this at check in, these lockers are secure and locked which the guests receives a ticket for to open and close their locker at their own convenience. We are able to close the windows in all of the rooms so it is unfortunate that you found this difficult to do. I will get maintenance to check all windows again. I am sorry you found your stay not as you had anticipated and shall investigate these issues that you have pointed out. Regards St Christopher's Team, Greenwich