St Christopher's Greenwich Reviews

189 Greenwich High Road, Greenwich, London, England

2044 Total Reviews

This place is average. The staff are unhelpful and slow, also one continuously flirted with me very obviously in front of my girlfriend. The hostel is very close to the station but far from the city, there is ok restaurants in the area though which is good because the food in the bar is expensive for what you get even with the discount. Wireless is shocking and was even blocked on one of the nights we were there, their solution? To go to the pub down the road!

Very good value hostel in the centre of Greenwich.

I really liked my stay. The only negative I can come up with was that the waiting time was sometimes too long.

Very good hostel overall, and well-located right next to bus stops, train, supermarkets and shops, etc.

Very chills place, good for individual travellers or groups. Bar at recption is lovely, Emma is especially helpful and sweet and Glenn and Hamish are very fun. Had a great time thanks to them. I would go back.

This is the second time I have stayed at Greenwich st Christopher's. and I just love it. The staff are such kind, fun and friendly people. It's brilliant if your a lonely traveller, as the atmosphere is set up to meet all sorts of people if your willing. The burgers down stairs are awesome! I lengthened my stay twice, because I love this hostel so much. It's not shiny and modern but it's packed with character, and charm,and a whole lotta heart. I'll always stay here in London.Doesn't get better!

• 26th Jul 2013

Expensive for what it offers. There was only one bathroom for men and women. The building was very warm and the window of my room didn't open more than a few centimeters because the had put a lock on it. It didn'y really feel like a hostel, but a pub with rooms. Even the reception was at the bar.

• 18th Jul 2013

Extremely hot at night, otherwise, pretty good

• 14th Jul 2013

Nice place, comfy bed. I liked that each bed light and sockets, english and european kind! Toilets was bad, but not reaaly clean, one was without toilet paper all the 2 days I stayed there. All staff was helpful, but sometimes they were very busy at the bar and nobody in the reception for hostels enquires. Anyway, I recommend this hostel and I would stay there again.

I was very pleased with the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. They definitely made may stay in and around the London area much easier with their insight. I would recommend staying here for any first time travelers going to the London area. To put my review in perspective I am a first time international traveler from Texas.

One of the worst stays I had in a very long time and I've seen a lot of hostels! The rooms very so hot and sticky that sleeping wasn't really an option any more. The room I was staying (6bed female dorm) had only one tiny tiny window right at the top which didn't allow for any air circulation which meant the room was not only unbearably hot (I'd say about 40 degrees), there also was pretty much no breathable air there, O2 level = zero. I would never stay here again nor would I recommend it!

Pleasant hostel! The people in the reception are really nice and helpful. The location is just ideal - few steps from the railway/DLR Station, the combination with Belushi's bar is superb. There are lockers available in the chill-out room. As the weather was extraordinarily hot, it would have been nice if windows could be opened more than 10cm or if there would be a fan in the room. It would also be good, if there were a public computer with internet-access and more electric plugs in the rooms.

• 8th Jul 2013
  • Czech Republic

Great if you want to visit London during the day and you don't want to spend much money!

A little bit of a hassle getting there, but the place is surprisingly modernized. Staff was nice, could have got a better instant coffee for the breakfast.

Loved the pub atmosphere, easy to mingle, the rooms were big and tidy, with a good view if your on the street side. The only downside was standing round in the pub waiting to check in. It takes. Whole to get to Greenwich and it annoyed me when I couldn't go in quicker.

Really good value - clean room and clean showers. Staff were friendly and the breakfast was lovely - I was very pleased that breakfast was included for the price of £15 a head. Will definitely stay again if I need accommodation in London and I'll look out for the St Christophers chain when booking hostels in future. The only negative I would mention is that the room was a bit too hot as the windows didn't open fully.

• 25th Jun 2013

The hostel location is quite good. It is above a bar called Belushi's, which is what you need to keep an eye out for. There is a National Rail train station right next to the hostel as part of the DLR line. I caught the train from Gatwick airport which took no more than 25 minutes. Charing Cross station (London Eye, Big Ben) takes no more than 10 minutes with an interchange, no idea how others took 30 minutes. Staff are friendly, breakfast good, rooms clean, chill out room could use a microwave.

great location, nice place, reception=bar :) they have to work out the magnetic keys though... keep getting demagnetized :)))

I had a great time, I went for a mixed dorm and had some good chat with the lads I was sharing with. The staff were friendly and helpful, and there's free wifi through-out the place. You're also given a ton of discounts for the bar when checking in. The room was very hot (as were the hallways and bathrooms) and our window was fixed with a lock so it would only open so far. It was uncomfortable to sleep even without the covers. At the weekend the bar was very noisy but it was the weekend.

This is a decent hostal not nearly as good as the st.christophers in Paris. It's right next to a train station which is nice and its a pretty good hostal for the money