St Christopher's Greenwich Reviews

189 Greenwich High Road, Greenwich, London, England

2018 Total Reviews

Really good value - clean room and clean showers. Staff were friendly and the breakfast was lovely - I was very pleased that breakfast was included for the price of £15 a head. Will definitely stay again if I need accommodation in London and I'll look out for the St Christophers chain when booking hostels in future. The only negative I would mention is that the room was a bit too hot as the windows didn't open fully.

• 25th Jun 2013

The hostel location is quite good. It is above a bar called Belushi's, which is what you need to keep an eye out for. There is a National Rail train station right next to the hostel as part of the DLR line. I caught the train from Gatwick airport which took no more than 25 minutes. Charing Cross station (London Eye, Big Ben) takes no more than 10 minutes with an interchange, no idea how others took 30 minutes. Staff are friendly, breakfast good, rooms clean, chill out room could use a microwave.

great location, nice place, reception=bar :) they have to work out the magnetic keys though... keep getting demagnetized :)))

I had a great time, I went for a mixed dorm and had some good chat with the lads I was sharing with. The staff were friendly and helpful, and there's free wifi through-out the place. You're also given a ton of discounts for the bar when checking in. The room was very hot (as were the hallways and bathrooms) and our window was fixed with a lock so it would only open so far. It was uncomfortable to sleep even without the covers. At the weekend the bar was very noisy but it was the weekend.

This is a decent hostal not nearly as good as the st.christophers in Paris. It's right next to a train station which is nice and its a pretty good hostal for the money

Confusing to find, right next to the station. Good place.

If you are traveling alone and want to meet people I would not stay here. The atmosphere is poor to say the least. Too far from the city.

• 30th May 2013

Friendly staff and cool to have a bar attached. The food in the bar was great and good value with residents' vouchers. Good location for the O2. It's pretty expensive for a hostel, but I realise it is average for London. Showers were clean as was the room. We booked a twin and were expecting two twin beds, but it was actually a bunk bed. But we survived!

Beware: they do NOT accept children under 18; I had 16 year old with me and the staff reluctantly let us stay but only very reluctantly, and with lots of provisos and talk of signing disclaimers etc

Very poor location!! Worth money to stay closer to city (at least 30 min from actual city part of London) . No elevator or 24 hr security and it is located in a bar -- reception desk between the taps and the dirty towels they give you. Only redeeming factors were nice staff (tried to be helpful) and located next to train (not underground!).

Great place with friendly staff quite close to a tube station. All facilities are modern and well maintained.

• 19th May 2013
  • Austria

Ok, sometimes smelly. Breakfast could have been better.

Staff is really helpful, good location (many access ways- bus, DLR), place felt really secure, free lockers under bed, EXCELLENT bed mattress, good breakfast, perhaps the only minus is no kitchen or at least a microwave in a common room. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone.

The first 2 evenings there was party at the Hostel Bar, so we could not sleep because we could feel the bass very well in our rooms. The last night there was a stranger in my beed. thinks can happen but not like this. I had the feeling, the staff does not take care about the people who stay there. I even did not touch the, what they called it: breakfast. The area is nice and close to the city, but not 10 min. You Need half hour to get to the city.

• 3rd May 2013

You have to press the button every 10 seconds to keep the showers going, that's 30 times in 5 minutes! And the water changes its mind frequently, alternating between burning hot and freezing cold water. There are no lockers in the room! The only lockers are downstairs; there aren't enough of them for everyone and they cost money! So in that sense, the security is awful. The WiFis reach isn't very good either.

• 1st May 2013
  • Sweden
  • 18-24

Great stay here! Staff were very friendly and helpful - would recommend to friends ( although not the Fosters - as it tasted a bit funny ;) )

• 30th Apr 2013

This was a fantastic hostel and I would highly recommend it if you want to stay in London! :)

• 22nd Apr 2013

The actual hostel itself was pretty good. Although in Greenwich, it was right next to a train station that could get you into central London in 15 minutes. However, the staff could not have been worse. Each and every one working there had a bad attitude, was rude and unaccommodating.

Very clean and friendly hostel.

I stayed at the hostel for two nights but keep returning to visit the staff and to chill out. Very friendly people, great music, great environment. I recommend Greenwich st Christopher's to anyone travelling to London as its close enough to the city while still being far enough out that its cheaper.