St Christopher's Hammersmith Reviews

28, Hammersmith Broadway, Hammersmith, London, England

Door keys not working so doors had to be proper open all day and night. No lockers in rooms only payed lockers in basement 5 floors down, all stairs. No check in til 2pm. Had to wait 3 hours after 24 hours of travel. Breakfast was OK. Not enough toilets and showers.

Thanks for taking the time to give us your review. We apologise about the door keys. This issue has thankfully now been resolved. We are in the process of getting lockers for all rooms to make it more convenient for our guests. Sorry you had to wait to check in. Unfortunately our check in time is at 2pm as the housekeepers need this time to change all the beds and make the rooms and bathrooms nice and clean for our guests. Hope you enjoy the rest of your travels!

it was everything OK. , personal very kind but I found an old-used contact lance on my bed what means that my sheets were on bed for a long time. despite of that I was satisfied with accommodation.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

Thanks for your review. Our housekeepers change the linen on every bed when a guest checks out. However we apologise that this happened to you. Enjoy the rest of your travels!

Repair the lights in toilets on the third floor; was after two days still not done. Oil those cracking noise doors as I already said to the reception. If you make an inspection round every day you notice this yourself. It well only take half an hour to do this all over the place.

Not the usual St. Christopher's facilities or atmosphere, on this hostel they thought more about the bar than the hostel itself, there's no lockers on bigger rooms, there were 3 bathrooms on my floor but only one was working and there was also mold on the celling. The Staff was really friendly, but they were always really busy as they also work on the bar (and the bar is always packed).

Really great hostel in a beautiful old building with a pub below, all the staff were really helpful and friendly and their are lots of bathrooms and nice rooms. Was a bit pricey however I think anywhere you stay in London would be!

Thank you for your great review. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Enjoy the rest of your travels!

the standard was alright, however no internet for part of my stay, also couldnt regulate the temperature of water, no common areas and room was a bit crowded no kitchen facility also a big disadvantage.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We were having some problems with our power going out and unfortunately these things get affected when this happens. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Enjoy the rest of your travels!

Good location and value for money. Friendly staff is helpful when needed. Occasionally cold showers. No lounge area other than in the bar. Breakfast is very simple but included. Perfect if you just want a place to sleep.

Thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Enjoy the rest of your travels!

Comfortable, clean and funky. Close to transport which is what I was after having an early flight out of Heathrow.

Thanks for the great review, glad you liked it!

Th hostel is very good. The Breakfast was very good, the location was allright. The only problem is that it needs a little more of cleaning.

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Apologies our cleaning wasn't up to the standard that we aim for. Enjoy you travels!

Reception is so slow. Staff slow and lack customer service skills. Girls dorms are on 4th floor and there are lots of steps. No locker in room available as all in use. Advised reception who did nothing. A code is needed for door of girls dorm...not supplied at check-in. Showers small and cramped. Room is very small for 8. Breakfast is awesome. Only social area is bar area if thats your thing. Lockers are i basement which is far from 4th floor .payable.

Hi, Thanks for your review. We are sorry you felt our staff lacked customer service skills, this is something we pride ourselves in. We are awaiting a lock replacement for room 403 so unfortunately are using a code lock system at present, this should have been advised on check in. Enjoy the rest of your travels

Perfect place to stay. You get your value for money for sure and it is hotel with very good atmosphere. Location of the hotel was also good close to METRO. What I was missed in the hotel was a small room where I could make my coffee or thee, of course, you always could get your coffee in the bar which was on the base floor and meet your new friends there.

Positive comments: Excellent location next to underground station, 10/20 mins to Westminster/The City. Bar downstairs is a nice place to hang out. Staff is friendly. Negative: We tried to check in at 11am but couldn't before 2pm, but when we came back at 7pm the room still wasn't cleaned! After it was made for us, it still wasn't very clean. Bathroom was moldy (but hot shower was good). Beds were too small (didn't fit with 1,85m). A lot of noise from the bar downstairs.

Hi, Thanks for the review. Unfortunately check in time is 2pm as listed on our website however the room should have been cleaned properly for you when you arrived at 7pm. Please accept our apologies for not ensuring this was to the required standard. Hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

A great hostel on an amazing location. Bedsheets were exceptionally clean, and the only real letdown was the fact that my 15 male roommates kept leaving the toilets in a bad state. Other than that I've no complaints at all!

• 26th Feb 2014

Thanks for the great review... Unfortunately, boys will be boys!

the bathroom is poor and sometimes no hot water but the bar is quit fun

Hi, Thanks for your review. We have had issues with hot water recently, our apologies for that. Glad you liked the bar. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

Fine hostel, I stayed here for one night literally just slept.

Great location, right across from a Tube stop. Surprisingly, the room was very bright and very clean. I thought a Friday night in a hostel might be kind of annoying, but no one came back drunk or late as people were asleep with the lights off by 10 or 11PM. (I was in the female only room though.) Bring your own padlock for lockers in the room (coin lockers are in the basement). Great thing about this hostel was that every bed came with a plug in the wall (includes US and UK chargers, thanks)

• 13th Feb 2014

There is not kitchen and no hair dryer in the toilet. However, Internet is really fast, atmosphere is great, staff really helpful.

• 22nd Jan 2014
  • Spain

The staff are very friendly and helpful. Hostelworld messed up my booking but the staff was very undrstanding and rectified the problem on the spot. The dorm rooms are clean but lack any sort of storage so bags are usually on the floor, there are lockers for hire but they are exspensive to rent for a long period. There are plenty of showers and toilets on each level and they are kept very clean, though the showers are very cramped. All together a very good hostel and I recomend it to all

Even in 18 bed dorm, still had privacy because of own light, power point and curtains, bathrooms cleaned often, lockable draws under beds for bags, pub downstairs gives great discounts for food and drinks, breakfast is nothing special but solid free meal, bit far out from Central London but right next to main tube stop. Would recommend!

Extremely cramped dorm room. No common area. felt like a prison. Have to pay to use lockers in the basement of a restaurant. Something like a pound every 12 hours. No computers. Just a bed in a very small dorm room. Great if you just need a place to crash for a night and don't want to socialize, cook, or do anything really except sit in your bed. Would certainly not go back.