St Christopher's Hammersmith

8.0
Fabulous 3391 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 18-24
14th Jul 2017

Great hostel, super close to tube/buses. Staff super friendly. Beers are cheap if you enjoy fosters or strongbow 2.50 a pint. Weekends are really busy if you like to meet new people in the bar. Stayed at wombats prior to this I'd consider them on par.

10th Jul 2017
6.6

I would not recommend the all-female dorm. The rooms are the roof, and it is unbearably hot. I thought I would suffocate, and I don't think anyone slept well there. In my room there was also a very bright light that we couldn't turn off. I could have told reception and maybe they would have given us another fan or something, but I didn't feel up to walking down four stories to the bar in my pajamas. The staff was good and good cheap, but from a big-name hostel I expected more.

Hello, Thank you for leaving us a review, your feedback allows us to improve our facilities. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Due to the very warm weather we have been experiencing lately, we understand that the rooms can become very hot. We will be working on adding more fans to the rooms in the hostel in order to make our guests as comfortable as possible. All the best and safe travels, St. Christopher's Inn Staff

• Australia, Female, 31-40
9th Jul 2017
3.1

Absolutely awful experience. The room is hot with no windows and one little fan for the room of 8 people. It was impossible for most people to sleep. 1 other person in the room was continuously up all night using plastic bags and unpacking / repacking her bag. There should be a 'no plastic bag' rule.

Hello, Thank you for leaving us a review, we appreciate your feedback. Due to the very warm weather we have been experiencing lately, we understand that the rooms can become very hot. We are sorry about this and are doing our best to make our guests as comfortable as possible during their stay. Your feedback has been noted and we will continue to work on solutions. All the best and safe travels, St. Christopher's Inn Staff

• leteesha
30th Jun 2017
4.6

No locks on lockers. Bring your own lock. Staff were helpful! :)

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave this feedback, this will help us improve going forward. Kind Regards Team Hammersmith

24th Jun 2017

Nice place and friendly staff. Breakfast was pretty good and cheap. Only downside is no lift and a funny smell in the fourth floor bathroom. Would stay again, close to transport

Thanks for taking the time to leave this, review we will use it to help us improve in the future.

• Sweden, Female, 18-24
23rd Jun 2017

I would really recommend this hostel, at least the girls dorm where I stayed. It's very clean, good lockable drawers under the beds, also lockers in the room. It's right by the underground too!

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave this great feedback, we look forward to seeing you feedback. Kind Regards Team Hammersmith

• USA, Female, 18-24
23rd Jun 2017
7.4

About that I expected for the price. My biggest problem was that the Belushi's Bar staff and hostel staff SEEM to be the same staff doing two different jobs. I had to check in on hectic a Friday night, and staff had to be called away from the extremely busy bar to help me move in. I felt like they needed separate staff there to keep their full attention on each prospective bar and hostel part of the operation, especially on such a crazy night.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this feedback, it will help us improve in the future.

20th Jun 2017

Right near the train station. No cooking facilities, noisy and no air con or fans

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave this feedback, it will help us improve going forward. Each room does have 2 fans, and we also have a guest kitchen on the 1st floor with microwave etc. Kind Regards Team Hammersmith

19th Jun 2017

Great hostel but can be noisy because of the pub downstairs, if you're ok with the noise then you won't have any problems.

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review, we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

• England, Female, 25-30
19th Jun 2017
4.6

I was put in a mixed eight bed dorm. I was the only girl in the dorm. It was incredibly hot on the room. There were two fans. The fan was moved in the night and was not on me. As it was so hot you could see most of people's bodies and I could not wear much or have a sheet over me to a good extent as it was so incredibly hot. I told one woman staff and they just laughed and said I know! The bed was comfortable and clean sheets with bed made. The showers were hot. The Italian staff man was good.

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave this feedback. The UK is having an unusually good summer, one of the best for over 40 years with temperatures plus 30 for nearly 2 weeks. We issue fans to each room to help keep the temperature down. We hope that you enjoy the rest of your trip. Team Hammersmith :-)