St Christopher's Hammersmith Reviews

28, Hammersmith Broadway, Hammersmith, London, England

The lockers below each bed are big, but they require an extra lock which you need to bring yourself or purchase at the reception desk. Such an addition shouldn't be necessary. Lockers should lock by default! But the breakfast is amazing!

Great experience

• 25th Mar 2015

unfortunately my bed was "cleaned" instead of the girl above me(who was actually leaving). my stuff has been removed from my bed and my charger for my iphone was not able to be found again :/ all in all hammersmith is a great place to stay, its clean and very handy with the connection...

Great staff and great location. However do NOT come here if you want a social hostel .

Very simple, basic place. No real issues with the place and a fantastic price. Shame there was no common areas except the bar downstairs. Not too loud although right next to Hammersmith station and main roads so great transport links. Again, no real complaints. Loved the Winehouse mural too!

I stayed at the biggest dorm in the hostel. There are own curtain, light and electric plug so that you can keep your provacy.

Problem on showers and the lockers inside the rooms was very small.

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Greece

Average hostel. decent location. Dorm size is a good size. could be cleaner but it is a very big building! Its a pub downstairs so plenty of people down there all day long for a good atmosphere!

It's a good hostel. I stayed only for one night but the facilities are great, it's just 1mn by walk from the tube and very easy to find.

Thanks for your great review. We are glad to hear you liked our convenient location and enjoyed your stay. We wish you safe and enjoyable travels for the future.

Absolutely loved it and will be keen to book again! I had Kim, Alex and Ange for most of my dealings with the hostel and they were beyond helpful in extending my stay. They took personal interest in their guests and created a homey atmosphere for the residents and visitors.

Thanks for your great review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our friendly staff made you feel welcome. We wish you safe and enjoyable future travels.

The only negative thing is the shower room which is tiny and there is not constant water steam. Also the toilets are very small as well.

Thanks for your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We apologise about our push button showers, unfortunately with so many showers in one building it is necessary for water saving. We wish you safe and enjoyable future travels.

The room I was in was not cleaned properly for about 3 days, I had to ask for it to be done. Great breakfast, great location but the showers are terrible.

Thanks for your review. We are glad to hear you liked our location and free breakfast. We are sorry to hear that your room wasn't to the high standard of cleanliness that we hope for. We would like to thank you again for your helpful feedback so that we can address these issues to make it a better stay for our future guests. Happy future travels.

Good, only problem was that my bag couldn't fit in the lockers (which are downstairs, no elevator) so I had to carry it to the 2nd and later on to the 5th floor where I was staying. That was a huge problem. The 18 dorm was full of stuff and too crowded in that sense.

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Finland

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We apologise that you had to carry your bag up the stairs. We do have other options to store luggage if they don't fit in the lockers and our staff are willing to help you carry your luggage. We apologise if this wasn't offered to you. Thanks again for your helpful feedback. Happy travels!

I loved staying here!! We got a lot of good information about what to do during our trip, the beds were comfy and the showers were hot. I loved the bar downstairs where we got free breakfast (awesome) and a discount! And a quick and easy tube ride away from main attractions! Highly recommend for study abroad students and backpackers.

Thanks for your great review. We are glad to hear that our staff gave you a lot of information about what to do in London and that you enjoyed your stay. We wish you safe and enjoyable travels for the future.

This hostel is alright for a short stay in London. Hammersmith is well located. The breakfast is good although there isn't a kitchen. The main point however is the beds are awful!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BUY NEW MATTRESSES!!

• 28th Jan 2015

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We are pleased to hear you liked our location and free breakfast. We apologise your bed was not as comfortable as we hope for. We will most certainly look into this. We would like to thank you again for your helpful feedback and wish you well.

didn't receive key deposit back but provided key. slow check in times. seemed more of a "after works drinks" bar lots of white collar workers at most times. rooms could use some renovations and the bathrooms weren't the best. location is great right next to Hammersmith station if your looking for an option outside of town.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. We are glad to hear that you liked our hostel's location. We are sorry to hear you didn't receive your key deposit back. This is something relatively new we have introduced so perhaps the staff forgot the new process for this. If you would like us to refund you the £2 please contact us directly by email. Thank you again for your helpful feedback. We wish you safe and enjoyable future travels.

lovely people, but the room was dated.there was a horrible smell and the bed was uncomfortable. rooms in need of modernising and investment. great location, staff super and wifi good.

Thanks for your review. We are glad to hear you liked our friendly staff and WI-FI. We apologise that you didn't like the facilities and appearance of our rooms. Unfortunately being an old London building things can look more outdated. We apologise for the smell and would like to thank you for informing us. We wish you safe and enjoyable travels for the future.

I like staying this hostel especially 18 dorm as we can keep our privacy with curtain. There is the bar downstairs so that little bit laud in the night until 2:00.

Thanks for your great review. We are glad you like our 18 pod dorm and that you enjoyed your stay. Happy future travels!

The location of the hostel is good, although It is expensive for the not so good quality. Another good point is the staff, always polite. There are few bathrooms available and the one I used was broken, so I had to shower with cold water in winter. There are no kitchen facilities and they should renew the inside part of the building, because it seems so old and dirty. Although, the decoration was really interesting. And the bar/pub downstairs was really really good!

Thanks for taking the time to give us your review. We are glad to hear that you liked our Belushis bare and friendly staff. We apologise that we didn't have some facilities that you hoped for and that you didn't feel it was value for your money. We take all of our reviews on board and would like to thank you once again for your feedback. We wish you safe and enjoyable future travels.

Even though my overall rating is 91%, I have to say I was not satisfied with my stay at St. Christophers Inn. The main reason for my dissatisfaction is that I only got one hour of sleep due to an extremely loud snorer

• 15th Jan 2015

Thanks for taking the time to give us your review. We apologise that you had a bad experience with a noisy person in your room. Unfortunately this can sometimes be out of our control however we hope that you were able to get some of our free ear plugs from reception to help you out. We wish you safe and future travels!