St Christopher's Hammersmith Reviews

28, Hammersmith Broadway, Hammersmith, London, England

I stayed for 5 nights and found it was very clean however it was hard not having a common room or a kitchen. I wasn't able to get a drink of water or when people where sleeping in my room i had no place to go i had to keep quiet in the room. Not having kitchen facility's ended up costing me a lot as i needed to buy spoons and water regularly. I was also placed on the top floor which meant I had 5 sets steep and narrow stairs I had to climb with my stuff all the time and it was an inconvenience.

Thanks for your review. Sorry you didn't like being on the top floor, however that is where our female dorms are located to make them the most private. Sorry you spent a lot of money on certain things. Our staff down in the bar are more than happy to give our guests water and cutlery any time. Glad you found our hostel nice and clean. Enjoy any future travels!

Lack of a kitchen was extremely disappointing, not even a kettle or a microwave, forcing travelers to eat out for every meal (extremely expensive in London!) No lockers in the rooms, you're forced to pay for security lockers underneath the bar. No common area either, making it very hard to meet new people. Location was reasonable, some of the staff seemed very unenthusiastic.

Thanks for taking the time to give us your review. Sorry you were expecting some facilities we are unable to offer. Unfortunately there isn't space for a kitchen or chill out room without taking away rooms we need in our very busy hostel. We hope that our guests will use the bar to meet each other and take advantage of the food and drink discounts we offer. Lockers in every room is a possibility and something that our guests really want so we do have them coming shortly.

British national from the North East of England. I've been 'living' in London since November and have stayed in many, hostels around London as a means of accommodation. Positives - Some beds in certain rooms have privacy curtains, lights and power sockets. Most of the staff appear to be friendly Australian folk. Rooms can sometimes be cheap. Right next door to the Hammersmith Tube Station. Free continental breakfast. Negative - Lively bar when you want to sleep. Personal Score - 8/10

Thanks for taking the time to give us your review. Sorry about the noise in the bar. Glad you liked our friendly staff and facilities we offer.

Rooms are too hot

Thanks for your review. We are currently looking into the best way to control the temperature in our room. Sorry if it was uncomfortable for you. Enjoy any future travels!

Clean by hostel standards but they didn't empty the sanitary bins in their tiny bathrooms. I stayed in a 4 bed room which was cramped and hot, then moved to an 8 bed room which was a lot more comfortable as it had more space

• 14th May 2014
  • New Zealand

Thanks for your review. We apologise about the bins I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again. Glad you enjoyed the 8 bed dorm. Enjoy any future travels!

The big dorm was to hot

Thanks for your review. Sorry about the temperature in the 18 pod dorm, we will have that looked into and hopefully sorted before the summer. Enjoy any future travels!

Excellent hostel in Hammersmith, lovely workers, key entry which is good. Only draw back was the stairs with a heavy bag and no lift :( but I survived that! Shame I slept through the breakfast though, but if I haven't, a free breakfast was cherry on top. Lovely, will return.

• 4th May 2014

Thanks for your great review! Glad you enjoyed your stay :)

Everything was ok except girls at the reception desk .

Such good value for a great place. If your planning on taking the tube everywhere then this is too easy. Located opposite the Hammersmith station, this place is great for getting to know the city. It felt safe and clean although there is no kitchen or common room and there are lots of sirens at night. But otherwise would recommend to all

The room was okay, but having any kind of lockers in the basement, which is located through the bar and in the basement. You pay for the lockers too, so if you are needing to repeatedly put in and take things out during your stay, you will pay each time. So that sucks something terrible. Staff were more busy with the pub for any real service and I fear for the people staying on the first floor as the noise from the pub will keep you awake.

The staff were amazing and so helpful!!! The whole place was very clean. I did have one problem with a guy that was staying there. He banged on the wall next to me for about 4 hours one night. Very annoying. But other then that it was great!

• 24th Apr 2014

No locker in the room to store my bag, while other hostels in this price have.

Thanks for your review. We are looking into the lockers situation and will hopefully have them in every room soon. Sorry for any inconvenience it caused you. Enjoy any future travels!

I would have preferred a secure option for storing bags that didn't involve going through the bar (and that wasn't accessible to bar patrons) - that's fine during the day, but not so good later in the evening when the bar is busy. I liked the keypad lock on the room.

Thanks for taking the time to give us your review. We have taken our guests' comments on board and will be shortly installing lockers in all rooms to make it more convenient for our guests. Enjoy any future travels!

Door keys not working so doors had to be proper open all day and night. No lockers in rooms only payed lockers in basement 5 floors down, all stairs. No check in til 2pm. Had to wait 3 hours after 24 hours of travel. Breakfast was OK. Not enough toilets and showers.

Thanks for taking the time to give us your review. We apologise about the door keys. This issue has thankfully now been resolved. We are in the process of getting lockers for all rooms to make it more convenient for our guests. Sorry you had to wait to check in. Unfortunately our check in time is at 2pm as the housekeepers need this time to change all the beds and make the rooms and bathrooms nice and clean for our guests. Hope you enjoy the rest of your travels!

it was everything OK. , personal very kind but I found an old-used contact lance on my bed what means that my sheets were on bed for a long time. despite of that I was satisfied with accommodation.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

Thanks for your review. Our housekeepers change the linen on every bed when a guest checks out. However we apologise that this happened to you. Enjoy the rest of your travels!

Repair the lights in toilets on the third floor; was after two days still not done. Oil those cracking noise doors as I already said to the reception. If you make an inspection round every day you notice this yourself. It well only take half an hour to do this all over the place.

Not the usual St. Christopher's facilities or atmosphere, on this hostel they thought more about the bar than the hostel itself, there's no lockers on bigger rooms, there were 3 bathrooms on my floor but only one was working and there was also mold on the celling. The Staff was really friendly, but they were always really busy as they also work on the bar (and the bar is always packed).

Really great hostel in a beautiful old building with a pub below, all the staff were really helpful and friendly and their are lots of bathrooms and nice rooms. Was a bit pricey however I think anywhere you stay in London would be!

Thank you for your great review. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Enjoy the rest of your travels!

the standard was alright, however no internet for part of my stay, also couldnt regulate the temperature of water, no common areas and room was a bit crowded no kitchen facility also a big disadvantage.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We were having some problems with our power going out and unfortunately these things get affected when this happens. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Enjoy the rest of your travels!

Good location and value for money. Friendly staff is helpful when needed. Occasionally cold showers. No lounge area other than in the bar. Breakfast is very simple but included. Perfect if you just want a place to sleep.

Thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Enjoy the rest of your travels!

(1989 results)