St Christopher's Hammersmith Reviews

28, Hammersmith Broadway, Hammersmith, London, England

The girls at Belushis/reception are a great help! The beds were comfy and we met some great people. The bathrooms are alright. The showers are ones where you have to continuously press the tap to keep the water running and you can't adjust the temperature. The rooms could get quite hot when it had been hot that day and you can't open the window fully and there's no fan which wasn't ideal. The place is cleaned every day! And the free breakfast is fantastic.

Great hostel overall. Not the most central but very accessible. And the staff were especially welcoming. Especially Dani, Angie and Janelle.

I've visited St. Christopher's at Berlin, and it was an excellent experience! Unfortunately, this hostel doesn't deliver the same kind of awesomeness. It's a basic hostel. However, if you're like me and don't spend too much time at hostels when you travel, this might be your place. The tube is right across the street! P.S. The area is very loud day and night, so if you're looking for some peace and quiet, this isn't your place.

In average, it is a nice hostel. There is a football bar just under the inn. It was really nice the bar. The male staff was nice but the female staffs were arrogant. The room was not as clean as i thought. There were at least 3 flies in each day. One thing can be improve :the shower was terriblely unstable! The water was sometimes very hot and cold.

Thanks for your review. We apologise that our cleanliness wasn't to the standards we hope for and that you found the temperature of the showers inconsistent. We have had some issues with power networks which sometimes effects our boiler. Hopefully this issue has now been resolved. Enjoy any future travels!

Both my friend and I felt as though the staff were more interested in the patrons in the bar rather than the guests in the hostel. We had to wait to get questions answered while patrons at the bar were served. It was quite noisy even though there were rules that were stated that respect for other travellers was expected. An intoxicated patron grabbed me while I was waiting to ask some questions and was also trying to get into the hostel area using his credit card. I wasn't impressed!

I always stay at this hostel when I come to London. The hostel is a minutes walk from the underground station and shops. The breakfast is fairly good and the staff friendly. The female dorm is very clean and the beds comfortable. The bathrooms on the top floor could do with updating but there are several bathrooms in the hostel. Recommended.

Thanks for your great review. We are pleased you enjoy staying with us!

A bit run down and lots of stairs but otherwise a decent place to stay. Well connected to the centre of London by the tube and night buses.

Thanks for your review. Apologies about the stairs, however an elevator isn't possible in our building so we unfortunately have to manage without :( Glad you liked our location for where you needed to go. Enjoy any future travels!

St Christopher's is a base for me in between my job as a trip leader. I love coming here, the metros are close, Westfield Afew stops away, great food places near by. Great bar and staff downstairs. Gym up the road, only thing it needs is fans in the rooms. It can get warm when there is 8 people and can only open the windows a little. But I always come back, great value for money and safe area.

• 7th Jun 2014

Thanks for your great review. Glad you enjoy staying with us and hopefully we will have the temperature sorted out shortly.

The hostel is located in a great location! It's by the hammersmith train and subway stations! Its a zone 2 on the transit map, and there lots of buses that pass by it! The downside is that it gets very noisy and if you nap during the day you will have to use ear plugs! On sat and sun nights the bar below which is a part of the hostel has big parties with very high music volume and loud smokers! The hostel doesn't have a common room! Also it doesn't have a kitchen nor laundry!

• 6th Jun 2014

good hostel. location is good. staff is friendly. clean room

A very solid hostel. Free breakfast, WiFi, decent bed and facilities, good location. Not too much to complain about!

No lockers in the rooms, only downstairs. The staff are super dooper friendly, and the atmosphere is pretty sweet with the bar downstairs. Next to the Hammersmith underground which is close to everything. At least its not West Two London, Bayswater.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I stayed for 5 nights and found it was very clean however it was hard not having a common room or a kitchen. I wasn't able to get a drink of water or when people where sleeping in my room i had no place to go i had to keep quiet in the room. Not having kitchen facility's ended up costing me a lot as i needed to buy spoons and water regularly. I was also placed on the top floor which meant I had 5 sets steep and narrow stairs I had to climb with my stuff all the time and it was an inconvenience.

Thanks for your review. Sorry you didn't like being on the top floor, however that is where our female dorms are located to make them the most private. Sorry you spent a lot of money on certain things. Our staff down in the bar are more than happy to give our guests water and cutlery any time. Glad you found our hostel nice and clean. Enjoy any future travels!

Lack of a kitchen was extremely disappointing, not even a kettle or a microwave, forcing travelers to eat out for every meal (extremely expensive in London!) No lockers in the rooms, you're forced to pay for security lockers underneath the bar. No common area either, making it very hard to meet new people. Location was reasonable, some of the staff seemed very unenthusiastic.

Thanks for taking the time to give us your review. Sorry you were expecting some facilities we are unable to offer. Unfortunately there isn't space for a kitchen or chill out room without taking away rooms we need in our very busy hostel. We hope that our guests will use the bar to meet each other and take advantage of the food and drink discounts we offer. Lockers in every room is a possibility and something that our guests really want so we do have them coming shortly.

British national from the North East of England. I've been 'living' in London since November and have stayed in many, hostels around London as a means of accommodation. Positives - Some beds in certain rooms have privacy curtains, lights and power sockets. Most of the staff appear to be friendly Australian folk. Rooms can sometimes be cheap. Right next door to the Hammersmith Tube Station. Free continental breakfast. Negative - Lively bar when you want to sleep. Personal Score - 8/10

Thanks for taking the time to give us your review. Sorry about the noise in the bar. Glad you liked our friendly staff and facilities we offer.

Rooms are too hot

Thanks for your review. We are currently looking into the best way to control the temperature in our room. Sorry if it was uncomfortable for you. Enjoy any future travels!

Clean by hostel standards but they didn't empty the sanitary bins in their tiny bathrooms. I stayed in a 4 bed room which was cramped and hot, then moved to an 8 bed room which was a lot more comfortable as it had more space

• 14th May 2014
  • New Zealand

Thanks for your review. We apologise about the bins I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again. Glad you enjoyed the 8 bed dorm. Enjoy any future travels!

The big dorm was to hot

Thanks for your review. Sorry about the temperature in the 18 pod dorm, we will have that looked into and hopefully sorted before the summer. Enjoy any future travels!

Excellent hostel in Hammersmith, lovely workers, key entry which is good. Only draw back was the stairs with a heavy bag and no lift :( but I survived that! Shame I slept through the breakfast though, but if I haven't, a free breakfast was cherry on top. Lovely, will return.

• 4th May 2014

Thanks for your great review! Glad you enjoyed your stay :)

Everything was ok except girls at the reception desk .

(2001 results)