St Christopher's Hammersmith Reviews

28, Hammersmith Broadway, Hammersmith, London, England

you cant beat this hostel for location, so I would go back there for that. the breakfast could do with improvement but its good that its there as it brings a good atmosphere to the place. i liked the idea of the bar downstairs and there are security guys on the door which makes staying at the hostel safe (as well as the key cards of course). i liked the way the female bathrooms were laid out but the showers need changing as they are not powerful, the temp is not adjustable, the locks dont work

Good value If your looking for a bed. Close to subway literally crossed the street which was handy. Just in zone 2 so little more money to travel. Bar was kind of annoying always full and loud. Some staff were good and helpful others lazy and didn't care about the hostelers only the bar customers. No kitchen or common area. Did not use lockers expensive and a poor location.

Hello, Thanks for your review. Apologies that the bar was not to your liking, we offer great deals for hostel guests in bar which is why it might have been busier than expected. We do not have a kitchen but offer 25% off all meals purchased in the bar. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

This was one of the cheapest and best hostels I have stayed in. I paid under 11 pound a night for my big 18 bed dorm but it felt really private because the beds had curtains. In a great location and the staff were really friendly. One in particular, Loz who checked me in made me feel really welcome and remembered me later at the bar which was really nice. Will definitely recommend this hostel to friends

Good as usuall!

• 28th Sep 2013

There are no lifts and my room was at the forth floor, feel like dying to take up my luggage.

This is a very good hostel. Close to Tube station, on west side and in between Heathrow and downtown. I stayed in the mixed dorm and the beds were very comfortable. The cots are rugged and didn't make noise ...which is peaceful compared to few others I've stayed before. Individual storage is just under the cot and well thought-out. On the flip side, the room can get noisy since it is very close to the main road. Very helpful staff who manage the pub + hostel and some of them are good-looking ;-)

This hostel is in a great spot. Close to 4 tube lines. Easy to get most places from here. The area of hammersmith is safe too so you can come home later at night with no troubles. The breakfast included is really good, just a shame there's no kitchen. Hard to meet people here as there's no common room, just a pub downstairs. Would stay again :)

My iPad was stolen from my room when I went to the toilet

My computer was taken from my room, but that's my fault for not locking it up *VERY loud I would stay again for that reason * great location for using underground

Nothing really bad to say about this place except for the cold showers. There's no real "hang out" area (apart from the bar), but the rooms are large and have chairs and seats so you can hang out there. Staff were very friendly and helpful!

Prefer lockers in rooms. Paid lockers in basement are a long walk from the 4th floor.

The location of the hostel is excellent, you can travel everywhere easily using public transport (there are three tube lines and a bus station just near the hostel). The staff is very nice, but the hostel has very poor facilities. I was in an 8 beds mixed room: four bunks, two chairs and nothing else, i.e. no cupboards, lockers, anything else in the room... However it is cheap, so if you need just a sleeping place and you spend all of your awake time in the city, then I recommend this hostel.

• 20th Aug 2013
  • Hungary

No kitchen which was annoying if you're staying longer than a couple nights but everything else was great.

Still my favourite place to stay in London! I let everyone know - close to all facilities, bar & restaurant onsite; internet cafe, laundromat, trains, buses & shops close by, all ticks in my box!

Very good hostel close to train and bus. reception australien girls Amy and Jezmin helped me alot and were nice all the time, had a good atmosphere in bar also.

• 12th Aug 2013
  • Romania

Wifi only downstairs and only a tiny locker in the rooms. Average but still a decent sleep.

No kitchen! No wifi in rooms

• 30th Jul 2013
  • New Zealand

Just the showers are a little disappointing only being hot and only run for 5 seconds before you push the button...apart from that staff were really friendly, helpful and the pub had a really good vibe

A great, clean and safe area. An easy ride on the tube into the city centre. The only major gripe is the lack of a kitchen and common room. Tough there is the bar downstairs if you are looking for somewhere quiet to go and hang out it doesn't really provide that.

The only thing i would say is having some were u could cook ur own food

• 21st Jul 2013