St Christopher's Hammersmith Reviews

28, Hammersmith Broadway, Hammersmith, London, England

Atmosphere was not very welcoming for a female solo traveller - lots of "older" men seemingly staying there long-term, getting so comfortable that they leave the bathroom door open while peeing etc. Not really creating a "backpacker" culture where people want to get to know each other, made me feel like I'm intruding someones home. VERY noisy due to street noise and a club next to the hostel,made it impossible to sleep. Wifi reception didn't work at times. No common room available. Good location

Hello There Thank you for leaving us a feedback. We are sorry your experience went bad.Issues regarding long-stay guest are going to be sorted soon as we want this hostel to have a backpacker culture! We are glad you mentioned those issues in your review! Thanks again We hope to see you soon

Had a great time staying at this social, fun hostel. Staff were all top notch and the fairly busy bar downstairs was fun to have on my doorstep. A bit of street noise and bass from the bar comes upstairs so maybe don't book it for your business trip, but if your after a good time at a safe, friendly spot with great transport links and a decent price for london, look no further.

Hello, Thank you for this lovely review, we are really happy to read that you loved our amazing staff and our busy bar! We are glad you had a lovely stay and hope we will see you very soon

Bad atmosphere.I don't have a problem with people living temporarily in hostels while they set up their lives, but when someone gets up at 5am every morning and switches the lights on to iron their clothes and do their hair,that's just ridiculous.Others would like to sleep.You won't get much of that here though;sirens blaring on the streets all night and loud moaning pipes going through the hostel walls all night...and cold showers.

• 18th Apr 2015

Hey there, Thank you for taking the time for sharing with us your experience. We are sorry you had a bad experience during your stay.It's sometimes quite hard to roomshare with people who have different way of life.We know that and that's why we are always happy to find a better solution for our guests(moving room etc) We hope to see you soon

Great location and very friendly staff. Angie and the guy is the nice staff I will remember.It's a good place to stay for a short time.

Hello you Many thanks for this great review, we are proud you had a great time here and liked our staff. We hope to see you very soon!

There were a lot of older folk there, a few who seemed not to be backpacking but living there. It was around 12 when they told me and my friend, who were talking quietly in our bunk that it was too late. Also would be nice to have a common area with a table and some chairs etc. But overall good value.

Hey ! Thank you for leaving us a feedback, we really appreciate it. We are happy you choosed us for your stay in London. We know we should provide a nice chill out area for our guests but unfortunately, we don't have a lot of space here

Avoid staying in room 111. Otherwise hostel is in good location.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Hey there I have sent you an email to have more information about your stay as it's important for us to know what we should improve. I am looking forward to ear fromyou

Close to the tube and lots of shoping! However.... I was dissapointed that it's almost impossible to meet forgien travellers at this hostel as it is mainly used by imagrant workers while they look for homes. Of he 8 beds In my room 6 were used by workers. His creates a bad atmosphere as the are not really there to socialize.. Day staff were friendly and helpfull, was very disappointed with drunk staff on check out this morning... Very unhelpful and quite rude. Unfortunate to leave on a sour note

Hello there Thank you for sharing with us your experience. We are glad you enjoyed our location and had good times shopping around. We are sorry your experience with Hostellers wasn't that great , our foreign guests are often in the bar meeting up and sharing a nice pint of beer. We apologize for the issue that you had during your check out,this is not matching our standards and we will look into it. We hope to see you soon!

The lockers below each bed are big, but they require an extra lock which you need to bring yourself or purchase at the reception desk. Such an addition shouldn't be necessary. Lockers should lock by default! But the breakfast is amazing!

Great experience

• 25th Mar 2015

unfortunately my bed was "cleaned" instead of the girl above me(who was actually leaving). my stuff has been removed from my bed and my charger for my iphone was not able to be found again :/ all in all hammersmith is a great place to stay, its clean and very handy with the connection...

Great staff and great location. However do NOT come here if you want a social hostel .

Very simple, basic place. No real issues with the place and a fantastic price. Shame there was no common areas except the bar downstairs. Not too loud although right next to Hammersmith station and main roads so great transport links. Again, no real complaints. Loved the Winehouse mural too!

I stayed at the biggest dorm in the hostel. There are own curtain, light and electric plug so that you can keep your provacy.

Problem on showers and the lockers inside the rooms was very small.

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Greece

Average hostel. decent location. Dorm size is a good size. could be cleaner but it is a very big building! Its a pub downstairs so plenty of people down there all day long for a good atmosphere!

It's a good hostel. I stayed only for one night but the facilities are great, it's just 1mn by walk from the tube and very easy to find.

Thanks for your great review. We are glad to hear you liked our convenient location and enjoyed your stay. We wish you safe and enjoyable travels for the future.

Absolutely loved it and will be keen to book again! I had Kim, Alex and Ange for most of my dealings with the hostel and they were beyond helpful in extending my stay. They took personal interest in their guests and created a homey atmosphere for the residents and visitors.

Thanks for your great review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our friendly staff made you feel welcome. We wish you safe and enjoyable future travels.

The only negative thing is the shower room which is tiny and there is not constant water steam. Also the toilets are very small as well.

Thanks for your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We apologise about our push button showers, unfortunately with so many showers in one building it is necessary for water saving. We wish you safe and enjoyable future travels.

The room I was in was not cleaned properly for about 3 days, I had to ask for it to be done. Great breakfast, great location but the showers are terrible.

Thanks for your review. We are glad to hear you liked our location and free breakfast. We are sorry to hear that your room wasn't to the high standard of cleanliness that we hope for. We would like to thank you again for your helpful feedback so that we can address these issues to make it a better stay for our future guests. Happy future travels.

Good, only problem was that my bag couldn't fit in the lockers (which are downstairs, no elevator) so I had to carry it to the 2nd and later on to the 5th floor where I was staying. That was a huge problem. The 18 dorm was full of stuff and too crowded in that sense.

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Finland

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We apologise that you had to carry your bag up the stairs. We do have other options to store luggage if they don't fit in the lockers and our staff are willing to help you carry your luggage. We apologise if this wasn't offered to you. Thanks again for your helpful feedback. Happy travels!

(2097 results)