St Christopher's Hammersmith Reviews

28, Hammersmith Broadway, Hammersmith, London, England

Fire alarms ringing, broken showers.

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • Portugal

Stayed in an 18 dorm which was surprisingly intimate for it's size - very clean toilets and showers for that size room, atmosphere was a bit dry but the staff are lovely and the food in the pub downstairs is lovely especially for the price. They also give you discount coupons which makes it more worthwhile .... Security is good but I'm always sceptical in pubs/bars as someone could just walk in behind you...I got my room for £8 and thought it was good value for money....

A1 hostel.. Would totally recommend!

Only had the one night here, and my stay here was average, not in a bad way, but nothing was overally impressive nor poor. My room smelt pretty bad, think it was due to the 9:1ratio of boys to girls! Haha Drinks are cheap in the bar, and the staff do try and make you feel as welcome as possible. Would recommend for a short stay. It is in zone 2 of London though, 20min on the tube will get you into central, has a good location to tube and bus station though so is easily accessible.

This is literally one of the worst hostel's I've ever stayed in. I would NEVER recommend this hostel to anyone. Springs could be felt through the mattress, the pillow was as comfortable as sleeping on a laptop, and the 4th floor smelt like a sewer due to the fact that the toilets get into a habit of not flusing for hours at a time. Imagine 16 women's bowel movements piling up on each other, and then trying to brush your teeth in this bathroom or take a shower in there. Awful!

• 11th Nov 2013

The staff work at the same time for the hostel and the bar, so they get lost sometimes. There is a bar, okay, but no commom area inside the hostel, nor kitchen facilities.

The 18 bed dorms are good value for money for the price. There's actually more privacy than you'd expect for this arrangement as each bed takes the form of a cubicle with a curtain - similar to how capsule hotels work in Japan. The dorm room has its own shower room connected, and the hot water works well. The place is clean. Little cages under the bed allow you to lock your belongings if you have your own lock. Cool bar with atmosphere downstairs. Staff attitude could be better. Breakfast good.

The neighborhood is good, but far from the touristic views. It was not very silent at night, probably because I was in the 1st floor and the hostel's bar was very crowd. And I had a problem there because the locker under my bed was broken, so I couldn't put my padlock and when I went to the reception to complain, the girl told me I had to use the payed locker, outside the room, and that there was nothing she could do.

I liked that the Hostel was clean and well organised with friendly, helpfull staff. The curtains on the beds is brilliant and also the bedlight , thumbs up! I missed a common room though, there was none save the bar area. Still a great Hostel with free wifi and cheap lockers for maximum security.

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Sweden

Stayed in female dorm requested twice by phone to hatters hostel for a lower bunk ..but when I got there I was given higher bunk.. asked why told they forgot!

My stay in the hostel was more than delightful. I especially enjoyed the large rooms and comfotable beds. Also there was hot water in the showers at all times and the toilets were very clean . Another advantage is the location across Hammersmith tube station that makes it a safe location. There are shops and cafes and supermarkets near by. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent. Unfortunately the quality of the lunch is poor but the 25% discount on food saved me a lot.

• 25th Oct 2013
  • Greece

Lockers were not suitable for any longer than a couple days. Would not recommend to backpackers.

• 24th Oct 2013

Awesome location directly accross from the tube. Good bar downstairs, no kitchen or 'hang out' facilities except the bar. No lockers in rooms but lockers downstairs if you want. I was in an 8 bed mixed dorm and it was quiet spacious :) Will always try and stay at a St Christopher's in the future as I find them really good!!

• 21st Oct 2013

you cant beat this hostel for location, so I would go back there for that. the breakfast could do with improvement but its good that its there as it brings a good atmosphere to the place. i liked the idea of the bar downstairs and there are security guys on the door which makes staying at the hostel safe (as well as the key cards of course). i liked the way the female bathrooms were laid out but the showers need changing as they are not powerful, the temp is not adjustable, the locks dont work

Good value If your looking for a bed. Close to subway literally crossed the street which was handy. Just in zone 2 so little more money to travel. Bar was kind of annoying always full and loud. Some staff were good and helpful others lazy and didn't care about the hostelers only the bar customers. No kitchen or common area. Did not use lockers expensive and a poor location.

Hello, Thanks for your review. Apologies that the bar was not to your liking, we offer great deals for hostel guests in bar which is why it might have been busier than expected. We do not have a kitchen but offer 25% off all meals purchased in the bar. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

This was one of the cheapest and best hostels I have stayed in. I paid under 11 pound a night for my big 18 bed dorm but it felt really private because the beds had curtains. In a great location and the staff were really friendly. One in particular, Loz who checked me in made me feel really welcome and remembered me later at the bar which was really nice. Will definitely recommend this hostel to friends

Good as usuall!

• 28th Sep 2013

There are no lifts and my room was at the forth floor, feel like dying to take up my luggage.

This is a very good hostel. Close to Tube station, on west side and in between Heathrow and downtown. I stayed in the mixed dorm and the beds were very comfortable. The cots are rugged and didn't make noise ...which is peaceful compared to few others I've stayed before. Individual storage is just under the cot and well thought-out. On the flip side, the room can get noisy since it is very close to the main road. Very helpful staff who manage the pub + hostel and some of them are good-looking ;-)

This hostel is in a great spot. Close to 4 tube lines. Easy to get most places from here. The area of hammersmith is safe too so you can come home later at night with no troubles. The breakfast included is really good, just a shame there's no kitchen. Hard to meet people here as there's no common room, just a pub downstairs. Would stay again :)

(1989 results)