St Christopher's Hammersmith Reviews

28, Hammersmith Broadway, Hammersmith, London, England

The staff are very friendly and helpful. Hostelworld messed up my booking but the staff was very undrstanding and rectified the problem on the spot. The dorm rooms are clean but lack any sort of storage so bags are usually on the floor, there are lockers for hire but they are exspensive to rent for a long period. There are plenty of showers and toilets on each level and they are kept very clean, though the showers are very cramped. All together a very good hostel and I recomend it to all

Even in 18 bed dorm, still had privacy because of own light, power point and curtains, bathrooms cleaned often, lockable draws under beds for bags, pub downstairs gives great discounts for food and drinks, breakfast is nothing special but solid free meal, bit far out from Central London but right next to main tube stop. Would recommend!

Extremely cramped dorm room. No common area. felt like a prison. Have to pay to use lockers in the basement of a restaurant. Something like a pound every 12 hours. No computers. Just a bed in a very small dorm room. Great if you just need a place to crash for a night and don't want to socialize, cook, or do anything really except sit in your bed. Would certainly not go back.

Great location and good bar area but the rooms were so small. In the pictures there were beds with curtains over them but when I got there was told that it's just for the larger dorms, a little deceptive.

Great rooms with curtains around the bed. However hostels in London are always WAY too overheated. Gets very stuffy. And the kettles and toasters not working on the first morning was a real pain.

I wish the hostel had a non-bar/public social area with just a few couches where we could hang out. The all girls dorm at the top (beware you have to take your luggage right to the top, no lift!) was quite cold but luckily we had a space heater. Its quite a small room as well for 8 people but ok if you aren't staying for long.

just room n shower are good. no kitchen or no lobby but there were pub on the ground. no elevator but good location.

Very helpful staff and ideal location, I will come again!

All in the hostel was good. The only one that I would change, would be to build an elevator. My room was in the last floor and I was sick of the knee, therefore up and down the stairs was a hard work to me.

WORST HOSTEL EVER, WHEN I ARRIVED INTO THE HOSTEL, THERE WAS NO ENERGY, THE ROOMS ARE REALLY SMALL FOR 4 PEOPLE, WHEN YOU WAKE UP YOU ALMOST JUMP TO THE OTHER BED, SO I ASKED ABOUT THE ENERGY THEY SAID: WE HAVE CONTACTED THE TECHNICIAN BUT IS A WEEKEND, SO IT´SNOT MY PROBLEM YOU GOTTA HAVE YOUR EMPLOYEES TO DO GET THE PROBLEM SOLVED, DURING THE NIGHT THEY HAVE A PUB DOWNSTAIRS, SO WHEN IS 2A.M. THEY CLOSE, NO THE DON´T CLOSE THEY KICK YOUR ASS OUT FROM THE PLACE,NO ELEVATORS ONLY STAIRS, IMAGINE

Maybe it's better to put the girls' dorms on a lower floor so they don't have to drag their luggage up 8 sets of stairs to get to their room.

• 1st Dec 2013
  • Vietnam

Fire alarms ringing, broken showers.

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • Portugal

Stayed in an 18 dorm which was surprisingly intimate for it's size - very clean toilets and showers for that size room, atmosphere was a bit dry but the staff are lovely and the food in the pub downstairs is lovely especially for the price. They also give you discount coupons which makes it more worthwhile .... Security is good but I'm always sceptical in pubs/bars as someone could just walk in behind you...I got my room for £8 and thought it was good value for money....

A1 hostel.. Would totally recommend!

Only had the one night here, and my stay here was average, not in a bad way, but nothing was overally impressive nor poor. My room smelt pretty bad, think it was due to the 9:1ratio of boys to girls! Haha Drinks are cheap in the bar, and the staff do try and make you feel as welcome as possible. Would recommend for a short stay. It is in zone 2 of London though, 20min on the tube will get you into central, has a good location to tube and bus station though so is easily accessible.

This is literally one of the worst hostel's I've ever stayed in. I would NEVER recommend this hostel to anyone. Springs could be felt through the mattress, the pillow was as comfortable as sleeping on a laptop, and the 4th floor smelt like a sewer due to the fact that the toilets get into a habit of not flusing for hours at a time. Imagine 16 women's bowel movements piling up on each other, and then trying to brush your teeth in this bathroom or take a shower in there. Awful!

• 11th Nov 2013

The staff work at the same time for the hostel and the bar, so they get lost sometimes. There is a bar, okay, but no commom area inside the hostel, nor kitchen facilities.

The 18 bed dorms are good value for money for the price. There's actually more privacy than you'd expect for this arrangement as each bed takes the form of a cubicle with a curtain - similar to how capsule hotels work in Japan. The dorm room has its own shower room connected, and the hot water works well. The place is clean. Little cages under the bed allow you to lock your belongings if you have your own lock. Cool bar with atmosphere downstairs. Staff attitude could be better. Breakfast good.

The neighborhood is good, but far from the touristic views. It was not very silent at night, probably because I was in the 1st floor and the hostel's bar was very crowd. And I had a problem there because the locker under my bed was broken, so I couldn't put my padlock and when I went to the reception to complain, the girl told me I had to use the payed locker, outside the room, and that there was nothing she could do.

I liked that the Hostel was clean and well organised with friendly, helpfull staff. The curtains on the beds is brilliant and also the bedlight , thumbs up! I missed a common room though, there was none save the bar area. Still a great Hostel with free wifi and cheap lockers for maximum security.

• 1st Nov 2013