St Christopher's Hammersmith Reviews

28, Hammersmith Broadway, Hammersmith, London, England

Cups for coffee and tea at breakfast to dirty to use

Fire alarm went off AROUND 2am, stoped after 2 mins and everybody in the room went back to bed, i went downstairs for a cigarete and was told someone in the bar had set the alarm off, no one came to the room to tell the others, there could have been a fire and no one would have been able to get out. The cups for your breakfast tea / coffee were so disgusting i coul not drink from them

I loved the location! Everything is close, underground stations, places to eat ranging from fast food to restaurants, shops of all kinds also very close. Everything's just practically arms reach away. I also liked the section just outside the room (intended for computers etc.). There I could mingle and meet other people in the hostel.

• 27th Mar 2013
  • Slovenia

I was here on a night layover from Heathrow. The location was perfect for this. I was impressed with the number of electrical outlets and the light on the bed. I was disappointed that the hostel seems like an afterthought to the bar, rather than the bar feeling like a comfortable part of the hostel. I wished I'd paid more attention to reviews stating that there can be no elevator (was on 4th floor) and that lockers are in basement and cost extra. Lucky my bag was checked through. Served purpose

Great place to stay in London! In front of underground station, near mall and all kind of stores and restaurants. It's a nice place, very clean, and the staff was very kind. We enjoy our stay at St. Chistopher's!

• 9th Mar 2013
  • Mexico

The deals at the bar were great. I liked the fresh sheets we got and it was right next to the Hammersmith tube station which was really convenient even though we weren't in central downtown London.

The hostel is really good and very well located. My room was very spaceful, but I don't think the bathrooms were that good (a little tight and too little for the number of people in each floor). The breakfast was really nice. I'd stay there again!

Nice staff and a characteristic hostel. I've been at a 8 room dorm, it was clean and there were enough lockers, just a little small. Location was good, it was a really nice district with little locals and shopping possibililties (primark, river island..) too. Just the way too the real main center took about 20 minutes with tube.

• 3rd Mar 2013

I been staying at the Hammersmith Hostel at least 8 times over a the last year. It is sad to see that every time I get there I can see that the facilities have been deteriorating, bathrooms stalls are broken and sometimes the hot water is not available. Also in December 2012 on Christmas time the WI-FI went down and I could not do important communications, so I end up walking at midnight trying to find a Wi-Fi signal. My last stay from 02/27-03/04 the WI-FI was down again. Bed was not clean.

• 27th Feb 2013
  • Mexico

A very fun and friendly atmosphere, and the staff were very helpful in every aspect !

• 27th Feb 2013

A really good place to stay if you are looking to meet people as they have a bar downstairs where everyone hangs out! The staff are really friendly on my first night here Caitlin and Amy came over and joined everyone together and made us feel very at home. I would definitely recommend this hostel to any young traveller.

Sadly only there for one night before my flight. Attached to a bar with lots of young people so good atmosphere if you want to have a good time. No deposit needed for room key. Free breakfast. Showers ok.

Not good if working/looking for work or appartments or if you want to cook your own meals. Partyhostel where communal room is a pub - no kitchen. NO LOCKER in rooms. They're in Pubs basement next to restrooms - gets messy/sketchy on weekends. Value is average because lockers cost 4GBP/24hrs Excellent Hostel if you're partying/backpacking or doing short citytrip - 25% on food, 2for1 Sol Beer, 2,50 Fosters Pints. Brekkie is very basic - all other food is good/cheap. Friendly/Helpful staff!!!

• 21st Feb 2013

Without safe box in room. Small living place in room (2x2 beds). - without hook in bathroom. (clothing must be on the ground) +Near is tube (2 min walking) + Special offer for guest (food and drinks)

very happy all round

I really liked the atmosphere of this place, however, the one things that I was not pleased with was the fact that their wifi is only on the first floor. I would have appreciated it if the wifi was on throughout the hostel. There was a bar downstairs which means you could get reasonably priced food and mingle. Also, the staff were lovely!! It was a good location because it was between the inner city and Heathrow airport, and it was also located very close to the underground station and shops.

Very much enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The staff are very lovely and friendly, and the bar downstairs is a great place to hang out and meet people- i will def stay here again and recommend it to others. Very friendly bar staff thanks to caitlin for helping me out with my bookings

Staff are very friendly, and my roommates are friendly and nice as well.

Special thanks to Amy for excellent customer service!

• 14th Feb 2013
  • Lithuania

ben m and jasmine where very helpful and made my stay extra special

• 13th Feb 2013