St Christopher's Hammersmith Reviews

28, Hammersmith Broadway, Hammersmith, London, England

the staff was amazing, so helpeful and always happy. Caitlin, ally, and the 2 jasmines were such a great help with my travels and made my stay so delightful. Will definately be visiting again!!

• 6th Jun 2013

The location is good for catching public transport, however finding the hostel is very difficult. Others also had problems finding it as it is not well signed, and it was noisy from other travellers and passing trafic.

• 5th Jun 2013

Lot of drunk guys everywhere. Maybe is not the hostel's fault, but was really annoying really. Staff was great though.

The hostel works as a bar. so theres no common area and no socialization activities, just the bar. Also there were no lockers in the rooms and no wifi on the second and third flors.

I stayed in the female only dorm which had clean, comfortable beds and was very quiet. However, the lockers were broken, and did not shut properly. The shower room, the showers were extremely hot!!!! And as the temperature thermostat dial ( all three of them) were stuck, it was not possible to alter. A branch of some sort would have been helpful to out belongings on as the hooks were not exactly able to hold much or anything. The water pressure was almost zilch. Location very good.

it was very good, the staff was great and the food even better! :) although they didn't had mocha coffee haha jk it was awesome :)

I wasn't happy that I couldn't use the PowerPoint plug in room 203 on the top bunk on the right to the window at bed 7. There was something Jammed in the plug.

• 23rd May 2013

great snooze...nice gal at reception...great little hood of london...quick trip into central london on tube...breakfast was fine...bar was with good vibes.

Breakfast was ok but would be much better if the juice at breakfast time was pure juice and not diluted stuff as was provided. It would also be much better if handwash/soap is provided in the toilets. I did not see any in the toilets I used. Otherwise the facilities are fine and its not a bad place to stay.

• 21st May 2013

Good value for money, helpful and friendly staff, free Wi-Fi, large spacious rooms. The pub serves the purpose, but this hostel can be improved by having a common chill out room with coffee/tea facilities.

I traveled all over Europe and this is one of my least favorite hostels. The bathrooms permanently smell of dank moist ass and probably rival truck stop toilets in terms of sanitation. The noise level is inane and they don't really tell you about all the hidden fees. For example, a locker is 4 pounds a day. Towels and hairdryers are an extra charge. Wifi is only available on one floor. The one redeeming quality is the breakfast. 3/10 would not return or recommend.

• 16th May 2013

I would maybe come back here. It was in such a great location. Its neighborhood was wonderful, and we were literally just across the street from a picadilly stop. Downsides: we were a group of girls and the only way to get into the hostel is to go through the pub downstairs. This was fine with us, but on a couple of nights there were VERY shady characters, and it made us all uncomfortable. Also the dishes at breakfast were all dirty, and the only place to lock a bag is in the basement.

I didn't like that wifi didn't reach the upper floors. Ad there was no kitchen to cook yourself, but it wasn't a huge deal. It was a really nice hostel.

The staff were unfriendly and unable to offer directions to basic tourist attractions/grocery store/ etc. Garbages in rooms and bathrooms were rarely emptied causing garbage to overflow and no soap in bathrooms. Overall a very average hostel. Smells like deep flyer in hostel because it is located above the pub/restaurant.

Great, great, great location!

A great stay

• 2nd May 2013

Overall the staff were friendly and the hostel is in an excellent location. Only having lockers in some rooms or downstairs where you have to pay for them is a drawback. The toilets weren't particularly clean and smelt most of the time. Also, I thought I heard rats in the room and when I mentioned this to one of the staff members she said she thought that was unlikely, that they had never had any complaints and that she didn't care.

Great hostel, nice staff and a lot of fun!

• 27th Apr 2013

Hostel was ok. We stayed in a 8 bed dorm. Room was good but the bathrooms were a let down. The lack of a common room/kitchen really take away form the atmosphere of the place. The staff were not friendly or helpful. We had trouble with the lockers and when we asked for help we got a very rude reply and it really seemed like we were annoying them by asking for help.

the wifi never worked and the staff did not do anything about it. Also there are not computers available at the hostel as an alterntive. Therefore I was without internet for the duration of my stay.

• 22nd Apr 2013