St Christopher's Hammersmith Reviews

28, Hammersmith Broadway, Hammersmith, London, England

I didn't like that wifi didn't reach the upper floors. Ad there was no kitchen to cook yourself, but it wasn't a huge deal. It was a really nice hostel.

The staff were unfriendly and unable to offer directions to basic tourist attractions/grocery store/ etc. Garbages in rooms and bathrooms were rarely emptied causing garbage to overflow and no soap in bathrooms. Overall a very average hostel. Smells like deep flyer in hostel because it is located above the pub/restaurant.

Great, great, great location!

A great stay

• 2nd May 2013

Overall the staff were friendly and the hostel is in an excellent location. Only having lockers in some rooms or downstairs where you have to pay for them is a drawback. The toilets weren't particularly clean and smelt most of the time. Also, I thought I heard rats in the room and when I mentioned this to one of the staff members she said she thought that was unlikely, that they had never had any complaints and that she didn't care.

Great hostel, nice staff and a lot of fun!

• 27th Apr 2013

Hostel was ok. We stayed in a 8 bed dorm. Room was good but the bathrooms were a let down. The lack of a common room/kitchen really take away form the atmosphere of the place. The staff were not friendly or helpful. We had trouble with the lockers and when we asked for help we got a very rude reply and it really seemed like we were annoying them by asking for help.

the wifi never worked and the staff did not do anything about it. Also there are not computers available at the hostel as an alterntive. Therefore I was without internet for the duration of my stay.

• 22nd Apr 2013

I stay in hostels regularly, but you guys are the best. I had not been to such a place before I came to St Christopher. Keep it cool.

1. Improve direction description 2. Pl. make sure that breakfast is available till the breakfast closing time. I went 15 minutes before closing, and there was almost nothing. 3. Can be cleaner. 4. Please install additional WiFi routers on other floors. Better if Wifi is available in the room. 5. Please provide lockers in the room. Reasonably good facility, you can make it an excellent hostel.

• 19th Apr 2013

The lack of common spaces is the only downside I saw. Otherwise a pretty great hostel.

• 11th Apr 2013

install some hooks in the bathroom

After a 10-day trip to Sri Lanka, my stay in Hammersmith was brief but it was wonderful to only walk across the street from the Tube and be at my hostel. I also had a heavy suitcase and ended up on the 4th floor of the hostel, so an employee helped me get my suitcase all the way upstairs (without my asking). That made my day :-) Thank you!

Cups for coffee and tea at breakfast to dirty to use

Fire alarm went off AROUND 2am, stoped after 2 mins and everybody in the room went back to bed, i went downstairs for a cigarete and was told someone in the bar had set the alarm off, no one came to the room to tell the others, there could have been a fire and no one would have been able to get out. The cups for your breakfast tea / coffee were so disgusting i coul not drink from them

I loved the location! Everything is close, underground stations, places to eat ranging from fast food to restaurants, shops of all kinds also very close. Everything's just practically arms reach away. I also liked the section just outside the room (intended for computers etc.). There I could mingle and meet other people in the hostel.

• 27th Mar 2013
  • Slovenia

I was here on a night layover from Heathrow. The location was perfect for this. I was impressed with the number of electrical outlets and the light on the bed. I was disappointed that the hostel seems like an afterthought to the bar, rather than the bar feeling like a comfortable part of the hostel. I wished I'd paid more attention to reviews stating that there can be no elevator (was on 4th floor) and that lockers are in basement and cost extra. Lucky my bag was checked through. Served purpose

Great place to stay in London! In front of underground station, near mall and all kind of stores and restaurants. It's a nice place, very clean, and the staff was very kind. We enjoy our stay at St. Chistopher's!

• 9th Mar 2013
  • Mexico

The deals at the bar were great. I liked the fresh sheets we got and it was right next to the Hammersmith tube station which was really convenient even though we weren't in central downtown London.

The hostel is really good and very well located. My room was very spaceful, but I don't think the bathrooms were that good (a little tight and too little for the number of people in each floor). The breakfast was really nice. I'd stay there again!

(1989 results)