St Christopher's Hammersmith Reviews

28, Hammersmith Broadway, Hammersmith, London, England

I stay in hostels regularly, but you guys are the best. I had not been to such a place before I came to St Christopher. Keep it cool.

1. Improve direction description 2. Pl. make sure that breakfast is available till the breakfast closing time. I went 15 minutes before closing, and there was almost nothing. 3. Can be cleaner. 4. Please install additional WiFi routers on other floors. Better if Wifi is available in the room. 5. Please provide lockers in the room. Reasonably good facility, you can make it an excellent hostel.

• 19th Apr 2013

The lack of common spaces is the only downside I saw. Otherwise a pretty great hostel.

• 11th Apr 2013

install some hooks in the bathroom

After a 10-day trip to Sri Lanka, my stay in Hammersmith was brief but it was wonderful to only walk across the street from the Tube and be at my hostel. I also had a heavy suitcase and ended up on the 4th floor of the hostel, so an employee helped me get my suitcase all the way upstairs (without my asking). That made my day :-) Thank you!

Cups for coffee and tea at breakfast to dirty to use

Fire alarm went off AROUND 2am, stoped after 2 mins and everybody in the room went back to bed, i went downstairs for a cigarete and was told someone in the bar had set the alarm off, no one came to the room to tell the others, there could have been a fire and no one would have been able to get out. The cups for your breakfast tea / coffee were so disgusting i coul not drink from them

I loved the location! Everything is close, underground stations, places to eat ranging from fast food to restaurants, shops of all kinds also very close. Everything's just practically arms reach away. I also liked the section just outside the room (intended for computers etc.). There I could mingle and meet other people in the hostel.

• 27th Mar 2013
  • Slovenia

I was here on a night layover from Heathrow. The location was perfect for this. I was impressed with the number of electrical outlets and the light on the bed. I was disappointed that the hostel seems like an afterthought to the bar, rather than the bar feeling like a comfortable part of the hostel. I wished I'd paid more attention to reviews stating that there can be no elevator (was on 4th floor) and that lockers are in basement and cost extra. Lucky my bag was checked through. Served purpose

Great place to stay in London! In front of underground station, near mall and all kind of stores and restaurants. It's a nice place, very clean, and the staff was very kind. We enjoy our stay at St. Chistopher's!

• 9th Mar 2013
  • Mexico

The deals at the bar were great. I liked the fresh sheets we got and it was right next to the Hammersmith tube station which was really convenient even though we weren't in central downtown London.

The hostel is really good and very well located. My room was very spaceful, but I don't think the bathrooms were that good (a little tight and too little for the number of people in each floor). The breakfast was really nice. I'd stay there again!

Nice staff and a characteristic hostel. I've been at a 8 room dorm, it was clean and there were enough lockers, just a little small. Location was good, it was a really nice district with little locals and shopping possibililties (primark, river island..) too. Just the way too the real main center took about 20 minutes with tube.

• 3rd Mar 2013

I been staying at the Hammersmith Hostel at least 8 times over a the last year. It is sad to see that every time I get there I can see that the facilities have been deteriorating, bathrooms stalls are broken and sometimes the hot water is not available. Also in December 2012 on Christmas time the WI-FI went down and I could not do important communications, so I end up walking at midnight trying to find a Wi-Fi signal. My last stay from 02/27-03/04 the WI-FI was down again. Bed was not clean.

• 27th Feb 2013
  • Mexico

A very fun and friendly atmosphere, and the staff were very helpful in every aspect !

• 27th Feb 2013

A really good place to stay if you are looking to meet people as they have a bar downstairs where everyone hangs out! The staff are really friendly on my first night here Caitlin and Amy came over and joined everyone together and made us feel very at home. I would definitely recommend this hostel to any young traveller.

Sadly only there for one night before my flight. Attached to a bar with lots of young people so good atmosphere if you want to have a good time. No deposit needed for room key. Free breakfast. Showers ok.

Not good if working/looking for work or appartments or if you want to cook your own meals. Partyhostel where communal room is a pub - no kitchen. NO LOCKER in rooms. They're in Pubs basement next to restrooms - gets messy/sketchy on weekends. Value is average because lockers cost 4GBP/24hrs Excellent Hostel if you're partying/backpacking or doing short citytrip - 25% on food, 2for1 Sol Beer, 2,50 Fosters Pints. Brekkie is very basic - all other food is good/cheap. Friendly/Helpful staff!!!

Without safe box in room. Small living place in room (2x2 beds). - without hook in bathroom. (clothing must be on the ground) +Near is tube (2 min walking) + Special offer for guest (food and drinks)

very happy all round