St Christopher's Hammersmith Reviews

28, Hammersmith Broadway, Hammersmith, London, England

My computer was taken from my room, but that's my fault for not locking it up *VERY loud I would stay again for that reason * great location for using underground

Nothing really bad to say about this place except for the cold showers. There's no real "hang out" area (apart from the bar), but the rooms are large and have chairs and seats so you can hang out there. Staff were very friendly and helpful!

Prefer lockers in rooms. Paid lockers in basement are a long walk from the 4th floor.

The location of the hostel is excellent, you can travel everywhere easily using public transport (there are three tube lines and a bus station just near the hostel). The staff is very nice, but the hostel has very poor facilities. I was in an 8 beds mixed room: four bunks, two chairs and nothing else, i.e. no cupboards, lockers, anything else in the room... However it is cheap, so if you need just a sleeping place and you spend all of your awake time in the city, then I recommend this hostel.

No kitchen which was annoying if you're staying longer than a couple nights but everything else was great.

Still my favourite place to stay in London! I let everyone know - close to all facilities, bar & restaurant onsite; internet cafe, laundromat, trains, buses & shops close by, all ticks in my box!

Very good hostel close to train and bus. reception australien girls Amy and Jezmin helped me alot and were nice all the time, had a good atmosphere in bar also.

• 12th Aug 2013
  • Romania

Wifi only downstairs and only a tiny locker in the rooms. Average but still a decent sleep.

No kitchen! No wifi in rooms

• 30th Jul 2013
  • New Zealand

Just the showers are a little disappointing only being hot and only run for 5 seconds before you push the button...apart from that staff were really friendly, helpful and the pub had a really good vibe

A great, clean and safe area. An easy ride on the tube into the city centre. The only major gripe is the lack of a kitchen and common room. Tough there is the bar downstairs if you are looking for somewhere quiet to go and hang out it doesn't really provide that.

The only thing i would say is having some were u could cook ur own food

• 21st Jul 2013
  • New Zealand

place was very hot and the windows don't open much and they didn't even have any fans. my bed was tucked away in the middle and didn't get much sleep because it was so hot. Only place you got any air was downstairs in the bar. they didn't really even have a lounge area. The bar was pretty much were you went to do any lap top or wifi time.

Bathroom was filthy. Tied for the most uncomfortable bed. Sheets were stained. Only positive is location to Heathrow.

Hi, Thank you for your review. Sorry that you felt the staff were incompetent. Our staff rating is our second highest rating and we strive to provide excellent service every time. Regarding the bathrooms, we have cleaners on site 7 days a week for over 15 hours a day, sorry that you felt they were not clean. Enjoy the rest of your travels

This is my favourite hostel in London. Close to tube stations, laundromat, helpful staff, clean, with bar meals and shops close by.

Great place to stay on a budget, the beds were comfortable. The only problems were that it was really hot in the bigger dorm rooms (this probably wouldn't be a problem most of the time in London), the bathrooms were quite dirty and the wifi didn't work in the rooms, BUT for the price it was amazing. I stayed at a more expensive hostel the last time I was in London and St. Christopher's was much nicer. I really liked how close it was to the underground station, and it was really easy to find.

I loved how the curtains on the beds allowed for more privacy and how clean everything was. I also liked how there were so many showers and they were all so clean. Not to mention Belushi's downstairs is always awesome.

Should include towel.

The hostel was better than I expected! The staff were very helpful and kind, the room (for 18 people) was very clean and organized and also the toilets. The location is very good because you have a underground station just across the street. Lockers for luggage weren't that expensive and very safe. There's a bar downstairs and the people staying in the hostel get 25% discount. Very good, totally recommended!

• 27th Jun 2013

really well organised hostel (which seems to be at christophers in general because I stayed at their hostel 'The Village' also and it was similar), and the Hammersmith one was really nice because even in the biggest dorm each bed had a curtain and light for privacy. Big lockers under the beds and in a good location. Thought it was really good value and good vibe and heaps helpful staff and exactly what I would want in london

(2028 results)