St Christopher's Inn Bath Reviews

9 Green Street, Bath, England

1902 Total Reviews

Shower water was freezing. Breakfast was excellent.

Excellent location and breakfast is included! But there is no kitchen (only a microwave and a kettle) and the beds are rather worn.

The "Chill-Out" room at the very top of the building is not very comfortable, and with no cooking facilities, there is little reason to stick around and talk to other people in the hostel. Also, can anything be done to reduce the echoing in the corridors? Some carpets might help muffle the creaky stairs or the loud parties.

The staff were very helpful and positive, helped with my lost baggage with no complaint. Super location. Overall, great experience.

The staff is nice but the place is quite loud, so maybe not the best for people who enjoy quiet times ? Quite cold too but February is what it is ; also our room wasn't clean yet when we entered (lots of wet paper towels on the floor) but on the three days we spent there I only saw one person cleaning after check-outs and if she has to do everything on her own it's understandable that some things are not perfect. Very good location ! (A kitchen would be great, considering the prices around).

Even if i stayed one night only i've really enjoyed the hostel! Emily at the reception was very nice and welcoming! Definitely going back there if around bath!! Clean hostel and amazing position, in the centre of the city, less than 5 mins walkin from all main attraction!

• 12th Feb 2015

The location is really good. But for me, it is too noisy at night cause the music from the downstairs pub, I tried very hard to fall in sleep. And about the bed, the duvet cover is deep blue and made my friend felt not sure about its clearness. By the way, the staff there are very friendly.

This was my first experience in a hostel, and I was pleasantly surprised. The location was central although on a noisy street. Everything was very clean. There were adequate facilities. In the very top of the hostel was a chill out room with a TV and DVDs to rent. You get 25% off food at the bar. My only complaint is that the radiator didn't seem to work well or at all because it was very cold in my room.

• 1st Feb 2015

The hostel was freezing! The radiator in our room wasn't on the first day

I had an unexpectedly enjoyable time at St Christopher's Inn, it's definitely the place to stay in Bath, all thanks to the lovely Alice for being such a welcoming and sane Earth human morning person :)

• 24th Jan 2015

Everything is ok except the showering water is not warm enough and the bar downstairs really noisy and the room inside is cold.quiet people may consider if they really would like to come here.the other thing is good.

I stayed for two nights with my partner in a private double room ,from the moment we arrived we were greeted with smiles and staff were very helpfull ,St Christopher's inns has a great atmosphere surrounding the whole place ,big thank you to all your staff .♥

• 21st Jan 2015

excellent staff and great location

A fantastic hostel in a gorgeous city. Strong wifi, free brekky, discounts on pub food/drink and really friendly staff. I had an issue with my laptop charger being "borrowed" from my bed and the staff could not have been nicer or more committed to helping me get it back. I've seen missing items in other hostels be completely dismissed, so this was so refreshing. The one downside to St Christophers are the showers. 15 seconds of water and no temperature control so its either freezing or scalding.

Very nice style of room But not very nice bathroom

• 10th Jan 2015

Great stay! Clean, comfortable and quiet. fun bar staff! Perfect location

• 6th Jan 2015

It was exactly what I needed - a clean bed and breakfast! I was in a 12 share and I am not sure whether it was because everyone was tired but people were not very chatty (This shouldn't put you off from staying here! I did meet a few people)

• 5th Jan 2015

How wonderful to read! Indeed, the free breakfast is an amazing start of your day! It consists of toast, cereal, fruit, juice and hot drinks. Glad to hear you met some people during your stay with us, hope you left with wonderful memories! Have a great time in Europe! The Bath Team

Wifi quality was poor, 'water saving' showers & taps were incredibly inefficient and irritating, and hot water was a rarity. Given the price, the fact that towels were not provided was ridiculous.

• 3rd Jan 2015

I don't usually comment on a forum but I was really impressed with St. Christopher's Inn, Bath. The facility was excellent and was attached to a pretty wicked pub. The staff was excellent and the rooms were also good. We stayed in two double rooms and they had a lot of space. The location is right near everything you want to be around that is touristy and close to the bars. I would definitely stay here again. Cheers

Thank you very much for taking the time writing this review! Amazing to hear you had the most fantastic stay with us! We do hope to see you very soon again in one of our many superb locations around Europe! The Bath Team

As hostel located in centre of the town , the members of Staff of the hostel could be more nice , and able to provide a better quality of services. The maintenence of the hostel could be better and the cleaning too. I stayed in YMCA Hostel and the Price, correlated with the quality was very good. Thank. You.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Romania

We apologize to hear that your stay was not up to our usual standard, but we are happy to see you are booked in to stay with us again in a couple of weeks! Hopefully you will find us back to our usual brilliant standard! See you soon! The Bath Team

« first « Prev 1 2 3