St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

Our stay here was great, and would highly recommend this hostel as a great base to explore Amsterdam. The only downside was that they didn't have any facilities to assist the longer journey traveller such as a basic kitchen (microwave) or even easy access to cups so that you could have a glass of water, you had to buy bottles from the bar. But if this was the worst issue, overall it is a great hostel.

Really cozy common areas and bar where everyone hangs out. I was with my brother but if I'd been alone I think it would have been a great place to meet people. The rooms are kind of cramped and not very soundproof, and the bathrooms and showers are separate from the rooms. Cute and friendly atmosphere with typical youth hostel comfort levels.

Good prices in the bar. Could've done with more outlets in the rooms. Also leaflets say pod beds but we were not given these. Otherwise good overall stay.

Averall a good experience. Although there was no wifi in the rooms.. Good breakfast, location. Plus every bed had 2 plugs and a light

This hostel has a really young, vibrant, and cool atmosphere. The floor plan is somewhat confusing in the beginning, but the rooms are labeled. The rooms were clean, but some of the bathrooms were out of order. However, do not plan on getting good sleep here. A pub crawl leaves from here and the people who return from the pub crawl will wake you up. Guaranteed. I would recommend this place to people who plan to go on the pub crawl (15€) or do not care about not getting much sleep.

Cleanliness was overall good, unless you looked above head level in several places. Some real scrubbing needs to occur in the showers, and something needs to be done on the main level where something is leaking through the ceiling in the back corridor. The bar/common room has great vibe and the patrons are fun to spend time with. Liked my 5 bed room with individual beds and not bunks. Good stay for the price.

Quare spot

Nice hostel, we stayed here a couple of years ago, and now again. However, it's all a bit dirtier and worn out now. Hard beds, showers supposedly cleaned less than one hour ago but with plucks of hair. It's not a bad hostel, but for what you pay, it should be definitely better maintained.

Hi! Thank you for your opinion. Its great that you came back to stay with us again! We are sorry you felt unhappy about the cleanness this time. We look forward to welcoming you again and show you all improvements we made! Safe travels!

Good hostel, great staff! Loved the town, it's just lovely. Good atmosphere and breakfast! Internet a bit weak, only in reception area. I'd go back!

Location was good, about 15 minutes walk from the centre, the hostel has a nice bar/pub with a good choice of drinks. The facilities were ok - although the private room itself was large, the bathroom was the prefabricated type, all plasticky and small and looks like an airplane toilet. The shower was tight, the curtain was dirty and useless and the water would not go down the drain fast enough, flooding the rest of the bathroom. Not a biggie but for a private room, it could have been better.

Hi there! Good to hear you had a good time at our pub! Absolutely that is true our private rooms are really spacious. Sorry to hear the bathroom didn't meet with your expectations. About the drain, next time just come to the reception, please! We will find somebody to take care about it asap. Thank you for your staying and see you next time!

Well located, clean and with nice staff. The dorm with pod beds was really good and to have a locker down the bed to put the valuables or even the suitcase was great. It'd be great to have a guest kitchen, I guess there's no space, instead of only a microwave, and a common rom not just the bar were other people go to have a drink. Wifi should reach the rooms, not only the bar. But it's a good hostel, with an average breakfast and I'd stay there again because it worths the money you pay to stay.

Disappointing stay after the high quality experienced at the St Christopher's Inn Paris Canal. Paid for a premium room, got no curtain. Felt awkward asking the staff questions, like it was always a huge inconvenience to them. It is also a long way from the centre and train station compared to other hostels. Will choose somewhere else to stay next time am in Bruges.

Hi! Thank you for your comment! A hostel is only 25 minutes a short walk through beautiful Bruges or easy 2 euro 10 minutes bus journey. Also, you can find a map and all information about that on our website before you come or just send us an email with your questions. We are here to help you! :) Take care and we hope you will back to Bruges in future!

I stayed in the 12 bed "pod" dorm. My dorm was actually in a separate building adjacent to the hostel lobby. Bathroom was clean and had plenty of hot water. Having outlets in my bed was convenient (although my friend couldn't use hers because it was too loose). Only gripe is that we couldn't drink beers in the lobby that we'd purchased elsewhere. Also, the lockers were actually cages under the bed.

The hostel was nice and relaxed. Beds and rooms were clean and reasonably comfortable. Hostel was quiet too which is nice.

Cool hostel. Nice and helpful staff. Cool part of the city. Stay here.

There was luggage and clothing in our room when we arrived, staff was nice, checked it out and wasn't sure what to do so it was left there. we left our luggage in the room and went to explore the city. when we came back our door was wide open and the other persons luggage was gone. Nothing was stolen so that was a good thing. toilet was disgusting, dirty, unclean...did not use showers. our room was above the bar, so extremely loud till at least 3am

• 21st Jun 2014

Hi! We care a lot about hostel safety. Sorry for inconvieniance with suit bags at your place. We offer secure luggage room to store your bags after check out but sometimes people forget to take it. We offer free ear plugs for everybody as well if its too noisy for you. Just ask! :) Btw. we hope you had a great staying in Bruges! Safe travels!

Wifi in the rooms would have been really great, otherwise this place was really chill!

Really nice hostel. I had the pod beds which were super nice. Only downside to the cool beds was that my adapter (US) didn't fit. I know this was a problem with one other person too. The bar is nice. Location is really good, although you have to walk a bit from the train station. The common area is the best feature in my opinion. It's really easy to meet people as long as you get off your phone.

• 20th Jun 2014

I had a great time there! Bar was nice, staff was nice, atmosphere was really great. Breakfast was good. Only thing that I have something negative to say is about cleanliness (toilets and showers).

Staying in the apartment was awesome! Enjoyed having a kitchen and a living area.

• 20th Jun 2014