St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

The staff as very friendly and sociable. The hostel even hosted a beer tasting pub crawl which helped in making friends and getting o know the city. Hostel itself was not a pleasant stay. While this place was clean everything was old with chipped paint, rusted metal, and water stains. The entire building lingered with a faint but fouls stench of a public toilet.

The hostel is pretty good. Good staff, clean, nice atmosphere. I would only point out the lack of Wi Fi in the rooms as a lowlight, but you can use it at the bar and reception, so no big deal.

Can't recommend this place enough. The staff are infinitely helpful and friendly. It's got the best atmosphere for travelling and it's cheap for what it is. Like any hostel it's rough around the edges. But your not staying in a hotel after all. It's comfortable and relaxing to chill out in the day. And it's not far at all from the bars in Bruges at night. 5-10 mins walk max. If you're like me, travelling solo and reading reviews for the best hostel. Book this place. It's made my time in Belgium!

• 26th Jun 2015

Big hostel with many buildings. I was in a superior 10 and really appreciated the privacy curtain and the personal outlets and light. Would be better if rooms had wifi. Breakfast is basic toast and cereal. They need to update directions on the bus about which stop to get off at. Asking shouldn't be the only direction. Hostel is walkable to most major attractions.

15 min walk from the city center, the bar was always popping. The rooms were nice and the atmosphere was cool. The pod beds with curtains added a level of privacy and relaxation that was awesome to have and I really enjoyed that. I really liked this hostel and would definitely stay here again. I highly recommend it. I wish every hostel were like a St. Christopher's.

No wifi in bedroom,no power supply from power point on my second night of stay

Upon arrival, the only toilet I could find was broken and the lights in the bathroom weren't fully working. Furthermore, during my stay here, someone went into my room and stole my backpack which had many valuables in it and the staff were not very helpful.

Great atmosphere and beautiful setting. Within comfortable walking distances from a laundromat, a supermarket and many cafes and bars. Lockers were big enough to hold large backpacks and suitcases. Many spacious showers. Enjoyed the included breakfast every morning. Prices for drinks at the bar were very reasonable. Small annoyances were bad lighting at one of the beds as well as a faulty locker in our room.

Really nice location in a beautiful town. Make sure you book a superior room with pods. Something was seriously up with the sewers and the staircase in the second building absolutely stunk!!! Only wifi is in reception area. Was a cheap hostel for this end of Europe.

The lounge area was really cool, they offered a beer tasting and had food in the reception area. The beds were comfy and offered privacy with a curtain. The bathrooms were not the cleanest, but the shower was nice. The location was good, in a small city everything was walkable.

Great place to meet people. Staff is friendly and really helpful. The walking tour is fun. Unfortunately the pub crawl is only from Monday to Thursday so I missed that.

No wifi in the rooms, staff didn't know how I could get a bus/taxi, bar is fine but doesn't have many comfortable places and isn't one of the best for meeting people, and the hostel is located outside of the center. One of the only options in Bruges but really needs to improve to be worth the money.

There's no kitchen in hostel, but you can ask stuff for hot water and to microvave some food. Free breakfast and taproom downstairs can partly reward every drawbags ;)

Good pub runs every night, good social atmosphere, bike rental on site. Free breakfast (toast and egg!) and courteous guests. Great location and friendly staff, Would stay again.

• 17th Jun 2015

Hi, Thanks for your feedback, we´re glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you visit us again in the future. - The Bauhaus

No wifi in rooms, there weren't enough bathrooms and they're not very clean, my room had no lockers that worked properly. Wouldn't recommend this place.

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are currently arranging the installation of brand new lockers and will take your comments into consideration when reviewing our cleaning practices. Thank you. - The Bauhaus

Great place. Very friendly people. Very easy to meet new people at the hostel bar.

Hi, Good to know that you enjoyed your stay and met some new people in the bar. Come back and visit us again soon! - The Bauhaus

Had a good stay good atmosphere lockable storage is available biker friendly has cycle/motorcycle parking just outside dont get the massive head on the 🍺 but just a local thing i reckon

• 16th Jun 2015

Hi, Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of the close motorcycle parking. The large beer head is indeed a local thing, so you can rest assured you got your Belgian beer served Belgian style ;)

Great staff

• 15th Jun 2015

Great atmosphere and staff

Thanks for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you can visit us again in the future! - The Bauhaus

Hostel bar is great, good vibe and really gets going at night! We stayed in a dorm in the separate building which was clean, however the stairway leading up to our room stunk. Not sure what the smell was, but smelt like a stinky bathroom. Showers were fantastic! I love having space to actually put my shampoo etc and clothes and these showers had a shelf in the shower, and just outside it, plus hooks - so good. Loved having boiled eggs at breakfast too! Would definitely recommend this hostel:)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7