St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

ThE 2 things I liked most about it were the staff and the atmosphere. Very chill, and everyone was very nice. One of my favorite experiences.

• 21st Feb 2015

Showers and rooms clean. Nothing fancy but good value for the money. Curtains on the bunk beds in the dorm room and outlets for each bed. Very comfortable and cool atmosphere in the lounge and bar areas.

We booked an apartment with shared bathroom/kitchen. We thought it was very well set up and clean (lounge room, kitchen, bathroom). But the kitchen light was broken, so we always cooked and ate in the dark and the toilet, which was next to our bedroom, always got stuck on flushing. But in general it was really good. Wifi doesn't reach private rooms - not sure about dorms.

Staff amable, lockers en mal estado, pocas luces en la habitacion (solo una grande) por lo que a las 3am es molesto cuando la prenden. Limpieza regular

It would be a good idea to let guests staying above the club on club nights know it will be noisy and that there will be club-goers to navigate to get to their rooms.

Good bar and hostel in Bruge! People from different nationalities meet there and have lots of fun. We met pub quiz that night, and it was a tough and knowledgeable one. Pretty like the hostel.

We rented a double bed room and we had a very nice apartment with kitchen and living room shared between 3 rooms. Everything was great, but we didn't have WIFI in the room.

Nice simple place with excellent pub downstairs. Shared showers and toilets only in corridors, but they work just fine. Only via stairs access to rooms, so you need to be able to walk. No free Wi-Fi on all rooms, but hey one in pub is perfect.

Loved this hostel! One of the few hostels I've stayed in where their "bar" was an actual bar with a ton of drink choices and they nice hangout area lounge area. Breakfast had a larger variety than most. The walk to city center was only about 10 min or so. Highly recommend! Also do the free walking tour!

• 31st Jan 2015

I enjoyed my time at St. Christopher. The location was great and so where the staff. It was a nice little hostel with a fair price. I felt safe and just secure. Great place to stay at, I recommend it to everyone. The only thing I did not like was not having wifi in the rooms, but it encouraged me to go downstairs and talk to people too. So, I made the most of it.

Good hostel, a little out of the way but Bruges is so tiny that it's really a non-issue. The bar/lobby/lounge is the only area that has wifi, but it's nice and cozy and a good place to hang out. The rooms are a little bare-bones, but the bunks have curtains and lamps, which is nice - though the plugs are loose, over your head, and with no shelves beneath. Also, the floor I stayed on smelled like an outhouse in the stairwell and some parts of the hallways, but they've probably fixed that.

decent value for your money, i liked the bed pods. bathrooms and showers were pretty good as well, plenty of stalls for everyone. they had roll out cages for you toock your stuff in but my lock didnt fit. staff was pretty helpful although i saw people waiting at the desk a few times. hard to have a bad location in brugge but as far as walking goes, its pretty far away from the train station.

PROS: Good value for money. Not too far away from the city center. Good breakfast. Neat beds. CONS: No wifi in the rooms. Wifi range is only available in the lobby area, but its a very cosy place to hang out.

FAN-TAS-TIC!!! Very warm and welcoming atmosphere, as well as very chill and relaxed. 10 out of 10!!

Nice and quiet place, not the cheapest but kind of worth it. And in the breakfast they have nutela :D ! Close to the centre, also really clean and tidy.

Fun hostel. I was staying in the second building (next door to the bar). There was a damp smell to the building but I guess that's to be expected in a place like Bruges when it's been raining non-stop. The privacy curtains and power points for each bed were good. Breakfast was decent, as were the pizzas for sale in the bar. The best part for me was the staff- Piotr sat with me and made a list of the best places to try Belgian beer, and all bar/reception staff were super friendly and helpful.

Hostel was clean and in a convenient location. Great "classic hostel" breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. Lockers in the room didn't lock. Other than that security issue, very enjoyable stay at this hostel.

Decent hostel for the price. Bathrooms were clean. Privacy curtains on beds which was wonderful and blocked out light. The location was a small walk to the main area/shopping. Overall good experience.

The only problem we had was about cleanliness. The hostel at all was very clean, but our bedroom had a very bad smell (I don't know, maybe mold or something like that). Othewise, the rest of the things we enjoyed a lot, a very good place to stay!

Wifi isn't available in your room which makes the area downstairs less social. Breakfast was poor but room was very clean and comfortable. Great location and generally a good hostel (minus the noise)

Hi! Usually we are very, very social hostel. I believe it was accidental day and not too many people in the hostel. You should come here in summer! :) Take it as an invitation! For breakfast we serve a few types of jam, pate, cheese, sweet rolls, two types of cornflakes, coffee and tea. Petty to hear it wasn't good enough for you :( thank you for your stay and opinion! Safe travels!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7