St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

Fine hostel, location is ok

I've stayed at many St Christopher's & this one just doesn't live up to expectations. You cannot order food (only pizza) but they also have no kitchen for guests so eating out is your ONLY option. Basic rooms which is fine however the prices are way too high for what you get. There are not enough showers and toilets to cater for the amount of people staying there.. No wifi in the rooms and some of the staff were not very friendly nor helpful. Not what I would expect from St Christopher's!!

The music of the bar was too loud and didn't stop until 2am. Our room was just above it, and couldn't sleep until that time. They should report on the website about this. Besides this, people were very friendly and the mood was nice.

We stayed in a private twin with ensuite for 4 nights. It was on the 3rd floor in the white building next door. The room was okay, the beds were average. Pillows were flat and had been well used. The room also had a terrible smell to it. Even if we left windows open all day and night it still smelt bad. Spoke to staff about it, and all they could offer was a twin private room with shared bathroom. We stayed in our room. Wifi only in bar/common area. Good vibe in bar and good place to meet peeps!

• 9th Sep 2014

Wasn't the best place I've ever stayed at, the reception and bar area is nice but the room I was put in wasn't that nice! One power outlet in the whole room!

Resepion staff 👎

Good hostel though a good 15 minute walk from the historic town center. Clean, great breakfast and happy hours. Very helpful staff.

This was a really cool hostel to stay at. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to the city center, which was the only down side for me, besides not having ensuite bathrooms. The lockers in the room worked for my friend, but my backpack was too big so I couldn't use them. The bathrooms in the hallway are small, so I'm glad I didn't shower the one night I was there. The breakfast was small and average, and the wifi only works in the lobby/bar area. We had a great experience here though!

• 6th Sep 2014

I've stayed in plenty of hostel and this has been the worst. Only 1 power point for a people. We checked in and the room hadn't even been made up it was a mess and had to wait 2hours till it was done. Holes all in the wall. The shower are always dirty and is not very private. Would not recommend staying here.

The hostel beat all of our expectations. The rooms were very clean and the lockers next to each bed kept all of our stuff safe. Great atmosphere and location. Would definitely stay there again.

• 5th Sep 2014

Most things were good for the value as in all st christophers, but as most hostels from this chain they lack friendliness in their staff (at least one person who wont be nice or helpful), bad sewage smells from bathrooms, no internet in rooms (only at the bar area). I was in Bauhaus 6 years ago and you can tell the difference now that it has become st christophers, no free beer samples this time for example. Overall good experience but could be better if its one of "Europe's famous hostels"...

Friendly and helpful staff, excellent location, clean and comfortable twin room. Everything you could want from a hostel.

• 4th Sep 2014

I want to thanks all people in Bauhaus Hostel...I hope to meet again!

• 3rd Sep 2014

Enjoyed my two night stay here.Beds were comfy enough,small sink in each room/part of my 12-bed dorm.Small lockers to keep your valuables but not your whole bag.Common area had a nice vibe and a good place to meet people. Only negative was the communal bathrooms (in the rooms above the bar area/entrance) were very much in need of a small amount of maintenance.Just small things like only one of the two lights above the mirrors worked,two of the showers were out of order and one without hooks.

ive been twice now,ive loved evey minite there except some guests get very loud when theve had a drink which I don't mind but at 2 am it can b a bit irritating especily when traveling next day,mind that might b down 2 my age haha grumpy old man,i will b back,

• 3rd Sep 2014

Nice clean place, full of young people. The atmosphere is fantastic there. Pity that we havent got time to really enjoy this stay. Thanks

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Poland

The room and sheets were musty smelling, and there were too many showers and toilets. The toilet rooms were also tiny! And there wasn't a sink in there, you gad to go back into your door room. Not very hygienic. Otherwise great place, I enjoyed my time.

Nice atmosphere, good breakfast included, 10 minute walking from the center, great staff. They offer a walking tour for free (you leave the tip you want) with Matt, great guy! I really enjoyed it. And at night he showed us some cool bars. It's dammage lockers in the rooms didn't work, and for the others you had to pay. No wi fi in the rooms. Apart from that, great hostel!

A nice spot to stay in Bruges. The rooms were and showers were clean. It is easy to meet people in the common areas. The kitchen is mostly a microwave and refrigerator so do not plan on cooking much. I would stay again.

Pretty sure there was a leek above my bed. Faulty key cards/locks

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7