St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

The Hostel had a friendly environment. Having a bar in the Hostel is a nice touch because it allows you to relax in the lounge after a long day. However, the loud music from the bar overflowed into the lounge area making it a little distracting for people trying to do other things. This wasn't too much of a problem though, just slightly annoying. The location is a little out there, but as Brugge isn't that big, it's not much of an inconvenience. The rooms were clean and enjoyed my stay

Thanks for your feedback, good to hear that you enjoyed the Bauhaus atmosphere and we appreciate your thoughts on the music volume in the common area. Hope to see you again, regards.

This is my second time staying at Bauhaus the first in a dorm then this time I stayed in the apartment. It was very clean and I was impressed by how spacious the kitchen/ dining area was. We weren't planning on cooking but the kettle came in handy for drinks. My only complaint is that the plumbing in the bathroom wasn't great, leaky tap and one of the sinks was blocked. But aside from that great value for money and enjoyed my second stay. Great location too only a short stroll into centre.

• 28th Feb 2015

Thanks for your review, it's great to read that you came back to us for a second visit and checked out our apartment rooms, our maintenance team have worked on the plumbing issue you encountered :) Hope to see you again, regards.

We had a great time, it really is a great hostel. The bar is great, staff are amazing, and lots of locals come in too. Only bad thing I can say is there is a smell of sewage in one of the buildings, but this seems to be a common thing around the city... Medieval plumbing maybe.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

First of all: paid luggage room. Second: the freezing water at the shower. It was said to "keep calm" and wait for the hot water or else I could let the reception know, but how if the reception is downstair among a bar? I made my way to another shower room with the towel around my body. Worst hostel ever.

Thank you for your opinion, we must state that our luggage room is free for all guests with the option of secure pay lockers. We're sorry that you did not enjoy your time with us and had trouble with the hot water, while our facilities are checked daily we do encourage feedback to the reception team so we can immediately resolve any issues, regards.

We had a great stay overall! The pod beds are comfy :) Great atmosphere! But the breakfast was a bit poor in choices and bikes were not available on the day we visited...

A 1km walk from Grote Markt, everything else was superb. The curtains at the dorm beds are sooo clever. And the free breakfast is awesome!

Thanks for your feedback, it's great to read that you enjoyed our pod dorms! Hope to see you next time, regards.

ThE 2 things I liked most about it were the staff and the atmosphere. Very chill, and everyone was very nice. One of my favorite experiences.

• 21st Feb 2015

Thank you for your comments, we love to see this and really look forward to seeing you again :) regards.

Showers and rooms clean. Nothing fancy but good value for the money. Curtains on the bunk beds in the dorm room and outlets for each bed. Very comfortable and cool atmosphere in the lounge and bar areas.

Thanks for your feedback, we loved reading that you enjoyed experience in our pod dorms and of course the Bauhaus atmosphere, see you next time, regards.

We booked an apartment with shared bathroom/kitchen. We thought it was very well set up and clean (lounge room, kitchen, bathroom). But the kitchen light was broken, so we always cooked and ate in the dark and the toilet, which was next to our bedroom, always got stuck on flushing. But in general it was really good. Wifi doesn't reach private rooms - not sure about dorms.

Thanks for your feedback, it's great to read that you enjoyed your time with us :) We're sorry about the light that you mention, our maintenance team is working hard throughout the hostel to resolve such issues. Look forward to seeing you again, regards.

The bathrooms and showers were not great, but as soon as I left a feedback, the hostel contacted me and told me they're addressing the issue. If they really do, there's nothing else to improve upon except for the final and major drawback: no wifi at all in the rooms. Breakfast and the staff were amazing though.

Thanks for your opinions, we're constantly looking to improve many of the offerings here at the Bauhaus and look forward to extending WiFi connectivity in the near future. Hope to see you next time, regards.

Staff amable, lockers en mal estado, pocas luces en la habitacion (solo una grande) por lo que a las 3am es molesto cuando la prenden. Limpieza regular

It would be a good idea to let guests staying above the club on club nights know it will be noisy and that there will be club-goers to navigate to get to their rooms.

Thanks for your feedback, we're sorry that on this occasion you were not informed of the club event taking place, we appreciate your comments. Look forward to seeing you again, regards.

Good bar and hostel in Bruge! People from different nationalities meet there and have lots of fun. We met pub quiz that night, and it was a tough and knowledgeable one. Pretty like the hostel.

Thanks for your feedback, great to see you enjoyed our quiz! We hope you come back and test your knowledge with us again one day :) regards.

We rented a double bed room and we had a very nice apartment with kitchen and living room shared between 3 rooms. Everything was great, but we didn't have WIFI in the room.

Thanks for your feedback, really good to see you enjoyed the apartment room :) WiFi currently serves the bar and common area though we aim to improve connectivity in the near future, hope to see you again, regards.

Nice simple place with excellent pub downstairs. Shared showers and toilets only in corridors, but they work just fine. Only via stairs access to rooms, so you need to be able to walk. No free Wi-Fi on all rooms, but hey one in pub is perfect.

Thanks for your review, it's great to see you enjoyed out bar :) WiFi currently serves the common area and bar though we aim to improve connectivity in the near future. Hope to see you next time, regards.

Loved this hostel! One of the few hostels I've stayed in where their "bar" was an actual bar with a ton of drink choices and they nice hangout area lounge area. Breakfast had a larger variety than most. The walk to city center was only about 10 min or so. Highly recommend! Also do the free walking tour!

• 31st Jan 2015

Thanks you for your words, it's great to read that you enjoyed all we have to offer here at the Bauhaus and made the most of your time with us :) Hope to see you again, regards.

I enjoyed my time at St. Christopher. The location was great and so where the staff. It was a nice little hostel with a fair price. I felt safe and just secure. Great place to stay at, I recommend it to everyone. The only thing I did not like was not having wifi in the rooms, but it encouraged me to go downstairs and talk to people too. So, I made the most of it.

Thanks for your comments :) We love seeing that you'd recommend us! See you next time, regards.

Good hostel, a little out of the way but Bruges is so tiny that it's really a non-issue. The bar/lobby/lounge is the only area that has wifi, but it's nice and cozy and a good place to hang out. The rooms are a little bare-bones, but the bunks have curtains and lamps, which is nice - though the plugs are loose, over your head, and with no shelves beneath. Also, the floor I stayed on smelled like an outhouse in the stairwell and some parts of the hallways, but they've probably fixed that.

decent value for your money, i liked the bed pods. bathrooms and showers were pretty good as well, plenty of stalls for everyone. they had roll out cages for you toock your stuff in but my lock didnt fit. staff was pretty helpful although i saw people waiting at the desk a few times. hard to have a bad location in brugge but as far as walking goes, its pretty far away from the train station.

Thanks for your review, it makes us happy reading that you enjoyed our pod dorms and that the team helped you out! TIP just take bus #6 or #16 directly to the station ;) for only €2. See you next time, regards.

PROS: Good value for money. Not too far away from the city center. Good breakfast. Neat beds. CONS: No wifi in the rooms. Wifi range is only available in the lobby area, but its a very cosy place to hang out.

Thanks for your opinions, we hope to extend WiFi coverage in the near future :) See you next time, regards.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7