St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

On the beds is very difficult to find the numbers.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Czech Republic

I slept in the 12 bed room. They split it up into 3 seperate rooms though so it felt like a four bed room. The hostel is very clean and adorable. The only problem was that the common room was also a bar, so you didn't really have a place to go relax and they don't have a kitchen. But there is a grocery store 3 minute walk down the road which is very convenient.

It is nice to be able to book a St. Christopher's knowing that they pretty much look alike in different countries, you know what to expect and they don't disappoint. The staff was the best part, they were super helpful and had answers to every question. A little far from the train station, in case you have a big suitcase like I did. Brugge is not that big but the hostel is exactly on the other side of the city. The rest was perfect!

The hostel is in a really good position in the town, in approachable distance to the very touristy city centre. It was immaculate and the room we had (a private double) was very large and pretty and with nice views. The rest of the appartment was also very clean and confortable. Everyone was friendly, in general terms we have no complaints at all.

Was dificult to dip sleep in the room with 10 beds, people arrive during the night and the bed can be noisy. The bathroom was very clean and the breakfast was really good for the price. I spend one satuday night only.

Excellent hostel, good share room and amazing breakfast.

Old hostel, but a great value for the money. Very basic but great deals in the bar and the staff was willing to share great local spots to see. Rooms were very quiet and while the showers were small, they we're clean enough. It was very open during the day, but the room doors had locks onThem so it was safe enough. Laundry facility two buildings down. I'd stay again!

We had a great stay in a private twin room. Clean room, with nice little details like a kettle and tea/coffee. Wifi didn't reach the room - was available in the common area but wasn't always usable. Staff were friendly

The common area/bar is really cool, and breakfast is great!! We had a double room which had a window facing a different hostel's bathroom, so that was awkward. The cleaning staff also sat in the hall outside our room once for a few hours which was also awkward. All in all I would go back!

Very old house, which I found interesting. But I'm pretty sure some people might get bothered about that. The location was not the best, as well, but it was fine.

We had a double bed room and was beautiful. Pretty view over the rooftops. Comfy amd nice. No complaints.

Great hostel! The staff is very helpful; especially Will, who is always there for you. The hostel has a bar, so it is very easy to socialize; at the same time you can had a bit more privacy than in other hostels. Definitely a good value for money

Fine hostel, location is ok

Thanks for you respond! We are in the heart of Bruges, close to the canal, restaurants and supermarket. We are happy you noticed that. See you next time!

I've stayed at many St Christopher's & this one just doesn't live up to expectations. You cannot order food (only pizza) but they also have no kitchen for guests so eating out is your ONLY option. Basic rooms which is fine however the prices are way too high for what you get. There are not enough showers and toilets to cater for the amount of people staying there.. No wifi in the rooms and some of the staff were not very friendly nor helpful. Not what I would expect from St Christopher's!!

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear we didn't fallow your expectations. Just to explain - we have minimum 4 showers on each floor. It had to be very busy day. Sorry that made your staying not that nice as you expected. Btw I hope you will come to Bruges one more time and you will try our hostel again! Safe travels!

The music of the bar was too loud and didn't stop until 2am. Our room was just above it, and couldn't sleep until that time. They should report on the website about this. Besides this, people were very friendly and the mood was nice.

Hi! We are very glad you had a good time at the Bauhaus despite the noise. Next time just come downstairs and ask our staff for free earplugs or if its not enough ask them to put down the music. We are always open for any requests! Thank you for your staying and see you again!

No complaints here. Everything down to the free breakfast and cheap ass pizza deals were great!

Room door didn't close properly. No real common area and the wifi was not the best. Bit far out but a simple walk to get to the main part of town

We stayed in a private twin with ensuite for 4 nights. It was on the 3rd floor in the white building next door. The room was okay, the beds were average. Pillows were flat and had been well used. The room also had a terrible smell to it. Even if we left windows open all day and night it still smelt bad. Spoke to staff about it, and all they could offer was a twin private room with shared bathroom. We stayed in our room. Wifi only in bar/common area. Good vibe in bar and good place to meet peeps!

Hi! It is nice to read that you came downstairs to ask our staff for help. That is always the best move. By the way, sorry we couldn't do anything more for you but during the summer time we are almost everyday fully booked. Still nice you found yourself at the bar :) Happy travels and see you in future!

Wasn't the best place I've ever stayed at, the reception and bar area is nice but the room I was put in wasn't that nice! One power outlet in the whole room!

Hi! I'm sorry to hear you've been not satisfied by your room but that's great you felt good vibs at our bar. We offer as well pod dorms! Each bed there has its own plug, light and curtain for more privacy. Depends of standard what you chose. If you will visit our hostel again just let us know about your expectations and we will figure all out for you :) Take care!

This hostel provided the most fun of anywhere I travelled throughout my Europe Trip. Matt (from Sheffield - unsure of his last name) was so knowledgable and fun, being sure to keep everyone included while showing us the sights and traditions of Bruges. The atmosphere was very warm and inviting, and I found St. Christophers was nothing but a good time. I highly recommend - and do the Beer tasting / Pub crawl with Matt & Lex!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7