St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

Dirty bed, wake up with itchy red rashes across my body... A lot of unknown bugs in the room. Eg: mosquito and etc... No wifi in room... No kitchen... Internet at common area is slow... Not recommended...

Very fun, good breakfast and good location. awesome free walking tour!

Booked because I saw the pics if the curtained bunks, what a great solution to the lights on/lights off hostel conundrum!Disappointed this was not a feature in my dorm. My 8-bed dorm was not as nice as those featured in pics and as mentioned in another comment, room smelled like mould and wet towel. Rickety bunk beds shake every time you turn in your sleep, waking the other bunk and vis versa. Nonetheless, great bar and atmosphere to meet people and good location

Hi, thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed not to be in one of our Pod dorms. If there are alternative room types available we are always happy to offer guests their preferred type even if it differs from their original reservation. It´s great that you enjoyed the bar and atmosphere and we hope you visit again. - The Bauhaus

We had a great time at this hostel - the bar and reception area was really nice to hang out in and have some drinks. It's about a 10-15 minute walk down the road to the centre which was fine and a pretty walk. The staff were really helpful recommending places for us to go out and they helped us book a taxi to the station when we left really early in the morning. Would definitely stay here again!

• 18th Jul 2015

Stayed in double private w/ shared bathroom. Hall and room smelled a bit musky but I think that comes with the age of a lot of buildings. Otherwise room was as expected with good staff. No WiFi in rooms but available in the bar and lobby which is similar to a lot of hostels. No check in until 3 pm, but they had lockers available for rent only in another building two doors down, which made it more secure but they don't let you just leave it in the locked building if you're trying to save bucks.

Hi, thank you for your feedback. Customer service is very important to us, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our electronic lockers are definitely more secure, which is why we encourage guests to use them. We hope you are able to come and visit us again! - The Bauhaus

It was a really good hostel, i had a great time staying there. I appreciated that the bar down stairs was a bit more chilled out than some other hostel bars so it was place for a beer and chat.

Very and social place, nice and clean, breakfast which is nice. No kitchen and WiFi in the rooms is almost nonexistent

It was a great stay, we were there for one night and everything was great. The only bad thing was the shower, which could've been better, it was a small room with no ventilation. Apart from that, highly recommendable!

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Spain

no curtains, only real complaint

Overall I had a fantastic time at St Christopher's Inn. As a solo traveller I had no trouble meeting new people- the atmosphere was fantastic in the bar every night! Customer service was good, place was clean and secure. Despite negative reviews about it being a far walk from the city centre, I thought the location was great. The walk was beautiful to the centre and there was plenty to see! Would definitely recommend this to friends!

Hi, thanks for the great review, we hope you come and stay again in the future with any friends that haven't seen Bruges! - The Bauhaus

It's a nice hostel even if you book their biggest dorm it's ok, each bed has power points and a curtain (which is awesome) you're not far from town which is also good and the fee tour is a nice thing

I stayed in the 10 bed mixed dorm and a friend of mine stayed in a private double room. I would have rather stayed in the private room, because I just felt slightly uncomfortable and the private room was so nice, it would have been worth the extra money. This was a great place though, great atmosphere and clean.

• 12th Jul 2015

St Christophers is located just outside of the centre, about a 10 minute walk which is fine once you've had a couple of Belgian beers! Everyone was so friendly, I didn't sit next to someone without having a chat. It's definitely good if you are looking to be sociable. The staff were friendly and helpful, one have us directions to some fantastic little bars. Would definitely recommend.

• 11th Jul 2015

Not the cleanest and bathrooms and showers were not great. Fantastic atmosphere loved the bar and all the activities that set off from the hostel (free walking tours, pub crawl). Location is great just a short walk to be in the main square. Thoroughly enjoyed our trip would definitely return. Very safe and secure lockers in rooms and safes available.

It was disappointing that there are no kitchen facilities available on this hostel.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

The overall vibe of the hostel was really boring everyone just sat on their phones quietly. The only available food at the bar is reheated frozen pizzas. The staff were extremely unhelpful when asked where to go out after being told the pub crawl that is advertised at reception is just not on (saturday night).

Hi, thank you for leaving feedback about your stay. The atmosphere of the hostel communal area can vary greatly with the type of guests who happen to be around. We apologise if the staff were unable to provide sufficient information about the Bruges nightlife. We have now created an information pack for new staff that are less knowledgeable about the local bars so they are better equipped to answer those questions. - The Bauhaus

Not as good as the other St Christopher's hostels. It smelled like bathroom and the wifi only worked in the front of the hostel. It was an okay room though, clean beds and facilites! Wished there was a kitchen or some sort of refrigerator. It was close to town though, maybe 10 mins walk.

Hi, thank you for your review. We are currently assessing the possibility of a guest kitchen, though at this time we offer the possibility of storing refrigerated goods by leaving them with the receptionist. We hope you are able to visit us in the again! - The Bauhaus

This place is fantastic. WiFi could be better, and access to a kitchen.

Damp in the room, made my throat/mouth hurt for a few days afterwards. Apart from that, all good

Hi, thank you for your comments. We have now fixed the slight damp issue with your room. We hope you stay with us next time you visit bruges! - The Bauhaus

All in all a good hostel. I stayed in a pod bed and they were fantastic. It felt like having my own room. The room had large windows and heaps of natural light. A little far from the market square, about a 10 min walk. Breakfast was average. Bread, cereal, juice, hard boiled eggs. No wifi in rooms, a bit annoying and then in the communal area where it worked, it cut out every now and then. Not a big deal though. Everything was really clean except for the floors. I would stay there again.

Hi, thank you for your review. It's great that you enjoyed the pod beds. We are also expanding our breakfast to include fresh fruit. We hope you are able to visit us again! - The Bauhaus

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7