St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

Very helpful staff, quite good location although a 15 min bus ride from the station. Great bar and atmosphere, loved the pub quiz. Staff always helpful. Very relaxed environment, easy to meet new people. Loved the beds having 2 plugs, a light and a curtain. Bathrooms good. Fridge available to use if you ask the staff but a kitchen area would be good

Super awesome hostel with a great atmosphere. A little bit out of the city which sucks because it's about a 15 minute walk to get anywhere worth seeing but the walking tour and beer tasting events are great. Breakfast was minimal but beds were comfortable and quiet.

The staff as very friendly and sociable. The hostel even hosted a beer tasting pub crawl which helped in making friends and getting o know the city. Hostel itself was not a pleasant stay. While this place was clean everything was old with chipped paint, rusted metal, and water stains. The entire building lingered with a faint but fouls stench of a public toilet.

Good hostel, no laundry or kitchen though, which sucks when your travelling through Europe. Staff could be quite blunt/rude at times. Despite this, the hostel has a great energy and can be quite fun. Warning, it's a party hostel so people will come home at 3am and make noise. Grab some free ear plugs at reception and you'll sleep like a baby!

The hostel is pretty good. Good staff, clean, nice atmosphere. I would only point out the lack of Wi Fi in the rooms as a lowlight, but you can use it at the bar and reception, so no big deal.

I highly recommend this hostel! Incredibly nice and helpful staff, great atmosphere to meet people, the rooms were clean and beds had curtains for extra privacy. Good time!

• 26th Jun 2015

It was our first time staying in a hostel and we all felt we had a great time and got more than we had hoped for what we payed. The bathrooms and showers were perfect, and the staff was great. We had rented four bikes and after one of them breaking down a bit, we were happy to get a refund on the bike (and a round of beers) but the bike actually wasn't rideable until we used a belt and some hair ties to keep it together long enough to get back to the hostel so I hope the bike#12 or #13 was fixed

Can't recommend this place enough. The staff are infinitely helpful and friendly. It's got the best atmosphere for travelling and it's cheap for what it is. Like any hostel it's rough around the edges. But your not staying in a hotel after all. It's comfortable and relaxing to chill out in the day. And it's not far at all from the bars in Bruges at night. 5-10 mins walk max. If you're like me, travelling solo and reading reviews for the best hostel. Book this place. It's made my time in Belgium!

• 26th Jun 2015

Big hostel with many buildings. I was in a superior 10 and really appreciated the privacy curtain and the personal outlets and light. Would be better if rooms had wifi. Breakfast is basic toast and cereal. They need to update directions on the bus about which stop to get off at. Asking shouldn't be the only direction. Hostel is walkable to most major attractions.

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at so far! Very cool atmosphere and great staff and bar. Good breakfast too, lots of variety. The beds were very nice and had little curtains for privacy which I really liked. I loved Bruges so much, and this place had lots of cool and interesting people to meet.

15 min walk from the city center, the bar was always popping. The rooms were nice and the atmosphere was cool. The pod beds with curtains added a level of privacy and relaxation that was awesome to have and I really enjoyed that. I really liked this hostel and would definitely stay here again. I highly recommend it. I wish every hostel were like a St. Christopher's.

No wifi in bedroom,no power supply from power point on my second night of stay

Upon arrival, the only toilet I could find was broken and the lights in the bathroom weren't fully working. Furthermore, during my stay here, someone went into my room and stole my backpack which had many valuables in it and the staff were not very helpful.

Breakfast too late

Great atmosphere and beautiful setting. Within comfortable walking distances from a laundromat, a supermarket and many cafes and bars. Lockers were big enough to hold large backpacks and suitcases. Many spacious showers. Enjoyed the included breakfast every morning. Prices for drinks at the bar were very reasonable. Small annoyances were bad lighting at one of the beds as well as a faulty locker in our room.

Really nice location in a beautiful town. Make sure you book a superior room with pods. Something was seriously up with the sewers and the staircase in the second building absolutely stunk!!! Only wifi is in reception area. Was a cheap hostel for this end of Europe.

The lounge area was really cool, they offered a beer tasting and had food in the reception area. The beds were comfy and offered privacy with a curtain. The bathrooms were not the cleanest, but the shower was nice. The location was good, in a small city everything was walkable.

This is a good hostel - with a bar downstairs that was actually fun and not only a hostel bar. There is no wifi in the building next door where a lot of the actual rooms are, only in the building with the bar which has some rooms, which was inconvenient.

Great place to meet people. Staff is friendly and really helpful. The walking tour is fun. Unfortunately the pub crawl is only from Monday to Thursday so I missed that.

No wifi in the rooms, staff didn't know how I could get a bus/taxi, bar is fine but doesn't have many comfortable places and isn't one of the best for meeting people, and the hostel is located outside of the center. One of the only options in Bruges but really needs to improve to be worth the money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7