St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

I stayed here for 2 nights (Thursday and Friday in April) and it was quite good. The beds were comfy and big for a hostel with a curtain for privacy. I had just come off a month long bender with my best mate from home (Australia) so I didn't get amongst the bar, but the atmosphere down there was pretty good. I have no doubts this would be the best hostel in Bruges, I'll stay there again if I go back. Ps. If you visit Belgium, go to Leuven during the week. Great town!

It;s a hostel for young people, definetly, the staff is very helpful and friendly, the hostel it's close to the centre, BUT we had ONE toilet for at least 5 rooms, the showers were not working for 3 days(we had to go to another part of the building ) and the sheets, I'm sorry to say but, they look like they have been used for 100 years. All the doors are squeaking (that's easy to fix) so imagine how fun was during the night when people arrived in their room after 12 o'clock.

Excellent hostel. Would recommend it to anyone travelling through Bruges. Staff were very helpful and they had a great quiz night when I was there!

There were only a few ppl in the hostel when i stayed there so the toilet n bathroom is veryvery clean! My bed has a curtain n electric plug which is good n it was the reason why i choose to stay in the 10ppl dorm. However! There was no wifi in the room, so kind of wasted the curtain n the light coz I cant surf the net on my bed!!!! Plxplx add the wifi! Plus u can only use it in reception which is closed from 00-08. And no kitchen. Breakfast is acceptable though. N a little far from center

a very good hostel, our private dorm was fantastic! the bar which is part of the hostel ist quite cool, the staff is friendly, helpful. it's close to the city center.

Excellent staff!. We forgot our ID cards in the hostel reception, and they sent us by post without no problem. The bar is also well-attended being a very strong point to stay in this hostel. I recommend!

I've stayed in a few St. Christophers along my trip, and this one had the bar with the nicest atmosphere, which goes a long way when you're trying to meet people. I always wish that there is a kitchen, and the staff were on the whole, nice, if not stellar, but this is probably the nicest hostel in Bruges

Small toilet for the number of guests... the rest is fine!

• 25th Mar 2014

Generally I don't make comments about hostels however the Bauhuas was exceptionally good so I'll make an exception. When my girlfriend arrived late at night I discovered that I had accidentally only booked one night in the dorm. The owner who was working the desk and I started talking and he was quite an interesting guy. In the end, because no one was staying in the double apartment he upgraded us to there for the night. Besides that act of generosity, it was overall a great place to stay.

• 25th Mar 2014

Very good hostel. Quite clean. Curtain, locker, plug and light with each bed which is very nice. Negative points would be no wi-fi in the rooms, no kitchen, no washing machines. The key to our room did not work so anybody with the key of the building could enter...

Everything about this hostel rocked. It's a little bit outside of the city center, about a seven minute walk. I really liked the feel of the bar/lounge. If you need constant access to the internet, you'll be upset because the WiFi is only in the common area.

Shower and toilet facilities inadequate for the number of guests, the top floor had about 6-8 rooms sharing a single shower which was then understandably clogged with hair most of the time. Washing facilities aren't existent, they just mean that there is a laundromat nearby which was misleading. The common room is actually the bar... There is a microwave in the bar area and boiling water however they don't offer use of mugs and the microwave was apparently only to be used during breakfast.

We're sorry you felt dissapointed, the main bathrooms are one floor below and our open common area offers space to sit back as well as meet some new local friends. We provide free wifi in this area and the microwave is certainly always free to use - all the time! We offer hot water, mugs, plates, cutlery and we'll gladly put anything you need in our fridge for you, please just ask any one of the team :) we're always happy to help you, safe travels!

Nice Hostel, breakfast was okay, dorms are a bit small (little space), good free walking tour and friendly, helpful staff!! The only thing me really bothered was the smell by the stairs. We spend 3 nights there and there was always this disgusting smell when you went up the stairs.

Hi! Thanks for opinion! Its always nice to read we have a good team! Old town of Bruges, where we are located, is great area for long walks. Especially with a great group of people from around the world. We had a problem in one hallway and we sorry that happend during your staying. But we are glad even then you felt good vibrations in the Bauhaus! Thank you!

The hostel was really good, i really enjoy staying here everything was good.

Cool place in a very good spot, not far from the main attractions. For those travelling with car, it is a great advanttage that the inner city ends ~100 m from the hostel and you can park for free nearby. The place has a very good vibe, a good bar, and a huge common area to mingle with others. The rooms were totally okay, the breakfast decent. However there's no wifi in the rooms, and the bathrooms are pretty run-down. But notheless it is good value for money.

Hello! Thank you for staing with us and for your comment! We are happy you had a good time at the Bauhaus! We always trying to make a home atmospher around and we are glad you saw it! We offer a strong internet connection in the bar and reception and we would love to continue this in all our rooms - this is something we hope to improve in the near future. Thanks for you're comments, happy travels!

I just downgraded "Security" because the door lock was broken, so no card was needed to get in the room. Otherwise, I was very satisfied with the hostel and the staff.

Hi! We're so happy that you enjoyed your time with us at the Bauhaus and you felt comfortable with our staff. Its always nice to hear that! We're all looking forward to seeing you next time!

Great hostel. Good location on the east side of town, and great facilities. I always appreciate having privacy curtains.

Only one toilet working at the time. Also the shower where either cold or one that had warm water had no light. But staff where great , nice atmosphere

nice breakfast. nice staff. 15 minutes walk to city centre but far from train station. its ok. Book it!!

Great Hostel ! Nice to relax too