St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

Wifi hardly worked and pillows bedding were terrible pillow very very thin

Fantastic place to stay right in the heart of Brugge with like minded travellers.

• 26th May 2015

I wanted to like this hostel because it was in the center of Bruges, however there were several concerns I had. First of all, there was no wifi in the building I stayed in. Then the outlets wouldn't kept plugs in them; they just fell out. Also the showers were freezing 3 out of 3 times I took a shower. Plus, the red head bartender was rude and obviously didn't want to be there; it really detracted from our trip. Cannot recommend this hostel unless these issues are fixed.

The Hostel is about 15min from the town centre. It is lovely, clean and check-in was very easy. However, the first 2 days we had no hot water. We signaled it at the reception the first night obviously & were told someone would look into it. However we never heard from anybody and despite the water still being cold (not lukewarm, cold!) the second day did not push the matter as we had too much planned over 2 days to be willing to. It was therefore a nice surprise to have nice hot water.

• 23rd May 2015

This was really convenient to find because it's not too far from the city center and it's by the windmills. My only concern is that my room had a leak so when I would walk in the door is either slip on the ground or get water on my head.. But regardless of that fact I had a great time here meeting people and enjoying the city!

For the money I think this is a good hostel, location is not too far from the old centre and everything is walkable. The hostel has a busy bar scene at night and its easy to mingle. However I would say as far as a couple staying in a private room - we probably would have been better off going to a budget hotel. There is no wifi in the rooms, and the halls all smell a bit like sewer. Otherwise though our stay was fine, especially for the price.

Had a great stay at St Christopher's In Bruges. We had booked an 8 bed dorm, but we're offered a 10 bed superior with curtains and plug outlets. We went with the 10 and it was worth it as you had so much privacy and we hardly saw many other people in our room. Showers were clean, the bar is super cool with an awesome walking tour guide/beer tasting host! Breakfast was good.

The roof was leaking in the hallway and in our room all day and night. Free breakfast was a plus. Close to city center

It was a very average hostel, it's great to meet people yes. But don't expect much. The power points in our room would only work if you learned something against the point, even then you would wake up with no charge, our dorm door didn't close properly either and the share toilet blocked for far too long. But as for the beds they where comfy.

• 20th May 2015

I could not imagine a better place to stay- WOW- from the staff to the facilities, this place was amazing. The bar atmosphere and the hostel vibe is relaxed and fun and the staff is so friendly. They have a ton of helpful resources and activities to get you active and social. Fell in love with Bruges and will most definitely stay here upon returning

Great hostel!! The bar is really cool and they have activities most days of the week. Everything is close in Bruges so the location doesn't matter. The showers were really cold though

The staff were not as friendly as we would have liked. The atmosphere wasn't like a typical hostel, and the showers were cold throughout the duration of our stay.

Had a great stay here. Staff were friendly, everything was clean and modern. Breakfast was good, there were eggs and a good selection of spreads etc. beds are pretty comfy and can walk into town in about 10minutes so good location

Really cool place. Awesome staff who were very welcoming and always keen for a chat. Good bar full of positive vibes and reasonably priced alcohol. Easy 5 minute walk to city centre. If you are going to Brugge I would strongly recommend you stay here.

You just can't expect a fancy place for that price. It is not. But if you set your mind it will meet your expectations.

Hostel is in a good location and is attached to a cool bar but my room smelled horrible. The second building smells like a sewer, it is unbearable. I had to leave after the first night. I can't recommend this hostel.

Toilet very short and not enough shower. Lot of extras. Poor breakfast

staff made every effort but lights didn't work, entrance to building damaged. location is good but reception is dark and tired.

• 10th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Great hostel. Comfortable rooms, close to town and breakfast was included. I had a superior room with pod beds which was excellent. Wifi only available in the bar, but the connection was very good. Only issue was that the layout of my room wasn't particularly good for meeting new people. Other than that it was a great hostel.

• 9th May 2015

Our bunk smelled terrible as if a sewer ran through it. It also was against a stair case so was very noisy all night. The bathrooms were disgusting with broken toilette, soapless soap dispensers and suspicious brown stains on the only working toilette. The showers were ice cold if they worked. This was a very nice hostel (friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere, etc.), however the cleanliness and smell of the facilities was a major detracting factor for us.

• 7th May 2015