St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

The perfect hostel ever!! Nice location easy to go aroun the city and see everything that you want to. Nice environment to meet people from all over the world and have nice beers and drinks...cheap ones!!! Totally recommend and would go back as soon as possible!!

Just your standard St. Christophers. (Possibly a bit better because the hostel is made up of a bunch of different buildings. If you would like to escape the bar noise, you can!)

A nice friendly hostel with a good vibe and a fantastic breakfast. The place is a maze especially if you're in rooms 7 or 8 so you will get lost but it's interesting. Further than I expected from the city centre.

The staff, bar, breakfast are all faultless, beyond fantastic in fact. The hostel itself though stinks! No idea why but the rooms in the other building to the bar/restaurant smell of sewerage. Being a Brit the only way to adequately describe it is "gopping", the gag reflex is in full tilt as you ascend the stairs. Its a shame as the rooms are great. The location could be closer to the town but it's only a 5 minute walk and the staff (Lex and Aeris? in particular) are absolutely fantastic.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Wales
  • All Male Group, 31-40

This was the best hostel I've stayed in so far! Very clean. They had a cool bar/lounge area where we could meet other travelers, relax after sightseeing, and get on the internet. In the morning they had a very nice full breakfast! I love the atmosphere of the lounge area the most!

• 25th Nov 2014

The staff and the atmosphere of the hostel were wonderful. My only complaint was no wifi in the rooms -- but going to the bar area to use the wifi wasn't bad at all as it was such a nice area. We had a wonderful stay and would absolutely recommend it to anyone who wanted to visit Bruges.

• 21st Nov 2014

Hi! Great to hear you had a good time in our hostel. We hardly work on wi-fi acces in each room but it takes time. We hope if you will visit us again, or one of your friends, we will follow your all expectations! Take care and safe travels!

great atmosphere at the bar and common area, and the beds with the curtains are nice. it is a little far from the center of town, but Bruges is tiny so its still walkable. breakfast is ok. overall a very good deal

Hi there! Definitely atmosphere in our hostel is the best! We are the best rating hostel in Bruges on vibs. We are located in the city center of Bruges. Easy 5-10-15 min walk from each important point in the city. Thanks for your review and see you next time! Cheers!

Nicest staff I've ever experienced at a hostel - I felt immediately at home when I walked in. There are always people around the bar by late afternoon and even if you're solo it won't take long to find a friend! Strange smells in the rooms so it's probably not for you if you spend a lot of time in there, but the bathrooms are nice and clean! I've already recommended Bauhaus to a few people heading to Bruges :)

I loooooove this hostel, I will definitely come back! Clean, secure and the people there is amazing. Totally recommended

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Hi! It was amazing to meet you! Safe travels and feel welcome again!

Given that there is no kitchen to cook meals in, it would be great if there was more variety available on the menu at the bar (like in the Gare du Nord St Christophers).

• 15th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

No wifi in the rooms is something that I hate and also they have a problem with drainage because the hallways and the bar smell like sewage. Would stay somewhere else next time if I could

Hi there! It a pity that wifi did not follow your expectations. We work on it but it takes time. It already work in couple of rooms but not in your one. I hope to show you all improvements next time. Safe travels!

The toilets/showers were okay but not great - there weren't very many of them, some were out of order, and they were all tiny and cramped. The room was about average for a hostel - been in better, but certainly been in worse. But the downstairs area of the hostel was great, we loved the atmosphere in the bar in the evening and the chillout area around reception was great for relaxing in!

Hi! Cool to know you had a good time downstairs! Sorry for inconvenience with showers but I can't promise it was only accidently! Come again and check it out :) Take care!

Good location, walking distance from sights

Stayed here during a weekend. It was probably the best hostel I've ever been to. The atmosphere in the common room was awesome and it felt really homely. The breakfast is also very great and it almost feels like a hotel breakfast. The rooms were clean and tidy and the staff speaks perfect english and are very helpful. If I had to criticise one thing, it would probably be the slighlty clogged sink in our room ...

Booked online via hostel world-very easy. Check in process was easy & the staff very friendly. Security cards to access rooms (great), lockers available but need to bring your own lock or buy one from reception. Ate and drank at the bar, food was good and plenty of drinks to choose from at affordable price.

The bar in the hostel is wonderful and their staff is lovely.

Great Hostel, a little bit off center.

Absolutely fantastic. Great facilities and staff. The atmosphere in the very cozy bar and lobby area was very lively. Even locals used the bar, so it was very easy to meet both international travelers and natives of Brugge. One of my new favorite hostels. Only downsides are the lack of food options from the bar, and it's a little bit of a walk from the city center. These are just minor, however. I recommend.

Had a bit of a bad experience at this hostel mainly due to the dorm room i stayed in being right next door to all the rubbish and recycling from the bar. The room stunk as a result and opening the window/door decreases security and not to mention makes the smell worse. Also it is a decent walk from this hostel in to the city. Unfortunately I wouldn't recommend this hostel if you are going to Bruges.

Cons: No kitchen and the common area is a bar where you can only drink what they sell, which doesn’t really fit the whole hostel idea. Plus, the showers system is quite uncomfortable. Wifi doesn’t really work in the rooms. Pros: Good breakfast, rather helpful staff. All in all, not a bad place to stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7