St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

Best hostel we stayed in during our entire trip around Europe. Highly recommend the pub crawl to meet people and have a good laugh.

• 28th Jul 2015

Great location and friendly staff. The atmosphere in the bar / common area is great to meet people. The free breakfast is pretty standard but get in early or you miss out. The food is cheap €5 pizzas and beers are priced well. Rooms are comfortable and the locker space underneath is ideal. Only downside we have is no kitchen facilities and when asking for a glass of hot water to make our own tea we had to pay €2 but overall a good hostel with friendly staff would recommend to stay!

Just finished travelling and doing my reviews of hostels. This one was the best I've been everything was perfect - staff, location, the people, the bar. Would recomend anyone to stay here!

Dirty bed, wake up with itchy red rashes across my body... A lot of unknown bugs in the room. Eg: mosquito and etc... No wifi in room... No kitchen... Internet at common area is slow... Not recommended...

Fairly good, nevertheless the bathroom was a little dirty.

There was a really good atmosphere in the hostel and the bar there was awesome! The room was alright with good lockers but the bathroom smelt and wasn't very clean. The location was pretty good, a bit of a walk to the main square but the busses were really close.

Top hostel, loved the privacy of the curtains round the bunk, power sockets and reading light. Dorms not cramped and stuffy. Really nice communal area. Excellent staff... not always the case. European hostels. Highly recommended,

• 21st Jul 2015

Very fun, good breakfast and good location. awesome free walking tour!

Booked because I saw the pics if the curtained bunks, what a great solution to the lights on/lights off hostel conundrum!Disappointed this was not a feature in my dorm. My 8-bed dorm was not as nice as those featured in pics and as mentioned in another comment, room smelled like mould and wet towel. Rickety bunk beds shake every time you turn in your sleep, waking the other bunk and vis versa. Nonetheless, great bar and atmosphere to meet people and good location

Hi, thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed not to be in one of our Pod dorms. If there are alternative room types available we are always happy to offer guests their preferred type even if it differs from their original reservation. It´s great that you enjoyed the bar and atmosphere and we hope you visit again. - The Bauhaus

I stayed twice at this hostel before and after tomorrowland because everything else was booked. Both times I was absolutely shocked at how dirty it was. The 8 bed dorm had no ventilation except for a window that opened into the bins and then bugs go into our room. Then the second time in the superior 16 bed dorm which stunk like toilet drainage. The toilets upstairs all have the seats fallen off and the breakfast was so gross I couldn't eat. Nothing is cleaned and its way to expensive!

• 18th Jul 2015

We had a great time at this hostel - the bar and reception area was really nice to hang out in and have some drinks. It's about a 10-15 minute walk down the road to the centre which was fine and a pretty walk. The staff were really helpful recommending places for us to go out and they helped us book a taxi to the station when we left really early in the morning. Would definitely stay here again!

• 18th Jul 2015

Security was poor. A side door was kept open so anyone could walk in. The dorm rooms were usually locked but the staff tend to left then open after they had cleaned etc. The showers and toilets were quite discusting as they were not cleaned and other customers left them filthy. Staff were not very helpful and it was clear that they don't like their jobs. The biggest problem is the lack of cleaning. No kitchen, free breakfast (white bread/muesli). Would go again only if there is no other place

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Finland

Stayed in double private w/ shared bathroom. Hall and room smelled a bit musky but I think that comes with the age of a lot of buildings. Otherwise room was as expected with good staff. No WiFi in rooms but available in the bar and lobby which is similar to a lot of hostels. No check in until 3 pm, but they had lockers available for rent only in another building two doors down, which made it more secure but they don't let you just leave it in the locked building if you're trying to save bucks.

Hi, thank you for your feedback. Customer service is very important to us, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our electronic lockers are definitely more secure, which is why we encourage guests to use them. We hope you are able to come and visit us again! - The Bauhaus

It was a really good hostel, i had a great time staying there. I appreciated that the bar down stairs was a bit more chilled out than some other hostel bars so it was place for a beer and chat.

Very and social place, nice and clean, breakfast which is nice. No kitchen and WiFi in the rooms is almost nonexistent

It was a great stay, we were there for one night and everything was great. The only bad thing was the shower, which could've been better, it was a small room with no ventilation. Apart from that, highly recommendable!

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Spain

no curtains, only real complaint

Overall I had a fantastic time at St Christopher's Inn. As a solo traveller I had no trouble meeting new people- the atmosphere was fantastic in the bar every night! Customer service was good, place was clean and secure. Despite negative reviews about it being a far walk from the city centre, I thought the location was great. The walk was beautiful to the centre and there was plenty to see! Would definitely recommend this to friends!

Hi, thanks for the great review, we hope you come and stay again in the future with any friends that haven't seen Bruges! - The Bauhaus

It's a nice hostel even if you book their biggest dorm it's ok, each bed has power points and a curtain (which is awesome) you're not far from town which is also good and the fee tour is a nice thing

I stayed in the 10 bed mixed dorm and a friend of mine stayed in a private double room. I would have rather stayed in the private room, because I just felt slightly uncomfortable and the private room was so nice, it would have been worth the extra money. This was a great place though, great atmosphere and clean.

• 12th Jul 2015