St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

only stay there for one night,but the bar is really cool,clean bathroom,friendly staff, good view,just the Wi-Fi can't be connected in the room

• 21st Jan 2015
  • China

I stayed in a private double bed with shared bathroom. Everything was clean and simple. There was a water heater with comp. teas and coffee. Towels were provided and individual packets of soap! Nice small touches. Would stay here again.

Best hostel to stay at in Paris. Everything is within walking distance. The staff was awesome and the rooms are big enough. The bakery down the street was amazing and there's an Indian restaurant was amazing too. The bar has great deals on food and drinks! The BBQ Cheese Melt burger is great!

One time is enough for me... can't sleep, cause people are screaming at the hallway mid. Of night. Hearing baby cry at night, I had such a bad experience.

• 14th Jan 2015

Nice place in every practical aspect, but the atmosphere was a little too try-hard, pretentious; by trying to be an spontaneous place, it became a little souless. Would recommend if the intention is just stayng there for sleephours and shower; if interaction with people from different parts of the world is the idea, maybe not.

• 9th Jan 2015

I rate my stay as average. Here are my comments: 1.A kettle was provided in the room. However, an electrical outlet was nowhere near to plug in the kettle. 2.I felt the rate was too high for a single person. For a few more euros, I could have stayed in a 3 star hotel located more centrally. I didn't feel I got value for $. 3.The directions to the hotel (fr Laumiere station) was too long, when it was much easier to walk from the Crimee station. 4.Milk served during breakfast was not cold.

• 9th Jan 2015

Everything good except the cleaning of the bathrooms.

One word: expensive. Forget their "deals". And their so-called "free" internet is probably the slowest connection I have ever used, when it doesnt kick you off after visiting one or two pages.

The restrooms were cleaned frequently which is awesome. The breakfast was great too! The staff was super helpful and SO cool. I am definitely staying here whenever I return to Paris.

Hi there, We are very happy to hear you enjoyed the hostel. Thanks for all these super comments. Come back anytime!! Safe travels St Chris team

I liked the curtain in front of my bed for privacy. I also enjoyed the light and the electric outlet above my bed. I appreciated that all showers and toilets were in the hall way. I always had a shower available when I wanted to. And above all we had a lot of choice for breakfast.

• 5th Jan 2015

Door to the dorm wouldn't close automatically so whenever someone left, our door would be ajar. Location is decent for Paris, not many alternatives in a better place. Area was nice during the day but not much suitable nightlife, a good cinema nearby. Atmosphere down in Belushi's was superb. Loved the bed curtains. Can imagine in peak periods two showers for an entire floor would be problematic. Wifi decent in room on one of the top floors (IIRC). Broken lift for first few days was killer.

I had a really good stay.

Hi , Staff very rude !!! Thanks

This was my second time at St. Christopher's and I must say that things did change a lot since my last time. I was robbed during New Year´s Eve inside my room. Somehow, they managed to get through our lock and took 400 Euros from my bag. Besides that, the elevator was broken the whole time we stayed there, the window in the men's restroom was also broken and we couldn't close it. In other words, I'm not sure if I'd stay there again.

I liked this hostel but it has issues. The first and foremost being it's bathrooms. I stayed on the third floor and those bathrooms had a mold and mildew problem. This might not be an issue for most people but seeing as how I am allergic to this, it was particularly rough on me. The ventilation in there is bad and this is the cause of the problems. The beds where ok, the lockers big but annoying, and the wifi never worked. Other than that I liked this place great atmosphere, great bar and staff.

I thought everyone leaving a review on the wifi was being petty, but it took a grand total of an hour and forty five minutes to print my boarding pass because the Internet was so slow/ was in and out/ the site was timed out so many times. Although my comforter looked like it had been mangled by a large angry cat, the rooms themselves were some of the nicest I've stayed in. The bathrooms were average hostel esque so don't expect much. The staff is very friendly, the breakfast was fine enough,

• 27th Dec 2014

Toilets were filthy/out of order. Lower bunk beds have little room for sitting up, even for a petite person like me. Elevator was down the entire time and our room was on the fifth floor. Wifi connection very poor and only available in the common room, which is fine, but the common room is too cramped-there was not enough place to accommodate all the guests and it is also dirty (also there was a leak in the ceiling)

During my stay, their elevator was broken for 3 days, my room was in 5th floor, that's kind of trouble for me to climb the stairs all the time. And they did not even put any sign to inform the guests that the elevator was not working!

It was a decent stay with them as the staff were helpful and friendly, they offered free breakfast for the guests and big lobby room which was really convenient to meet new friends. However, the wifi signal is quite unstable and weak, especially in my room.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Vietnam

This hostel has the basics of safety and cleanliness. It's too big to meet many people. There is a bar downstairs but people don't really socialize there except with people they already know. They do not provide locks so bring your own. The worst thing was definitely the location, at least a half hour walk from anything you'd want to do in Paris and in a sketchy neighborhood. Fine if you just need a bed and don't mind long walks or the metro, but not a fun or interesting place.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7