St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Clean and spacious rooms with a sink, table, and pod style beds. Fun atmosphere and plenty of drinking to be done at the bar downstairs, but it doesn't substitute a kitchen. The food was sub par and the service was inconsiderate and rude. Make sure your chicken wings aren't bloody.

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to review us. We do not have a kitchen but offer 25% off at the bar. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the food. We will make sure we follow your feedback. Enjoy the rest of your travels. St. Christophers.

The location is a bit outside the inner city at a canal, but it takes only 20 minutes by rental bycicle to the inner city or Montmartre. You may stay there if you are a bit older, but most guests are 20-30 years old.

• 17th Feb 2015

It was easy to get to, seemingly safe area. I'm a bit more of a clean freak, so I feel it needs a nice deep cleaning in the bedroom along the walls. But the sheets looked clean and the bathrooms were decent.

• 15th Feb 2015

If you want to be treated badly by the staff, go for it! Also you must learn perfect french cos the staff barely speak English and not only that, they will be really upset if they don't understand you and if the staff try to speak English with you try to pay attention cos they are gonna to get pissed off if you don't understand them and ask them to repeat. If you want to do check out keep in mind they will ignore you between 5-10 minutes because they are to busy talking with each other

Well... I really liked the hostel but nevertheless there are some things I would like to mention... - during my stay they obviously had some problems with the bathroom facilities and so the condition of the shower and toilet room for females was unacceptable (regarding cleanness and hygiene) and - the lockers in the cellar, which you are forced to use if all safe deposit boxes in your own room are already used, are incredibly expensive!

• 31st Jan 2015

Hi there, We are happy to hear that you really liked the hostel. We do apologise for the conditions in the female toilets during your stay - we are constantly trying to renew and refurbish our facilities and services so that we can improve our guests' experience at Christopher's Inn! Best regards, St. Christopher's Inn team

I really liked to stay at this hostel! I would recommend it to everyone that goes to Paris.

Hi, Thanks for review, hope to see you again soon St. Christophers

Was a really cool place, made friends with a lot of people almost instantly. A plus is at least if I get drunk at the bar I can just drag my butt upstairs safely. Minus no kitchen.

The only problem in the hostel, is the security staff in the nights, I can say they are really annoying, they shout a lot and they aren't polite, also it looks like if they were trying to threaten you, it's pretty awkward, they have to remember that you're the guest, and you'll understand if they speak clearly.

Hi, Thanks for your review. We are sorry to hear you felt the security team were not friendly, we will speak to the security about how they interact with our guests. Thanks for pointing this out, it will help us improve. Thanks St. Christophers.

The internet in the rooms is slow , all the others things aré nice! All the same i was there only 2 days.

• 28th Jan 2015

The hostel is decent. Beds are clean with a curtain and you have your own light and power socket. The bathrooms were pretty gross and smelt horrendous as did the room most of the time as I don't think they were cleaned properly the whole week I stayed. Belushies bar downstairs was awesome. Food was great, drinks were good all at reasonable prices. Also had a pretty good vibe and the guest discount was handy! Breakfast says 7-10:30 but is actually 7:45-9:45 but free which was good!

Hi, Thanks for your review. We are sorry you felt the bathrooms were not cleaned properly, we have a cleaning team who work throughout the day to ensure they are as you would expect them. Regarding the breakfast, it starts at 7:30am until 10am, not 10:30am. Glad you like the bar! Hope you enjoy the rest of your travels, St. Christophers.

The bar is good but always close too early. There's no many places that you can stay and relax. The bathroom and bedrooms are clean in the possible conditions.

Hi, Thanks for your review. We shut the bar at 1am during the week as we have noise complaints if we stay open longer however we do have a club open on Thursday, Friday, Saturdays which goes on until the early hours. Enjoy the rest of your travels, St. Christophers

They were doing work in our room while we stayed, and did not attempt to clean it up. It's a cheap price, but they get you for the little things, like charging you for lockers and to charge your phone in the common area (Chill Out Room). You do have lockers in your room that you bring your own lock for, but they're more like cages. Anyone with smaller than average hands could just reach in, open your bag, and look around.

Toilets could be cleaner.

only stay there for one night,but the bar is really cool,clean bathroom,friendly staff, good view,just the Wi-Fi can't be connected in the room

Thanks for your review. We are looking at upgrading our wifi so hopefully this will be sorted in time for you next stay, Thanks St. Christophers

Most of the staff were very nice but there was one guy really rude!!!! Sheets were clean but this is crazy to share only three shower rooms with maybe 100 girls staying at the same floor

I stayed in a private double bed with shared bathroom. Everything was clean and simple. There was a water heater with comp. teas and coffee. Towels were provided and individual packets of soap! Nice small touches. Would stay here again.

A brilliant place to stay, enjoyed every minute

• 16th Jan 2015

Best hostel to stay at in Paris. Everything is within walking distance. The staff was awesome and the rooms are big enough. The bakery down the street was amazing and there's an Indian restaurant was amazing too. The bar has great deals on food and drinks! The BBQ Cheese Melt burger is great!

Good hostel. Clean and modern facilities. The restaurant downstairs was pretty good, but a bit expensive. Music was too loud during early stages of the night. Couldn't talk to the person sitting next to me at dinner. Staff were friendly and helpful. I did have someone try and pick my pocket in the restaurant area. I caught him and security kicked him out, although they were regulars (not guests) which makes me think security was in on it. Paris is full of scammers and thieves, even in hostels.

I found the floor of the bedroom sticky from soda during my entire stay at the hostel--indication that there was never any mopping done on the floor. The showers and bathrooms could also use serious periodic cleaning. The common room also stank. I wrote complaints to the manager and was told that they will do their best to improve in the future. Also, the luggage room should be available for free with options of coin lockers instead of making everyone pay.

• 15th Jan 2015