St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

I want to say special thanks to the two employees who were working on those evenings Guillaume and Mariane.

• 11th Apr 2015

Greeted by friendly staff when I enter the hostel. Generous breakfast. Comfortable sitting area for free breakfast or meals. I like the big curtain on every dorm bed, you got slightly more privacy, other guesthouses should consider this simple yet useful add-on. Fast wifi, probably one of the fastest among the hostels in Paris.

Thank you for your wonderful review! The breakfast is one of our proudest features (curtains being a close second). Hope to see you again soon!

We had a wonderful stay, it was very easy with the online-checkin before. It is a little bit difficult with the parking situation, but there is a parking house a few meters down the road which offers a price of 25 euro for the weekend which is okay! We had mold on our room-ceiling which was the only thing to complain about, and the boys bathroom was flooded. The girls room was clean. We really liked the atmosphere!

• 10th Apr 2015

So great to hear you had a nice stay! I'm sending you an email to find out where you saw mold so we can make sure it's been cleaned up and sorry about the guys bathroom, our renovations are coming to an end so that will soon be a problem of the past! Hope to see you again soon.

We just got back from our stay and it was amazing! Definitely coming back asap. Special mention to Reece, the Aussie bar manager - his hospitality and humour made the stay 10x better. Thanks again!!

• 9th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

So glad you a great time! Reece is crazy in all the best ways, a big part of why the bar is as much fun as it is. Hope to see you again soon!

The thing I loved most is that you have "normal pillows". Not the weird chunky ones like you get in other hostels. Thank you!

Great place to stay. Only issues were people outside at all hours yelling and drinking, which sucked after a long day. Also wifi in the rooms is very weak and you have to be on the ground floor to get proper reception.

Glad you had a good stay! We'll talk to security, make sure people are being quiet and I have very good news about the wifi, our system is being upgrade very soon, by the time you come back we'll have the best wifi in Paris!

The overall stay i had was great. However, there is only one crucial things to enhance the overall experience which is the wifi connection. It was so weak that it doesnt really work at the room. You have to go to the "chill room" and use the computer instead if you have important things to sort out. But bear in mind there is only 3 computer and most of the time are occupied. Other than the wifi, the room and cleanness are great.

Nice staff who are helpful but the hostel itself is far from most of the things people go to do in Paris. Also the bar downstairs is expensive and since it's so large i found as a solo traveller it was hard to meet people other than those I was sharing a dorm with. Beds were good and the lockers under the beds were secure which I liked too.

• 7th Apr 2015

Absolutely fantastic hostel, great location not far from Laumiere metro station. Staff are approachable and very helpful. We stayed in a 12 bed female dorm, very clean and lots of space. Lots of information regarding local attractions and tours, walking tour picks up there which is also great! Would highly recommend staying here :)

• Wales

I really enjoyed my stay here. The bunk with two sockets, a personal light and a privacy curtain was a nice touch. I only wish there was a fridge for guests and a computer with a USB port. I wanted to back up my pictures but couldn't.

Thank you for your review, so glad you had a great time! We'll have to keep that in mind for the next time we do a computer update, good idea!

Great hostel with really friendly, fun and helpful staff. Great that's it's near two metro stations and lovely location on the canal. Clean rooms and facilities, really enjoyed my stay!!

• 7th Apr 2015

Thank you so much! We try to do our best and glad we were able to help you have a great time in Paris!

Staff was friendly, location wasn't central, but it was cool t be right by the canal, the facts about Paris are really cool, great experience,

Great place to stay. The staff was very friendly and accommodating when we asked to get early breakfast before leaving. All around, it was a very good experience!

• 4th Apr 2015

I'll start with the only negative comment - I've stayed at this hostel before but have to admit the upkeep (particular in the washrooms/showers) has gone downhill. A little too much of a college dorm approach to bathroom cleaning. Otherwise, this place is great! Bring a padlock for an excellent place to keep you bags safe in your dorm. Great bar, great club, great food. and lovely location - it might not be in front of the Eiffel Tower but the neighbourhood feels safe and is very beautiful!

Overall a good hostel, wifi didn't work on some floors, no kitchen was a little let down and the pub prices became expensive after 10 even as a guest. Location is good near the metro.

Good transport links, nice area, friendly and helpful staff.

Thank you so much! I'm glad you had a great time and I hope you'll come back again soon.

My favorite hostel I've ever stayed in. It was incredibly clean, stylish, and comfortable. The staff was incredible. I lost my debit card while in Paris, and they let me use the front desk phone to call back to the US and deal with my bank. The free breakfast ran out quickly, which was frustrating, but it was enough to fuel me for the day! Great bar and restaurant in the lobby with good deals. You can also buy tickets for various attractions at the front desk, which helped us skip long lines!

• 2nd Apr 2015

The hostel is located close to Gare du Nord/Gare l'Est, so it is far away from all the tourist attractions, but it's close to metro lines, so it's still easy to get around. And I actually liked that it isn't in a tourist area, as it was quieter & not so hectic. The staff there is really nice, helpful and friendly, minus the bar manager. He was rude to me, as well as to another person and made it seem like it was our fault for having a problem. He was very unprofessional and unhelpful

Always lively!

I was sexually harassed by a roommate here, which I don't blame the hostel for. Still recommended. But, what I do blame them for is putting only one girl in a large mixed dorm room...you should always place two girls minimum in a mixed dorm. That's just common sense to most. Have to pay to keep your luggage here, and because they don't have enough small/medium lockers, you end up having to pay more for wasted space when you are stuck with the big lockers. Breakfast: cereal, baguette, drinks.

I am so sorry to hear that you were harassed! I am emailing you directly to find out what happened and to make sure we ban that person from all St. Christopher's Inns. Typically we try to make the rooms diverse and I'm so sorry we fell short for you. We have switched out our lockers as well!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7