St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

This hostel has the basics of safety and cleanliness. It's too big to meet many people. There is a bar downstairs but people don't really socialize there except with people they already know. They do not provide locks so bring your own. The worst thing was definitely the location, at least a half hour walk from anything you'd want to do in Paris and in a sketchy neighborhood. Fine if you just need a bed and don't mind long walks or the metro, but not a fun or interesting place.

I absolutely loved this hostel! I only stayed two nights which was really disappointing I would have loved to stay longer. Loved the location right on the canal it was beautiful. They had everything I needed plus lots and lots more, there was always a deal on. I'm planning on coming back someday and bringing my friends with me!

• 17th Dec 2014

This hostel is definitely value for money. However it is off-centre meaning that the nightlife around it is somewhat limited, expecially in winter. Its position relative to the Metro station Crimée makes up for this. On a different note, I found the hostel to be heavily profit-geared. The toilets in the rooms do not have any soap, which can be found on sale at the hostel reception for a few euros. The same is true for padlocks. Point being: bring everything you need for a hassle-free stay.

Staff super helpful, arrived at 5 am and allowed me to check in to get back to sleep. Beds are super comfy and have own privacy curtain and plugs. Everything seemed very clean and neat. Has a bar where you get good discounts on the food, which is yummy! Overall enjoyed my stay!

• 12th Dec 2014

Hi Glad you enjoyed your stay here with us, and thank you for taking the time to make this review. Hope to see you again soon.

Pretty well kept hostel. Bar is always flourishing with people and music especially at night. Bar staff are pretty cool and friendly too. Things were a bit expensive though and it felt like we were being ripped off with towel hire and laundry costs. Food nearby is much cheaper then the bar despite the discount given to patrons. Apart from that it has great atmosphere and is always lively. Staff are friendly and the red headed girl at reception is pretty cute. Solid hostel

• 10th Dec 2014

Hi Thanks for the great review. We hope you stay with us again, next time you're in Paris.

Keep it the way it is now ... It should be enough to keep peoples for a long time ! ;-))

• 9th Dec 2014

Hi Thank you for your great review. We'll try and keep things this way for you, and we hope to see you again soon.

Bar and atmosphere was great. The deal on food was amazing. Free breakfast was alright, not the worst I've had at a hostel, but something other than bread would be nice. Bar was a tad expensive for a hostel, but fun. Loved the live music nightly. Bathrooms were kind of gross.

Hi Thank you very much for your great review. Glad you enjoyed your stay here, and we hope to see you again soon.

The elevator didn't work so when we report it took them 4 days to fix it.The window in the toilets didn't close so when you want to take a shower it was a bit chilly over there!!For towels you have to pay 10 euros and they will return you back 6 when you returne it back which means they charge you 4 euros for a towel!!The area it's not so safe at night and thanks for the security Guard that he didn't leave anyone to come in.The coffee it was too strong and the cuttlery always run out!Enjoy!:)

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Greece

Hi Thank you for your review. We are currently working our way through all the bathrooms renovating and fixing any problems, and are also looking at changing our lift service company. Unfortunately We need to charge €4 for the towels to cover our laundry costs. Thanks to the help of our security team, we are able to provide a fun and safe environment inside the hostel. We hope to see you again soon.

It's little too expensive for the location where its at, personally speaking. Metro is very convenient but still it takes good 20 min to get everywhere and almost 30 euros for a night its little pricy.

It was indeed a pleasant stay, Staying with St. Christopher's Inn Canal makes you.feeel that you.are on a Holiday...

• 1st Dec 2014
  • India

Friendly and helpful staff. Wifi not working at all times. Cool atmosphere and good location in Paris. Rooms and bathrooms were clean.

The Hostel was comfortable and inviting. The rooms where very clean and well maintained. The staff went well beyond what they had to in order to make everyone feel at home. I would certainly stay there again.

• 28th Nov 2014

wifi never worked in any of the rooms i stayed in, elevator was out when checking out. not good for meeting people. showers last about 20 seconds then you have to hit button again.

• 26th Nov 2014

The key to my room could also unlock all the rooms on my floor. There was no power outlet next to my bed, which was unfortunate, because it is important my phone stay charged so I can use it to take pictures and find directions.

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write your review. The key situation, is highly unusual and a master card must have been made by mistake. We will remind our staff to be more careful when making key cards. We will also ensure that all beds are properly fitted with power outlets.

Definitely a hotel style hostile. The staff is absolutely wonderful. CC, Amparo, and Karlie were super friendly and helpful. Red hair girl behind the desk (never caught your name. Sorry.) Made sure I didn't have to move rooms even though I had two separate reservations. Really easy to take the metro anywhere in the city. It's really geared towards American and Australians so if your looking for authentic Paris, this is not for you. Good common room. Thumbs up.

Hi Thank you for taking the time to make this great review. Glad you enjoyed your stay, and our staff's hospitality. We hope you come back soon.

Really not impressed with this hostel. The only good things about it were the breakfast, personal sockets and light and it was located near two metro stops. But there was mice everywhere, spiders in the showers and Something bit me on the leg during the night. There is no free luggage storage and it's not overly cheap to store it for a day. Also my room was horribly stuffy and the beds were only half full. When we opened the window it was so loud and kept us all awake. You can find better.

Hi Thank you for your review. Pest control is a high priority, and we work closely with Rentokill on this. Unfortunately our position on the canal doesn't help the problem. As to the luggage storage. Unfortunately with a capacity of 350 guests, our self service lockers was the best solution. Hope to see you again in the future.

This hostel is clean and secure. It is pretty far from the city center but if you are comfortable taking the metro everywhere, it's not a problem.

Hi Thank you for your review. We hope you come back to see us again soon.

Loved this place soooo much!!! Close to the metro to take literally anywhere for so cheap! Food was amazing plus a discount! Loved the people and felt very safe and rooms were clean and great! Couldn't complain!

• 20th Nov 2014

Hi Thank you for your kind review. Please come back and stay with us anytime.

The bar downstairs has some of the most amazing burgers I have ever eaten !!! The hostel is huge but you can easily meet people in the dorms or in the bar. There wasn't any wifi in the rooms only downstairs in the bar, and the ladies shared washroom on the 5th floor always smelled like sewage.

There was no kitchen available to cook your own food, but they had a restaurant downstairs that sold food for relatively cheap. They told us they were completely booked so the cost for the rooms was higher, and there ended up only being 3 people in our 8 bed dorm. Location was fine, you take the metro everywhere in Paris. The breakfasts were really really good. That made it worth not having a kitchen.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7