St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

They have two St Christopher's in Paris we went to the wrong one and had to walk 20 minutes to the correct St. Christopher's. So make sure you have the right address for the one you booked. When we arrived there were a lot of kids, literally, 13-17 running around in the hallways, playing with the elevator stopping it from reaching certain floors. It was a bit annoying. The bar closes really early. But the beds are comfortable, they didn't creek, which was a first for us and they have curtains

• 16th Oct 2014

A little way out of the city centre, but right near a metro line which takes your straight in (like 15 mins so nothing much). Staff seemed really cool and helpful, fun hostel atmosphere. No kitchen so the only option is ot eat at the bar downstairs - you get 25% off but its still pretty pricey (I know this is Paris) Room was pretty clean and spacious, curtains across the bed seem weird at first, but perfect for when people come in the middle of the night and turn all the lights on

I had quite some troubles. I checked in on-line as I was arriving late in the evening. Upon arrival, I received my room key, left my luggage, prepared my bed, and went out. When returning (~5am), someone was sleeping in my bed, and my staff had been removed and left on the dirty floor The reason? I had been allocated to bed 501-H (but actually was 511-H) It wasn't my fault. However, the staff didn't apologize at all and were rude indeed. I was forced to change room even if there were spare beds

Mixed feelings on my second stay in 4 weeks, this time in a mixed dorm where my room smelled awful and there were stains running down the walls on the side of my bed with a filthy curtain the other side. Asked to change rooms due to 3 intimidating guys smoking pot which was billowing into our room and I was asked to pay for the 'upgrade' (though interestingly no refund was offered to me in the event of a downgrade). This chain only seems to want money - lockers, towels, phone charging, bar etc..

I really enjoyed staying in this hostel. The breakfast is delicious. The staff is friendly and welcoming and helpful. The only thing is the location. It is far away from the main attractions but it is easy to access via metro. I also love the concept of the dorms - I like that you can close and open your curtains so that if someone comes in late, they don't bother you or if you can't sleep you can keep the light on

• 7th Oct 2014

St Christopher's is a great setup, however if you are looking for a good nights sleep you won't get one. People running and screaming through the corridors until all hours. Ventilation in the rooms is really poor.

• 5th Oct 2014

I was surprised that there was only a sheet on the bed and no bedding was offered. I couldn't fall asleep because I was cold.

• 4th Oct 2014

I stayed for 5 days, and at no point was i able to get the a solid connection tot the wifi for more than a minute. Also, I payed for cooked breakfast vouchers, but didn't get to use them all as I didn't want to be sitting around waiting until after 9am to be able to have it. It would make sense to me that if I payed for it, that I should be able to get it as early a the free breakfast.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Positive: Staff at bar were friendly, close to metro, Negative: Bathrooms always seemed dirty, rooms were extremely noisy, French locals ended up on the platform coming through our window one night at 1 am (security threat), wifi mine as well not have existed

Thank you for your feedback! We will be sure to pass this forward as we do pride ourselves on exceptional standards of service. We apologise for the security threat, please be reassured this is certainly not a regular occurrence, and all windows in our building are intentionally designed so that they cannot be opened fully to allow anyone in unless in case of an emergency. Rest assured we take the safety of our guests as the highest priority. Thanks again and we hope to see you in the future!

this hostel was really clean. and there is a club in the hostel which is quite good and fun. but not good for someone who wants to see center of the paris because of location. It takes more than 40mins by metro.

It is fine. .

My locker did not even pull out from under the bunk bed and neither of our padlocks fit on my friends locker, so we both slept with all of our belongings in our beds with us. The cleanliness of the showers was extremely questionable. The hostel is located very far out from the city centre. We booked a room very reluctantly at 35 euro a night as this was over both of our budgets .. only to find that the price had dropped by a huge 10 EURO a few days later. Not happy.

Thank you so much for your feedback. If something isn't working properly in your room just notify our staff immediately we will always sort something out for you asap. We're located less than 20 mins via Velib from places such as Notre Dame and the Louvre and also have 2 metro stations minutes walk from our front door. The rates of our rooms change daily according to the time of week and year and this is unavoidable but we hope you enjoyed yourself nonetheless and had a great stay in Paris!

Hostel wasn't as good as I expected. It was very noisy during a night and room wasn't clean at all. We came to dirty beds and cleaner came at last day of our four night trip. Hostel was very big and made by bigger corporation so it didn't feel so lovely as others. Staff was very helpful but you had to wait for them like 20 minutes every time because they were so understaffed. Breakfast was very good and FREE! Location was 20 minutes by metro from centre. I wouldn't recommend it.

The room was large. We had to kill five spiders before going to bed. There were no male showers on the floor we were on, so I had to use the handicapped shower - for some reason this room was extremely hot. WiFi worked well. Security was good - had to prox on to floor. Location - had to transit to city centre, but the station was close. Bar downstairs was expensive.

Hello, Thank you for all your feedback! Unfortunately we have been conducting maintenance on certain bathrooms so some are out of order until this is complete, we apologise for this inconvenience. We hope you had a great time with us and would love to see you at St Christopher's again. Kind Regards, The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Hostel was located quite far from all the sights and attractions but was close to a Metro stop. Really new and updated so was very clean and had a lot of amenities. Only problem was Wifi which was not working from my room - had to go down to the common area every time. The staff also made an error in booking my airport transfer. Room was also ridiculously hot and there is no A/C!

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. We really appreciate all the feedback and are pleased you enjoyed our facilities and had a great time with us. We do have a separate wifi connection for the rooms, so perhaps you weren't connected? But we're glad you had no trouble with the wifi downstairs. Unfortunately it can get hot in the rooms during high summer and this is something we're currently. We hope to see you again soon. The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Stayed here twice this year had great fun, good atmosphere, NIce dorms, privacy curtain is great. Only downside is level of heavy rock music in the main bar. Not t everyone taste so we mainly sat outside with the smokers when out of control. However had live music several nights which was good.

• 15th Sep 2014

The breakfast was great here. The staff were friendly and helpful with making bairport transfers and tours. Bathrooms were clean and spacious. The 8bed female dorm had lots of floor space and a small sink and mirror in the room too.

Thanks so much for the lovely feedback! We very much hope to have you at St Christopher's again in the future. Kind Regards, The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

I particularly love the curtain on each bed, more privacy. The bar on the ground floor is amazing, serving excellent food. However, everywhere is crowded. There is not enough bathroom. Expect to wait for a shower☝

Great hostel. Good vibe for solo travellers as the bar is always pumping. MAKE SUEE YOU BOOK IN ADVANCE so many people got turned away. Great beds with a private curtain (score) and great location. Many people say the area is "dodgy" but it's not at all. Close to metro, canal next door which is nice for a wine and picnic. Would stay again. Can be very pricy in high season/weekends.

Thanks so much for writing such a great review for us! We're always stoked to hear you loved the vibe and managed to have a great time in our downstairs bar. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind Regards, The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Awesome location on the canal, not massively central but only about 25 minutes on the metro from most major sights. Free breakfast was delicious and an unexpected bonus! Only slight issue was that dorm doors occasionally didn't close properly (the automated locks would kick in so you couldn't shut the door) but the hostel felt pretty safe on the whole so it wasn't really a problem.

Thank you for your review, we're so glad you loved your stay with us! We understand the doors can on occasion lock automatically - you just need to make sure you have your room key on you to unlock it. While it can be frustrating we use the system we have to provide optimum security and peace of mind for our guests. Kind Regards, The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7