St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Awesome hostel. Theres a club and a bar and restaurant all inside. The beds are comfortable and clean and they give you a privacy curtain. The location is not the best but the metro is very close and easy to get around. It was a fun stay and I would highly recommend.

The location is bit far off but it's still really accessible. Great value in terms of Paris price. The luggage storage room is not free which is a disappointment. The room was really neat and the curtains provide great privacy.

Nice hostel, with a bar/restaurant and a 24-hour reception with friendly staff. However it seemed easy for someone to just come in and access any the floors without even having a card-key. To add to that, our room door wouldn't close properly, and we found out that other card keys worked on our door! Also on our floor there were only two showers for men, breakfast finished at 10 (?!) and there is no kitchen, so bad luck if you're tight on budget or don't like/can't have the food from the bar!

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It's a big chain place, so obviously you don't get the atmosphere of an independant hostel, but it's really clean, good bar (not too great food - came cold) but comfy beds with plugs and lights, beautiful spot on the canal. Took us about half an hour to walk from gare du nord. Overall decent place.

It's a little far away from the central (20 - 30 min by metro), but the facilities are better than the closest hostels that I've stayed. Nice beds, bathrooms... and well served breakfast with a nice view of the cannal. Although, no so far from the metro, I dont feel save to walk alone by night. They have a nice bar in the 1st floor. As they are big, you lose the ambience of hostel. They have a big rental luggage storage (I taked the bigest one = 4 euros for 6 hours).

I would recommend getting a private room. Sharing means having people coming and going out of the room at all hours, and a slightly higher price for privacy is worth it.. Breakfast was basic but abundant and generous considering that it is just a hostal setup.

• 4th Apr 2014

Hello, Thank you for taking time for the comments. We insist on respect in our house rules but it is true that dormitories can be a bit noisy depending on your room mates, but we can't avoid people from coming back late. Thanks for your appreciation of breakfast. Regards from St Chris Paris Canal

The hostel's structure is great but I never saw a so unpolite manager as at this hostel. After an earlier checkin I went there at the checkin time to pick my keys. There was a big line to checkin and ONE recepcionist. So I asked him how should I proceed to pick the keys. He started to scream To dont be asking from the corner and wait at the line. For me didnt make since to wait AGAIN for another 20 minutes to pick the keys. I said to him he didnt need to scream. He answered he could do it louder

Really was an amazing choice. Not very central but very easy to access the city and to get to and from the airport. The staff was more then helpful with any request and the facilities were super clean. I really enjoyed my stay here!

Best hostel experience I have had! Great place to meet people and conveniently located by the Metro (line 7) so you can get to anywhere in Paris. Super social, super friendly and an all around great time!

Greatest hostel I've ever stayed in. Young atmosphere, easy to make friends! Stay in the 12 person dorm, it's a blast.

• 29th Mar 2014

Very friendly staff. I didn't have a reservation because my plans changed at the last minute so I went by there to see if they had availability. And unfortunately they didn't for that night, but I booked a room for the following night, and they sent me to a near by hostel that took good care of me... The food in the restaurant was good, and prices were pretty reasonable compared to other places I had been to in Paris. My stay was perfect, and I don't have any complaints.

The good: Nice cafe/restaurant. Privacy curtains on the beds. Big lockers. Key card access. Free breakfast. The bad: They nickel and dime you to death for things that would be complementary elsewhere like house computers and storing luggage prior to check in. Check in is too late. Check out is too early. Mold in the showers. Drunk children that can't hold their wine (granted that's not the hostel's fault).”

It's good for young people. If you like to ride a bike, there are bikes just next to the hostel. This is a piece of England in Paris.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Finland
  • All Female Group, 41+

Second time staying and it's the only place I'd stay if coming back to Prague. Just all around awesome!

• 25th Mar 2014

It's a very good option! But pay attention for this: IS NOT close to center, of course you can take the metro and get to any place, but I think you must knew that. People from desk are nice. The rooms and beds are VERY GOOD! The breakfast is ok (bread are really good) and well come on is Paris! For the price you pay, it's perfect, besides the best thing you can do is eat the breakfast and then don't come back to the hostel until you want to sleep because the city is just AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL

Lets put like this ... All hostels should be like this, really nice and helpful staff, clean, good snacks, we felt very comfortable there pity we didn't find this one on our arrival ... !

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Portugal

Hi there, Thank you so much for these wonderful comments We try our best to be one of the best hostels in Paris. If you have any suggestions to make things even better feel free to tell us, we will consider any good backpacker ideas. At the moment we are in the process of offering a travel desk in our hostels to facilitate there sightseeing of the city. What do you think? Cheers again St Christopher's team.

Bath room is too smelling,bad feeling .

• 17th Mar 2014
  • China

Hi, We are really sorry about the smell in the bathroom, we try our best to keep the hostel super clean with a minimum of three passages a day and regular checks in the bathrooms. A part from that we hope you had a nice time in Paris Thanks for replying St Christopher's team

Nice place, would recommend.

Hi, Thanks a lot fpor these comments. Send us your friends we'll take good care of them See you soon St Chris Canal team

Kinda wild

• 15th Mar 2014

Cool!! Thanks for the grades. Is that a good thing for you? Any suggestions? See you soon St Christopher's team

Very clean and nice. The only thing we didn't like was how far it was from the train station.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7