St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Only stayed on night. Good free breaky, big comfy beds with lockers and curtains with own light and charger, big bar and food area, massive hostel rooms and close to a metro, but could be closer. But out of the way, the gare de Nord one was more central. But all in all a good hostel for the price, esp for Paris.

Lovely hostel, would recommend it to others.

• 1st Sep 2015

Rooms need aircon!!

Thanks for your comments, it can get rather warm in Paris over the summer and we open all our windows up at this time of, unfortunately we will not be able to implement an A/C unit into the rooms but we do have some cold air entering the rooms from our air system. St Christopher's Inn Canal

Definitely not the best hostel Ive stayed at. Okay at best. Upon arrival, our room was mixed up twice. So it was up and down 5 floors with packs, 3 times. Elevator was not working. Laundry service wasn't too good. Washed our clothes fine, but dryer took 4 cycles (at 1.50euro/cycle). Also hard to meet people as the restaurant (beluchis) is open to the public. You don't know if people are staying at the hostel, or just stopping by. Great rooms though! Good size, good lockers and curtain on beds.

Very comfortable stay! Free breakfast was great. Only thing missing was a kitchen however meals through restaurant were great. Can't complain!

Lift wasn't working, apparently hasn't been for quite a while. Not in the best location felt quite unsafe at night. Hostel beds good handy having the privacy curtain and own PowerPoint.

Hi, Thanks for the review, it really helps us to improve. We have just finished upgrading our elevator - which we hope will resolve the issues we have been having! Enjoy the rest of your travels! St. Christ. Team.

The hostel was great. Good location, great food at reasonable prices, spacious rooms with curtains round the bed which was fantastic. The place was clean and staff very helpful. I did not want to leave. Paris I will be back.

Hostel was very clean pretty good atmosphere but it was over priced and very far from main attractions unfortunately

It was a bit far from certain sites but the subway was close and its easy to get around! 3 of the staff members there though we're really really rude constantly during our stay of 3 nights! It was like when we went to go ask them or talk to them we were interrupting there socializing and the one staff member actually belittled me talking to me like I was stupid over something so little. I found lots of the staff great and friendly though. Clean, good breakfast, okay showers wear flip flops!

The best hostel we've stayed at across Europe abs there's been a few! The only downside is no kitchen to use but the bar offered great meals at reasonable price. Staff were incredibly helpful especially with metro directions! Defiantly stay here again!

10/10. So clean, so well organized, great value for your money. Includes free breakfast in the bar, showers and beds were clean, rooms were big. Very impressed overall. They also give discounts to Paris attractions if you buy tickets in advance. Would definitely recommend. Seems a little far on the map, but it's not - the area is beautiful, and you were going to get on the subway anyway ;)

• 20th Aug 2015

Very clean, very nice hostel. Excellent breakfast.

Clean hostel with friendly staff. Close to the Metro and right on a gorgeous canal with lots of restaurants and a supermarket nearby. The wifi worked well everywhere. I liked that the beds had curtains for extra darkness and some privacy. The under bed lockers were big, but inconvenient for those whose beds were right next to the door. There were plenty of showers and toilets on my floor. The bathrooms need more power outlets so you can use a hairdryer in there and not wake up your roommates.

Good Hostel located not far from the underground. Makes it easy for traveling. Has coin-op laundry(€3/€1.5), computer access and foosball table in chill area. Usually have something going on in the evenings(welcome drinks, beer pong), so it is very easy to meet people as a solo traveler. Also has wifi, but service wasn't the greatest on the 5th floor. Nice curtains for each of the beds(which lead to there usually being someone sleeping at all times, but w/e), and each bed has light/usb/wall plug

The hostels best features is def. The rooms, I have never had such a big room in a hostel before, wich was really nice since i was in a 12 bedrom dormetory. A Nother nice fature were the fact that you can sit by the riverbank and eat you breakfast, drink coffe, wine..(: The only downside, It was qite noicy at night, bec . My dorm Were on first floor, and right above the bars enterance and a busy road - Windows had to be open All the time (or Else the room would get to hot), so not Best sleep.)

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Denmark

It's great to see that overall you had a good stay, we hope that you will come back and see us soon. We will make sure that we always have stock of our free earplugs so you can avoid some evening distractions happening outside. We're pleased to see you enjoyed the rooms and our great location. St Christopher's Inn Canal

i love my stay in the hostel-good bed-so comfy-good location-

The lift the was broken at the time which sucked and I feel like the rooms need some sort of aircon or fan in them as they get way too stuffy even in the cooler months. I also feel it is a little overpriced considering how far out of Paris it is and compared to other hostels.

Great hostel with a bar and lounge on the first floor it was easy to meet people, also the staff was nice and helpful, offered to check trains. Good deal for solo travelers!

Pretty far from everything, but nice if you don't want to be in the centre. The staff care more about their bar then the actual hostel which is annoying. And the bar is really pricey as well. It was clean, but for my money I would try somewhere else next time I'm in Paris

It's quite a pricey hostel, and without a kitchen, it was a bit disappointing, but that's about the only negative. The rooms are fantastic, curtains to give yourself some privacy/space, large lockers under the beds, and charging ports at each bed. Bathrooms were clean and good. It's a fair way out of the city, but Paris is massive, so that's to be expected. Close to metro, and the trains are super easy to navigate. Breakfast was good, and common / chill areas and computers were really handy.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7