St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Gross! Tacky 'art' smelled like sour beer. Everything outdated. Come on this is Paris.

• 12th Nov 2014

Awesome hostel. The bar downstairs and the staff had great energy. It felt sort of like living in college dorms, if that's what you're looking for. Very clean and nice for what you're paying for though! AND breakfast and maps! A bit far away, which is my only complaint, but then again I didn't have time to explore the area so much. Would still recommend.

It had a great atmosphere! Though it is pretty far from the city center, it is easy to keep busy within the hostel. They have a "chill" room, a bar, and a very friendly staff. They changed my room for me when I felt awkward in the one I was assigned to. The beds have curtains for privacy and you have to bring your own lock for the storage underneath, but I felt my property was secure without it.

For the price you pay, you expect to stay in one double private room in line with some basic standards. The strong smells could have made you run out of the room holding your nose the first night. Fortunately, the staff was friendly enough to change our room the second day. Yet, you are likely to find a double room (with private toilet) in similar/better conditions at the same price

Very close to the Metro station which will get you to the touristy spots in Paris. I felt safe in this area. The bar downstairs was amazing! Housekeeping staff were polite. Breakfast was good.

good hostel, great atmosphere in the bottom floor. Best free breakfast ever.

Very nice to have a towel included in the price for those of us who haven't brought a full sized towel. Great breakfast and really helpful staff.

I've been travelling for seven months and this is the worst hostel experienced I've had. On the first day I checked in and was allocated a bed which was already taken. Had to go to reception and have my room swapped. That night I didn't sleep due to very rude roommates (no fault of the hostel itself). The next night I saw mice in my room so changed rooms again, only to wake the next morning covered in bedbug bites. Was offered no apology until the next day when I complained to a different person

번잡하지 않은 주변역이라 좋고 어디든 가까워요. 홍콩같이 금방감 옆에 초밥집 있어 좋았어요. 아침은 바게뜨 질리게 먹음 설거지가 찜찜함 가격도 젤 싸서 좋고 침대마다 개인커튼이 최고입니다. 아닌곳 가면 불편 느껴요. 대형 체인이라 관리잘되나 밤에 시끄러운 경우가 많음. 룸메탓이지 어딜가든 대형에 커튼 있는곳 가세요. 빨레방 코인 거스름돈 안주고 늦게 돈 넣으면 돈 먹음 근처 슈퍼 빵집 다있음 다시가도 갈만한곳

• 31st Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Great atmosphere Friendly staff Definitely recommend

A terrific hostel, super friendly staff who were very helpful and knowledgeable. Nice spacious rooms and great bar area. Would recommend this hostel to everyone!!

There was no toilet brushes

• 30th Oct 2014

I loved my experience at the St. Christphers! The staff were friendly and helpful 9/10 times, and there was always something to do. The only bad side was that I had an allergic reaction to their sheets which is why I decided to switch to anther hostel which was a shame.

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Bahamas

Hi Thank you for your review. Great to here that you enjoyed your stay, and that we were able to contribute to your over-all experience. Very unfortunate that our sheets gave you an allergic reaction and caused you to leave. I hope this doesn't stop you from coming back to stay with us in the future. Or if it does, please come in and visit the bar for a drink and to say hello. Good luck with your travels and future endeavours.

Very nice staff. In an okay location, close to metro and stores. Sitting out by the canal - definitely a plus. The toilets on the fifth floor always smelled awful when I went in, and the showers looked like they were never cleaned. The curtains were definitely a bonus in the dorms, however mine was ripped in several places and needed to be replaced. Girl in my dorm also got bed bugs - was blamed for it by a staff member and no one in the dorm would have been told if she hadn't said anything.

Great atmosphere, loved staying there :) everyone is really friendly and willing to help.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

Hi Thank you for your amazing review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back again soon.

If you have stayed at a St. Christopher's before it is pretty much the same vibe. Except this one had a common room with a microwave. Good beds with lockers under each bed. Showers and toilets on each floor and breakfast included. Good bar atmosphere at night downstairs in Belushi's bar. Close to metro which gets you everywhere you need to go. Would stay here again as it was cheap and good value for money.

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write this great review. All the best, and we hope to see you again soon.

I was lucky to go mid week so the price wasn't too high so value for money was good. But st Christopher's everywhere are not single traveler friendly. It's just a big Unhomely place to sleep. Comfy beds and things though so that was good. This hostel would be fun with a group of friends or if you get lucky and have cool people in your room. Not the case for me.

Hello, Thank you so much for taking the time to put this review. We hope you come back and we'll be able to provide a better atmosphere than before!

a kitchen would be nice

Hi Thank you for your Review. We have a full Restaurant where hostellers recieve 25% off food and with 350 beds in the hostel we believe it would be impossible to be able to Maintain a hostel Kitchen. Take care, safe travels.

The hostel was much cleaner than I had expected based on other hostels I've stayed in, and the location near a metro stop was convenient for exploring Paris. The staff were all really friendly and helpful whenever I talked to them. The pub downstairs was also really convenient for dinners whenever I got back early or just for hanging out.

• 24th Oct 2014

Hello, Thank you for this great review! we hope you come back to us soon enough!

wifi connection was not stable, I got kicked off a lot. rooms were average. breakfast in the morning was good.

Hello, Thank you for your comment! It came to our attention that the WIFI is unstable and we are currently working on a permanent fix. I hope that does not affect the possibility of your return.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7