St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Great room, excellent ultracool location, amazing price. Lovely staff.

I want to say special thanks to the two employees who were working on those evenings Guillaume and Mariane.

• 11th Apr 2015

Thanks you for the review! Guillaume and Mariana are some of the best people we got, glad they were able to help you out!

Greeted by friendly staff when I enter the hostel. Generous breakfast. Comfortable sitting area for free breakfast or meals. I like the big curtain on every dorm bed, you got slightly more privacy, other guesthouses should consider this simple yet useful add-on. Fast wifi, probably one of the fastest among the hostels in Paris.

Thank you for your wonderful review! The breakfast is one of our proudest features (curtains being a close second). Hope to see you again soon!

Disappointed by the the hostel. For the price, I would have expected better facilities. I was in a six bed shared room and had to share 1 bathroom with the entire corridor. Every morning, the bathroom was flooded making the process of taking a shower unnecessarily frustrating. The rooms themselves smelt like sweaty socks and could have done with a bit of cleaning. The only plus points were that the staff was very friendly and the hostel is located next to the metro station.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • India

Nice friendly setup

We had a wonderful stay, it was very easy with the online-checkin before. It is a little bit difficult with the parking situation, but there is a parking house a few meters down the road which offers a price of 25 euro for the weekend which is okay! We had mold on our room-ceiling which was the only thing to complain about, and the boys bathroom was flooded. The girls room was clean. We really liked the atmosphere!

• 10th Apr 2015

So great to hear you had a nice stay! I'm sending you an email to find out where you saw mold so we can make sure it's been cleaned up and sorry about the guys bathroom, our renovations are coming to an end so that will soon be a problem of the past! Hope to see you again soon.

We just got back from our stay and it was amazing! Definitely coming back asap. Special mention to Reece, the Aussie bar manager - his hospitality and humour made the stay 10x better. Thanks again!!

• 9th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

So glad you a great time! Reece is crazy in all the best ways, a big part of why the bar is as much fun as it is. Hope to see you again soon!

The thing I loved most is that you have "normal pillows". Not the weird chunky ones like you get in other hostels. Thank you!

Great place to stay. Only issues were people outside at all hours yelling and drinking, which sucked after a long day. Also wifi in the rooms is very weak and you have to be on the ground floor to get proper reception.

Glad you had a good stay! We'll talk to security, make sure people are being quiet and I have very good news about the wifi, our system is being upgrade very soon, by the time you come back we'll have the best wifi in Paris!

The overall stay i had was great. However, there is only one crucial things to enhance the overall experience which is the wifi connection. It was so weak that it doesnt really work at the room. You have to go to the "chill room" and use the computer instead if you have important things to sort out. But bear in mind there is only 3 computer and most of the time are occupied. Other than the wifi, the room and cleanness are great.

Nice staff who are helpful but the hostel itself is far from most of the things people go to do in Paris. Also the bar downstairs is expensive and since it's so large i found as a solo traveller it was hard to meet people other than those I was sharing a dorm with. Beds were good and the lockers under the beds were secure which I liked too.

Absolutely fantastic hostel, great location not far from Laumiere metro station. Staff are approachable and very helpful. We stayed in a 12 bed female dorm, very clean and lots of space. Lots of information regarding local attractions and tours, walking tour picks up there which is also great! Would highly recommend staying here :)

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Wales

Thanks so much! I'm glad you took advantage of all we have! Hope you can come back again soon!

I really enjoyed my stay here. The bunk with two sockets, a personal light and a privacy curtain was a nice touch. I only wish there was a fridge for guests and a computer with a USB port. I wanted to back up my pictures but couldn't.

Thank you for your review, so glad you had a great time! We'll have to keep that in mind for the next time we do a computer update, good idea!

Great hostel with really friendly, fun and helpful staff. Great that's it's near two metro stations and lovely location on the canal. Clean rooms and facilities, really enjoyed my stay!!

• 7th Apr 2015

Thank you so much! We try to do our best and glad we were able to help you have a great time in Paris!

Its on a quiet neighbourhood near Lumiere metro station. really easy to find once u follow their directions. The canal front is definitely way more scenic than their other offering at the main train station. With a bar and club inhouse, you won't get bored in the night. Its a hostel afterall, so deal with the noise. Making friends couldn't be easier. Hosts at the reception were precise, friendly and helpful. Ask and you will get answers. Very patient and most can speak English.

Staff was friendly, location wasn't central, but it was cool t be right by the canal, the facts about Paris are really cool, great experience,

Glad you had a good time! We love being next to the canal and it helps that we are just 15 minutes from the Louvre by metro. Come back soon.

Great place to stay. The staff was very friendly and accommodating when we asked to get early breakfast before leaving. All around, it was a very good experience!

• 4th Apr 2015

So glad we were able to help you out! Come back again any time!

I'll start with the only negative comment - I've stayed at this hostel before but have to admit the upkeep (particular in the washrooms/showers) has gone downhill. A little too much of a college dorm approach to bathroom cleaning. Otherwise, this place is great! Bring a padlock for an excellent place to keep you bags safe in your dorm. Great bar, great club, great food. and lovely location - it might not be in front of the Eiffel Tower but the neighbourhood feels safe and is very beautiful!

Overall a good hostel, wifi didn't work on some floors, no kitchen was a little let down and the pub prices became expensive after 10 even as a guest. Location is good near the metro.

Good transport links, nice area, friendly and helpful staff.

Thank you so much! I'm glad you had a great time and I hope you'll come back again soon.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7