St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Only complaint is that the toilets/hallways constantly smelt absolutely horrible. Didn't feel that clean after a shower.

This hostel is ok. The location is pretty cool since you are close to the canal. But its not the best neighborhood in paris. The facilities are okay but you have to share them with houndreds of guests on each floor. The elevator didnt work which was annoying since we lived on the fifth floor. One guy got stuck in there for 45 minutes. With all this said i would consider going back since its cheap. You pretty much get what you pay for.

Staff were not super helpful and did things very slowly. Cool atmosphere with the bar downstairs. They had little pieces of paper with instructions on how to get to attractions around the city which were awesome. Close to a metro but still a 20 min ride to any attraction

Very spacious, comfortable to walk around with large luggages. Personal powerpoint spots per bed was awesome

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

Only issue is one if our lockers were broken and it was not lockable

• 13th Aug 2014

Thank you for the positive feedback! We're sorry you had a problem with your locker, but we trust all your belongings were kept safe and secure and you were able to have a great time with us! The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

I've stayed in St.chris' before it's a good chain and I know what to expect. This was a nice clean hostel and the location was good, easy to find from both metro stations, crimee and laumiere :) I would stay here again because it's a good quality hostel but it lacks that cosy social vibe. I loved that they have a club downstairs but I wish they did activities so it's easier to make friends, especially for solo travellers. Bottom line, great hostel just missing that personal touch :)

I had agreat stay. Great location slightly out of the main tourist area but in a lovely area on the canal. Very close to metro straight into the city. My biggest moan is out room door didn't lock properly so you had to double check ALLL the time. My smaller moan is the Internet service was very unreliable. Otherwise a cool place. With a bar, good breakfast and other facilities were very good.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

The wi fi was terrible each 5 minutes you hace to connect again The garbage of the guests of the last week stayed in the room until the day i left You got charged for the lockers and the machines doesnt give any change so if you hace to pay 5 ando you instert 6 you lose your money The breakfast has only one choise sándwich The bath was flooded The staff was really nice The hotel its ideal to party there are discountsnof drinks

Nice big hostel with loud bar downstairs. Easy to get to the center by metro and much easier to get to nord and est railway stations. Few supermarkets and restaurants around. Friendly staff, comfortable beds, clean restrooms.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Russia

Hi there, Thank you for the great feedback! We're glad you enjoyed your time at St Christopher's. The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal

It was probably a one off thing, but they double booked my bed, which was very irritating. In addition, I left a towel to dry in my bunk but when I returned at the end of the day it was missing.

Had a nice stay at this hostel pretty much did what it says on the tin, really good place to meet poeple and socialise but not the cleanest place. The bar staff were cool and hopefully the polish/Canadian girl Eva will add me on FB didn have a chance to speak to her again before I left! Dominic Phillips :)

Good vibe here among travelers! Hostel in General could do with some maintance especially the dorms..

• 10th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

The WiFi was horrible. And my.friends phone was stolen out front of the hostel and the staff didn't care at all and weren't very helpful

• 8th Aug 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us! It's never nice to here about theft, and whilst there is not always a lot we can personally do in those situations we sincerely hope you able to file a police report and take the necessary steps to having the phone replaced. In regards to the wifi, we don't usually have many troubles, however the servers may have been temporarily down and we apologise for this. We really appreciate the feedback, and we hope to see you in the future!

I only stayed here for one night. The location is not ideal - far from major sights - but the metro is straight forward. The area is quite modern for Paris with lots of locals out around in the evening. It felt more authentic than some areas in central Paris (where I also stayed). The hostel was very clean and new - 6th floor had amazing views. The beds were creaky. The bathroom door didn't shut because the tp dispenser is in the way (bad planning). Breakfast mediocre, loud downstairs at night.

• 7th Aug 2014

wifi would only work in the dorms...no access downstairs in the common room where you would have more chance to use it

• 7th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Hello, Thank you so much for your feedback about the wifi, we do have a different wifi connection for downstairs which is perhaps why you had trouble getting a signal? We're so happy you enjoyed everything else about the hostel, and we very much hope to see you again in the future!

Hostel was close to a metro station, they have abar and restaurant which is good , music a little too loud, wifi was not so good on the 2nd floor . The club downstairs is ok. Close to a canal which is cool. The beds have a cover for privacy and thd lockers are big. We took a trip to Versailles with transportation included. Staff are friendly and they have a security at the front at night. Showers were fine .

Shower rooms and toilets weren't clean enough, but it is hostel, so it was predictable. We really enjoyed our stay in St Christopher's Inn Canal. thank you for that.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Russia

Thank you for the great feedback! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future. The Team a St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Good hostel with great facilities and fantastic atmosphere. Only complaint is it gets really hot in the rooms as no fans or aircon, and windows only open a little.

Thank you for the great feedback, we're glad you had a fantastic time with us! It's true during the hottest times of the year the rooms can get a little heated, but we always have fans available at reception to help make things more comfortable for you! The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal

The rooms and bathrooms needed some work, there are shared toilets/showers on every floor. They do not have a kitchen which was inconvenient at times.Dispite the facilities themself I recommend this property on the social aspect alone. The hostel is perfect for meeting and hanging out with new people. They have a club open on the weekend until 5am, the bar itself closes at midnight. The food was actually really good as well and you get a discount. It's close to the metro line 7 which is perfect!

Hi there, Thank you so much for all your great feedback about your stay with us! We're well aware some of our bathrooms/showers aren't in perfect condition, we're currently undergoing maintenance on these so we'll have them in great working order asap. We very much hope to see you at St Christopher's again in the future! The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

The best hostel that I have stayed at. Rooms were amazing, location was great, staff were amazingly helpful... 10/10 Would and will stay here again.

Thank you so much for giving us such a great review! We're pleased you'll be staying with us again in the future and we wish you all the best on your future world travels! The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7