St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

This was my first Hostel experience and I have to say, everyother hostel pales in comparison. The staff is amazing the people this place attracts are unbelivable. We had 15-20 people who had all just met and spoke all different languages dancing salsa and whatever else by the canal together until 4a. If you like to run in the morning the canal is a great place to do it. There are markets nearby (no kitchen in the Hostel but a bar and restaurant) and great food nearby!

There was an initial issue with my room already being occupied eventhough I had already checked in online. A room switch had happened as someone had asked for beds together but it was sorted out by the receptionist once the server was updated very courteously. The stay as such was excellent and I had no issues.

• 23rd May 2015

Sorry about that initial confusion, but glad we got you sorted out well and you had a good time!

We stayed there for days n the lifts didn't work for all the days. Which meant that we had to walk all the way to the 6th floor each time we wanted to use the room. The WiFi didn't work in the hostel room with at all staff said the connection is bad. Last time I stayed there the stay was great therefore I booked it again n brought some friends with me. Disappointed when asked for a room change.

• 22nd May 2015
  • India

Very nice place, a little distant from city center, but accessible by metro. best part is the atmosphere easy place to meet people especially if you are traveling on your own

Glad you had a nice stay! We aren't in the very center, but that lets us be just next to the canal and nothing is more Parisian than spending the day making friends and drinking by the canal!

Quite noisy, even from the 4th floor, but that's big cities for you. Some really disruptive hostel patrons, but again, you get that in hostels. I can only hope they were dealt with appropriately by the hostel.

When people are not respecting others we won't stand for it! but for the noise of the city there is not much we can do, but we will give you free ear plugs to help out :) Just ask at reception!

We were on the 5th floor & the lift wasn't working!

We know! We're really sorry about this and are doing everything we can to get it fixed. Ask at reception and we'll carry your bag up for you!

Amazing hostel , bit far from the main attractions of Paris and on the pricier side. The facilities you have kind of make the price justifiable though!

• 21st May 2015
  • New Zealand

Glad you enjoyed yourself! We try to do all we can to keep you having fun the whole time!

Awesome, awesome hostel. The atmosphere is great- a ton of things to do and get social in the hostel. The location is beautiful by the hostel- it's a metro ride away from all the tourist spots if that's your vibe. The staff is very helpful and can provide a lot of suggestions for activities

Huge, but still nice hostel. It´s located next to a canal, supermarkets and a metro station are within walking distance. The staff spoke english and was very helpful. Even though I slept in a 12 bed dorm, it was very spacious. Bathrooms are fine, there are enough hot showers and toilets. You can do your laundry for a really good price. Breakfast was good, too.

Glad you had a great time! We try make it a relaxing time without too many headaches. The breakfast is my favorite thing we have, it's so good! And cheap washing is a nice touch ;)

Enjoyed my stay here. Staff is very friendly and fun. PLace is a little away from the main areas, but the views of the canal are beautiful and the metro is easily accessible. Two things: elevator was broken, and wifi was a bit dodgy in the actual bedrooms, but overall I enjoyed my stay here. :)

We're working on the elevator and the wifi and fixes are coming soon! So glad to hear that you had a good time all the same!

The one thing about these chain hostels (esp St. Christophers) is that they try to wrest control of your money at every opportunity. If you come at 1:55pm, you can't check in and instead pay 5 euros to use a locker to store your luggage. You should be out of your bed at 10:00 exact. It is this insistence which isn't wrong, but ain't much right either. No major complaints apart from the lift not working (had to walk 5 floors everytime!!)

We're working on the lift and are hoping that it will be better soon, but in the mean time just ask reception and we can help you with the bags. Sorry if we are a bit of sticklers on check-in and check-out, but housekeeping has a big job ahead of them each day so we try help them out!

Loved the restaurant/bar on the 1st floor. Very cool environment. Free breakfast is always amazing. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Well then you better come back! Our breakfast is my favorite thing about us, except maybe our location along the canal!

The lift did not work. Not able to carry both cases to 5th floor. So used a locker. Would of liked a view of the canal. Although after looking at it I don,t think we missed much, it resembles an open sewer

• 14th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

We're sorry about the lift, but we are trying to make it work! Reception will be more than happy to carry up your bags! You must have caught the canal on a bad day, usually it's one of the most peaceful parts of paris!

We really enjoyed our time at this hostel, especially because of the great staff and the bar downstairs. It was a little far out of the city for us, about 30 minutes on the metro. Also our shower smelled dirty and made our room smell like dirty water. This wasn't something that ruined our stay at all it was just a bit weird. overall, great stay and I'll be sure to check our their second location next time I'm in Paris :)

Sorry about the showers, we had a problem with the pipe, but got it fixed now! We aren't next to the louvre (but are 15 minutes away by metro), but we think this is one of the nicest parts of the city! We're right next to the canal and just minutes way away from the most beautiful park of paris, Butte Chaumont!

Didn't realize going there that it was a party hostel. Not really my thing. They have pay lockers downstairs if you need to leave valuables for a few days. Makes me feel realllly safe when leaving my very expensive laptop behind. But I heard more stories of theft around the hostel (rooms) than other hostels ive been in, so be careful. I guess it's more of a problem there with the amount of people they have. Their breakfast is pretty nice.

Sorry if the bar was a bit too wild, but we give out free ear plugs to help with noise. We do all we can to stop thieves, but that is why we have lockers for every bed that are free to use, you just need to bring a padlock (or get one from reception). The breakfast is one of our finest qualities I believe!

St. Christopher's is the first hostel I've ever stayed in. I was blown away by how at home we felt the whole time and how much fun we had there. Facilities were clean and the bar/club were a great time. The staff was especially welcoming, specifically Laith, one of SC's bartenders who went out of his way to make our time more enjoyable. I would recommend this hostel to any of my friends!

• 13th May 2015

Laith is a positive light in our hostel, I've never seen him without a smile! We think our staff is really what makes us great, so I'm glad you could enjoy your time!

The staff was awesome. They were experimenting with a cheese and wine tasting activity that really helped with socializing. A little tucked away but the location was awesome. You get to experience local culture especially even ending when locals just hang out near the canal. The rooms were not the newest but everything worked and was clean. Kitchen would have been nice but near shops to get cheap food. Away from touristy areas and touristy prices.

I don't have any complaints about my stay here. The staff are so friendly and always available. We were even given a glass of cold lemon water upon arrival because we looked so exhausted, which we were! The rooms are the cleanest, the bathrooms and showers are always clean, the breakfast is simple, but great and the staff is probably the best part! If I return to Paris again, I will always try to stay here.

• 12th May 2015

Thank you so much! We try to do all we can to make your stay great, and lemon water on hot days is part of that! I'm glad to hear you liked us and all I can say is come back soon!

Lift not fixed throughout my stay was disappointing as I was on level 5. Otherwise a nice established hostel. I liked the interesting facts and pictures framed across the walls.

• 11th May 2015

We are working on the lift, sorry that is was down! We will always help with your bags though!

Amazing staff. Nice rooms with curtains for the beds. Free breakfast (was very basic) 25% off the food in the bar, which was very nice. Good burgers! No longer than 30mins from any main train station with metro. A bit out of the center, 45mins from the Eiffel Tower. But metro tickets are cheap. Very recommended!

Hi there, thank you for your words. Good to hear you liked the facilities of the hostel, and we'll definitely pass on the compliments for the burgers to our chef! We are happy you could eventually see the good side of our location. In the summer, it is also very nice to take a drink at the canal next to the hostel. Feel free to come back soon and to have fun with us again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7