St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Stay at St. Chistopher's Gare du Nord instead, it's so much nicer and cleaner. St. Christopher's Canal Street was gross: very unclean toilets, showers, stained sheets, dirty tables at the restaurant. ZERO wifi anywhere, ever. Unless you're here traveling with your frat buddies, really miss playing beer pong at home and are under age 24, don't even bother.

• 25th Jul 2014

Atmosphere is good, lively bar area with seating over looking the canal. A bit out from the main sites but only 5min walk to metro station. Very expensive hostel, although everything in Paris seems to be expensive.

The beds are comfortable and the wifi good. Although there is loud music in the bar until late, I didn't hear it when in my dorm on the first floor. The hostel is a little far from the city centre and many of the big attractions, the metro is close by and easy to use. The bathrooms were kept clean. Expect to wait a while at check-in/out as there are always lots of people coming /going and only one or two people on reception. expect to pay to store luggage before check-in or when changing rooms.

A bit far away from downtown Paris but close to metro. Check-in process takes way too long. Spacious dorms and clean facilities.

Really nice place, slightly far from the centre, not too bad though. Terrible wifi though, didn't work for me at all

• 19th Jul 2014

I was checked in and given a keycard to our private room, however I found it already occupied. Sorted by reception. The room's door would not lock from the inside, one night we had a man come into our room at midnight. Our balcony door also would not lock - a huge safety issue as the balcony could easily be climbed from the outside. Only 1 locking female shower for whole corridor, and 2 (UNISEX) toilets for 20+ rooms. Taps leaking loudly all night. Bed bugs. Wifi was useless. I could go on..

• 19th Jul 2014

Great hostel but no fans or air in rooms would make me reconsider staying here again!

I stayed in a 12 bed dorm. The atmosphere and the offers of the hostel are very huge (integrated bar/restaurant/club, laundry facility, etc). Free Walking Tour is starting every day in the hostel. Very kind and helpful staff. Location is okay, metrostation in 5 mins walking distance. Due to renovation works the toilets in my floor were closed so it was necessary to walk down in the basement. And the showers smelled bad. Breakfast is included and very nice. All in all, a great place to go!

Good place to stay easy to get to everything

I would recomend this hostel definitely. Evrything was excellent.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Poland

This hostel has a great, social environment and a good free breakfast. Not super quiet or cozy, but fantastic if you want to go out and meet people!

Need aircon or a fan in the rooms. They get extremely hot during the summer months, making sleeping very uncomfortable.

• 17th Jul 2014

Very much an anglophone oriented place. If that's what you're looking for, then great. Amazing location by the Ourcq canal which is such a nice place to go and relax outside on the grass. Had power outlets by the beds in my room (604). Friendly staff. Nice breakfast. Room and hallway smelled funny so we opened the windows which made it fine. I didn't try the bar/restaurant, american style so if that's what you want then great, I went out to eat instead, but it looks very good nonetheless.

The "Wal-Mart" of hostels: this place is huge and offers so much! We had fun in their bar, and the vibe makes it really easy to meet international friends! It is only 2 blocks from the Crimee metro station, which will take you to all of Paris's hotspot. The free breakfast wasn't special, but that is expected of any hostel.

HooOoooO, Thanks a lot for your review. At the begining when I started to read your review and I saw "the Wal Mart of hostel" first I laugh then I thaugh you will not be happy of your stay but then I understand why you compared it to wall mart. So a big Merci. Cheers, Manon St Chris Paris.

For the size of the place its good. its clean and comfortable. There is always plenty of people hanging around to talk to and its a short walk from a metro station or there is hire bikes basically at the from door... I stayed here twice, the first time the internet worked my room the second time it didn't, thats all I got. Get there.

This hostel has a fantastic atmosphere for partying (bad though if you enjoy sleep). Huge facilities, everything a backpacker could need, however sadly not maintained well. The rooms were sweltering hot, which meant leaving the window open for loud drunk voices, flies and Mosquitos to enter at night. Also other than bed change our room was not properly cleaned for our entire 6 night stay. The hostel could be amazing but fell short of the mark unfortunately.

• 13th Jul 2014

I ended up going to and from the hostel via a different metro station which was much easier than the one suggested on the directions email. Staff were helpful, showers etc clean. Definitely recommend.

The staff here was extremely friendly and made the visit very well worth it! The deals on drinks, the club in the basement and our ever changing roommates were great also. Bunks are private and have good lockers. I would come back in a heartbeat.

Awesome place to stay, has a cool bar with a good atmosphere, everything you need and pretty easy to get to places from there

Each bed has its own power socket, light and curtain for privacy which is great. there is also a cage under the bed to secure your luggage. Breakfast included is simple but ample. If only it was located closer to city!

• 9th Jul 2014