St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Hostel was located quite far from all the sights and attractions but was close to a Metro stop. Really new and updated so was very clean and had a lot of amenities. Only problem was Wifi which was not working from my room - had to go down to the common area every time. The staff also made an error in booking my airport transfer. Room was also ridiculously hot and there is no A/C!

The breakfast was great here. The staff were friendly and helpful with making bairport transfers and tours. Bathrooms were clean and spacious. The 8bed female dorm had lots of floor space and a small sink and mirror in the room too.

Great hostel. Good vibe for solo travellers as the bar is always pumping. MAKE SUEE YOU BOOK IN ADVANCE so many people got turned away. Great beds with a private curtain (score) and great location. Many people say the area is "dodgy" but it's not at all. Close to metro, canal next door which is nice for a wine and picnic. Would stay again. Can be very pricy in high season/weekends.

Thanks so much for writing such a great review for us! We're always stoked to hear you loved the vibe and managed to have a great time in our downstairs bar. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind Regards, The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Awesome location on the canal, not massively central but only about 25 minutes on the metro from most major sights. Free breakfast was delicious and an unexpected bonus! Only slight issue was that dorm doors occasionally didn't close properly (the automated locks would kick in so you couldn't shut the door) but the hostel felt pretty safe on the whole so it wasn't really a problem.

There was a mix up with beds and on my return my bed had been remade and someone else had checked in. I had left my toiletry bag, big bag of clean clothes, travel pillow and phone charger on my bed all to which had been removed (obviously by the cleaner) and never to be seen again. I had to deal with 4 different staff members and was not impressed when they said none of the cleaners knew nothing about the situation. They dealt with it very poorly. Also drains in toilets and showers stink.

• 7th Sep 2014

The internet in the computer rooms should have been free! The lockers required a HUGE pad lock for the lockers under the bed. Carrying such a big / heavy locker isn't practical.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Pakistan

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. The Wifi in our entire complex is completely free, it's just the actual computers we charge for in case you don't have access to a phone/tablet/laptop. And we do have padlocks available at reception for our under bed lockers. We realise they may be larger than a usual luggage lock however it does ensure optimum security for our guests. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you at St Christopher's again soon! The Team at St Christopher's.

Good hostel, but the rooms can get a bit hot during the night.

We're glad you had a great stay with us! For future reference fans are available from our reception desk for those nights when it gets a little too hot. We hope to see you again in the near future. The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Maids were surly and unfriendly. I never knew when they'd be coming to clean the bathroom or sweep the room and so I felt like I was always accidentally in their way and they weren't too nice about it. Maybe they could hang signs on the bathroom doors saying they are cleaning or what times they're in there so no one gets in their way.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Hi there, Our cleaning staff will come to clean your room at a specific time of day depending on if you're in a dorm or a private room, usually between 11-1.30pm unless you request them not to. We do have signs for you to hang up if you don't wish to be disturbed, but we love your suggestion of the sign for our staff, thank you! We're glad you had a great time with us and we hope to see you again soon. The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Location a bit far out of the city and away from main sights of Paris but the metro station is close by and easy to use. Room was spacious and the pod style beds were great as they added privacy and comfort.

Thanks for the great feedback! The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Was only here for one night but thought the vibe downstairs in the common areas and the bar was really good.Rooms were clean as were the communal bathrooms.Directions given to the hostel were easy to follow and hostel was easily accessed from the metro.Area that the hostel was in seemed at times a little dodgy but I encountered no problems.Under-bed lockers were a pain when on top bunk in corner,had to move others luggage to access my locker.Particularly liked the privacy curtain on beds.

Just like any other st Christopher's: bar downstairs, card for elevators and rooms, good breakfast, good internet and hot showers. BAD THINGS: bad location; disgusting sewage smell from bathrooms, at least on the fifth floor; few toilets and showers in each floor (2 for girls, 2 for boys, 2 for disabled); AND horrible staff members. I needed an adaptor and they wouldnt sell me one cause I had to wait in line like the rest of (at least 20!) newcomers doing check in. Just one small favor! C'mon!

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're glad you enjoy staying with St Christopher's and we hope you will continue staying with us in the future. We do apologise for the water damage/bathrooms on the fifth floor, we are currently fixing this issue so the smell will be gone asap! And we do understand your frustration in having to wait in line but we do aim to provide the best service with a "first come first serve" attitude regardless of what our guest needs.

Bathrooms are clean but smelly. Annoying that there's no kitchen but the food available at the bar is good and breakfast is great for a hostel. The neighbourhood feels a bit unsafe at night.

Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it! We're glad you got to enjoy the food and drink at our bar and hope you had a great time with us. We also trust you felt safe and secure and didn't have any trouble in the area after dark, your security with us is one of our top priorities! The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

It was a very pleasant expereince. Staff was friendly and they had the best breakfast.

Great to hear! We always love hearing great reviews about our staff, we love them too! The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Fun hostel just expensive and the rooms are hotttttttt. But overal clean, tidy, awesome drink specials and breaky :)

Thank you so much for giving us your feedback. We do have fans available at our reception for when your room is too hot in the summer, we wish you'd been told! Aside from that we're so pleased you had such a wonderful time with us and we really hope to see you at St Christopher's again in the future. The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

There was a bit of a mix up with my check-in where the staff had only realised I hadn't actually checked into the hostel properly until I had come down to organise an airport shuttle in my last day. Other then that - the place was awesome. At first I was a bit weary of it being too far out from the main centre - but realised that being in this part of Paris really made Paris a real place as opposed to this constantly romanticized illusion. Basically, it was nice to see the real Paris.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Overall a decent place to stay, but felt a bit impersonal due to the size of it, and there was only one set of toilets per floor, which was a pain.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Thank you so much for the feedback. We're sorry you felt our hostel was impersonal, we definitely strive for the complete opposite and always want our guests and staff to have a fantastic time together! We hope you got a chance to mingle a bit downstairs and in our club with other travellers too! The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

They didn't have soy milk for my lactose intolerant travel buddy so we went without, the shower still had the previous persons stuff in it, which tells me it wasn't cleaned, and the room was very hot at night. On a positive, the staff were friendly and helpful and the laundry was handy

Thank you for your feedback! Unfortunately you won't find soy milk in our hostel (or hardly any place in Paris I'm afraid) as we just don't have the requests for it, however next time just buy a small carton from the supermarket and we should be able to store it for you behind the bar if you really can't go without it. We always want to help where we can! And fans can be borrowed from reception i you find your room is getting too warm during those summer nights. We're glad you had fun with us!

Friendly staff, comfortable beds with curtains. Good enviroment with bar and food with discounts

Thank you for the great feedback, we really appreciate it! The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Great place to stay, easy to meet people. Just a little bit far from the Eiffel Tower and other attractions but besides that it was great

We're glad you had a great time with us! We hope you managed to see all the attractions and enjoyed Paris. The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

The door in my room had a fault when locking. if you didn't double check, the door would be open. Even the cleaners left it "open" with this fault. The internet was very slow, and only accessible in unnecessarily loud bar area (even at 9am). Went to book IDbus at reception, they told me they can't (even though they advertise they can) After booking on my phone i realized there was an error, I went for help to reception. I was rudely told, because I didn't book at reception i can't be helped.

• 25th Aug 2014