St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

I was lucky to go mid week so the price wasn't too high so value for money was good. But st Christopher's everywhere are not single traveler friendly. It's just a big Unhomely place to sleep. Comfy beds and things though so that was good. This hostel would be fun with a group of friends or if you get lucky and have cool people in your room. Not the case for me.

The hostel was much cleaner than I had expected based on other hostels I've stayed in, and the location near a metro stop was convenient for exploring Paris. The staff were all really friendly and helpful whenever I talked to them. The pub downstairs was also really convenient for dinners whenever I got back early or just for hanging out.

• 24th Oct 2014

wifi connection was not stable, I got kicked off a lot. rooms were average. breakfast in the morning was good.

Very good value for money, very good atmosphere, clean room, night club downstairs pretty cool the bar rocks...you got it I'll be back!

It's ok for a sleep.

A very good hostel.The atmosphere there every night is amazing...wouldn't change the hostel for nothing in the world.Try the bar and the club at midnight especially Friday and Sunday.Already missing it . It's clean,safe and good.Strongly recommending it.

Hello, Thank you very much for your comment! we're glad that our hostel and its staff made your stay much easier and we hope to see you coming back for another great stay!

Bit far from main sights, wifi issues when I was there aswell as no locker under my bed. Breakfast is good.

They have two St Christopher's in Paris we went to the wrong one and had to walk 20 minutes to the correct St. Christopher's. So make sure you have the right address for the one you booked. When we arrived there were a lot of kids, literally, 13-17 running around in the hallways, playing with the elevator stopping it from reaching certain floors. It was a bit annoying. The bar closes really early. But the beds are comfortable, they didn't creek, which was a first for us and they have curtains

• 16th Oct 2014

Hello, Thank you for voicing your opinion on the matter. We do have school groups coming in to stay at our hostels, and we relay to them that they have the responsibility to respect the presence of other guests in the hostel. Hope that issue did not affect your stay much and we hope for your return to our hostel!

This is the best of what you can get in Paris - I've stayed here multiple times. The beds all have their own power points and curtains (at least in the 12bedders) which is a god send and the on site bar is super convenient (if a little pricy). It's a bit far out of the centre of Paris but there are multiple metro stops nearby so it's really not an issue.

Hello, Thank you for your contribution, much appreciated! hope we can have you yet again!

A little way out of the city centre, but right near a metro line which takes your straight in (like 15 mins so nothing much). Staff seemed really cool and helpful, fun hostel atmosphere. No kitchen so the only option is ot eat at the bar downstairs - you get 25% off but its still pretty pricey (I know this is Paris) Room was pretty clean and spacious, curtains across the bed seem weird at first, but perfect for when people come in the middle of the night and turn all the lights on

Hello, You're feedback is much appreciated, thank you! Even though we are away from the center of Paris, we do have many beautiful areas in our location, including parks, restaurants, shopping areas and much more! we hope you make a comeback and enjoy our facilities again!

I had quite some troubles. I checked in on-line as I was arriving late in the evening. Upon arrival, I received my room key, left my luggage, prepared my bed, and went out. When returning (~5am), someone was sleeping in my bed, and my staff had been removed and left on the dirty floor The reason? I had been allocated to bed 501-H (but actually was 511-H) It wasn't my fault. However, the staff didn't apologize at all and were rude indeed. I was forced to change room even if there were spare beds

Mixed feelings on my second stay in 4 weeks, this time in a mixed dorm where my room smelled awful and there were stains running down the walls on the side of my bed with a filthy curtain the other side. Asked to change rooms due to 3 intimidating guys smoking pot which was billowing into our room and I was asked to pay for the 'upgrade' (though interestingly no refund was offered to me in the event of a downgrade). This chain only seems to want money - lockers, towels, phone charging, bar etc..

I really enjoyed staying in this hostel. The breakfast is delicious. The staff is friendly and welcoming and helpful. The only thing is the location. It is far away from the main attractions but it is easy to access via metro. I also love the concept of the dorms - I like that you can close and open your curtains so that if someone comes in late, they don't bother you or if you can't sleep you can keep the light on

• 7th Oct 2014

Hello, We appreciate you taking the time to write us a comment! Yet far from the main attractions, we value our location for its parks, canal, shopping areas, and much more. We are extremely glad that you're stay in our hostel proved entertaining, and we hope to see you again soon!

St Christopher's is a great setup, however if you are looking for a good nights sleep you won't get one. People running and screaming through the corridors until all hours. Ventilation in the rooms is really poor.

• 5th Oct 2014

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. We are a party hostel, yet we remind your clients to consider the well-being of our other guests. We hope that did not greatly affect your stay at our hostel, and we hope to see you back here again!

I was surprised that there was only a sheet on the bed and no bedding was offered. I couldn't fall asleep because I was cold.

• 4th Oct 2014

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to let us know your concerns. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience. We do have a well trained staff team that can help you with any problem you bring up to them. Hope that didn't change your mind on coming back anytime soon!

I stayed for 5 days, and at no point was i able to get the a solid connection tot the wifi for more than a minute. Also, I payed for cooked breakfast vouchers, but didn't get to use them all as I didn't want to be sitting around waiting until after 9am to be able to have it. It would make sense to me that if I payed for it, that I should be able to get it as early a the free breakfast.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Hello, Thank you for your contribution and voicing your concerns. It has come to our attention that there are problems with the WIFI, which is why we are currently on the path of fixing it. Following Protocols, kitchen does open at 9am, which is when you can use your vouchers. Keep in mind, these cooked breakfast vouchers are valid in any of our other locations in Europe. We are sorry for any other inconveniences throughout your stay, and we hope to have you again soon!

Positive: Staff at bar were friendly, close to metro, Negative: Bathrooms always seemed dirty, rooms were extremely noisy, French locals ended up on the platform coming through our window one night at 1 am (security threat), wifi mine as well not have existed

Thank you for your feedback! We will be sure to pass this forward as we do pride ourselves on exceptional standards of service. We apologise for the security threat, please be reassured this is certainly not a regular occurrence, and all windows in our building are intentionally designed so that they cannot be opened fully to allow anyone in unless in case of an emergency. Rest assured we take the safety of our guests as the highest priority. Thanks again and we hope to see you in the future!

this hostel was really clean. and there is a club in the hostel which is quite good and fun. but not good for someone who wants to see center of the paris because of location. It takes more than 40mins by metro.

Hello, thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think! We may be away from the center of paris, but the metro station by our hostel takes you directly to the center. It is a shame you didn't stay long enough to explore the neighborhood more, you would have found parks, shopping areas, and much more! We would love to have you again, and safe travels!

It is fine. .

Hello, Thank you for your comment and I hope you had a great stay!

My locker did not even pull out from under the bunk bed and neither of our padlocks fit on my friends locker, so we both slept with all of our belongings in our beds with us. The cleanliness of the showers was extremely questionable. The hostel is located very far out from the city centre. We booked a room very reluctantly at 35 euro a night as this was over both of our budgets .. only to find that the price had dropped by a huge 10 EURO a few days later. Not happy.

Thank you so much for your feedback. If something isn't working properly in your room just notify our staff immediately we will always sort something out for you asap. We're located less than 20 mins via Velib from places such as Notre Dame and the Louvre and also have 2 metro stations minutes walk from our front door. The rates of our rooms change daily according to the time of week and year and this is unavoidable but we hope you enjoyed yourself nonetheless and had a great stay in Paris!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7