St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Rooms need aircon!!

Definitely not the best hostel Ive stayed at. Okay at best. Upon arrival, our room was mixed up twice. So it was up and down 5 floors with packs, 3 times. Elevator was not working. Laundry service wasn't too good. Washed our clothes fine, but dryer took 4 cycles (at 1.50euro/cycle). Also hard to meet people as the restaurant (beluchis) is open to the public. You don't know if people are staying at the hostel, or just stopping by. Great rooms though! Good size, good lockers and curtain on beds.

Very comfortable stay! Free breakfast was great. Only thing missing was a kitchen however meals through restaurant were great. Can't complain!

Lift wasn't working, apparently hasn't been for quite a while. Not in the best location felt quite unsafe at night. Hostel beds good handy having the privacy curtain and own PowerPoint.

The hostel was great. Good location, great food at reasonable prices, spacious rooms with curtains round the bed which was fantastic. The place was clean and staff very helpful. I did not want to leave. Paris I will be back.

Hostel was very clean pretty good atmosphere but it was over priced and very far from main attractions unfortunately

The best hostel we've stayed at across Europe abs there's been a few! The only downside is no kitchen to use but the bar offered great meals at reasonable price. Staff were incredibly helpful especially with metro directions! Defiantly stay here again!

10/10. So clean, so well organized, great value for your money. Includes free breakfast in the bar, showers and beds were clean, rooms were big. Very impressed overall. They also give discounts to Paris attractions if you buy tickets in advance. Would definitely recommend. Seems a little far on the map, but it's not - the area is beautiful, and you were going to get on the subway anyway ;)

• 20th Aug 2015

Good Hostel located not far from the underground. Makes it easy for traveling. Has coin-op laundry(€3/€1.5), computer access and foosball table in chill area. Usually have something going on in the evenings(welcome drinks, beer pong), so it is very easy to meet people as a solo traveler. Also has wifi, but service wasn't the greatest on the 5th floor. Nice curtains for each of the beds(which lead to there usually being someone sleeping at all times, but w/e), and each bed has light/usb/wall plug

The hostels best features is def. The rooms, I have never had such a big room in a hostel before, wich was really nice since i was in a 12 bedrom dormetory. A Nother nice fature were the fact that you can sit by the riverbank and eat you breakfast, drink coffe, wine..(: The only downside, It was qite noicy at night, bec . My dorm Were on first floor, and right above the bars enterance and a busy road - Windows had to be open All the time (or Else the room would get to hot), so not Best sleep.)

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Denmark

It's great to see that overall you had a good stay, we hope that you will come back and see us soon. We will make sure that we always have stock of our free earplugs so you can avoid some evening distractions happening outside. We're pleased to see you enjoyed the rooms and our great location. St Christopher's Inn Canal

i love my stay in the hostel-good bed-so comfy-good location-

The lift the was broken at the time which sucked and I feel like the rooms need some sort of aircon or fan in them as they get way too stuffy even in the cooler months. I also feel it is a little overpriced considering how far out of Paris it is and compared to other hostels.

Great hostel with a bar and lounge on the first floor it was easy to meet people, also the staff was nice and helpful, offered to check trains. Good deal for solo travelers!

Pretty far from everything, but nice if you don't want to be in the centre. The staff care more about their bar then the actual hostel which is annoying. And the bar is really pricey as well. It was clean, but for my money I would try somewhere else next time I'm in Paris

It's quite a pricey hostel, and without a kitchen, it was a bit disappointing, but that's about the only negative. The rooms are fantastic, curtains to give yourself some privacy/space, large lockers under the beds, and charging ports at each bed. Bathrooms were clean and good. It's a fair way out of the city, but Paris is massive, so that's to be expected. Close to metro, and the trains are super easy to navigate. Breakfast was good, and common / chill areas and computers were really handy.

No fans in rooms and lift not working Needs to get atleast some fans Would stay again

This was an incredible hostel. The rooms are large with lots of space. The bar, restaurant and club are all very enjoyable and provide a great party atmosphere. I met people from all over the world and the mojitos are killer. The staff are astonishingly attentive, they spend a lot of time to really get to know their guests. If you want to have a good time in Paris I would suggest this hostel.

Spider infestation! WTF!! Rooms were a sauna in August. no a/c and window only opens slightly. Great bar, nice bed curtains.

• 11th Aug 2015

Staff were friendly and helpful. In the bar while ordering lunch, I saw an insect which did look like a small cockroach on a menu on the bar. The member of staff serving me just threw it on the floor behind the bar and looked quite worried. Certainly killed my appetite for the food I'd just paid for!

• 11th Aug 2015

The hostel was easy to get to from the metro. The dorm had curtains across the bed for privacy and the toilets were clean. The room had a lot of space as well. Wifi worked well through the whole building. Would stay again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7