St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Bellushis bar attached to hostel is quite expensive. They promote happy hours but a 33cl beer of Paris demory costs 3.5€ which is actually too costly. Rest all is very good. So, price of bar and food should be revised based on survey of Paris pubs.

• 4th Jul 2015

I liked the bar and restaurant, food and drinks are reasonably priced. The staff are good, they're really helpful. The rooms aren't bad, although there wasn't enough lockers in my room and the wifi is non existent unless you're downstairs in reception. It is located pretty far out of the city but it's near a train station which only takes about 20 minutes to get into the city.

I loved this hostel for the atmosphere! On Sunday nights they have a live band with open mic to sing or play with an artist instead of a recording. This place attracts some really cool people and has personable staff there too. Beds were clean, showers always had hot water, they give you lock boxes (more like cages) to keep our stuff in but you need yor own lock, and there's two keys you need to get into the room so security is good. I think I enjoyed the bar/restaurant downstairs the most!

Nice solid choice. Nightlife wasn't that great here but we were there on a Sunday.

We shine on Friday and Saturday, live music that is always fun.

Brilliant hostel in a lovely location on the canal and close to three metro stations making it easy to get around Paris. I was travelling on my own and the staff were very helpful and friendly. I would recommend the free walking tour of Paris that leaves every day at 10am. Food in the belushi's bar is good value for money. Alcohol I found was expensive but that's all over Paris to be honest. Hostel was very clean but room could use a fan as it is very hot and sticky at night.

Glad you had a great time! The walking tour is awesome as is our food! I know drinks are a bit expensive, but that is why we have 2 for 1 specials!

This is a nice, modern, clean hostel up at the top of Paris out of the way of most of the tourist-y stuff. There's a nice little canal and park and plenty of eateries and stores within walking distance and you're about 20 minutes from downtown via the metro. The wifi is absolutely terrible, it goes out a lot and other times is too slow to use, which is unacceptable. I marked security low because they gave someone in my room (without carding him) both a lock cutter and a new room key... bad idea.

• 24th Jun 2015

Hey, thanks for the kind words, we love our location! The wifi is being upgraded as we speak, but I have sent you an email about the situation with the lock cutters, that is not right.

This was one of my favourite hostels! I made lots of friends here and the metro is very easy to use! Also the food and drinks are so cheap and taste great!! Reception staff are very helpful also and speak very well English! However don't expect breakfast at 7:30 on the dot I had a bus to get on at 7:45 and was a little annoyed that I had to wait for the doors to open and they opened late. Other than that was a great stay!

Just a great hostel, definitely one of the best options in Paris to have a great stay. Nice guests, friendly staff, it's clean and guarded so it's safe. The hostel has a really nice terrace next to the canal which is great for breakfast or drinks in the evening.

Thank you so much for the kind review! It's great to know we could help you have a good time!

There were blood stains on the comforter (not my own), so you may want to make sure that the actual stuffing of the duvet are cleaned as well.

• 21st Jun 2015

If you are after a fast paced hostel with live bands, a night club, and many many young people, then this hostel is for you. If you like to meet people a little more chilled and a little more relaxed them you might want to pick a different hostel. Beds were great as they all had curtains. It was a good hostel.

Thank you for leaving us a review! We offer different types of events in the hostel so that there is something interesting for everyone. A part from the bar events we do a more chilled Wine and cheese picknick on the canal and a board game night once a week. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the privacy of the curtains!

Hotel lift is always broken. I have read same in reviews earlier. But the hotel seems not to care about it. Wifi is not reachable in the rooms. We have to be in lobby to use it. After a day's long sight seeing.. We prefer to lie down and use net not to take it as a separate work.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • India

Really cool hostel. Free breakfast. Nice rooms. Great location near 2 metros. Lots of activities on offer.

Hey ! Thank you for taking your time to leave a review. Im glad you enjoyed your time here. We would love to see you back next time!

Absolutely loved it. I feel spoiled, this was my first hostel on my trip and no others have been able to meet St Christopher's on service, facilities and staff! Highly recommend!

I felt that the hostel should've cost less because the location was so far outside the city. There really is not much to do near the canal except sit by the canal. The wifi did not work in my room the first night I was there, which was not good. I was traveling with two separate locks and neither of them worked with the lockers provided, and I did not want to spend five euro on a new lock from reception. I'm glad that the hostel provided breakfast, though!

Hey you, thanks for leaving a review! Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the location. The canal is really nice but it's true that it does have a different vibe than the touristy areas. To go closer to the "center" of Paris there are 2 metro stations that are just a short walk from the hostel that will take you to there in 15-20 min. And I agree with you - the breakfast is really good!

Definitely could be cleaner. The lockers were annoying because most locks don't work with them.

Thank you for leaving us a review! Sorry to hear you weren't happy with the cleanliness. We provide each bed with a locker to ensure our guests safety, if the padlock one would bring is too small we sell medium sized padlocks at reception as well!

Found out on arrival they booked out our room to someone else because they complained and instead of putting them into a hotel they gave them our room and put us in a hotel. Well I say hotel but it was barely that. It was 15 minutes away from the hostel FURTHER out of town. Run down room, mould in the bathroom and we had to pay for it on arrival. On a noisy street as well. No sleep. A massive inconvenience, disgusting experience with st christophers will never recommend their accommodation.

• 17th Jun 2015

Nice place! Super big and really clean. Found it a bit too big to easily meet people as a solo traveller. Far away from any of the attractions of Paris, but it is a 5 minute walk to the metro station, which is good. Overall good stay.

Hellohello, thanks for leaving a review! It's too bad you weren't able to meet many other backpackers - we try to offer events in the hostel such as Welcome Drinks, Game Nights and Picknicks so that it's easy even for solo travelers to meet new people. Happy to hear you still enjoyed your stay :)

I have stayed here twice now and loved it! Really close to the train so easy to get around. Each bed has a curtain and power point, they are really comfy too. Clean bathrooms and rooms. Good discounts at the bar for food and drinks. Free breakfast & wifi are also really good. You will need a large padlock for the lockers. Nothing bad to say about this place! We will be staying here again shortly :)

Hey!! Awesome to hear you like it here! We like you too! You're right, the curtains do add that extra privacy you need to get a god night's sleep. Look forward to having you back soon :)

Unfortunately the elevador was Always broken and the Wi-Fi would never work om the bedrooms, you had had to go down to the lobby if you wanted to have any sort of connection. The kind of thing you dont want to have when you stayin the sixth floor. Another terrible detail is the working of the dryer machine, only one dries effectively. Lots of people, besides me, had to stay morr than two hours and spend lots of money to have the clothes clean and dry

• 16th Jun 2015

Heya, thanks for giving us some feedback! I'm very sorry about the elevator, we're all very very frustrated about it as well - but now it has finally been fixed! I'll pass on the message about the dryers, we will try to have them fixed so people will have no problem getting dry clothes in the future. Hope you still had a good stay and met some cool people!

I had a great time!

• 16th Jun 2015
  • trenchenyk

Awesome!!! Thanks for staying with us :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7