St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

The staff was great here, they were very friendly and helpful about finding things to do during the day. The metro is decently close too. I was disappointed that the restaurant/bar area was always so dirty; Even at breakfast it looked as if they hadn't cleaned from the night before. Overall, I had a 'good' stay here. It would have been better if the girl above me wouldn't have brought guys back at night...but I guess that's a risk of staying in a hostel.

• 11th Jun 2015

I completely get why this hostel has such a high rating. It's spacious and well maintained. Although my stay was pleasant I felt that the atmosphere was very, very American which is not a bad thing but also not what I was looking for in Paris. The prices are a bit high and the location, although beautiful, is far from the center of the city. The wifi didn't work in my room at all and you have to keep pushing the shower on every minute or so. Other than that it's very comfortable and nice.

Loved it here! Great location and super friendly staff. Great vibe and wonderful people to be around. Lots of cool things to do, very traveler friendly. Great place for college kids.

The staff was great. Really friendly and welcoming and knew a bunch of information about Paris I didn't find on the Internet. They made the hostel great. The restaurant on the first floor was also pretty nice especially if you didn't want to go out. You could still have s meal and some drinks. I was disappointed in the showers and lift. The showers didn't drain (one day water was coming into the hallway) and the lift was often broke. Being on the 5th floor that was frustrating.

• 11th Jun 2015

I liked it here! I would definitely come back, free breakfast was average but I wasn't complaining because it was free. The lockers, though, couldn't fit my size lock and I needed to buy one from the hostel. Otherwise, things were fine.

Very nice hostel. I enjoyed the private beds with curtains, though they were on the squeaky side at every move. Helpful staff--one came down immediately to help when the locker wouldn't take our coins.

Breakfast sucks, no fresh fruits, only cheese and bread and canned salad fruit. The dishes for the breakfast were dirty. There is mold in the communal bathroom, cleanliness could be better in the bathrooms. I liked the very big lockers, big enough for 3 bags!

We had super noisy room mates in our dorm while we stayed here - coming in at 1am, turning the lights on and chatting loudly as if no one could possibly be sleeping at that hour. Happened a few nights so this kinda ruined our stay here for us. The breakfast is good though, and showers etc are also fine. Room was clean and no other issues. They have live music downstairs at the Belushis bar some nights which was really cool! (we couldn't hear it from our room so no issue with it being loud)

I hated how the lockers were underneath the beds. In order to get to my locker, I had to pretty much stare into a stranger's face. The lockers were also really loud to open, so I'm pretty sure I woke the guy up. Room was really clean though. The bar is really nice but also very expensive - it's not just for hostel people, open to all Parisians making it hard to meet travelers. The entire hostel was expensive. Maybe that's just because Paris is an expensive city.

I booked here after staying in another St. Christopher's hostel and it met my high expectations.Just hope they get the lift fixed soon as this was the only negative

St. Christopher's Inn Paris Canal was a nice hostel with great amenities. The hostel was quite far from most of the main attractions however the Crimée metro stop was really close by. Our 8-bed room was huge! The common areas downstairs were lively and the sushi shop next door was quite good. My only complaint is that the bathroom stalls could have been cleaned a little more and/or more regularly. Otherwise great place to stay!

Thanks for your great review! We know we aren't the very center, but we love our location next to the canal as well as the easy metro access. I've talked to the cleaning staff about the bathrooms to make sure they keeping them spick-spack!

Everything is great but you're about 13 stops on the subway away from EVERYTHING.

Staff unfriendly....internet doesn't work. Lift doesn't work...

location is very pretty right off the canal. it has many washing and drying machines. The lack of kitchen was a bit of a bummer, but the staff were funny and knowledgeable!

This hostel was AWESOME! It's so easy to find and really close to the metro. The staff was incredible, so friendly and helpful. They offer a lot of tours that leave from the hostel which is great, and the staff gave a lot of good tips for things to do/see. We were only there 1 night but the room was super comfortable, everything was clean, and they have great cages to lock up your stuff. Everyone we spoke with was willing to go the extra mile to help us out. If you're going to Paris - stay here!

This was my 1st time at a hostle, and I was very pleasant! The staff was super friendly, the atmosphere was good and the facilities were clean.

Thank you so much! We try to be as helpful as we can and make sure you're having a great time! Come back soon!

It's a very big hostel . Good restaurant at the bottom and party . Location is good , pretty close to main attraction .

Glad you had a great time! We try to keep the party going so you can have a great time!

Lively atmosphere at night. You meet some cool people here to go touring with.

It was an ok stay I guess - we just felt that the hostel wasn't even trying to be French. It was all a bit anonymous and disconcerting. Beds were nice though, and lovely location - just don't spend too much time in the hostel itself.

• 2nd Jun 2015

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your time in the hostel. it's true, most of the staff are international travelers, but we love Paris and France and that's why we stopped here. If you're looking for a bit more of the french touch, try our wine and cheese night on Tuesdays or the "Plat du Jour" which is French and delicious!

Overall a good hostel, I really enjoyed the mood, just a few things should be improved, like please change the pillows for a little big ones, or the beds make a lot of noise.