St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Power points & lights at each bed, lockable cages to store away your whole bag. Sink, mirror, table & chairs in the room. Good atmosphere in bar & hostel. Not near the main attractions but near a number of metro stops. Canal area has a great atmosphere. Free breakfast great. No kitchen but there was a kettle & microwave, a little fridge would have been nice though. Reception staff great, but some bar staff a bit rude. Toilets/showers very smelly and sanitary bin overflowing entire week there.

place was amazing. this was our first hostel on our trip and it's set the bar to high for us! you use scan cards to get into your room and floor which is pretty safe. the bar is great and pretty good competition for drinks and food prices. chill out room is good. staff were helpful printing out our tickets for us. towels provided for us was great. location was a bit of a flaw but still walking distance to the train. bring a big lock to fit the cage cuz ours was to small.

Thanks for your great review! We hope you'll be able to come back again, we're very happy to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your time here! St Christopher's Inn Canal

I really enjoyed my stay. But when I changed rooms, the bathrooms were so dirty.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Mexico

Hi Thanks for the review. Sorry the bathrooms weren't as good as they should be, we will look into that! Enjoy the rest of your travels!

Staff weren't anything special...could have been more welcoming. It sucks that there are no kitchen or facilities to make your own food. And the rooms were very hot at night without AC or fans. But overall decent place to stay

We appreciate your thoughts, it's a disappointment to see you didn't find our staff so special. we are proud of our great staff and how often we get them mentioned in a nice way. We are also sorry to see you couldn't see a list of our facilities on Hostelworld, they are usually listed when you first look at the property. We do not have a kitchen nor A/C unfortunately. Thanks for your recommendations despite us lacking this thought, we are very greateful. St Christopher's Inn Paris Canal

I just want to say thank you to the male staff member that carried my 27kg bag, 6 floors up. You're amazing :) Hostel was good as well.

• 1st Aug 2015

You are very welcome! We will do it any time until we have our elevator fixed up, which is starting today, we hope to have it back as soon as possible. St Christopher's Inn Canal

Excellent staff, breakfast, and everything. You have to take the train if you want to see París but it's awesome for the price Loved everything

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Mexico

Thanks for your great review we are pleased that you loved your stay with us and look forward to your return. St Christopher's Inn GDN

Good place to stay, I was in the 6bed w/ ensuite and was pleasantly surprised to have a 20' balcony to share only with the people in my room. The restaurant was good, although the staff seemed disorganized and their communication with each other was not that good and I was given the wrong menu and took almost an hour for my food, (and slightly expensive). I noticed that some locks on hall and room doors did not work and you could pull the door open. Other then that it was a nice place.

Except some workers, most of them don't realise people are CUSTOMERS !

A little far away from main sites and centre but the hostel itself was amazing. Great staff, great vibe and a great atmosphere. Best atmosphere I've found in a hostel so far

staf was not serious and not honest to all people.and its not as a hostel warm and friendly.

Nice place if they keep the people who want to party the whole night and morning and talk loudly in rooms away from other people who want to sleep.

I stayed two nights at St Christopher's Inn Canal hostel. It was a pleasant stay with a good vibe. I especially appreciated the service of two Australian staff members. One lovely lady from Byron Bay. Sorry I forgot your name. Another gentleman by the name of Adam gave me some good advice also. The complimentary breakfast was better than average. I would recommend it toward a younger age group. Overall I enjoyed my stay.

• 30th Jul 2015

I had a lovely stay at St. Christophers! Super friendly staff both at the reception and in the Belushi bar(which serves lovely food 25% off for the guests). The dorm(12 bed female) was big as spacious which was lovely - curtain infront on the bed and a reading lamp and plugs at each bed. Wouldn't mind staying here again even though it was quit fare from the centre. Metro was close and cheap. All in all a lovely stay!

Really cool place, the atmosphere is awesome and its at a beautiful location.

The hotel was in a very nice location, located by the canal and only a block away from a metro stop that could easily take you to the heart of the city. The staff was extremely helpful and the free breakfast was actually good! The beds were a bit hard but still easy to sleep in and had convient outlets in the bed pod. I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel and would go back if I stop in Paris again.

• 29th Jul 2015

Location is a bit far out from the main sights but it is still in a great part of town. Staff are friendly and helpful and the breakfast is great!

We arrived a bit late to the hostel, but the staff at reception were lovely, and made us feel welcome. The room was clean, and I liked the curtains over the bunks to give some privacy. There's only sinks in the rooms, with toilets and showers down the hall. There weren't many of either to each floor, but we never had to wait or queue for either. The bar downstairs could be noisy and crowded, but the noise couldn't be heard from the rooms. Area is lovely, but not very central.

Nice and large hostel. Curtains on beds so more privacy. I stayed here twice within 2 months and the elevator wasn't working so be prepared if you're on level 4 or 5. Good free breakfast although service at the bar is quite slow, especially if ordering food. The bar has great vibes at night, with local Parisians attending for sport events or on fri/sat. Showers were spacious but the water turned off so frequently. internet was fine, you just need to sign in again when you go to your room

I enjoyed my stay here well enough, and met some lovely people. However, the public bar downstairs was always pretty busy, and people hung about outside as well, which would have been fine except that my room overlooked the street, and it was very loud with people socializing until the early morning hours (even after we closed the windows). Also, the security door on my floor wasn't working and had to be propped open during most of my stay. Would have been nice if they fixed it a bit quicker!

Absolutely amazing place to meet people. They have a great bar and nightclub. Would definitely come back here.

• 28th Jul 2015