St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Good location (not a perfect area), nice breakfast, friendly staff (helpful) speaking good English! A bit far away from the Paris tourist attractions and city centre. there is an elevator which says “out of order” but it used by staff!!! that makes it hard if your room is in fifth floor!! So I do not suggest this place if you can find a place where the elevator is in working order.

Very nice hostel! We had a good time hanging around with peeps at the lobby bar! Clean rooms, Good location and beautiful see over La Sene! i reccommend it for sure!

This hostel was great! The bar downstairs was convenient and fun! A little far from the city centre but close to a metro and only about a 15min ride to major attractions. It was clean but I would say it could use a "deep clean" like behind and under bunk beds and in corners. Had a good time there tho.

• 31st May 2015

Some of the staff were unpleasant.

Really helpful and nice girl at the reception. Liked that it was right on the canal.

Fix the lift and completely renovate the toilets and showers. The lockers are also terrible. The lockers won't lock with regular locks so you have to buy one from them. And they are metal, so they make a ton of noise. I got 3 bug bites from this place. 1 in the shower and 2 from the bed.

Nice place, the staff seemed confused quite unorganized every time I spoke to them. But conveniently located for easy access to what I wanted to see. I'd come back.

Thanks for the review, not sure what happened with staff, typically they are the best! Glad the rest of your stay went well, I guarantee if you come back we'll be 10x better!

Staff was great, bar was the best one in the locale around the hostel, which mainly has to do with the location. Location was okay for going out for the day but made going into the other districts for bars a bit tricky. Really great place overall though, made friends, would definitely stay again.

A little out of the way but super close to the metro, which you can use to get anywhere in Paris. Slept in an 8 bed dorm and it felt spacious, even had a sink in the room! The bar downstairs has great food and excellent drink specials for those staying in the hostel, make sure to ask!

Great hostel, the only thing missing is a kitchen, but in a big hostel like this that would be difficult.

Overall great! Location isnt perfect, but we did walk everywhere! there was a mixup and we had to switch rooms the last night, but not a big deal....St Christopher's never dissapoints....clean, great facilities, great restraurant...

I had great times. Many facilities were being prepared for visitors. I liked double card key system for security and personal curtains for privacy. The only thing that I want to say is the elevator should be fixed soon. Except for that I really enjoyed the time.

This was my first Hostel experience and I have to say, everyother hostel pales in comparison. The staff is amazing the people this place attracts are unbelivable. We had 15-20 people who had all just met and spoke all different languages dancing salsa and whatever else by the canal together until 4a. If you like to run in the morning the canal is a great place to do it. There are markets nearby (no kitchen in the Hostel but a bar and restaurant) and great food nearby!

There was an initial issue with my room already being occupied eventhough I had already checked in online. A room switch had happened as someone had asked for beds together but it was sorted out by the receptionist once the server was updated very courteously. The stay as such was excellent and I had no issues.

Sorry about that initial confusion, but glad we got you sorted out well and you had a good time!

It's good for the price, Paris is way too expensive!

We stayed there for days n the lifts didn't work for all the days. Which meant that we had to walk all the way to the 6th floor each time we wanted to use the room. The WiFi didn't work in the hostel room with at all staff said the connection is bad. Last time I stayed there the stay was great therefore I booked it again n brought some friends with me. Disappointed when asked for a room change.

• 22nd May 2015
  • India

Very nice place, a little distant from city center, but accessible by metro. best part is the atmosphere easy place to meet people especially if you are traveling on your own

Glad you had a nice stay! We aren't in the very center, but that lets us be just next to the canal and nothing is more Parisian than spending the day making friends and drinking by the canal!

The hostel itself is nice. The drinks and the foods are delicious and the price is reasonable. The room is clean, but the toilets could be better cleaned. The hostel itself is safe, but too noisy.

Quite noisy, even from the 4th floor, but that's big cities for you. Some really disruptive hostel patrons, but again, you get that in hostels. I can only hope they were dealt with appropriately by the hostel.

When people are not respecting others we won't stand for it! but for the noise of the city there is not much we can do, but we will give you free ear plugs to help out :) Just ask at reception!

We were on the 5th floor & the lift wasn't working!

We know! We're really sorry about this and are doing everything we can to get it fixed. Ask at reception and we'll carry your bag up for you!