St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Great place , we have a good stay and lots of fun.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

So glad you had so much fun! Come back again and we'll keep the good times going!

Everything was good, however the prices for everything were very expensive.

Thanks for your review and I'm glad you had a good stay. We know Paris is an expensive city, but we try to help a little bit by giving hostel guests 25% off food and 2 for 1 drink specials in the bar. Come see us again and reception can show you some cheap tricks for Paris as well!

Great hostel, clean and with a decent bar downstairs. The only negative if you will is the location. If you're walking there from the main sights then yes its a hike but if you're getting the train then its not an issue. Depends how late or early you're coming home. Would happily stay there again

Hi there Thanks for your great review. Next time you stay with us, you will have to check out the Great Parks and Attractions in the vicinity of the hostel. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.

Had an awesome stay! The staff here are seriously amazing! It was my first hostel stay and it couldn't have been better.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Hi Big thanks for the great review. We are very happy we could make your first Hostel stay as, amazing a your review. Come back anytime.

Location is good and safety. The room is tidy.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Taiwan

Hi there! We are happy to have made your travels comfortable. See you soon. Karlie at reception.

Nice hostel with a scenic Location, filling breakfast and nice dorms

• 1st Mar 2015

Hi there, We are so happy to have filled your holiday as much as your belly! Come back soon. Karlie

I loved my stay at St. Christopher's, the staff were so helpful and it's located close to the metro so it was easy to get to all of the major sites. There was live music every night I was there and the atmosphere was amazing. The rooms were clean and the lockers provided under the bed were large, I had no problem fitting my bag in. If you're in Paris and want a friendly and lively hostel definitely stay here, I met lots of people from all over and I can't wait to stay here again soon

Nice atmosphere.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

All the staff were very pleasant and easy to deal with. Good food.

• 25th Feb 2015

Well thank you!! We try our best. We will definitely pass on the message to our colleagues in the kitchen. Come back soon! Karlie at reception.

Love this place

Hello there, Short and sweet. Thank you very much. We would love to have you back. Karlie

Really a great stay! The location though away from major sites, metro is there to help u. I loved the ham and cheese inclusion in the breakfast as I m on gluten free diet. Their food is very tasty and the staff willingly gave me substitutions for fries and bread. Also they helped me with extending my stay. I wish the wifi was better. Overall great! Would come, back soon.

Hi Monalisa, Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that you were able to find your way in the metros, as it is a very convenient system and a good aspect of Paris. Please feel welcome to come back any time to enjoy more of our breakfast and other food! We are working on the wifi to get it better.

For the money it costs per night, I wish the wifi actually worked. And the fact that I saw a mouse in the chill out room where many of us eat is pretty disturbing.

Thanks for the review, I'm sorry your stay wasn't better. We are working to get the wifi running stronger and it should be a lot better soon. We saw the mouse too and it was not a happy ending. I'm sorry that it happened to you, but we've taken care of him.

Clean and spacious rooms with a sink, table, and pod style beds. Fun atmosphere and plenty of drinking to be done at the bar downstairs, but it doesn't substitute a kitchen. The food was sub par and the service was inconsiderate and rude. Make sure your chicken wings aren't bloody.

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to review us. We do not have a kitchen but offer 25% off at the bar. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the food. We will make sure we follow your feedback. Enjoy the rest of your travels. St. Christophers.

I liked the hostel but the last day i had a late flight so I stayed at the common room, at like 3 am i saw RATS, yeah rats in the common area, near the microwave and vending machine, happy i didn't heat up anything in the microwave.

Hello, We are very sorry you had to experience this. With construction nearby, we have recently had some uninvited visitors... However, the exterminator has come by and they have been... taken care of. The reception team.

The hostel is far from the famous places to visite. You have to pay 2 euros for the key, but if you dont leave before 11h, you dont receive your money back, and nobody advise you about it. I did a reservation one month in advance and paid 10 euros more per each day than if I had have booked directly at the hostel. The are mouses running on the floor of the lounge and vending machine.

The location is a bit outside the inner city at a canal, but it takes only 20 minutes by rental bycicle to the inner city or Montmartre. You may stay there if you are a bit older, but most guests are 20-30 years old.

• 17th Feb 2015

Thanks for the review! The velib bike system is a great way to get around, same price as the metro for the day! Also we are 4 minutes from the metro and then just a 10 minute ride to the louvre! We welcome everyone looking to have a great time! William

It was easy to get to, seemingly safe area. I'm a bit more of a clean freak, so I feel it needs a nice deep cleaning in the bedroom along the walls. But the sheets looked clean and the bathrooms were decent.

• 15th Feb 2015

Hello there, We are very happy to see you felt safe with us! We are definitely trying to improve the general maintenance of our hostel, so hopefully your next time around will be even better. Thank you for taking the time to write us, as your input is always helpful! Karlie

Staff wasn't really warming or maybe it was the place. Kinda felt a little bit like a burden at times when asking for directions somewhere.

Well... I really liked the hostel but nevertheless there are some things I would like to mention... - during my stay they obviously had some problems with the bathroom facilities and so the condition of the shower and toilet room for females was unacceptable (regarding cleanness and hygiene) and - the lockers in the cellar, which you are forced to use if all safe deposit boxes in your own room are already used, are incredibly expensive!

• 31st Jan 2015

Hi there, We are happy to hear that you really liked the hostel. We do apologise for the conditions in the female toilets during your stay - we are constantly trying to renew and refurbish our facilities and services so that we can improve our guests' experience at Christopher's Inn! Best regards, St. Christopher's Inn team

I really liked to stay at this hostel! I would recommend it to everyone that goes to Paris.

Hi, Thanks for review, hope to see you again soon St. Christophers