St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

clean comfortable hostel

Amazing place, it's a little further out of town but it's a cool spot and quick bike ride into the city center which is super easy with Velibs. Everything you could need is at this hostel and the breakfast is defiantly one of the best. Staff where super nice and always helped out, good place to meet people and have fun and always super clean. P.S thanks for the upgrade guys! Defiantly made it a memorable for us.

Had a great stay at St. Christopher's. Great facilities, and they upgraded my room upon arrival. Staff was very welcoming and helpful, particularly Aqid and James. On arrival they treat you to free welcome drinks with other new arrivals, which is great for solo travelers trying to meet people. Belushi's bar downstairs is a lot of fun. Beautiful location on the canal, and just a short metro ride into the city center. Thanks for a great stay!

An institution - not the good type. Yes, the breakfast is good, but that's where the positives stop. An expensive stay in an undesirable area of Paris, overpriced bar and restaurant & no cooking facilities. First place I've stayed in that charges to store bags after check out (5€). Staff check you in, & that's about it. Any questions are met with a look of boredom & disinterest, probably the coldest bunch I've met in a while. More like a factory for travellers than a hostel, would not recommend.

We are really disappointed to read that you feel this way. We are working very hard to offer our guests the best possible time, it's such a shame you weren't able to see all of this work. As you can tell from our ratings we are usually great and apologise that you weren't able to experience our very best. Thanks, St Christopher's Inn Canal

Very helpful staff and a great security team

Clean and staff very friendly. Amazing atmosphere with the bar etc.

Killer place to stay while in Paris. Good vibe, good bed and you've got to love to the free brekky. Cheers to the lad in the black hat at the desk for helping me book Berlin for New Years. Would definitely stay again. :)

Great hostel and great location! Staff were always happy to help! And went above and beyond!! Had the best stay!

• 6th Dec 2015

Absolutely great. I was so pleased with my choice. Being right on the canal is lovely and being near the metro is a huge plus. I felt like it was really easy to get to any other part of Paris. I also really liked the people I met, thought the beds were very comfortable. The bathrooms could have been a tad cleaner but that's a minor critique. I would definitely stay here again.

Staff was helpful and friendly enough for me as a first time visitor in Paris, definitely helped me with directions to find all of the main tourist attractions. The room I was in was clean and the sink inside the room was a nice touch. I wasn't a huge fan of the affiliated bar on the first floor, very overpriced, and took up way too much space compared to the hostel lounge, leaving many people cramming into the lounge. The shower (a showerhead on the wall), often flooded the bathroom.

Close to metro. Linen, rooms and bathrooms were clean, lots of space in rooms, lift available, breakfast great, computers available, wifi worked but generally not in rooms, staff helpful. I was the only girl in a 12 bed room. Although I had booked a mixed room, in a big, somewhat impersonal hostel, I don't think it is ever a good idea for one girl to be in a room of 10 or 11 guys and if it's going to be the case, staff should inform you at the time of check in.

Great hostel overall. Very very organised and clean. Saw staffs cleansing in around the hostel all day. Very clean bathroom and showers which is a big plus when you are traveling. Relatively close most of the sightseeing spot by the metro airport and train station!

Great place with cool staff a little outside the city but close to several train and bus stations so very easy to get around

If you want to mingle with fellow travellers.... This is the place. The place is brimming with activities till 3 AM on weekends. You can party, hangout at the Belushi's bar. The rooms are big and lot of variety to choose from. Room cleanliness should be improved. But this hostel has the best hangout area among all hostels in Paris.

The staff was more than helpful and everything that the place provides makes you want to come back. The meet and greet was awesome. Kudos to Sarah for being such a big help and with making the environment so much fun. Cant wait to come back.

Aqid was fantastic. The breakfast staff was happy. And I loved coming back after a day in Paris. Thank you

• 25th Nov 2015

Really good hostel but they don't have the kitchen

My favourite hostel in Europe by far. Clean, safe, great food in the bar, but most importantly incredibly kind and helpful staff! Aqid was really great and helped me with everything and I was so grateful that he was behind the desk. He gave me directions for everywhere I wanted to go as well as recommending a whole bunch of great things to do. Thank you!!

• 23rd Nov 2015

Totally Americanized. Kind of a bro hostel. If you're coming from America to see Paris but you need to step away from the French culture at night, perhaps this is the place for you.

The hostel was very comfortable and friendly. The staff made me feel very important and they were very kind. Carolina and Gabriel were awesome!