St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Nice mix between hostel and hotel. friendly staff

Thanks so much! "Friendly staff" is one of our favorite phrases!

Best hostel in Paris! Bar is so well located on the canal locals are going and there's always a good atmosphere. Plus beds have curtains, a little thing but when you're 12 in a room nobody comes back at the same time in the night and this way you don't get woken up by cellphone lights of people at 3am.

Hey there! Thank you for the praise! A little privacy in a hostel tends to go a long way... Glad you had fun, that is what we are here for. Karlie at reception.

Staff was extremely friendly; breakfast actually included some sort of meat; bar and food was agreeable enough; my biggest reservation was that it seemed like a central hub for American travelers more than almost any other hostel I've stayed at.

We are super proud of our breakfast and think it's pretty good :) We welcome all guests, there might have been a lot of Americans when you were here, but typically we are a great mix of people from all around the world!

I was really impressed with what I was able to get for such a small amount of money. The free breakfast was a great way to start my day. The location was close to metro stops, and also had a nice proximity to the water. I was able to meet new people at their bar and club (first hostel ive been to with a club!) It was really the ideal place for the solo traveler.

• 13th Mar 2015

Thank you so much! I love our breakfast as well, I can never turn down baguette and Nutella. The bar and club are great, always fun and the bartenders make sure of that. Come back again, it's a great place to visit in a group as well!

Made my trip to Paris! The free continental type breakfast is really good with cheese and ham. Will definitely be back this summer.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • South Africa

We can't wait to see you again this summer! Sitting along the canal or going to Butte Chaumont (a park near by) are some of the best things to do in Paris during the summer and both are close by!

We had a great time in this hostel for four nights. Three of us stayed in the female dorm and two got private rooms. The hostel was very clean and convenient to the metro. The bar had live music in the evening and it was a great atmosphere. Only thing I didn't like is that the shower is on a very short timer, which can easily be reset, but is annoying .

So glad you liked our hostel! We try to keep rooms clean and comfortable and the bar fun and welcoming. The shower is set up that way to try and save water, but I'm sorry that it was a bit short!

I've been at the hostel for three days and in those three days the internet didn't work, I spoke to the Manager (in vain) because he did nothing to change the situation, the plug to charge the gadgets didn't work as well as individual light. The manager is not a person open to complaints and somewhat rude.

• 9th Mar 2015

Hi Thanks for your review. We are currently looking into the problems with the wifi, in aim to upgrade the service for you and your fellow travelers. We hope you will consider us in the future.

The staff at this hostel is out of this world!!! As soon as we walked in they were very welcoming and willing to show us the Metro maps. Very friendly and fun atmosphere. Would definitely stay again.

Hey there Thanks for staying with us, and leaving such a great review. Glad we could make your stay "Out of This World". Hope to see you again soon.

Amazing place for a hostel, can jump on a bike and get to anywhere you want to in no time at all. I can imagine in the summer this would be an incredible place to stay aswell. Staff were lovely and room and facilities were perfect. THANK YOU!

Thank you! The velib (bike rental) station right next door is my favorite way to get around Paris as well. The canal is the most lovely place in Paris during the summer, come back and visit us then!

Helpfull, with a good tip of a local bistro 150m away from the hostel. Which was really great! (the red one). Rooms were clean and good! The airoport service was handy, a pitty that there was not a small breakfast option for the early leavers towards the airport.

Hi Thank you for taking the time to make this great review. We're glad to have helped you enjoy your stay. Hope to see you again soon. P.S. That's my favorite Bistro as well.

Great place , we have a good stay and lots of fun.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

So glad you had so much fun! Come back again and we'll keep the good times going!

Everything was good, however the prices for everything were very expensive.

Thanks for your review and I'm glad you had a good stay. We know Paris is an expensive city, but we try to help a little bit by giving hostel guests 25% off food and 2 for 1 drink specials in the bar. Come see us again and reception can show you some cheap tricks for Paris as well!

Great hostel, clean and with a decent bar downstairs. The only negative if you will is the location. If you're walking there from the main sights then yes its a hike but if you're getting the train then its not an issue. Depends how late or early you're coming home. Would happily stay there again

Hi there Thanks for your great review. Next time you stay with us, you will have to check out the Great Parks and Attractions in the vicinity of the hostel. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.

Had an awesome stay! The staff here are seriously amazing! It was my first hostel stay and it couldn't have been better.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Hi Big thanks for the great review. We are very happy we could make your first Hostel stay as, amazing a your review. Come back anytime.

Location is good and safety. The room is tidy.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Taiwan

Hi there! We are happy to have made your travels comfortable. See you soon. Karlie at reception.

Nice hostel with a scenic Location, filling breakfast and nice dorms

• 1st Mar 2015

Hi there, We are so happy to have filled your holiday as much as your belly! Come back soon. Karlie

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. Its one of the hostels I think back to as one of the most pleasant and had the best facilities.

I loved my stay at St. Christopher's, the staff were so helpful and it's located close to the metro so it was easy to get to all of the major sites. There was live music every night I was there and the atmosphere was amazing. The rooms were clean and the lockers provided under the bed were large, I had no problem fitting my bag in. If you're in Paris and want a friendly and lively hostel definitely stay here, I met lots of people from all over and I can't wait to stay here again soon

Nice atmosphere.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

All the staff were very pleasant and easy to deal with. Good food.

• 25th Feb 2015

Well thank you!! We try our best. We will definitely pass on the message to our colleagues in the kitchen. Come back soon! Karlie at reception.