St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

the locatin quite farfrom the center of city, but near to Gare du Nord station, it help us much. the hostel is good and te facilities is OK, unfortunately there's no kitchen shared available, that we need it much. thw wifi not working so well in my room (fifth floor), but it's good in lobby room.

Hi, Thanks a lot for your feedback. We always do our best to make everybody's stay as fun and comfortable as possible and we can learn a lot from your experience with us. That's why we appreciate that you took the time to reply. Actually we are in the process of fixing the wifi on each floor with the our new 100 megabytes fiber connection. We really want to be the best hostel we can be and are always looking to improve. Kind Regards, Your St Christopher’s Team Paris.

Check in staff were good, but seemed harried. Main floor food service staff we not. Lots of dirty tables and they stood around chatting. Bathrooms and showers on my floor were very dirty. Food was good, beds were good, and facilities were good, but common room was dirty too, and no one seemed to be caring for it.

Hi, Thank so much for taking the time to get back to us. We're always looking for ways to improve the experience we provide for our guests and which is why your feedback is so important to us.We are glad to hear that the foods and facilities were to your liking. As for the bar staff and the cleanliness issue we would like to apologise and assure you that proper step will be taken to avoid such situations in the future. Best regards, St-christopher's team Paris.

Cheap, clean and well located hostel in Paris. Nice breakfast but it finished early (9:30h). Dorms are large in comparison with other hostels. However, NO free storage before check in and after check out, lazy service in the bar if you want to eat, in the rooms you need a huge padlock (which they sell of course) for the noisy lockers, and wifi does not work well in the rooms.

Not as far as everyone makes it out to be! There are three Metro stations very close, and navigating Paris was a breeze. St. Christopher's was extremely accommodating and had a very friendly atmosphere.

• 13th Jan 2014

Hi, Thanks a lot for your feedback. We can learn a lot from your experiences so we really appreciate you took the time to reply. We are really happy to see you had a great time with us. If you do have any ideas of what we could do to make things even better we would love to know. We really want to be the best hostel we can be and are always looking to improve, so we genuinely will look forward to hearing your reply. Kind Regards, Your St Christopher’s Team Paris.

Nice hotel, quiet and clean in the room, good atmosphere at the pub. Great breakfast. Not enough showers though. I would definitely choose this hostel again, excellent value for the price (the best one?) in Paris!

Great value for money in Paris...!! The hostel was clean, facilities were good, and the staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was really nice each morning too. I would definitely stay again.

Hi, Thank you very much for taking the time to review our venue - it really helps us to improve on what we do. We were very glad to hear that you enjoyed the friendly and efficient service of our staff and that you appreciated our affordable prices and great value in a very expensive Paris market. If you do have any ideas of what we could do to make things even better specifically on the atmosphere side, we would love to know. Best regards, St-Christopher's Team Paris.

Nice Hostel! Love the atmosphere, but it's a bit too far from Paris Downtown, And one of the receptionist is not quite welcoming, please don't expect everyone that came can speak english or french really well, it will be really rude if you get annoyed because of your guest limited capability to speak well, but the other staff is really nice :)

Not pleased about sharing a room with 12 other people and there's hardly any ventilation - the entire room smelt like feet! The female toilets were found right on the other side of my room, which meant if I forgot something id have to grab my staff in the toilet, walk all the way to the room and walk back. Also, the sanitary bins need to be cleaned or replaced as they are disgustingly dirty.

• 9th Jan 2014

Great hostel! New, clean, and really great location. Lots of great bakeries nearby!

Staff was delightly friendly and helpful. Eager to come back there.

• 8th Jan 2014

Before towels were now included we have to rent them.. The problem it is because we badly explained me that it was 4 euros of rent and 6euros of pledge, thus I was very surprised when I returned the towel that we return me only 6euros. I expected to get back my bill of 10euros. Moreover there are no posters with the posted price(prize).. The cleanliness left a little to be desired compared with my other stays but the room was pleasant with a a beautiful view.. There is only a single mic

That was the best Hostel i've ever stayed in. The beds in the dorms are awesome!

• 5th Jan 2014

Very close to metro station, so being outside of the center is okay. In Paris, you don't have many options in the center. I really appreciated the pod beds complete with 2 outlets and a light. Breakfast is complete-baguette, cold cuts (ham), cheese, yogurt, cereal, coffee, juice. Bar is very lively at night, and staff helped me find nightlife outside of the hostel. Only complaint is that you have to pay around 5 for the lockers before check-in and after check-out.

Yep, no probs, big hostels do what big hostels do.

Good hostel with nice bar, restrooms, rooms, and food.

Been to a few st. chris' hostels, they're all pretty good standard. This one has a nice view (better in the summer i guess) and rooms are real nice. bar kind of has a dead atmosphere cos its really hard to talk to new people in there. Wifi sucked and food was overpriced (but compared to the rest of Paris, it was alright). Would have wanted to stay somewhere more fun though (although i was there in winter)

By a long shot, worst customer service and staff at any hostel I have ever stayed at (out of 15+). Most were rude, extremely slow, and genuinely seemed to not care about any issue you might be having. Upper level management was very helpful but usually never there. The facilities were very nice and clean. WiFi does NOT work in the room, only at the bar. The location is pretty near a metro station and it looks pretty, but it is FAR from every other thing in Paris, nothing to do around.

The best hostel I've been so far!

The pressure on the showers was wonderful! The locked cabinets and pods with lights, curtains and electric sockets excellent. I stayed on the first floor and despite the big new years party downstairs, no noise when sleeping, no problem with people drinking- you really worked well. Thank you !!!

• 30th Dec 2013
  • New Zealand

Made us pay for towels even though they gave us free ones (we didn't know there were free towels available), staff was not overly friendly, location was far from main attractions and bars. It was difficult because the metro stopped at 1230, so most nights we had to take a taxi. The bar is fun, not open nearly late enough though. Restaurant was good and with our discount it wasn't very expensive. It is very clean and my room was quiet which was nice. Overall I would say the stay was average.