St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Bar staff were rude would take half your order then go off and talk to their friends for 10 minutes then come back take your money then take another 20 minutes to get your drink. They were horrible to customers and called one guest a c*nt for no reason. Other then them everyone else and everything else was lovely.

• 12th Jun 2014

I absolutely loved this Hostel. The biggest factor attributing to my high rating is the atmosphere at the hostel. The hostel has a bar downstairs, and a night club under that. I went during the World Cup which may have contributed to a greater experience, however regardless of the World Cup, the staff was phenomenal, and the fellow hostel mates were awesome. Highly recommend.

Men Bathrooms are not in good conditions. Lockers in bedrooms are not available, which makes difficult to have your stuff well secured.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

Beds were clean. Bathrooms were clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. A little far from central Paris but if you can navigate the metro line its about 10 min away from the Louvre. Outlets and lights next to each bed were extremely useful

Toilet on our floor was closed for the duration of the stay. They said it would be open but it was not. You either had to use the disabled ones or walk down the stairs. Pod beds are very nice and the plugs by the bed are perfect. Atmosphere was amazing though and made up for all the other shortcomings. Very easy to meet cool and like minded Travellers.

Fantastic hostel, great location, easy to get to the heart of Paris by train. Clean and spacious- even in a 12 bed dorm!! Definitely recommend a stay here.

Loved my stay here. Good location with plenty of places to eat around. Wifi worked perfectly in my room. Easy to meet people in the bar and staff were friendly and helpful.

Clean and locate close to two Metro lines. Good place to watch the FIFA world club. Flat screen TVs in every corner inside Bar area.

It's in a very strange area that is hard to get to. When we checked in for our private room the staff member gave us the keys to a room that was occupied. Super Awkward. We got new keys and walked in and the smell of sewage was overwhelming. The room was ok, bed was rock hard (all things we can deal with at hostels), but the smell was intolerable. I went and told them and the response was "oh yea we've had complaints about that". They wouldn't give us our $ back but we left anyway. Don't book!

• 6th Jun 2014

Breakfast was good but almost always dirty bathrooms. It was expensive for the location and quality.

Wifi is hit

• 4th Jun 2014

The male's bathrooms from the 5th floor didn't work and everytime that it was raining the corridors were soaked wet. The staff they took care quite well of my personal belongings when they thought someone else lost them.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Spain

The location is a little far from all the main sights but it's in a suburban area right by a canal where locals enjoy a drink or two on the weekends. Rooms were spacious and clean, there was a secure space where you could lock away your luggage, the bed space had a light (although mine was broken), a power plug and a curtain for privacy. At times you can detect a strong sewage smell but then again they're right by a canal. The area at night seems a little dodge though especially towards Laumiere

I really liked this hostel and ended up booking here again later on in my trip. The rooms are cute and well equipped. Not in the center of Paris, but the city is so easy to navigate and there are a few metro stops nearby so I didn't mind at all. There is a great night life at the bar/club/canal which is cool. But, when it's warm and the windows are open you can hear drunk people outside at all hours of the night. Also, the bins under the bed are super noisy. They really need some WD-40.

Not a great hostel for the amount you're paying for it. We loved the location, as we wanted something a bit out of town., but found the hostel pretty under-whelming. The staff were pretty ho-hum, showers and toilets gross, and the bar terribly over-priced for back-packers. You could probably find somewhere else more closer to the sights for cheaper if you wanted.

Had problem finding bathroom on my floor

Overall ok, but expensive ( I know, everything in Paris is), and kind of jerks about the cancellation policy (I ended up paying 40 extra euro because I didn't wake up at 10am to cancel my first night)

There was a mouse in our room. The staff were very nice about it and went and bought mouse traps. I actually really enjoyed my time there and it was almost a bit of a bonding experience for us all in the dorm. The showers are really good and clean.

Everything went smoothly, easy place to find, nice area and great people... Thanks for the tequila Cece :P

• 27th May 2014
  • Wales

I loved staying at this hostel, great location in between 2 metro stops on different routes, close to supermarket, free breakfast was great quality, great for meeting fellow travellers and 24/7 common area was excellent. The only thing I can fault was that the bed in my dorm didn't have an individual light/power socket, which was the main selling point for me choosing to stay here and some unhelpful/unknowledgeable staff, although which doesn't seem to be specific to just St Christopher's Inn.