St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Really clean, staff is super friendly and helpful, and breakfast was really good. Metro stations are really close so it's very easy to get to the city centre. Would have been better if there was a kitchen so could have made your own meals instead of buying lunch and dinner.

I suggest to anyone to book a bed in this hostel, the place is good, the staff competent, young and super friendly. Totally a positive experience for me and I'm sure it will be the same for anyone.

• 24th Jul 2015

It was nice to get free breakfast which weweren't expecting, however it was disappointing to see when we did the online check in that we could pay for breakfast (which everyone got for free). Disappointing the food at the bar stopped serving at 10, especially considering the busabout bus arrives after 9!

Great hostel located right at the canal. They have free welcome drinks and a very nice free b'fast. The staff is very chilled out and helpful, the blonde bartender (23rd July) was extremely cute. The rooms and beds are big, and kept very clean. Rooms have lockers, but ensuite bathrooms would surely have helped A bit far out from the city centre, but the metro station Crimee is close by, plus the canal area has a charm of its own. I loved the hostel and will definitely recommend it to friends.

Terrible! Needs fly screens in the rooms as myself and other girls in room were attacked by mosquitoes...& window was left open as it was so super hot in there. Never again

I'm sorry to hear this! We have been installing mosquito repellers to help with this during the summer months!

It was big pleasure to stay there :-)

great hostel however there was no kitchen and the elevator was broken. good atmosphere bin the bar and staff where very helpful

I didn't like that there was no kitchen especially because the food and drinks weren't especially cheap. Also, the common room wasn't very comfortable. The bathrooms weren't topped up with toilet paper regularly. Staff were friendly and helpful. Showers were good. Privacy curtains were amazing!

The only thing that needed attention was the chill out room. It was dirty both times we went in to sit down and we tried to play a game of pool but the stick and the money machine were broken. Other than that minor issues everything was fantastic. Thanks!!!

That's no good! We're on the cleanliness in a major way now and are getting the pool cues fixed. Glad the rest of your stay was good!

Would probably recommend! The toilets are pretty clean most of the time and the beds are some of the best. The staff were amazingly friendly! The location is far from where you want to be but transport is easy.

Get the lift sorted.

The staff were great! They were very accommodating and helpful. Beds and pillows were comfortable, a nice change! 3 computers to use for free, microwave and kettle provided so didn't have to eat at the bar. My only complaint would be that the rooms are quite hot so Windows have to be open so it's very loud from the busy street and cigarette smoke from outside making the room stuffy. Not so nice for asthma.

Glad you had a good stay and that staff could help you out! We're sorry about the noisy street, their isn't a lot we can do about the smokers, but we do have free earplugs at reception to help with the noise.

Everything was pretty good, maintaining the good reputation of the St Christopher's chain. Potentially a little overpriced for the area it was in but it is Paris, after all. Would definitely consider staying at a St Christopher's again.

This hostel needs to install fans in its rooms! Also it needs to look into the mosquito issue.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Singapore

Wifi doesn't really work in the rooms. Staff could be more friendly, they always seemed like they were having a bad day. U have to pay for everything there n Paris is expensive. It's very fun place, though, and has a good atmosphere. I recommend it.

• 17th Jul 2015

The hostel was clean, organized and cozy, and the staff very nice. There was a good and cheap restaurant in the ground where guests had 25% of discount. The bedrooms and bathrooms were big and there was a nice chilli room but no kitchen. It was a bit far from the touristic points but the subway station is really close. Also the area around the canal was very pleasant. I really enjoyed my stay there and I would come back.

Nice hostel, really great bar and common room. The rooms are really hot though and no fan or air conditioning. The lift was broken when I was there meaning I carried my bags up 4 flights of stairs, I'm sure it's fixed by now though.

The rooms were extremely hot and the windows did not open up much to allow circulation. The wifi was also spotty throughout the whole building. Showers were decent, and the bar was nice, if a bit expensive, even with the guest discount. Location was decent, next to the canal with a few parks nearby. About a 25 minute metro ride from the city center.

Amazing hostel with some really nice staff Clean, refreshing and great vibe. Thanks for a cool couple of days

• 16th Jul 2015

I stayed in the private room which was very basic considering the amount I had paid. These rooms defiantly needed air con because it was way to hot in middle of July to stay in. I would look elsewhere if you want private accomodation. Hotels are similar price to these rooms and you won't have to share a bathroom.... However the bar and restaurant downstairs are really great additions to this place.