St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

The key to my room could also unlock all the rooms on my floor. There was no power outlet next to my bed, which was unfortunate, because it is important my phone stay charged so I can use it to take pictures and find directions.

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write your review. The key situation, is highly unusual and a master card must have been made by mistake. We will remind our staff to be more careful when making key cards. We will also ensure that all beds are properly fitted with power outlets.

Definitely a hotel style hostile. The staff is absolutely wonderful. CC, Amparo, and Karlie were super friendly and helpful. Red hair girl behind the desk (never caught your name. Sorry.) Made sure I didn't have to move rooms even though I had two separate reservations. Really easy to take the metro anywhere in the city. It's really geared towards American and Australians so if your looking for authentic Paris, this is not for you. Good common room. Thumbs up.

Hi Thank you for taking the time to make this great review. Glad you enjoyed your stay, and our staff's hospitality. We hope you come back soon.

Really not impressed with this hostel. The only good things about it were the breakfast, personal sockets and light and it was located near two metro stops. But there was mice everywhere, spiders in the showers and Something bit me on the leg during the night. There is no free luggage storage and it's not overly cheap to store it for a day. Also my room was horribly stuffy and the beds were only half full. When we opened the window it was so loud and kept us all awake. You can find better.

Hi Thank you for your review. Pest control is a high priority, and we work closely with Rentokill on this. Unfortunately our position on the canal doesn't help the problem. As to the luggage storage. Unfortunately with a capacity of 350 guests, our self service lockers was the best solution. Hope to see you again in the future.

This hostel is clean and secure. It is pretty far from the city center but if you are comfortable taking the metro everywhere, it's not a problem.

Hi Thank you for your review. We hope you come back to see us again soon.

Great free breakfast, okay atmosphere (more of a BIG party situation), and good value for money. A bit out of the city, but easy enough to take the train wherever you want to go. Not exuberant about it, but if you're looking for an affordable place and are willing to put up with a smelly room this could be the spot for you!

Loved this place soooo much!!! Close to the metro to take literally anywhere for so cheap! Food was amazing plus a discount! Loved the people and felt very safe and rooms were clean and great! Couldn't complain!

• 20th Nov 2014

Hi Thank you for your kind review. Please come back and stay with us anytime.

The bar downstairs has some of the most amazing burgers I have ever eaten !!! The hostel is huge but you can easily meet people in the dorms or in the bar. There wasn't any wifi in the rooms only downstairs in the bar, and the ladies shared washroom on the 5th floor always smelled like sewage.

There was no kitchen available to cook your own food, but they had a restaurant downstairs that sold food for relatively cheap. They told us they were completely booked so the cost for the rooms was higher, and there ended up only being 3 people in our 8 bed dorm. Location was fine, you take the metro everywhere in Paris. The breakfasts were really really good. That made it worth not having a kitchen.

I would recommend this hostel. Staff was super friendly, if there was a problem it got fixed and the room was spacy. Every bed has its own electric sockets which is super. The only problems were that the wifi works only in common room when there isn't lots of people, and that the breakfast doesn't keep the hunger away for long. The location is nice, you need to use the metro but the station isn't far!

Pub is great, great food, confy room, quite distant though.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Gross! Tacky 'art' smelled like sour beer. Everything outdated. Come on this is Paris.

• 12th Nov 2014

Hi Thank you for your email, and for opening our eyes to things we need to work on and improve.

I think this is a good hostel but I never ended up sleeping in my room.

Like the little cubicles you slept in, staff were helpful not to far from 2 metro lines and nice canal view

Awesome hostel. The bar downstairs and the staff had great energy. It felt sort of like living in college dorms, if that's what you're looking for. Very clean and nice for what you're paying for though! AND breakfast and maps! A bit far away, which is my only complaint, but then again I didn't have time to explore the area so much. Would still recommend.

Hi Thank you for your great review. You definitely missed out on exploring the local area. We have two of the greatest parks in Paris and in Europe in my opinion. Along with some plenty of nice cafes bars and restaurants. Hope to see you back sometime soon.

It had a great atmosphere! Though it is pretty far from the city center, it is easy to keep busy within the hostel. They have a "chill" room, a bar, and a very friendly staff. They changed my room for me when I felt awkward in the one I was assigned to. The beds have curtains for privacy and you have to bring your own lock for the storage underneath, but I felt my property was secure without it.

Hi Thank you for your amazing review. We really appreciate you taking the time to give your feedback. take care and safe travels

Atmosphere isn't that great. More of a pub rather than a backpackers. Ideal for groups not for solo travelers. Wasnt that clean, saw mice on more than one occasion

For the price you pay, you expect to stay in one double private room in line with some basic standards. The strong smells could have made you run out of the room holding your nose the first night. Fortunately, the staff was friendly enough to change our room the second day. Yet, you are likely to find a double room (with private toilet) in similar/better conditions at the same price

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We apologize for the strong smell, and are currently working to fix the problem. Our prices are high due to the lack of hotels in the beautiful area we are situated in, with the canal and beautiful parks right nearby.

Very close to the Metro station which will get you to the touristy spots in Paris. I felt safe in this area. The bar downstairs was amazing! Housekeeping staff were polite. Breakfast was good.

Hi Thank you for your fantastic review. We really appreciate you taking the time to make it. Many happy returns.

good hostel, great atmosphere in the bottom floor. Best free breakfast ever.

Hi Thanks a lot for the awesome review. Hope to see you again soon.

Very nice to have a towel included in the price for those of us who haven't brought a full sized towel. Great breakfast and really helpful staff.

Hi Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you again in the future.