St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Good hostal, with the bar downstairs, located in a pretty nice place next to the river, I was expecting bathroom in the room but it was one per floor which is ok, the wifi was really good, very clean rooms and the staff really helpful.

Amazing hostel. First of all, really nice building, newly constructed and right on the canal. Rooms are spacious and luminous, with single lights and curtains for each bed. Atmosphere is excellent, with lots of common spaces and a bunch of people chatting, drinking and having fun. Staff at entrance was welcoming and helpful with my questions. Only fawl, being fussy, was the staff at the bar, who were not as ready and nice as the others. But really, never mind :)

I have come to realize I don't like these super large hostels in terms of atmosphere. their common area is just a restaurant. if you don't meet people in your room then you might have a hard time. other than that there is not a negative thing to say, beds, facilities, everything was very nice for the price.

The showers flooded the whole bathroom one day.

I love this hostel, I have stayed here a few times now and would recommend it to anyone traveling to Paris. Well done St Christophers! The only thing that tainted my stay on the very last night was the security guard that made derogatory remarks at me, as I didn't go and 'speak' with him when he wanted me to.

Hey, it's great to hear that you were able to enjoy your time with us so much! We are using an outside company and we will make sure that this security guard doesn't work for us again, we are so sorry for that. St Christopher's Inn Canal.

The staff were not very helpful. The welcome night of drinks and info turned into the staff just drinking for free with her friends and no info was given on best tours etch. The pub where breakfast is done was always dirty... food on the floor.... tables were never cleaned. This was common throughout the day with food on the floor and never cleaned. My trash was never cleaned in my room. The bathroom was dirty and usually out of toilet paper. I would never stat there again!!!!!

• 21st Sep 2015

We apologise for all of the things that went wrong during your stay, we are very surprised and disappointed to read that the bar was dirty, we know that they are constantly cleaning the floors and tables and are surprised to hear that you found this to be different. The bathrooms are cleaned 4 times per day and we will make sure the toilet paper is refilled on each occasion. St Christopher's Canal

As usual, a great hostel. This is my Paris go to every time.

It's a bit out of the way, but a train station is only a 5 minute walk away. Bar downstairs is pretty good, but the staff there are a bit lazy

Everything here is fine, just you need to spend some time to travel to city centre.

Thanks so much for leaving us your thoughts! St Christopher's Inn Canal

Great place. It's in a bit of a sketchy area though. Wouldn't want to be out too late around it. Great beds in rooms with curtains to give you some privacy! I will definitely stay here again if I come back to Paris.

Thanks for letting us know about your stay, we are pleased to read that you enjoyed the hostel, we are surprised to hear you found the location sketchy, it's really nice beside the canal and there are plenty of nice little bars and cafes in the neighbourhood too. Otherwise we are happy that you enjoyed so many aspects of the hostel! St Christopher's Inn Canal

A good place to stay if you plan on spending all of your time out of the hostel. Didn't seem to have a backpacker feel to it, and the bar is open to everyone and very pricey (cheaper pints can be found just down the road). The lounge area is too small for the amount of people the hostel holds. It is very close to the metro which was great, although it is a bit of ride to see most things. Seemed very clean, we liked the privacy curtains on the beds.

the staff wasn't that great... the location was ok, not too bad not too good. parties are going on downstairs and rooms are empty until 1 am. Guests come at 4 am and turn on the lights and start laughing farting and talking which is really rude but thats not the fault of the hosts, you can always complain in reception and they will keep them quiet. security is very good. you get a HUGE drawer to keep your belongings and also wifi all over the place. it is quite pricey but breakfast included.

The room was in a poor condition. The day I arrived, I couldn't enter the room because the door handle was broken. This wasn't fixed when I departed. All the beds are connected, so when someone moves, every bed is shaking.

I love this hostel, I have been coming here past 6 years now, I love everything about this place. The rooms and bed was very clean, So is the showers. I like the breakfast too. I be back next year.

Overall a really nice location with easy access to the metro. Lovely scenery along the canal. The staff was not as friendly, some seem uninterested in being there or helping people. Wayworn travelers appreciate a friendly welcome, sadly, this was missing.

The bar downstairs is convenient. Location is cool, but not really near the action. Metros are close though.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in, no complaints and the staff were awesome. Stay here, you'll love it!

Had a good stay here, friendly staff, decent roommates. Can do better on the cleanliness of the toilets. Had lunch and dinner at the bar and that was quite enjoyable. They helped us get a shuttle to CDG during the early hours when the RER is usually shut. My second time here and I'll come back for sure

I had a pretty good time at this hostel, it was really easy meeting amazing people and they had loads of information on what to do in Paris. I only had one bad experience worth mentioning- one of the staff members was extremely inappropriate and unprofessional. It made the last part of my stay extremely uncomfortable.

• 14th Sep 2015
  • South Africa

I got robbed in my room. rooms are bad. Washrooms/shower are not nice and really far from the room. Elevator is really slow and half the time doesn't come. The bar is good and free breakfast is good

We are so sorry to hear that you had some of your belongigs taken during yor sty, we try to make sure all our geusts lock up their belongings in the cages provided in order to guarantee safety. We are increaing our security after hearin o this ad have implemented 24 hours staff. We are pleasd to read that you enjoyd other aspects of the stay none the less. St Christopher's Inn Canal