St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Bathrooms are clean but smelly. Annoying that there's no kitchen but the food available at the bar is good and breakfast is great for a hostel. The neighbourhood feels a bit unsafe at night.

Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it! We're glad you got to enjoy the food and drink at our bar and hope you had a great time with us. We also trust you felt safe and secure and didn't have any trouble in the area after dark, your security with us is one of our top priorities! The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

It was a very pleasant expereince. Staff was friendly and they had the best breakfast.

Great to hear! We always love hearing great reviews about our staff, we love them too! The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Fun hostel just expensive and the rooms are hotttttttt. But overal clean, tidy, awesome drink specials and breaky :)

Thank you so much for giving us your feedback. We do have fans available at our reception for when your room is too hot in the summer, we wish you'd been told! Aside from that we're so pleased you had such a wonderful time with us and we really hope to see you at St Christopher's again in the future. The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

There was a bit of a mix up with my check-in where the staff had only realised I hadn't actually checked into the hostel properly until I had come down to organise an airport shuttle in my last day. Other then that - the place was awesome. At first I was a bit weary of it being too far out from the main centre - but realised that being in this part of Paris really made Paris a real place as opposed to this constantly romanticized illusion. Basically, it was nice to see the real Paris.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to voice your opinions. Mix-ups do occur during high season, which is why we have well trained staff to handle situations such as this. Even though the location is not in the center of Paris, there's a metro stop around the corner that takes you straight to the middle of Paris. we do value our location for its multiple parks and shopping areas. We hope your stay was pleasing and worthy enough for your return!

Overall a decent place to stay, but felt a bit impersonal due to the size of it, and there was only one set of toilets per floor, which was a pain.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Thank you so much for the feedback. We're sorry you felt our hostel was impersonal, we definitely strive for the complete opposite and always want our guests and staff to have a fantastic time together! We hope you got a chance to mingle a bit downstairs and in our club with other travellers too! The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

They didn't have soy milk for my lactose intolerant travel buddy so we went without, the shower still had the previous persons stuff in it, which tells me it wasn't cleaned, and the room was very hot at night. On a positive, the staff were friendly and helpful and the laundry was handy

Thank you for your feedback! Unfortunately you won't find soy milk in our hostel (or hardly any place in Paris I'm afraid) as we just don't have the requests for it, however next time just buy a small carton from the supermarket and we should be able to store it for you behind the bar if you really can't go without it. We always want to help where we can! And fans can be borrowed from reception i you find your room is getting too warm during those summer nights. We're glad you had fun with us!

Friendly staff, comfortable beds with curtains. Good enviroment with bar and food with discounts

Thank you for the great feedback, we really appreciate it! The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Great place to stay, easy to meet people. Just a little bit far from the Eiffel Tower and other attractions but besides that it was great

We're glad you had a great time with us! We hope you managed to see all the attractions and enjoyed Paris. The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

The door in my room had a fault when locking. if you didn't double check, the door would be open. Even the cleaners left it "open" with this fault. The internet was very slow, and only accessible in unnecessarily loud bar area (even at 9am). Went to book IDbus at reception, they told me they can't (even though they advertise they can) After booking on my phone i realized there was an error, I went for help to reception. I was rudely told, because I didn't book at reception i can't be helped.

• 25th Aug 2014

Loved this place. The highlight of this place was the staff. They made everything great. The tours available from front desk are also great and cheap all things considered! Bathrooms were kept generally pretty clean and the bedrooms were comfy and spacious, especially on the girls floor.

The staff was pretty Nice and helpful. It is a good place for those who want to party during the night. It is also very clean. The only thing is that it is a little far from everything in the city, but there is a metro close to the hostel.

Me and my three friends were in a six bed dorm which was relatively spacious. It was nice to have little curtains on your bed for privacy. We had a little basin in our room which was handy. The reception/ bar area was always really noisy from the music that they played. I found it really hard to hear the reception staff. The music was even loud in the mornings when you just want to eat your breakfast in a peaceful environment. Location far out but metro in Paris is really good!

We had a great time staying here. Stayed for 5 nights and it's a great value for your money. Spacious rooms, privacy curtain and outlet next to bed is amazing! Bar area is easy to meet other travelers. Only down side is location is a little far from the main sights in Paris. But nothing that a 25 min Metro ride can't fix ;)

The hostel was great. The bathrooms were relatively clean. The rooms were very nice and private. However, the area the hostel is located in is not very safe. I would not go out after dark in the area.

Great place with good facilities but it's pretty far from everything if you are wanting to walk everywhere.

nice place with good free breakfast but no kitchen and no free use of computer for internet.

He estado en varios de

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Chile

The hostel is not in the centre but right to the canal which is a very relaxing, chill area. It's a nice walk or you can rent a bike which I would def recommend. Even though it's a big hostel you get to meet people very easily whether it's in your room or in the bar or club downstairs. Had a really fun time there and would go back. Only throwback is the lockers that cost 4€ and the queue for the reception can be endlessly long and slow

A bit far from the touristic area but in a nice parisian location and also there are 2 metro stations close to the hostel. Staff are very friendly they do everything to help you out.

• 16th Aug 2014

The Wifi was really really bad! There was no signal inside the dorm and even in places with strong sign it worked poorly. Also, the only men's bathroom was closed on my floor (and you can only use the one on your dorm's floor) so there was only the 2 bathroom for disabled people available for all men in the floor.

Hello, We apologise that the bathrooms on your floor were undergoing maintenance during your stay, we completely understand it would have been frustrating however it was only a temporary situation. We do have two separate wifi connections, one for the rooms and one for downstairs so it is possible you weren't connected to the correct server. We hope you managed to have a fantastic time and enjoyed your trip to Paris! St Christopher's, Paris Canal.