St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Overall ok, but expensive ( I know, everything in Paris is), and kind of jerks about the cancellation policy (I ended up paying 40 extra euro because I didn't wake up at 10am to cancel my first night)

There was a mouse in our room. The staff were very nice about it and went and bought mouse traps. I actually really enjoyed my time there and it was almost a bit of a bonding experience for us all in the dorm. The showers are really good and clean.

Everything went smoothly, easy place to find, nice area and great people... Thanks for the tequila Cece :P

• 27th May 2014
  • Wales

I loved staying at this hostel, great location in between 2 metro stops on different routes, close to supermarket, free breakfast was great quality, great for meeting fellow travellers and 24/7 common area was excellent. The only thing I can fault was that the bed in my dorm didn't have an individual light/power socket, which was the main selling point for me choosing to stay here and some unhelpful/unknowledgeable staff, although which doesn't seem to be specific to just St Christopher's Inn.

Great location, amazing staff, great place to hang out and meet people. Definitely a great place for your average traveler on a budget looking to have a good time.

Nice facilities, lack of atmosphere and in somewhat of a seedier area of Paris. Privacy curtains were nice but I think they affected the social environment of the hostel.

Most showers on the floor I was staying on were not functional, and the restrooms were unusually soiled.

Breakfast is included which is great

First, the door to our room would never shut properly. When entering the room, you would have to swipe the key a second time for the door to properly shut, and when leaving it was the same. We often found the door open. The bathroom also smelled disgusting, it obviously was not properly ventilated. Sometimes you could smell it as you passed by outside the door. Thankfully the rooms were clean. Also disappointed by lack of kitchen facilities.

This Hostel has the best individual set up with curtains, outlets, and hooks. The rooms were very clean and pretty big!

We were initially disappointed with location, but it is close to metro that can take you anywhere so it's not a huge deal. I found the hostel to be very expensive, but we liked the bed curtains and individual outlets for beds and spacious lockersThe staff were not very helpful or friendly and we got a LOT of misinformation. The tours and shuttles they offer are a rip off and it's cheaper to do it on your own. Also awful service at the restaurant. We had fun just because of our awesome roommates.

Great hostel - security is very good with big lockers in the rooms. Rooms are spacious and clean but the beds are a little hard. Staff are friendly and helpful. Good location near 2 metro stops.

I was in a 12 bed female dorm with a bunch of ignorant, immature females who kept the room light on half the night yacking loudly and opening and closing the under the bed lockers. I complained after the first night and was told nothing could be done about my situation. After three nights of getting no sleep I asked to be moved to a private room and also had to get a hotel room for two nights. Cost me an extra $800 Cdn because St. Christophers doesn't have a lights out policy.

The rooms were great, the breakfast and bar were fantastic. The showers were timed so the water went off every thirty seconds. The blonde and dreadlocks girls from Australia were unbelievably rude. They double charged me, No customer service at all. Treated me with contempt for ordering drinks. Couldn't be the least interested in their jobs.

I asked twice for fixing our door knob (it was impossible to close it for those who were leaving the room) and it was not done. They wait until nobody could open the door from outside and it disturbed the girl from the first bed every time during the night...Internet was slow and the noise from my room was anoying. and also, when I checked in online, they offered me the full breakfast, but there was no lert sying it was valued from 10 am until 6 pm. And refused to give my money back...

Great place that is right is right on canal. Caters more to the younger crowd that enjoys to party till late but didn't effect my stay and would recommend.

This hostel was a nice new place, but a ways from the main sights of Paris. The atmosphere was very sterile with very little common areas and no kitchen. Everything seemed to be a way to make money including charging your cell phone. It was not cheap, but relatively clean and the breakfast was good. Still It felt more like a hotel with shared rooms, i guess there is a lot of money in hostels so you lose the character. All in all was an average stay.

• 18th May 2014

Great Hostel and great enviroment, the activities that they offered were really cool (Try the daytrip to versay). The bar was a great place to meet people, they had french cheese and bagets for breakfast (among other stuff), Curtains on the bed for privaci, good matress, plugs in the bed, lockers below... great overall experience. Also, I felt in love with the girl that sold the activities :D she was just so nice (big hug if you are reading Alizée)

• 18th May 2014
  • Spain

I enjoyed the environment. They usually do parties which optimizes integration between guests and facilitates meet and chat with other people around the world. I did not like the location.

This was the first hostel me and two of my friends had ever stayed in and it exceeded our expectations greatly. The room was way more well-kept than we had thought, and the atmosphere even better. It was a great place for 3 college-age women to find a place to crash while in Paris.

• 17th May 2014