St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

All the toilets on the second floor were out of use, this had been like this for at least a week. The showers had holes in the roof. Cleanliness was very poor. It was v.expensive, they should be ashamed at the poor value for money they offer. Staff were arrogant and dismissive. There is a night club based here so if you are normal, and want any sleep, this is not the place for you due to noise that carries on all night. Not a bad location, not central but you can use the subway (1.70 Euro).

Belushi's downstairs is a great feature!

• 7th Jul 2014

Everything was spot on, friendly and helpful staff, clean and new facilities, big rooms, fantastic beds are great atmosphere. Was very impressed and will be coming back :)

• 7th Jul 2014

This hostel was amazing. Loved it. The only bad thing was that it took a while to get anywhere by foot but there's two metro stations within a five min walk away so it's easily rectified.

Very large hostel nicely located directly by the channel in the outskirts of Paris. 30min to Eifel Tower with Metro (5min to station). Contras: Very loud... Door's slamming all the time. All of the men's toilets on the second floor out of order (and it looks like they haven't worked for a long time). Pro's: Pub Party in Hostel, Good value in general

Hi, Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We really appreciate the feedback and are glad you had a great time with us! The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Honestly, I have no idea how this hostel is so highly rated, it's so so far away from everything they say it's 20 mins from paris centre, well it took me 50 from the minutie I left the door via the metro (which I'm familiar with) if your backpacking and want to see paris nightlife this isn't the place to be if you want to see the sights this isn't the place to be. There is no attraction to stay here. For 36 euros I was gobsmacked at how bad this place was, no elevator/toilet or shower on 5thflor

• 6th Jul 2014

I was really impressed with this hostel. It spoilt me as my first hostel of my trip! The curtains around the bed were a great addition and something I've missed staying in other hostels.

• 5th Jul 2014

Thanks for the great review! We very much hope to see you again in the future. The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

The elevator was broken for our entire stay, and we were on the top floor. The people at the front desk were fabulous, they people in the eating area were not very helpful.

• 4th Jul 2014

Hi, Thank you so much for the feedback! Apologies for the elevator being out of order, it's back up and running now but we understand the frustration! The Team at Sy Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Cool bar downstairs, great place to meet other travelers. Friendly and helpful staff. Plus amazing breakfast. I would recommend.

Although it's a little far from the tourist parts of Paris, it is only a short walk to the metro which will take you just about everywhere. The food and drinks at the bar aren't too expensive, and it's also a very good way of meeting people. It does however close at 11pm, and they force you to go to the club downstairs which is a bit of a let down.

Breakfast was amazing and included! Not your average breakfast, as there were so many options to chose from! Definitely a plus to have a bar and club in the hostel! Overall was super clean and a great stay!

Merciiiiii! Yes we have real Nutella for breakfast!!! That's A really nice review. Hope you to come back.

You had to get the metro to the city centre but other than that it was nice.

Hello, Thanks a lot for taking time to reply, and according to your rating you appreciate your stay here. And Yes you are right we need to take a subway to reach the city center but it takes only 15 minutes and the subway is 5 min walk from here. Have fun for the rest of your holiday. St Christopher's Team.

Great stay at St. Christopher's! It is a little way from the centre of Paris, but very close to the metro. Only about 10 minutes on the metro. Free breakfast was great! Staff were also great! Very happy

Thank you for the great review! Glad you had such a wicked stay. The Team at St Christopher's, Canal.

Would have liked there to be air conditioning in rooms or for there to be screens on the windows as mosquitoes were in the room all night.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Thank you very much for the feedback. Unfortunately we are unable to use any screens on our windows due to the hostel's fire safety regulations as they need to be able to be opened quickly from the outside if need be, but we understand how much of a pain summer mosquitoes can be. We sincerely hope you weren't bothered too much. Kind Regards, St Christopher's, Canal.

This was the most disgusting hostel I have ever stayed at. the staff were horrible and dismissive when I said that my safety felt compromised due to a roommate doing drugs in the bunk above me and staring through my curtain at 5am. the cleaning staff were rude and made vulgar comments to girls in the toilet. it was constantly dirty and smelt like a sewer. I am so utterly disappointed - this was a truly horrible experience. I will not ever reccommend.

Thank you for the review. We draw a strong line on our policy of illegal substances on our premises and are extremely sorry you had such a negative experience when you approached our staff with this issue. Our staff are constantly commended on their service and approach to helping guests, so this will be investigated further. Our bathroom's on certain floor's were undergoing maintenance during your stay, but rest assured this issue has now been fixed.

It was disgustingly filthy, staff were horrible, service was extremely slow, the lift doesn't work, the toilets don't have seats and the city is very far away!

Thank you for your review. Seeing as we have had nothing but positive feedback on our facilities and staff during the time of your stay (with the exception of the lift which is currently under maintenance), it would be fantastic if you could provide us a more detailed review so we can better provide feedback and ensure we're delivering the best service we can. Would you mind sending an email to bianca.smith@bedsandbars.com with further details? Kind Regards St Christopher's, Canal.

We had the time of our lives at this hostel and can't recommend it enough! Easy access to the metros, the staff are super helpful and the bar is great!

• 30th Jun 2014

While staying in this hostel, although it's located on the beautiful canal, there are always people outside, and the noise travels. It can be very disruptive when trying to sleep after travelling around. The bathrooms were clean, the rooms were clean, and the staff was friendly and helpful. I'm not sure if I would ever stay at this location again, but I would stay at another St. Christophers.

Thanks for the review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great time with our staff. We apologise for the noise level, we do encourage security to monitor this in the evenings to ensure our guests get a good sleep, so we will be sure to pass this feedback along. We look forward to having you at St Christopher's again in the future. Kind Regards, The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Overall a nice hostel but the bathrooms had a smell that didn't leave my towels for days.

Great Thanks fro the 4 nights!

• 29th Jun 2014

Thank you for staying with us, we're glad you enjoyed your stay! St Christopher's, Paris Canal.