St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Nice atmosphere.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

All the staff were very pleasant and easy to deal with. Good food.

• 25th Feb 2015

Well thank you!! We try our best. We will definitely pass on the message to our colleagues in the kitchen. Come back soon! Karlie at reception.

Love this place

Hello there, Short and sweet. Thank you very much. We would love to have you back. Karlie

Really a great stay! The location though away from major sites, metro is there to help u. I loved the ham and cheese inclusion in the breakfast as I m on gluten free diet. Their food is very tasty and the staff willingly gave me substitutions for fries and bread. Also they helped me with extending my stay. I wish the wifi was better. Overall great! Would come, back soon.

Hi Monalisa, Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that you were able to find your way in the metros, as it is a very convenient system and a good aspect of Paris. Please feel welcome to come back any time to enjoy more of our breakfast and other food! We are working on the wifi to get it better.

For the money it costs per night, I wish the wifi actually worked. And the fact that I saw a mouse in the chill out room where many of us eat is pretty disturbing.

Thanks for the review, I'm sorry your stay wasn't better. We are working to get the wifi running stronger and it should be a lot better soon. We saw the mouse too and it was not a happy ending. I'm sorry that it happened to you, but we've taken care of him.

Clean and spacious rooms with a sink, table, and pod style beds. Fun atmosphere and plenty of drinking to be done at the bar downstairs, but it doesn't substitute a kitchen. The food was sub par and the service was inconsiderate and rude. Make sure your chicken wings aren't bloody.

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to review us. We do not have a kitchen but offer 25% off at the bar. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the food. We will make sure we follow your feedback. Enjoy the rest of your travels. St. Christophers.

I liked the hostel but the last day i had a late flight so I stayed at the common room, at like 3 am i saw RATS, yeah rats in the common area, near the microwave and vending machine, happy i didn't heat up anything in the microwave.

Hello, We are very sorry you had to experience this. With construction nearby, we have recently had some uninvited visitors... However, the exterminator has come by and they have been... taken care of. The reception team.

The hostel is far from the famous places to visite. You have to pay 2 euros for the key, but if you dont leave before 11h, you dont receive your money back, and nobody advise you about it. I did a reservation one month in advance and paid 10 euros more per each day than if I had have booked directly at the hostel. The are mouses running on the floor of the lounge and vending machine.

The location is a bit outside the inner city at a canal, but it takes only 20 minutes by rental bycicle to the inner city or Montmartre. You may stay there if you are a bit older, but most guests are 20-30 years old.

• 17th Feb 2015

Thanks for the review! The velib bike system is a great way to get around, same price as the metro for the day! Also we are 4 minutes from the metro and then just a 10 minute ride to the louvre! We welcome everyone looking to have a great time! William

It was easy to get to, seemingly safe area. I'm a bit more of a clean freak, so I feel it needs a nice deep cleaning in the bedroom along the walls. But the sheets looked clean and the bathrooms were decent.

• 15th Feb 2015

Hello there, We are very happy to see you felt safe with us! We are definitely trying to improve the general maintenance of our hostel, so hopefully your next time around will be even better. Thank you for taking the time to write us, as your input is always helpful! Karlie

Staff wasn't really warming or maybe it was the place. Kinda felt a little bit like a burden at times when asking for directions somewhere.

Well... I really liked the hostel but nevertheless there are some things I would like to mention... - during my stay they obviously had some problems with the bathroom facilities and so the condition of the shower and toilet room for females was unacceptable (regarding cleanness and hygiene) and - the lockers in the cellar, which you are forced to use if all safe deposit boxes in your own room are already used, are incredibly expensive!

• 31st Jan 2015

Hi there, We are happy to hear that you really liked the hostel. We do apologise for the conditions in the female toilets during your stay - we are constantly trying to renew and refurbish our facilities and services so that we can improve our guests' experience at Christopher's Inn! Best regards, St. Christopher's Inn team

I really liked to stay at this hostel! I would recommend it to everyone that goes to Paris.

Hi, Thanks for review, hope to see you again soon St. Christophers

Was a really cool place, made friends with a lot of people almost instantly. A plus is at least if I get drunk at the bar I can just drag my butt upstairs safely. Minus no kitchen.

The only problem in the hostel, is the security staff in the nights, I can say they are really annoying, they shout a lot and they aren't polite, also it looks like if they were trying to threaten you, it's pretty awkward, they have to remember that you're the guest, and you'll understand if they speak clearly.

Hi, Thanks for your review. We are sorry to hear you felt the security team were not friendly, we will speak to the security about how they interact with our guests. Thanks for pointing this out, it will help us improve. Thanks St. Christophers.

The internet in the rooms is slow , all the others things aré nice! All the same i was there only 2 days.

• 28th Jan 2015

The hostel is decent. Beds are clean with a curtain and you have your own light and power socket. The bathrooms were pretty gross and smelt horrendous as did the room most of the time as I don't think they were cleaned properly the whole week I stayed. Belushies bar downstairs was awesome. Food was great, drinks were good all at reasonable prices. Also had a pretty good vibe and the guest discount was handy! Breakfast says 7-10:30 but is actually 7:45-9:45 but free which was good!

Hi, Thanks for your review. We are sorry you felt the bathrooms were not cleaned properly, we have a cleaning team who work throughout the day to ensure they are as you would expect them. Regarding the breakfast, it starts at 7:30am until 10am, not 10:30am. Glad you like the bar! Hope you enjoy the rest of your travels, St. Christophers.

The bar is good but always close too early. There's no many places that you can stay and relax. The bathroom and bedrooms are clean in the possible conditions.

Hi, Thanks for your review. We shut the bar at 1am during the week as we have noise complaints if we stay open longer however we do have a club open on Thursday, Friday, Saturdays which goes on until the early hours. Enjoy the rest of your travels, St. Christophers

They were doing work in our room while we stayed, and did not attempt to clean it up. It's a cheap price, but they get you for the little things, like charging you for lockers and to charge your phone in the common area (Chill Out Room). You do have lockers in your room that you bring your own lock for, but they're more like cages. Anyone with smaller than average hands could just reach in, open your bag, and look around.

The hostel isn't near the city attractions, but is close to metro stations that can take you anywhere without problem. It is shaped like an hotel due to its size and high number of rooms. I stayed in an ensuite room and it was very spacious with adequate bathroom (separate toillet and shower is convenient). It has a GREAT bar downstairs, with live music and gran food and drink alternatives. A little too big to meet other guests easily, but still not impossible. Also a nice small club downstairs.