St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Missing airconditioning is a big drawback when it's summer time. Rooms get smelly and hot, especially dorms (my experience). The price is slightly higher compared to similar hostels in Spain but it's Paris :)

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Finland

We know it's been a hot summer, but we promise Paris is worth it!

This place puts a lot of effort into appearing "cool". The place is lightly American-themed (I don't mean like American symbols everywhere, but the pub decoration style for example).

Staff were great. Great ambience. Not the best location though. Elevator was broken hopefully it's fixed now

Great staff! Rooms were big and roomy, huge and easy to access lockers per bed no extra fee. Facilities all clean. Bit far from the centre of Paris but well worth it.

Very far away from anything in Paris. Metro is close by, but it feels like forever when going somewhere. Rooms big and clean. Locker cages big! Bathrooms seemed quite unclean & old. Staff extremely helpful. Bar and food were good! Just quite far out from everything. Otherwise a decent stay for Paris I guess! Maps helpful too.

Despite this being a big chain hostel, it still has a cool social vibe and you are able to meet people easy.

Bellushis bar attached to hostel is quite expensive. They promote happy hours but a 33cl beer of Paris demory costs 3.5€ which is actually too costly. Rest all is very good. So, price of bar and food should be revised based on survey of Paris pubs.

• 4th Jul 2015

I had a nice time during my stay. The only problem was that it was extremely hot and you would sweat during sleep. The breakfast ls great and during the night they have live music. Amazingly once I got in my room I coulf not hear it so that was good.

Had a wonderful time here! Made a lot of friends due to the social environment...the only thing is the lift needs to be fixed and a fan or something needs to be put in the rooms because it was soooo hot! Again a wonderful stay and very fun environment.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Great people that stayed there and the staff were fantastic as well. Unfortunately Paris was hit with a heat wave while I was there and the hostel was not equipped to deal with this type of situation. I can understand not having aircon but there's plenty of things that could have been done to improve the situation (eg buying an electric fan for each room and increasing the price per bed for like $1 a night to cover the cost). Location was solid, not in the main tourist drags (which I like).

Excellent place. Great location. Staff were really friendly. Rooms had no aircon but that will be no problem at this stage it was only a small problem when we were caught in the heat wave. Besides that absolute perfect!

The hostel was very good except for the fact they failed to provide enough fans or have aircon. In the middle of a heatwave the least you can expect is one fan in the room.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Wales

I liked the bar and restaurant, food and drinks are reasonably priced. The staff are good, they're really helpful. The rooms aren't bad, although there wasn't enough lockers in my room and the wifi is non existent unless you're downstairs in reception. It is located pretty far out of the city but it's near a train station which only takes about 20 minutes to get into the city.

I loved this hostel!! Both the bar and cool down rooms were great places to hang out and felt really comfortable to be in. The room was large and the beds got a really nice sized storage locker. The staff was very friendly and helped me and my friend get just about everywhere in Paris. They also give you great prices on food and drinks while you're there. The only complain was no ac in the bedrooms! It was over 100 degrees while we were there. In that type of weather you at least need a fan.

I loved this hostel for the atmosphere! On Sunday nights they have a live band with open mic to sing or play with an artist instead of a recording. This place attracts some really cool people and has personable staff there too. Beds were clean, showers always had hot water, they give you lock boxes (more like cages) to keep our stuff in but you need yor own lock, and there's two keys you need to get into the room so security is good. I think I enjoyed the bar/restaurant downstairs the most!

Nice solid choice. Nightlife wasn't that great here but we were there on a Sunday.

We shine on Friday and Saturday, live music that is always fun.

If you are looking for a place that is not touristy and in a part of Paris that you think actual Parisians hang out here is the place to be. While for sightseeing it is a tad out of the way, the area around the 19th Arrondissement has a vibrant night life that makes you feel you are in a real part of the city and not just a tourist trap. This hostel was a great way station between my day time sightseeing and my night time partying. Good and cheep and the free breakfast was appreciated.

Brilliant hostel in a lovely location on the canal and close to three metro stations making it easy to get around Paris. I was travelling on my own and the staff were very helpful and friendly. I would recommend the free walking tour of Paris that leaves every day at 10am. Food in the belushi's bar is good value for money. Alcohol I found was expensive but that's all over Paris to be honest. Hostel was very clean but room could use a fan as it is very hot and sticky at night.

Glad you had a great time! The walking tour is awesome as is our food! I know drinks are a bit expensive, but that is why we have 2 for 1 specials!

The only reason I would not stay here again is because every day I was bitten by mosquitos - whether in the restaurant area in the evenings or especially at night as I was sleeping, the mosquitos bit all over my body and face. That seriously tainted my experience.

• 24th Jun 2015

Great hostel experience for my sister and I!

• 24th Jun 2015