St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

The "Wal-Mart" of hostels: this place is huge and offers so much! We had fun in their bar, and the vibe makes it really easy to meet international friends! It is only 2 blocks from the Crimee metro station, which will take you to all of Paris's hotspot. The free breakfast wasn't special, but that is expected of any hostel.

HooOoooO, Thanks a lot for your review. At the begining when I started to read your review and I saw "the Wal Mart of hostel" first I laugh then I thaugh you will not be happy of your stay but then I understand why you compared it to wall mart. So a big Merci. Cheers, Manon St Chris Paris.

For the size of the place its good. its clean and comfortable. There is always plenty of people hanging around to talk to and its a short walk from a metro station or there is hire bikes basically at the from door... I stayed here twice, the first time the internet worked my room the second time it didn't, thats all I got. Get there.

Thank you for your great review! We look forward to having you stay with us again. The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Really cool hostel. Very clean, loved the curtains on the bunks, made it more private. Clean showers and toilets. Great bar and atmosphere and club down the bottom at night. Not the greatest area. Bit scary for a female solo traveller and not really anything to really do in that area, you have to get the metro always, which is really easy. Overall good stay.

This hostel has a fantastic atmosphere for partying (bad though if you enjoy sleep). Huge facilities, everything a backpacker could need, however sadly not maintained well. The rooms were sweltering hot, which meant leaving the window open for loud drunk voices, flies and Mosquitos to enter at night. Also other than bed change our room was not properly cleaned for our entire 6 night stay. The hostel could be amazing but fell short of the mark unfortunately.

• 13th Jul 2014

I ended up going to and from the hostel via a different metro station which was much easier than the one suggested on the directions email. Staff were helpful, showers etc clean. Definitely recommend.

The staff here was extremely friendly and made the visit very well worth it! The deals on drinks, the club in the basement and our ever changing roommates were great also. Bunks are private and have good lockers. I would come back in a heartbeat.

The hostel is not safe, because everyone can entry without control. It's far from town. I really didn't like. The showers for bathing only works for 25 seconds, and you need to push again to open, it's horrible, because you feel cold when turn off.

Awesome place to stay, has a cool bar with a good atmosphere, everything you need and pretty easy to get to places from there

Each bed has its own power socket, light and curtain for privacy which is great. there is also a cage under the bed to secure your luggage. Breakfast included is simple but ample. If only it was located closer to city!

5 countries and 7 hostels on my trip and this was by far the worst. It stunk, water seeped from the walls all over the hallway and the bathrooms were beyond disgusting. Half the toilet and shower stalls were locked because they were broken. The hostel does not seem to have any age limit with what seemed to be elementary school groups and families with young children staying here. The location is also terrible, taking 40 mins minimum by metro to get to any of the major sites. Would not recommend!

• 8th Jul 2014

The common area was good, typical in st Christopher's inns, and the breakfast was really good. The facilities were not as nice as the other st Christopher's inns I've stayed in though... The beds were really squeaky and shook every time someone moved on the top or bottom. Also, my room was facing the street and it was so loud all night.

All the toilets on the second floor were out of use, this had been like this for at least a week. The showers had holes in the roof. Cleanliness was very poor. It was v.expensive, they should be ashamed at the poor value for money they offer. Staff were arrogant and dismissive. There is a night club based here so if you are normal, and want any sleep, this is not the place for you due to noise that carries on all night. Not a bad location, not central but you can use the subway (1.70 Euro).

Belushi's downstairs is a great feature!

• 7th Jul 2014

Everything was spot on, friendly and helpful staff, clean and new facilities, big rooms, fantastic beds are great atmosphere. Was very impressed and will be coming back :)

• 7th Jul 2014

This hostel was amazing. Loved it. The only bad thing was that it took a while to get anywhere by foot but there's two metro stations within a five min walk away so it's easily rectified.

Very large hostel nicely located directly by the channel in the outskirts of Paris. 30min to Eifel Tower with Metro (5min to station). Contras: Very loud... Door's slamming all the time. All of the men's toilets on the second floor out of order (and it looks like they haven't worked for a long time). Pro's: Pub Party in Hostel, Good value in general

Hi, Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We really appreciate the feedback and are glad you had a great time with us! The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Honestly, I have no idea how this hostel is so highly rated, it's so so far away from everything they say it's 20 mins from paris centre, well it took me 50 from the minutie I left the door via the metro (which I'm familiar with) if your backpacking and want to see paris nightlife this isn't the place to be if you want to see the sights this isn't the place to be. There is no attraction to stay here. For 36 euros I was gobsmacked at how bad this place was, no elevator/toilet or shower on 5thflor

• 6th Jul 2014

I was really impressed with this hostel. It spoilt me as my first hostel of my trip! The curtains around the bed were a great addition and something I've missed staying in other hostels.

• 5th Jul 2014

Thanks for the great review! We very much hope to see you again in the future. The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

The elevator was broken for our entire stay, and we were on the top floor. The people at the front desk were fabulous, they people in the eating area were not very helpful.

• 4th Jul 2014

Hi, Thank you so much for the feedback! Apologies for the elevator being out of order, it's back up and running now but we understand the frustration! The Team at Sy Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Cool bar downstairs, great place to meet other travelers. Friendly and helpful staff. Plus amazing breakfast. I would recommend.