St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

The hostel isn't near the city attractions, but is close to metro stations that can take you anywhere without problem. It is shaped like an hotel due to its size and high number of rooms. I stayed in an ensuite room and it was very spacious with adequate bathroom (separate toillet and shower is convenient). It has a GREAT bar downstairs, with live music and gran food and drink alternatives. A little too big to meet other guests easily, but still not impossible. Also a nice small club downstairs.

Toilets could be cleaner.

only stay there for one night,but the bar is really cool,clean bathroom,friendly staff, good view,just the Wi-Fi can't be connected in the room

Thanks for your review. We are looking at upgrading our wifi so hopefully this will be sorted in time for you next stay, Thanks St. Christophers

Most of the staff were very nice but there was one guy really rude!!!! Sheets were clean but this is crazy to share only three shower rooms with maybe 100 girls staying at the same floor

I stayed in a private double bed with shared bathroom. Everything was clean and simple. There was a water heater with comp. teas and coffee. Towels were provided and individual packets of soap! Nice small touches. Would stay here again.

A brilliant place to stay, enjoyed every minute

• 16th Jan 2015

Best hostel to stay at in Paris. Everything is within walking distance. The staff was awesome and the rooms are big enough. The bakery down the street was amazing and there's an Indian restaurant was amazing too. The bar has great deals on food and drinks! The BBQ Cheese Melt burger is great!

Good hostel. Clean and modern facilities. The restaurant downstairs was pretty good, but a bit expensive. Music was too loud during early stages of the night. Couldn't talk to the person sitting next to me at dinner. Staff were friendly and helpful. I did have someone try and pick my pocket in the restaurant area. I caught him and security kicked him out, although they were regulars (not guests) which makes me think security was in on it. Paris is full of scammers and thieves, even in hostels.

I found the floor of the bedroom sticky from soda during my entire stay at the hostel--indication that there was never any mopping done on the floor. The showers and bathrooms could also use serious periodic cleaning. The common room also stank. I wrote complaints to the manager and was told that they will do their best to improve in the future. Also, the luggage room should be available for free with options of coin lockers instead of making everyone pay.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

One time is enough for me... can't sleep, cause people are screaming at the hallway mid. Of night. Hearing baby cry at night, I had such a bad experience.

• 14th Jan 2015

actually good

Nice place in every practical aspect, but the atmosphere was a little too try-hard, pretentious; by trying to be an spontaneous place, it became a little souless. Would recommend if the intention is just stayng there for sleephours and shower; if interaction with people from different parts of the world is the idea, maybe not.

• 9th Jan 2015

I rate my stay as average. Here are my comments: 1.A kettle was provided in the room. However, an electrical outlet was nowhere near to plug in the kettle. 2.I felt the rate was too high for a single person. For a few more euros, I could have stayed in a 3 star hotel located more centrally. I didn't feel I got value for $. 3.The directions to the hotel (fr Laumiere station) was too long, when it was much easier to walk from the Crimee station. 4.Milk served during breakfast was not cold.

• 9th Jan 2015

Everything good except the cleaning of the bathrooms.

Hello, Thank you for taking time to give us your impressions We are happy to know you enjoyed it We apologize for the cleanliness of the sanitaries We really try our best to keep our batrooms clean by cleaning more than twice a day See you next time Safe travels St Christopher's team

One word: expensive. Forget their "deals". And their so-called "free" internet is probably the slowest connection I have ever used, when it doesnt kick you off after visiting one or two pages.

Hi Thank you for your review. Sorry you didn't enjoy your stay here, but thanks for letting us know why, so we can improve for the future. Safe travels. St Chris Team.

The restrooms were cleaned frequently which is awesome. The breakfast was great too! The staff was super helpful and SO cool. I am definitely staying here whenever I return to Paris.

Hi there, We are very happy to hear you enjoyed the hostel. Thanks for all these super comments. Come back anytime!! Safe travels St Chris team

I liked the curtain in front of my bed for privacy. I also enjoyed the light and the electric outlet above my bed. I appreciated that all showers and toilets were in the hall way. I always had a shower available when I wanted to. And above all we had a lot of choice for breakfast.

• 5th Jan 2015

Door to the dorm wouldn't close automatically so whenever someone left, our door would be ajar. Location is decent for Paris, not many alternatives in a better place. Area was nice during the day but not much suitable nightlife, a good cinema nearby. Atmosphere down in Belushi's was superb. Loved the bed curtains. Can imagine in peak periods two showers for an entire floor would be problematic. Wifi decent in room on one of the top floors (IIRC). Broken lift for first few days was killer.

Hi Thanks For your great review, and for letting us know about the problem with the door. We will focus out immediate attention at fixing this problem, as Hostelers security is a main priority. Hope to see you again soon.

I had a really good stay.

Hi , Staff very rude !!! Thanks