St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Always lively!

I was sexually harassed by a roommate here, which I don't blame the hostel for. Still recommended. But, what I do blame them for is putting only one girl in a large mixed dorm room...you should always place two girls minimum in a mixed dorm. That's just common sense to most. Have to pay to keep your luggage here, and because they don't have enough small/medium lockers, you end up having to pay more for wasted space when you are stuck with the big lockers. Breakfast: cereal, baguette, drinks.

I am so sorry to hear that you were harassed! I am emailing you directly to find out what happened and to make sure we ban that person from all St. Christopher's Inns. Typically we try to make the rooms diverse and I'm so sorry we fell short for you. We have switched out our lockers as well!

I had a great experience in Paris and a lot of that was owed to St. Christopher's! The atmosphere was great; I met a lot of cool people! Our room was nice, but unfortunately we were placed with 3 men who snored extremely loud so we didn't really sleep. I was really disappointed that two of the nights we came back late and wanted to eat food but the kitchen was closed. We were told that it didn't close until 12 every night, but it was closed at 10:30 when we tried to order food. Otherwise great!

Hey we are so glad you had a good time with us! I'm sorry to hear about the snorers, next time ask us at reception, we'll move you if we can, but if not then at least we have free earplugs to help with those difficult sleepers. I've talked to the kitchen as well, typically they are open until 23h and we'll make sure they stay open until then!

Great dorms, Great community spaces including Bar (with guest discounts) and a club. Location was near metro but could be better. Lock Storage in room did not fit small size locks, so take note of that. It also did not secure small items unless they were kept in big items like a backpack, again not a problem but be informed. Only real complaint I had was about bathrooms for dorms, which smelled awful.

Thanks for the review and glad you had a good time! We have locks available to buy if you need one. I'm sorry about the bathroom! We've been doing renovations of the bathroom and they are finishing this week. The smell was related to that, but we've gotten it taken care of. Hope to see you again soon!

A bit far from things like the Eiffel Tower etc. but other than that, a great hostel! Very friendly people and great atmosphere! Would stay here again

Our last stay in a hostel and it was a good one. The rooms were large with massive lockers(make sure you have a padlock), it was nice having a sink in the room. The bathrooms were big and the showers were nice. Breakfast was okay nothing out of this world. The wifi wasn't very good at all. The staff were great, helped us with buying tickets as well as dealing with a grumpy French men.

you have to payed for the lockers, and are really expensive!

I thought this was the best hostel on my trip. Awesome, fun atmosphere where I met tons of fellow travelers. Staff was friendly and helpful, beds with privacy curtains. I've been recommending it in all my travels.

perfecto todo...muy amable el staff en especial Narjis...la mejor

Nice large private room. Shared baths were clean and plentiful. large enclosed showers. Great modern hostel. Friendly staff

I loved this place. I plan on trying to stay at another location of theirs in Berlin. Would suggest 100% for college students and young adults.

• 21st Mar 2015

We're so glad you loved it! Berlin is great too, you'll have a great time!

Great place for travelers of all ages, but especially students. Great scenic location on a canal, and two metro stops are within a 10-15 minute walk. Good food made better by the discount given to hostel guests. The seating area is often crowded so it's hard to find a table on occasion, but that speaks to the enjoyable environment. Excellent security as well; keycard is required for both floor access and dorm access.

I don't think we could have said nicer things ourselves. Thank you so much for your great review! You know how to make an entire hostel's worth of people feel great!

Liked everything: large spaces, kind staff, great location etc. Just one remark: there is no luggage room and this leads to the lack of available lockers.

• 20th Mar 2015

So glad you had fun! We try to be as helpful and kind as possible! I have good news with the lockers too, we will have new ones available soon, which should give more storage options!

Really warm, kind staff that seemed to enjoy their jobs! Breakfast was delicious and added value to the stay. Gorgeous location along the canal even if it's still a ways from the Seine.

• 18th Mar 2015

I can't say enough good things about St Christopher's Inns. I've stayed in the one in Paris and Barcelona, and both experiences were fantastic! Super friendly staff, lockers in all the rooms, and my personal favorite feature: PRIVACY SHADES ON ALL BEDS! Such a fantastic feature. A little privacy in a hostel goes a long way when you just want to relax and be alone for a bit. Wifi wasn't the most reliable but that's par for the course in most hostels, and it was better than most. Recommended!

Didn't particularly love our stay at this hostel, it was located far away from the city center, and there weren't any common rooms to hang out in not a kitchen. The Belushis Bar which is located on the bottom floor of the hostel advertises great deals and discounts for hostelers, but the prices are still incredibly high. We are not planning to return.

Hi Thank you for your review Next time you'll have to checkout the Beautiful Parks and Attractions in the local area. With 350 beds a kitchen is unfortunately not sustainable, which is why we have the discounts in the bar and restaurant, which are quite moderately priced for Paris. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Nice mix between hostel and hotel. friendly staff

Thanks so much! "Friendly staff" is one of our favorite phrases!

Best hostel in Paris! Bar is so well located on the canal locals are going and there's always a good atmosphere. Plus beds have curtains, a little thing but when you're 12 in a room nobody comes back at the same time in the night and this way you don't get woken up by cellphone lights of people at 3am.

Hey there! Thank you for the praise! A little privacy in a hostel tends to go a long way... Glad you had fun, that is what we are here for. Karlie at reception.

Staff was extremely friendly; breakfast actually included some sort of meat; bar and food was agreeable enough; my biggest reservation was that it seemed like a central hub for American travelers more than almost any other hostel I've stayed at.

We are super proud of our breakfast and think it's pretty good :) We welcome all guests, there might have been a lot of Americans when you were here, but typically we are a great mix of people from all around the world!

I was really impressed with what I was able to get for such a small amount of money. The free breakfast was a great way to start my day. The location was close to metro stops, and also had a nice proximity to the water. I was able to meet new people at their bar and club (first hostel ive been to with a club!) It was really the ideal place for the solo traveler.

• 13th Mar 2015

Thank you so much! I love our breakfast as well, I can never turn down baguette and Nutella. The bar and club are great, always fun and the bartenders make sure of that. Come back again, it's a great place to visit in a group as well!