St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

During my stay, their elevator was broken for 3 days, my room was in 5th floor, that's kind of trouble for me to climb the stairs all the time. And they did not even put any sign to inform the guests that the elevator was not working!

It was a decent stay with them as the staff were helpful and friendly, they offered free breakfast for the guests and big lobby room which was really convenient to meet new friends. However, the wifi signal is quite unstable and weak, especially in my room.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Vietnam

This hostel has the basics of safety and cleanliness. It's too big to meet many people. There is a bar downstairs but people don't really socialize there except with people they already know. They do not provide locks so bring your own. The worst thing was definitely the location, at least a half hour walk from anything you'd want to do in Paris and in a sketchy neighborhood. Fine if you just need a bed and don't mind long walks or the metro, but not a fun or interesting place.

I absolutely loved this hostel! I only stayed two nights which was really disappointing I would have loved to stay longer. Loved the location right on the canal it was beautiful. They had everything I needed plus lots and lots more, there was always a deal on. I'm planning on coming back someday and bringing my friends with me!

• 17th Dec 2014

Hi Thank you for your amazing review. We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay here, and please do come back and bring your friends.

This hostel is definitely value for money. However it is off-centre meaning that the nightlife around it is somewhat limited, expecially in winter. Its position relative to the Metro station Crimée makes up for this. On a different note, I found the hostel to be heavily profit-geared. The toilets in the rooms do not have any soap, which can be found on sale at the hostel reception for a few euros. The same is true for padlocks. Point being: bring everything you need for a hassle-free stay.

Hi Thank you for your taking the time to write this review. We pride ourselves on our position here, right nearby the beautiful Parks; Buttes Chamont and La Villette. also our position on the beautiful Canal St Martin. We have soap provided in the bathrooms, just not in the showers and therefore we make sure we have all necessary comforts readily available here at reception. Hope to see you again soon.

The staff were all really nice and so were the people who were staying there. Would be really nice in the summer! Food at the bar was pretty good and had a couple burgers there myself. It's not in the best location for sight seeing, but the metro is really easy and close. The directions the staff gave me were excellent. The big street next to the hostel had some decent bars on it as far as I know. The cleaner is the scariest woman on earth.

Hostel was pretty great. Very helpful and friendly staff, rooms were clean and having a pub AND a club at the bar gave you some options depending on your mood. Withing walking distance to a lot of other places as well.

Staff super helpful, arrived at 5 am and allowed me to check in to get back to sleep. Beds are super comfy and have own privacy curtain and plugs. Everything seemed very clean and neat. Has a bar where you get good discounts on the food, which is yummy! Overall enjoyed my stay!

• 12th Dec 2014

Hi Glad you enjoyed your stay here with us, and thank you for taking the time to make this review. Hope to see you again soon.

Pretty well kept hostel. Bar is always flourishing with people and music especially at night. Bar staff are pretty cool and friendly too. Things were a bit expensive though and it felt like we were being ripped off with towel hire and laundry costs. Food nearby is much cheaper then the bar despite the discount given to patrons. Apart from that it has great atmosphere and is always lively. Staff are friendly and the red headed girl at reception is pretty cute. Solid hostel

Hi Thanks for the great review. We hope you stay with us again, next time you're in Paris.

Keep it the way it is now ... It should be enough to keep peoples for a long time ! ;-))

• 9th Dec 2014

Hi Thank you for your great review. We'll try and keep things this way for you, and we hope to see you again soon.

Very decent hostel. Nothing special in terms of atmosphere though. Located 10 min from the metro. Public bar inside. Rooms are ok, beds great. Chargers besides the bed. Lockers under the bed. Curtain can give privacy.

Bar and atmosphere was great. The deal on food was amazing. Free breakfast was alright, not the worst I've had at a hostel, but something other than bread would be nice. Bar was a tad expensive for a hostel, but fun. Loved the live music nightly. Bathrooms were kind of gross.

Hi Thank you very much for your great review. Glad you enjoyed your stay here, and we hope to see you again soon.

The elevator didn't work so when we report it took them 4 days to fix it.The window in the toilets didn't close so when you want to take a shower it was a bit chilly over there!!For towels you have to pay 10 euros and they will return you back 6 when you returne it back which means they charge you 4 euros for a towel!!The area it's not so safe at night and thanks for the security Guard that he didn't leave anyone to come in.The coffee it was too strong and the cuttlery always run out!Enjoy!:)

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Greece

Hi Thank you for your review. We are currently working our way through all the bathrooms renovating and fixing any problems, and are also looking at changing our lift service company. Unfortunately We need to charge €4 for the towels to cover our laundry costs. Thanks to the help of our security team, we are able to provide a fun and safe environment inside the hostel. We hope to see you again soon.

It's little too expensive for the location where its at, personally speaking. Metro is very convenient but still it takes good 20 min to get everywhere and almost 30 euros for a night its little pricy.

It was indeed a pleasant stay, Staying with St. Christopher's Inn Canal makes you.feeel that you.are on a Holiday...

• 1st Dec 2014
  • India

Friendly and helpful staff. Wifi not working at all times. Cool atmosphere and good location in Paris. Rooms and bathrooms were clean.

The Hostel was comfortable and inviting. The rooms where very clean and well maintained. The staff went well beyond what they had to in order to make everyone feel at home. I would certainly stay there again.

• 28th Nov 2014

wifi never worked in any of the rooms i stayed in, elevator was out when checking out. not good for meeting people. showers last about 20 seconds then you have to hit button again.

• 26th Nov 2014

The key to my room could also unlock all the rooms on my floor. There was no power outlet next to my bed, which was unfortunate, because it is important my phone stay charged so I can use it to take pictures and find directions.

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write your review. The key situation, is highly unusual and a master card must have been made by mistake. We will remind our staff to be more careful when making key cards. We will also ensure that all beds are properly fitted with power outlets.

Definitely a hotel style hostile. The staff is absolutely wonderful. CC, Amparo, and Karlie were super friendly and helpful. Red hair girl behind the desk (never caught your name. Sorry.) Made sure I didn't have to move rooms even though I had two separate reservations. Really easy to take the metro anywhere in the city. It's really geared towards American and Australians so if your looking for authentic Paris, this is not for you. Good common room. Thumbs up.

Hi Thank you for taking the time to make this great review. Glad you enjoyed your stay, and our staff's hospitality. We hope you come back soon.