St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

The one thing about these chain hostels (esp St. Christophers) is that they try to wrest control of your money at every opportunity. If you come at 1:55pm, you can't check in and instead pay 5 euros to use a locker to store your luggage. You should be out of your bed at 10:00 exact. It is this insistence which isn't wrong, but ain't much right either. No major complaints apart from the lift not working (had to walk 5 floors everytime!!)

We're working on the lift and are hoping that it will be better soon, but in the mean time just ask reception and we can help you with the bags. Sorry if we are a bit of sticklers on check-in and check-out, but housekeeping has a big job ahead of them each day so we try help them out!

Loved the restaurant/bar on the 1st floor. Very cool environment. Free breakfast is always amazing. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Well then you better come back! Our breakfast is my favorite thing about us, except maybe our location along the canal!

The lift did not work. Not able to carry both cases to 5th floor. So used a locker. Would of liked a view of the canal. Although after looking at it I don,t think we missed much, it resembles an open sewer

We're sorry about the lift, but we are trying to make it work! Reception will be more than happy to carry up your bags! You must have caught the canal on a bad day, usually it's one of the most peaceful parts of paris!

We really enjoyed our time at this hostel, especially because of the great staff and the bar downstairs. It was a little far out of the city for us, about 30 minutes on the metro. Also our shower smelled dirty and made our room smell like dirty water. This wasn't something that ruined our stay at all it was just a bit weird. overall, great stay and I'll be sure to check our their second location next time I'm in Paris :)

Sorry about the showers, we had a problem with the pipe, but got it fixed now! We aren't next to the louvre (but are 15 minutes away by metro), but we think this is one of the nicest parts of the city! We're right next to the canal and just minutes way away from the most beautiful park of paris, Butte Chaumont!

Didn't realize going there that it was a party hostel. Not really my thing. They have pay lockers downstairs if you need to leave valuables for a few days. Makes me feel realllly safe when leaving my very expensive laptop behind. But I heard more stories of theft around the hostel (rooms) than other hostels ive been in, so be careful. I guess it's more of a problem there with the amount of people they have. Their breakfast is pretty nice.

Sorry if the bar was a bit too wild, but we give out free ear plugs to help with noise. We do all we can to stop thieves, but that is why we have lockers for every bed that are free to use, you just need to bring a padlock (or get one from reception). The breakfast is one of our finest qualities I believe!

St. Christopher's is the first hostel I've ever stayed in. I was blown away by how at home we felt the whole time and how much fun we had there. Facilities were clean and the bar/club were a great time. The staff was especially welcoming, specifically Laith, one of SC's bartenders who went out of his way to make our time more enjoyable. I would recommend this hostel to any of my friends!

• 13th May 2015

Laith is a positive light in our hostel, I've never seen him without a smile! We think our staff is really what makes us great, so I'm glad you could enjoy your time!

The staff was awesome. They were experimenting with a cheese and wine tasting activity that really helped with socializing. A little tucked away but the location was awesome. You get to experience local culture especially even ending when locals just hang out near the canal. The rooms were not the newest but everything worked and was clean. Kitchen would have been nice but near shops to get cheap food. Away from touristy areas and touristy prices.

I don't have any complaints about my stay here. The staff are so friendly and always available. We were even given a glass of cold lemon water upon arrival because we looked so exhausted, which we were! The rooms are the cleanest, the bathrooms and showers are always clean, the breakfast is simple, but great and the staff is probably the best part! If I return to Paris again, I will always try to stay here.

Thank you so much! We try to do all we can to make your stay great, and lemon water on hot days is part of that! I'm glad to hear you liked us and all I can say is come back soon!

Lift not fixed throughout my stay was disappointing as I was on level 5. Otherwise a nice established hostel. I liked the interesting facts and pictures framed across the walls.

We are working on the lift, sorry that is was down! We will always help with your bags though!

the hostel itself was great. open mic night was fantastic but the deals advertised at the bar were often misleading

A very clean and safe hostel with excellent facilities, a great atmosphere and good opportunities to socialise with other travellers!

Amazing staff. Nice rooms with curtains for the beds. Free breakfast (was very basic) 25% off the food in the bar, which was very nice. Good burgers! No longer than 30mins from any main train station with metro. A bit out of the center, 45mins from the Eiffel Tower. But metro tickets are cheap. Very recommended!

Hi there, thank you for your words. Good to hear you liked the facilities of the hostel, and we'll definitely pass on the compliments for the burgers to our chef! We are happy you could eventually see the good side of our location. In the summer, it is also very nice to take a drink at the canal next to the hostel. Feel free to come back soon and to have fun with us again!

Amazing hostel! Definitely one of the best in Europe!

• 6th May 2015

This hostel is gigantic. If you're all by yourself, it will be really hard to meet new people. The facilities themselves are fine, staff is nice, bar is good. It's just too big, you don't get that friendly meet-everyone-feel that you get from smaller hostels.

Sorry you didn't get to meet as many people! If you come back, check out our hostel events like our wine and cheese night on Tuesday or our Monday/Thursday Welcome drinks or one of the many others we got! Or just hang around reception, we'll be your friend!

Great hostel. Will be staying at your other locations as well

• 5th May 2015

Thanks so much! That makes us super happy to hear!

The hostel was amazing! It was me and my friends first time staying in a hostel and I'm glad we picked St. Christopher's Inn Canal in Paris. The atmosphere is amazing! Everyone is so friendly. We've made so many new friends and we actually plan to travel to all the facilities that St. Christopher's Inn has in Europe! Is recommend everyone to stay here!! They have an awesome bar and events going on every night that even people that live in Paris go to their bar to hang out. it was truly awesome!

• 5th May 2015

Great to hear you had a great time! More than anything, we try to be a place for people to have a great time with people from everywhere in the world! Come back again anytime!

Staff was very helpful and was always available to answer any questions especially in arranging transportation to the airport.

• 4th May 2015

Hi there! Thanks so much for your nice comments. We try to help you out as much as we can, and we are happy we succeeded! We hope to see you soon again. We wish you safe travels and all the best! Greetings from Paris!

By far the nicest shared dorm hostel I have stayed in. The lady at the front let us check in at 8am after all night travel and she found us beds that were ready which was really nice. Good bar, clean rooms, comfortable beds. Good stuff!

Hey, thank you very much for your kind review. We are happy we were able to provide you the comfort you needed after a long night of travelling. Nice to hear you liked the facilities in the hostel too! Have a great day and we hope to see you soon again. Amparo, reception team

I made a reciprocation online months before so when I got to the hostel it was a misunderstanding took about 30 to 40 minutes for me to get my room that was a little frustrating also she never told me that I will be sharing rooms with a another person. Their were only two persons in the staff that were very helpful an that was some girl with green eyes I forgot her name but she works in the afternoon also Gabriel VERY helpful the best customer service ever my stay was good because of them two.

I'm sorry about the misunderstanding, but most our rooms are dormitories so sharing is pretty normal. I passed on your kind words to the staff that helped you and the rest of us will be better next time!

Least backpacker hostel i have stayed at.. Most people seemed to just be traveling through paris for a day on the way to somewhere else in europe. In the 5 days i have stayed here i have only seen 3 backpacks in the 12 bed dorm. Everyone has been great, its just not a backpacker atmoshere imo. Staff is good, i like the area, its cheap, wifi in the room is horrible but in lobby is good, good bathrooms/showers, bad breakfast and no kitchen.Its cheap which is good since im broke, but its not good.

Hello there. Thank you for leaving your thoughts with us. We try as much as we can to give people the ultimate backpacker feeling, I'm sorry we were unable to give you this experience. We have these great new backpacker events, so make sure you join us next time! Usually we have lots of backpackers, and even more when we are approaching the high season. There were lots of schoolgroups these weeks. We are upgrading the wifi at the moment, so it will be awesome the next time you're staying!