St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

The bar is fantastic only beaten by the staff otherwise a free way to store luggage would be grand

I have stayed at this hostel before, and it was great. The rooms were spacious, clean, and had nice furnishing (the bunks with the privacy screens were great). However, god help you if you end up on the top floor. The bunks are open, there's none of the nice new hardware or the privacy screens. The shower could have used more attention from the staff.

A bit out of town but the transport system is so good in Paris your in town in no time. Despite the location I would go here again. A pod bed with a curtains to give you privacy and big enough lockers to put your whole bag in. Oh and a buffet breakfast which is free!!!

Very good atmosphere of youth hangouts. Lovely breakfast. Wonderful WiFi Internet in the rooms. Water canal and lifting bridge create a feeling of old Paris. A trip to Paris very much. Sincerely, Oleg from New York City

Definitely not the best hostel Ive stayed at. Okay at best. Upon arrival, our room was mixed up twice. So it was up and down 5 floors with packs, 3 times. Elevator was not working. Laundry service wasn't too good. Washed our clothes fine, but dryer took 4 cycles (at 1.50euro/cycle). Also hard to meet people as the restaurant (beluchis) is open to the public. You don't know if people are staying at the hostel, or just stopping by. Great rooms though! Good size, good lockers and curtain on beds.

Very comfortable stay! Free breakfast was great. Only thing missing was a kitchen however meals through restaurant were great. Can't complain!

Lift wasn't working, apparently hasn't been for quite a while. Not in the best location felt quite unsafe at night. Hostel beds good handy having the privacy curtain and own PowerPoint.

Hi, Thanks for the review, it really helps us to improve. We have just finished upgrading our elevator - which we hope will resolve the issues we have been having! Enjoy the rest of your travels! St. Christ. Team.

The staff was amazing. A couple of the girls even took me out, the other people at the hostel where awesome!

• 24th Aug 2015

The hostel was great. Good location, great food at reasonable prices, spacious rooms with curtains round the bed which was fantastic. The place was clean and staff very helpful. I did not want to leave. Paris I will be back.

I was in Christopher's Inn Canal in 2012 and unfortunately this time I noticed the place isn't the same anymore... My room was stinky and the bed was noisy furthermore each time someone made any movement three others beds ( which were linked) shook as well. My room had a window that was in front of the hostel and was in the first floor, because of this I spent some nights awake with people talking outside. Actually, seems travelers don't respect anymore others travelers who are in the same room

Hostel was very clean pretty good atmosphere but it was over priced and very far from main attractions unfortunately

It was a bit far from certain sites but the subway was close and its easy to get around! 3 of the staff members there though we're really really rude constantly during our stay of 3 nights! It was like when we went to go ask them or talk to them we were interrupting there socializing and the one staff member actually belittled me talking to me like I was stupid over something so little. I found lots of the staff great and friendly though. Clean, good breakfast, okay showers wear flip flops!

The best hostel we've stayed at across Europe abs there's been a few! The only downside is no kitchen to use but the bar offered great meals at reasonable price. Staff were incredibly helpful especially with metro directions! Defiantly stay here again!

10/10. So clean, so well organized, great value for your money. Includes free breakfast in the bar, showers and beds were clean, rooms were big. Very impressed overall. They also give discounts to Paris attractions if you buy tickets in advance. Would definitely recommend. Seems a little far on the map, but it's not - the area is beautiful, and you were going to get on the subway anyway ;)

• 20th Aug 2015

Very clean, very nice hostel. Excellent breakfast.

Clean hostel with friendly staff. Close to the Metro and right on a gorgeous canal with lots of restaurants and a supermarket nearby. The wifi worked well everywhere. I liked that the beds had curtains for extra darkness and some privacy. The under bed lockers were big, but inconvenient for those whose beds were right next to the door. There were plenty of showers and toilets on my floor. The bathrooms need more power outlets so you can use a hairdryer in there and not wake up your roommates.

Good Hostel located not far from the underground. Makes it easy for traveling. Has coin-op laundry(€3/€1.5), computer access and foosball table in chill area. Usually have something going on in the evenings(welcome drinks, beer pong), so it is very easy to meet people as a solo traveler. Also has wifi, but service wasn't the greatest on the 5th floor. Nice curtains for each of the beds(which lead to there usually being someone sleeping at all times, but w/e), and each bed has light/usb/wall plug

The hostels best features is def. The rooms, I have never had such a big room in a hostel before, wich was really nice since i was in a 12 bedrom dormetory. A Nother nice fature were the fact that you can sit by the riverbank and eat you breakfast, drink coffe, wine..(: The only downside, It was qite noicy at night, bec . My dorm Were on first floor, and right above the bars enterance and a busy road - Windows had to be open All the time (or Else the room would get to hot), so not Best sleep.)

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Denmark

It's great to see that overall you had a good stay, we hope that you will come back and see us soon. We will make sure that we always have stock of our free earplugs so you can avoid some evening distractions happening outside. We're pleased to see you enjoyed the rooms and our great location. St Christopher's Inn Canal

i love my stay in the hostel-good bed-so comfy-good location-

The lift the was broken at the time which sucked and I feel like the rooms need some sort of aircon or fan in them as they get way too stuffy even in the cooler months. I also feel it is a little overpriced considering how far out of Paris it is and compared to other hostels.