St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Really cool hostel. Free breakfast. Nice rooms. Great location near 2 metros. Lots of activities on offer.

Hey ! Thank you for taking your time to leave a review. Im glad you enjoyed your time here. We would love to see you back next time!

Everything was great including the atmosphere. Free breakfast, restaurant downstairs, live music, a bar, a club, and a room to chill with a great outside view. Definitely a great place to also meet new people. Only downside from my time of stay was that the elevator kept breaking down and the wifi in my room wasn't working properly, however I knew the guys in the front were working hard to call and get it fixed. Other than that I recommend this place.

• 18th Jun 2015

Absolutely loved it. I feel spoiled, this was my first hostel on my trip and no others have been able to meet St Christopher's on service, facilities and staff! Highly recommend!

I felt that the hostel should've cost less because the location was so far outside the city. There really is not much to do near the canal except sit by the canal. The wifi did not work in my room the first night I was there, which was not good. I was traveling with two separate locks and neither of them worked with the lockers provided, and I did not want to spend five euro on a new lock from reception. I'm glad that the hostel provided breakfast, though!

Hey you, thanks for leaving a review! Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the location. The canal is really nice but it's true that it does have a different vibe than the touristy areas. To go closer to the "center" of Paris there are 2 metro stations that are just a short walk from the hostel that will take you to there in 15-20 min. And I agree with you - the breakfast is really good!

Definitely could be cleaner. The lockers were annoying because most locks don't work with them.

Thank you for leaving us a review! Sorry to hear you weren't happy with the cleanliness. We provide each bed with a locker to ensure our guests safety, if the padlock one would bring is too small we sell medium sized padlocks at reception as well!

Found out on arrival they booked out our room to someone else because they complained and instead of putting them into a hotel they gave them our room and put us in a hotel. Well I say hotel but it was barely that. It was 15 minutes away from the hostel FURTHER out of town. Run down room, mould in the bathroom and we had to pay for it on arrival. On a noisy street as well. No sleep. A massive inconvenience, disgusting experience with st christophers will never recommend their accommodation.

• 17th Jun 2015

Nice place! Super big and really clean. Found it a bit too big to easily meet people as a solo traveller. Far away from any of the attractions of Paris, but it is a 5 minute walk to the metro station, which is good. Overall good stay.

Hellohello, thanks for leaving a review! It's too bad you weren't able to meet many other backpackers - we try to offer events in the hostel such as Welcome Drinks, Game Nights and Picknicks so that it's easy even for solo travelers to meet new people. Happy to hear you still enjoyed your stay :)

I have stayed here twice now and loved it! Really close to the train so easy to get around. Each bed has a curtain and power point, they are really comfy too. Clean bathrooms and rooms. Good discounts at the bar for food and drinks. Free breakfast & wifi are also really good. You will need a large padlock for the lockers. Nothing bad to say about this place! We will be staying here again shortly :)

Hey!! Awesome to hear you like it here! We like you too! You're right, the curtains do add that extra privacy you need to get a god night's sleep. Look forward to having you back soon :)

It's in a really rough part of the city, didn't seem safe to be around it after dark, wouldn't recommend it to solo females. 14 metro stops from central Paris. They had a problem with people gaining access to corridors and trying to break into rooms. Long walk to the toilets and showers. I was here a few times over the summer for work (ie not my choice to book it) and the lift is always broken. Plus side- curtains on bunks, lockers, key cards, spacious showers

Unfortunately the elevador was Always broken and the Wi-Fi would never work om the bedrooms, you had had to go down to the lobby if you wanted to have any sort of connection. The kind of thing you dont want to have when you stayin the sixth floor. Another terrible detail is the working of the dryer machine, only one dries effectively. Lots of people, besides me, had to stay morr than two hours and spend lots of money to have the clothes clean and dry

• 16th Jun 2015

Heya, thanks for giving us some feedback! I'm very sorry about the elevator, we're all very very frustrated about it as well - but now it has finally been fixed! I'll pass on the message about the dryers, we will try to have them fixed so people will have no problem getting dry clothes in the future. Hope you still had a good stay and met some cool people!

I had a great time!

• 16th Jun 2015
  • trenchenyk

Awesome!!! Thanks for staying with us :)

I had the best time of my whole life the past 4 days, the walking tour allowed me to meet so many different people which we ended up hanging out with for the duration of my trip. I loved that the hostel sold tickets for a few of the tourist attractions such as the catacombs, this meant that I didn't have to que up in a 2 hour que and we walked straight in and felt fabulous. The cleanliness of the hostel was beyond what I expected, Atmostphoere was so amazing!

• 15th Jun 2015

Reading your review gives me chills ! That's what travelling is all about - meeting new people from all over the world. Good choice in getting your museum ticket from us, makes you feel like star just passing by everybody in the line like that ! Hope to see your back in our hostel soon for new experiences :)

Loved this hostel in Paris! Clean, staff were amazing and the breakfast was delicious! Back in Paris, is stay here for sure.

Awesome! Happy to hear you enjoyed it here! Especially happy that you enjoyed our friendly staff - it's our favorite part of the job to meet, get to know and give tips to fellow travelers. Hope to see you back with us soon :)

I appreciated the free breakfast, it was a great start to my day. The location is alright, it was nice to be close to the water but it is a bit of a trek to get to some of Paris´ larger monuments. There seemed to be a bit of organisational issues, I was sent to the wrong room which caused some problems later on when another guest was also sent to sleep in my bed. The rooms are very spacious, but my bedding was way overdue for replacement.

Hello hello, thanks for taking the time to write a review. Glad you enjoyed the varied breakfast buffet, it's important to start out strong when you're gonna be out exploring all day! Sorry to hear about the mistake with the rooms but thanks for being so understanding. I hope it worked out in the end and that you still enjoyed your stay!

Depends on which room your in and if you can socialize with people in the hostel rest area. The bar seems to be full with locals at night so it's harder to meet people in there.

Hey there, thanks for giving some feedback! You're right, the hostel experience really depends a lot on who your "roommates" are. Since the bar and restaurant is open to the public, we offer a few hostel events like Welcome Drinks and Picknicks only for our guests to make it easier for hostelers to meet and hangout!

Ok so my review is not great as the hostel is in a awkward area, the staff check you in and leave you to it. It has a very expensive bar and a no drinking in room policy (we broke that rule) also everyone on here raves about the breakfast! Why it's rubbish!!! Cheese and ham!!! It's not a awful place to stay but I paid 30 Gbp and have stayed in better that cost £7, book a smaller hostel for atmosphere but if you want more hotel style book here. I even cancelled last night.

• 12th Jun 2015

Hello, thanks for giving some feedback about your stay. Too bad you didn't enjoy the breakfast, we try to offer a varied breakfast with something for everyone with different cereal, yogurt, fruit salad, juice and hot beverages as well as bread, jam and cheese and ham. For a bar in Paris, our drink prices are quite low. We also do special offers for hostelers to compensate since we know you're used to travelling around to other countries where drinking is cheaper!

The staff was great here, they were very friendly and helpful about finding things to do during the day. The metro is decently close too. I was disappointed that the restaurant/bar area was always so dirty; Even at breakfast it looked as if they hadn't cleaned from the night before. Overall, I had a 'good' stay here. It would have been better if the girl above me wouldn't have brought guys back at night...but I guess that's a risk of staying in a hostel.

• 11th Jun 2015

I completely get why this hostel has such a high rating. It's spacious and well maintained. Although my stay was pleasant I felt that the atmosphere was very, very American which is not a bad thing but also not what I was looking for in Paris. The prices are a bit high and the location, although beautiful, is far from the center of the city. The wifi didn't work in my room at all and you have to keep pushing the shower on every minute or so. Other than that it's very comfortable and nice.

Loved it here! Great location and super friendly staff. Great vibe and wonderful people to be around. Lots of cool things to do, very traveler friendly. Great place for college kids.

The staff was great. Really friendly and welcoming and knew a bunch of information about Paris I didn't find on the Internet. They made the hostel great. The restaurant on the first floor was also pretty nice especially if you didn't want to go out. You could still have s meal and some drinks. I was disappointed in the showers and lift. The showers didn't drain (one day water was coming into the hallway) and the lift was often broke. Being on the 5th floor that was frustrating.