St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Location is especially attrative for younger people. The canal Saint-Martin is a wonderful quiet place inside Paris but not reel in the centre. The english breakfast (add. 4€50 + coffee+o.jus4,8 = 9€30) is a super lunch and cheap! I made my check-in in advance and missed some informations at the desk (not enough for me personally).

This place was really expensive but has no kitchen! So if you're on a tight budget it's difficult. No main common area to hang out in, only a bar which was always full of people so no seats. Free breakfast was good (grab some for lunch too to save money). Bathroom and hallway on our level smelt awful but not hard to deal with when backpacking. Beds had curtains which was nice. Wifi didn't work entire time we were there. Wouldn't stay again if I could avoid it.

The free breakfast is an awesome bonus and really quite good. The location is close to the metro. Bathrooms were clean and the staff were helpful.

Wonderful atmosphere, very friendly and helpful staff, great design

I had a great time here. Only for a night and I guess the great time may have been more down to the people I met, but the common room definitely accommodates for this. Very pricey, but then i guess that's Paris. (Both to stay, and to drink in the bar). The staff weren't the most welcoming, but then I guess it was a pretty huge place. It's a bit out of the way, but as a bed for a night it served its purpose. And the breakfast was definitely worth it!

Good hostel to meet and party at in the bar downstairs. Clean rooms, lockers are always a plus in the rooms. B-rooms are a bit far from the rooms if your a lazy ass. Stairs trump the elevator wait at any hour. Good fun.

Great pub. I liked the atmosphere downstairs!

Absolutely LOVED my staying at Saint Christopher's Inn - Canal. The infrastructure was a-m-a-z-i-n-g (curtains that gives you a wonderful sense of privacy, individual lighting and plugs). The staff was really friendly, the pub downstairs is a great way of meeting people, the bathrooms are clean, and these kinds of things creates an environment that attracts awesome travelers like the one's I had the pleasure to meet. Cheers, Belushis! :)

It's the best hostel I've ever stayed! Pros: Good location (close to the subway) and beside the canal (great view of it), nice environment (there's always someone drinking in the bar so you can make friends) and very very organized hostel. Cons: Expensive.

Just add some fruit to the breakfast menu ;) The rest is just perfect.

Hi there, Thanks for taking time to respond and for your suggestions that we will consider. We really appreciate the fact you had a great time in our hostel Come back whenever Warm regards St Chris team

Showers could do with more regular cleaning, the wifi wasn't great, and I don't particularly feel like the security was great later in the evenings.

I stayed here in late April in an 8 bed female dorm and loved it! The sense of security was really good and the bar/restaurant always had good food with decent prices. However, I found the whole ambiance of the place to be more like a budget hotel, most of the staff were okay but not very interactive a few weren't particularly friendly, I often felt as if I were interrupting their fun with other staff members when asking for anything. Overall however it is well-located, clean and safe hostel!

Is a really big place, a modern building placed in a nice neightborhood. I read the showers could be a problem because the number of people in the hostel but I had no problem never about it. The only problem is the wifi, sometimes come sometimes gone, even if I got down to the reception. Anyway, the beds are really confortables and even being 12 people in a room you have a nice private space in your bed because you can close your own courtain and switch on your light.

It was cool place. It has a bar downstairs where you can meet people but unfortunately most of the tables are in these weird circles so it makes it very awkward to talk to someone sitting at a table.

It was perfect for us.Thanks for everythıng..

Awesome hostel. Theres a club and a bar and restaurant all inside. The beds are comfortable and clean and they give you a privacy curtain. The location is not the best but the metro is very close and easy to get around. It was a fun stay and I would highly recommend.

The location is bit far off but it's still really accessible. Great value in terms of Paris price. The luggage storage room is not free which is a disappointment. The room was really neat and the curtains provide great privacy.

It was okay, the canal next to the hostal, the staff and the breakfast was nice. But there are things that could be better. I stayed on the 5th floor and the women's bathroom floor was dripping wet almost all the time because water did not run away properly in the shower cabins. Also the lady who cleaned the bathroom and rooms was quite rude. Using the computers is very expensive and the computers are slow.

Nice hostel, with a bar/restaurant and a 24-hour reception with friendly staff. However it seemed easy for someone to just come in and access any the floors without even having a card-key. To add to that, our room door wouldn't close properly, and we found out that other card keys worked on our door! Also on our floor there were only two showers for men, breakfast finished at 10 (?!) and there is no kitchen, so bad luck if you're tight on budget or don't like/can't have the food from the bar!

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The location is a bit out of the way, although it is close to a metro stop. The hostel is very large so it can feel a bit impersonal but the facilities are AMAZING.