St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Decent hostel, it's located by a canal which was good and bad. Good, it was a good atmosphere of people just relaxing. Bad, it smelled like fish sometimes. Wifi was really spotty in our room. There's a restaurant and and bar on the first floor. Food was alright, and you get a free shot.

The location is a little far from all the main sights but it's in a suburban area right by a canal where locals enjoy a drink or two on the weekends. Rooms were spacious and clean, there was a secure space where you could lock away your luggage, the bed space had a light (although mine was broken), a power plug and a curtain for privacy. At times you can detect a strong sewage smell but then again they're right by a canal. The area at night seems a little dodge though especially towards Laumiere

I really liked this hostel and ended up booking here again later on in my trip. The rooms are cute and well equipped. Not in the center of Paris, but the city is so easy to navigate and there are a few metro stops nearby so I didn't mind at all. There is a great night life at the bar/club/canal which is cool. But, when it's warm and the windows are open you can hear drunk people outside at all hours of the night. Also, the bins under the bed are super noisy. They really need some WD-40.

Not a great hostel for the amount you're paying for it. We loved the location, as we wanted something a bit out of town., but found the hostel pretty under-whelming. The staff were pretty ho-hum, showers and toilets gross, and the bar terribly over-priced for back-packers. You could probably find somewhere else more closer to the sights for cheaper if you wanted.

Had problem finding bathroom on my floor

Overall ok, but expensive ( I know, everything in Paris is), and kind of jerks about the cancellation policy (I ended up paying 40 extra euro because I didn't wake up at 10am to cancel my first night)

There was a mouse in our room. The staff were very nice about it and went and bought mouse traps. I actually really enjoyed my time there and it was almost a bit of a bonding experience for us all in the dorm. The showers are really good and clean.

Everything went smoothly, easy place to find, nice area and great people... Thanks for the tequila Cece :P

• 27th May 2014
  • Wales

I loved staying at this hostel, great location in between 2 metro stops on different routes, close to supermarket, free breakfast was great quality, great for meeting fellow travellers and 24/7 common area was excellent. The only thing I can fault was that the bed in my dorm didn't have an individual light/power socket, which was the main selling point for me choosing to stay here and some unhelpful/unknowledgeable staff, although which doesn't seem to be specific to just St Christopher's Inn.

Great location, amazing staff, great place to hang out and meet people. Definitely a great place for your average traveler on a budget looking to have a good time.

Nice facilities, lack of atmosphere and in somewhat of a seedier area of Paris. Privacy curtains were nice but I think they affected the social environment of the hostel.

Most showers on the floor I was staying on were not functional, and the restrooms were unusually soiled.

Breakfast is included which is great

First, the door to our room would never shut properly. When entering the room, you would have to swipe the key a second time for the door to properly shut, and when leaving it was the same. We often found the door open. The bathroom also smelled disgusting, it obviously was not properly ventilated. Sometimes you could smell it as you passed by outside the door. Thankfully the rooms were clean. Also disappointed by lack of kitchen facilities.

This Hostel has the best individual set up with curtains, outlets, and hooks. The rooms were very clean and pretty big!

We were initially disappointed with location, but it is close to metro that can take you anywhere so it's not a huge deal. I found the hostel to be very expensive, but we liked the bed curtains and individual outlets for beds and spacious lockersThe staff were not very helpful or friendly and we got a LOT of misinformation. The tours and shuttles they offer are a rip off and it's cheaper to do it on your own. Also awful service at the restaurant. We had fun just because of our awesome roommates.

Great hostel - security is very good with big lockers in the rooms. Rooms are spacious and clean but the beds are a little hard. Staff are friendly and helpful. Good location near 2 metro stops.

I was in a 12 bed female dorm with a bunch of ignorant, immature females who kept the room light on half the night yacking loudly and opening and closing the under the bed lockers. I complained after the first night and was told nothing could be done about my situation. After three nights of getting no sleep I asked to be moved to a private room and also had to get a hotel room for two nights. Cost me an extra $800 Cdn because St. Christophers doesn't have a lights out policy.

The rooms were great, the breakfast and bar were fantastic. The showers were timed so the water went off every thirty seconds. The blonde and dreadlocks girls from Australia were unbelievably rude. They double charged me, No customer service at all. Treated me with contempt for ordering drinks. Couldn't be the least interested in their jobs.

Despite the fact that we had to share a room with two Crack Wh*res, that were annoying the sh*t out of us before they were kicked out, we had a good time. Its a very nice hostel with an awesome vibe.