St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

I was in a 12 bed female dorm with a bunch of ignorant, immature females who kept the room light on half the night yacking loudly and opening and closing the under the bed lockers. I complained after the first night and was told nothing could be done about my situation. After three nights of getting no sleep I asked to be moved to a private room and also had to get a hotel room for two nights. Cost me an extra $800 Cdn because St. Christophers doesn't have a lights out policy.

The rooms were great, the breakfast and bar were fantastic. The showers were timed so the water went off every thirty seconds. The blonde and dreadlocks girls from Australia were unbelievably rude. They double charged me, No customer service at all. Treated me with contempt for ordering drinks. Couldn't be the least interested in their jobs.

Despite the fact that we had to share a room with two Crack Wh*res, that were annoying the sh*t out of us before they were kicked out, we had a good time. Its a very nice hostel with an awesome vibe.

I asked twice for fixing our door knob (it was impossible to close it for those who were leaving the room) and it was not done. They wait until nobody could open the door from outside and it disturbed the girl from the first bed every time during the night...Internet was slow and the noise from my room was anoying. and also, when I checked in online, they offered me the full breakfast, but there was no lert sying it was valued from 10 am until 6 pm. And refused to give my money back...

Great place that is right is right on canal. Caters more to the younger crowd that enjoys to party till late but didn't effect my stay and would recommend.

This hostel was a nice new place, but a ways from the main sights of Paris. The atmosphere was very sterile with very little common areas and no kitchen. Everything seemed to be a way to make money including charging your cell phone. It was not cheap, but relatively clean and the breakfast was good. Still It felt more like a hotel with shared rooms, i guess there is a lot of money in hostels so you lose the character. All in all was an average stay.

• 18th May 2014

Great Hostel and great enviroment, the activities that they offered were really cool (Try the daytrip to versay). The bar was a great place to meet people, they had french cheese and bagets for breakfast (among other stuff), Curtains on the bed for privaci, good matress, plugs in the bed, lockers below... great overall experience. Also, I felt in love with the girl that sold the activities :D she was just so nice (big hug if you are reading Alizée)

• 18th May 2014
  • Spain

I enjoyed the environment. They usually do parties which optimizes integration between guests and facilitates meet and chat with other people around the world. I did not like the location.

This was the first hostel me and two of my friends had ever stayed in and it exceeded our expectations greatly. The room was way more well-kept than we had thought, and the atmosphere even better. It was a great place for 3 college-age women to find a place to crash while in Paris.

• 17th May 2014

It is pointless booking elsewhere. This hostel has everything - internet, breakfast, fantastic atmosphere, amazing at and club to start each night, really friendly staff, lovely location. If you're looking to meet other travellers - this is the place for you.

• 16th May 2014

The hostel was great, i really enjoyed my stay however its a bit far out from the city center which is an issue until you learn how to navigate and use the local transport.

• 15th May 2014

Avarage big hostel. Location is great but doesn't have the same atmosphere as the smaller hostels. When I visited all the men toilets on the 2nd floor where out of service and the power outlets in the bunks where not working.

Comfortable hostel with nice beds with curtains and sockets/reading light. Cool bar downstairs to socialize in. Showers get pretty dirty but work well. A kitchen would be nice too cook in to save money in a very pricey city but I don't think any st Christopher's have any. Location isn't really walking distance from the sights or train/bus stations but with the metro station close by u can get anywhere easily. Very expensive for dorm room but a decent value for Paris

Pretty average overall. Worst part was probably the luggage lockers downstairs. If you plan on arriving earlier than check-in or checking out and wanting to keep your luggage at the hostel longer, beware that the lockers are smallish and only accept 1 and 2 euro coins. Pain in the butt!

Love love love this hostel! Fantastic everything - staff, bar, vibe, and location in a quieter part of town right by the canal! Ill definately be back soon :)

The connected bar is very convenient. They serve american bar food but there's a 25% discount to guests, beer prices are reasonable also. It's definitely far away from the main tourist attractions but there's a 10 minute walk to a metro stop and the metro takes 10-15 minutes to get anywhere. Definitely buy your metro tickets in packs of 10 for some savings. Breakfast was cereal, sour yogurt, bread, ham, cheese, and juice/coffee.

Rooms were very spacious and the curtain over your bed is a nice touch. However do note that they do not provide free luggage storage before/after checking out and you must pay to use the lockers

Beautiful hostel, beautiful town! One of my favourites places in the world

3 toilets for about 50 people. Useless wifi. Kept up till 2 am by people watching movie and eating in the room. No lights out time. If you like to get drunk I guess this place is ok. But if to you want to enjoy Paris for Paris, go elsewhere.

Eventhough the facilities are new and modern, I did not feel very comfortable. The first day of my stayed I was informed I would have to change rooms the following day, which meant I had to pack all my luggage, keep it in a locker and wait till 2 pm for a new room. The reason was they had sold my room to a big group who wanted to stay together in the same room. I found that very unfair, since I had made my reservation in advance. Also the front desk staff were not empathic or friendly at all.