St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

I liked it here! I would definitely come back, free breakfast was average but I wasn't complaining because it was free. The lockers, though, couldn't fit my size lock and I needed to buy one from the hostel. Otherwise, things were fine.

Very nice hostel. I enjoyed the private beds with curtains, though they were on the squeaky side at every move. Helpful staff--one came down immediately to help when the locker wouldn't take our coins.

Breakfast sucks, no fresh fruits, only cheese and bread and canned salad fruit. The dishes for the breakfast were dirty. There is mold in the communal bathroom, cleanliness could be better in the bathrooms. I liked the very big lockers, big enough for 3 bags!

We had super noisy room mates in our dorm while we stayed here - coming in at 1am, turning the lights on and chatting loudly as if no one could possibly be sleeping at that hour. Happened a few nights so this kinda ruined our stay here for us. The breakfast is good though, and showers etc are also fine. Room was clean and no other issues. They have live music downstairs at the Belushis bar some nights which was really cool! (we couldn't hear it from our room so no issue with it being loud)

I hated how the lockers were underneath the beds. In order to get to my locker, I had to pretty much stare into a stranger's face. The lockers were also really loud to open, so I'm pretty sure I woke the guy up. Room was really clean though. The bar is really nice but also very expensive - it's not just for hostel people, open to all Parisians making it hard to meet travelers. The entire hostel was expensive. Maybe that's just because Paris is an expensive city.

I booked here after staying in another St. Christopher's hostel and it met my high expectations.Just hope they get the lift fixed soon as this was the only negative

St. Christopher's Inn Paris Canal was a nice hostel with great amenities. The hostel was quite far from most of the main attractions however the Crimée metro stop was really close by. Our 8-bed room was huge! The common areas downstairs were lively and the sushi shop next door was quite good. My only complaint is that the bathroom stalls could have been cleaned a little more and/or more regularly. Otherwise great place to stay!

Thanks for your great review! We know we aren't the very center, but we love our location next to the canal as well as the easy metro access. I've talked to the cleaning staff about the bathrooms to make sure they keeping them spick-spack!

Everything is great but you're about 13 stops on the subway away from EVERYTHING.

Staff unfriendly....internet doesn't work. Lift doesn't work...

location is very pretty right off the canal. it has many washing and drying machines. The lack of kitchen was a bit of a bummer, but the staff were funny and knowledgeable!

This hostel was AWESOME! It's so easy to find and really close to the metro. The staff was incredible, so friendly and helpful. They offer a lot of tours that leave from the hostel which is great, and the staff gave a lot of good tips for things to do/see. We were only there 1 night but the room was super comfortable, everything was clean, and they have great cages to lock up your stuff. Everyone we spoke with was willing to go the extra mile to help us out. If you're going to Paris - stay here!

This was my 1st time at a hostle, and I was very pleasant! The staff was super friendly, the atmosphere was good and the facilities were clean.

Thank you so much! We try to be as helpful as we can and make sure you're having a great time! Come back soon!

It's a very big hostel . Good restaurant at the bottom and party . Location is good , pretty close to main attraction .

Glad you had a great time! We try to keep the party going so you can have a great time!

Lively atmosphere at night. You meet some cool people here to go touring with.

It was an ok stay I guess - we just felt that the hostel wasn't even trying to be French. It was all a bit anonymous and disconcerting. Beds were nice though, and lovely location - just don't spend too much time in the hostel itself.

• 2nd Jun 2015

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your time in the hostel. it's true, most of the staff are international travelers, but we love Paris and France and that's why we stopped here. If you're looking for a bit more of the french touch, try our wine and cheese night on Tuesdays or the "Plat du Jour" which is French and delicious!

Overall a good hostel, I really enjoyed the mood, just a few things should be improved, like please change the pillows for a little big ones, or the beds make a lot of noise.

Good location (not a perfect area), nice breakfast, friendly staff (helpful) speaking good English! A bit far away from the Paris tourist attractions and city centre. there is an elevator which says “out of order” but it used by staff!!! that makes it hard if your room is in fifth floor!! So I do not suggest this place if you can find a place where the elevator is in working order.

Very nice hostel! We had a good time hanging around with peeps at the lobby bar! Clean rooms, Good location and beautiful see over La Sene! i reccommend it for sure!

This hostel was great! The bar downstairs was convenient and fun! A little far from the city centre but close to a metro and only about a 15min ride to major attractions. It was clean but I would say it could use a "deep clean" like behind and under bunk beds and in corners. Had a good time there tho.

• 31st May 2015

Some of the staff were unpleasant.