St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

This is definitely a party atmosphere hostel. Our room was great but there was an awful smell in the hall... Not sure if it came from toeing so close to the water. The hostel has a great bar and was packed in the night.. Bring ear plugs and you will be fine! Staff was helpful and the food was good! Big rooms!

Hi , Thanks for the review! We're extremely sorry for the smell issue's during your stay, it has been a problem in recent weeks due to water damage, and we're working to get it fixed as soon as possible! We love that you made the most of our party atmosphere and got to try the food and meet our staff. We hope to see you again at St Christopher's in the future! The staff at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

This place was really great, but had a bad smell outside of the hostel. It might have been the canal that smelled, because it wouldn't go away during my stay there. Other than that, nothing to complain about really. Very helpful and friendly staff, fairly close to the subway etc.

Hi, Thank you for the review! We remember the smell you're talking about too, it was coming from the canal and sadly there was nothing we could do for those couple of days. Fortunately, it is not a regular occurrence! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and had a great time with our staff, we hope to see you again in the future. St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

The hostel was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was alright as expected with a few variety. However I did miss a trash can on my room (not a big deal). The only think that really annoyed me was that people inside my room were not using the vaults under their respective beds. So, I had to put my stuff under someone else's bed and so son. Overall, I had a good time there.

Thank you so much for the review! We appreciate the feedback and we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Everything worked well. And big plus for the breakfast!

Great place to stay, nice staff and near to a metro station

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

More like a budget hotel, everything is at an extracharge, even leaving your bags after checkout. Rooms are nice, clean and big but the I found the bathroom very stinky and dirty

They moved me and two other guests rooms while I was there without telling us which led to awkward run ins with other people in our beds late at night and the other two had their locks cut off and their stuff moved which is unacceptable. It was not very clean and smelled badly in the rooms and hallways. Free breakfast was good though and it was easy to meet people.

Way to expensive for what you get... Many things were not working...toilets, lockers, vending machine, etc etc.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Showers looked pretty average and had to press the button every 5 seconds to stop the water turning off (though I was told some of the other ones you could get 20 seconds of water) WiFi rarely worked in the room and when it did was very slow, was alright in bar though (but who wants to be using their phones at the bar, you should be talking to people) We also had a fire downstairs on the second night and all got evacuated, though no one realised as we all thought it was just a car alarm

I stayed there in June and it was really great. It's in a good location, you have to walk only a block maybe from the subway. It's a clean place with good facilities and the wi-fi connected all the way up to my room. It's not a small type of hostel, it's more like a big hotel. And the cages underneath the beds were really great!

The hostel is great, the bathrooms on 5th floor are pretty poor condition tho

Best hostel ever. Awesome staff, great to muck around with and have a joke (shout out to Claire!). Close to subway station with the lines going directly to the main attractions. Awesome pods for privacy. The downstairs bar has an awesome atmosphere to watch sports, especially the World Cup! Booked for two nights, stayed for six. Will definitely stay here again when I come back to Paris. One thing to remember - there is a city outside the bar.

Checking in late in the evening is a problem as the bar is next to the reception area, makes it hard to hear the staff. The dorms are good with a curtain which gives you some privacy. Also the lamp and USB points are great. The bathroom is clean, little hard to find on the floor though. Lift wasn't working so that's a problem. Not in a very good location even if the metro is nearby, not everyone likes the metro! Too far from the main attractions.

Good location - great staff

Great hostel. Really secure but it's in a bit of a rough neighbourhood at night but gorgeous by day- right on the canal where you can chill and have drinks and play ptonk. There were fights outside one night (but that may have been because the World Cup had just started). Everyone was really nice and it was easy to get places from the hostel. I was really happy with this place.

The men toilets in the second floor were all out of service the showers and the disabled toilets really need some remodeling, they are disgusting right now.

Amazing atmosphere especially for the World Cup! The staff is very accommodating and young (fun). It's a very large hostel with a nightlife so if that isn't what you're looking for then maybe try elsewhere. My bed was pretty dirty when I first arrived and the sink in our room never drained. They fixed it once but it happened again and with 12 people in one room, a sink would've been nice. Overall I truly enjoyed my stay, will stay again!

Staff at the bar were so so rude! Calling customers cunts! Really unprofessional and a big ley down!

• 12th Jun 2014

Bar staff were rude would take half your order then go off and talk to their friends for 10 minutes then come back take your money then take another 20 minutes to get your drink. They were horrible to customers and called one guest a c*nt for no reason. Other then them everyone else and everything else was lovely.

• 12th Jun 2014

I absolutely loved this Hostel. The biggest factor attributing to my high rating is the atmosphere at the hostel. The hostel has a bar downstairs, and a night club under that. I went during the World Cup which may have contributed to a greater experience, however regardless of the World Cup, the staff was phenomenal, and the fellow hostel mates were awesome. Highly recommend.