St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

Great place to stay. Only issues were people outside at all hours yelling and drinking, which sucked after a long day. Also wifi in the rooms is very weak and you have to be on the ground floor to get proper reception.

Glad you had a good stay! We'll talk to security, make sure people are being quiet and I have very good news about the wifi, our system is being upgrade very soon, by the time you come back we'll have the best wifi in Paris!

The overall stay i had was great. However, there is only one crucial things to enhance the overall experience which is the wifi connection. It was so weak that it doesnt really work at the room. You have to go to the "chill room" and use the computer instead if you have important things to sort out. But bear in mind there is only 3 computer and most of the time are occupied. Other than the wifi, the room and cleanness are great.

Nice staff who are helpful but the hostel itself is far from most of the things people go to do in Paris. Also the bar downstairs is expensive and since it's so large i found as a solo traveller it was hard to meet people other than those I was sharing a dorm with. Beds were good and the lockers under the beds were secure which I liked too.

Absolutely fantastic hostel, great location not far from Laumiere metro station. Staff are approachable and very helpful. We stayed in a 12 bed female dorm, very clean and lots of space. Lots of information regarding local attractions and tours, walking tour picks up there which is also great! Would highly recommend staying here :)

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Wales

Thanks so much! I'm glad you took advantage of all we have! Hope you can come back again soon!

I really enjoyed my stay here. The bunk with two sockets, a personal light and a privacy curtain was a nice touch. I only wish there was a fridge for guests and a computer with a USB port. I wanted to back up my pictures but couldn't.

Thank you for your review, so glad you had a great time! We'll have to keep that in mind for the next time we do a computer update, good idea!

Great hostel with really friendly, fun and helpful staff. Great that's it's near two metro stations and lovely location on the canal. Clean rooms and facilities, really enjoyed my stay!!

• 7th Apr 2015

Thank you so much! We try to do our best and glad we were able to help you have a great time in Paris!

Its on a quiet neighbourhood near Lumiere metro station. really easy to find once u follow their directions. The canal front is definitely way more scenic than their other offering at the main train station. With a bar and club inhouse, you won't get bored in the night. Its a hostel afterall, so deal with the noise. Making friends couldn't be easier. Hosts at the reception were precise, friendly and helpful. Ask and you will get answers. Very patient and most can speak English.

Staff was friendly, location wasn't central, but it was cool t be right by the canal, the facts about Paris are really cool, great experience,

Glad you had a good time! We love being next to the canal and it helps that we are just 15 minutes from the Louvre by metro. Come back soon.

Great place to stay. The staff was very friendly and accommodating when we asked to get early breakfast before leaving. All around, it was a very good experience!

So glad we were able to help you out! Come back again any time!

I'll start with the only negative comment - I've stayed at this hostel before but have to admit the upkeep (particular in the washrooms/showers) has gone downhill. A little too much of a college dorm approach to bathroom cleaning. Otherwise, this place is great! Bring a padlock for an excellent place to keep you bags safe in your dorm. Great bar, great club, great food. and lovely location - it might not be in front of the Eiffel Tower but the neighbourhood feels safe and is very beautiful!

The facilities are not very well thought in terms of architecture: only two individual men toilets per floor available with floors being independent (guests only have access to their room's floor and therefore to the toilets in that floor); the worst detail was that ventilation was very bad in the toilets and also in the corridors so, at some times of the day, the stink would just invade the corridor and there was hardly enough windows that could be opened to refresh the air.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Portugal

I do recommend this awesome hostel!

• 3rd Apr 2015

Overall a good hostel, wifi didn't work on some floors, no kitchen was a little let down and the pub prices became expensive after 10 even as a guest. Location is good near the metro.

Good transport links, nice area, friendly and helpful staff.

Thank you so much! I'm glad you had a great time and I hope you'll come back again soon.

My favorite hostel I've ever stayed in. It was incredibly clean, stylish, and comfortable. The staff was incredible. I lost my debit card while in Paris, and they let me use the front desk phone to call back to the US and deal with my bank. The free breakfast ran out quickly, which was frustrating, but it was enough to fuel me for the day! Great bar and restaurant in the lobby with good deals. You can also buy tickets for various attractions at the front desk, which helped us skip long lines!

• 2nd Apr 2015

The hostel is located close to Gare du Nord/Gare l'Est, so it is far away from all the tourist attractions, but it's close to metro lines, so it's still easy to get around. And I actually liked that it isn't in a tourist area, as it was quieter & not so hectic. The staff there is really nice, helpful and friendly, minus the bar manager. He was rude to me, as well as to another person and made it seem like it was our fault for having a problem. He was very unprofessional and unhelpful

Always lively!

I was sexually harassed by a roommate here, which I don't blame the hostel for. Still recommended. But, what I do blame them for is putting only one girl in a large mixed dorm room...you should always place two girls minimum in a mixed dorm. That's just common sense to most. Have to pay to keep your luggage here, and because they don't have enough small/medium lockers, you end up having to pay more for wasted space when you are stuck with the big lockers. Breakfast: cereal, baguette, drinks.

I am so sorry to hear that you were harassed! I am emailing you directly to find out what happened and to make sure we ban that person from all St. Christopher's Inns. Typically we try to make the rooms diverse and I'm so sorry we fell short for you. We have switched out our lockers as well!

I had a great experience in Paris and a lot of that was owed to St. Christopher's! The atmosphere was great; I met a lot of cool people! Our room was nice, but unfortunately we were placed with 3 men who snored extremely loud so we didn't really sleep. I was really disappointed that two of the nights we came back late and wanted to eat food but the kitchen was closed. We were told that it didn't close until 12 every night, but it was closed at 10:30 when we tried to order food. Otherwise great!

Hey we are so glad you had a good time with us! I'm sorry to hear about the snorers, next time ask us at reception, we'll move you if we can, but if not then at least we have free earplugs to help with those difficult sleepers. I've talked to the kitchen as well, typically they are open until 23h and we'll make sure they stay open until then!

Great dorms, Great community spaces including Bar (with guest discounts) and a club. Location was near metro but could be better. Lock Storage in room did not fit small size locks, so take note of that. It also did not secure small items unless they were kept in big items like a backpack, again not a problem but be informed. Only real complaint I had was about bathrooms for dorms, which smelled awful.

Thanks for the review and glad you had a good time! We have locks available to buy if you need one. I'm sorry about the bathroom! We've been doing renovations of the bathroom and they are finishing this week. The smell was related to that, but we've gotten it taken care of. Hope to see you again soon!