St Christopher's Inn Canal Reviews

159, rue de Crimee, Paris, France

I was checked in and given a keycard to our private room, however I found it already occupied. Sorted by reception. The room's door would not lock from the inside, one night we had a man come into our room at midnight. Our balcony door also would not lock - a huge safety issue as the balcony could easily be climbed from the outside. Only 1 locking female shower for whole corridor, and 2 (UNISEX) toilets for 20+ rooms. Taps leaking loudly all night. Bed bugs. Wifi was useless. I could go on..

• 19th Jul 2014

Thank you for your feedback, we apologise your stay was negatively influenced and we will absolutely pass on this information to ensure this doesn't happen again. The issue with the room keys is an administrative task which is easily avoidable and our maintenance team is currently working on fixing the bathrooms on your floor so these can be up and running perfectly. We trust our staff were able to help you to enjoy your stay nonetheless. The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Great hostel but no fans or air in rooms would make me reconsider staying here again!

We're glad you had such a great stay with us! For future reference we do have fans available at reception for our guests for when the rooms get warmer in summer! The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

I stayed in a 12 bed dorm. The atmosphere and the offers of the hostel are very huge (integrated bar/restaurant/club, laundry facility, etc). Free Walking Tour is starting every day in the hostel. Very kind and helpful staff. Location is okay, metrostation in 5 mins walking distance. Due to renovation works the toilets in my floor were closed so it was necessary to walk down in the basement. And the showers smelled bad. Breakfast is included and very nice. All in all, a great place to go!

Thank you for the great feedback! We hope to see you at St Christopher's again soon. The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Good place to stay easy to get to everything

Great to hear! Thank you for taking the time to share your review. The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

I would recomend this hostel definitely. Evrything was excellent.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Poland

That's great to hear! Thank you so much. The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

This hostel has a great, social environment and a good free breakfast. Not super quiet or cozy, but fantastic if you want to go out and meet people!

Thank you for the lovely feedback! The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Need aircon or a fan in the rooms. They get extremely hot during the summer months, making sleeping very uncomfortable.

• 17th Jul 2014

Hello, we do have fans available for our guests at reception, we know how much of a difference it makes during the warmer months! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future. The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

It's quite far from anything touristy. The bar/club there was really loud which is great for anyone who was partying but not so good for those wanting to sleep. The rooms were really hot, and the bathrooms were gross.

Hello, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! Our Canal location is twenty minutes from central sites such as Notre Dame, The Louvre and Chatelet, and just a few minutes walk from fantastic sites such at the Buttes Chaumont and Parc de la Villette, we hope you managed to check them out during your stay. We apologise for the bathrooms as the ones on your floor were undergoing maintenance at the time. We hope you had a great time regardless and enjoyed Paris!

Power outlets, lights and privacy curtains in every bunk was fantastic. Room was very spacious and the facilities were good. Very friendly staff, and location was easy to travel to/from. Would highly recommend.

Thank you so much, we hope to see you at St Christopher's again soon! The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Very much an anglophone oriented place. If that's what you're looking for, then great. Amazing location by the Ourcq canal which is such a nice place to go and relax outside on the grass. Had power outlets by the beds in my room (604). Friendly staff. Nice breakfast. Room and hallway smelled funny so we opened the windows which made it fine. I didn't try the bar/restaurant, american style so if that's what you want then great, I went out to eat instead, but it looks very good nonetheless.

We really appreciate the wonderful feedback! Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at hostel and we hope to see you again in the future. Kind Regards, The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

A good place to stay. The dorm was quiet and spacious. Beds had privacy curtains, lights, and two outlets apiece, which is great. The free breakfast is excellent and filling--don't accidentally sign up for the not free prepared breakfast. The location is far from the city center, but one short ride on the Metro will get you to or from the hostel, os it isn't inconvenient. Wifi was wonderful--it worked quite well all over the hostel, including in the dorm.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your stay with us. We're so pleased you had such a fantastic time and we hope you will stay at St Christopher's again in the future. The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

The "Wal-Mart" of hostels: this place is huge and offers so much! We had fun in their bar, and the vibe makes it really easy to meet international friends! It is only 2 blocks from the Crimee metro station, which will take you to all of Paris's hotspot. The free breakfast wasn't special, but that is expected of any hostel.

HooOoooO, Thanks a lot for your review. At the begining when I started to read your review and I saw "the Wal Mart of hostel" first I laugh then I thaugh you will not be happy of your stay but then I understand why you compared it to wall mart. So a big Merci. Cheers, Manon St Chris Paris.

For the size of the place its good. its clean and comfortable. There is always plenty of people hanging around to talk to and its a short walk from a metro station or there is hire bikes basically at the from door... I stayed here twice, the first time the internet worked my room the second time it didn't, thats all I got. Get there.

Thank you for your great review! We look forward to having you stay with us again. The Team at St Christopher's, Paris Canal.

Really cool hostel. Very clean, loved the curtains on the bunks, made it more private. Clean showers and toilets. Great bar and atmosphere and club down the bottom at night. Not the greatest area. Bit scary for a female solo traveller and not really anything to really do in that area, you have to get the metro always, which is really easy. Overall good stay.

This hostel has a fantastic atmosphere for partying (bad though if you enjoy sleep). Huge facilities, everything a backpacker could need, however sadly not maintained well. The rooms were sweltering hot, which meant leaving the window open for loud drunk voices, flies and Mosquitos to enter at night. Also other than bed change our room was not properly cleaned for our entire 6 night stay. The hostel could be amazing but fell short of the mark unfortunately.

• 13th Jul 2014

I ended up going to and from the hostel via a different metro station which was much easier than the one suggested on the directions email. Staff were helpful, showers etc clean. Definitely recommend.

The staff here was extremely friendly and made the visit very well worth it! The deals on drinks, the club in the basement and our ever changing roommates were great also. Bunks are private and have good lockers. I would come back in a heartbeat.

The hostel is not safe, because everyone can entry without control. It's far from town. I really didn't like. The showers for bathing only works for 25 seconds, and you need to push again to open, it's horrible, because you feel cold when turn off.

Awesome place to stay, has a cool bar with a good atmosphere, everything you need and pretty easy to get to places from there

Each bed has its own power socket, light and curtain for privacy which is great. there is also a cage under the bed to secure your luggage. Breakfast included is simple but ample. If only it was located closer to city!