St Christopher's Inn Gare du Nord Reviews

5, Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

The staff were bi-lingual, incredibly helpful and playful. It was a nice set up, a nice bar downstairs where you could meet with other travellers. Security was 24/7. a bit far out but close to the station, however the area at night was very uncomfortable and unsafe, but stay in the hostel and you'll be fine

• 27th Jul 2015

Friendly and helpful staff. Modern facilities.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Definitely not recommended. One of the worst hostels I stayed in. Bathrooms stink, no ventilation or windows, too many people using. did not get a good nights sleep for three nights. Above a very loud noisy bar. Not recommended unless you are a party animal.

The hostel is very well organised and the rooms are spacious. The wifi works REALLY WELL all over the hostel. That is just wonderful.

I was very happy with this hostel. I was in an all girls room and I made some great friends here. The atmosphere was good. The location was so so depending on how you look at it. Gare de Nord is a rocks throw away eith all the trains and metro but it's far from the sights of Paris. I used the metro to get down to the main city and it was super easy. Over all I loved this hostel. I would definitely reccomend

Bathrooms needed to be cleaned and the area was a little scary if ur walking alone at night but everything else was really great! Definitely would stay there again

Although I was a bit hesitant about the hostel when I realized that there was a bar below that featured live music, the staff and facilities that I used were wonderful. The bed was the best I had slept on in any hostel. I woke up feeling refreshed...and I couldn't hear anything from below. All in all a great experience.

Traveled around Europe for a few weeks this summer and this hostel was by far the greatest. Friendliest most helpful people you could ask for, had a pretty serious accident on a very druken night out and the staff helped so much cannot thank them enough.

very clean facilities, beds are super comfortable, the bar downstairs is very cool and the breakfast buffet is simple yet great! a lot of tour groups come through here so as a solo traveller it was hard for me to find and connect with other solo travellers or travellers who werent in pre-established big tour groups. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay regardless.

I did not need the access cards, which reduces safety. They not cleaned the room any time in bed outlets not working.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Really good atmosphere, easy to meet people (especially on the free walking tours, which start from the hostel and in the bar at night). Area around the hostel is not great, but it is easy to get in to to the main tourist areas via the metro. Dorm rooms were clean, spacious and secure.

• 21st Jul 2015

A bit expensive, but it's Paris so it's has good as it gets. Good place overall, would recommend.

When I arrived, the staff on the desk were quite rude and unwelcoming. Also the room was ridiculously hot so it was near impossible to get any sleep. Other than that, the hostel was ok though nothing to write home about.

• 21st Jul 2015

It took hours to check in at about 23:00. The staff we're doing their best. If you have so many rooms perhaps you should have an adequate amount of staff to deal with people checking in and all the problems people seemed to have. I didn't appreciate being told I should go and have a drink in the bar instead of checking in.

• 19th Jul 2015

Easy access to the metro. Helpful in planning site seeing with many options and directions to each spot. Bar is a lively and fun place. Biggest downside is a constantly busy reception and our keys didn't always work in the lift/room

Great atmosphere and the cheap delicious dinner is amazing!

There is no A/C is the room!!! Just a very loud fan that doesn't nothing in this heat and kept me up at night. Even with ear plugs on I couldn't sleep at night. The showers are really small and not very powerful. The beds are comfortable and I appreciated the little curtains. Breakfast is OK.

Located in a bit of a sketchy part of Paris but very close to the main strain stations. Dorms are very clean and spacious with curtains for privacy. Bathrooms are also adequate, bar is one of the best I've seen with full service meals and fabulous atmosphere. Wifi is strong and breakfast is pretty good!

We appreciate your comments and are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! The location is ideal in terms of getting around Paris for sure and our Belushi's bar is great, we're happy you loved the atmosphere so much. St Christopher's Inn GDN

Great location, would just love to see them invest in better air conditioning as it was incredibly humid in Paris and the rooms and especially toilets were sometimes like saunas.

• 18th Jul 2015

We are exploring a number of avenues as we speak in order to improve our bathrooms, these will help with the humidity in the bathrooms for sure and will be in place soon. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us overall and look forward to your next visit. St Christopher's inn GDN

The only problem I faced,WI FI wasn't working.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Egypt

We are very sorry the wi-fi wasn't for that short period of time there was a problem with our providers telephone line that had been completely cut out. Luckily it is now fixed! and we are back to our great fast wi-fi working all over the building. St Christopher's Inn GDN

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7