St Christopher's Inn Gare du Nord Reviews

5, Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

Amazing place!! One the best hostels I have been in my life. Location next to the Gare du Nord railway station is perfect. Staff super friendly and helpful. Restaurant/lounge area is fantastic!! Tons of rooms, clean, convenient, it has been a real pleasure to stay there and I WILL certainly come back! Highly highly recommended!!!

• 19th Dec 2014

Love this place

Merci beaucoup!

Awesome place to stay in Paris. They have parties going on for the weekend and also for Christmas. They have all the facilities in the hostel. Perfect Value for money. Only negative thing is you will have to pay for the locker to keep your luggage (5 euros locker) , if you are arriving earlier than the check-in time.

We are grateful for your comments, we appreciate that you may not wish to wait to check in but unfortunately you have to wait for your room to be cleaned. The option is to leave your baggage here in a safe place or to leave it elsewhere, sorry if you find this strange but for us we think it offers you piece of mind, insurance and a convenient place to lay your things. We are glad that despite this small issue you enjoyed your stay. St Christopher's Inn GDN

Great hostel, curtains around the bed are a good idea and rooms are big and clean. Button press in showers is annoying and sensor light had me showering in the dark everytime! Good location, bar is massive and reception area has really good selection of tours/attractions.

One of the most established hostel I've ever been too. Everything is automatic. They have their own online check in. The lockers were computerized as well. But the drawback is that things may get quite expensive. They have a big bar in the middle of the hostel. Loud music is playing from there at night, beware if you are sensitive to sound. Room was clean and alright. Toilet was so so but the light sensor is rather irritating. It consistently switched off the light when one is showering.

Thank you for your comments, we will be seeing what we can do with our sensors during the renovation period that we are currently in, having sensors in the cubicles them selves will help a lot I think. We hope you had a good enough time to come back. Thanks again! St Christopher's Inn GDN

Bed-wise, it was one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Each bunk has its own privacy curtain, outlets, USB plugs, and a light switch. Beds were clean and comfortable, and they provide a towel free of charge! Bathrooms, however, are one of the worst I've ever stayed in. Each floor only had one bathroom (the others were being renovated) and were often dirty and smelly. I'm sure once the renovations are done it will be a big improvement. Also, this is definitely a "party" hostel.

• 13th Dec 2014

It's great to read that you loved our bed so much, I suppose that is one of the better things and most important things to look for. Each floor in fact has 5 bathrooms to share between around 8 rooms the rest on the floor are ensuite. Like you said one bathroom is out of order now though, once renovations are complete we expect much cleaner and better bathrooms for you though. St Christopher's Inn GDN

Overall this was an average run of the mill hostel. However, they manage to charge you not so average run of the mill pricing. I get it, it's Paris and you can get away with that. I've traveled all around Europe the past 7 weeks and this Hostel was two to three times as expensive as all other hostels I stayed at. The offer the most pathetic breakfast in the morning. You get some cold cereal, a cold hard baguette, some sliced ham, and coffee or juice. Staff could smile atleast once. Not pleased.

We are hurt to see you found the stay an average one. As you mentioned the prices compared to the rest of europe are high, 'but that's Paris'. There are reasons behind high prices here that are difficult to understand, comparing us to the competition in the city we have lower prices and better facilities. Our breakfast is free and more comprehensive than you decide to make out. 'Cold cereal' is an option too yes, along with Crusty baguettes, ham, cheese and so on. Good luck on your travels Sir.

The location was super convenient - right next to the metro so getting around the city was easy. The rooms themselves were clean and we didn't have any roommate issues. However, the bathrooms were TERRIBLE. I don't know if the cleaning staff couldn't keep up or if the primary blame should rest with the hostel guests, but it left much to be desired. The sinks and counters were constantly filthy. We once found human feces in the shower. Also, used toilet paper all over the toilet floors.

• 11th Dec 2014

Although this hostel has a really nice bar with live bands performing at night, do not dare indulge yourself in the atmosphere and sing along and dace and enjoy yourself. We Stayed at this hostel for our two last nights and on our last night we decided to spend it in the hostels bar, have a couple of drinks and listen to the live band, we sang along and danced along to the band when we were told that we are irritating the other guest and that we should leave.

We are very sorry to read that you were not well received dancing and singing, we would usually love this and it should be enjoyed. That's after all what our live entertainment is there for. We will make sure our staff embrace this behaviour more and hopefully push you more towards the dance floor than the door! Thanks for your thoughts!

I think this place has nearly everything! Location is good in terms of ease of getting around, train station itself seems a bit rough. Can't blame them for that though. Definitely recommend, great first hostel to stay at.

Thank you so much for your kind and well thought out words!

The luggage lockers were underneath the beds and can't fit oversize bags, but that's basically the only complaint I have. The bathroom was very messy but I blame that on my filthy roommates. It's not in the greatest part of town and kind of removed from the main attractions, but it's 2 minutes walk from Gare du Nord and from there it's simple to get where you need to go. The restaurant/bar was great! They had specials on every day and I would thoroughly recommend the pasta salad.

Great hostel with a friendly atmosphere. Good location, 2 minute walk from Gare de Nord. Found it clean, secure and staff were approachable and helpful. Only complaints are that we had trouble operating the elevator, we were on the top floor so that wasn't fun. Also had no hot water on out first night for some reason. 8.5/10

Thank you for pointing out all our great aspects and we understand that the issues you experienced are frustrating but we hope that the way we dealt with them was to your liking, it seems that it was anyway. We hope you will come back again sometime!

It do not have hot water for taking a shower when I arrived in the first night.

We had an issue that we were able to quickly resolve and thankfully we are now able to prevent this from happening so frequently in the future. Thank you for taking some time to let us all read what you thought

I was there for 3 nights, and got kicked out of my bed and room on the last night and had to relocate to another room because they gave my bed to someone else. Other than that, the place was great!

I'm sorry to see you were removed from your room ,it must have been an issue with our allocating system of beds in rooms, please accept our apologies! Thank you for your kind comments and understanding in this situation. It's great to hear that everything else was much better!

Room not done at check in after 2pm. We saw when the cleaner changed the bedlinen and how she put the clean ones on the dirty floor. Bathrooms unclean. Bad water pressure and also lights go off leaving u in the dark. Wifi very unstable. Males staying in room on female level?!! Lost item reported it and staff couldn't care less. First time ever happened not a big thing but didn't appreciate the attitude I was met with. Might stay here again due to good location, if everything else is fully booked

We are so sorry to read that we let a housekeeping error creep in to ruin your stay. I'm sure we were able to get the bed made and room cleaned as soon as possible. As far as I'm aware, the cleaners actually clean the floors each day even if not making a bed. As for the males on your floor, we have a level where there are only female dorms but the private rooms can be rented by anyone. It's disappointing t read that the presence of men on the floor would deter you from staying. St Christopher's

Missin computer/s available for any use or important issues.

Judge a place/person by how clean they keep their bathrooms. Disappointingly enough, they smelled funky and well, I never touched the girls' showers. Used the handicapped stalls as they were somewhat tolerable. Bunks were great -- Love the curtains, personal lights, and charging docks. Also the spacious cages to lock your belongings, affordable laundry, and fast wifi! Downstairs bar/club has good deals but creepy on the weekend nights plus breakfast is super underwhelming. Decent location.

Understandably you should judge a person by how they keep their bathrooms, or should it be how people use the bathroom? We do as much as we can to keep our bathrooms clean and well kept, however we are unable to account for guests making them much dirtier. We like to be informed as soon as possible so we can help rectify a situation, if someone has made a mess please don't be afraid to come to reception to let us know it looks messy. We'll clean it straight away! St Christopher's Inn GDN

During my stay the shower drain was clogged. However, the staff did not have a sense of urgency about fixing it. It remained that way for a least 24 hours.

• 4th Dec 2014

It's a shame to see that we were unable to unclog said drain, I hope we were able to find you a fully functional drain in the time we were unable to fix the clogged one. In any case we do get round to these things as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding. St Christopher's Inn GDN

this place was great! so close to the Gare du Nord station and metro but only a 30 minute walk to Notre Dame and the Louvre if inclined. the breakfast was the best I've come across! it's a great social hostel but also quiet of you need some rest. the place is very secure and travelling alone I felt very safe. will definitely be returning and would recommend!

We're very happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us so much. We are very pleased to also see that you enjoyed our location, breakfast and much more we have to offer, thank you! St Christopher's Inn GDN

good but the cleaness very bad.

Thanks for your comments, we are working hard on our cleanliness, especially in the bathrooms!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7