St Christopher's Inn Gare du Nord Reviews

5, Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

Liked private curtains for each bed ; very considerate and helpful staff ; location between 2 train stations. -- need to have a refrig in common area for keeping left over food ; small facility to cook simple food (instant noodle type) and eating.

Great hostel

Very good place to stay, the beds were very comfortable and I liked the added curtain feature! Added a lot of privacy. The location was good being near the Gare du Nord and I had no problems. I had locks on all my bags even my backpack. Breakfast was good and the staff, well some are more helpful than others but overall were quite friendly. It's worth paying a bit extra for this high quality hostel! Only bad thing was the roommate who snores terribly loud haha

• 18th Nov 2014

I've stayed in at least one or two other St. Christopher's hostels, and they're pretty good, as is this one. It's easy to get to, however maybe not in the best location in Paris. If I were going to stay longer in Paris this wouldn't have been my first choice, but I just stayed the night as I had a flight the next afternoon. With that said security is great, bathrooms are clean and the rooms are comfy. All beds came with curtains, plugs and lights. The bar was fine, the food was ok.

As a typical hostel it was very good. They had everything including good bar and fun interesting people. I just prefer the smaller and homelier hostel not the pqrt of a multi-million dollar corporation, which I am sure thqt it is.Surely they- the many outlets - are owned by Chilis or Starbucks- they have the same menus, the same specials-- for example, three beers in a aluminum bucket, for the young teenagers- or five beers in bucket, also don,t like bright lights in hall- prison-like.

The $5 lockers were cheating. It kept on eating my coins. My first impression of the area was "scary" but my entire stay was safe. Very strong wi-fi signal and the internet connection is really fast. The bathroom floor is wood laminated and no floor mat. After taking shower the floor is very wet. Th curtains in the bed is cool. It gives privacy. However, in my stay, I did not even see who were in the room because it takes out the interaction. Overall, I can say that this hostel is okay.

Great hostel, and the location is very practical - but because it is next to the station, there's many dodgy people you'll have to walk past (cat calling for girls). hostel itself was lovely: staff was helpful; rooms well-organised, clean and super cosy; bed was the most comfortable ever; facilities were all well organised and clean; bar was great, atmosphere as well, with a sports bar part and a live band + the club played some good music. Only disadvantage: there's no free luggage storage room

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

Everyone was so helpful and chatty, made you feel really at home. When having issues with a drunk friend the staff were more than happy to help and made a bad situation a lot better. Will definitely recommend this hostel to anyone travelling to Paris

• 15th Nov 2014

Great facility, perfect for travelers on a budget!

• 14th Nov 2014

I really enjoyed to stay this hostel! Staffs are really kind and room is very clean. There is a bar, so if you stay here you can enjoy the party :) But in my opinion, bar is a little bit expensive :( I would like to stay this hostel again! 初めてホステルを利用しましたが、とてもいい環境でした!10人部屋に泊まったのですが、部屋が綺麗な上、ベッドにカーテンと壁がありプライベート感がありました。ベッドの下に収納スペースがあり南京錠で鍵をかけれるので安心して荷物も置いておけます。Barがありそこでは音楽が演奏されたりしていて雰囲気がいいです。自分が行った日には大きなパーティーがあって楽しめました!北駅から近く立地もいいです。自分は特にスリなどの被害に合いませんでしたが、北駅周辺で友達の財布が取られたので地下鉄には気をつけた方がいいかもしれません

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Japan

As always, it was a great stay. Just one of the stuff at the reception is not very efficient, but the Argentinean girl is really nice and helpful. Great party on friday as well !

It's one of those big Hostels, like a Hotel you know what you'll get: good structure, clean, professional. The rooms were big, but the bathroom was far from the room and was terrible!! water everywhere!! PARTY HOSTEL. If that's what you want, it's a great choice! Good bar downstairs! If not, think again.

Limited toilet facilities on my floor given so many rooms. Disabled toilet/shower flooded and was never restocked with consumables.

Hard to get around this place; there are too many locked doors.

Location of the hostel is perfect, rooms are clean, individual curtains always save life) I would only make more showers and clean it more frequently as lots of people usually cause lots of mess)

I love staying at StChristophers bc you know exactly what you are getting. The staff are fun and friendly, facilities are great, clean and fresh and bfast is always great. Will always stay here and highly recommend! I came back a week after I stayed and needed to print a ticket which they gladly did for me, nothing is ever a problem. Thanks!!

Staff are super friendly, speak many languages, and helpful. Lots of options to secure your stuff. Lockers under the bed and in the basement. It's a great price for a bed. Location: It's a trek from all the cool stuff. Also it's not in the best neighborhood. Atmosphere: It's big, so it can be hard to meet people. Cleanliness: Why were so many of the bathrooms missing soap? Facilities: Why no kitchen???

My boyfriend and I were impressed by the clean room, and by the security of this place (there are electronic locks to every flat and almost every door, as well as the rooms doors). We were disappointed by the size of the room and bathroom (too small for a couple). The breakfast was poor but we didn't really care. The stuff were absolutely awesome and helpful, provide us every recommend or help we needed. Overall we have had everything we needed and it was one minute away from transportation.

the bed is a little bit disappointing. I was in the top bed, when the girl next to me coming up or getting off the bed, the bed was shaking a huge. You still have to bear some snorings in the dorm. Except this two, everything is recommendable. love the staffs, love the breakfast, love the open bookshelf, love the storage room. When I head to Paris in the near future, I shall stay with St.Christopher 's as well.

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • China

No kitchen or fridge to store any food. Great breakfast - delicious baguettes - a nice variety. Lots of nice areas to relax and sit around as well as socialize. The rooms are well equipped but the bathrooms seriously need some work especially with the hair clogging the drain, the push button showers and the sensored lights turning off too quickly.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7