St Christopher's Inn Gare du Nord Reviews

5, Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

Easily one of the best hostels I've stayed in! The storage and the curtains on the beds were fantastic, rooms very spacious, wifi always worked, and bar downstairs provided the perfect space for meeting people. Only complaint would be that the air-con actually did nothing to cool the room. Definitely would recommend!

The appliances were out of the room but very clean. The light fixture on my bec, along with the electric plug, did not work. I told the staff, they assured me it would be fixed but it wasnt. Bed was super clean and super comfy. AAA bed :)

The WORST hostel of 20+ hostels worldwide that I've visited. Our room was scorching hot, but we were "lucky to have a small A/C unit." Our room was literally hotter than outside and the windows wouldn't even open. 3 people even slept on the floor huddled around the "A/C unit." Meanwhile I was swimming in a pool of my perspiration. Fun! Oh, also, the bathroom floor was covered in pee, both sinks didn't work, and the showers run for 4 seconds between presses. Honestly, I expect a refund.

Great location and staff. Liked that there was a bar downstairs. Did not like that bathrooms were either very muggy or wet. Also I think they need to install shelves in the showers because I had no place to put my soap and stuff.

St christophers was a convenient and clean place to stay, the staff where very helpfull. The area is very safe. I had no problems on the trains at night, but its still worth keeping your witts about you. Overall, good accom for an affordable price.

• 17th Jul 2014

Nice hostel! Some of the staff was really good, som less good.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

We found this hostel to be too big and impersonal, and very noisy. The bar downstairs was fun and the beds with curtains were very comfortable, but the bathrooms were awful. Gare du Nord is also not a great area. We enjoyed our stay but were glad that it was only two nights. Laundry facilities were awesome!

Staff were generally helpful but didnt offer any help or alternatives when I complained that the rooms were too hot.

• 15th Jul 2014

Great atmosphere, especially with the bar/restaurant being attached onto the side, with great food and live music! Good sized room, even though it was an 8 bed, and the lockers under the beds were perfect. Very clean and comfortable and felt very safe. Not great area, but only 2 mins from Gare du Nord station which makes getting around really easy.

This place was a black eye on my European trip. I booked my room 6 months in advance and they had me switching rooms every night I stayed there. Drove me mad. Long lines. Poor recommendations and communication for first time travelers. The location is excellent since it is very close to the Gare du Nord station, but I would never stay there again. I am a little older than the typical guest (18-23), so that may hinder my bias. If you are over the age of 25, stay somewhere else.

its very good location, two minutes walking from Nord Gare, just turn left after out of the train station, and go ahead. the facilities are good expect the kitchen for self catering, it is almost deserted! no tools to cook at all! the staffs are ok but a bit grumpy. there the price is fine.

I loved this hostel. From the moment we checked in, the staff was friendly, personable and great. The rooms were spacious yet private. It was my friend's first time staying in a hostel and she was very nervous about it and but she survived and even enjoyed it. The rooms were great, the lockers provided, the bar, the staff and the internet were all wonderful.

Stayed in a double bed private and it he room was tiny. But very comfy bed, private bathroom and clean.

This was the worst hostel that I have ever stayed in. My room was changed 3 times in a 5 night stay! They told me I had booked it improperly yet this happened to many other people during my stay. They can't seem to keep the bed assignments straight, for example, my friend came into the room to find someone else asleep in her bed! The air conditioner was broken and the hostel was very loud which led to crappy sleeping accommodations. Cooked breakfast doesn't start till 10:30.

Beware this hostel doesn't have a proper air conditioning system in the rooms. They use AC units that can't handle the room size. We left our on running all day and it was still 80 degrees Fahrenheit. The bad part is that they always break. It was a steam room of sweat in my room the first (and only) night I slept there. Checked out and split a hotel with my friend. Ended up being cheaper.

"Online check-in" line was slower than the normal line. Front-counter staff was really friendly though! I upgraded to the better breakfast but didn't realize it would be served starting at 10am (or whenever) but the staff recommended I go to the bar then (approx 9:45pm) and get the breakfast. Unfortunately for me, the bar stopped serving food already (normally 10pm?) which was pretty frustrating. The meal was converted to a drink, but I don't drink, so I ended up losing the money.

It was a really nice hostel. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The rooms were super spacious which is always nice. Each bed has a privacy curtain so you have some privacy and your sleep isn't interrupted depending on your hostel mates. The washrooms were clean and private. Overall a great experience - I would recommend the hostel to anyone travelling.

• 13th Jul 2014

Great location and service! Private room had a huge bed and was actually very spacious. Overall extremely clean! Would highly recommend!

• 12th Jul 2014

A typical "corporate" hostel. Lots of young folks and the bar on the ground floor was a decent place to hang out. Loud at night but the floors were quiet enough. I liked that they had curtains on the bed space so you had a sense of privacy.

The hostel was far too American. Staff had no common sense. They checked a 80+ year old women into my dorm room but put her in the top bunk. She was not informed of this on check in. I swapped with her. There were signs for the laundry throughout the hostel saying it was on level 6. When trying to find it I discovers it was only accessible through one lift which was not mentioned on the signs.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7