St Christopher's Inn Gare du Nord Reviews

5, Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

Great location and staff. Liked that there was a bar downstairs. Did not like that bathrooms were either very muggy or wet. Also I think they need to install shelves in the showers because I had no place to put my soap and stuff.

• 17th Jul 2014

St christophers was a convenient and clean place to stay, the staff where very helpfull. The area is very safe. I had no problems on the trains at night, but its still worth keeping your witts about you. Overall, good accom for an affordable price.

• 17th Jul 2014

Nice hostel! Some of the staff was really good, som less good.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Staff were generally helpful but didnt offer any help or alternatives when I complained that the rooms were too hot.

• 15th Jul 2014

Great atmosphere, especially with the bar/restaurant being attached onto the side, with great food and live music! Good sized room, even though it was an 8 bed, and the lockers under the beds were perfect. Very clean and comfortable and felt very safe. Not great area, but only 2 mins from Gare du Nord station which makes getting around really easy.

its very good location, two minutes walking from Nord Gare, just turn left after out of the train station, and go ahead. the facilities are good expect the kitchen for self catering, it is almost deserted! no tools to cook at all! the staffs are ok but a bit grumpy. there the price is fine.

I loved this hostel. From the moment we checked in, the staff was friendly, personable and great. The rooms were spacious yet private. It was my friend's first time staying in a hostel and she was very nervous about it and but she survived and even enjoyed it. The rooms were great, the lockers provided, the bar, the staff and the internet were all wonderful.

This was the worst hostel that I have ever stayed in. My room was changed 3 times in a 5 night stay! They told me I had booked it improperly yet this happened to many other people during my stay. They can't seem to keep the bed assignments straight, for example, my friend came into the room to find someone else asleep in her bed! The air conditioner was broken and the hostel was very loud which led to crappy sleeping accommodations. Cooked breakfast doesn't start till 10:30.

Beware this hostel doesn't have a proper air conditioning system in the rooms. They use AC units that can't handle the room size. We left our on running all day and it was still 80 degrees Fahrenheit. The bad part is that they always break. It was a steam room of sweat in my room the first (and only) night I slept there. Checked out and split a hotel with my friend. Ended up being cheaper.

"Online check-in" line was slower than the normal line. Front-counter staff was really friendly though! I upgraded to the better breakfast but didn't realize it would be served starting at 10am (or whenever) but the staff recommended I go to the bar then (approx 9:45pm) and get the breakfast. Unfortunately for me, the bar stopped serving food already (normally 10pm?) which was pretty frustrating. The meal was converted to a drink, but I don't drink, so I ended up losing the money.

It was a really nice hostel. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The rooms were super spacious which is always nice. Each bed has a privacy curtain so you have some privacy and your sleep isn't interrupted depending on your hostel mates. The washrooms were clean and private. Overall a great experience - I would recommend the hostel to anyone travelling.

• 13th Jul 2014

Great location and service! Private room had a huge bed and was actually very spacious. Overall extremely clean! Would highly recommend!

• 12th Jul 2014

A typical "corporate" hostel. Lots of young folks and the bar on the ground floor was a decent place to hang out. Loud at night but the floors were quiet enough. I liked that they had curtains on the bed space so you had a sense of privacy.

The hostel was far too American. Staff had no common sense. They checked a 80+ year old women into my dorm room but put her in the top bunk. She was not informed of this on check in. I swapped with her. There were signs for the laundry throughout the hostel saying it was on level 6. When trying to find it I discovers it was only accessible through one lift which was not mentioned on the signs.

Staff needs some training. Gives wrong key/wrong room. I had to go back & forth 2-3 times to the front desk with my luggage in tow. The shower and bathroom could use some cleaning. It's gross if you consider the price you pay for your stay. Does not specify that regular breakfast is included and when i checked in online i was given the option to buy breakfast at €4.50, turns out that's a special english breakfast, that I don't really care for. Room was small for 8 beds. Expensive much!

Too busy, not enough staff but those on were outstanding! Pain no kitchen and the restaurant has high prices as u need to eat there. Feels like the place is only open to make as much money, sell whatever they can and not improve a trip unlike other hostels. Good room with own power pt, USB etc but not many showers or toilets. Good for one night if u needed to get to airport or train early

It's a very clean hostel, with lots of space for your things inducing under the bed storage for your bags. It's a bit far from the center, but it's not hard to get around. A bit overpriced in my opinion but I guess that's what you get in Paris.

Paris is expensive, but staying at this hostel makes it more so because they have no kitchen facilities. There is a bar onsite, which is very noisy every night - we had to raise our voices to talk over the bar noise inside our second-floor room. Basically the only shared space is the bar, which doesn't have a very friendly atmosphere, and just standard UK pub food and drink. Staff aren't very friendly at check-in, but that might be because the front desk is very busy.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Nice snd cool staff. Friendly travelers in the cooridors and common areas. The rooms were awedome with a curtsin thst you could enclouser yourself do u would not get disturbed when your roommates come home and put on the light. The lockers underneath the bed was very big. The showers wer really disgusting floor that overflooded and felt dirty. The included breakfast were s nice place to mingle but the food itself was bad compared with other hostel thst include breakfast.

Really enjoyed our stay here! Super close to the Gare du Nord train station and huge rooms, bathrooms, etc. The bar downstairs has really cheap food and a nice atmosphere and the laundry facilities were great. Also the wifi was great and worked in the rooms! Only complaint is that it was pretty warm in the rooms but overall we enjoyed it and would stay here again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7