St Christopher's Inn Gare du Nord Reviews

5, Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

I just stayed one night but everything was so great! The stuff is very gentle and the atmosphere really cool, really close to the gate, the only thing is that the zone around doesn't seem very secure

• 31st Aug 2015
  • Peru

Just have to say that the staff were so helpful. Vicki helped me when my travel plans got jumbled and I needed to make some changes quickly. I am so grateful for all her (and everyone there) help. I would recommend this hostel to everyone.

• 29th Aug 2015

We enjoyed our stay very much, but a few things could have been improved: 1. the women's bathrooms showers did not drain well, so there were always puddles in the toilet sections 2. the coffee was unsatisfactory Otherwise, we had a great time at the hostel and liked it very much. We would stay there again for sure.

Had an excellent stay at the Gard de Nord hostel. The hostel is new and so the rooms are really smart and very clean. The staff were really welcoming and approachable. Great free breakfast in the mornings was really good too. I liked the location. Right next to the massive Gard de Nord train station, so it's really easy to find and the quartier of Montmartre is within 10 min walking.Great bar where they have live music bands playing on a stage above the bar! Very safe too with lots of security.

• 27th Aug 2015

I hate to not give great reviews because I loved so much about this hostel, but the location is really just not worth any of it. I loved the curtained beds and the convenient lockers and the bar (American as it was). Even so, the area is bereft of good food spots and gives a warped view of Paris. I was there for a while and could figure it out but had I not been I would have left with a very different view. It colored my entire visit. Stay in the south.

One of the best hostels we stayed in during our trip. Finally a free breakfast included in the booking! A real thumbs up for that and the excellent WI-FI. The facilities were ok, a little dirty and smelly but they weren't bad. Located right near the main railway and metro station and getting round was easier than we thought. The staff were really friendly and informative and they made getting around really easy. Loads of directions and info at the main desk. Bar/restaurant was amazing.

The location was PERFECT so close to train and subway stations.I was in an 8 bed girls dorm room. There was a socke, usb plug, small light and curtain for each bed! In that aspect the place was amazing. We also got a towel for free from the hostel and the sheets were comfortable and clean. I didn't love the atmosphere at the bar and the drinks were very expensive. I would still recommend this hostel- it was enough for my needs and I would go there again because of the price.

The best hostel ive ever stayed in. The small things like the privacy curtains on the beds and the really big pulled out lockers really made it a great experiance. Everything was very clean and the breakfast was really great. The staff were quite mediocre but not awful. I would really reccommend this hostel.

Good free breakfast

Overall it's a nice hostel but it is not aimed at solo travellers as it is very big and doesn't help people to interact. The staff also though they are professional were not friendly and seemed uninterested in their jobs. Room was clean and so was the bathroom on my floor and was very handy having powerpoints on the bed but curtains also made it very antisocial in rooms. No kitchen facilities also makes it difficult and it is located in a scary area so leaving to finding food at night is hard.

• 20th Aug 2015

Free breakfast was awesome! No free luggage storage though which was unusual. The hostel is really too big so the atmosphere wasn't the best. The location is in a shoddy area but it's right by a main train station.

Our stay day was very pleasant. The only inconvenience is the bathrooms. There is a large number of people staying in there and they do not pay enough atention to keep showers and counters dry and clean. In the other hand, the location could not be better. They serve a basic breakfast but very good. Front desk girl was very busy and their directions were not clear, but a nice bartender cleared things up. All together it was a good experience, but there is space for better in bathroom area.

• 19th Aug 2015
  • Mexico

We enjoyed the hostel, however we found that it was loud in the evenings due to Belushis. The location however was great, it was clean, the rooms were a reasonable size, staff assisted when needed.

Shower floor was slimy and a large group of boys making a lot of noise on top level, but otherwise very happy with hostel

Nice and clean hostel, close to railway station. Big breakfast and many discounts for food and drinks. Lots of entertainment, friendly and helpful staff as well as nice atmosphere

The neighborhood is very sketchy and not safe to walk around at night. Even during the day, I felt uncomfortable walking alone. The hostel did have a security guard outside though which was good. The staff didn't know the answer to any basic questions about what time attractions opened and how much they cost. They gave me a lot of wrong info and seemed like they were too lazy to really help.

Staff were lovely and professional. Room was big, clean and I had a wonderful sleep. Bathrooms were clean. Breakfast was brilliant and the wifi worked. Great value. The only thing I would change is the location as a solo female traveller, I didn't feel safe walking even in daylight at times. That said, it really is 100m from Gare du Nord, so not a problem if you take the train.

• 18th Aug 2015

I've never much been a fan of hostels on top of restaurants and bars, but this one pulls it off alright by having a lounge as well. Only stayed one I night, but it was good stay.

Good location, close to Gard du Nord and Gard De L'Est. It was a bit loud, so bring earplugs if you want to sleep better. The 4-bed rooms have their own bathroom, which was good - it was cleaned each day. Going on one of the tours offered at the front desk was a great way to meet new people. Staff at the front desk were really helpful! I stayed an extra night in a 8-bed room, and the shared bathroom didn't have any ventilation, so it smelled pretty bad, and the showers didn't drain well either.

Some of the staff were really rude. You have to pay like 5 euros to store your luggage and it's unfair when you pay 30 euros for the night. The bathroom was really far from the room.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7