St Christopher's Inn - London Bridge Reviews

121 Borough High Street, London, England

I really loved my stay here. I love the location because there are a lot of things to see around this hostel, the underground it´s really close and also there is a bar downstair. So, i recommend it! :)

It was a great location! Not the best place to stay if you want a good night of sleep because the bar is below the rooms and people in London like to party! It was a fun environment though! We were on the top floor of the hostel and in the middle of the night the room was super hot so I couldn't get the best night of sleep. But overall a good experience for my first hostel.

• 18th Sep 2014

The hostel was very good located in London itself, but it was situated above a pub with live music until 3 am & some benches outside. Our room was exactly above the pub, our window facing the benches and we did not get any sleep until 3.30 am. I think we would have been able to cope with the noise, but our window could not close so we could hear every conversation downstairs. Breakfast was all right, but not many options. Cleanliness and security superb. Reception was 200 metres away.

Shower is not hot. Room and bathroom light goes off and staff unable to fixed it. I had shower in total dark. The biggest problem is that, it is located on the second floor of a pub. Every night from 10pm to 3am you hear pub peoples noise and music band. The reception is 2 mins away from the room, though on the same street. As I arrived at night, I had to walk through the crowds of drinking people and had everyone staring at me. Worst hostel experience ever!

Nice place. Near station and supermarket!

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Japan

my night was good for my first night in an hostel environment. The bar down hostel is good and make it more fun. Hostel is clean and breakfast is good. I went to this hostel because a friend of mine suggested to me and I will suggest it to my friends.

• 5th Sep 2014

Good place to stay, good location and easy to find

Nothing to complain about. Everything was perfect for me specially if I compare to most of the hostels I have been in London.

• 1st Sep 2014

Satisfy with my night. free breakfast is cool specially for the price I paid. It's clean. facilities are correct but hair-dryer could be helpful for girls.

• 31st Aug 2014

It was the worst hostel I have ever stayed at. Staff not polite, not helpful. Breakfast was horrible. You have to pay for everything, towels, lockers if you need to leave your luggage... I wouldn't recommend this hostel to anybody even to my enemy!!!!!

Brilliant stay! Staff extremely helpful and smiley :)

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Great hostel, clean bathrooms, nice breakfast with coffee, milk, tea, cereals, yogurt. It's very near to the underground. I really enjoyed my stay.

We were assigned to room 2, which was on the second floor

The room was extremely hot the whole time. Even when it was cold outside. Mould growing inside each and every soap dispenser in the already unclean showers. The people at the bar a bdownstrairs and in the alley way adjacent to the majority of the hostel rooms will be loud to 2-2:30 am almost every night of the week. The building is cool

The 'village' was a small windy building that was not really suited to be a hostel. Getting luggage up and down was a pain, not to mention confusing. The location was right at London Bridge, so this meant access to the Borough Markets, for example, as well as the tube. Staff were not aware of the entry code to the rooms at the village, which meant trips down the road constantly to get this rectified..even the cleaner knew about it and let us in beforehand. I would stay at another place in London

I wanted to like this hostel, but the staff was so ineffective I couldn't. I had to walk to the reception desk (a block down at the next hostel) 3 separate times to deal with a problem with the bed arrangement in my room, and ultimately each time nothing was done to remedy the situation. I have never encounter such incompetent staff at a hostel. Maybe your stay will be fine, but pray you don't have a problem that needs fixing.

This is the worst hostel I have ever been in my life (and I have been to many). I stayed for 2 nights in a 4 bed dorm and it couldn't be worse. The room was super hot and super noisy until 2 am. The window couldn't be closed and the room was facing a pub, so very loud noise won't stop until 2 am, making it impossible to sleep. Also it was hot as hell, you couldn't avoid sweating like crazy. Staff was also terrible, couldn´t give any useful information.

Hey. We are very sorry to hear that you didn't like the stay. We are looking into this matter and everyday train our staff to be the best. Next time feel free to ask free earplugs downstairs, we would be more than happy to give it to you. St Christophers Inn team

It was unpredictably hot in London during our stay. Our room was very hot. Normally that would be fine during the night if you were able to open a window. The window didnt open properly...only about 6 inches, so our room never cooled off. When my travel mate inquired about thw window a staff member was very rude and not interested in offering a solution. There was also a dirty pair of underwear hanging on our clothes hook when we arrived.

Hey! We are sorry to hear that you had some problems during you stay. These kind of problems are very unusual and we take it very seriously in solving them. Thank you, and we hope that these thing won't stop you from staying with us again. St Christophers Inn team

one of the best hostel I have been.

• 7th Jul 2014

Hey! What a lovely comment it is, thank you very much. Come to visit us again! St Christophers Inn team

'Party hostel' is a bit misleading. There's a pub downstairs but that's it. Filled with the local after work crowd as much if not more than backpackers. Everything is down the road at the main hostel, not at the Inn. Small rooms and small bathrooms were tolerable but not much fun. Would not stay again. I may give the proper St Cristophers down the road a go, but not the Inn.

Hey! thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that your stay didn't match your expectations. We are always trying to improve so these comments mean a lot to us. Thank you one more time. St Christophers Inn team

« first « Prev 1 2 3