St Christopher's Inn - London Bridge Reviews

121 Borough High Street, London, England

I wanted to like this hostel, but the staff was so ineffective I couldn't. I had to walk to the reception desk (a block down at the next hostel) 3 separate times to deal with a problem with the bed arrangement in my room, and ultimately each time nothing was done to remedy the situation. I have never encounter such incompetent staff at a hostel. Maybe your stay will be fine, but pray you don't have a problem that needs fixing.

This is the worst hostel I have ever been in my life (and I have been to many). I stayed for 2 nights in a 4 bed dorm and it couldn't be worse. The room was super hot and super noisy until 2 am. The window couldn't be closed and the room was facing a pub, so very loud noise won't stop until 2 am, making it impossible to sleep. Also it was hot as hell, you couldn't avoid sweating like crazy. Staff was also terrible, couldn´t give any useful information.

It was unpredictably hot in London during our stay. Our room was very hot. Normally that would be fine during the night if you were able to open a window. The window didnt open properly...only about 6 inches, so our room never cooled off. When my travel mate inquired about thw window a staff member was very rude and not interested in offering a solution. There was also a dirty pair of underwear hanging on our clothes hook when we arrived.

one of the best hostel I have been.

• 7th Jul 2014

'Party hostel' is a bit misleading. There's a pub downstairs but that's it. Filled with the local after work crowd as much if not more than backpackers. Everything is down the road at the main hostel, not at the Inn. Small rooms and small bathrooms were tolerable but not much fun. Would not stay again. I may give the proper St Cristophers down the road a go, but not the Inn.

staff really friendly and I found the hostel clean and well located

• 6th Jul 2014

I loved it

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Sublime .

I wasn't expecting something special on coming there because it was an hostel and stayed in few hostels in London and I was disappointed but too be honest I was quite impressed by the fact it was really clean and having free breakfast well served. Rooms are just what you need: clean and spacious. Staff were nice and funny. Perhaps a commune area will be nice but with the bar downstairs we could have chat and meet people around a beer. Quite happy about it

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

I don't usually leave a review but the hostel was cool. Fun people at the bar.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

The staff was friendly and very keen to help. The room was good, clean, well lighted and ventilated. I like it has a pub downstairs, yo can have a beer there and afterwards if you go to sleep

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Spain

The room was fine but the toilets and showers were terrible. It didnt matter what time of day I was in there it always had a wet floor. The ventilation was terrible. Staff was great, very helpful.

• 26th Jun 2014

Excellent location, nice staff, clean bathrooms. Free shampoo and free breakfast for a good price.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Portugal

The price is pretty cheap at that excellent location! Especially the breakfast is included - so wonderful! The pub downstairs has fabulous facilities - almost every table has a TV screen so that you can enjoy watching football with friends. Also it was my first time to sing karaoke at the pub in the UK, so fun! haha

The room was okay. The showers had mold in them, and they were so small it was impossible for me to wash me feet without touching it. On the other hand it was under 10 pounds to stay in one of the nicest parts of London. I'd recommend it to a friend, but only if they're young and/or adventurous.

Hey Sorry your experience at the Inn didn't match our usual standards. We are looking into the bathroom issue mentioned. St Christophers Inn

Really enjoyed our stay here. Close to metro. Little noisy as our room was above a bar. Just bring ear plugs. Would stay here again.

Hey What a lovely feedback! Thank you for that ! We hope to see you soon St Christophers Inn

If you want to stay at This hostel stay ta the village, is more noisy but at least you dont have to walk every time you need something or the staff assistence. Other than that the wifi does not work in the room. The staff was not helpful at all and there is mold on the bathroom walls.

Hey Thank you for your review,we appreciate your feedback. It's important for us to know your opinion about our hostel We are sorry your experience didn't match your standards. All issues mentioned will be taken into account. St Christophers Inn Team

Good hostel. I wish there had been more outlets in the room though-only 2 in a 4 person room.

Hey Thank you for leaving us feedback,it is much appreciated. We tried to put more outlets in the room but it's not very easy because of the boxes under the beds which take a lot of space when they are open.Thank you for your advice. St Christophers Inn Team

Nice Hostel!

• 26th May 2014

This place is much better than other hostels, that I've seen or stayed in London. I enjoyed to stay there and highly recomend it

• 22nd May 2014