St Christopher's Inn - London Bridge Reviews

121 Borough High Street, London, England

Hostel is located in great area for Tube stops - Borough&London Bridge. Check In is at Village = frustrating due to no notification. Hostel is down a side street = nice. Stairs permeate the building = tiring. 4 bed room was much smaller than preferred. Bed gave me backache every single day = most hated aspect. Breakfast was good at giving the basics - cereal, toast, drinks - nothing special. WiFi in hostel was okay for simple tasks.

Hey thanks to leave us a feedback. Great you liked the location. Sorry you didnt enjoy the bed we are currently refurbishing so it should be better soon. Take care ;)

Probably the best hostel in London. Don't expect high standards but London's standards are probably the lowest of Europe.

• 1st Dec 2014

Hey thanks for this nice review. We are happy to know you liked it there. See you soon and safe travel

Very quiet place - perfect place if you just want to sleep and move on next morning. If you want to meet other travellers than I would recommend St Christopher's Village, located ~50m away.

Hey thanks for your review, We are glad you liked the atmosphere of the village . Take care, see you soon

The hostel was great! Especially the staff and the price. The pub was great for having some pints at noon. moreover on friday and saturday they play music live so, it's great to go there and have some fun. the breakfast it's also very generous. Thanks to Daniel and his staff for their atention.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Hey Thanks a lot for you feedback, great you enjoyed the breakfast and the staff

Great location--close to Borough St. Market, restaurants (including cafe/pub downstairs) and Tube station. Easy access from Heathrow by Tube. Pub downstairs runs loud and late, earplugs available Light sleepers beware. Good free breakfast & free laundry self-service nearby at the SC Village registration desk-washers will run 2-3 hours if not set to "quick wash" setting--clean friendly & secure, nightly party noise warning, a drawback for some. Good Wi-fi in rooms. Overall a very good hostel.

This hostel was in a great location for everything with walking and also the tube for those further out attractions. Check in at the hostel 100m further down the road is not a big hassle but a tad annoying. Staff were very helpful and the bar attached to main hostel (100 m away is great)! Atmosphere is not great - no common areas. Also having a small kitchen with microwave etc would be nice, or even a sink to fill up a drink bottle. Bathrooms were good nothing special and rooms quite large.

Thanks for your review. We are happy you liked the location and staff we will tell them. Next time feel free to use the common area at the Village the other hostel where the reception is located. Safe travel and see you soon ;))

Very good location. Cool staff and nice bar on the ground floor. A bit unusual that the place to do check-in and rooms are separated. Free breakfast is great, it'll be perfect with some fresh fruits or juice. Some shower rooms are not very convenient but others are good. Cleanness is not the best I saw, but it is also because of old age of building. For me the only negative point is the heater in the room : too hot to leave the windows closed !

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Japan

Hey !!! Thanks for the feedback . Great you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast, sorry about the radiator issue we will fix it ;))

Decent hostel. I liked the locked area under the beds, and being on top of a pub was pretty cool. -Colin (Canada)

Hello, thanks for your review, we are glad you liked the pub, see you soon, safe travel ;]

Hostel well located in an old building above a nice pub. The hostel is full of character. I enjoyed my stay there because of cleanliness compare to any other hostel I have been in UK, the free breakfast, facilities (free shampoo inside the showers and hair dryer) and the location. I believe for some people it can be noisy but for me it was totally fine.

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Portugal

Hello, Thank you for leaving us a feedback. We are glad you liked the location and the hostel. See you next time in London :)

Staff was cool! Worth it to go there!

• 2nd Nov 2014

Hey, Thank you for this short but very nice review :)

Good location. Very expensive for what you get. Not much backpacker type atmosphere. Better of staying away from the"chain" hostels. Would be good for groups. Not solo travelers

I stayed at the Village before and had a not-so-great experience, but I figured I'd give the Inn a chance. Glad I did, it has a lot of character and you truly can't beat the location for the price. Other than the room mix-up on my arrival, and the fact that lockers cost £2 for just six hours, it was much better. Still no atmosphere though - the main bars are still full of groups of backpackers unwilling to socialise. Stay here if only for the location and warm beds though.

Very noisy for the bar... Very nice staff...the kitchen close at 10

Very satisfied, reception

Thanks for this short but nice review ;)

The beds seemed clean, which was good. But otherwise: it is not enough that one cleans only on the middle of the floor. The floor is normally cleaned by the walls and under the beds as well. Why to have any extra broken furniture in the room since nobody can use it anyway?

I liked the hostel, but didn't like that the reception was in another building. Location is excellent. Bathrooms should be cleaned more often.

Small corridors and narrow stairs. Just one shower for a reasonable number of people, but everything worked fine. The room could have more plug sockets as well. I stayed just one night, so it was ok.

I really loved my stay here. I love the location because there are a lot of things to see around this hostel, the underground it´s really close and also there is a bar downstair. So, i recommend it! :)

Simply THE BEST HOSTEL IN LONDON!!!

It was a great location! Not the best place to stay if you want a good night of sleep because the bar is below the rooms and people in London like to party! It was a fun environment though! We were on the top floor of the hostel and in the middle of the night the room was super hot so I couldn't get the best night of sleep. But overall a good experience for my first hostel.

• 18th Sep 2014