St Christopher's Inn Newquay Reviews

35 Fore Street, TR7 1HR, Newquay, England

Wonderful staff, great views, great location and a real plus that there is a bar in the same building. The only downside is it's a bit of a pain to find if you don't know that it's inside Bellushi's and there are no cages in the 10 man dorms for your luggage.

• 30th Jun 2015

A mixed stay. All of the staff were great, except for housekeeping. They only had one housekeeper at the time, and I stayed for 7 days. I know for certain my room wasn't cleaned three of those days. Partly perhaps because I was the only one in it for a couple days? Otherwise, the view from the room was outstanding, the location good, breakfast average and you get used to the noises from the bar. I would LOVE to see a kitchen for hostel guests. And the WiFi signal was awful. Only had it at 5 A.M.

bathroom in room was average

• 23rd May 2015
  • New Zealand

In the hostel room there was this strange dried brown stuff at the bottom of our shower, which looked disgusting, on top of the shower not actually being that great and in a really dark corner was very off-putting. We were going to use the cupboards which were provided, but chose against it as the floor was the cleaner. The blonde bar lady took ages to serve me, even though I was on her side and waiting the longest, she kept looking at me but never served me until I was already being served.

Wonderful hostel with the best location in newquay. The staff was very nice and I had a great stay. A delicious breakfast was in the price included. Furthermore, the surf school next to the hostel was great.

Probably the best hostel I've stayed in.

• 27th Apr 2015

No.8 a great room but lacked a rail for towels and hangers. The bathroom door didn't close. Not always food there for breakfast. Ground coffee would be great.

Kitchen being redone while I was there sort of sucked but understand now it will be much better. Typical St Christopher's but with amazing location, right in centre of town with incredible view. No lockers or cages under the bed in the 10 bed dorm.

Had a lovely stay. Staff were friendly and helpful. And the hostel was kept very clean. Cannot beat the views!!! Miss it already!

I wish i could of stayed longer then one night but we were on a tight schedule. I liked the discounts for the bar and food. The beds were comfy and you get your own power point and light. One tip swipe your key card really slowly to get into your room.