St Christopher's Inn Newquay Reviews

35 Fore Street, TR7 1HR, Newquay, England

I was booked to stay at a 6-bed dorm, but someone was occupying my bed. The staff helped me out. They put me in a 4-bed en suite without charging me extra. + View from the hostel is amazing + Excellent location + Helpful staff - Cleanliness could be improved - someone changed the bed but left used linens on the floor - No common area, just the bar

some staff were fantastic and really friendly. others coulnt be bothered. the pub was nice that its attached to and decent sizedrooms, and a comfy bed.

The first floor shared bathroom is absolutely disgraceful. It is next to the boiler so it is ridiculously hot in there and there are no windows just an overworked ventilator fan that doesn't do much good. The water was also way too hot. The toilet didn't flush, there are no hooks anywhere to bang your stuff and even though it was cleaned daily still looked gross. The second floor shared bathroom is much better, brighter, cleaner with a window but the light doesn't work - still better though.

Lockers under bed were broken and key card often didn't work, breakfast was good but only was from 9-10. There was also no one around to check out.

This place rocks!!

Great place to stay, especially if you're going to surf! The crew next door at Escape surf school are awesome. Easy to get to from the train or bus. If you get lost ask for Beluschi's, not St-Christopher's, which is the bar downstairs. It can get loud at night especially on weekends, but that's kind of to be expected. People are friendly and the view is amazing!

Great stay and amazing value for your money. Very friendly staff and clean comfy rooms. A locker to put belonging would be useful.

Lovely location, exceptional view to the sea & beaches from my 8 bed Dorm room. Spacious room & 2 showers in the en suite. Great bar & dining area on the ground level, although it is the only communal area & therefore when there's a private party in the bar, there is nowhere else to chill, plus no kitchen facilities for hosteliers use. It is, however, a great breakfast area & that's free too.

Awesome place to stay. Great location and atmosphere. Met alot of nice people as well. Definitely would stay here again!

• 15th Apr 2014

hostel its self is ok. location is wonderful, the pub joined onto the hostel is the best thing about staying here. great views of the ocean ext. unfortunately our room door did not even lock and there were no lockers in our room - so security for us was very poor.

Location & views of the bay are excellent. We stayed in the double ensuite the views are amazing and from the bar onsite also. The food is good and cheap escially as you get 25% discount in Bellushis bar. Staff very frindly also. Very cheap for the locatio highly reccomend

• 2nd Apr 2014

A great location but the facilities are not as slick and clean as in all of the other St Christophers Inn's I have stayed in.

Hi there, I am very sorry to hear that your experience wasn't all that it should have been. We are currently in the process of refurbishing the bar and hostel, and very much hope that you will come and see us again to see what we have done. Kind Regards Vicki

We stayed at St.Christopher's in February, which is off peak season. We had a great time though! Waking up with the amazing view at the ocean and beach is something I could do every day! Cooperation between the hostel and the surf school is really handy. Staff in both is really helpful and friendly. The only negative I'd say is the absence of proper kitchen for hostel visitors, although there is microwave and kettle...common room and special deals in the bar are a plus too!

Hi there, We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope you come back and see us again soon!! Kind Regards Vicki