St Christopher's Inn Newquay Reviews

35 Fore Street, TR7 1HR, Newquay, England

I can not believe this is a hostel with a pub inside...what means NOISE! If you go there to do surfing you need to rest overnight...so here is impossible. the music last until 2am.... if you open the window is really noisy, the music is just there in the garden. drunk people are dlinking and vomiting on the floor. Is disgusting. I like party, but no in the same place where I have to sleep...is unbeliable. the toilet was inside the room...noisi again. mattres have the pposition in the middle....

Had a great time, hope to come again next year. Only criticism would be one of the showers was scalding hot but other one was fine. It would be easy enough to add a few hooks in the shower rooms as there is no where to hang towel etc. Stayed in the 10 bed female dorm.

The staff is incredibly welcoming and helpful! The location is awesome- 3 minutes from most bars and about 10 minutes from Fistral Beach. I highly recommend it to anyone. Food and drink prices at Belushi's were beyond affordable! We are a group of girls who stayed in a mixed dorm for 5 nights. By the end of the stay everyone knew our names- it's like one family there. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 6th Aug 2015

Dirty place Toilet was disgusting Got boiling water in the shower

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • India

overall it was good until the last day when i went downstairs 5min past 10 and the waitress refused to give me coffe just instant coffee, well after staying there for 3days i should at least be more appreciated apart from that waitress ,the rest of the staff were very friendly and helpfull, the bathroom flooded twice and and cleaness of the bathrooms wasn't really good.

• 21st Jul 2015

I loved staying here. The staff were awesome, Gus at the front was very helpful and friendly also the first person I met upon arriving. They were short on lockers but I met all my roommates and we spent a lot of time together so it didn't worry me. Staff but on a barbeque £5 all you can eat and it was fantastic. Have and will stay at more St. Christophers because of staying here.

I had a great stay, but wish there was a kitchen

Nowhere for hostel guests to hang out other than in the bar so when the bar is closed, you are basically outside (in the rain) or in your dorm. Dorms and bathrooms are pretty grim - not cleaned & nowhere to lock stuff up or even hang things, eg, not even a single hook in the bathroom. Where do you put your towel & your clean clothes? No kitchen facilities, nowhere to make a cup of tea. This place is a pub masquerading as a hostel & the accommodation is very low quality. Lovely beaches nearby.

Wifi (internet connection) very poor. Staff nice and chilled out. breaky was good in the mornings. very close to the beach and nightlife. heaps of food places and shops.

Hey! Thanks for your feedback it is always nice to hear good things. We have glad you enjoyed your stay with us in Newquay and enjoyed the chilled out vibe and free breaky! we are currently having the wifi re-serviced so hope it should be all sorted if you choose to come and see us! Regards, Gus St. Christopher's Inn's Newquay

great location, people and atmosphere but the place is quite run down. Also, no one tells you that right underneath your room is a loud nightclub that will be banging until 3am. One shower wouldn't drain and the other wouldn't turn off. Facilities could definitely do with a big upgrade... Also - why is the place called 'St Christophers inn' but when you get there its actually called 'Belushis' ?

Wonderful staff, great views, great location and a real plus that there is a bar in the same building. The only downside is it's a bit of a pain to find if you don't know that it's inside Bellushi's and there are no cages in the 10 man dorms for your luggage.

• 30th Jun 2015

A mixed stay. All of the staff were great, except for housekeeping. They only had one housekeeper at the time, and I stayed for 7 days. I know for certain my room wasn't cleaned three of those days. Partly perhaps because I was the only one in it for a couple days? Otherwise, the view from the room was outstanding, the location good, breakfast average and you get used to the noises from the bar. I would LOVE to see a kitchen for hostel guests. And the WiFi signal was awful. Only had it at 5 A.M.

bathroom in room was average

• 23rd May 2015
  • New Zealand

In the hostel room there was this strange dried brown stuff at the bottom of our shower, which looked disgusting, on top of the shower not actually being that great and in a really dark corner was very off-putting. We were going to use the cupboards which were provided, but chose against it as the floor was the cleaner. The blonde bar lady took ages to serve me, even though I was on her side and waiting the longest, she kept looking at me but never served me until I was already being served.

Wonderful hostel with the best location in newquay. The staff was very nice and I had a great stay. A delicious breakfast was in the price included. Furthermore, the surf school next to the hostel was great.

Probably the best hostel I've stayed in.

• 27th Apr 2015

No.8 a great room but lacked a rail for towels and hangers. The bathroom door didn't close. Not always food there for breakfast. Ground coffee would be great.

Kitchen being redone while I was there sort of sucked but understand now it will be much better. Typical St Christopher's but with amazing location, right in centre of town with incredible view. No lockers or cages under the bed in the 10 bed dorm.

Had a lovely stay. Staff were friendly and helpful. And the hostel was kept very clean. Cannot beat the views!!! Miss it already!

I wish i could of stayed longer then one night but we were on a tight schedule. I liked the discounts for the bar and food. The beds were comfy and you get your own power point and light. One tip swipe your key card really slowly to get into your room.