St Christopher's Oasis-Female Only Reviews

163 Borough High Street, SE1 1HR, Southwark, London, England

It was great, and comparing to my previous hostel, luxurious. Nice clean beds, a lot of space in the rooms, towel, clean bathrooms. and the panel with light and sockets (european and usb!) next to each bed! Really nice!

To be honest, having stayed in other St. Christopher's before I wasn't expecting much. However, I was impressed by the friendly staff, spacious, clean showers and comfortable beds. The shared common area was comfy and had a fridge and microwave which was a nice plus. I would mention that the single toilets never seemed to flush or have soap and the breakfast could get quite chaotic with staff unable to keep up with the demand of people. Also, there is no free luggage storage.

Hey Many thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad to read that you had a lovely stay in our Hostel! Unfortunately with more than 200 guests everyday, breakfast can get a bit chaotic. We will be more careful about the soap from now on. We hope that you will keep staying with us!

Was really good apart from the fact that they have male staff cleaning the female only part of the hostel. Got woken up by the male cleaner talking loudly outside my room and then when I came out of the bathroom later on, he was standing down the hallway leaning against a door watching me. Was quite creepy! Apart from that everything was good and the rest of the staff were really nice.

• 14th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

We were very sorry to read that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as it perhaps could have been due to the possibility of our housekeeping staff making you feel somewhat uncomfortable. As we're sure this was not there intention, regardless, we are still somewhat concerned by your comments and would like to do some further investigating to avoid any scenarios like this in the future so, in addition to this response, we have also sent you a personal email. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused in your travels but regardless; hope you still enjoyed your time in London.

I really liked the breakfast! It was a great way to start the day. The location was close to two train stations which was helpful. The bathrooms weren't always very clean though. The bar was always busy though!

• 4th Dec 2015

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us such an awesome review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our free breakfast and central location with major sights right around the corner. We hope to see you again during your travels, take care!

Cheapish (for London). Loved the light/charger stations on each bed. Hated the noisy roller lockers - so squeaky!! Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Showers were filthy. Supermarket across the road; would be amazing if it had a kitchen. Close to the underground and walking distance to the shard, borough markets and tower bridge. Reception staff were a bit hit and miss, but generally ok. Overall not bad.

Hi there , thank you so much for your review. Come to us again soon. Cheers ;)

Absolutely value for money and would recommend it. Clean, quiet, and good storage space. Breakfast was wonderful, too.

• 18th Nov 2015
  • Palestine

Hello, thank you so much for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay, We hope to see soon in one of our other St Christopher's around Europe...

I stayed in the female 14 bed dorm. It was a bit cold (one glass window) but clean and beds were comfy. Each bed had a power outlet and light, and big lockers below the beds. Noise from the traffic outside. The showers were good. Few toilets with broken toilet seats. Towels are included. The hostel is like a mace with small rooms. A bar and lounge downstairs. Skip the breakfast if you're on a diet, only carbs (toast and cereals). The staff in the reception was very friendly and helpful.

• 17th Nov 2015
  • Sweden

Hi there, thank you so much for your review. It sounds that you took advantage of our facilities, unfortunately being very central brings also a lot of noise. Free earplugs are available in reception. As for breakfast, it includes like you said toast and cereals, but also fruits salads, yoghurt, muesli, ham, cheese. We hope that you enjoyed this beautiful city of London and safe travels ;)

The hostel was fine and because I was leaving very early I asked to switch to a bottom bunk. The staff accommodated me which I was grateful for. There was a toilet next to my room that was consistently blocked and the cleaners seemed to ignore it although they were mopping when I went into my room the first time.

• 9th Nov 2015

Thanks for leaving us a review. Glad to hear our staff was able to accommodate your request. We are sorry that we were having some issues with the toilets during your stay - we will ensure the Housekeeping and Maintenance staff keep an eye on this. We hope you enjoyed your stay overall. Until next time, take care!

I enjoyed my stay on a Sunday but unfortunately the rates for Friday and Saturday are too high

• 1st Nov 2015

Thank you for leaving us a review. We try to keep our rates competitive with other hostels in the city - it is the case that a weekend in central London is in high demand resulting in higher rates. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, though, and hope to see you again soon. Take care!

It smells super weird in the hostel! Not sure if it's your cleaning products or what...

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We have looked into this issue and it has been resolved. We hope that aside from this you enjoyed your stay with us. Safe travels!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The beds in the Oasis all had 2 plugs, 2 USB ports and a light by them and the underbed lockers were nice. The bar is very loud from early in the evening until late at night but as soon as you shut the door to go to the rooms, you cannot hear it. Breakfast was basic, but good. I would stay here again.

Thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad you took advantage of new personal power points including a USB port, European, and UK outlets. It's also good to hear that our complimentary breakfast hit the spot to start your mornings. Until next time, safe travels!

Great location! Expected some noise from the bar downstairs, but didn't hear a thing. Loved that there is electricity at every bed.

Hello, thank you for your review. This is what we like to hear, we hope to see you soon . Take care and safe travel

Part from the rude cleaning staff, this hostel is perfect! Best showers I have used on my trip so far. Towels provided.

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to get back to us. We appreciate your feedback and will be using your comments to improve our services and facilities for future guests. It was great to read that you enjoyed our showers. I will pass your comments on to our housekeeping team and improve this going forward. All the best with the rest of your travels :0

I stayed in the room 17 and the smell in there was absolutely horrible and the room wasnt clean. Sorry.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to hear the facilities were not up to your expectations and we are sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us.. When any challenges are brought to our staff's attention, they are happy to remedy the situation. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

Good location, facilities quite basic but showers good and beds comfy - would be value for money if they knocked £20 off the cost per night.

• 9th Oct 2015

Hello there! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. It's awesome to hear good feedback about our location and facilities. It really does mean a lot. Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon! There is no place like the Oasis! :)

Great location walking distance but also very close to tube station. Wifi a little instabile at times. Good water pressure in shower, but not always hot water. Not able to flush any of the three toilets nearby dorm room at several times. Bring earplugs, noice from big street outside. Good beds, own bedlights and outlets/ubs. Would recommend and stay here again at next visit to London.

Thank you for your review - it is great to hear feedback. Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy some part of your stay. We are working on our hostel next time you come back you will see loads things has been improved!

I was upset when the door between the Village and the Oasis "this extra level of security" did not lock. The description says that the Oasis is "full of extra little luxuries"; nothing. My second night was a disaster. I did the online cheek-in and something when wrong so that they marked me as having not arrived and gave away my bed my second night. Instead of moving the other girl they kicked me out of my bed at 2:30am and put me in a mixed room in the Village. Completely inappropriate.

• 25th Sep 2015

The location was great and staff very friendly. Good breakfast. Hostel was clean and quiet.

Hey What a great feedback ! Thank you for that! It makes our team really proud to read such a great review! We hope that you will keep staying with us!

Overall, this is a totally fine hostel. Location is a very close walk from the London Bridge train station (great when I arrived from my delayed flight at 1 am). Felt very secure, but didn't like having to walk through all the other parts of the hostel to get to the "oasis" women's hostel. Bathrooms and dorm room were clean but felt very stuffy. No windows in bathroom & couldn't keep windows open in room overnight because of outside noise (get ear plugs from reception!) meant I was hot at night.

Hi, Thanks for your comments, we really appreciate them. Its nice to know that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again

Great location, comfortable rooms with power adapters and lights for every bed. Showers aren't the best but overall this is a great place to stay

Thank you for your review - it is great to hear good feedback. We hope you do decide to come and stay here again.