8.8
Fabulous 166 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 166 Total Reviews
St Christopher's Oasis-Female Only Located at 163 Borough High Street, SE1 1HR, Southwark, London.
England
London 163 Borough High Street, SE1 1HR, Southwark
88% 166
51.5040011 -0.0908517
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 18-24
17th Aug 2016

Fantastic stay

Heya! Thank you for taking the time to leave us such an amazing review. We hope to see you again during your travels, take care!

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
10th Aug 2016

Great location near the underground. Free breakfast is decent. The walking tour is great. It has a nice atmosphere but I wish it had a kitchen and that the bathrooms were a bit cleaner. Overall good for London

Heya! thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear that you've had a great time staying with us. We wish you the best during the rest of your travels, take care!

• Canada, Female, 31-40
1st Aug 2016

The location was great, the beds were comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful, the pub had delicious food, and the people we met were really nice too. I will absolutely stay there when I'm in London again.

Heya! Thank you for leaving us such an awesome review. We're happy to hear that you've had a great time staying with us. We'll make sure that your kind words get passed along to our staff. Safe travels and take care!

• England, Female, 25-30
18th Jul 2016
7.4

Check in was great, I was allowed a visitor pass until the check in time which gave me access to the lounge area to chill out and the lockers for my luggage. My room was nice and clean but the road was very noisey all night which made sleep difficult, the kettle in my room didn't work and despite being told that there will be someone at the front desk 24 hours a day there was nobody to be seen at 6.30am when I needed to check out making me miss my train.

Hey there Thank your for leaving us a review! We are sorry to hear you didn't find anybody at 6.30 am. At this time, our night porter is usually setting up breakfast in the bar, check out is very easy you just have to give the key back. We will be more careful and leave a note at the desk to indicate that the receptionist is just downstairs preparing breakfast.

16th Jul 2016
8.0

Excellent location. The private female Oasis dorms were not worth the extra money. Also, it was frustrating that the showers for these dorms were cleaned during pique shower time (about 8 AM), and even more frustrating that this was by a male staff member. Definitely a party hostel (except for the oasis, which did make the oasis a nicer atmosphere) and so large as to feel institutional. Staff not particularly helpful.

Hi there, thank you for leaving us a review. We understand your concern about our showers being cleaned by a male member of staff. This is why we put signs in all the female bathrooms to notify our guests. We do have male members of staff either in reception or in our housekeeping team, since they are working in our establishment they have access to all part of the building. We must say we are surprised about your comment about staff, we usually have great reviews about them. We still hope you enjoyed this beautiful city of London

14th Jul 2016

Great location! I was surprised that you had to walk through the unisex hostel to get to the female only one but overall the staff was friendly and it was exactly what I was looking for for my stay in London. The bathrooms could have been a little cleaner and there were parts of the hallway that smelled like urine but for the value it's hard to beat. I would stay again.

Hi there thank you for leaving us your feedback. Glad to hear your stay was enjoyable. We will stay on top more of the toilets and their cleanliness. hope to see you again and till then safe travels:)

• Australia, Female, 25-30
7th Jul 2016
7.7

Pretty happy overall. Better ventilation is probably needed. Or some sore of sanitary air spray to get the stuffy room smell out.

Heya! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We love to hear back from our guests. We're working on getting fans in all the rooms to help the ventilation. Safe travels and take care!

4th Jul 2016

Was warmly greeted by the staff, who was so helpful the entire time! My bed and room were great for what I paid, really comfortable and the people were quiet and respectful. I always love the big lockers St. Christopher's has under the beds! Just gives me peace of mind. The layout of the hostel was odd, it was hard to find bathrooms sometimes. But they were always clean when I did find them! Bar downstairs was fun, though the small tables made it hard to get social with pre established groups.

Hi there! Thank you for your kind words, We're glad to hear that you have enjoyed your time in London. We wish you the best on the rest of your travels, take care!

• addylamb
  • Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
29th Jun 2016

We stayed in the 14 bed female only "oasis" part of the hostel and I loved it, every bunk had outlets and USB ports as well as a light and you were provided with a towel which was nice. Everything was clean except the bathroom downstairs by the common room that one was kind of gross but all other bathrooms upstairs by the dorms were super clean and got cleaned every morning at 6am it seemed. Although most of the reviews said this place was so loud our room was so quiet and we had no problem.

Hi there! Thank you for your kind words. We're glad to hear that enjoyed yourself while in London. We wish you the best during the rest of your travels, take care!

24th Jun 2016

This place was a great first stop. We made a lot of friends in the hostel and they set us up with plenty to do and see while we were there!

Hi there! Thank you for such an amazing review! We're glad to hear that you have enjoyed your time with us. Safe travels and take care!