8.8
Fabulous 158 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 158 Total Reviews
St Christopher's Oasis-Female Only Located at 163 Borough High Street, SE1 1HR, Southwark, London.
England
London 163 Borough High Street, SE1 1HR, Southwark
88% 158
51.5040011 -0.0908517
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 25-30
18th Jul 2016
7.4

Check in was great, I was allowed a visitor pass until the check in time which gave me access to the lounge area to chill out and the lockers for my luggage. My room was nice and clean but the road was very noisey all night which made sleep difficult, the kettle in my room didn't work and despite being told that there will be someone at the front desk 24 hours a day there was nobody to be seen at 6.30am when I needed to check out making me miss my train.

Hey there Thank your for leaving us a review! We are sorry to hear you didn't find anybody at 6.30 am. At this time, our night porter is usually setting up breakfast in the bar, check out is very easy you just have to give the key back. We will be more careful and leave a note at the desk to indicate that the receptionist is just downstairs preparing breakfast.

16th Jul 2016
8.0

Excellent location. The private female Oasis dorms were not worth the extra money. Also, it was frustrating that the showers for these dorms were cleaned during pique shower time (about 8 AM), and even more frustrating that this was by a male staff member. Definitely a party hostel (except for the oasis, which did make the oasis a nicer atmosphere) and so large as to feel institutional. Staff not particularly helpful.

14th Jul 2016

Great location! I was surprised that you had to walk through the unisex hostel to get to the female only one but overall the staff was friendly and it was exactly what I was looking for for my stay in London. The bathrooms could have been a little cleaner and there were parts of the hallway that smelled like urine but for the value it's hard to beat. I would stay again.

Hi there thank you for leaving us your feedback. Glad to hear your stay was enjoyable. We will stay on top more of the toilets and their cleanliness. hope to see you again and till then safe travels:)

• Australia, Female, 25-30
7th Jul 2016
7.7

Pretty happy overall. Better ventilation is probably needed. Or some sore of sanitary air spray to get the stuffy room smell out.

4th Jul 2016

Was warmly greeted by the staff, who was so helpful the entire time! My bed and room were great for what I paid, really comfortable and the people were quiet and respectful. I always love the big lockers St. Christopher's has under the beds! Just gives me peace of mind. The layout of the hostel was odd, it was hard to find bathrooms sometimes. But they were always clean when I did find them! Bar downstairs was fun, though the small tables made it hard to get social with pre established groups.

• addylamb
  • Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
29th Jun 2016

We stayed in the 14 bed female only "oasis" part of the hostel and I loved it, every bunk had outlets and USB ports as well as a light and you were provided with a towel which was nice. Everything was clean except the bathroom downstairs by the common room that one was kind of gross but all other bathrooms upstairs by the dorms were super clean and got cleaned every morning at 6am it seemed. Although most of the reviews said this place was so loud our room was so quiet and we had no problem.

Hi there! Thank you for your kind words. We're glad to hear that enjoyed yourself while in London. We wish you the best during the rest of your travels, take care!

24th Jun 2016

This place was a great first stop. We made a lot of friends in the hostel and they set us up with plenty to do and see while we were there!

Hi there! Thank you for such an amazing review! We're glad to hear that you have enjoyed your time with us. Safe travels and take care!

17th Jun 2016
7.1

Burrough High street is loud, so definitely bring your earplugs for sleeping. The showers are in the same room as mirrors and sinks, so it gets a bit stuffy in there as you're trying to get ready. The front desk staff was really helpful and friendly, though

Hello thanks for your review. We've had a sit down with our housekeeping staff to talk about your concerns. Borough high street can get a bit noisy this is due to our central location with a bunch of the major sites in London right around the corner. We do however have free earplugs at our reception. Thank again for your feedback and the best of luck during the rest of your travels.

• USA, Female, 18-24
16th Jun 2016

My stay at St. Christopers - Oasis was very good. I was extremely happy with how clean the bathrooms, showers and bedrooms were! The location was great, very close to London Bridge and Borough underground stations with bus stop right in front of the location as well. I asked the staff questions on several occasions and they were very helpful and friendly every time! I also booked the Camden Pub Crawl and free city tour at reception which was nice to be able to do right there as I checked in.

Hi there! Thank you for such an awesome review. We're glad to hear that you made good use of the tours we sell from our reception. We'll make sure that your kind words are passed on to our staff. Take care!

• England, Female, 18-24
6th Jun 2016

This was my first visit to a hostel and I was a bit nervous. When I arrived the staff were super friendly and explained how it worked, where breakfast was, checkout times etc. The room was very clean and bed linen and a towel was provided. There were plenty of showers and toilets, and the chill out room was great to relax in. Good breakfast and great atmosphere I'm definitely a hostel convert and will choose a St Christopher's again!

Hiya. yeaaahh what a great review. This made my day. Please come visit us soon. Take care and safe travel ;0