St Christopher's Oasis Reviews

163 Borough High Street, SE1 1HR, Southwark, London, England

The hostel was nice, with good staff and a good location. The bathrooms were small and not all of them work, which made mornings longer having to wait for people everytime. The atmosphere was very teen friendly and party like. A good value for you money overall.

Hello thank you for your feedback. We will pass the kind words to our staff members. The Oasis is going through refurbishment with soon brand new showers , so if you give us another try in the future, I am sure you will be pleased. See you soon :)

Excelente place to stay, Thor only huge problem.. I stay es in a room facing the Main Street and the windows are really old and bad seal that's why if u don't bring ear plugs forget about a god night sleep I felt I didn't sleep at all because the street noise was so loud!! Apart from that everything was great even breakfast!

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. So glad to hear that you liked your stay. We apologize about the windows issue, we are currently going through a big refurbishment with new windows being on the top of the list. So we hope you will still come to visit us in the future. Take care and safe travel

The hostel was loud and had horrible accommodations in the room compared to my other St Christopher's stay in Paris. The bathrooms were never clean and some in the lobby just smelled like pee. Additionally, when trying to get help from people at the desk they were clueless. I will definitely never stay here again.

• 18th Apr 2015

Thanks for taking the time to leave us some comments about your stay! We are so sorry to hear we didn't win you over, our bathrooms are usually cleaned 3 times a day so we will pass the word to our housekeeping team but also please understand that while we try our best to keep our bathrooms clean there are hundreds of other guests that use them, so sometimes you get there before the cleaners do. Besides that I hope you enjoyed your stay in this wonderful city we call London! Happy travels

The value and location for this hostel couldn't be better, it's clean, good bar and very friendly staff. Has a more professional atmosphere then a friendly hostel one. Also charge for keeping bags after checkout which in not cool.

Hi there, thank you for your review. So glad you liked the location and the facilities. We will also tell our staff about you kind words. Take care ;)

St Christopher's has 3 buildings along the same road. I booked one of the buildings I like (The Oasis) but when I arrived they told me it was closed and I had to stay in another building (The Village). The Village didn't have the same facilities as the Oasis (towels or soap in the showers) which I had planned on. It would have been good if they had told me the Oasis was closed when I was booking. Another thing I don't like about St Christopher's is that you have to pay to leave your bag there.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are sorry some elements of your stay did not meet your expectations. Sometimes, due to rare and unforseen circumstances, we do ask our guests to stay at one of our properties. In these cases, our staff try to be as accommodating as possible and would have gladly tried to sort you out with a towel or other amenities. We do provide pin-code secured lockers, at a minimal fee, for maximum security. :) We do hope to see you back at the new Oasis!

I like The Oasis building but find it inconvenient that reception and breakfast are in another building down the road. I also wish there was a kitchen, a water machine and free bag storage.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. You'll be happy to know that the Oasis has now been moved to a separate wing in our main building; The Village. This means reception, breakfast, and the chill out room are just downstairs. While we don't have full kitchen, we do provide a microwave, kettle, and a 25% discount on all bar food at Belushi's. You can also grab water from the vending machine or bar! Our baggage storage is key-code operated, at a minimal fee, for maximum security. :)

Bathrooms in the Oasis Inn are horribly dirty. The cleaning doesn´t really worked out. The mattresses in the room were disgusting. Huge spots (of blood for example) . They just turned them over. The heating didn´t work. They put an electric heater in the room - although this is not enough for an 8 bed room! There were only about 6 power outlets, those didn´t even really work.

• 9th Mar 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are sorry some elements of your stay did not meet your expectations. You'll be happy to know that since we have moved our Oasis wing to our main building in the Village, we are performing upgrades to our toilet facilities and dorm rooms (which includes adding personal power points to each bed). We hope you will come back and give these new improvements a try! Until then, safe travels!

I think they should have a big clean-up in this place. There's mould in the bathrooms and genreally it's a tad messy in there. But overall, a good hostel in great location.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are currently in the midst of a refurbishment which includes a re-vamp of all of our toilet facilities and chill out room. We hope to you come back to check it out! Until then, safe travels!

It was a hostel and pretty alright - but a bit expensive, but that probably is due to the pound exchange rate. It would be really helpful if they highlight GO TO THE VILLAGE FIRST TO CHECK IN, - just make it really clear and repeat on emails and confirmation emails becuase it is a fair distance between the Village and the Oasis. the coupon for the breakfast was really great - I would recommend that for those who are staying there, the Belluchi's bar people were frinedly - overall, average.

• 6th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry there was a bit of confusion about where to check in. We'll certainly take your suggestions on board about making this distinction clearer. We are glad to hear you took advantage of our breakfasts and bars, and will be certain to pass on your kind words about our staff. Safe travels!

Very good location and awesome staffs. However lack of power point in the room and a living or chill out room would be nice.

• 13th Feb 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate the kind words about our staff and will be sure to pass them on. We are glad to let you know that we are currently refurbishing our hostel which includes adding personal power points to each bed. There is also a common room in the Village which all of our guests are welcome to use. :) We are glad you enjoyed your overall stay and hope to see you back again!

Great hostel - very good location, friendly staff, great breakfast! Recommendable!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and will be sure to pass on your kind words about our staff. We hope to see you back here soon!

The fact that one has to check in at another hostel far away from this one with a good location actually diminishes that perk, especially when you lug heavy luggage around. Plus, the luggage is hard to get upstairs, since the facility is tiny. The coziness would be endearing if the rooms were not overloaded with people so that they end up stuffy and smelly. Half the toilets did not work and the individual bed lights did not work either, thus waking up everybody when leaving early in the morning.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are sorry your stay was not all you expected. We understand how difficult it can be to take luggage up and down the stairs, however, at Oasis we try to offer seclusion from the noise and party atmosphere of the Village in order to provide a quieter stay, as well as catering to the preference of a female-only building. We are in the midst of renovating and hope you will give us the chance to pleasantly surprise you. Until then, safe travels!

Hot showers, warm beds, but lots of stairs and no elevator. One toilet (at least) didn't flush. But it was cheap and I felt safe while I was there. Only stayed for one night. The lockers in my room at the Oasis were big enough to fit a carry on suitcase and a backpack. Bring a padlock, but they will rent most anything out to you. I'm not sure if my adaptor didn't work, or if it was the outlets, but be aware. No glaring issues.

• 13th Jan 2015

Glad you enjoyed your stay at Oasis! Alas, we know all too well the annoyance of not having elevators :( but if you have heavy luggage our staff would be happy to help carry it! We try to keep on top of the maintenance in the hostel as much as possible and hope you weren't inconvenienced by the broken toilet :)

Excellent location and friendly staff, did have ongoing problems with the plumbing which meant we couldn't use the showers several times which was really inconvenient but management was kind enough to offer me a free nights stay in compensation. Free breakfast is good but the hostel doesn't have a kitchen which can be annoying if you're staying awhile.

Hello, thank you for your feedback. Sorry about the inconvenience we are currently fixing this problem. Great you liked our free breakfast , unfortunately we don't have a kitchen but a microwave is free to use in our common are . Take care ;;))

The staffs were very helpful and friendly

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Thailand

Hey thanks so much for the review and the kind words about the staf, we will make sure and pass them on ;) Please don't be a stranger, we would love to see you again. Take care and all the best on your onward travels!