St Christopher's Oasis Reviews

59 Borough High Street, London, England

Very good location and awesome staffs. However lack of power point in the room and a living or chill out room would be nice.

• 13th Feb 2015

Great hostel - very good location, friendly staff, great breakfast! Recommendable!

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Austria

The fact that one has to check in at another hostel far away from this one with a good location actually diminishes that perk, especially when you lug heavy luggage around. Plus, the luggage is hard to get upstairs, since the facility is tiny. The coziness would be endearing if the rooms were not overloaded with people so that they end up stuffy and smelly. Half the toilets did not work and the individual bed lights did not work either, thus waking up everybody when leaving early in the morning.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are sorry your stay was not all you expected. We understand how difficult it can be to take luggage up and down the stairs, however, at Oasis we try to offer seclusion from the noise and party atmosphere of the Village in order to provide a quieter stay, as well as catering to the preference of a female-only building. We are in the midst of renovating and hope you will give us the chance to pleasantly surprise you. Until then, safe travels!

Hot showers, warm beds, but lots of stairs and no elevator. One toilet (at least) didn't flush. But it was cheap and I felt safe while I was there. Only stayed for one night. The lockers in my room at the Oasis were big enough to fit a carry on suitcase and a backpack. Bring a padlock, but they will rent most anything out to you. I'm not sure if my adaptor didn't work, or if it was the outlets, but be aware. No glaring issues.

• 13th Jan 2015

Glad you enjoyed your stay at Oasis! Alas, we know all too well the annoyance of not having elevators :( but if you have heavy luggage our staff would be happy to help carry it! We try to keep on top of the maintenance in the hostel as much as possible and hope you weren't inconvenienced by the broken toilet :)

Excellent location and friendly staff, did have ongoing problems with the plumbing which meant we couldn't use the showers several times which was really inconvenient but management was kind enough to offer me a free nights stay in compensation. Free breakfast is good but the hostel doesn't have a kitchen which can be annoying if you're staying awhile.

Hello, thank you for your feedback. Sorry about the inconvenience we are currently fixing this problem. Great you liked our free breakfast , unfortunately we don't have a kitchen but a microwave is free to use in our common are . Take care ;;))

The staffs were very helpful and friendly

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Thailand

Hey thanks so much for the review and the kind words about the staf, we will make sure and pass them on ;) Please don't be a stranger, we would love to see you again. Take care and all the best on your onward travels!

I believe this hostel was the best for its price especially in a city like London where all the hostel prices are ridiculously high! The free breakfast was great, keycard access was needed for every building, but the biggest disappointment was that we had to pay for luggage storage. If a hostel has a check-in time that is 4pm the least they can do is offer a luggage storage room that is not 4 pound a bag or 3 pound for a tiny locker.

Hey thanks so much for the review, we would love to see you again! Also thank you for the kind words about the breakfast and the hostel itself, we will make sure and pass them on :) As for the luggauge storage before check-in and after check-out we do offer inexpensive luggage storage in our insured, secured, lockes which on average run £2 for a large locker for 12 hours. But during your reservation we offer lockers for you to use, free of charge, under your bed. Thanks again and dsfe travels.

I was not impressed by this hostel, especially compared to other St. Christopher's locations. The rooms were very run down and bed/storage lockers were very squeaky. Outside the room was very loud. Don't plan on staying here if you want a good rest.

Heya Thank-you for taking the time out to leave us some feedback about your stay. We're sorry to hear that some parts of your time here didn't quite live up to your expectations this time around. Being in such a central location it is sometimes hard to avoid the outside noise that comes with the area, it's a shame to hear that this was a problem for you and we do offer free earplugs at our reception to help anyone looking for rest, sleep a little easier!! We hope you enjoyed London, merry xmas:)

Stayed here on two separate occasions for two night each time. The room in my first two night had only 2 plugs for 8 people. The second two nights I stayed in a different room which was much more spacious, more sockets and a table and chair. One thing that saved the day for me, was the free shampoo/body wash and conditioner. I forgot my own. . The bar was also very nice. Good prices, good fun. As I was travelling on my own, I felt happy to meet nice people.

Heya!! Thankyou for taking time to let us know how your stay went! Stoked that we kept you coming back for more;) We're glad to hear to had such a nice time and that you met some great people! Our hostel is currently having a face-lift and not all the rooms have quite been reached but we're glad that you we're happy with your second visit:D!! We're here to make your stay as comfortable as possible so we're glad we kept you nice and clean during your visit:P See you for round 3;) Happy holidays

Stayed at the Oasis, and will definitely come again to stay when visiting London! Borough High Street might be a bit loud but that's just normal everywhere in London! You could even see the Shard from the window :)

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Finland

Heya! Wow what an ace review!! Thankyou for taking the time to share your experience with us! We're so happy to see you found us as great as we fond you! It's also nice to see you admiring our central location, but its hard to go wrong when your just minutes from arguably the most famous bridge in the world;);) We hope to have you back soon, Happy holidays!!

I had a pleasent stay at the Oasis. It's just not that convenient that the reception is a 5 min walk from the house in a different building. I had to check out early and there was no possibility of returning the keycard anywhere else but the reception so I had to go there with all of my bags and come back the whole way again to catch the underground. Breakfast is also in a totally different building inbetween the reception (village inn) house and the Oasis, but it's quite good.

Hey! Thankyou for taking the time out to leave us some feedback! We're sorry that having the reception in a different building threw you off a little bit, in order to fit all our guests we had to expand across 3 buildings (otherwise we would have exploded;) With your key we understand that no-one wants to walk out of their way early in the morning, which is why at the exit of the oasis their is a quick drop box so you can leave your key instead:) We're stoked all else was well and see you soon!

The only good thing about this place is location. Staff were abrupt & made me feel stupid for asking a question, you have to pay for security lockers when storing luggage and breakfast included a choice of bread or foul-looking museli. I stayed in the all-girls Oasis part of the hostel, and while the rooms were relatively clean, the window opened about 10cm and that's it - had to wedge open the door just to get some air. The showers were filthy & had ZERO pressure, just a dribble down the wall.

Heya! Thankyou for leaving us some feedback. We are so sorry to hear that some things were not quite up to standard during your stay with us, at breakfast it is hard to please everyone which is why we offer a wide variety of yogurt, muesli, fruits, cereals, plus breads and spreads of course;) In regards to staff that is not ok and we will make sure we find out more in regards to the issue, during our busy period sometimes we miss things so if you notice something wrong just let us know!! :):) xx