St Christopher's Oasis Reviews

59 Borough High Street, London, England

They never seemed to clean the room between check-outs and rarely if ever changed the sheets promptly. The system of assigning beds resulted in multiple instances of someone getting locked out of the room because the staff had assigned more than one person to the same bed. People often needed to switch beds after their first night; sheets would not be changed during this time. The rubbish bins in the toilets were overflowing with used pads and tampons and were not emptied upon complaint.

• 13th Jun 2014

Quite a decent place to stay in London. A stone's throw from the London Bridge underground station. The main hostel is a great place to hang out/eat/drink.

Loud at night because its right on a busy street. Only one shower stall per floor so you have to wait a while.

Grate place to stay in London!

Very good for the price. Clean, comfortable bed, nice breakfast, helpful and friendly staff. I would stay there again.

Is a good Hostel, roommates very respectful, very quiet zone, towells free, good bed, the bathrooms was very clean and have hairdrier, you can´t regulate the hot water in the showers, for me was very hot water, was a little unconfortable take a shower. I stayed in two hostel during the wekeend and I'll choose this to stay again...

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Venezuela

I had 2 probems in the 1st day: showers and wifi not working. In the 2nd day, shower was ok but wifi was still not working for 2-3 days. We could use wifi in another St Chritopher hostel in the same street, but still it is not practical. Both were quite good when started working. Great location, close to train stations (connecting to Gatwick), subway, etc. Absolutely clean! A very complete breakfast. They ask for the number of your credit card during check-in and I do not like it very much...

The wi-fi was broke and even after 4 days they didn't fix it. That's a shame! But overall our stay was good

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Belgium

This hostel is in a great location. It is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. They give you free toiletries, a towel, and use of a hair dryer.

Staff extremely friendly and welcoming

great hostel, cool ppl!

it was very noisy at night time, hard to get a good sleep the bathroom was old the water flow was short and the water not even hot

• 12th Jan 2014
  • Taiwan

Reception's about 200yds along the road. OK (ish) for check-in and -out, but not when the key doesn't work late at night and you have to trek down Borough High St. The shower wasn't clean and didn't work. No towel, tho promised. Bed-side lamps are plugged in to adapters - not sure how safe that is long term. Breakfast in the bar nr reception, but I wanted to get to work to use the shower, so was fed up by then, so didn't try breakfast. (Hot breakfast not available til after 9am) :(

• 19th Dec 2013

We stayed in the 8 bed female dorm at Oasis. Overall a very good experience. Was a bit pricey but for London that's to be expected! Our key cards both stopped working on our second to last day, and still wouldn't work after we walked down the road to the reception and back to the room which was frustrating. Breakfast wasn't anything to write home about but it was free which is always the main thing hey! The hostel was clean and staff were very friendly and the location was simply unbeatable.

• 4th Dec 2013

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to review us, we are really glad that you enjoyed your time with us. Apologies for the key cards, we do have the free phone for guests use in Oasis which connects straight to reception. The staff would have been happy to come to you with new key cards. We are lucky to be situated in a fantastic location! We hope to see you in the future Happy Travels The team at St Chris Village

Love that is so close to the tube station. Lovely breakfast. Hope to have more powerpoints in the room, the inconvenience is the checking in over at The Village.

Hi there, Thanks a lot for the review, its really appreciated. We are extremely lucky to be situated near the underground, with easy access to the main London attractions. Unfortunately the Oasis is too small to have a reception, staff are more than happy though to help guests along with their luggage should they require. Safe & Happy Travels The team at Village

Nice room had a little table and chairs and coat rack I was in 4 person room right on street so very loud with window open. Under bed lockers avail and free towel to use.

Hi Thanks for leaving us your feedback, it means a lot. We are really happy you found the facilities at Oasis satisfactory. We hope to see you again in the future at any of our St Christopher's Safe and happy travels

Before checking in, the staff who explain rules was kindful. But, when I checked in ,there was a unkindful staff. I couldn't understand well, she said " Can't you speak English?" So I said please say once again slowly. Then she looked angry and search for something through computer.A Printer didn't working, she beated the printer with annoy. I think If a guest couldn't understand, they do reception with favor. And the bed was dirty.Sewing was loose and there was BEDBUG!! I was bitten by bedbug.

Hello, Thankyou for your review, they help us a lot. Apologies for your experience at reception on check in, it would be helpful if you emailed us directly with details of staff member who behaved in this way and we will deal with the situation. We have had no complaints from any of our guests regarding bedbugs at Oasis, I am sure we would have, had there been an issue. The team St Christopher's

Overall excellent, efficient and well thought out facilities serving a busy large hostel. Water is hot, rooms are clean and everything runs smoothly. Front desk staff still manage to be lovely despite how busy it is. The only niggle would be that breakfast at St Christopher's Inn is not worth attending. I understand the Inn using cheap bulk products but it also ends too early (9am) and has no option to upgrade e.g. to a decent coffee or a boiled egg

Hi there, Thankyou for your review, we really appreciate them. Really delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, the staff will be happy to hear these comments! The Village does an awesome cooked breakfast for small charge after 9am should guests wish Happy Travels The team at Oasis

My only disappointment were food in your pub

Hi, Thankyou for your review, they help us out a lot. Apologies that the food was not to your satisfaction, we do cater for specific tastes. There are many other great restaurants and places to eat around London Bridge should you not care for our own menu. We hope to see you again in the future Happy, safe Travels

I tried to check in a night early- they didn't have a bed available- that was ok- however when I went to the address- I was then redirected via a sign to a different hostel to check in- this hostel was in a state of demolition- literally. After finding myself a different hostel, and subsequently cancelling my stay at St Christophers- I was charged for my first night DESPITE paying cancellation insurance. When I emailed to question this I got no reply.