St Christopher's Oasis Reviews

163 Borough High Street, SE1 1HR, Southwark, London, England

The only good thing about this place is location. Staff were abrupt & made me feel stupid for asking a question, you have to pay for security lockers when storing luggage and breakfast included a choice of bread or foul-looking museli. I stayed in the all-girls Oasis part of the hostel, and while the rooms were relatively clean, the window opened about 10cm and that's it - had to wedge open the door just to get some air. The showers were filthy & had ZERO pressure, just a dribble down the wall.

Heya! Thankyou for leaving us some feedback. We are so sorry to hear that some things were not quite up to standard during your stay with us, at breakfast it is hard to please everyone which is why we offer a wide variety of yogurt, muesli, fruits, cereals, plus breads and spreads of course;) In regards to staff that is not ok and we will make sure we find out more in regards to the issue, during our busy period sometimes we miss things so if you notice something wrong just let us know!! :):) xx

The hostel was very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My only disappointment was that luggage storage was only through paid lockers, but that may be standard for London. I would highly recommend this hostel!

Heya!! Thank-you for the kind words! We're stoked to hear our staff made you feel welcome in your home away from home during your stay:D:D Unfortunately due to the amount of people we have checking in and out everyday there just isn't enough room in our luggage room which is why we offer lockers to make sure people's valuables are kept safe whilst they explore this beautiful city!! We hope to have you back in the near future!! :):)

This was exactly the hostel I needed after a long month at the Fringe! A great place to get a good nights rest. Linens and towels were fresh, free toiletries and hair dryers were a plus. Also since it was all girls the rooms smelled so friendly and not of sweat. I will definitely stay here if I come back again.

Heya!! Yay! So glad to hear we hit the spot after your long adventure! We like to think we're a home away from home which is why its so important that y'all have everything you need whilst visiting us in London, so towels, toiletries and a decent breakfast are essentials;) We hope to have you back soon!!! :D Happy holidays

It was great staying in a much quieter hostel at the end of my trip. The only issue was that there was only one outlet in our room of 8 people and it was awkwardly placed behind someone's bed.

Heya!! Thankyou for the feedback:) We're glad that the Oasis was a nice quiet place for you to rest and reflect on no doubt what was an awesome adventure!! :D Our hostel is currently undergoing some renovations and unfortunately some of the rooms haven't quite been reached yet, we're sorry this affected you during your stay, but we're more than happy to see it didn't effect your wonderful time over this side of the world!! Hope to see you back! :)

The cleanliness was poor, especially at the bathrooms. They said they had laundry and computers, but both of them were not working, and I needed it. Breakfast is ok, but not much. When I arrived, I had to wait almost 25 minutes in the line to be attended.

Heya! Cheers for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We are sorry to hear that some aspects of your stay didn't quite live up to the usual St. Christopher's standard!! We have cleaners come in multiple times a day to make sure the place is spotless, so if it happens that you find a mess please let us know so we can sort it for you asap:) It is unfortunate you had to wait, but with hundreds of guests checking in its hard to avoid sometimes, we hope you enjoyed London nonetheless, happyxmas

The Oasis doesn´t live up to how it is described on the internet site. The text says that since the Oasis is only for women it`s clean and nice. I´m afraid I found the Oasis house quite worn and a bit dirty. The Village on the contrary was cleaner and nicer than I expected. It has got potential but The Oasis is in need of both tidying and a lot of nice, light paint .

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Finland

Hey! We are sorry to hear that you didn't quite have the experience either of us would have hoped at the Oasis! Sometimes with the amount of people using the bathrooms you make it to the mess before we do, we're sorry that this was the case for you, Next time please let us know and we will clean it right up!:):) As for your stay at the Village we're happy it was A-okay!! Thank-you for the suggestions too!! :D Happy holidays, and see you soon;)

Great location across from Borough Market and just down the street from the Tube stop and London Bridge. Wi-fi in the room can be spotty from time to time, and the password to log on is a bit of a nightmare to figure out the first time. Staff is very helpful, they know the city well, and were even kind enough to make a reservation at a local Indian restaurant when we inquired about good places to eat. The in-room lockers are large enough to fit just about any suitcase.

Thank-you for taking the time to let us know how your time with us was!! We're stoked to see you taking advantage of our central location, and the diverse range of food London has to offer:):) We're glad the staff were there to answer any questions you had, they take pride in living in this beautiful city! Make sure next time you take advantage of them, we make our password 1234 so that all guests can access it with ease, we will make sure to mention that next time;) Hope to see you soon!!

Almost Excellent:)Thx

• 30th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Thankyou for the feedback! challenge accepted for your next visit, we will make sure we get rid of that almost;) Happy holidays!!

Pros: great location. Busy hostel, great for meeting people. Seemed to be lots of single travelers. Bfast was good. Cons. Showers were busy and reception about a 5 to ten minute walk from the rooms. Would stay again!

Heya!! Cheers for the review! We love to learn how we can make your stay with us even better, so we're glad you let us know! We're sorry that on occasion our showers can be busy (smelly travellers taking advantage of the unlimited hot water;)) we are always working on improving our hostel to hopefully this will soon be an issue of the past! Happy to hear you enjoyed the free brekky and we are even happier to see you would choose us again! See you back here soon! Happy holidays :)

There was no kitchen. The room was hot. The shower room was dirty. The social area was boring and stuffy. There were signs here and there to warn guests there would be fine for things not properly done according to their rules, such as leaving the towel on the floor when leaving and using the extinguisher properly. Seriously? If there was a fire and I tried to save people but used the extinguisher inappropriately, you wouldn't have the heart to charge me 50 pounds, would you? That's just stingy!

Locker is not free

They never seemed to clean the room between check-outs and rarely if ever changed the sheets promptly. The system of assigning beds resulted in multiple instances of someone getting locked out of the room because the staff had assigned more than one person to the same bed. People often needed to switch beds after their first night; sheets would not be changed during this time. The rubbish bins in the toilets were overflowing with used pads and tampons and were not emptied upon complaint.

• 13th Jun 2014

Quite a decent place to stay in London. A stone's throw from the London Bridge underground station. The main hostel is a great place to hang out/eat/drink.

Loud at night because its right on a busy street. Only one shower stall per floor so you have to wait a while.

Grate place to stay in London!

Very good for the price. Clean, comfortable bed, nice breakfast, helpful and friendly staff. I would stay there again.

Is a good Hostel, roommates very respectful, very quiet zone, towells free, good bed, the bathrooms was very clean and have hairdrier, you can´t regulate the hot water in the showers, for me was very hot water, was a little unconfortable take a shower. I stayed in two hostel during the wekeend and I'll choose this to stay again...

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Venezuela

I had 2 probems in the 1st day: showers and wifi not working. In the 2nd day, shower was ok but wifi was still not working for 2-3 days. We could use wifi in another St Chritopher hostel in the same street, but still it is not practical. Both were quite good when started working. Great location, close to train stations (connecting to Gatwick), subway, etc. Absolutely clean! A very complete breakfast. They ask for the number of your credit card during check-in and I do not like it very much...

The wi-fi was broke and even after 4 days they didn't fix it. That's a shame! But overall our stay was good

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Belgium

This hostel is in a great location. It is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. They give you free toiletries, a towel, and use of a hair dryer.