St Christopher's Oasis Reviews

59 Borough High Street, London, England

Did not get the best feeling from the staff, especially the female desk worker. Everyone else in London seemed extra friendly except the hostel workers.

Good location, friendly staff, no lift, toilets may need to be cleaned a little more.

The counter staff gave us wrong keys, so we have to go to the village again. However he didn't say anything like sorry

Really helpful and friendly staff. Great location. The place is great for what you pay and at that location.

The Hostel is in a good location, in front of a subway station. But, there's not security. You have the card to unlock the doors, to access the rooms. About the cleaning, the corridors and other areas were cleaned, but the bathroom, the toilet needs some improvements.

excellent! really clean. though it's alittle bit unconvenient to eat breakfast. but free breakfast is really good value!!

Clean and great location. Unfortunate that reception, common room and breakfast was in a different building.

The Inn and Village are both party hostels with pubs in the ground floor. The all-female Oasis lives up to its name - pretty peaceful. I cannot say enough about the kindness and thoughtfulness of the staff. I got sick and ended in the hospital while I was there, and they went out of their way, refunding me the nights I was hospitalized (without my asking for it), watching after my luggage, making sure I was OK - they were great. I highly commend them.

The only setback was to have to carry a heavy luggage up to the highest floor in summer!:(

• 17th Jul 2013
  • Malaysia

oasis was a wonderful place to stay. extremely safe and secure. staff all very friendly. only problem was there was no temperature option in the showers so in the warm weather they were a bit too hot, but otherwise it was an amazing stay :)

• 12th Jul 2013

Hi There, Your reviews mean a great deal to us so thank you for taking the time to do so. We are really happy that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again at some point Safe and Happy Travels The Team At St Christopher's

We were a group of 4 and we liked the location. We also liked the fast internet connection. However: at night our dorm got so hot bc there were 8 girls sleeping in one room with just one window that opened only 10cm(legal restriction). We couldnt leave the door open bc the lights in the hallway couldnt be turned off. When we asked the staff to at least give us a fan they couldnt help us in any way. If ur ok with sleeping in sauna conditions and high noise level(!) Oasis is the place to be.

This hostel is part of the st. Christopher's village location but in a seperate building. The building is not very nice. The bathrooms and showers are sub par. Our room was decent but the facilities need to be better. The hallways a smells like noodles as its above a noodle house. The staff was nice, and the bar down the street was helpful. But overall below average.

Hello, Your feedback means a lot to us so thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Apologies if your stay with us was not what you had anticipated. Oasis guests are always welcome to use the facilities at the Village Safe and Happy Travels St Christopher's Team

oasis is a 3-block walk from reception, which made checking in and out with my baggage a mess. wifi was amazing, and staff was reasonably helpful despite their far location. beware, however: if you book a 2-bed room, you'll be put on the top floor where even the hallway is sweltering - slept in my undies and still couldn't escape the sweat.

Hello there, Thankyou for your feedback, its appreciated. Staff are always happy to help guests with their luggage at any time. Unfortunately it can get rather warm in the summer time and we had such amazing unexpected weather this year. We will be more prepared for next summer Safe and Happy Travels St Chris Team

Staff are really nice and helpful. Food and bar were great. the rooms were good value for money. One complaint though - the stairwell stank of urine, don't know if it was from the alley way or what but really needs to get sorted.

Hello there, Thankyou for you review, your feedback is important to us. Apologies for the awful smell, i can only imagine that the alleyway was used for something other than walking down that night. Our housekeepers work hard to keep Oasis looking and smelling nice so they will be horrified to hear this Safe and Happy Travels St Christopher's team

I only stayed here a night to be close to Liverpool station for my early morning train but it was a great place. It had really good vibes and had a bar and food which I would have checked out if I was staying longer. The rooms were big and so were the beds, very comfortable sleep. Bathrooms were good. Would recomend if you want to meet people and partay at the hostel rather than going out. Although the staff weren't very helpful but did their job

Great, safe location. Staff was very helpful and knowledgeable, especially late nights when we were looking for something to do. They also looked up how we could get back to the hostel using the night busses.

• 2nd Jun 2013

Hey there, Thanks for your review and the nice feedback on our great staff. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Oasis. We wish you all the best in future travels and hope to see you back soon. Thanks, St. Christopher's Team.

The 2-bed room was very small and the bunk was creaky, so if one person moved, the whole thing shook and made a lot of noise. There is a weird cage system for your stuff instead of a locker that requires your own padlock. The location was good and safe. I wish there was a common room for the oasis building - the only one was 3 long blocks away in another building, so not much socializing. Noisy with the windows open, ok when shut. Reception was fairly unhelpful but not too awful.

Really great hostel, we stayed in the all girls part so we had to walk about 2 blocks to check in and out and also to have breakfast. It wasn't too much of an inconvenience, but sometimes was very very cold haha. Staff were great and friendly and we could get around very easily. I would recommend staying closer to Oxford street, etc. if you want more of a party vibe.

Hey there, Thanks for your review and your nice feedback especially on our great staff. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Oasis. We think that our quiet Oasis has a great location for parties, especially since the famous Ministry of Sound club, where you also get discounts, is only a short walk down the street. Perfect to party hard and sleep easy. We wish you all the best in future travels and hope to see you back soon. Thanks, St. Christopher's Team.

My stay here was okay; but I didn't realize that virtually everything apart from your room is at the village. It's a significant walk if you just need to go there because they forgot to provide you with a towel or other little issues. Staff were very friendly however, and it's a great location!

Excellent location, great WiFi, only one thing that I can adjust the watertemperature for shower, I stay 4 nights, it was hot..cold..normal..hot.....

Hey there, Thanks for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Oasis. Sorry for the problems with the shower temperature. We are currently looking into getting temp controls for each shower, in the mean time please contact the 24hrs reception at any time if there are any problems. We wish you all the best in future travels and hope to see you back soon. Thanks, St. Christopher's Team.