St Christopher's Oasis Reviews

59 Borough High Street, London, England

I enjoyed the quiet of my room (except for a few people in the nearby room chatting early in the morning) and I found very cool and futuristic the magnetic key system of the doors and all inside spaces of the Village: even though you don't have a room but you still got your key, you can enter the common spaces and relax or just wait for your flight back home. I think the room and the toilets should be way more clean: the floor. PS. I hated the come and go from the Oasis to the Village!!!!!!

• 15th Feb 2013

Hi There! Thank You for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate every feedback. We are very sorry for the cleaning issues. We have addressed those issues and have spoken to all our housekeepers to make sure we will keep a high standard of cleaning. Unfortunately we are not able to fit a reception at the Oasis, but we do have courtesy phone on the second floor where guests can reach or 24/7 reception should there be any questions. Thanks again for your feedback. We wish you all the best for future travels and hope to see you back soon. St. Christopher's Team

I stayed in the oasis. While I loved the location and having an all female dorm, I didn't like that the entrance was in a very narrow alley. Also the toilets did not always have bathroom tissue and I would have to go to a different level to go to the bathroom. I loved the food deals they had and how great the staff was in terms of accommodating me. I would recommend staying on the third floor as the room was larger and there were more outlets for electronic devices.

Hi There! Thank You for taking the time to leave us with such positive feedback from your stay at The Oasis. We are very sorry that the toilet on your floor run out of tissues. Great to hear that you enjoyed our great food at the Belushi's bar and that you had a great costumer experience with all our staff. We wish you all the best for future travels and hope to see you back soon. Thanks, St. Christopher's Team

Oasis is a great hostel, located next to the London Bridge Underground Station so there's no problem to get anywhere in London. Borough Street is very busy, even at night, but it wasn't a problem at all! The hostel was clean, breakfast in the Village ok and the toiletries were a nice surprise ;)

• 10th Feb 2013
  • Poland

Hi There! Thank You for taking the time to leave us with such positive feedback from your stay at The Oasis. It's great to hear you enjoyed our facilities and location! We hope to see you again in London :) Thanks again, The St. Christopher's Team.

The best hostel I've stayed at! The room I was in had lots of space and ample power points (some reviews I had read had me concerned about that). Free breakfast and wifi were definite positives and the location is excellent: across the road from the Borough Markets and less than 100m from a tube station. Very comfortable and great value, I will definitely be recommending it and coming back!

• 1st Feb 2013

Hey There! Thank You for taking the time to leave us with such positive feedback! We're thrilled to hear you had a great & enjoyable stay with us in London, as we hope all guests do. We look forward to seeing you again :) Thanks again, The St. Christopher's Team.

Good breakfast. Rooms were clean, although not the bathrooms. Location: would have like it to be closer to the city center but at least it was next to a subway station.

Great place to have option to have a female hostel only. Yeah am most likely to come back.

Hi! Thank You for taking the time to leave us your feedback. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you next time your in London :) The St. Christopher's Team.

The location was great, near Borough Market and within walking distance of the Thames. The London Bridge tube station is not on the most convenient line, but the underground is very easy to use. The staff were nice, but not particularly knowledgeable. The ability to rent outlet adaptors was good, and the free wireless in the room was also a plus. Breakfast is pretty standard, toast and cereal, but the selection of jam/honey is better than I've seen at some places, & it was nice to have hot tea.

Hi There! Thank Your for taking the time to leave us with such positive feedback. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and made use of our location and facilities! We look forward to seeing you next time in London :) The St. Christopher's Team.

I have been at Oasis just 2 nights, in a dorm for female only and I think this is a good solution for girls and women who travel alone. I've been lucky because in the room there were nice people! Also, there was the opportunity to do a free walking tour leaving from the reception to the city center. Just few stops by underground from Buckingam Palace. There is a supermarket opposite the reception, internet access, a bar where you can meet a lot of people and so on. I really recommend this place!

• 15th Jan 2013

Hi! Thanks a lot for your nice review. We really appreciated the time you took to let us know your feedback. We are pleased to know that you had a great time with us and would recommend out hostel to other travellers. We hope you will come back the next time you are in town :) Cheers, St. Christopher's Oasis Team.

Good that hairdryers and towels are provided, and nice to be able to get a good nights sleep while being able to walk 2 minutes to the livlier hostel if you want. The rooms are spacious but have a dark and dreary feel, also they are right on the main road so there is a lot of street noise. Showers are a bit hit and miss!

Hi! Thank You for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate all feedback as it can only help us to improve! We are sorry to hear you found it to be a bit noisy at times, unfortunately given our location it can occasionally be loud at night, to assist with this we do offer free ear plugs from our 24hr reception at The Village. It is great to hear however that you enjoyed and made use of all our facilities and location, as we only hope all guests do! Thanks again, Hope to see you next time in London! The St. Christopher's Team.

The location of the hostel is excellent. It's minutes away from the tube and very convenient bus routes. The hostel itself is nice, the fact that check-in must be done elsewhere is a bit of a pain. The biggest downside to the Oasis is that there isn't a common room and that each bed does not have an individual lamp. Also, the hostel does not have a fridge or microwave for guests because it's their way of encouraging guests to eat at the conjoined restaurant. I would recommend this hostel.

Hi. Thanks for your feedback. We're glad to know you enjoyed your stay and would recommend our hostel. :) As you pointed out in your comment there are no facilities in the Oasis except for the rooms and the bathrooms. They are located at the Village, where reception is located as well, just 5 minutes walk fro the Oasis. We do have a microwave for our guests along with a kettle, plastic cutlery, plates, napkins and free coffee, tea and sugar in the common room located at the Village. We do not have a kitchen since being a party hostel we think it is unsafe for our guests. We offer a discount of 25% to our guests on food and a reduced price on the daily special in out attached bar, Belushis. We look forward to have you here again. Cheers, St. Christopher's Oasis Team.

Quite a comfortable stay (quiet, if you need some sleep, and with opportunities for more active rest in the main buiding). However 1. for breakfast you'll have to walk for 5 min down the street to another building (it didn't bother me much, actually), 2. they don't have lockers with digital locks / electronic keys, you'll have to use your own locks.On the whole, should say thanks to staff both of the hostel itself and the bar (in the main buiding)!

I am a single female traveler, and I was really impressed with the Oasis. Location is perfect, so close to the tube station, the room (I was in an 8 bed dorm) was great and the bathrooms were clean. The only downside is there are lots of stairs which is a pain if you have a heavy suitcase! Happy to recommend this hostel.

Hi! Thanks a lot for your feedback. We really appreciated the time you took to fill this out. We are more than happy to see that you were 100% satisfied with our hostel. Do not hesitate to come back, we look forward to having you here again :) St. Christopher's Oasis Team.

One of the nicest beds I've slept in in a hostel! Female-only so all the residents were really quiet, could really get some good rest here. It is right next to London Bridge underground station and across from Borough Market so the location is great as well. Came with free towels and toiletries. There was only one shower for our floor (2 rooms, so I'm assuming 12-16 beds) which was a bit inconvenient; the water wasn't really hot and the water pressure was weak. Heater in our room didn't work.

Hi! Thanks for your feedback. We're glad to know that your stay with us was enjoyable and that you could rest well. Sorry if you had issues with our shower facilities, there are multiple showers in the Oasis located on the other floors in case the one next to your room is being used. During your stay unfortunately we experienced some issues with the temperature of the water that were fixed by our maintenance team in a short time. Sorry if the heater in your room wasn't working. Have you reported it to our staff who is always ready and willing to help? Please come back next time you are in London :) Cheers, St. Christopher's Oasis Team.

Excellent location for anyone who wants to go sightseeing or shopping - underground is just around the corner. Staff is always helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend it, especially for solo female travelers.

Hi! Thanks for your lovely review. We're happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we would be delighted to have your here again next time :) St. Christopher's Village Team.

in my towels there was hair (it was not from me) . but i liked your hostel, especially the beds !

• 14th Dec 2012
  • Austria

Hi! Thanks for the feedback. We really appreciate the time you took to let us know your opinion about your experience with us. We're glad you liked our hostel and had a good time. Sorry for the towel, have you reported it to our reception staff? We would have substituted your with a new one. Don't hesitate to come back next time you are in London. St. Christopher's Village Team.

Everything was perfect except the room where I spent couple of nights. We didn´t have a hot water for one day, when they fixed it, the sound of flowing water when somebody had a shower, was really annoying. In our room was the main source of water tubes of whole hostel and it was happening whole night and every night. Even ear plugs didn´t help. But I´d like to come back if I have another room. I was happy to spend there my days off because of location, facilities and price....

• 6th Dec 2012
  • Slovakia

Hi! Thanks for your review and the time you took to write it. We always try to improve the service we offer and our costumers' opinions are very important for us since they show us our good qualities and our faults as well. Sorry if the noise made your stay not as comfortable as it should have been. We are aware of the problem and we're working on it to assure our guests an enjoyable stay. We look forward to seeing you again, St. Christopher's Village Team.

This was a great place to stay as a solo female traveler. The rooms were clean and safe large lockers for your things. I would stay here again!

Hey there, thanks for staying with St. Christopher's Oasis! Great to hear you enjoyed your stay and had a great time at the Oasis. Looking forward to see you soon again. All the best in future travels. St. Christopher's team.

Well, I liked the hostel, it was what I needed. The only thing is, is that I bookt for a only girls roomN and thats not what I got! Don't get me wrong there were nice people, but a lot of men. Thats it.

• 10th Nov 2012

Hey there, thanks for staying with St. Christopher's Oasis! We are glad to hear our Oasis had everything you were looking for in a hostel :) The Oasis is a female only hostel and the only men allowed in there is staff like the Hostel Manager which does a hostel check every day to make sure everything is working and clean. We always advise our guests to use the courtesy phone to call our 24hr reception in case of any questions. Thanks again for your feedback. Hope to see you soon again. All the best in future travels. St. Christopher's team.

Excellent location, friendly staff. On last day, there was no wifi, otherwise it is nice place for young people.

Hey there, thanks for staying with St. Christopher's Oasis! Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Sorry that the wifi didn't work on the last day, unfortunately we had problems with our provider which are all fixed now. Looking forward to see you soon again. All the best in future travels. St. Christopher's team.

I was very disappointed with this hostel. The first night we arrived, the card key they gave me was not working and so I had to walk back to their receptionist building (5 minutes down the street) to change a new one, only to find that the new one did not work as well. I finally got a new key after ringing the receptionist. The bed that my sister and I got (room 7 bed A and B) were next to small door which made buzzing sound the whole night. Lockers were all full and breakfast staff were rude.

• 8th Nov 2012
  • Indonesia

Hey. Thank you very much for your feedback. We are sorry for the key card problems. We do have a phone at the Oasis, connected to our 24hrs reception which is always more then happy to come to the Oasis, rather then guests walking back and forth. I am very sorry for your bad costumer service experience. I will contact you via email to find more out about it, as costumer service is very important to us. Thanks again for taking the time to right a review. We wish you all the best for future travels. St. Christopher's Team