St Christopher's Oasis Reviews

59 Borough High Street, London, England

Staff was very friendly

St. Christopher's was a really nice value, and I felt very safe and comfortable staying there. The location wasn't stellar I suppose, but London's so big, it wasn't too far from big hot spots.

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time and leaving us your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a good time. Sorry you didn't think our location is that great. With sights like Tower Bridge, Tower of London, The Globe, Tate Modern, Westminster Abby, Big Ben, St Paul's, etc.. all within a 10min walking distance, we think our location is actually pretty good :) We hope to see you back soon and wish you all the best for future travels. Thanks again, St. Christopher's Team

I stayed at the oasis which is away from the village and the reception. It was quieter here and cleaner as well. A lot of the staff are really nice, and I didn't have a problem with any of them. There is one worker named Patrick (some Asian guy) who wasn't really helpful when I asked for suggestions to go to places to go out other than the bar that's located in the hostel. he was also not helpful about free luggage storage though he offered it to a different group right before.

A bit noisy as in London always. Toilets were blocked most of the time we were there, so that wasnt very nice. Security didnt work very fluently, because the reception was in the other building anyone could walk in. So there were visitors whole time.

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time and leaving us your feedback. Sorry for the problem with the blocked toilet on your floor. We clean our washing facilities 3 times a day and also advise all our guests to contact our 24/7 reception if there are any sort of issues so we can fix it right a way. As for the security, we are using magnetic key cards on all of our doors. This means only guests with a booking and a key card can enter the hostel and then the room. Each card is assigned to a room and a bed so guests can't go in any other rooms. Most of our female staff is living at the Oasis is well and we also have the landlord checking the property on a regular basis. Sorry for the confusion. We hope you had a great time in London and wish you back soon :) Thanks, St Christopher's Team

Everything about this hostel was pretty average. The beds were good enough although the pillows were pretty terrible (flat--NOT fluffy). The bathroom was cleaned daily (I think) but it didn't feel that clean to me.

• 13th Mar 2013

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time and leaving us your feedback. We had a look at the pillows and changed all flat pillows with new ones :) You are right, we do clean our bathrooms three times a day, but we also encourage our guests to inform our 24/7 reception about any issues so we can take care of it asap. We hope you had a great time in London and that you will be back soon. Thanks again, St Christopher's Team

an awesome hostel!!!! Everything was very clean.....you actually saw people cleaning the WC and showers daily, most days they came more than once. rooms were a bit small, but had good heating and ventilation, which is good when you have a lot of people. breakfast was good, some of the coffee mugs were dirty, but were happy to give you takeaway cups. Location was excellent, being separate from reception so you slept well in a quiet but still had access to common area. Staff gave great advice!

• 13th Mar 2013

Hey there!! Thanks for your great feedback. We are glad to hear you had such a great time at the Oasis. Come back soon :) Thanks St Christopher's Team

I was not impressed by the one member of staff that thought it was a good idea to move me out of my room on my last night just to accommodate 2 girls that wanted to be together. I had booked 3 weeks ago for 5 nights In the same room and was horrified when I got back from work at 20:30pm in the night to see a note on the door telling me that I need to be out the room and that I have been moved straight away, I was given no notice at all that I was to change rooms..... Normally I am treated quiet

This is a fantastic hostel in an amazing location! Anyone who stays here should take advantage of being within a couple minutes' walk of Borough Market. It's great to be right next to an Underground station, as well. The staff here are knowledgeable about the area, friendly, and extremely helpful, they even called me a cab when I had to leave at 6 in the morning. The only tiny complaint I had is that the showers get way too hot and you can't make the temperature of the water any cooler.

Hey there! Thanks for your great feedback :) It's great to hear that you had such a good time staying with us and got to enjoy your days in London. We had a look at the showers and we adjusted the temperature to make sure it is not too hot anymore. Thanks again. We wish you all the best and hope to see you back soon. St Christopher's Team

Great location. Great option for female travelers. However there was no hot water when we tried to shower. Friendly staff, good breakfast.

• 27th Feb 2013

Hey there! Thanks for the feedback! We're glad that we were able to meet your traveling needs. Unfortunately, there was no hot water for two hours during your stay due to a maintenance repair in our boiler system. We have fixed the problem however! We hope to see you again soon! St. Christopher's Team

good aspects first: good location for visiting London, by being next to the London Bridge subway station and in front of Borough Market. NoYou will need to use public transport (very expensive in london) for all visits. . I stayed at the Oasis, the female dorm and it was well-secured.Staff is unfriendly,in oasis no common spaces, christopher inns is 500 mt away,no facilities at all.no hot water,male cleaner came into female toilets without knocking nor presenting himself.Overall BAD BAD hostel

Friendly staff, clean, and safe. Would recommend to others. Loved the free breakfast in the morning!

• 22nd Feb 2013

Hey there! Thanks for your positive feedback :) We're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will let the staff know about the great job they're doing! Come back soon! Cheers! St Christopher's Team

The beds come pre-made, which is a huge plus for those arriving late in the evening. A rent-free towel and complimentary shampoo/lotion/soap were a nice touch, too.

Hey there! Thanks for your feedback! We're happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and how you took notice of the little things such as the pre-made beds and the complimentary toiletries. Hope to see you again soon! Cheers, Patrick

It was very exciting time to stay in the Hostel. Thank you very much.

• 20th Feb 2013

Hey There! Thank You for taking the time to leave us with such positive feedback! We're thrilled to hear you had a great & enjoyable stay with us in London, as we hope all guests do. We look forward to seeing you again :) Thanks again, The St. Christopher's Team.

I enjoyed the quiet of my room (except for a few people in the nearby room chatting early in the morning) and I found very cool and futuristic the magnetic key system of the doors and all inside spaces of the Village: even though you don't have a room but you still got your key, you can enter the common spaces and relax or just wait for your flight back home. I think the room and the toilets should be way more clean: the floor. PS. I hated the come and go from the Oasis to the Village!!!!!!

• 15th Feb 2013

Hi There! Thank You for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate every feedback. We are very sorry for the cleaning issues. We have addressed those issues and have spoken to all our housekeepers to make sure we will keep a high standard of cleaning. Unfortunately we are not able to fit a reception at the Oasis, but we do have courtesy phone on the second floor where guests can reach or 24/7 reception should there be any questions. Thanks again for your feedback. We wish you all the best for future travels and hope to see you back soon. St. Christopher's Team

I stayed in the oasis. While I loved the location and having an all female dorm, I didn't like that the entrance was in a very narrow alley. Also the toilets did not always have bathroom tissue and I would have to go to a different level to go to the bathroom. I loved the food deals they had and how great the staff was in terms of accommodating me. I would recommend staying on the third floor as the room was larger and there were more outlets for electronic devices.

Hi There! Thank You for taking the time to leave us with such positive feedback from your stay at The Oasis. We are very sorry that the toilet on your floor run out of tissues. Great to hear that you enjoyed our great food at the Belushi's bar and that you had a great costumer experience with all our staff. We wish you all the best for future travels and hope to see you back soon. Thanks, St. Christopher's Team

Oasis is a great hostel, located next to the London Bridge Underground Station so there's no problem to get anywhere in London. Borough Street is very busy, even at night, but it wasn't a problem at all! The hostel was clean, breakfast in the Village ok and the toiletries were a nice surprise ;)

• 10th Feb 2013
  • Poland

Hi There! Thank You for taking the time to leave us with such positive feedback from your stay at The Oasis. It's great to hear you enjoyed our facilities and location! We hope to see you again in London :) Thanks again, The St. Christopher's Team.

The best hostel I've stayed at! The room I was in had lots of space and ample power points (some reviews I had read had me concerned about that). Free breakfast and wifi were definite positives and the location is excellent: across the road from the Borough Markets and less than 100m from a tube station. Very comfortable and great value, I will definitely be recommending it and coming back!

• 1st Feb 2013

Good breakfast. Rooms were clean, although not the bathrooms. Location: would have like it to be closer to the city center but at least it was next to a subway station.

Great place to have option to have a female hostel only. Yeah am most likely to come back.

Hi! Thank You for taking the time to leave us your feedback. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you next time your in London :) The St. Christopher's Team.

The location was great, near Borough Market and within walking distance of the Thames. The London Bridge tube station is not on the most convenient line, but the underground is very easy to use. The staff were nice, but not particularly knowledgeable. The ability to rent outlet adaptors was good, and the free wireless in the room was also a plus. Breakfast is pretty standard, toast and cereal, but the selection of jam/honey is better than I've seen at some places, & it was nice to have hot tea.

Hi There! Thank Your for taking the time to leave us with such positive feedback. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and made use of our location and facilities! We look forward to seeing you next time in London :) The St. Christopher's Team.