St Christopher's Oasis Reviews

59 Borough High Street, London, England

Staff were great. It is a 5 min walk to get to any of the services though and it was supposed be cleaner and in better condition than the other hostels along with quieter so you pay extra and it was none of those things.

Hey there, Thanks for your feedback. Sorry that you didn\'t find our hostel as clean as it should have been. We clean our facilities several times a day and we also have a 24hr reception which is more then happy to resolve any issues right away. We also have a courtesy phone at the Oasis which is connected to the reception, in case you have any questions and don\'t want to walk down the street. We wish you all the best in future travels and hope to see you back soon. Thanks

I thought that the location of the hostel was amazing, so close to everything interesting, yet not close enough to affect the prices of the hotel, as well as the surrounding (shops, cafes, etc.). The staff and the security was good, nothing to complain about. My only "but" is the facilities in the hostel - everything was fairly clean, yet because all of the facilities were pretty dated, they seemed very "used", so even with the cleaning effort of the staff, the hostel still seems kind of dirty.

Hey there, Thanks for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Oasis. Thanks for your feedback on our facilities. We do clean all our facilities several times a day to keep them as clean as possible. We are currently looking into renovating the whole building. We wish you all the best in future travels and hope to see you back soon. Thanks, St. Christopher's Team.

Pros - 8bed dorm is spacious & has a comfy bed. Cages for luggage is handy! There were 2 showers & 3 toilets on our floor which were adequate. No problem with wifi. Cons - If all you want is to shower & sleep this is good. However, if you want to do anything else, e.g. eat, heat up food, sit & chat with other travelers - no can do - building doesn't have a common room. No elevator - 3rd floor with luggage is a long way up! Staff are not helpful & breakfast is served a few blocks down the street.

• 2nd May 2013

Hey there, Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately we are not able to fit a common area at the Oasis. But we also think that it is more fun to meet more travelers at the main hostel, as the Oasis is a rather small and quiet hostel. All our staff is always more then happy to help with luggage as soon as they have time to leave the reception. We wish you all the best in future travels and hope to see you back soon. Thanks, St. Christopher's Team

stayed in women's dorm down the street from main dorm. Up four flights of narrow steps, no fire escape route other than the narrow steps. Felt like I was in a fire trap. Also and this is the biggie, the phone that connected this off shoot of a dorm wasn't up and running. So any problems, had to be dealt with four flights of stairs and a hike down the several blocks to the main dorm. FIX THE BLASTED PHONE FOLKS. Also staff although extremely nice didn't have knowledge about area's transportation.

Hey there, Thanks for taking the time and leaving us your feedback. Sorry that you think that the main hostel, which is a 2min walk down the street, is too far off. We also wish we could combine both locations, but we unfortunately can't. The courtesy phone is now fixed again. Our hostel is approved by an official fire inspector and meets all fire safety regulations. We wish you all the best in future travels and hope to see you back soon. Thanks again, St. Christopher's Team.

This place was clean and well-located. However, it is VERY noisy since it is on a major street leading to London Bridge and Borough stations. It was tough for me to sleep the night I stayed but the bed was comfortable, at least.

• 29th Apr 2013

Hey there, Thank you for your awesome feedback! We're happy that you enjoyed your time here. Being in the heart of London does have a few "pleasant" drawbacks such as hearing the liveliness of the city. That said, your comfort is still our main objective. Next time you're here do let us know and we can allocate you to room farther away from the city streets :) Thanks again!

About cleanliness you can be better especialy at showers.

• 25th Apr 2013
  • Romania

Hey there, Thank you for your feedback! However, we do have round-the-clock cleaners committed to the cleanliness of the hostel. Was there anything in specific you found unimpressive? Many thanks!

We really enjoyed our stay a lot. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms and facilities have been incredibly clean! Towels, Hair dryer and shampoo were provided - awesome!! It was a bit loud due to the big street, but that's what you expect when you have a hostel in central London! I would definitly recommend staying in St.Christophers!!

Hey there, Thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that you found our staff friendly and our facilities awesome. Being in central London does have, what we call, "pleasant disadvantages"; hearing the liveliness of the city is all part of its charm. We do have rooms farther away from the city streets however. Hope we see you again very soon! Many thanks : )

The Oasis is good and quiet. The main hangout area, microwave, bar and lobby are all located in a separate building a couple minutes walk down the road so if you are looking for a hangout space nearby its not the right hostel. The Oasis is quiet and safe and right next to the underground. There was also wifi and locker storage in the bedroom.

Hey there, Thanks for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Oasis. We wish you all the best in future travels and hope to see you back soon. Thanks, St. Christopher's Team.

Would be good to include a map and directions on how to get to the hostel. People who aren't good with directions will need to spend more time walking and finding the place. Hot showers are great. Towels, shower gels and conditoning shampoos were provided complimentary, which i like very much. Would recommend females to stay there as it is quite safe.

Hey there, Thanks for your nice feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Oasis. We normally have small maps for the oasis, but unfortunately were out of them during your stay. Sorry for the inconvenience. We wish you all the best in future travels and hope to see you back soon. Thanks, St. Christopher's Team.

An awesome place that I'll recommend to my friends and stay at if I go to London again.

• 11th Apr 2013
  • Croatia

Hey there, Thanks for the positive feedback! We're glad that you've enjoyed your stay and we look forward to see you again when you're back in London. Your recommendation is much appreciated as well. See you soon! St. Christopher's Team

The hostel is really nice...near the subway station! the staff gives you all the information about maps and places to go!

Staff was very friendly

St. Christopher's was a really nice value, and I felt very safe and comfortable staying there. The location wasn't stellar I suppose, but London's so big, it wasn't too far from big hot spots.

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time and leaving us your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a good time. Sorry you didn't think our location is that great. With sights like Tower Bridge, Tower of London, The Globe, Tate Modern, Westminster Abby, Big Ben, St Paul's, etc.. all within a 10min walking distance, we think our location is actually pretty good :) We hope to see you back soon and wish you all the best for future travels. Thanks again, St. Christopher's Team

I stayed at the oasis which is away from the village and the reception. It was quieter here and cleaner as well. A lot of the staff are really nice, and I didn't have a problem with any of them. There is one worker named Patrick (some Asian guy) who wasn't really helpful when I asked for suggestions to go to places to go out other than the bar that's located in the hostel. he was also not helpful about free luggage storage though he offered it to a different group right before.

A bit noisy as in London always. Toilets were blocked most of the time we were there, so that wasnt very nice. Security didnt work very fluently, because the reception was in the other building anyone could walk in. So there were visitors whole time.

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time and leaving us your feedback. Sorry for the problem with the blocked toilet on your floor. We clean our washing facilities 3 times a day and also advise all our guests to contact our 24/7 reception if there are any sort of issues so we can fix it right a way. As for the security, we are using magnetic key cards on all of our doors. This means only guests with a booking and a key card can enter the hostel and then the room. Each card is assigned to a room and a bed so guests can't go in any other rooms. Most of our female staff is living at the Oasis is well and we also have the landlord checking the property on a regular basis. Sorry for the confusion. We hope you had a great time in London and wish you back soon :) Thanks, St Christopher's Team

Everything about this hostel was pretty average. The beds were good enough although the pillows were pretty terrible (flat--NOT fluffy). The bathroom was cleaned daily (I think) but it didn't feel that clean to me.

• 13th Mar 2013

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time and leaving us your feedback. We had a look at the pillows and changed all flat pillows with new ones :) You are right, we do clean our bathrooms three times a day, but we also encourage our guests to inform our 24/7 reception about any issues so we can take care of it asap. We hope you had a great time in London and that you will be back soon. Thanks again, St Christopher's Team

an awesome hostel!!!! Everything was very clean.....you actually saw people cleaning the WC and showers daily, most days they came more than once. rooms were a bit small, but had good heating and ventilation, which is good when you have a lot of people. breakfast was good, some of the coffee mugs were dirty, but were happy to give you takeaway cups. Location was excellent, being separate from reception so you slept well in a quiet but still had access to common area. Staff gave great advice!

• 13th Mar 2013

Hey there!! Thanks for your great feedback. We are glad to hear you had such a great time at the Oasis. Come back soon :) Thanks St Christopher's Team

I was not impressed by the one member of staff that thought it was a good idea to move me out of my room on my last night just to accommodate 2 girls that wanted to be together. I had booked 3 weeks ago for 5 nights In the same room and was horrified when I got back from work at 20:30pm in the night to see a note on the door telling me that I need to be out the room and that I have been moved straight away, I was given no notice at all that I was to change rooms..... Normally I am treated quiet

This is a fantastic hostel in an amazing location! Anyone who stays here should take advantage of being within a couple minutes' walk of Borough Market. It's great to be right next to an Underground station, as well. The staff here are knowledgeable about the area, friendly, and extremely helpful, they even called me a cab when I had to leave at 6 in the morning. The only tiny complaint I had is that the showers get way too hot and you can't make the temperature of the water any cooler.

Hey there! Thanks for your great feedback :) It's great to hear that you had such a good time staying with us and got to enjoy your days in London. We had a look at the showers and we adjusted the temperature to make sure it is not too hot anymore. Thanks again. We wish you all the best and hope to see you back soon. St Christopher's Team

Great location. Great option for female travelers. However there was no hot water when we tried to shower. Friendly staff, good breakfast.

• 27th Feb 2013

Hey there! Thanks for the feedback! We're glad that we were able to meet your traveling needs. Unfortunately, there was no hot water for two hours during your stay due to a maintenance repair in our boiler system. We have fixed the problem however! We hope to see you again soon! St. Christopher's Team