St Christopher's Oasis Reviews

59 Borough High Street, London, England

Stayed here on two separate occasions for two night each time. The room in my first two night had only 2 plugs for 8 people. The second two nights I stayed in a different room which was much more spacious, more sockets and a table and chair. One thing that saved the day for me, was the free shampoo/body wash and conditioner. I forgot my own. . The bar was also very nice. Good prices, good fun. As I was travelling on my own, I felt happy to meet nice people.

Hostel is situated outside the city center (20mins walk) which is maybe the biggest minus point. Or that they charge for wifi (come on guys, who's charging nowadays for this?!!) On the other hand it's very quiet and they have a huge welcome area/ restaurant. Not suitable for single travellers, only place you may get to know people is the self-catering kitchen. Felt more like a hotel than a hostel. Good for families I guess... they serve food at the bar which is convenient.

Stayed at the Oasis, and will definitely come again to stay when visiting London! Borough High Street might be a bit loud but that's just normal everywhere in London! You could even see the Shard from the window :)

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Finland

I had a pleasent stay at the Oasis. It's just not that convenient that the reception is a 5 min walk from the house in a different building. I had to check out early and there was no possibility of returning the keycard anywhere else but the reception so I had to go there with all of my bags and come back the whole way again to catch the underground. Breakfast is also in a totally different building inbetween the reception (village inn) house and the Oasis, but it's quite good.

The only good thing about this place is location. Staff were abrupt & made me feel stupid for asking a question, you have to pay for security lockers when storing luggage and breakfast included a choice of bread or foul-looking museli. I stayed in the all-girls Oasis part of the hostel, and while the rooms were relatively clean, the window opened about 10cm and that's it - had to wedge open the door just to get some air. The showers were filthy & had ZERO pressure, just a dribble down the wall.

The hostel was very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My only disappointment was that luggage storage was only through paid lockers, but that may be standard for London. I would highly recommend this hostel!

This was exactly the hostel I needed after a long month at the Fringe! A great place to get a good nights rest. Linens and towels were fresh, free toiletries and hair dryers were a plus. Also since it was all girls the rooms smelled so friendly and not of sweat. I will definitely stay here if I come back again.

It was great staying in a much quieter hostel at the end of my trip. The only issue was that there was only one outlet in our room of 8 people and it was awkwardly placed behind someone's bed.

The cleanliness was poor, especially at the bathrooms. They said they had laundry and computers, but both of them were not working, and I needed it. Breakfast is ok, but not much. When I arrived, I had to wait almost 25 minutes in the line to be attended.

La calle donde se encuentra el hostal es muy transitada a todas horas del día, hay mucho ruido por las noches y es difícil dormir. Desde qué llegamos había un baño sucio y tapado, estuvimos ahí tres noches, el día que nos fuimos el baño seguía igual! Nadie asea los baños ni pasillos ni escaleras. El staff es muy amable y siempre dispuestos a ayudar.

The Oasis doesn´t live up to how it is described on the internet site. The text says that since the Oasis is only for women it`s clean and nice. I´m afraid I found the Oasis house quite worn and a bit dirty. The Village on the contrary was cleaner and nicer than I expected. It has got potential but The Oasis is in need of both tidying and a lot of nice, light paint .

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Finland

Great location across from Borough Market and just down the street from the Tube stop and London Bridge. Wi-fi in the room can be spotty from time to time, and the password to log on is a bit of a nightmare to figure out the first time. Staff is very helpful, they know the city well, and were even kind enough to make a reservation at a local Indian restaurant when we inquired about good places to eat. The in-room lockers are large enough to fit just about any suitcase.

Almost Excellent:)Thx

• 30th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Pros: great location. Busy hostel, great for meeting people. Seemed to be lots of single travelers. Bfast was good. Cons. Showers were busy and reception about a 5 to ten minute walk from the rooms. Would stay again!

There was no kitchen. The room was hot. The shower room was dirty. The social area was boring and stuffy. There were signs here and there to warn guests there would be fine for things not properly done according to their rules, such as leaving the towel on the floor when leaving and using the extinguisher properly. Seriously? If there was a fire and I tried to save people but used the extinguisher inappropriately, you wouldn't have the heart to charge me 50 pounds, would you? That's just stingy!

Locker is not free

They never seemed to clean the room between check-outs and rarely if ever changed the sheets promptly. The system of assigning beds resulted in multiple instances of someone getting locked out of the room because the staff had assigned more than one person to the same bed. People often needed to switch beds after their first night; sheets would not be changed during this time. The rubbish bins in the toilets were overflowing with used pads and tampons and were not emptied upon complaint.

• 13th Jun 2014

Quite a decent place to stay in London. A stone's throw from the London Bridge underground station. The main hostel is a great place to hang out/eat/drink.