St Christopher's Oasis Reviews

59 Borough High Street, London, England

merci bcp , j'ai passer trois nuit au top pour une auberge de jeunesse, merci pour le pti dej, les serviettes/gel douche/shampoin/creme hydratante à disposition. merci de nous avoir laisser dormir après 10h du mat ^^. Merci au personnel qui a été très accueillant !! je reviendrai sans hesitation

• 9th Dec 2014

I believe this hostel was the best for its price especially in a city like London where all the hostel prices are ridiculously high! The free breakfast was great, keycard access was needed for every building, but the biggest disappointment was that we had to pay for luggage storage. If a hostel has a check-in time that is 4pm the least they can do is offer a luggage storage room that is not 4 pound a bag or 3 pound for a tiny locker.

Hey thanks so much for the review, we would love to see you again! Also thank you for the kind words about the breakfast and the hostel itself, we will make sure and pass them on :) As for the luggauge storage before check-in and after check-out we do offer inexpensive luggage storage in our insured, secured, lockes which on average run £2 for a large locker for 12 hours. But during your reservation we offer lockers for you to use, free of charge, under your bed. Thanks again and dsfe travels.

I was not impressed by this hostel, especially compared to other St. Christopher's locations. The rooms were very run down and bed/storage lockers were very squeaky. Outside the room was very loud. Don't plan on staying here if you want a good rest.

Heya Thank-you for taking the time out to leave us some feedback about your stay. We're sorry to hear that some parts of your time here didn't quite live up to your expectations this time around. Being in such a central location it is sometimes hard to avoid the outside noise that comes with the area, it's a shame to hear that this was a problem for you and we do offer free earplugs at our reception to help anyone looking for rest, sleep a little easier!! We hope you enjoyed London, merry xmas:)

Das Hostel war wirklich super. Wir hatten in einem 8 Bett Zimmer für Mädels übernachtet. Die Leute am Check In waren super nett und das Frühstück war auch klasse. Einziger Minuspunkt war, wir hatten im Zimmer eine Art Generator (glaub ich) der alle paar Minuten anging, das war nicht so super. Aber alles in allem wars ne super Sache.

• 15th Nov 2014

Stayed here on two separate occasions for two night each time. The room in my first two night had only 2 plugs for 8 people. The second two nights I stayed in a different room which was much more spacious, more sockets and a table and chair. One thing that saved the day for me, was the free shampoo/body wash and conditioner. I forgot my own. . The bar was also very nice. Good prices, good fun. As I was travelling on my own, I felt happy to meet nice people.

Heya!! Thankyou for taking time to let us know how your stay went! Stoked that we kept you coming back for more;) We're glad to hear to had such a nice time and that you met some great people! Our hostel is currently having a face-lift and not all the rooms have quite been reached but we're glad that you we're happy with your second visit:D!! We're here to make your stay as comfortable as possible so we're glad we kept you nice and clean during your visit:P See you for round 3;) Happy holidays

Hostel is situated outside the city center (20mins walk) which is maybe the biggest minus point. Or that they charge for wifi (come on guys, who's charging nowadays for this?!!) On the other hand it's very quiet and they have a huge welcome area/ restaurant. Not suitable for single travellers, only place you may get to know people is the self-catering kitchen. Felt more like a hotel than a hostel. Good for families I guess... they serve food at the bar which is convenient.

Stayed at the Oasis, and will definitely come again to stay when visiting London! Borough High Street might be a bit loud but that's just normal everywhere in London! You could even see the Shard from the window :)

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Finland

Heya! Wow what an ace review!! Thankyou for taking the time to share your experience with us! We're so happy to see you found us as great as we fond you! It's also nice to see you admiring our central location, but its hard to go wrong when your just minutes from arguably the most famous bridge in the world;);) We hope to have you back soon, Happy holidays!!

I had a pleasent stay at the Oasis. It's just not that convenient that the reception is a 5 min walk from the house in a different building. I had to check out early and there was no possibility of returning the keycard anywhere else but the reception so I had to go there with all of my bags and come back the whole way again to catch the underground. Breakfast is also in a totally different building inbetween the reception (village inn) house and the Oasis, but it's quite good.

Hey! Thankyou for taking the time out to leave us some feedback! We're sorry that having the reception in a different building threw you off a little bit, in order to fit all our guests we had to expand across 3 buildings (otherwise we would have exploded;) With your key we understand that no-one wants to walk out of their way early in the morning, which is why at the exit of the oasis their is a quick drop box so you can leave your key instead:) We're stoked all else was well and see you soon!

The only good thing about this place is location. Staff were abrupt & made me feel stupid for asking a question, you have to pay for security lockers when storing luggage and breakfast included a choice of bread or foul-looking museli. I stayed in the all-girls Oasis part of the hostel, and while the rooms were relatively clean, the window opened about 10cm and that's it - had to wedge open the door just to get some air. The showers were filthy & had ZERO pressure, just a dribble down the wall.

Heya! Thankyou for leaving us some feedback. We are so sorry to hear that some things were not quite up to standard during your stay with us, at breakfast it is hard to please everyone which is why we offer a wide variety of yogurt, muesli, fruits, cereals, plus breads and spreads of course;) In regards to staff that is not ok and we will make sure we find out more in regards to the issue, during our busy period sometimes we miss things so if you notice something wrong just let us know!! :):) xx

The hostel was very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My only disappointment was that luggage storage was only through paid lockers, but that may be standard for London. I would highly recommend this hostel!

Heya!! Thank-you for the kind words! We're stoked to hear our staff made you feel welcome in your home away from home during your stay:D:D Unfortunately due to the amount of people we have checking in and out everyday there just isn't enough room in our luggage room which is why we offer lockers to make sure people's valuables are kept safe whilst they explore this beautiful city!! We hope to have you back in the near future!! :):)

This was exactly the hostel I needed after a long month at the Fringe! A great place to get a good nights rest. Linens and towels were fresh, free toiletries and hair dryers were a plus. Also since it was all girls the rooms smelled so friendly and not of sweat. I will definitely stay here if I come back again.

Heya!! Yay! So glad to hear we hit the spot after your long adventure! We like to think we're a home away from home which is why its so important that y'all have everything you need whilst visiting us in London, so towels, toiletries and a decent breakfast are essentials;) We hope to have you back soon!!! :D Happy holidays

It was great staying in a much quieter hostel at the end of my trip. The only issue was that there was only one outlet in our room of 8 people and it was awkwardly placed behind someone's bed.

Heya!! Thankyou for the feedback:) We're glad that the Oasis was a nice quiet place for you to rest and reflect on no doubt what was an awesome adventure!! :D Our hostel is currently undergoing some renovations and unfortunately some of the rooms haven't quite been reached yet, we're sorry this affected you during your stay, but we're more than happy to see it didn't effect your wonderful time over this side of the world!! Hope to see you back! :)

The cleanliness was poor, especially at the bathrooms. They said they had laundry and computers, but both of them were not working, and I needed it. Breakfast is ok, but not much. When I arrived, I had to wait almost 25 minutes in the line to be attended.

Heya! Cheers for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We are sorry to hear that some aspects of your stay didn't quite live up to the usual St. Christopher's standard!! We have cleaners come in multiple times a day to make sure the place is spotless, so if it happens that you find a mess please let us know so we can sort it for you asap:) It is unfortunate you had to wait, but with hundreds of guests checking in its hard to avoid sometimes, we hope you enjoyed London nonetheless, happyxmas

La calle donde se encuentra el hostal es muy transitada a todas horas del día, hay mucho ruido por las noches y es difícil dormir. Desde qué llegamos había un baño sucio y tapado, estuvimos ahí tres noches, el día que nos fuimos el baño seguía igual! Nadie asea los baños ni pasillos ni escaleras. El staff es muy amable y siempre dispuestos a ayudar.

The Oasis doesn´t live up to how it is described on the internet site. The text says that since the Oasis is only for women it`s clean and nice. I´m afraid I found the Oasis house quite worn and a bit dirty. The Village on the contrary was cleaner and nicer than I expected. It has got potential but The Oasis is in need of both tidying and a lot of nice, light paint .

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Finland

Hey! We are sorry to hear that you didn't quite have the experience either of us would have hoped at the Oasis! Sometimes with the amount of people using the bathrooms you make it to the mess before we do, we're sorry that this was the case for you, Next time please let us know and we will clean it right up!:):) As for your stay at the Village we're happy it was A-okay!! Thank-you for the suggestions too!! :D Happy holidays, and see you soon;)

Great location across from Borough Market and just down the street from the Tube stop and London Bridge. Wi-fi in the room can be spotty from time to time, and the password to log on is a bit of a nightmare to figure out the first time. Staff is very helpful, they know the city well, and were even kind enough to make a reservation at a local Indian restaurant when we inquired about good places to eat. The in-room lockers are large enough to fit just about any suitcase.

Thank-you for taking the time to let us know how your time with us was!! We're stoked to see you taking advantage of our central location, and the diverse range of food London has to offer:):) We're glad the staff were there to answer any questions you had, they take pride in living in this beautiful city! Make sure next time you take advantage of them, we make our password 1234 so that all guests can access it with ease, we will make sure to mention that next time;) Hope to see you soon!!

Almost Excellent:)Thx

• 30th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Thankyou for the feedback! challenge accepted for your next visit, we will make sure we get rid of that almost;) Happy holidays!!

Pros: great location. Busy hostel, great for meeting people. Seemed to be lots of single travelers. Bfast was good. Cons. Showers were busy and reception about a 5 to ten minute walk from the rooms. Would stay again!

Heya!! Cheers for the review! We love to learn how we can make your stay with us even better, so we're glad you let us know! We're sorry that on occasion our showers can be busy (smelly travellers taking advantage of the unlimited hot water;)) we are always working on improving our hostel to hopefully this will soon be an issue of the past! Happy to hear you enjoyed the free brekky and we are even happier to see you would choose us again! See you back here soon! Happy holidays :)