St Christopher's Shepherds Bush Reviews

Belushis Bar, 13-15 Shepherds Bush Green., London, England

Need fans in the rooms!!!

Loved staying here, the staff are amazing! Everyone was so nice and we had great craic with them all the whole weekend, especially Quin, Taylor, Danielle & Emma, they couldnt have done anymore for me & my 3 sisters. Epic Weekend, would defo come back for more :)

• 11th Jul 2014

Staff where awesome, Gus was a lad and the hot dutch girl was good for a laugh as well. pity some of the people staying at the hostel just wanted to stay to themselves otherwise it would of been a better stay.

I've never been in such a clean hostel! So perfect: clean toilets, showers and no dust at all! Highly recommend.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Poland

This hostel was an ok place to stay for a couple of days. The staff were friendly and even though it was a bit out of the way from Central London, the tube was literally across the road from the hostel. I've stayed in another St Christopher's hostel in London before & this one didn't seem to have the same atmosphere as the other one. The free breakfast is a plus. They did have free wifi, but you couldn't get good signal throughout the hostel.

Room clean and comfy bed. Bar downstairs is shambolic pricey and poor enough pints. Some staff quite irratiting. Turned off lights and tv at 11 pm sharp in middle of footy match and started ordering people out. Not the way to run a bar.

• 28th Jun 2014

If you use the lockers make sure your bag is in correctly. Spent a very stressful hour trying to get my bag out

No kitchen facilities. Excellent cleanliness and great lounge to hangout in the basement. Staff weren't friendly though.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • India

Odd set-up with the hostel being over a bar and reception being at the bar, but a solid place to stay.

It's actually quite common and we like the idea as it gives guest somewhere to hang out and mingle and even the chance to meet locals in a comfortable environment. Also no one gets lost going home. :) Glad you enjoyed it nonetheless.

Lovely staff, particolary the Australian guy, Tylor, really helpful

Great to hear our staff were helpful and lovely. We all do our best to make everyones stay as great as possible. Anna

The bar was great, and the younger people working the bar and the front desk were great. Unfortunately the "hang out room" and the bathroom were absolutely disgusting. Also when we were checking out, at a very early hour, we were not helped at all and it was really frustrating. I would not recommend this place to my friends nor will I return.

• 27th May 2014

Thats really disappointing that your stay had a bad turn. I'm really sorry you didn't find the night staff helpful. I really hope you reconsider. It's usually such a great vibe in the chill out room and we are due for a refurbishment very soon so everything will hopefully be all new and shiny. Anna

This hostel is in an excellent location. It's a bit dated but for the price and accessibility to central London it can't be beat. The staff was great.

They had lockers and the staff let us leave our luggage at the hostel after we had checked out. Their staff is excellent (very nice people). Standard breakfast was a bit poor, though the menu (4-6 pounds for a full english) was really great. The showers on our floor were out, so we had to share the second floor's shower facilities. Though these were cleaned every day, obviously it's pretty impossible to keep them clean with so many people using them and just one round of cleaning daily.

No kitchen facilities. Makes it an expensive stay because your constantly eating out. Being able to lock your things away should be standard.

• 19th May 2014

Not much to like about this place, it was loud until day lights ear plugs couldn't help me sleep. The staff did nothing to stop a fight right outside our room door. The rooms were dirty, the 'chill room' was in terrible condition, and the laundry room? Just don't bother.

The hostal is a bit far from the center of the city but it´s pretty well connected through buses and metro. The bed was comfortable and breakfast was good. The comforter for the bed was a bit stained. The room was okay I happened to be there when it was hot and the room at night was just so so warm. Don´t stay if you can´t sleep with noise because of the bar downstairs. Staff was helpful the times I asked about things.

The hostel is actually 15 minutes on the tube into the centre of the city. It is a bit further at night when using busses. The noise in the bar stops at 11 on weeknights and 12 on weekends. Glad the staff were able to help you out with all their knowledge. :)

This was a good hostel for the price. Just two things: it was Sunday and really, really loud. People were screaming in the hallways for long periods of time. I know it's a hostel and people have fun, but it would be nice if "party areas" were better regulated so those wanting to sleep are able to do so. Also, the pillows were like rocks. Literally, I don't think a rock would've felt much different. Airplane pillows are better. It was a good hostel overall, and I would recommend it.

I'm very sorry about the noise. We do let people know that if they want to continue partying they need to do so in the chill out room not in the rooms or corridors. Unfortunately unless the night porter is notified of what is going on upstairs there's a large chance he is monitoring the group that are downstairs in the chill out room.

Very helpful/friendly staff. Nice clean rooms. Great location, underground directly across the street. The only issue I have with st christophers hostels is no kitchen facilities so you're forced to buy food from the bar which is not so good for the travellers on a strict budget. But always have a great stay at st christophers regardless.

• 5th May 2014

Staff very friendly and helpful. Good place to stay!

Thanks for your kind words. It's always nice to see you back here.

What I really disliked is the male staff. Not helpful and generally interested more in bar activities.

Sorry to hear that. We do our best to make sure all hostel guests are helped before bar staff. Hope the male staff offer a better experience for you next time you visit. Anna