St Christopher's Shepherds Bush Reviews

Belushis Bar, 13-15 Shepherds Bush Green., London, England

In the evening I tried to close the window - in the twin room facing the busy road. The handle was broken and lying by the window. Somebody tried to do the same before me......probably many people. The window doesn't shut, it cannot even be fixed, unless it is completely changed. I reckon most of the windows are like that. I told the staff, but they must know. I was given earplugs - managed to sleep, but Christophers should be honest about the state of their rooms before selling them.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

St Chrisopher's provides a good solid party environment. No kitchen or cooking Facilities or nice common area. I find it good for what it is.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! There isn't a kitchen for use by guests however food is served at the bar with a discount for all our guests and a microwave and fridge is available in the chill out room. -Anna

Great value for the money.Will come back for sure.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Hungary

Great to hear!! We hope to see you hear in the near future. -Anna

Street noise can be very loud at this location. Also, our private room had bunk beds--sort of a bummer for a couple. Otherwise, great location and pretty solid around.

There are two private double rooms (double beds) and one private twin (bunk beds). I understand it can be confusing just give us a call or send us an email next time you would like to stay with us and we can help you out with identifying the room you want. Glad you enjoyed yourselves overall though. :) -Anna

Fantastic bar

Need fans in the rooms!!!

It's been a bit of a surprise heatwave this summer. Very unusual for London. haha! It definitely caught us off guard but we are in the process of organising some fans.

Loved staying here, the staff are amazing! Everyone was so nice and we had great craic with them all the whole weekend, especially Quin, Taylor, Danielle & Emma, they couldnt have done anymore for me & my 3 sisters. Epic Weekend, would defo come back for more :)

• 11th Jul 2014

Everyone here is definitely good fun! Glad you enjoyed your time with us. We'd love to see you all back here again very soon.

This is the second time I have stayed at this hostel. Its decent value for money and its right across from an underground station which is a big plus. The bar is decent prices considering that you are in London.

Thankyou for your comment. It is a great location you're right. So easy to get around and even for the area we're in the bar prices are great! Especially with your hostel discount! Glad you took advantage of it. Hopefully see you again for a third visit. :)

Staff where awesome, Gus was a lad and the hot dutch girl was good for a laugh as well. pity some of the people staying at the hostel just wanted to stay to themselves otherwise it would of been a better stay.

Oh that does suck when there isn't a fun group of people in the hostel. It's definitely hit and miss but there's usually a few people at least that want to have a good time. If all else fails the staff are all keen for some drinks or seeing some sights and are always a good time.

I've never been in such a clean hostel! So perfect: clean toilets, showers and no dust at all! Highly recommend.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Poland

We've really upped our game with the housekeeping team. I'm so glad it has made a difference and you loved it so much. Thank you for your lovely words. See you again soon we hope. :)

This hostel was an ok place to stay for a couple of days. The staff were friendly and even though it was a bit out of the way from Central London, the tube was literally across the road from the hostel. I've stayed in another St Christopher's hostel in London before & this one didn't seem to have the same atmosphere as the other one. The free breakfast is a plus. They did have free wifi, but you couldn't get good signal throughout the hostel.

Thank you for your feedback. It really depends on what the guests make of the place when it comes to atmosphere. Some weeks its a great place to party and other times it's a bit quieter. Whilst the hostel might seem slightly out of the centre it does only take 15 minutes on the tube to get into central London.

Room clean and comfy bed. Bar downstairs is shambolic pricey and poor enough pints. Some staff quite irratiting. Turned off lights and tv at 11 pm sharp in middle of footy match and started ordering people out. Not the way to run a bar.

• 28th Jun 2014

Unfortunately our licence ends at 11pm and the police in the area are very strict. We need to keep the street noise down and keep the neighbourhood happy. We are simply not allowed to just let people hang about to finish watching a game. If you are a hostel guest though you are always welcome to continue watching the game in the chill out room which is open till 4:30am. -Anna

If you use the lockers make sure your bag is in correctly. Spent a very stressful hour trying to get my bag out

No kitchen facilities. Excellent cleanliness and great lounge to hangout in the basement. Staff weren't friendly though.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • India

I'm surprised you didn't find the staff friendly. They're usually really keen to meet new people and always excited for someone new to hang out with. It is unfortunate that there are no kitchen facilities but I think you'll agree it is handy having the fridge and microwave there and there are lots of options at the supermarket next door that don't require a stove or oven. Even lots of fresh veggie microwave packs if you're trying to stay healthy. :) -Anna

Odd set-up with the hostel being over a bar and reception being at the bar, but a solid place to stay.

It's actually quite common and we like the idea as it gives guest somewhere to hang out and mingle and even the chance to meet locals in a comfortable environment. Also no one gets lost going home. :) Glad you enjoyed it nonetheless.

Lovely staff, particolary the Australian guy, Tylor, really helpful

Great to hear our staff were helpful and lovely. We all do our best to make everyones stay as great as possible. Anna

The bar was great, and the younger people working the bar and the front desk were great. Unfortunately the "hang out room" and the bathroom were absolutely disgusting. Also when we were checking out, at a very early hour, we were not helped at all and it was really frustrating. I would not recommend this place to my friends nor will I return.

• 27th May 2014

Thats really disappointing that your stay had a bad turn. I'm really sorry you didn't find the night staff helpful. I really hope you reconsider. It's usually such a great vibe in the chill out room and we are due for a refurbishment very soon so everything will hopefully be all new and shiny. Anna

This hostel is in an excellent location. It's a bit dated but for the price and accessibility to central London it can't be beat. The staff was great.

So lovely to hear. That is the problem with a lot of London sites. They often look a little tired but we are still in line for a refurbishment. So that will give it a lovely facelift. You'll have to return in a couple of months and see what you think. Should be all finished by then. As you say location and staff really do make all the difference. Glad you enjoyed it! -Anna

They had lockers and the staff let us leave our luggage at the hostel after we had checked out. Their staff is excellent (very nice people). Standard breakfast was a bit poor, though the menu (4-6 pounds for a full english) was really great. The showers on our floor were out, so we had to share the second floor's shower facilities. Though these were cleaned every day, obviously it's pretty impossible to keep them clean with so many people using them and just one round of cleaning daily.

We have increased to cleaning the showers 2-3 times a day as we understand that is the most used facility. The first floor shower is due to be removed hence why it's out of order. The space just isn't big enough for someone to shower comfortably. I'm sure you'll agree though there is never a wait to use the showers. Breakfast is great value for money especially with the guest discounts. It makes me very happy to hear you loved the staff. Everyone genuinely enjoys meeting new people. -Anna

No kitchen facilities. Makes it an expensive stay because your constantly eating out. Being able to lock your things away should be standard.

• 19th May 2014

There are cages in your room that only require a lock. You can purchase these directly from us or from the pound shop next door. There are lockers in the chill out room as well that come with a £500 insurance. There are plenty of cheap food options around. A full salad bar at the supermarket next door gives you a nice healthy feed for £2 and your discount at the bar is quite decent. There are also plenty of tasty cheap take-away options just outside.

« first « Prev 1 2 3