St Christopher's Shepherds Bush Reviews

Belushis Bar, 13-15 Shepherds Bush Green., London, England

Polite and helpful staffs. The 8 beds dorm is a bit small but clean. Wifi is good. The free breakfast also serve with fresh orange and ham, bread and jam of course presented. It will be perfect if with a kitchen. Highly recommend!

Excellent staff - very helpful

• 9th Oct 2014

location, staff, breakfast- amazing! It would be good to have more toilets. Sometimes there was garbage in the showers but I think that's a reflection of the people who use them and who do not clean up after themselves beacause rooms and facilities were cleaned often.

Could not fault this hostel if I tried. The staff were so friendly, the hostel was clean, the beds were very comfy and it is in an excellent location. What more could you want?

Excellent location! Clean rooms!

The staff ensure that you have a great time here, led by Taylor and Quinn, it's hard not to have a cheeky time at this hostel.

Could not rate this Hostel highly enough. All staff were very friendly and helpful. Especially Teniel. I busted my only pair of haviana thongs on the first day and she told me straight where to go to find a new pair. Plus she is a cool chick to have a beer with when she knocks off shift!

Great to hear ! She's awesome and has plenty of cool tricks and tips about the city. Glad you found someone to have a beer with. That's what travelling is all about. :)

Limited showers and bathrooms (like no showers on an entire floor). No locks on toilets made things a bit awkward, but overall nothing too bad. Location was great. Housekeeping/cleaning staff where attentive. Bar/hostel staff were really nice and can understand why lots of people stay here as a starting point when moving to London. Really friendly and helpful staff. Would recommend to people looking to start a new life in London (especially West).

This place is good if you are just looking to rest your head for the night. I would not recommend it for solo travelers looking to meet people, unless you are good at striking up conversation at a bar. It is cool that there is a bar downstairs, but the staff seems way more concerned with running the bar than the hostel. In fact, I never saw a staff member except those behind the bar. There was also some confusion with beds while I was there - seemed very disorganized. Breakfast was very weak.

I'm sorry you were disappointed. We like to put equal focus into both the bar and the hostel. There are many activities running through the week to engage guests and help them meet other people. The chill out room downstairs is also perfect for that, even if you don't wish to get involved with the hostel dinner, movie night or pub crawls. I know I met some life long friends when I first stayed here 4 years ago and it's exactly why I came back. -Anna

In the evening I tried to close the window - in the twin room facing the busy road. The handle was broken and lying by the window. Somebody tried to do the same before me......probably many people. The window doesn't shut, it cannot even be fixed, unless it is completely changed. I reckon most of the windows are like that. I told the staff, but they must know. I was given earplugs - managed to sleep, but Christophers should be honest about the state of their rooms before selling them.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

We are aware some of the windows can be a little tricky to shut but that's why we are having a refurbishment. I'm sure you noticed lots of things being fixed or changed during your stay. No comment is ever ignored. -Anna

St Chrisopher's provides a good solid party environment. No kitchen or cooking Facilities or nice common area. I find it good for what it is.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! There isn't a kitchen for use by guests however food is served at the bar with a discount for all our guests and a microwave and fridge is available in the chill out room. -Anna

Great value for the money.Will come back for sure.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Hungary

Great to hear!! We hope to see you hear in the near future. -Anna

Street noise can be very loud at this location. Also, our private room had bunk beds--sort of a bummer for a couple. Otherwise, great location and pretty solid around.

There are two private double rooms (double beds) and one private twin (bunk beds). I understand it can be confusing just give us a call or send us an email next time you would like to stay with us and we can help you out with identifying the room you want. Glad you enjoyed yourselves overall though. :) -Anna

Fantastic bar

Need fans in the rooms!!!

It's been a bit of a surprise heatwave this summer. Very unusual for London. haha! It definitely caught us off guard but we are in the process of organising some fans.

Loved staying here, the staff are amazing! Everyone was so nice and we had great craic with them all the whole weekend, especially Quin, Taylor, Danielle & Emma, they couldnt have done anymore for me & my 3 sisters. Epic Weekend, would defo come back for more :)

• 11th Jul 2014

Everyone here is definitely good fun! Glad you enjoyed your time with us. We'd love to see you all back here again very soon.

This is the second time I have stayed at this hostel. Its decent value for money and its right across from an underground station which is a big plus. The bar is decent prices considering that you are in London.

Thankyou for your comment. It is a great location you're right. So easy to get around and even for the area we're in the bar prices are great! Especially with your hostel discount! Glad you took advantage of it. Hopefully see you again for a third visit. :)

Staff where awesome, Gus was a lad and the hot dutch girl was good for a laugh as well. pity some of the people staying at the hostel just wanted to stay to themselves otherwise it would of been a better stay.

Oh that does suck when there isn't a fun group of people in the hostel. It's definitely hit and miss but there's usually a few people at least that want to have a good time. If all else fails the staff are all keen for some drinks or seeing some sights and are always a good time.

I've never been in such a clean hostel! So perfect: clean toilets, showers and no dust at all! Highly recommend.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Poland

We've really upped our game with the housekeeping team. I'm so glad it has made a difference and you loved it so much. Thank you for your lovely words. See you again soon we hope. :)

This hostel was an ok place to stay for a couple of days. The staff were friendly and even though it was a bit out of the way from Central London, the tube was literally across the road from the hostel. I've stayed in another St Christopher's hostel in London before & this one didn't seem to have the same atmosphere as the other one. The free breakfast is a plus. They did have free wifi, but you couldn't get good signal throughout the hostel.

Thank you for your feedback. It really depends on what the guests make of the place when it comes to atmosphere. Some weeks its a great place to party and other times it's a bit quieter. Whilst the hostel might seem slightly out of the centre it does only take 15 minutes on the tube to get into central London.