St Christopher's Shepherds Bush Reviews

Belushis Bar, 13-15 Shepherds Bush Green., London, England

No paper in the toilets!!!! coud be much clean!!!

Dorm rooms were fine, bathroom on first floor was often messy (and 2 toilet stalls were often blocked and didn't have paper) but still got cleaned every day. Staff were very good.

very nice staff really helpfull

stayed there for three nights....and loved it....even though Wi-Fi wasn't good at all.....but Loved the place...would definitely love to stay there again...

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Pakistan

First arrival impression was good. The location and breakfast are fine. They had to renovate each hostel room so that they had to move my stuffs to another room. I don't mind to move the room but the most unacceptable things they didn't notice me before and moved my stuffs without my permission. In the end, they lost my towel. I got breakfast vouchers instead. Every staff looked tired from working all night and unpleasant. They have to improve in manners and trained custom services!

Good hostel! And low cost. Enjoy the included breakfast.

Good to hear!! come back soon!

Please not leave entry into the room other people.

Staff and facilities were awesome! But the atmosphere is what killed the hostel! Very dull. Everyone just sticking to laptops and not socialising. One guy was playing Dota/WOW (whatever it was) all day and night. Literally all day and night. Other than the atmosphere, awesome hostel.

Thanks for your feedback! We are aware of the technology problem, but it's really hard to change that these days haha! Because it's hard, doesn't mean we are not trying. Once a week we are taking our guests on pub crawls, we are hosting a home cooked hostel dinner or we get them out of their room and bring them to our bar to have a beer and sing some karaoke! I'm glad you had a great time!

i don't even want to know how long they been using the quilt , the sheet is white and clean, but i can see the black cotton inside,this gross me out. and the ladies toilet in first floor doesn't have a trash bin. other than that,i think this place is quite clean

It would be great if the fridge was a little bigger! and maybe if there was a toaster too... The cleaners were both lovely, Lucy helped me look for my phone. A good hostel at a good price

I think the staff have to be trained. I been in other hostel and normally have a good staff. Not too bad but have to improve in manners. Cleanliness quite poor, need to give some more attention to the bins located in the different areas. I found always full!!. Apart of that good

Thanks for taking time to leave us some feedback! We can learn a lot from your experiences and I will follow this matter up!

I stayed at London Hostels for 45 days, and this hostel is the best hostel for me. I really appreciated the moments in here.

That's amazing to hear! Hopefully we will see you again!

Great friendly and super helpful staff.

• 29th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Thanks so much! Bye for now and hopefully we will see you again!

While I do not mind co-ed bathrooms per se, it would be nice if there were still some amenities both genders actually appreciate, such as outlets for hairdryers or mirrors. And although it may not be the fault of the hostel, it would also be nice if men could shut the stall door while taking a leak - that is common courtesy. Overall, there is not a single bathroom one could get dressed in without wet feet, dry one's hair, and put on make-up - not even in the so-called women's shower.

Sorry the bathrooms didn't reach your standards, we do have mirrors in all the shower/toilet blocks. Unfortunately we are unable to put power outlets in bathrooms as it is against UK law to do so, you do provide plenty of power outlets in the rooms. Thanks for you comments :)

I always liked St. Christopher hostels when I travel in London. Great location near the tube, friendly staff, free laundry service and breakfast. It's perfect for the price. I recommend.

• 13th Jan 2015
  • Bulgaria

Thank you so much Polina for you awesome review! We look forward to seeing you again next time your in London town!!!

The staff was friendly and helpful and the hostel is easy to reach. Breakfast was simple and excellent! The two things that annoyed me were: - the fact that the shower broke and remained so - every morning the glass recycling bins were emptied just under my window (a noise very unpleasant to wake up to.) I didn't have much time to spend with the other room mates, so I can not really comment on the atmosphere aspect.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Hungary

Glad you enjoyed our awesome breaky and that the staff where helpful and friendly, I think we have and awesome team! Sorry about the shower being out of order on the first floor, we do have more showers/ toilet facilities on the top floor. Sorry to disturb with the bottle bins!! Next time you stay with please talk to the staff about any problems you have and we will try our very best to sort it out! Thanks again for you comments :)

This hostel has Shepherd's Bush Station (central line) across the street and it will take you about 20 minutes to get in the center (Big Ben etc.) but it was still convenient. The staff were super friendly and helpful with any questions, especially with finding the best way for me to get to the airport by 5 AM on a Sunday. The breakfast does the trick and they've got things going on each night. As a solo traveller it's not necessarily the most ideal hostel, but you can make it work like I did.

Thanks for your kind words! Glad you enjoyed yourself! We'd love to see you again.

Great location & previous reviews led me to think this was a no brainer, but oh how I was wrong.. basically this is just a bar with rooms upstairs, there's no hostel atmosphere. The downstairs 'common room' is a constant mess with sauna like conditions and luggage everywhere. Rooms are tiny and compacted, bunks are sharp - I sliced my back twice.. The 1st floor broken male shower has a sign 'will be fixed asap' but long term stayers say its been this way a month.. staff are good. ruined my trip.

Cheers for the review! Our chill-out room is cleaned nightly by our night porter and checked on by bar/hostel staff during the day. Luggage is stored downstairs so guest and get around London without their bags if they have arrived before check-in time or have to kill time waiting for a transport after check-out time. There are four more showers and two more toilets located on the top floor.Sorry you didn't enjoy you stay, if you would like to give us another go I'm sure we can change you mind:)

Amazing location, right on the central line and less than a 2 min walk to the nearest tube station! So convenient. The staff are friendly except I had one rude guy wake me up in the middle of the night to tell me I was in the wrong bed when it was their mistake. Wish there was a kitchen, but the bar is good and there's free breakfast! I was happy with this hostel, and compared to some of the other hostels in London, the value for money here is amazing :)

Thanks so much for your kind words. We apologize for the way that the situation regarding the beds was handled and I hope it wasn't to much of an inconvenience to your stay. We don't have a kitchen for guests, however food is available with discount for guest in our bar! If you're back in London, we would love to see you again! -Danielle

Brilliant place to stay!

• 9th Nov 2014

Glad you enjoyed your time with us and we would love to see you again! -Danielle