St Christopher's Shepherds Bush Reviews

Belushis Bar, 13-15 Shepherds Bush Green., London, England

Only for everything was well and we we're impressed location :).

• 25th Jul 2015

The outside sounds of the road were extremely noisy and drowned out even the loud karaoke & music (which I didn't mind) from the bar. This was even with the windows closed.

• 17th Jul 2015

Even though I stayed in a 4 bed dorm, 5 people had the key for the room, including a random girl who had already checked out but was still occupying the dorm. Besides, I think the only two showers were enough for the hole floor, and you had to choose the times with less "traffic" take a bath. On the other hand, the staff was very helpful, there were plenty plenty options for breakfast and the location of the hostel is great. Nice value for money.

good location near bus and trains.

Apart from the excellent location (Shepherd's Bush underground and overground are just opposite as is Westfield), won't recommend this. Very noisy as the hostel is directly above a bar and the facilities are not very clean. Water from the en suite shower was cold.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Singapore

No air con or fan in room and it was bloody hot. Besides that, your standard st Christopher's hostel. Beer and sport.

A really nice hostel with a great location!!! The one downside was that my sister and I ended up in different rooms because they had mucked our booking up slightly but as it was only for one night so it didn't matter. After we checked out we kept our stuff in the lockers which was really handy for us whilst we went shopping at Westfields. The lockers are reasonably priced at 30p an hour for a small locker or £1.50 for the day. Next time I come to London I'll definitely think about staying here.

• 24th Jun 2015

The shower/ toilet was very dirty,and and i couldn't close properly the window in our room because the handle bar was missing. The street was very loud on that time. I couldn't sleep. Need to fix these problems immediately.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Hungary

Everything was great except there was no buddy in reception for us to give the key to when we left in the morning. So we lost our key deposit.

• 22nd Jun 2015

As a place to sleep, St. Christopher's has relatively comfortable rooms and beds. Also, their free breakfast is one of the best I've seen, with fruit and meat and cheese as well as the typical bread and cereal. The bathrooms have terrible ventilation and therefore also stink and have the general atmosphere of a sweaty armpit. Having a bar as the main floor means it is difficult to meet anyone from the hostel, and there is no kitchen to make your own food, so that is also out as a meeting area.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • sarah_feutl

Great location right next to the Tube. As other reviews said it did seem like there were a lot of long term dwellers but the bar downstairs made for a good atmosphere. Could get loud though because of this. Bring earplugs.

Bathroom garbage a were always full ( even in the bar). The shower to people ratio was off. Too many people only a few showers (two that I could find). Rooms were nice. Breakfast was basic. Food from the bar was good. Noise in room was a bit loud especially when they were dumping bottles or something. Wi-fi was pretty bad and mostly non-existent in the rooms.

not super clean but not super dirty either. staff went above and beyond my expectations. location is pretty far out (20 minutes from city square by metro?) also the people staying there was a very odd mixture of old people and people who seem to have been there for a long time. you get amazing deals and discounts at their bar so that probably made it all worth it.

You can be in in the ideal location with connections to oxford street, parliament, London eye etc. while still being in an affordable, clean and friendly environment. A great choice of hostel. I've stayed here many times and it hasn't failed once in delvering good accommodation. Check it out see what you think.

Thanks for such a positive review! It`s so great to hear that you`ve enjoyed your times staying with us, and we hope to see you back again next time you`re in London!

Si, creo que es regular el Staf no es tan simpático, he estado en casi todos los st christoper y buen a este le falta✌️

This was my second time there and had a good time and i will be back to stay there again very soon,

Thanks for the positive review! We look forward to welcoming you back again next time!

Great location. Really helpful staff.

• 12th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Thank you for leaving us a review! It`s great to hear that you appreciated our location and the staff here. We hope you will choose to stay with us again if you come back to London!

Fantastic, friendly staff. Great, clean rooms and comfortable beds. Only gripe for me was that the wifi wasn't too strong from my room, so I did my trip planning down in the bar on the ground level which has a great atmosphere anyway so I enjoyed not hiding in upstairs. Definitely coming back.

Thank you for the fantastic review! It`s so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately the wifi can be a bit of an issue upstairs sometimes, especially when there`s a lot of people using it at once. Hopefully this didn`t affect your stay too much. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Excellent hostel, very well located and very clean. Thanks again.

One of the best hostels around, great location, great facilities. A good chilled out environment but also very central with excellent transport links. Washing machine and dryer downstairs, chill out room with a TV, pool table, lockers and a hammock. The showers are also great, with a main shower room on the 2nd floor. The facilities are always clean and the staff are quite professional. I've stayed for several weeks at this hostel with no problems, not a squeaky bunk yet. A real gem. Recomended.

Thank you so much for such a positive review! We are very pleased to hear that you had such a great experience at our hostel. We hope that you will be back to stay with us again!