St Christopher's Shepherds Bush Reviews

Belushis Bar, 13-15 Shepherds Bush Green., London, England

This hostel has Shepherd's Bush Station (central line) across the street and it will take you about 20 minutes to get in the center (Big Ben etc.) but it was still convenient. The staff were super friendly and helpful with any questions, especially with finding the best way for me to get to the airport by 5 AM on a Sunday. The breakfast does the trick and they've got things going on each night. As a solo traveller it's not necessarily the most ideal hostel, but you can make it work like I did.

Great location & previous reviews led me to think this was a no brainer, but oh how I was wrong.. basically this is just a bar with rooms upstairs, there's no hostel atmosphere. The downstairs 'common room' is a constant mess with sauna like conditions and luggage everywhere. Rooms are tiny and compacted, bunks are sharp - I sliced my back twice.. The 1st floor broken male shower has a sign 'will be fixed asap' but long term stayers say its been this way a month.. staff are good. ruined my trip.

Amazing location, right on the central line and less than a 2 min walk to the nearest tube station! So convenient. The staff are friendly except I had one rude guy wake me up in the middle of the night to tell me I was in the wrong bed when it was their mistake. Wish there was a kitchen, but the bar is good and there's free breakfast! I was happy with this hostel, and compared to some of the other hostels in London, the value for money here is amazing :)

Thanks so much for your kind words. We apologize for the way that the situation regarding the beds was handled and I hope it wasn't to much of an inconvenience to your stay. We don't have a kitchen for guests, however food is available with discount for guest in our bar! If you're back in London, we would love to see you again! -Danielle

Brilliant place to stay!

• 9th Nov 2014

Glad you enjoyed your time with us and we would love to see you again! -Danielle

a little bit noisy, because it is above a lively pub, but i knew that before i booked. great value for money.

• 30th Oct 2014

Thanks so much for your kind words! Hopefully the noise didn't disrupt your stay to much and you enjoyed your time with us. -Danielle

Very good place the problem was on my roomates who was drunk.

That can be a problem at times but we're always happy to help if it is too much of a problem. Glad you enjoyed yourself otherwise. -Anna

Okay if you just want somewhere to sleep for the night. Good location close to the westfield mall. Female shower/ toilet was a bit small and flooded the whole area if having a shower. Not enough showers and toilets for the floor. Very helpful aussie receptionist!

Thanks. Glad we could help. Sorry about the shower. Unfortunately we are in an old building but we are in the middle of a refurbishment so We can add it to the list of things that are being changed or fixed. -Anna

Female bathrooms are accessible by males and overall the place was not clean. Bed sheets and duvet were good though so I guess you got that going for you.

The female shower is by the female room. Unfortunately we're not a hostel that specialises in female only areas. Our hammersmith site has a female only level and our London Bridge site has a female only building. I apologise that you found this uncomfortable but it is separate to the other showers and it does have a lock so providing it is locked there shouldn't be any issues. Glad you enjoyed the rest of the facilities. :)

Polite and helpful staffs. The 8 beds dorm is a bit small but clean. Wifi is good. The free breakfast also serve with fresh orange and ham, bread and jam of course presented. It will be perfect if with a kitchen. Highly recommend!

Such kind words. Thank-you for your feedback. We make the most of the space we have and do our best to ensure everything is of a high standard. Great to hear you enjoyed your time with us. -Anna

Excellent staff - very helpful

• 9th Oct 2014

Always great to hear great words about the staff. I think the staff here are fantastic, fun and helpful and it's nice when others notice that too. -Anna

location, staff, breakfast- amazing! It would be good to have more toilets. Sometimes there was garbage in the showers but I think that's a reflection of the people who use them and who do not clean up after themselves beacause rooms and facilities were cleaned often.

Could not fault this hostel if I tried. The staff were so friendly, the hostel was clean, the beds were very comfy and it is in an excellent location. What more could you want?

Excellent location! Clean rooms!

The staff ensure that you have a great time here, led by Taylor and Quinn, it's hard not to have a cheeky time at this hostel.

Could not rate this Hostel highly enough. All staff were very friendly and helpful. Especially Teniel. I busted my only pair of haviana thongs on the first day and she told me straight where to go to find a new pair. Plus she is a cool chick to have a beer with when she knocks off shift!

Great to hear ! She's awesome and has plenty of cool tricks and tips about the city. Glad you found someone to have a beer with. That's what travelling is all about. :)

Limited showers and bathrooms (like no showers on an entire floor). No locks on toilets made things a bit awkward, but overall nothing too bad. Location was great. Housekeeping/cleaning staff where attentive. Bar/hostel staff were really nice and can understand why lots of people stay here as a starting point when moving to London. Really friendly and helpful staff. Would recommend to people looking to start a new life in London (especially West).

This place is good if you are just looking to rest your head for the night. I would not recommend it for solo travelers looking to meet people, unless you are good at striking up conversation at a bar. It is cool that there is a bar downstairs, but the staff seems way more concerned with running the bar than the hostel. In fact, I never saw a staff member except those behind the bar. There was also some confusion with beds while I was there - seemed very disorganized. Breakfast was very weak.

I'm sorry you were disappointed. We like to put equal focus into both the bar and the hostel. There are many activities running through the week to engage guests and help them meet other people. The chill out room downstairs is also perfect for that, even if you don't wish to get involved with the hostel dinner, movie night or pub crawls. I know I met some life long friends when I first stayed here 4 years ago and it's exactly why I came back. -Anna

In the evening I tried to close the window - in the twin room facing the busy road. The handle was broken and lying by the window. Somebody tried to do the same before me......probably many people. The window doesn't shut, it cannot even be fixed, unless it is completely changed. I reckon most of the windows are like that. I told the staff, but they must know. I was given earplugs - managed to sleep, but Christophers should be honest about the state of their rooms before selling them.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

We are aware some of the windows can be a little tricky to shut but that's why we are having a refurbishment. I'm sure you noticed lots of things being fixed or changed during your stay. No comment is ever ignored. -Anna

St Chrisopher's provides a good solid party environment. No kitchen or cooking Facilities or nice common area. I find it good for what it is.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! There isn't a kitchen for use by guests however food is served at the bar with a discount for all our guests and a microwave and fridge is available in the chill out room. -Anna

Great value for the money.Will come back for sure.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Hungary

Great to hear!! We hope to see you hear in the near future. -Anna