St Christopher's Shepherds Bush Reviews

Belushis Bar, 13-15 Shepherds Bush Green., London, England

This was my first time visiting london and my friend had recommended the hostel. It was just as good as he said, I had a great time and made a bunch of friends in the chill out room. Staff were really helpful and gave me directions on how to get to places. Would recommend to other travellers

• 28th Nov 2015

Hi Winnie! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate your feedback. It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay. All the best with the rest of your travels :)

Had such a great time at the hostel. Staff is very helpful. I loved the free breakfast. If you wanna meet people, the bar is the best place to be social. On Thursday night karaoke is a lot of fun.

• 22nd Nov 2015

Hi Natascha! Thanks for the great review! Hope to see you again soon :)

Had the best stay, hostel staff were really fun and helpful, no troubles at all. Will deffinetly be staying here again.

• 21st Nov 2015

Thanks Todd! See you next time! :)

Stairs need painting Terrible showers Staff excellent

• 20th Nov 2015

Hi ! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate your feedback. Sorry you didn't enjoy the stairs or the showers. We know our stairs are looking a little shabby, but we're having them tiled in the near future. Yippee! Did you try the level 2 showers? They're a bit roomier than level 1! All the best with the rest of your travels :)

Not a bad place to stay for. Couple of days, although it doesn't have the best atmosphere and there were a lot of older men staying, some of whom were rather obnoxious and rude in the chill out room. Did not feel comfortable. People we're also noisy in smokers area on the rooftop outside the rooms. Otherwise great location near Westfield mall and tube.

Hi ! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate your feedback. Sorry about the older men making you uncomfortable in the chill out room. They have since been asked to leave the hostel. Sorry this affected your stay. Hope you enjoy the rest of your travels! :)

Convenient location, good area for a short stay. Staff were really nice and helpfull. Bathrooms could use some attention as they regularly ran out of toilet paper. Beds were clean but pillows were paper thin. The wifi is pretty bad, you can get it in the rooms but this doesn't mean it's going to work.

Hi ! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to read that you enjoyed our great location and friendly staff. Sorry about the toilet paper running out, I've spoken to our housekeeping team about this to prevent this happening in the future. Hope to see you again soon! :)

Really nice hostel. Had a very good time. Staff even carried my bags upstairs, they are very kind and helpful. The area is great and you get cheap food and drinks in the bar. I met a lot of fun people and we had an awesome time together.

• 15th Nov 2015

Hi ! It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay. See you next time! :)

Very happy with everything belushis bar downstairs was great and all the staff and facilities meant we had a great time. Also the location was excellent hope to go there again

• 30th Oct 2015

Thanks for the great review Mike! We hope to see you again soon :)

When I booked this online for myself (shared mixed dorm) & my work colleagues both male (twin room) We were not impressed at all when my colleagues walked in a bunk bed room which was booked as per my confirmation from yourselves as a twin (2 separate beds). Also facilities on my mixed dorm floor as terrible as only one shower and I had to and use another floor facilities. I will definitely not be returning or recommending as when we checked in the staff weren't very helpful and looked confused.

Hi Rita. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Sorry you had a bad experience with the twin room, we try to make the description clear by capitalising the the part where it mentions that it is a bunk bed. We have had a few new staff start recently, I have re-trained them on the check in procedure so they will not be confused in the future. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels :)

The window didn't close in our room, its October in the UK. The window needs to shut. When I told staff about it they said "yeah we know, we're working to fix it". I thought if you knew why didn't you tell us before we went into the room, that would've been the decent thing to do. Other than that it was a nice place. Pricey for what you get, same price as some hotels with lower standards but it was clean and tidy.

• 27th Oct 2015
  • South Africa

Hi Becky! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate your feedback and will be using your comments to improve our services and facilities for future guests. Sorry about the windows. We are in the process of getting them replaced (you might have noticed all the scaffolding across the front of the building!). I've let our maintenance team know that that window needs attention sooner rather than later. Hope you enjoy the rest of your travels! :)

Bar was great. Breakfast service a bit slack. The worst bathrooms I have ever seen. Dirty, tiny showers which were not cleaned the whole time I was there.

Hi . Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate your feedback and will be using your comments to improve our services and facilities for future guests. We pride ourselves in the free breakfast we provide to our guests, was there anything in particular we could change to make it a better experience for you? Our bathrooms are cleaned daily, some twice daily. I will pass your comments on to our external housekeeping company to ensure the showers get some extra focus

The hostel isn't very clean, no real space in the rooms and the showers are filthy. The bar downstairs has a great atmosphere and the staff are awesome. But that doesn't really make up for the accommodation part.

Hi Annette! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate your feedback and will be using your comments to improve our services and facilities for future guests. I'm sorry we didn't quite live up to your expectations with regards to cleanliness of the bathrooms. I will pass your comments on to our external housekeeping company and improve this going forward. All the best with the rest of your travels!

The staff were amazing had a great time with jay and Siobhan and they couldn't do enough for me and everybody who stays there.

Hi Jonathan! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I'll pass your kind words onto Siobhan and Jay! All the best :)

Really nice place with friendly staff

• 11th Oct 2015
  • Anguilla

Hi Christine! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It's so great to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you at St Christophers again soon! :)

Always have fun when I stay here. Great location next to the station and the belushis bar is always a good time. Siobhan was so helpful when I made my bookings, thanks!

• 30th Sep 2015
  • bethmooney09812

Hi Beth! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll pass your kind words onto Siobhan! I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels :)

We had a private room located between a door that separated the other bedrooms with the shared showers. We heard every noise, voice, music. However, that was not the only source of noise, there was a terrace just beside our window where people went for a drink, a smoke or a chat. It was impossible to sleep. The only answer we´ve got from to staff was to wear ear plugs. The window that lead to the terrace would not close or open properly. The fridge was really dirty.Good thing, free laundry room.

Hi Giannina. Thanks for taking the time to get back to us. We appreciate your feedback and will be using your comments to improve our services and facilities for future guests. It was great to read that you enjoyed our free laundry and hairdryers. Was there anything in particular that you feel could have been better, or is there something we could provide to improve your experience? We'd be genuinely interested to hear your comments as we are always looking to better ourselves. All the best

The hostel is really nice. Especially the bar. So fun to meet people from different countries. Katja was really nice. She made me feel included and I met really nice people thanks to her. I'll be back soon.

Hey Eliza! How are you? Thanks for taking the time to get back to us, we really appreciate your feedback. It was great to read that you enjoyed our bar and had a great time with our staff! Hope to see you back at St Christopher's again soon :)

It just wasn't the best St Christopher's I've been too. The bathrooms were a bit seedy and my particular dorm was quite squished.

Great hostel, great staff and bar! kaja even helped take bags up to the room when I first arrived. Would defiantly go back!

Very squeaky bunk beds. Location is the best part of it. Bathrooms are poor.