St Christopher's Shepherds Bush Reviews

Belushis Bar, 13-15 Shepherds Bush Green., London, England

It was an alright stay overall, great location with the underground, overground and Westfield right accross the road. Having reception in the bar was horrible if you needed anything. Was going to extend my stay but after 20mins of no service I gave up. Kept having a guy come into room at all hours, couldnt tell if he was staying in there, as the next morning another person would be sleeping in that bed. Bathrooms needed to be cleaned more often as well especially on floor 1.

Dear guest, thanks for taking the time to write a few words, we apologize for the wait in the bar, it can become a bit hectic at times, in terms of cleanliness i can guarantee we are improving that and about the guy in your room coming in at all hours, that's the hostel life :D Anyways hope to see you back soon!

Absolutely enjoyed my stay. Nice and clean bedrooms, nice programme for the bar (karaoke, live band, etc) and really friendly staff. Danielle, Ans, Alyce and Gus have been really helpful whenever I spoke with them and it was always a fun time to hang out with the staff people! Definitely worth the money.

• 24th Jan 2014

Thank you for the kind words!! See you around!

The hostel definitely was excellent with good location, just few minitues walking distance from Tube station, Westfield shooping center...The only thing that was not good was the shower :)...the hot water did not work properly :(...

• 22nd Jan 2014
  • Kosovo

Thank you for the kind words, we do apologize about the hot water problem, next time you come back i can guarantee there won't be anymore hot water problems. See you soon!

Location is very good! Across Shepherd Bush station (central line and overground), the bus stop also just near the hostel where you can go to central easily. Breakfast is good. Big common room with big TV screen.

Dear Guest, we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. See you soon!

Cannot credit this hostel enough - the atmosphere & staff at St Christopher's are completely unique! Each and every one of the staff members we met; Gus, Taylor, Quinn, Danielle, Louis, Joey, Alyce, Nikki, Ang & Anna were just the best! They were full of useful tips & helpful information for us & could not have been more accommodating. Thank you all again for everything! Lots of love Catrina, Jen & Nicola #YOLOswag :) xx

Dear Guest, thanks for the kind words Hopefully see you soon! #STChristophersSwag

Very good location, right across from the underground station. Good acess to famous attractions, I loved the pub, really friendly staff and good atmosphere, cheap drinks and good music. I also liked the neighborhood, many options for food, supermarkets, a really good market. I just think cleanliness should be improved... the bathrooms on the first floor were usually very dirty....and the "kitchen' too... very messy.... but I would stay at this hostel again, it's worthy for the price.

Hi Camila, Thank you for the feedback, we do apologize about the mess, must've been on a very busy night, but still that's no excuse, next time we promise it's going to be sparkling throughout. As it is now :D Safe travels!

Wasn't a great location but staff were very helpful and great fun. Would definitely stay again

• 27th Dec 2013

Daniel, thank you for the review, we do like to think that we're located just far enough from the city centre to experience the tube and and/or the overground in order to do some sightseeing, maybe when the nice weather comes and you come and visit us again, anyways, see you next time!

I IS VERY EASY TO FIND THE PLACE. YOU GET OUT THE METRO STATION AND THERE IT IS. YOU HAVE MALLS NEXT TO THE HOSTEL SO CHEAP FOOD IS NOT A PROBLEM. PLEASE CARRY A PAD LOCK WITH YOU OR YOU WILL END UP WASTING 3 POUNDS. PLACE IS CLEAN . BREAKFAST IN THE MORNING IS GOOD.YOU WILL FIND INTERESTING PEOPLE TO TALK TOO. CLEAN WASHROOMS. ROOMS MIGHT STINK BUT BECAUSE OF OTHERS STINKY SHOES. THE PLACE WAS HEATED PROPERLY. THE HAVE A HUGE SCREEN DOWN STAIRS ,SO U CAN WATCH MOVIES IF U R THERE FOR FEW HRS

• 15th Dec 2013
  • India

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments. Happy traveling Sharon

Friendly helpful staff, well located, good breakfasts, good value for money.

Thank you for your comments, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming your to this or another St Christopher's in the near future.

I'd like to say a huge and special thankyou to the amazing Taylor Bevis!!! He alone made my London experience worth all the while. He's so much fun, always up for a good time and overall one of the best guys ive met. I am soo grateful that I met him and now apart of my life. Also another thankyou to Nikki, Gus, Ans, Danielle and Quin for making my experience that extra fun filled!! Much loveeee xx

• 2nd Dec 2013

Thank you so much Cherise, great to see you had an amazing time, we look forward to seeing you back at St. Christophers. Xx

Great overall experience!

The only thing I can fault these guys for is not having an elevator so I didn't have to lug my heavy suitcase (full with souvenirs from Europe ;-) ) up the stairs. But seriously, its a great hostel, on the Central line so so convenient to get to all of Londons attractions. I've never been let down by a St Christopher's yet! :-)

Hi So sorry we don't have an elevator, but so glad we didn't disappoint in anything else. Hope you come stay again soon. Happy travels. Regards Hostel team

Showers on first floor not great but overall, a great hostel with friendly, helpful staff.

• 25th Nov 2013

Hey there, Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We appriciate it as it helps us improve for future guests. We always reccomend guests use the showers on the second floor as the first floor shower can be quite a tight squeeze. Trust us, we know! Glad you enjoyed the hostel. Our staff are pretty great, they know what its like to be a traveller and as such always go above and beyond to help out! Again, Thanks for your feedback! Safe travels , Cheers The St Christophers Team

The hostel was ideally located opposite the Shepherds Bush station. When I arrived I was made welcome by the receptionist at the bar. This lady showed me, my room and the location of showers on the same floor. I was offered a padlock to lock my luggage away in a secure cage. As well as being located near to the station, the hostel has its own bar, they offer special deals on drinks and food. The hostel is close to the shops, alternative pubs as well as the Shepherds Bush Empire (O2) theatre.

Hello Thank you for you taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will come again soon. Regards Hostel team

Had a great stay. Room was very spacious which is not usually the case with hostels. Was as described in the online description on HostelWorld so we knew what to expect. Excellent location opposite the tube station and Westfield Shopping Centre. Would stay again and recommend to friends.

• 30th Oct 2013

Hello So glad you had a good stay. We hope to see you again soon. Safe travels Hostel team

Surprisingly good value was low season, the showers on the first floor need redesigning perhaps have the doors opening outwards or OK Corral style doors and please lose the Prestex style controls and fixed shower heads (I know it's saves water) so one can clean the nooks and crannies :) Although I was not there long and really only slept there, it the staff were kind and friendly very laid back.

hello Thank you for all of your ideas, they really do help us make the hostel better. We hope everything else was to your satisfaction. Safe travel hostel team

We had lots of problems: 1) We had to leave 50£ at the reception because we had no credit card (in many countries is not usual to have one, i think they should specifiy in the INFO). 2) The room was not very clean, bed and pillows were not comfortable at all 3) Our private room was 2 metres from showers, could hear water and people talking from 6 am. Half naked people everytime I went out my room! 4) Our window was on a big terrace people always went to smoke. Couldn't even open curtains

I should have looked at the description more than just the price and the ratings. This hostel is really for the party people and not for those like us who are up and about the whole day and just want a place to crash during the night. The room in the front suffer from constant noise of sirens from the street and on Thursday we were kept awake by the noisy guests. We hardly got any sleep that night. The included simple breakfast was nice.

hello I'm sorry your stay wasn't what you were hoping for. We do advertise ourselves as a youth hostel. The sirens are unfortunately due to the fact that there is a hospital only a few minutes away. We do apologize for it and we are trying to increase our sound proofing. I hope the rest of your stay wasn't to bad. Safe travels. Hostel team

Nice stay. Thank you!

Hello So glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon Regards Hostel team

Very frustrated with St Christophers this time. I booked 3 nights and was required to move rooms after my first night, which normally would be fine but I was quite unwell at the time. Secondly, once I had checked out after my first night I was told to leave my belongings in a corner in the common areas, or I could pay £3 for a locker, only after much prompting was it offered that I could leave my bags in the room. Wifi only works in bar and basement and breakfast ends at 9.30am.