St Christopher's Shepherds Bush Reviews

Belushis Bar, 13-15 Shepherds Bush Green., London, England

A very fun hostel with a very nice bar, I met a lot of awesome people!

Hey there, Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! Its always good to hear our guests have had a good time. We work hard to make it the experience it is. Hope the rest of your travels continue to be great! Cheers, The Team at St Christopher's

I was pretty disappointed when I first arrived. The staff also work at the bar and they aren't focused much to hostel patrons - I waited at the reception desk for 15 mins waiting to be helped while the staff hung out behind the bar and chatted - was a theme for the rest of my stay. Good chillout bar, met some great folks here but wasn't great for solo travellers. Bed was clean but rooms and showers weren't too clean. Was far from everything but the tube. Would't stay here again.

Unfortunately the system for programming the swipe cards for the door wasn't working when I visited, so I had to wait at the bar for someone to be free and then have them open my room every time I wanted in. It was so painful. Once it was fixed, it was ok. The only other thing is that the showers were really small and cramped.

Great Location, right next to Westfield London Shopping Centre. It was a place to sleep, and the rooms were a ok and located above a bar so sometimes its a tad noisy. As for the cleanliness of the place, the toilets and showers weren't that clean, but usable. It's sort of the campsite washrooms and showers. However, all in all I would still recommend it because of the price, and a place to stay the night.

• 24th Jul 2013

I enjoyed my stay very much. I would like to appreciate the additions to the breakfast provided since my last visit - natural yoghurt, crushed nuts, mixed fruit, cut oranges - yum. I also was grateful for Shelley who was friendly and helpful as always. A godd value, convenient hostel. The staff work hard and the place is well organized.

Place was not dirty, but not as clean as it could've been. Rooms don't have fans or AC, which is expected but can be an issue on some days. Bathrooms on the second floor are terribly small, taking the word "Water Closet" a bit too literally. Sinks are too tiny and strangely powerful when it comes to water pressure. Splashing occurs. I'd stay here again if I needed to because the location was pretty decent but I'd rather stay at a place that is a bit brighter.

St Christopher's Shepherds Bush is a perfect choice for young travellers. The atmoshere is really good, the staff is helpful and the prices are affordable. If you want to have fun, visit the bar on the ground floor, nevertheless, if you prefer more sleeping, it is also possible. I can definitely recommend this hostel!

REALLY COOL!!!

very clean hostel , over the road from the tube station where you can get on the central line and only ab0ut 6 stops from the west end . good common room in the basement where they have house guitars .plenty of shops and takeaways close by .

• 12th Jul 2013

It's a good hostel. Really close to the underground (metro station), just in the other side of the street. The toilets are not very good though. The rooms are ok, but in the first floor theres a lot of noise from the street. The staff works on the bar, so its not that easy to reach them at night. But they are great!

Only stayed one night the hostel seems to get a lot of much older people passing through, not the best atmosphere but reasonably priced and well located. More effort to match the ages of people in dorms would be helpful.

Hey there, thanks for leaving some feedback. It looks like you came in just after the rush for the European festivals started. We feel allocating rooms based on age is a little discriminative and hence its not something we do however we have a fantastic chill out room & bar where you can socialize and meet other guests. Dont forget about the staff, they like yourself are all travelers and always up for a chat and a drink! Safe and happy travels from here out, Cheers The St Christopher's team!

Great place to stay, very close to tube station. Awesome pub attached to hostel with great drinks and food. Will definitely stay here again :)

Good place to lay your head. Rms are a little stuffy, showers a little small. The bar downstairs is great!

Hey there, Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We appreciate it. We are a little hostel there is no denying that but what we lack in space we certainly make up for in a good experience. Glad you enjoyed your stay here with us! Hope to see you again if you ever pass by! Safe and happy travels, The St Christopher's team.

Very good hostel. Only a kitchen or fridge for the guests was lacking, but aside from that excellent hostel!

Hey there, Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback. We really do appreciate it as it helps us improve. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us. Being right next door to a Supermarket and a range of fantastic eatery places that food storage is not a usual thing. A large number of our guests are only about for one or two days and usually enjoy the great 25% discount on our food menu anyway! It is diffidently something we will take on board and consider though. Cheers!

Great location!

great place to stay. tho it was noisy down stairs some nights, it was still a budget place to stay in. the staff is really nice. location is perfect. over roll, good place to stay.

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback! We really do appreciate it. It\\\'s so good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! The bar can get a little noisy and this is why we make the effort to close at 11pm Sunday to Wednesday and 12am Thursday to Saturday. Its still quite late if you are trying to get an early night and so to help with this we offer FREE earplugs at the reception desk! Aside form some bar noise glad everything else was enjoyable. Cheers!!

always a great place to stay, it was my second time in this hostel, and will come stay again when in London...

Hey there, Glad you had a great stay. It's always nice to see guests return and have an amazing time.. it is what keeps people coming back again! Hope to see you again soon! Safe and happy travels, Cheers, The St Christopher's Team!

Great place to stay. The staff is super cool and super friendly. They definitely want to have you enjoy your stay. And very helpful too. My buddy and I almost couldn't get back to Paris to catch our flight home because of the air traffic control strike. But when I mentioned this to the staff everyone helped us figure out a way back. Ana was super helpful and did everything she could to help us. Definitely will stay there again.

Nice Aussie run bar downstairs, close to the tube and portobello markets but not much else.

Good location... Great bar underneath... Can't complain