St Christopher's Shepherds Bush Reviews

Belushis Bar, 13-15 Shepherds Bush Green., London, England

Pleasantly surprised. I was worried that there would be coach loads of backpackers on heavy drinking sessions on a one night hop on / off situation but that wasn't the case. The bar was lively and the breakfast was good considering you are in Lodnon and have just paid less than £15 a night! A good hostel in She' Bu!

Hello Glad you enjoyed your stay. With our guests we usually have a good mix of people. Hope you will be staying with us again. Safe travels hostel team

Good stay. Staff friendly and helpful. Positive atmosphere.

hello Glad you had a good stay. We do try and have the best and most helpful staff :) Hope to see you soon. Safe travels Hostel team

Nice female dorm as there are no stupid 3 tier bunks here. Bathroom and shower located right outside the dorm. Staff were very helpful. Unfortunately the noise was unbearable had no sleep due to school tours staying- this happens often as I inquired. Breakfast was poor - cereal and toast with only cordial as juice.good location for the money.

Hello Sorry about the noise. People can sometimes be very inconsiderate about other guests. We have completely redone our breakfast.. Hope this experience hasn't put you off staying with us again. Safe travels Hostel team

Was an alright place to stay for a cheap price. The pros-cheap, handy to transport, bar downstairs, wifi in basement is ok, close to many food places. The cons-balcony outside our room was used for a late night drinking session by what were at least a few staff (their room also nearby), ripped off re-booking at reception (10 pound more per person than on hostel world), older staff members sleeping/yelling/swearing in common room, dodgy area late at night, no kitchen. I might go back cos it cheap

Great location, very friendly staff, nice touch with a free breakfast, toast, cereal, juice etc. Clean rooms and toilets/showers. Only improvement would be individual lights on the bunks and more ventilation as rooms get very hot

No curtains in room and not enough outlets to plug in electrical wares. Would be a good upgrade to have a plug by each bed.

• 15th Aug 2013

Hey there, Thanks for the feedback. Not to long ago we had extra power outlets fitted in each room, they are hidden down beside various beds. Taking into account your feedback we are going to add some signs in the rooms pointing out the location of all the plugs in the rooms. Our rooms usually do have curtains however once a month they are taken down to be cleaned... We are sorry that this was an inconvenience. We will be looking at ways to minimise this whilst maintaining room cleanliness.

A very fun hostel with a very nice bar, I met a lot of awesome people!

Hey there, Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! Its always good to hear our guests have had a good time. We work hard to make it the experience it is. Hope the rest of your travels continue to be great! Cheers, The Team at St Christopher's

I was pretty disappointed when I first arrived. The staff also work at the bar and they aren't focused much to hostel patrons - I waited at the reception desk for 15 mins waiting to be helped while the staff hung out behind the bar and chatted - was a theme for the rest of my stay. Good chillout bar, met some great folks here but wasn't great for solo travellers. Bed was clean but rooms and showers weren't too clean. Was far from everything but the tube. Would't stay here again.

Unfortunately the system for programming the swipe cards for the door wasn't working when I visited, so I had to wait at the bar for someone to be free and then have them open my room every time I wanted in. It was so painful. Once it was fixed, it was ok. The only other thing is that the showers were really small and cramped.

Great Location, right next to Westfield London Shopping Centre. It was a place to sleep, and the rooms were a ok and located above a bar so sometimes its a tad noisy. As for the cleanliness of the place, the toilets and showers weren't that clean, but usable. It's sort of the campsite washrooms and showers. However, all in all I would still recommend it because of the price, and a place to stay the night.

• 24th Jul 2013

I enjoyed my stay very much. I would like to appreciate the additions to the breakfast provided since my last visit - natural yoghurt, crushed nuts, mixed fruit, cut oranges - yum. I also was grateful for Shelley who was friendly and helpful as always. A godd value, convenient hostel. The staff work hard and the place is well organized.

Place was not dirty, but not as clean as it could've been. Rooms don't have fans or AC, which is expected but can be an issue on some days. Bathrooms on the second floor are terribly small, taking the word "Water Closet" a bit too literally. Sinks are too tiny and strangely powerful when it comes to water pressure. Splashing occurs. I'd stay here again if I needed to because the location was pretty decent but I'd rather stay at a place that is a bit brighter.

St Christopher's Shepherds Bush is a perfect choice for young travellers. The atmoshere is really good, the staff is helpful and the prices are affordable. If you want to have fun, visit the bar on the ground floor, nevertheless, if you prefer more sleeping, it is also possible. I can definitely recommend this hostel!

REALLY COOL!!!

very clean hostel , over the road from the tube station where you can get on the central line and only ab0ut 6 stops from the west end . good common room in the basement where they have house guitars .plenty of shops and takeaways close by .

• 12th Jul 2013

It's a good hostel. Really close to the underground (metro station), just in the other side of the street. The toilets are not very good though. The rooms are ok, but in the first floor theres a lot of noise from the street. The staff works on the bar, so its not that easy to reach them at night. But they are great!

Only stayed one night the hostel seems to get a lot of much older people passing through, not the best atmosphere but reasonably priced and well located. More effort to match the ages of people in dorms would be helpful.

Hey there, thanks for leaving some feedback. It looks like you came in just after the rush for the European festivals started. We feel allocating rooms based on age is a little discriminative and hence its not something we do however we have a fantastic chill out room & bar where you can socialize and meet other guests. Dont forget about the staff, they like yourself are all travelers and always up for a chat and a drink! Safe and happy travels from here out, Cheers The St Christopher's team!

Great place to stay, very close to tube station. Awesome pub attached to hostel with great drinks and food. Will definitely stay here again :)

Good place to lay your head. Rms are a little stuffy, showers a little small. The bar downstairs is great!

Hey there, Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We appreciate it. We are a little hostel there is no denying that but what we lack in space we certainly make up for in a good experience. Glad you enjoyed your stay here with us! Hope to see you again if you ever pass by! Safe and happy travels, The St Christopher's team.

Very good hostel. Only a kitchen or fridge for the guests was lacking, but aside from that excellent hostel!

Hey there, Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback. We really do appreciate it as it helps us improve. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us. Being right next door to a Supermarket and a range of fantastic eatery places that food storage is not a usual thing. A large number of our guests are only about for one or two days and usually enjoy the great 25% discount on our food menu anyway! It is diffidently something we will take on board and consider though. Cheers!