St Christopher's Village Reviews

165 Borough High Street, London, England

I wouldnot reccommend you - they woudnot let me in without a passport so you get get my thumbs down in everything

• 13th Apr 2014

One thing we take very seriously at The Village is security, which is why we require a valid passport or european identity card from every guest wanting to check-in, regardless of where they are from. We do apologize for the inconvenience this seems to have caused you and wish you all the best on your onward travels.

There was only two plugs for appliances and a bar below. It was a noisy night, It's not suitable for anyone unless you are a easy sleeper. Also, a pack of bread was stolen by others in the room. The luggage storage and computer facilities charge for usage. It s not friendly to the one who stay there. The toilet and bathroom was horrible. It's really small and dirty. Yet, the price was fair for anyone who look for a bed for sleep only. It is a disappointing hostel.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your your thoughts but we're sorry to hear the hostel might not have lived up to your expectations in certain areas. As we do have quite a lively social bar downstairs, at times, it can get a bit loud. We were not aware though that it could be head from the rooms and will immediately look into improving it. As for the lockers they are £4 for 24 hours and and the computers and 50p for 15 minutes which is quite reasonable and common practice among hostels.

A lot of things were lacking. They didn't provide free ear plugs (as promised in their welcome package), the room door was creaky and closes with a loud noise not allowing people to sleep at night. Light in one toilet wasn't working in one toilet and that wasn't fixed despite a complaint. Wifi didn't work and the staff, though polite didn't provide any help to resolve it. I reached 2 hours before my check in time and had to wait for the entire two hours before checking in which was unreasonable.

We're sorry to hear the hostel may not have lived up to your expectations in certain areas. As for the ear plugs we offer them free of charge from behind reception, you just have to let the receptionist you would like a pair. We're sorry if the light in the toilet was not fixed in a timely fashion but at times we do get quite busy in reception so it might take just a bit longer. As for check-in it is stated clearly on our website that it is at 2. We do apologize for any inconvenience.

Good location and helpful staff. Nice breakfast. But the toilet is a bit smelly, and the facilities are so old that the bed sheets are even yellow. But it's still acceptable with such a low price.

I really enjoyed my stay at St.Cristophers, very nice place. The location is perfect, it's just off the London bridge, 2min from The famous Borough market where you can get some of the, dare I say best food in whole of London. If you are in London It's a must visit. The hostel staff is very nice, hostel is cleaned every day without exceptions. There Is sainsbury's just across the street too. Recommended. I will stay there again.

Good stay with nice staff. Arrived jet lagged, but got a very good nights sleep. The only problem is not enough sockets for electronics.

It was an okay hostel but very noisy as it was on a main road, closing the windows didn't make a difference. The breakfast was decent, some cold meats, fruit yoghurt cereals and toast. They were happy to let me lurk around the common room after check out while I waited for a bus.

The people at the check-in were really friendly and helpful, the staff from the resturant seemed quite annoyed and unfriendly. The room was small and it had only two plugs for six people. The location is excellent if one considers the price. One can walk to the tower in ten Minutes, St. Pauls in 20 and the Parlament in around 30 Minutes. Two tube-stations are with reach of a five minute footwalk. Breakfast is quite miserable but ok and the showers could use some reconstruction.

• 10th Mar 2014

Very Nice Hostel, in the middle of the city with an awesome staff!

• 7th Mar 2014

This was the nastiest hostel I've ever stayed in. Showers were disgusting, only 2 plugs to share between 14 people and the staff wasn't anywhere near helpful. Renting a towel was beyond expensive and the whole place smelled. Never staying at a st Christopher's again.

• 7th Mar 2014

High recommended! My stay was great. The hostel is well located, walking distance to many attractions and facilities. There is a nice chilling area and a pub attached to the hostel, I traveled by myself and I was able to make a lot of friends and have a good time at the pub.

I stayed here for 2 nights, the hostel is ok for the price... in London it's a cheap priced and good located hostel. The atmosphere is perfect for meeting people and have a lot of fun with them at the bar. The breakfast is great, the staff is very friendly. The only comply I have is about the security and cleanliness, there was in my room a missed iphone and I thing it was one of the guys who checked out very early at the morning (of course the hostel can't do nothing to control this).

Great location, nice staff and excellent value for the price. I would recommend the place.

Hey, Sounds like you had a good time at the Village. That's awesome! We agree that our staff are pretty nice and we're definitely value for money. Hopefully we'll see you again soon!

No problem. Good average hostel :)

Hi there! We're so happy you enjoyed yourself! Hopefully you'll come back and we can make your next stay even better. See you soon hopefully! Many Thanks, The St Christopher's Team

We were trying to sleep earlier so we can do our tour early the following day but it was still a little noisy by midnight because of the karaoke so we put our earphones on to minimize the noise. It worked. Sleep well. For the price we pay, definitely worth coming back . Thank you for making the room clean and having fresh sheets. Will definitely recommend to others.

• 10th Feb 2014

Hi! It's great you had a great time and enjoyed our brand new sheets :). Karaoke can get a bit loud at times but that's part of the fun! That is why we provide free earplugs and it's a good thing that you took advantage for a quiet nights sleep. Hopefully you'll tell your friends and we'll see you again in the future! Many Thanks, The St Christopher's Team

I waited more from a St Christopher hostel. Just 2 switch plug in a 8 bed room, and a very short breakfast. That is definitely a top hostel (like others from St Christophers)

Hi, Sorry that you found the hostel lacking, we do our best to provide a great time and great facilities to all our guests. Unfortunately some buildings in London are old and it makes upgrading the electrical system difficult, we do have plenty of sockets in our chill out room which is open 24/7. Breakfast is open for 2 hours between 7 am and 9 am. I'm sorry if you found it to be too short and we'll take that into consideration. Hopefully we'll see you again and do better

Is a great place...

• 1st Feb 2014
  • El Salvador

Hi, It's great that you enjoyed yourself here! We think we're pretty great as well! Hopefully we'll see you soon. The St Christopher's Team

I only stayed for one night, and didn't spend much time at the hostel, so security, staff and facility reviews are mostly based on a general impression. The room was very nice though, and check in/out was extremely quick and easy. Karaoke was very fun, and no one will even look at you angry for coming in to sleep at 2am on a Monday (which is nice, at some places you feel like you killed someone if you accidentally wake someone up on a week night). The location is amazing, and the price great.

Hi, Great that you enjoyed your time with us so much! We're a party hostel so it's pretty common for people to et back into the rooms late, most people don't mind because they were out partying as well! Hopefully we'll see you again soon. Many thanks, The St Christopher's Team

Very good stay, nothing to complain about, would definitely

Hi there! Glad you enjoyed your stay! Hopefully we'll see you again in the future! Many Thanks The St Christopher's Team

I've been staying here whenever I've need hostel accommodation in London for about 11 years. The fact that I keep coming back indicates that it's good though it is starting to look rather dated compared to newer hostels (those founded in the last 5 years). Bathrooms are a little grubby though I'm sure the cleaners do their best within an ageing building. I suggest that it's a prime hostel to have a thorough renovation and relaunch to reflect the changing demands of backpackers.

Hi, It's great that you've been staying at St Christopher's for 11 years! It's always awesome to hear about guests like you, means we must be doing something right! you'll be glad to know we're are starting the process of refurbishing the hostel now, it'll take a while but bit by bit we'll get there! Hopefully you'll be back for another 11 years! Thanks for your loyalty! The St Christopher's team

« first « Prev 1 2 3