St Christopher's Village Reviews

165 Borough High Street, London, England

A rather noisy hostel with people coming and going through the night and having after parties, or long phone conversations at 4 am, in the hallway just outside one's room. No sound insulation whatsoever so for sleeping this place was indeed not the best (but that of course depends on the people you are blessed with as your co-stayers), the staff were really nice though and the facilities and location superb. Luggage storage was bit expensive to my tastes, and the private room very small.

Overall, it's nice hostel! Of course, the corridors were really cold because they opened windows for ventilation. But the room was so warm

I enjoyed the feel of the hostel but the huge dorm was quite cold right next to the window... It also had a funky smell...

• 31st Jan 2016

Thank you so much for the review. We're happy you enjoyed your stay for the most part but sorry if you found a few issues. As for the draft in your room, we can assure you that this has been taken care of since your visit as it was not an issue we were previously aware of. In regards to the funky smell,we can also assure you that it ain't so funky any more! :D..................o.0 Thanks again and safe travels!

Such a good stay! So clean, helpful and friendly staff, super fast wi-fi and FREE LAUNDRY!!! Will definitely be back,

• 24th Jan 2016

Thanks so much for the review, we're so happy you enjoyed your stay! It also sounds like you took advantage of a lot of our facilities for guests, which is what we like to hear ;) Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels.

One of your dryers didn't work very well, but overall I loved the place.

I really loved this hostel. I stayed in London on 3 separate occasions, and each time I came back to this hostel. The staff are very friendly, and facilities are always tidy. My favorite amenity was definitely the complimentary breakfast which is substantial considering the total price paid to stay here right in central London.

Thanks so much for the review! We are so happy you have made St. Christopher's Village your home in London. Also thank you for the kind words about the staff and the facilities, we will make sure they are passed on :) Please don't stay gone too and get stay number 4 booked soon !!!

Overall the staff was very nice, however the cleaning crew was very obnoxious and not very kind. Had a great stay apart from that, would definitely recommend!

Hi there, thank you so much for your review. We will pas the words to our staff whether they are bad or good. It helps us improving. Take care, we still hope to see you soon. Safe travel ;)

My friend and I had an amazing time! The bar with the hostel was really nice, and even if it was really crowded, we didn't hear anything in our room. The breakfast was so good, much better than in any other hostel!

We're so happy to hear you had such a nice stay, it sounds like our party hostel atmosphere agreed with you and your friend ;) Also thank you for the kind words about our complimentary breakfast., we will make sure they are passed on to our kitchen team. As we are all backpackers ourselves, we understand how necessary a good free breakfast is after a night of parting hard. We're glad you all were able to take advantage of it :) Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels.

No lockers. Had to buy a padlock to keep things in a crate under the bed which wasn't very secure, had big holes in too so people could easily get things out. I stayed in a shared bedroom for 3 nights and the other people I stayed with were very very annoying. They woke up very early and had no consideration for the people still asleep. They'd play loud music, shout across the room etc. I was woken up in the middle of the night by a girl flashing a torch in my face to try and wake me.

• 15th Jan 2016

Hi there thank you for your review. We are sorry that some aspects of your stay were quite disappointing. We have coin operated lockers in our chill out area, plus free lockers under you bed. You just need to bring your own padlock. Next time you have a bad experience with the people sharing the room with you, please ask a member of staff, we are here to help. Take care ;)

Great time but expensive worth the money though

Terrible breakfast for the price you pay to stay there, almost nothing to eat. Besides of that, the cleaning staff is very helpfull.

Hi there there ! Thank you so much for your feed back. I must say that I am very surprised as we usually have great review about our breakfast. It includes orange and apple juice, coffee, tea, milk, 3 different types of cereals, toast, ham, cheese, fruit salad, yoghurt and it is free. We still hope to see you soon in one of our locations. Take care ;)

Wifi did not allow some apps on my phone to be used which did not allow me to communicate home. Staff were hit and miss, some were very nice and others weren't. Was quite clean. Place felt overcrowded. Breakfast was good but again too crowded. Location is good. Is really just another hostel which doesn't offer anything out of ordinary. Checkout time is too early.

Thank you for the review but we're sorry to hear certain aspects of our hostel might not have lived up to your expectations. As for our wi-fi, we're sorry if you found it to be spotty at times but we must admit this is the first case we are hearing of this happening. As we just had our wi-fi upgraded to a fully fiber-optic system and, lit the whole building up like a christmas tree from top to bottom so to speak, our wi-fi now surpasses even the likes of Buckingham Palace :p Regardless, we will take you comments into consideration and investigate this matter further. As for your comments about the staff as this is an issue we would like to address personally as to ensure future guests do not have this same impression, we have also sent you a personal email in order to try and obtain some more details. Regardless of these issues, we do hope you still enjoyed your time in London.

This was my first experience staying in a hostel and I would highly recommend it

Preach it boy preach it! Spread that good word :D

The beds are very comfortable, excellent hostel, in front, there is a super market, the metro station is 3 min by foot from the hostel and there is a bar, so, is really so good!!

Hey thanks so much for the review, we're so happy you enjoyed your stay! It also sounds like you took advantage of our central location, which is what we like to hear ;) As well thank you for the kind words about our bedding. As we are all backpackers ourselves, we understand the necessity of having somewhere comfortable to lay your head after a long day of exploring a new city. Where so glad you liked it :) Thanks again for your feedback and all the best on your onward travels.

Everything was perfect!!

• 10th Jan 2016
  • Finland

Hello, thank you so much for leaving us this great review. We will tell everybody, hope to see you again soon. It was pleasure to have you ;)

You guys were great and really helpful organizing things and with good advice. The locker system really needs a bit of a work out. If you want more than a day then you have to extend it after it requests for a full day more of coin and not before otherwise it will only give you the extra hour. Otherwise loved it. Way better than Gare De Nord in Paris.

The hostel is not too bad. But I will not recommend it for the showers, at this price, this location we have to has real showers. And about the clean, well, this is really correct. I mean, they clean everyday, but not enough, need some work to repair, and for more security. For the others things, well, I'm happy. It's a good hostel and the staff are polite. BUT I REPEAT, NEED SOME WORKS TO ARRANGE ALL THE SHOWERS AND SOME DOORS. AND SOME ELECTRIC FACILITIES INSIDE ROOMS TOO

Hi there tank you for leaving us a review. We value our guests comments as it helps us being even better! You will be happy to know that we are currently refurbishing all of our bathrooms and rooms, so if you some visit us I am sure you will be pleased. Thanks again and safe travels!

Fantastic time and caring staff

• 4th Jan 2016

Thank you so much. We will pass the kind words to our staff members. Take care and safe travel !

Good location with Tower Bridge and Shard close and very close to two stations. There is a nice bar with good food and good atmosphere. Staff was reliable although not nice nor smiley. Very good facilities like confortable beds, showers and toilets were cleaned often. Good breakfast on top. So had a good time and recommend this hostel! I would definately go back.

• 4th Jan 2016
  • Portugal

We were very sorry to read that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as it perhaps could have been due to the possibility of our staff not being as friendly as they usually are. We hope the other elements of the hostel were to your liking and that you enjoyed this great city of London. Until next time, take care!

Second time back here. Great location very close to London Bridge tube station which has you in easy reach to most London attractions. Rooms are clean and tidy and bathrooms clean. Lockable cages under the beds will hold most sized bags and backpacks. GREAT free breakfast and the bar is great for good priced drinks and meals. Only downside is no kitchen but they are across the road from a Sainsburys with microwave meals etc (they do have a microwave and fidge). Great hostel

Hey there, This is what we like to hear. Come back soon ;)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7