St Christopher's Village Reviews

165 Borough High Street, London, England

Compared to other hostels it wasn't my favorite. The best part was location and the bar attached, ppl are social always down to chill. However no wifi in the room I was in or at the bar only in the lobby, two outlets for a room of 8 and the showers and bathrooms weren't working half the time. Compared to other hostels I've been to they can def work on fixing up their amenities but had a great time there regardless!

• 14th Jul 2014

Good place, the showers were a bit messy, but otherwise no real complaints. Staff seemed helpful but we didn't really need them. Happy :)

• 11th Jul 2014

Thanks so much for the review, we would love to have you back anytime! Also thank you for the kind words about the staff, we will make sure and pass them on. As for the showers we are currently undergoing renovations on most of the hostel itself so I guarantee if you ever find yourself back at The Village, you will be pleasantly surprised ;) Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels.

Room was not made up when we arrived, water did not run , bathrooms were very dirty.

• 11th Jul 2014

I think it was bad that I needed my own padlock for the lockers.

• Austria

people who are smoking in front of the bar,make so much noise,all the front of the building being affected by the bar

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts but we're sorry to hear though that your stay may not have been as pleasant as it could have been due to external noise. Unfortunately, with our central location and the busy street environment surrounding the hostel itself, at times, this can be unavoidable. Thank you though for informing us about how bad it can be at the front of the building, this is something we will definitely be looking into improving. All the best and safe travels!

water didnt work for a while

Stayed for one night in Jul 2014. This is definitely a party hostel. Not that it's a bad thing, just be aware going in. They have beer pong balls and cups available at the bar if that gives you a frame of reference. Stayed in an 8 bed mixed. Beds were comfortable and clean, downside is that there was only two outlets for the room. There's good security, key cards to access the hostel from the bar and for each room. Staff was friendly and there's easy access to London Bridge tube.

lockers in rooms:) AMAIZING views and atmosphere from roof top! power point at each bunk bed yay! luggage storage is quite expensive and not always available :( - we asked for directions to a certain bus stop for us to get to the airport the man who helped us did so in return for a cig...which is weird however he started telling is he was drunk then pulled his pants down at the bus driver who then refused us, we then had to get a taxi to the airport costing £15 very unprofessional

The worst hostel i have ever been

Fun palace to stay. The common room was not very social but the bar had a good atmosphere. The large dorm had a skylight which made the 4:30am sunrise a pain. The hostel attracts a lot of partiers which was fun.

Me and my girlfriend had a private double. The room was clean, all though the bin was full when we checked in, and there was a pair of shoes there, but the cleaning lady fixed that. It's a 20 min walk to the Thames, staff is friendly and helpful. But as far as value goes, it is so loud there, never a quiet moment all night, and hard to get some sleep, because of guests just walking, or cleaning starting at 7 in the morning. It was loud. Showers was boiling hot without an option to change it.

wifi was pretty bad and the girls showers were disgusting but location is excellent! If you like walking there's heaps to see by foot and saves on the expensive underground tickets. Free breakfast is also good and they provided free walking tours of London. I would stay here again!

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Safe and close to the Tube. Tried using their movie theater but projector was broken and staff didn't know when it would be fixed. Computers were down as well. Good quality otherwise

Overall a decent enough hostel, the computers were down during my stay which wasn't great, you also had to pay extra for things such as towel rental which I wasn't aware of. The room itself was comfortable enough, though it got unbearably warm during the night. The attached bar/restaurant was cool with drinks offers and live sport being shown.

Extremely dirty, very few shower for many people and in very bad conditions. They charge you for everything. excellent pub downstairs though and the staff is nice.

My friend and I really enjoyed our stay in bath! The staff was awesome and mark and Blake made us feel really welcome! Would definitely come back again.

The bar in the basement was really fun just to chill out at. The free breakfast was nice, but there was no kitchen to use for lunch or dinner which was a little inconvenient.

I was satisfied with the stay. Staff was friendly enough, and the bar atmosphere was pretty good.

Fun hostel, but facilities were not ideal. Toilets were broken for about half my stay. Otherwise, pretty good hostel.

We just went to London for 5 days which was mostly uncommon in comparison with all the other guests. Most of the guests are touring through Europe, which is amazing because you can talk with a lot of people about anything! The atmosphere was also good, there are a lot of young travelers and the bar was crowded also with local people. In short it was a great hostel to meet new people location is good near the subway and free breakfast is included

• 19th Jun 2014

Hey we're so glad you had an enjoyable stay and hope to see you again! It sounds like you took advantage of our social hostel atmosphere and our central location, which is what we like to hear ;) Take care and don't stay away too long.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4