St Christopher's Village Reviews

165 Borough High Street, London, England

Right place for backpackers, ideal for staying shorter than 7 days.

Thanks so much for the review, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay :) Take care and safe onward travels!

Great location (near the tube), awesome people and friendly staff! Loved my stay at this hostel and am missing London so much because of this place! To the Italian guy working at the reception at night whom I talked to for the past two nights, thanks for your recommendations I changed my itinerary slightly and am heading to Siena before going to Rome!! :)

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and would love to see you again! We will make sure the staff know how much you appreciated their help, I'm sure they will love to hear it! Take care and all the best on your onward travels!

Great place, fun bars and community areas and rooftop area for hanging, and good breakfast in morning time. Good location, safe and lots of options for toilets and showers, never really have to wait or deal with too many folks using them etc. Great spot Ill be back if in London for sure. Thanks!!

Thanks so much for the review, we would love to have you back anytime! It sounds like you took full advantage of our amenities for guests, which is what we like to hear ;) Take care and all the best on your onward travels!

The staff were wonderfully helpful and very friendly they went out their way to help me. I have major mobility issues the purpose of my visit was to meet with my long estranged brother during his very short visit to London. He joined me for breakfast your amazing staff went out of their way to make our meeting the best it could be. Please do pass on my thanks and gratitude to them all both at 161 & 165 Borough High St and they deserve to be commended,

• 26th Sep 2014

We're so happy you had such a pleasant stay and would love to see you again! We're also so glad to hear you and your brother had such a nice visit and hope you all have been able to stay in touch since. We will make sure and pass the good news on to the staff and wish you all the best! Take care and please keep in touch. Thanks again from the crew, St. Christopher's Village & 121 St. Christopher's Inn

Great beds and very nice staff! Very close to london bridge And easy to find

Thanks so much! It sounds like you took advantage of our central location, which is what we like to hear ;) Also thanks so much for the kind words about the staff, we will make sure and pass them on! Take care and all the best on your onward travels :)

Really fun hostel to be at. The walking tour was an awesome way to see key parts of the city, and the bar was a solid place to kick back and relax after a day of sight-seeing. Friendly staff that were able to help with any question we had. 10 bed room only had 2 electrical outlets which is a bit outrageous. 22 bed room had many more which was nice.

Showers are not clean at all.

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts but we're sorry to hear certain parts of the hostel might not have lived up to your expectations. We diligently clean our showers and toilets 3 times a day and once at night but as I'm sure you can imagine, in a hostel with 225+ beds, they get quite a bit of use. Regardless, we do our best to stay on-top of them. We do hope this didn't impact your stay to much and wish you the best on your onward travels.

Loved the whole place. It's within walking distance to a few of the main attractions, and easy access to the underground. Staff is friendly and upbeat. The rooms and bathrooms are clean, and the breakfast is great. Wished I could have stayed longer. Cheers guys

We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again :) It also sounds like you took full advantage of our facilities for guests and our central location, which is what we like to hear ;) Also thank you for the kind words about the staff, we will make sure and pass them on. Please if you ever find yourself in London again, don't be a stranger!

Very convenient location! It was definitely a plus to be close to 2 tube stations. The hostel itself may use a minor facelift but otherwise, it's clean with great amenities. Loved the fact that washer and dryer was included! Would stay there again.

Hey, we're so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and would love to see you again anytime :) It also sounds like you took full advantage of our central location and our facilities for our fellow backpackers, which is what we like to hear ;) Also, as we are currently undergoing renovations, we guarantee if you ever find yourself at The Village you will be pleasantly surprised. Thanks so much again and all the best on your onward travels!

Overall there are many worse hostels than this in London. The staff are great, the beds good and location better. The downsides are that the common room is old and stuffy. It needs a little work. The bathrooms are very dated, they work, they are somewhat clean, but need updating. Lastly more sockets needed throughout the building.

The location is very good transportation-wise. But it's on a very bust street and you can constantly hear ambulance or police car sirens going through super loudly. Not recommendable to those who have light sleeps. And the wifi, it's very unstable and you have to log in every once in a short while which is really annoying. Showers are clean but you can't adjust the water temperature, which is pretty hot. Other than that the atmosphere is great to meet people.

Thanks so much for the review but we're sorry to hear certain aspects of the hostel might not have lived up to your expectations. As you say, our hostel is smack-dab in the center of the city but as we are on one of the busiest, and most convenient, high streets in London at times you can get some noise in the rooms. For just such an occasion we do offer free ear-plugs at reception but can assure you this is not a normal thing. As for the WI-fi and showers we will look into this immediately.

Love this hostel!! Was my second time staying here - dead center of London, very close to the underground, London Bridge and many other sites. Bar downstairs and pub crawls are awesome. Definitely recommend!

Thanks so much for the review, we're so glad you have made The Village your home in London! It also sounds like you took advantage of our central location and amenities for guests, which is what we like to hear ;) Thanks again and please, if you ever find yourself back in London don't be a stranger :) All the best and safe onward travels!

Rooms very noisy due to busy high street outside, showers and facilities very basic but fine. The whole place was ok for a couple of cheap nights but i wouldnt spend longer. Great being so close to the public transport, though.

Great staff and great people around everyone is very friendly and helpful. Very clean!! Would stay here again!!

Thanks so much for the review, we would love to have you back anytime! Also thank you for the kind words about the staff and the hostel itself, we will make sure and pass them on ;) Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels!

Great value for money during the weekdays. It needs a little money spent on it with sockets and new facilities, but it works well.

So if you want absolutely zero sleep at night, want to party constantly and sleep during the day and you are not visiting during the sweltering summer months this place could be for you. Maybe my expectations were too high after staying at St Christophers at the Winston... they charged you for fans, instead of providing them in room. Tacky, considering how hot it was. People were loud, drunk and stomping around the halls which woke you up about 2x a hour. will not stay again.

• 30th Aug 2014

I really loved this hostel. The staff was great! Having free breakfast & an in-house bar was awesome! Rooftop terrace is really chill to play cards, beer pong or just chill. 5 minute walk to tube station. Free under bed storage lockers worked great. Bring your own padlock! Take advantage of Free Walking Tours! If you're lucky, your guide will be Luke. He was a GREAT tour guide!! I would totally stay at St. Christopher's Village again! Great hostel!

Good hostel with free breakfast, nice clean rooms, good Atmosphere, pub downstairs with Karaoke, lots of activities to do

We're so glad you had a nice stay and would love to see you again! It sounds like you took full advantage of our amenities for guests, which is what we like to hear ;) Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels!

I am happy with my stay there; the bed was comfortable, rooms were clean and information was all over for everybody to know. Internet in the room and breakfast every morning were a huge plus. The location is quite amazing and I suppose that is why the price was a bit steep. I loved the staff, the way they work and behaved to me, and I especially liked the blonde girl - she's gorgeous :D. Keep in mind to bring 3 things: a towel, your own lock and a 3 pin plug. Hope I come back one day. Cheers!

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Romania

We're so happy you enjoyed your stay and would love to have you back any time! As backpackers ourselves we understand the need for a nice complementary breakfast after a night of partying hard and good wi-fi to be able to keep in-touch with friends and family back home, it's nice to hear you enjoyed it ;) Also thank you so much for the kind words about the staff, we will make sure and pass them on :D Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels!

I was a returning customer, so obviously i like it. Great neighborhood, the place is neither too big nor too small, there's a bar open till late, an outdoors terrace, overall it's one of my fave hostels in London, and i have stayed in quite a few.

Thanks so much for the review! It sounds like you have made The Village your home in London, which is what we like to hear :D Please stop by again, even if just for a drink ;)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5