St Christopher's Village Reviews

165 Borough High Street, London, England

A great place, super clean even though they were doing some remodeling. The food was a bit pricey but the breakfast was great. The showers were small but super clean. The guys on the desk were very helpful in planning things to do and how to get around. Overall just a great place.

First time staying in a hostel and traveling and I loved it here. The staff was friendly and helpful, the chill out room was very nice as well. I stayed in a mixed dorm of 14 and it was great. The only issue was that there was no wifi in the rooms and the plugs were limited. It never got too loud, but I was on the third floor away from the bars. If you're looking to meet great people, in a decent location this is a great hostel.

• 12th May 2015

Hi, We really appreciate you taking the time to review us. So glad that you enjoyed your time with us. If you decide to stay with us again at some point, you will be happy to know that we are getting brand new fiber optic wifi throughout the building. Cheers ;)

Nice clean and warm bed. There was free laundry services too!

Thank you so much for the review. Is there anything more important that a clean/warm cosy bed? :) The free laundry is a nice bonus, add to that the amazing staff (and amazing guests!), our cool bars (25% discounts for hostels guests) roof terrace (with amazing views of London), private lockers under every bed. fantastic location (think The shard, London Bridge, Borough Market, South bank, London eye) and more! hope to see you again - happy travels

The room was fine and clean, with great lockers under the bed, however if you are at all concerned with wifi, it does not reach the rooms. One of the few places you can actually get it is in the "chill room" which has possibly the most worn and uncomfortable furniture. Other than that, the staff was friendly, London is amazing and it was easy enough to get everywhere from that location. I had a great stay!

Thank you so much for the review. We pride ourselves on being friendly helpful staff :) and of course clean rooms, good quality lockers for everyone and a great location (we have it all!). Wifi and a new chill-out room are coming! we will very very soon have upgraded wifi connections (and stronger signals through the building). Don't forget our sunny roof terrace (with amazing views) and our amazing bars (25% discount for hostel guests!) are great places to chill. Happy travels :)

Although one member of the staff was extremely friendly and willing to help, others were not. I forgot my phone charger at home and I asked them if they have any for to borrow for a short time. But they didn't. By my opinion a hostel like this in 2015 should have at least few chargers since there are only 3 types of chargers in use. They have a metal box for your stuff under the bed which makes a lot of noise when you open or close it and you must bring your own locket with you. I had to pay 4£

Hostel was as I expected. Really enjoyed having the bar downstairs and there was a good atmosphere even though we were only staying one night. Room was a decent size, everything was comfy and the staff were always helpful when we needed to know something. Would stay again

Good location, helpful staff. Would definitely stay again!!

Hello, Thank you for your review! So happy that you really enjoyed your time with us. See you soon ;)

It was very fun in terms of yours, however they made us switch rooms halfway through our stay, despite booking in advance.

Hello, Thank you for your review, glad you enjoyed your stay. We apologize for the inconvenience, we try as much as possible not to make people change room but sometime it is very complicated. We wish you the best for your future travel and take care !

Average hostel. We had to change rooms because they booked too many people which was inconvenient. The bathrooms were kind of dirty. However the location was good and they set us up with a lot of good walking tours.

Hey! Thank you for taking the time for leaving us a review. We do apologize that your stay with us was not very positive. We apologize about the cleanliness, our housekeeping clean rooms and bathrooms every day. We are also doing renovation works in bathrooms. We hope this does not put you off staying with us in the future. Happy travels !

Great hostel overall. The wifi doesn't work in the rooms but other than that I had few complaints. The beds were clean, you are provided a rolling cage under the bunk to lock your stuff in and the breakfast is okay as well. Location is pretty sweet as well as you're right near London bridge and the tube station is 2 minute walk down the road

Hello, thank you for your feedback. Great to hear that you like your stay and take advantage of our free breakfast and location. Sorry about the wifi, we have already planned to get a new one, it is a work in progress. See you soon ;)

Bathroom was not very clean, warm water is not always available. They need to fix the faucet of the men's bathroom as it is very difficult to shut off. I often see the faucet not shut off properly an water leaking out all the time. No blow dryer available. The cleaning staff was very rude, on one SATURDAY morning at around 9 am, the cleaning lady held opened our dorm's door and started cleaning, she also started a LOUD conversation with her fellow colleague, making it impossible to sleep...

Really nice hostel, helpful staff. Thank you

Hi there, thank you very much for your feedback. It's so great to hear when our guests love us as much as we love having them! We hope to see you back ASAP!

WiFi cuts in and out; the water in the building stopped running twice during my stay. The bathrooms are very dirty for a hostel in a major city. Upper bunks have to reach for a plug (tough if you have a short cord). Worst thing about this hostel is the staff. Not only could they not answer some of the most basic questions about London, they generally carried the attitude of a disinterested teenager. Location is ok. The attached bar was always filled which was good. Otherwise, bad execution.

• 23rd Apr 2015

There are no individual lights or plugs/sockets (there's a hostel response to a review from march 2015 stating that they were remodeling to add per bed plugs, but not in my room). There was a single, short, extension, for 8 beds. The wifi only works in the 1st floor, and not very well. The bathrooms were often dirty. I had to ask in the reception for toilet paper, which was promptly replaced. A shout out to Laura and Peter for their help during my stay.

We're sorry to read you might not have enjoyed certain parts of our hostel as much as others. As for the individual power-points per bunk, the response you read from last month is correct, we are in the process of installing them for every bed. We are very sorry we hadn't reached your room by your visit. As for the WiFi this is something we are also in the process of updating so that it will reach every room in the building. Thanks again and safe onward travels.

The value and location for this hostel couldn't be better, it's clean, good bar and very friendly staff. Has a more professional atmosphere then a friendly hostel one. Also charge for keeping bags after checkout which in not cool.

this being big bar on the week end it can feel that you are in club, which depending on you mind set this can make you feel good or bad, for me i love it, but still when you go to room , they quite well sound isolated s and wifi works ,and of course and the free typical cereal toast buffet break fast

Hiya !! Thank you so much for leaving us a review. We are glad you liked the hostel and our free continental breakfast. We hope to see you soon :)

quite awesome bar downstairs and the location is really convenient

Thanks so much! All the best on your onward travels :)

I was alone staying in a 8bed dorm. There were only men in my room. I woke at 4 o' clock on friday night because a man was in my bed touching all my body and especially my bum. I went to the reception and the man who was sitting behind the desk has been really nice and helpful. I left the room for another one were only women were sleeping and i didn't have to deal with the creepy man who was in my bed. The staff dealt with the situation.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Hey! Thank you for taking the time for leaving us a review. At first we would apologies about the issue you experienced in your room. As you say our staff dealt with the situation by changing your room straight away but they also removed this guest from the hostel and he is from now on barred from our facilities. We are sorry that your stay with us was not very positive mainly because of this problem. We hope this does not put you off staying with us in the future Happy and safe travels ;)

Great location near borough market and London Bridge tube station, and out of the super business of central London. Wish the bathrooms were cleaned more regularly and not in the middle of the morning. Good deal though and good offers on pub crawls and one of the better breakfast selections I've seen in a free breakfast. Would definitely recommend to others.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review. We look forward to seeing you again! we are sorry to hear your disappointment regarding the cleanliness, normally our showers and toilets are cleaned several times a day Happy travels!

My experience at the hostel was very bad. I would never go back there. My girlfriend and I had a double bed room for us, but it was not possible to rest at all. There was an emergency door right close to our room, always being opened and closed making a lot of noise, people from the other rooms would stay up all night long, getting drunk, shouting and stomping really loud. It seemed there was no control at all. We even moved to a different rooms but it was worthless. On top of that: dirty shower

Hello, Thank-you for taking the time out to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear that your stay here didn't quite live up to your expectations. The emergency door inconvenience is a problem that we are currently fixing Our staff is always here to help you, if you think other guests are too noisy, please feel free to tell us so we can find a solution. We are also very sorry to hear your disappointment regarding the cleanliness, normally our showers and toilets are cleaned several times a day

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5