St Christopher's Village Reviews

165 Borough High Street, London, England

I am happy with my stay there; the bed was comfortable, rooms were clean and information was all over for everybody to know. Internet in the room and breakfast every morning were a huge plus. The location is quite amazing and I suppose that is why the price was a bit steep. I loved the staff, the way they work and behaved to me, and I especially liked the blonde girl - she's gorgeous :D. Keep in mind to bring 3 things: a towel, your own lock and a 3 pin plug. Hope I come back one day. Cheers!

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Romania

Friendly and multilingual staff, you cannot be lost in the hostel. Excellent breakfast, perfect location (London Bridge) and the numerous partnerships with the bar nearby are excellent for having a cheaper stay in this hostel.

Had a blast getting to know the other hostel mates, and i found the nightly pub crawls to be very fun!

St. Christophers was fun, but dont expect to sleep much. Like the website says, people are there to party and it gets very loud. People were coming into my room at all hours of the night. Gets old, but I overall had a good stay. Bathrooms were almost always dirty and the building is very hot and stuffy. Also, computers in the lobby were broken our entire stay, about a week.

Beds made for frodo and his hobbit mates, really expensive food at the bar and no kitchen

They lose our reservation and put us in the wrong room... The village was 2min far and was awful, no wifi inside the room and just one bathroom....

Because of the overbooking I had to stay in separated building of my friends. The internet does not work in the rooms.

Good hostel reception staff very nice but bar staff seemed dismissive and not very friendly. private rooms vastly overpriced even considering the great location. Additionally, basement storage area stank of sewage which was very unpleasant.

Next to my bed, there was one couple looked like tangled up all night every morning. I felf really uncomfortable and unreliable. And there was only one outlet to charge electric things so it was very hard for me to find my one to plug in.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • South Korea

It was so nice to stay there! We could go outside very easy, and saw beautiful night view! Especially i like the security. Security is the most important thing to me. It was nice, so i recomend everyone

• 31st Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Thanks so much for the review, we're really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! It also sounds like you took advantage of our rooftop terrace, which is what we like to hear ;) One thing we take quite seriously at The Village is security. From our lockable storage lockers underneath the beds to our insured alarmed lockers in our common areas to our individualized key card system to our evening door staff, we want to do everything we can to make our guests feel safe, we're so glad you noticed :)

It's located between two metro stops that make it convenient. The staff were helpful but somewhat aloof. Lots of things in the bathrooms were out of order and not working. The beds were some of the best I've had.

Great hostel, the pub downstairs is nice :-) Only complain is the showers, so tiny space and only 2 for an entire floor.

Because of No air-conditioner in the room, the windows are open overnight and I heard the noisy of bus, people overnight, too. The room key is often out of order after shower!! But the location is quite good. And the facillity is very outstanding. All staffs are kind!

Really liked this place!!! Only thing I could say is more plugs are needed in the rooms and bathroom could be a bit cleaner but overall was not effected by either of these things. Bar downstairs

Hey, we're so glad you had a nice stay and would love to see you again :D As we are currently undergoing renovations in most of the hostel itself I guarantee if you find yourself back at The Village, you will be pleasantly surprised ;) Take care and all the best on your onward travels!

Overall it was a good stay. Didnt love the atmosphere. They have organised nights in the bar but they arent really the coolest night we've had. The staff were so much fun and so accommodating. We partied with the staff more then the people staying in the hostel

Overall was pretty good. Staff were super helpful and hostel was really well located. However showers were pretty gross.

Great location being within walking distance of two tube stations. Staff were really friendly apart from the girl in charge of reception who just sat there barking orders at the other girls. Good vibe abound the place with great facilities.

Compared to other hostels it wasn't my favorite. The best part was location and the bar attached, ppl are social always down to chill. However no wifi in the room I was in or at the bar only in the lobby, two outlets for a room of 8 and the showers and bathrooms weren't working half the time. Compared to other hostels I've been to they can def work on fixing up their amenities but had a great time there regardless!

• 14th Jul 2014

Hey thanks so much for the review! It sounds like you took full advantage of our social hostel atmosphere, which is what we like to hear ;) Unfortunately though, during your stay, we did have an unforeseeable plumbing issues that we can assure you has since been repaired. As we are currently in the process of renovating most of the hostel as well as updating our WI-fi, I think you will be quite pleased if you find yourself back at The Village ;) Not your favorite hostel? Challenge accepted!

I had a really bad experience here, mainly because someone stole money from me, my girlfriend and some other people staying in the room. Someone went through our locks in the room, and when we told the staff, weren't helpful and there were no cameras anywhere so the police couldn't do anything either.

Good place, the showers were a bit messy, but otherwise no real complaints. Staff seemed helpful but we didn't really need them. Happy :)

• 11th Jul 2014

Thanks so much for the review, we would love to have you back anytime! Also thank you for the kind words about the staff, we will make sure and pass them on. As for the showers we are currently undergoing renovations on most of the hostel itself so I guarantee if you ever find yourself back at The Village, you will be pleasantly surprised ;) Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5