St Christopher's Village Reviews

165 Borough High Street, London, England

Very convenient location! It was definitely a plus to be close to 2 tube stations. The hostel itself may use a minor facelift but otherwise, it's clean with great amenities. Loved the fact that washer and dryer was included! Would stay there again.

The location is very good transportation-wise. But it's on a very bust street and you can constantly hear ambulance or police car sirens going through super loudly. Not recommendable to those who have light sleeps. And the wifi, it's very unstable and you have to log in every once in a short while which is really annoying. Showers are clean but you can't adjust the water temperature, which is pretty hot. Other than that the atmosphere is great to meet people.

Love this hostel!! Was my second time staying here - dead center of London, very close to the underground, London Bridge and many other sites. Bar downstairs and pub crawls are awesome. Definitely recommend!

Rooms very noisy due to busy high street outside, showers and facilities very basic but fine. The whole place was ok for a couple of cheap nights but i wouldnt spend longer. Great being so close to the public transport, though.

Great staff and great people around everyone is very friendly and helpful. Very clean!! Would stay here again!!

Great value for money during the weekdays. It needs a little money spent on it with sockets and new facilities, but it works well.

So if you want absolutely zero sleep at night, want to party constantly and sleep during the day and you are not visiting during the sweltering summer months this place could be for you. Maybe my expectations were too high after staying at St Christophers at the Winston... they charged you for fans, instead of providing them in room. Tacky, considering how hot it was. People were loud, drunk and stomping around the halls which woke you up about 2x a hour. will not stay again.

• 30th Aug 2014

I really loved this hostel. The staff was great! Having free breakfast & an in-house bar was awesome! Rooftop terrace is really chill to play cards, beer pong or just chill. 5 minute walk to tube station. Free under bed storage lockers worked great. Bring your own padlock! Take advantage of Free Walking Tours! If you're lucky, your guide will be Luke. He was a GREAT tour guide!! I would totally stay at St. Christopher's Village again! Great hostel!

Good hostel with free breakfast, nice clean rooms, good Atmosphere, pub downstairs with Karaoke, lots of activities to do

We're so glad you had a nice stay and would love to see you again! It sounds like you took full advantage of our amenities for guests, which is what we like to hear ;) Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels!

I am happy with my stay there; the bed was comfortable, rooms were clean and information was all over for everybody to know. Internet in the room and breakfast every morning were a huge plus. The location is quite amazing and I suppose that is why the price was a bit steep. I loved the staff, the way they work and behaved to me, and I especially liked the blonde girl - she's gorgeous :D. Keep in mind to bring 3 things: a towel, your own lock and a 3 pin plug. Hope I come back one day. Cheers!

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Romania

We're so happy you enjoyed your stay and would love to have you back any time! As backpackers ourselves we understand the need for a nice complementary breakfast after a night of partying hard and good wi-fi to be able to keep in-touch with friends and family back home, it's nice to hear you enjoyed it ;) Also thank you so much for the kind words about the staff, we will make sure and pass them on :D Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels!

I was a returning customer, so obviously i like it. Great neighborhood, the place is neither too big nor too small, there's a bar open till late, an outdoors terrace, overall it's one of my fave hostels in London, and i have stayed in quite a few.

Thanks so much for the review! It sounds like you have made The Village your home in London, which is what we like to hear :D Please stop by again, even if just for a drink ;)

Good place, Belushis staff were a bit useless apart from that the hostel was good.

Friendly and multilingual staff, you cannot be lost in the hostel. Excellent breakfast, perfect location (London Bridge) and the numerous partnerships with the bar nearby are excellent for having a cheaper stay in this hostel.

Thanks so much for the review, we're really pleased you had an enjoyable stay! Also thanks so much for the kind words about the staff, we will make sure and pass them on :) It also sounds like you took advantage of our central location and our discounts for guests on food and drink at Belushi's bar next door, which is what we like to hear ;) All the best and please stop by if you find yourself in London again.

We were staying in a 8 bed mixed dorm on the 3rd floor and it was like a sauna. The room was extremely hot the whole time. So we ended spending the days on the rooftop patio they had. The showers were definitely not clean and they can do a much better job cleaning it up. The bar was nice but nothing special. The bar is a nice touch and the majority of the hostel rooms will be loud to 2-2:30 am almost every night of the week. All in all it was an average stay.

Had a blast getting to know the other hostel mates, and i found the nightly pub crawls to be very fun!

Hey, thanks so much for the review! It sounds like you took full advantage of our social hostel atmosphere and our nightly events for guests, which is what we like to hear ;) Take care and please stop by if you ever find yourself in London again, even if just for a drink ;)

St. Christophers was fun, but dont expect to sleep much. Like the website says, people are there to party and it gets very loud. People were coming into my room at all hours of the night. Gets old, but I overall had a good stay. Bathrooms were almost always dirty and the building is very hot and stuffy. Also, computers in the lobby were broken our entire stay, about a week.

Thanks so much for the review, we're glad you enjoyed your stay :) As you say we are classified a party hostel but 9 times out of 10 our guests quite considerate of people that are just looking to get some rest.We're sorry if you had a different experience then this.Also, we diligently clean our bathrooms 3 times per day and once at night but as I'm sure you can imagine, in a hostel with 220+ beds, they do get quite a bit of use. Regardless, we do our best to stay on-top of them. All the best

Beds made for frodo and his hobbit mates, really expensive food at the bar and no kitchen

Thank you for the review but we're sorry to hear certain parts of the hostel might not have lived up to your expectations. Unfortunately, as we are a party hostel, we are not permitted to have a kitchen but we do offer all of our guests 25% off food in our bar , we're sorry if you didn't get a chance to take advantage of this. As well as all of our twin beds are 90cm by 190cm, which is the typical size for hotel beds everywhere, so we we're quite surprised to read to read this. All the best

They lose our reservation and put us in the wrong room... The village was 2min far and was awful, no wifi inside the room and just one bathroom....

Good hostel reception staff very nice but bar staff seemed dismissive and not very friendly. private rooms vastly overpriced even considering the great location. Additionally, basement storage area stank of sewage which was very unpleasant.

Next to my bed, there was one couple looked like tangled up all night every morning. I felf really uncomfortable and unreliable. And there was only one outlet to charge electric things so it was very hard for me to find my one to plug in.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • South Korea

We're sorry you had an issue with another guest in your room but our reception is open 24 hours for your convince in order to deal with situations just such as this ;) Also, as at the moment as we are undergoing refurbishment, we are adding extra power points to all of our rooms but in the meantime you are more then welcome to leave your electronic devices on charge with our lovely reception team day or night if you find all the power-points in your room to be occupied. Thanks and safe travels!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5