St Christopher's Village Reviews

165 Borough High Street, London, England

Really nice hostel, helpful staff. Thank you

There are no individual lights or plugs/sockets (there's a hostel response to a review from march 2015 stating that they were remodeling to add per bed plugs, but not in my room). There was a single, short, extension, for 8 beds. The wifi only works in the 1st floor, and not very well. The bathrooms were often dirty. I had to ask in the reception for toilet paper, which was promptly replaced. A shout out to Laura and Peter for their help during my stay.

We're sorry to read you might not have enjoyed certain parts of our hostel as much as others. As for the individual power-points per bunk, the response you read from last month is correct, we are in the process of installing them for every bed. We are very sorry we hadn't reached your room by your visit. As for the WiFi this is something we are also in the process of updating so that it will reach every room in the building. Thanks again and safe onward travels.

this being big bar on the week end it can feel that you are in club, which depending on you mind set this can make you feel good or bad, for me i love it, but still when you go to room , they quite well sound isolated s and wifi works ,and of course and the free typical cereal toast buffet break fast

Hiya !! Thank you so much for leaving us a review. We are glad you liked the hostel and our free continental breakfast. We hope to see you soon :)

quite awesome bar downstairs and the location is really convenient

Thanks so much! All the best on your onward travels :)

I was alone staying in a 8bed dorm. There were only men in my room. I woke at 4 o' clock on friday night because a man was in my bed touching all my body and especially my bum. I went to the reception and the man who was sitting behind the desk has been really nice and helpful. I left the room for another one were only women were sleeping and i didn't have to deal with the creepy man who was in my bed. The staff dealt with the situation.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Hey! Thank you for taking the time for leaving us a review. At first we would apologies about the issue you experienced in your room. As you say our staff dealt with the situation by changing your room straight away but they also removed this guest from the hostel and he is from now on barred from our facilities. We are sorry that your stay with us was not very positive mainly because of this problem. We hope this does not put you off staying with us in the future Happy and safe travels ;)

Great location near borough market and London Bridge tube station, and out of the super business of central London. Wish the bathrooms were cleaned more regularly and not in the middle of the morning. Good deal though and good offers on pub crawls and one of the better breakfast selections I've seen in a free breakfast. Would definitely recommend to others.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review. We look forward to seeing you again! we are sorry to hear your disappointment regarding the cleanliness, normally our showers and toilets are cleaned several times a day Happy travels!

My experience at the hostel was very bad. I would never go back there. My girlfriend and I had a double bed room for us, but it was not possible to rest at all. There was an emergency door right close to our room, always being opened and closed making a lot of noise, people from the other rooms would stay up all night long, getting drunk, shouting and stomping really loud. It seemed there was no control at all. We even moved to a different rooms but it was worthless. On top of that: dirty shower

Hello, Thank-you for taking the time out to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear that your stay here didn't quite live up to your expectations. The emergency door inconvenience is a problem that we are currently fixing Our staff is always here to help you, if you think other guests are too noisy, please feel free to tell us so we can find a solution. We are also very sorry to hear your disappointment regarding the cleanliness, normally our showers and toilets are cleaned several times a day

Amazing location just steps away from the Borough Underground. Quick to get wherever you want to be in London. Good food and drink discounts at Belushi's and it's fun for a night out/in. I stayed in the 22 bed dorm, which was huge and spacious, but if you need dark, quiet rooms to sleep well this is not the place for you. Huge skylight so it gets bright as soon as the sun comes up, and with that many people coming and going (and a loud door), not super quiet. Great hostel otherwise though!

I don't often do reviews, but I had to do one for my stay here. I have been travelling all month and my friend just went back to Canada. I have to say the staff are amazing! They really made my stay so much better! If I could give them 110% I would. The facility's were also great... I have no complaints. I hope everyone gets the chance to have such a great experience.

We are so pleased to read your review, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts! Also thank you so much for the kind words about the staff and the hostel itself, we will make sure and pass them on! Thanks again so much we can not even tell you how happy we were to have you as a guest :D Take care and all the best on your onward travels!

A reasonably good option for the price, but not very clean and the larger rooms were incredibly uncomfortable.

Great location, lovely spacious rooms with the view of The Shard. Minus points for claustrophobic plastic showers (for some reason very popular in London hostels), lack of sockets in rooms and margarine (instead of real butter) for breakfast. Also the pub could do with better choice of food although there are plenty of options once you step outside the hostel. I would not mind coming back if the price is favourable.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We're sorry the showers did not meet your expectations but we are currently in the midst of a refurbishment which includes upgrading all of our showers and adding personal power points to each bed. If you were not a fan of the food at the site at which you were staying, your 25% discount applies at both Belushi's and The Inn--so perhaps next time you might give the other menu a go! Until next time!

Not everybody owns a Smartphone. It's great that there's free wifi, however, if there was something I'd love to Change, I'd offer proper Computers with Internet Access for those who didn't bring a Smartphone or just in General for everyone. apart from that I found the hostel pretty good!

• 22nd Mar 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we will certainly pass on your suggestions about the computers for guest use. Safe travels!

Relatively close to the center, nice bar, rooms clean, bathroom clean, security keys. To sum up, a good hostel.

The WiFi service did not work properly all the time

Thanks so much for the review, we're so happy you enjoyed your stay! As for the wifi you are correct, during your visit we did have somewhat limited access. The reason for this being is we are in the process of upgrading our wifi so it hits ever room. As we are quite a large building though this does take some time so we very much appreciate our guests patience. We can assure you though since your visit we have been able to recommission a large majority of it though. Safe travels!

The staff were kind and very polite. Breakfast was good. So is the environment, which allowed me to blend in with another guests. The security was good (but too many doors in the building). But the building by the inside looks a bit old, the wi fi signal barely reaches to the rooms, the showers work with a button which makes the water flow only for a few seconds (making it really annoying!) & the beds make excessive noise while getting on top of them... I'm not sure if I would stay there again.

Thank you for the review but we're sorry to hear certain aspects of our hostel might not have lived up to your expectations. As for our showers rooms we do agree, they could do with a little upgrading. That's why, and we hope you noticed this during your stay, we are currently undergoing a full hostel refurbishment with our showers and WiFi being at the top of our list! So if you do every decide to give us another try, we think you will like what you see ;) Thanks again and safe travels.

Great location, friendly atmosphere and great staff. Would Defintely stay here again. Cheers

Thanks so much for the review, we would absolutely love to see you again! Also thank you for the kind words about the staff, we will make sure they are passed on ;) Please don't be a stranger and all the best on your onward travels!

Excellent stay! Thanks

Thanks so much! All the best on your onward travels :)

Does the basics well.

Hey there, Cheers for taking the time to leave us a rating - always appreciated :) Happy travels

The building could do with a little modernisation but other that its fine.

Hello, thank you for your review. We are currently refurbishing our building, we are following your advice, CHEERS ;)

They need more plugs specilly in the rooms and restrooms. The showers could all be updated.

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Spain

Thanks so much for the review, we would love to see you again! As we couldn't agree with you more about the showers and power-points, as I type this, all of our showers and toilet areas are being completely refurbished and we are adding an individual power-point for every bed in the hostel which includes UK and EU sockets, USB plug in and a light :) Unfortunately though, due to UK law, we are not permitted to have power-points in the shower rooms but hope these updates will suffice :D

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4