St Christopher's Village Reviews

165 Borough High Street, London, England

Perfect location! Nice staff, confie beds. Clean place with nice atmosphere. Nice pub on the ground floor!

Overall a good experience at St Christopher's. Excellent helpful staff. Clean rooms. Good size lockable storage-even for big bags. Decent free breakfast. Cleaning staff telling off other cleaning staff while guests present isn't very professional though.

Bar setup is very good. Real close to London and Tower bridges

Toilets need improvements. Shower pressure was too powerful. There's not enough electrical points in the rooms.

Hi, Thank you for your review,We do apologize that your stay with us was not that positive. We are currently refurbishing the hostel with power points for each bed. We will also pass the word to our maintenance team for the showers. Happy and safe travels

The staff here make the hostel what it is. Loved it!

• 23rd Jun 2015

Hi, Thankyou for your review, they mean a great deal to us. Hope see you next time.

I had a great time while I was staying at this hostel. The workers were very nice and they were always there to lend a helping hand! Great hostel and great location. The restaurant attached is great too! I would definitely stay with them again!

• 21st Jun 2015

We stayed two separate times and the second time was a lot better the wifi connection was better and the chill room was a fun environment.

Good hostel, thyme have done renovations since last I stayed there so the bathrooms are a lot better. The common room could do with some comfy couches rather that just dinning chairs that would also create a more social environment instead it kinda felt like a waiting room. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and where able to point me in the right direction with what ever I needed. The East London walking tour was fantastic!

• 21st Jun 2015

Was ok to stay just one night - reception staff were great. Cleaning staff told me I couldn't have a shower because they were cleaning the bathrooms and showers (this was at 9am so was ridiculous) Was very cramped in a room - only 1 person could access their lockers if adjacent.

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry that you found so many problems during your stay. We promise to look in to the issues you have raised here. Our apologies over this matter, we do hope you stay again. Take care

Very friendly staff. The wifi was changed my second day there, and the new wifi is awesome (works in all of the rooms whereas it didn't reach the rooms before). I wish there was more than the two outlets in the 8 bed room as this was challenging for everyone to share, but otherwise I have no complaints as St. Christopher's met my needs. The location is great, with Borough Market just up the street!

• 17th Jun 2015

Good location. Satisfied in general. Not very clean and no lift

Hi and thank you for taking the time writing us a review! We are truly sorry to hear that cleanliness was not up to our usual standard, it is a huge disappointment for us. If there ever is any problems we encourage our guests to come down and see us in reception, we are here to help! Please take care and all the best on your onward travels!

This place is a bunch of fun. With the bar down stairs the vibe carried throughout the hostel. Laundry on the roof for free and a cool hang out spot. Wifi was decent but you can't exoect perfect. Highly recommend

• 16th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great staff , clean , comfy.

When we were there, they were reconstructing the lounge area. Wifi did not go up to the rooms. Breakfast was good. There was a power strip for every bed which was nice. Bathrooms included a blow dryer. It is located near a tube station and the Bourough Market. Be mindful that the metro closes at midnight and doesn't open till 5:30. Public transportation that early isn't reliable. Leave lots of time for travel if travels super late or super early.

The price is pretty good for the location, the place is very nice and comfortable, and the staff was friendly. Just the bathroom was not very good, but still ok.

hank you for taking the time leaving us a review. Great to know you had a superb stay with us! We very much look forward having you back soon again!

We had a lot fun, it was easy to meet people, and a fun bar atmosphere with great drink deals! Unfortunately, we got an iPad, some clothes, and bags stolen. The lockers under the bed are not very secure or safe. I recommend using the lockers on the bottom Floor, but that is pretty inconvenient. The wifi does not work at all in the rooms, and isn't great in the lobby. Also, the water was turned off one morning, which sucked.

Thank you for your feedback, we value our guests comments as it helps us being even better! You will be happy to know that we have brand new fibre optic wifi that works everywhere now !! We are truly sorry to hear about the I pad, If there ever is any problems we encourage our guests to come down and see us in reception, we are here to help!

The hostel is wonderful! The rooms and washrooms were very clean and kept that way daily. The staff were very helpful for a number of requests and the breakfast was awesome for being free! Would definitely stay here again :)

• 13th Jun 2015

Hi and thank you for taking the time writing us a review! Fantastic to hear you had a fabulous stay with us and that we took well care of you! Free breakfast buffet and offers/discounts on food/drinks is always a win!

Plus - Breakfast included - Great Bar - Easy meeting people - Great Staff - Rooms pretty clean Negative: - Wifi only in Lobby - Power sockets very few in the room - Less facilities on each floor

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

Thank you for your feedback, we value our guests comments as it helps us being even better! We just got brand new wifi that works everywhere in the building and power sockets for each bed . So we certainly do hope to see you here soon again!

It felt like I was living at a frat party. Not quite what I was expecting. People kept running into our door and screaming in the hall. I was very glad to have a private room and didn't attempt to go out once we went to bed. At one point It sounded like there was about to be a fight in our hallway. When we got up in the morning neither of us dared use the bathroom or shower because they were in only ok condition at 22:00 and didn't dare try them after so many drunk people had been in the hall

• 11th Jun 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to hear the facilities were not up to your expectations and we are sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us.. When any challenges are brought to our staff's attention, they are happy to remedy the situation. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

Good solid place. I liked it overall! The only thing that could use work would be the bathrooms and showers - they were pretty grungy and not appealing in the least. Not renovations - just cleaner!

Hi there, thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay . Sorry to hear that our bathroom was not up to our usual standard! We apologize for this, next time you are staying with us it will be all clean! Safe travels!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6