St Christopher's Village Reviews

165 Borough High Street, London, England

Walls are very thin and sounds from adjacent rooms are loud. I was upset that three of four mornings I was woken up by people who were cleaning the bathrooms and painting right outside our door - playing music and talking VERY loud, one on her cellphone. It was impossible to sleep in past 9. I have never encountered this type of inconsiderate behaviour from staff at other hostels I have visited

• 13th Apr 2013

Very dirty bathrooms!!!Dirty windows in the rooms!!!Terrible noise from the street!!!

Toilets and showers were in terrible condition but the staff is great. They were very kind, friendly and helpful.

I loved this hostel. The staff is amazing as well as the location. Some of the negatives features if you can call them that are concerning the sizes of the bedrooms and the bathrooms. The rooms are tiny and can be uncomfortable unless you get along well with your roomates. The bathrooms aren't always the cleaness but they are liveable. All and all, I would deffinitely go back to this place. I had such an amazing time and the location was fantastic.

• 12th Apr 2013

Hey! Thanks for your feedback! We're glad to hear that you found our hostel as well as staff amazing! Our hostel boasts three different sites (Village, The Inn, and the Oasis), so if you ever find your room or washroom too small or uncomfortable, we have various ways to accommodate : ) Many thanks and we hope to see you back soon!

Great location for getting around London. Really helpful and friendly staff, and nice breakfast. Nice food in the bar, and no kitchen means most people are there to travel not live, so easier to meet people. Being able to hang around and access my luggage all day after checking out while waiting for my bus was a big help. Great place to stay for sightseeing and going out.

Hi! Many Thanks for the great review! We are a party hostel, built for people travelling, so it's great for meeting people :) Hope you enjoy the rest of your travels, and we see you again in the future Many Thanks St Chris Team

Near tube stations but not well connected to the system. One day during breakfast the line was very big at 8:30 (it ends at 9). On my turn (with +10 people behind me), I heard a conversation from the staff: "you'll make a lot of people angry" to which another replied "I don't f*cking care" as he started to remove the food from the counter. OK if you need to shut it down at 9, but the treatment to customers was ridiculous. Dusty and dirty, disgusting bathrooms and showers. Huge disappointment.

Great hostel to stay in London! good facilities and location

It was a good hostel for meeting new people and your able to socialise at the bar, where there are good drink deals. Its in a central location in London, close to subway. Massive lockers to put your bags in and it is pretty clean. Also a simple breakfast is included.

Main problem: this place was dirty. It was gross! Especially the bathrooms. At least 90% of the toilets I used while there didn't flush (and I went to multiple floors to try to find a good one). Breakfast only goes until 9am (which they failed to tell us). And the staff overall were just rude and seemed really annoyed anytime I had a question about something or god forbid asked for a bowl from the bar. The worst hostel I've stayed in by far. Also, only 2 outlets for a room that held 10 people.

HI There Sorry you had such a bad stay in our hostel, every guest is told on check in when breakfast is, and there a number of signs around the hostel to remind you :) Our Bathrooms are cleaned 4 times daily, so we are sorry you didn't find them to the standard you hoped, if anything is ever wrong you can contact reception and they can fix the issue immediately for you. I will email you directly with regards to your staff complaints, as they are somewhat unusual Thanks again for the feedback

I stayed in 8 mixed room. But there were only two sockets. And there was no wifi in room. The shower room is only for 2 people in one floor. In one floor, there are 4~5 rooms i guess, if they are all rooms for 8 people, there are around 40 people. But shower space is only 2 people.. it doesnt make sense.. anyhow, location is nice, staffs are so good. if i go back to london, i would stay here again.

• 3rd Apr 2013
  • South Korea

It was a great hostel! Great value for the money you pay. Really clean and te staff really helpful! I'll totally go back soon!!

thanks for the great review! We hope to see you again soon :) Many Thanks St Chris Team

The bar had amazing live music!!! Also, we walked everything from the hostel and is basically everywhere in between of London when you want to go out. Tip: Go out in Shoreditch!

Eveything was ok, there is a good breaksfast and everything is very clean! But the internet was horrible. I stayed 3 nights, and I couldn't connect!!

Staff was very friendly and helpful. I stayed in a 14 bed dorm and everyone was cool in my room. My only complaint would be having to wait to take a shower. There were only two showers on my floor. Good atmosphere. Location is good- close to an underground station. Would stay again.

• 29th Mar 2013

hey there Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, a great review! We have 3 female showers on the 3rd floor, and you are more than welcome to use the showers on the other floors, if you are in a hurry! We hope to see you again soon St Chris Team

By far my favorite hostel in London.

Thank you for the awesome review! We hope you come back soon Many Thanks St Chris Team

Don't stay in the dorms if you want to sight see. If you are visiting the city just to party, the dorms are perfect. If not, don't count on getting sleep at night.

hey Thanks for taking the time to leave a review :) We pride ourselves on being a party hostel, however if your room mates are being disrespectful to you and not letting you sleep, you can always pop down to reception and we can resolve the issue quickly. Thanks again St Chris Team

Great location and nice rooms. But the breakfast room was overcrowded and you had to wait pretty long to get some food. Unfortunately, you have to pay for the lockers if you wanna store your luggage.

Hi There Thanks for leaving a review. Sometimes all the guests come down at once for breakfast, and there can be a bit if a queue, but it never lasts too long. There are lockers under the beds which are free of charge, you just need your own padlock, and the red lockers in the chill out room, are £1.50 for 24 hours, but all your belongings are insured Thanks again for thew review St Chris Team

The shower was really warm and the breakfast was very good. The staff was really helpfull, except for this one blonde girl that pretty much ignored everyone! Great location!

HI there Thanks for the review, I have spoken to the team member in question, and she explained it was simply due to a busy reception, and she was dealing with other guests at the time of your query, so please accept our apologies for the confusion. Glad you loved everything else, and we hope to see you again in the future Many Thanks St Chris Team

Just a good hostel

Thanks for the great review! We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels St Chris Team

I stayed two nights in the dorms at St Christopher's. The washrooms and dorm rooms were generally pretty clean, the staff was very helpful and very knowledgeable about the area. The cold breakfast was good, and there was plenty of food. The only suggestion I have to future visitors is to bring a sleeping mask and earplugs - the dorm I was in slept about 22 people, and so there can be a lot of activity in the evening and at night, especially on weekends.

Hi there Thanks for the great review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay! We provide free ear plugs in reception, in case anyone would like them we know it can be a bit noisy! Hope you enjoy the rest of your travels Many Thanks St Chris Team