St Christopher's Village Reviews

165 Borough High Street, London, England

It's located between two metro stops that make it convenient. The staff were helpful but somewhat aloof. Lots of things in the bathrooms were out of order and not working. The beds were some of the best I've had.

Great hostel, the pub downstairs is nice :-) Only complain is the showers, so tiny space and only 2 for an entire floor.

Because of No air-conditioner in the room, the windows are open overnight and I heard the noisy of bus, people overnight, too. The room key is often out of order after shower!! But the location is quite good. And the facillity is very outstanding. All staffs are kind!

Really liked this place!!! Only thing I could say is more plugs are needed in the rooms and bathroom could be a bit cleaner but overall was not effected by either of these things. Bar downstairs

Hey, we're so glad you had a nice stay and would love to see you again :D As we are currently undergoing renovations in most of the hostel itself I guarantee if you find yourself back at The Village, you will be pleasantly surprised ;) Take care and all the best on your onward travels!

Overall it was a good stay. Didnt love the atmosphere. They have organised nights in the bar but they arent really the coolest night we've had. The staff were so much fun and so accommodating. We partied with the staff more then the people staying in the hostel

Overall was pretty good. Staff were super helpful and hostel was really well located. However showers were pretty gross.

Great location being within walking distance of two tube stations. Staff were really friendly apart from the girl in charge of reception who just sat there barking orders at the other girls. Good vibe abound the place with great facilities.

Compared to other hostels it wasn't my favorite. The best part was location and the bar attached, ppl are social always down to chill. However no wifi in the room I was in or at the bar only in the lobby, two outlets for a room of 8 and the showers and bathrooms weren't working half the time. Compared to other hostels I've been to they can def work on fixing up their amenities but had a great time there regardless!

• 14th Jul 2014

Hey thanks so much for the review! It sounds like you took full advantage of our social hostel atmosphere, which is what we like to hear ;) Unfortunately though, during your stay, we did have an unforeseeable plumbing issues that we can assure you has since been repaired. As we are currently in the process of renovating most of the hostel as well as updating our WI-fi, I think you will be quite pleased if you find yourself back at The Village ;) Not your favorite hostel? Challenge accepted!

I had a really bad experience here, mainly because someone stole money from me, my girlfriend and some other people staying in the room. Someone went through our locks in the room, and when we told the staff, weren't helpful and there were no cameras anywhere so the police couldn't do anything either.

Good place, the showers were a bit messy, but otherwise no real complaints. Staff seemed helpful but we didn't really need them. Happy :)

• 11th Jul 2014

Thanks so much for the review, we would love to have you back anytime! Also thank you for the kind words about the staff, we will make sure and pass them on. As for the showers we are currently undergoing renovations on most of the hostel itself so I guarantee if you ever find yourself back at The Village, you will be pleasantly surprised ;) Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels.

Room was not made up when we arrived, water did not run , bathrooms were very dirty.

• 11th Jul 2014

Thanks so much for the review but we're sorry to hear certain aspects of the hostel might not have lived up to your expectations. During your stay we did have a plumbing emergency which, unfortunately, caused us to have to turn of our water for some of the time during your visit in order to have it repaired. We can assure you though that this is not the typical state of things and has since been repaired. Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels.

I think it was bad that I needed my own padlock for the lockers.

• Austria

people who are smoking in front of the bar,make so much noise,all the front of the building being affected by the bar

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts but we're sorry to hear though that your stay may not have been as pleasant as it could have been due to external noise. Unfortunately, with our central location and the busy street environment surrounding the hostel itself, at times, this can be unavoidable. Thank you though for informing us about how bad it can be at the front of the building, this is something we will definitely be looking into improving. All the best and safe travels!

water didnt work for a while

Stayed for one night in Jul 2014. This is definitely a party hostel. Not that it's a bad thing, just be aware going in. They have beer pong balls and cups available at the bar if that gives you a frame of reference. Stayed in an 8 bed mixed. Beds were comfortable and clean, downside is that there was only two outlets for the room. There's good security, key cards to access the hostel from the bar and for each room. Staff was friendly and there's easy access to London Bridge tube.

Best parts include the location, nice showers, lockers underneath the bed/overall security. Worst part was that I didn't find the staff helpful for my questions. They seem a little bit cold and not as welcoming, but it could just be because of so many people coming in and out on a day to day basis. Other than that small drawback, I enjoyed my overall stay and would recommend it if you know what you are doing in London!

lockers in rooms:) AMAIZING views and atmosphere from roof top! power point at each bunk bed yay! luggage storage is quite expensive and not always available :( - we asked for directions to a certain bus stop for us to get to the airport the man who helped us did so in return for a cig...which is weird however he started telling is he was drunk then pulled his pants down at the bus driver who then refused us, we then had to get a taxi to the airport costing £15 very unprofessional

The worst hostel i have ever been

Fun palace to stay. The common room was not very social but the bar had a good atmosphere. The large dorm had a skylight which made the 4:30am sunrise a pain. The hostel attracts a lot of partiers which was fun.

Me and my girlfriend had a private double. The room was clean, all though the bin was full when we checked in, and there was a pair of shoes there, but the cleaning lady fixed that. It's a 20 min walk to the Thames, staff is friendly and helpful. But as far as value goes, it is so loud there, never a quiet moment all night, and hard to get some sleep, because of guests just walking, or cleaning starting at 7 in the morning. It was loud. Showers was boiling hot without an option to change it.