St Christopher's Village Reviews

165 Borough High Street, London, England

Good location with Tower Bridge and Shard close and very close to two stations. There is a nice bar with good food and good atmosphere. Staff was reliable although not nice nor smiley. Very good facilities like confortable beds, showers and toilets were cleaned often. Good breakfast on top. So had a good time and recommend this hostel! I would definately go back.

• 4th Jan 2016
  • Portugal

We were very sorry to read that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as it perhaps could have been due to the possibility of our staff not being as friendly as they usually are. We hope the other elements of the hostel were to your liking and that you enjoyed this great city of London. Until next time, take care!

Second time back here. Great location very close to London Bridge tube station which has you in easy reach to most London attractions. Rooms are clean and tidy and bathrooms clean. Lockable cages under the beds will hold most sized bags and backpacks. GREAT free breakfast and the bar is great for good priced drinks and meals. Only downside is no kitchen but they are across the road from a Sainsburys with microwave meals etc (they do have a microwave and fidge). Great hostel

Hey there, This is what we like to hear. Come back soon ;)

We had the worst sleep here that we have had our entire trip. We booked a private room so we wouldn't be woken by others but ended up being disturbed but staff and cleaners all night (generally being super loud). Not a good stay sorry.

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

Hi there thank you so much for your feedback. We value our guests comments as it helps us being even better! We are very sorry you fond these problems during your stay I promise to have a look at the issue you raised. We still hope you enjoyed this beautiful of London.

Really nice place to stay. Not so expensive and the bar and chill room makes it better! Clean rooms with a pillow and a bedsheet. The staff was not so friendly but everything else was good.

• 2nd Jan 2016

We're so glad you enjoyed it :D Concerning the staff I am very sorry we usually have great staff reviews. Take care and safe travels!

Great hostel, very social vibe in the common areas and the attached bar. Close to plenty of attractions and also close to a metro station for getting to areas further away. Clean rooms and bathrooms, friendly and helpful staff, and free breakfast. Really a perfect hostel!

Hey we're so happy you had a nice stay and would love to see you again! It also sounds like you took advantage of our central location, which is what we like to hear ;) Also thanks so much for the kind words about the staff, cleanliness and breakfast. We will make sure these are passed on! Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels.

Arrived at night and a guest had to let me in as there was no one at the desk. Was very loud and the type of people it attracts for being a party hostel isn't my crowd. The facilities were clean enough but you have to pay for a towel and pay every time you wash it. Also the lockers were so loud to open & shook the beds. Not a good value for my money compared to youth hostels in other cities I have visited.

Pros: Fantastic for location to sites and tube stations, free breakfast (although it's not much) and pretty clean bathrooms but I'd bring sandals (even for the shower because the mat is hard to stand on) Cons: It's noisy and for multiple reasons being 1) the bedroom doors and weighted and slam when closing and 2) it's in a popular location so even being on the 4th floor, I could hear street noise and bar noise. It's not really as "fun" and "engaging" as they would make you believe, I'm a young

• 27th Dec 2015

Thank you for your review - it is great to hear good feedback. It sounds like you took advantage of our great location. Unfortunately being very central brings also a lot of noise. Free earplugs are available in reception. We hope you do decide to come and stay here again.

Breakfast ends way too early. Some of the staff were rather disinterested/borderline rude and the showers were a bit hard to navigate considering you had to bring your stuff in with you if you wanted to make sure it wasn't taken which meant everything got a little wet

• 26th Dec 2015

Best place in london ive stayed. For the price, and people ive met, well worth the money.

• 24th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Hey thanks so much for the review, we would love to have you back anytime :) Don't be a stranger!

Great place to stay but a bit far form all main attractions

• 24th Dec 2015
  • India

Hello, thank you so much for leaving us this review. We are very sorry you didn't find the hostel very central, we are only a couple of minutes away from Tower bridge, the Shakespeare Globe theater, Borough market and The Tate modern. Next time don't hesitate to ask a member of staff to show you directions. Take care

This hostel is very good. Great location as well as wonderful and clean facilities, ie free washer/dryer. I felt safe leaving my belongings in the room and the lockers provided underneath the beds were large enough to fit my backpack. I had no issues sleeping, even though it is above two different bars it was still quiet. Great to have outlets with usb ports at all the beds to make charging easy. Showers were clean and good, although could be hotter. Breakfast was good. Would stay again.

I am very Happy with the services. In all my future visit I would like to stay in this hostel. I am planning a Europe trip for their also I am looking same hostel.

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • India

Hello, thank you for your reply. We love to hear back from guests. So glad you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see you soon in London ;)

After the initial double booking mix up had a wonderful stay. The bar was noisy and busy but by the time you walked the windy corridors to our room you could barely hear anything. Hostels are usually cold and cheap but this was warm and clean and definitely value for money.

• 16th Dec 2015

So glad you had so much fun! Come back again and we'll keep the good times going!

This hostel was very clean, cozy and secure. But I have a special adedum. The staff was particularly amazing. In one of my nights out, I was sexually assaulted. I will not get into many details (I am ok, I promise) but I arrived at the hostel crying and nervous. The men at the reception, called Luca, was a true gentleman and took care of me. Called the police for me, took care of me while I was feeling very vulnerable and scared. I will never forget this.

• 15th Dec 2015

Thank you so much for the review, we would love to see you again in the future. We're really sorry to hear about the situation you were in before arriving to the hostel but are so glad our receptionist was able to make such a difference. As we are all backpackers ourselves from every corner of the globe we know how it feels to be in a new country and how a helping hand can go a long way. We're so glad this is the type of hospitality you received. Thanks again and all the best :)

I love St Christopher's hostel chain and in London wasnt different. Exellent hostel well located, safe, kindy and positive vibe staff, very spacious and confortable common area. I higly reccomend and would come back for sure

Very good hostel. Great place to meet new people. Have soap dispensers in bathroom, lifesaving.

Thanks so much! I'm glad you took advantage of all we have! Hope you can come back again soon!

Good location. Close to many attractions of the city just walking. Loved their bathroom, super cleaned! Friendly staff. Unfortunately, you can hear the loud noise from outside the room with people talking and closing the doors. Besides, It would be a good idea to change the bed sheets for new ones. Overall, I would come back to stay at this accommodation.

Hello, thank you so much for leaving us this review. We're sorry to hear that your stay here didn't quite live up to your expectations and that you found problems during your stay. Unfortunately being very central brings a lot of noise, free earplugs are available in reception. Our sheets are changed every time a person is checking in, next time don't hesitate to ask a member of staff, we are here to help. Take care

I liked the place. Everything was clean and we'll kept. I would recommend this place to those who want to stay by Tower bridge

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time out your day to give us your feedback and comments, we genuinely love to hear back from our guests. We're very pleased to see that you had such a good stay with us in London Bridge! We hope you enjoy your future travels and that you will come see us again,

Felt claustrophobic; tiny corridors and bathrooms but I guess this is London. The dorm was ok. Breakfast very good; ham cheese fruit etc. Good value

Thanks so much for the review, we would love to have you back anytime! Were sorry if our corridors and bathrooms were a bit to narrow for your liking but, in London standards, this is the norm. We are very glad to hear though that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and well make sure and pass your comments on to our team :) Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels.

Great central location, near two tube stations and walking distance to many attractions! Rooms were clean and spacious but the bathrooms did not stay clean for long. Fun vibe, attached to a bar with drink deals, wifi throughout the hostel, and helpful staff. Would recommend!