St Christopher's Village Reviews

165 Borough High Street, London, England

Good location

Hey thanks so much for the review, we hope to see you again! It sounds like you enjoyed our central location, which is what we like to hear ;) Take care and all the best on your onward travels!

St Christopher is a great hostel, has good showers, comfortable beds, nice staff and a nice pub. The breakfast is good, but it takes a long time for the staff to replace the food.

Hey thanks so much for the review, we're so glad you enjoyed your stay! Also thank you for the kind words about the staff and the hostel itself, we will make sure they are passed on ;) As well thanks for letting us know about the wait time on restocking things for breakfast, this is something we will definitely look into! Take care and all the best on your onward travels!

I personally would not stay here again. They changed our room in the middle of our stay, and the only way we knew about it is we asked them a question about our current room-very unprofessional. If you plan on getting a good nights sleep, do not stay here. It's very loud, especially on weekends, so I barely slept. It's in a good location though, very close to the tube and walking distance to Tower of London.

• 7th Nov 2014

We're sorry to hear you stay was not as pleasant as it perhaps could have been due to some issues that seem to have come up during your stay. Unfortunately, at times, even if the same room type is reserved it is not possible to stay in the same bed for the duration of your stay. As we understand this is not idle we try our best to avoid it but regardless inform the guests on checkin. We do apolgise if this was not discussed with you upon arrival.We wish you all the best on your onward travels

The best laundry facilities of any hostel in the world and they are free!

Thanks so much for the review, we're so glad you enjoyed our brand new washers and dryers! As backpackers ourselves, we understand how the dirty laundry can pile up after a few months of living out of a bag and trying to travel europe on a shoe string. It makes us happy to be able to do our part to help out that little bit more ;) All the best and safe onward travels!

Almost everything about this hostel was great. The actual hostel is amazing because of the attached pub and restaurant located under the hostel. We had a blast staying here. The only complaints I have: 1) wifi is horrendous. Spotty service (barely any in the room) and constantly kicking you off. 2) Don't expect to be able to sleep in (even after a hostel hosted pub crawl that ended after 3am) - the cleaning staff ripped open the curtains and started singing before noon.

• 24th Oct 2014

Thanks so much for the review, we would love to have you back anytime :) As I'm sure you saw during your visit with us we are currently undergoing renovations and wi-fi is priority #1. So if you ever find yourself back at The Village, we're sure you'll be pleasantly surprised :) As for the cleaners we can assure you that's not the norm so will follow up on that for you. Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels!

Good hostel. Good location because of metro but far away from Coach station and takes a while to walk to it from main attractions. Maybe if you're without a bag it's not that bad though :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts, we would love to have you back anytime! It also sounds like you made good use of our central location, which is what we like to hear ;) Also next time you come, don't worry about walking as you can grab the bus C10 just outside the coach station and it will drop you off just up the street from our hostel :) Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels.

Close to the tube, easy to get to wherever you need to go. Clean bathrooms, clean rooms. Cage underneath each bed so plenty of space to lock everything up. Cheap food and drinks at Belushi's bar and plenty of pub crawls etc. Walking tours depart from the hostel each day as well. Great wifi. Only downside is there's no kitchen.

We're so glad you had a nice stay and would love to have you back anytime! It also sounds like you made good use of our central location and activities for guests, which is what we like to hear ;) Thanks again for the review and please stop by if you ever find yourself back in London, even if just for a drink.

Amazing staff, they were very fun and friendly! Lots of events going on and people everywhere. The rooms were mostly quiet and clean and bathrooms were pretty clean as well.

Thanks so much for the review, we would love to see you again :) Also thanks so much for the kind words about the hostel, we will make sure they are passed on! It also sounds like you took advantage of our nightly events, which is what we like to hear ;) Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels!

Right place for backpackers, ideal for staying shorter than 7 days.

Thanks so much for the review, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay :) Take care and safe onward travels!

Really enjoyed my stay at St. Christopher' Village. The only thing I can criticise is that there were only 2 plugs for a room of 8 people.

Thanks so much for the review, we hope you find yourself back at the village soon! As for power-points in the rooms this is something we are actually looking into improving in the next few weeks as we are currently undergoing a hostel-wide referb :D In the meantime if you find all the power-points to be occupied in your room you are for the welcome to leave your electronic devices to charge at our 24 hour reception desk or to use one of the many outlets in our large common room. Thanks again!

Amazing staff!!!!

• 5th Oct 2014

Amazing Guest!

Great location (near the tube), awesome people and friendly staff! Loved my stay at this hostel and am missing London so much because of this place! To the Italian guy working at the reception at night whom I talked to for the past two nights, thanks for your recommendations I changed my itinerary slightly and am heading to Siena before going to Rome!! :)

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and would love to see you again! We will make sure the staff know how much you appreciated their help, I'm sure they will love to hear it! Take care and all the best on your onward travels!

Great place, fun bars and community areas and rooftop area for hanging, and good breakfast in morning time. Good location, safe and lots of options for toilets and showers, never really have to wait or deal with too many folks using them etc. Great spot Ill be back if in London for sure. Thanks!!

Thanks so much for the review, we would love to have you back anytime! It sounds like you took full advantage of our amenities for guests, which is what we like to hear ;) Take care and all the best on your onward travels!

The staff were wonderfully helpful and very friendly they went out their way to help me. I have major mobility issues the purpose of my visit was to meet with my long estranged brother during his very short visit to London. He joined me for breakfast your amazing staff went out of their way to make our meeting the best it could be. Please do pass on my thanks and gratitude to them all both at 161 & 165 Borough High St and they deserve to be commended,

• 26th Sep 2014

We're so happy you had such a pleasant stay and would love to see you again! We're also so glad to hear you and your brother had such a nice visit and hope you all have been able to stay in touch since. We will make sure and pass the good news on to the staff and wish you all the best! Take care and please keep in touch. Thanks again from the crew, St. Christopher's Village & 121 St. Christopher's Inn

Great beds and very nice staff! Very close to london bridge And easy to find

Thanks so much! It sounds like you took advantage of our central location, which is what we like to hear ;) Also thanks so much for the kind words about the staff, we will make sure and pass them on! Take care and all the best on your onward travels :)

Really fun hostel to be at. The walking tour was an awesome way to see key parts of the city, and the bar was a solid place to kick back and relax after a day of sight-seeing. Friendly staff that were able to help with any question we had. 10 bed room only had 2 electrical outlets which is a bit outrageous. 22 bed room had many more which was nice.

We're so glad to read you enjoyed your stay and would love to have you back anytime! It sounds like you took full advantage of our facilities and events for guests, which is what we like to hear ;) Also thank you for the kind words about our staff and the free walking tour, we'll make sure and pass them on! Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels!

I paid with a US credit card and your staff automatically charged me in dollars without asking me first. I was quite insulted when his excuse was that they offered the best rates. Not all credit cards are the same, so I thought it was a bad assumption to make.

We're sorry that you felt insulted for being charged in your native currency as this was not our intention. As we are all backpackers ourselvs we know every little bit helps when it comes to pinching those pennies to make your mony last that little bit longer. As you have already stated your card was an American card therefore when charging it in its native currency it gives you the best exchange rate, in turn saving you money. We do apologise if you thought this to just be an assumption.

Showers are not clean at all.

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts but we're sorry to hear certain parts of the hostel might not have lived up to your expectations. We diligently clean our showers and toilets 3 times a day and once at night but as I'm sure you can imagine, in a hostel with 225+ beds, they get quite a bit of use. Regardless, we do our best to stay on-top of them. We do hope this didn't impact your stay to much and wish you the best on your onward travels.

My friend and I stayed here in late September this year. The stay wasn't too bad. Not near as noisy as we had anticipated after reading info and other comments about the hostel. It was easy to find & check-in didn't take long. I liked that they had lots of events & activities. We did the free walking tour and the tour of East London and LOVED both of them. My only real complaint I have is the price we paid was pretty outrageous and the pub crawl we tried to go on was very disorganized.

Loved the whole place. It's within walking distance to a few of the main attractions, and easy access to the underground. Staff is friendly and upbeat. The rooms and bathrooms are clean, and the breakfast is great. Wished I could have stayed longer. Cheers guys

We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again :) It also sounds like you took full advantage of our facilities for guests and our central location, which is what we like to hear ;) Also thank you for the kind words about the staff, we will make sure and pass them on. Please if you ever find yourself in London again, don't be a stranger!