St Christopher's Village Reviews

165 Borough High Street, London, England

Although one member of the staff was extremely friendly and willing to help, others were not. I forgot my phone charger at home and I asked them if they have any for to borrow for a short time. But they didn't. By my opinion a hostel like this in 2015 should have at least few chargers since there are only 3 types of chargers in use. They have a metal box for your stuff under the bed which makes a lot of noise when you open or close it and you must bring your own locket with you. I had to pay 4£

Hostel was as I expected. Really enjoyed having the bar downstairs and there was a good atmosphere even though we were only staying one night. Room was a decent size, everything was comfy and the staff were always helpful when we needed to know something. Would stay again

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us such a great review! Your kind words about the staff are very much appreciated. We will make sure to let them know.Very glad that you had a great time here. Hope see you next time.

Good location, helpful staff. Would definitely stay again!!

Hello, Thank you for your review! So happy that you really enjoyed your time with us. See you soon ;)

Average hostel. We had to change rooms because they booked too many people which was inconvenient. The bathrooms were kind of dirty. However the location was good and they set us up with a lot of good walking tours.

Hey! Thank you for taking the time for leaving us a review. We do apologize that your stay with us was not very positive. We apologize about the cleanliness, our housekeeping clean rooms and bathrooms every day. We are also doing renovation works in bathrooms. We hope this does not put you off staying with us in the future. Happy travels !

Great hostel overall. The wifi doesn't work in the rooms but other than that I had few complaints. The beds were clean, you are provided a rolling cage under the bunk to lock your stuff in and the breakfast is okay as well. Location is pretty sweet as well as you're right near London bridge and the tube station is 2 minute walk down the road

Hello, thank you for your feedback. Great to hear that you like your stay and take advantage of our free breakfast and location. Sorry about the wifi, we have already planned to get a new one, it is a work in progress. See you soon ;)

I have stayed at many other St. Christopher's across Europe and this is by far the worst of them all. It is quite overpriced for a room with only one plug in for 8 people, cold showers and sketchy guests.. Definitely needs an age restriction as well as an update on the breakfast. Don't waste your money or time.

Bathroom was not very clean, warm water is not always available. They need to fix the faucet of the men's bathroom as it is very difficult to shut off. I often see the faucet not shut off properly an water leaking out all the time. No blow dryer available. The cleaning staff was very rude, on one SATURDAY morning at around 9 am, the cleaning lady held opened our dorm's door and started cleaning, she also started a LOUD conversation with her fellow colleague, making it impossible to sleep...

Hello, thank for your review. At first we would like to apologize that you that you didn't find the cleaning staff helpful. Our bathrooms are usually cleaned 3 times a day. We will pass the word to them. At the moment we only have hair dryers in the female showers but you can also just ask a staff member , we have some for free in reception. Take care ;)

Really nice hostel, helpful staff. Thank you

Hi there, thank you very much for your feedback. It's so great to hear when our guests love us as much as we love having them! We hope to see you back ASAP!

WiFi cuts in and out; the water in the building stopped running twice during my stay. The bathrooms are very dirty for a hostel in a major city. Upper bunks have to reach for a plug (tough if you have a short cord). Worst thing about this hostel is the staff. Not only could they not answer some of the most basic questions about London, they generally carried the attitude of a disinterested teenager. Location is ok. The attached bar was always filled which was good. Otherwise, bad execution.

• 23rd Apr 2015

There are no individual lights or plugs/sockets (there's a hostel response to a review from march 2015 stating that they were remodeling to add per bed plugs, but not in my room). There was a single, short, extension, for 8 beds. The wifi only works in the 1st floor, and not very well. The bathrooms were often dirty. I had to ask in the reception for toilet paper, which was promptly replaced. A shout out to Laura and Peter for their help during my stay.

We're sorry to read you might not have enjoyed certain parts of our hostel as much as others. As for the individual power-points per bunk, the response you read from last month is correct, we are in the process of installing them for every bed. We are very sorry we hadn't reached your room by your visit. As for the WiFi this is something we are also in the process of updating so that it will reach every room in the building. Thanks again and safe onward travels.

enjoyed my stay here very much easy trip on the underground to sites grocery and cafe next door very easygoing

The value and location for this hostel couldn't be better, it's clean, good bar and very friendly staff. Has a more professional atmosphere then a friendly hostel one. Also charge for keeping bags after checkout which in not cool.

this being big bar on the week end it can feel that you are in club, which depending on you mind set this can make you feel good or bad, for me i love it, but still when you go to room , they quite well sound isolated s and wifi works ,and of course and the free typical cereal toast buffet break fast

Hiya !! Thank you so much for leaving us a review. We are glad you liked the hostel and our free continental breakfast. We hope to see you soon :)

quite awesome bar downstairs and the location is really convenient

Thanks so much! All the best on your onward travels :)

Great location near borough market and London Bridge tube station, and out of the super business of central London. Wish the bathrooms were cleaned more regularly and not in the middle of the morning. Good deal though and good offers on pub crawls and one of the better breakfast selections I've seen in a free breakfast. Would definitely recommend to others.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review. We look forward to seeing you again! we are sorry to hear your disappointment regarding the cleanliness, normally our showers and toilets are cleaned several times a day Happy travels!

My experience at the hostel was very bad. I would never go back there. My girlfriend and I had a double bed room for us, but it was not possible to rest at all. There was an emergency door right close to our room, always being opened and closed making a lot of noise, people from the other rooms would stay up all night long, getting drunk, shouting and stomping really loud. It seemed there was no control at all. We even moved to a different rooms but it was worthless. On top of that: dirty shower

Hello, Thank-you for taking the time out to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear that your stay here didn't quite live up to your expectations. The emergency door inconvenience is a problem that we are currently fixing Our staff is always here to help you, if you think other guests are too noisy, please feel free to tell us so we can find a solution. We are also very sorry to hear your disappointment regarding the cleanliness, normally our showers and toilets are cleaned several times a day

Amazing location just steps away from the Borough Underground. Quick to get wherever you want to be in London. Good food and drink discounts at Belushi's and it's fun for a night out/in. I stayed in the 22 bed dorm, which was huge and spacious, but if you need dark, quiet rooms to sleep well this is not the place for you. Huge skylight so it gets bright as soon as the sun comes up, and with that many people coming and going (and a loud door), not super quiet. Great hostel otherwise though!

I don't often do reviews, but I had to do one for my stay here. I have been travelling all month and my friend just went back to Canada. I have to say the staff are amazing! They really made my stay so much better! If I could give them 110% I would. The facility's were also great... I have no complaints. I hope everyone gets the chance to have such a great experience.

We are so pleased to read your review, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts! Also thank you so much for the kind words about the staff and the hostel itself, we will make sure and pass them on! Thanks again so much we can not even tell you how happy we were to have you as a guest :D Take care and all the best on your onward travels!

Booked it for our last night before flying out. assumed it would be as awesome as the st christophers in Paris but was wrong. Its average and will do if you need a place to stay but expect to see mouse traps in every corner of the large dorm room, and the showers were disgusting. I couldnt bring myself to walk into them even with sandals on. If you need a quick place to sleep then sure, otherwise I wouldn't make it my first choice. Also, expect a ton of old dudes in your dorm, was kinda weird.

A reasonably good option for the price, but not very clean and the larger rooms were incredibly uncomfortable.