St Christopher's Village Reviews

165 Borough High Street, London, England

Fantastic hostel everywhere you go Christopher's are amazing!

Hello, hello. Thank you for your feedback, lets hope you keep visiting us. You rock ;)

The room with 22 beth was very cold.

• 25th Oct 2015
  • Spain

Hi there, thank you so much for leaving us a review. We are very sorry to hear that. Our radiator have now been turned on, we hope that you still enjoyed the rest of your stay. Don't hesitate to ask a member of staff for extra blanket. See you soon ;)

Sick hostel. On top of a bar. Good location. Good times.

That's what we like to hear!!!

It was hard to meet people being by myself because the only social area was the bar. Everything else was good.

Thanks so much for the review, we would love to see you again! It sounds like you took advantage of our central location. We also do events twice a week such as BBQ or movie nights, plus a pub crawl leaving from the hostel every day for people trying to socialize. Take care ;)

Overall, I thought it was a good hostel - the location is great and it's kept clean, but the set up of the bar leaves it hard to meet people who are actually staying at the hostel vs. locals who are just coming to the bar to drink and don't even realize there's a hostel above them! Also, each floor is different - my floor's bathroom didn't have a hair dryer, but the floor below mine did - wish there was more consistency, but overall, I'd recommend.

Thank you very much for your review and your stay in our hostel! As for the hair dryer there is one in each female bathrooms or some are available in reception. Take care, we hope to see you soon ;)

Me and my friend just needed somewhere cheap to stay after going to a late concert in London, and this place was pretty much what we hoped for. Pub on the bottom floor, hang out area great for groups, not much quiet space though apart from the pub in the morning if you need to work; rooms were spacious, staff was helpful enough. Close to the Burrough's market which is great for brunches. A pretty standard hostel.

The hostel was very good, good location, good atmosphere, good staff, safe and clean. The tube makes it very convenient to get around the city. The hostel it's self was comfortable and laid back. It had the option to be more of a party if you wished it to be. My only concern was the washing facilities. If you plan on washing, make sure it is not the day before you leave, you will be up all night waiting for your laundry to dry and fighting for a machine with those all doing the same as you.

Hey there, Thank you for leaving us feedback. We really appreciate it. We hope to see you again soon at The Village or at our other locations throughout the UK or Europe. Safe journey on your future travels.

Awesome place with two bars and another ad hoc rooftop bar great good and overall great atmosphere. Decently priced for London.

Not bad place. It locates near the station. There is a bar on the first floor but i couldnt hear any sound from there at all. It was quite. Many program is going on everyday which is good for the people who are backpacking alone!

Thanks for the review, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay :) It also sounds like you took advantage of our nightly events for guests and our central location, which is what we like to hear ;) Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels!

Room space and shower rooms were large and clean. The breakfast was fabulous.

hey there, Thank you for taking the time to leave us review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel. Come again and visit us ;)

Awesome hostel with friendly staff. Location was perfect for my needs. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for backpacking accommodation.

Hey there, Thank you for taking the time to leave us review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel. Come again and visit us ;)

The village lives up to its reputation as the party hostel. Overall great experience - hostel has plenty of amenities and was clean considering the high volume of guests. This hostel has 2 bars 1 is a full on sports bar showing every game and it made feel at home being able to watch Aus in the RWC. The staff are bloody awesome as well, I met Soph on my first night, she helped me out with places to see & go and she helped me when I was trying to find places to live. This place is def my new local

Hey What a great feedback ! Thank you for that! It makes our team really proud to read such a great review! We hope that you will keep staying with us!

Did not enjoy my stay here at all. Staff were unfriendly and not very helpful. Bathrooms on the top level had mold in the showers. The only good thing about this place is the fact it's close to big tourist attractions. Would not stay here again.

We were very sorry to read that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as it perhaps could have been due to the possibility of our staff not being as friendly as they usually are. As we are all backpackers ourselves we understand how it feels to be in a new country and how a helping hand can go a long way. We're sorry if this is not the type of hospitality you received while you were staying with us. As we would like to do some further investigating, we have also sent you a personal email.

Bathrooms are poor

• 11th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

Hello, Thank you for your feed back. I'm very sorry about the issues you have raised, I promise to look in to them. Take care and safe travels ;)

Has a good location near the London Bridge underground station. But the bar seems to cater more towards the locals to watch whatever sporting event is going on. Common room was usually quiet and lacking atmosphere. Was one of two people to sign up for the pub crawl. Bathrooms need some serious renovation. Typical squeaky metal beds.

Hi there thank you so much for your feedback. We value our guests comments as it helps us being even better! You will be happy to know that we are currently refurbishing all of our bathrooms and rooms, so if you some visit us I am sure you will be pleased. As for the pub crawl there is someone picking you up from The Village and brings you to the first bar where you meet all the people who signed from all over London. You always end up with quiet a lot of people. Take care !

This hostel experience was quite average. It was always loud, but I guess that's what a lot of people are looking for. The location was very good, close to the Borough Market and the Thames. The bunks were alright, it was a little hard to access the lockers under the bunks. The bathrooms did not have enough showers and could be a little cleaner.

Hi there, Thank you very much for your review! Sorry to hear about the showers, we are working on that, if you come back in the future you will see how it has improved:) We are glad you enjoyed the very central location. Have a safe trip home !

Such a great hostel! In a good location, bathrooms were always fairly clean, amazing free breakfast, great atmosphere and good deals in the attached bar. Met a lot of cool people, it's a really social place with lots of fun events. Perfect for a solo traveller.

Thank you so much for such a positive review! We are very pleased to hear that you had such a great experience at our hostel. We hope that you will be back to stay with us again!

Good facilities, great location right next to Burrough market which is a foodies waking dream and a tube station 2 min walk from the hostel. The staff were generally very good with the occasional exception and the facilities were clean and adequate. Basically it's a good hostel nestled perfectly in the centre of a great city

Thanks so much for the review, we'll make sure the staff know how much you enjoyed your visit :) It also sounds like you took advantage of our central location, which is what we like to hear ;) Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels.

I think that the hostel could have a kitchen where hosts can cook a lunch/dinner. And I think that they should take better care of the bathroom (toilets, sinks, showers) because I have a feeling that staff didn't cleaned it every day.. I think those places deserve more attention.

• 5th Oct 2015
  • Slovenia

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately as said on our website we don't have a kitchen but just a microwave and fridge area. Concerning the bathroom we are truly sorry to hear about that, If there ever is any problems we encourage our guests to come down and see us in reception, we are here to help!

Very nice Hostel!!! one of the best that I stay!

Hey! Thanks for leaving us such a good review. We hope to see you again one day!