St Christopher's Village Reviews

165 Borough High Street, London, England

My friend and I stayed here in late September this year. The stay wasn't too bad. Not near as noisy as we had anticipated after reading info and other comments about the hostel. It was easy to find & check-in didn't take long. I liked that they had lots of events & activities. We did the free walking tour and the tour of East London and LOVED both of them. My only real complaint I have is the price we paid was pretty outrageous and the pub crawl we tried to go on was very disorganized.

Todd Fitzgibbons is the best

Loved the whole place. It's within walking distance to a few of the main attractions, and easy access to the underground. Staff is friendly and upbeat. The rooms and bathrooms are clean, and the breakfast is great. Wished I could have stayed longer. Cheers guys

We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again :) It also sounds like you took full advantage of our facilities for guests and our central location, which is what we like to hear ;) Also thank you for the kind words about the staff, we will make sure and pass them on. Please if you ever find yourself in London again, don't be a stranger!

Very convenient location! It was definitely a plus to be close to 2 tube stations. The hostel itself may use a minor facelift but otherwise, it's clean with great amenities. Loved the fact that washer and dryer was included! Would stay there again.

Hey, we're so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and would love to see you again anytime :) It also sounds like you took full advantage of our central location and our facilities for our fellow backpackers, which is what we like to hear ;) Also, as we are currently undergoing renovations, we guarantee if you ever find yourself at The Village you will be pleasantly surprised. Thanks so much again and all the best on your onward travels!

Overall there are many worse hostels than this in London. The staff are great, the beds good and location better. The downsides are that the common room is old and stuffy. It needs a little work. The bathrooms are very dated, they work, they are somewhat clean, but need updating. Lastly more sockets needed throughout the building.

The location is very good transportation-wise. But it's on a very bust street and you can constantly hear ambulance or police car sirens going through super loudly. Not recommendable to those who have light sleeps. And the wifi, it's very unstable and you have to log in every once in a short while which is really annoying. Showers are clean but you can't adjust the water temperature, which is pretty hot. Other than that the atmosphere is great to meet people.

Thanks so much for the review but we're sorry to hear certain aspects of the hostel might not have lived up to your expectations. As you say, our hostel is smack-dab in the center of the city but as we are on one of the busiest, and most convenient, high streets in London at times you can get some noise in the rooms. For just such an occasion we do offer free ear-plugs at reception but can assure you this is not a normal thing. As for the WI-fi and showers we will look into this immediately.

Love this hostel!! Was my second time staying here - dead center of London, very close to the underground, London Bridge and many other sites. Bar downstairs and pub crawls are awesome. Definitely recommend!

Thanks so much for the review, we're so glad you have made The Village your home in London! It also sounds like you took advantage of our central location and amenities for guests, which is what we like to hear ;) Thanks again and please, if you ever find yourself back in London don't be a stranger :) All the best and safe onward travels!

Rooms very noisy due to busy high street outside, showers and facilities very basic but fine. The whole place was ok for a couple of cheap nights but i wouldnt spend longer. Great being so close to the public transport, though.

Facilities are a bit dated and the bathrooms are pretty gross. Very social vibe, however and I found it fairly easy to meet cool people that I ended up exploring London with. The bar is decent. The rooms, however, kinda suck, and only have one outlet for everyone! Staff are very friendly. Definitely a good party scene. Location is really great, and definitely the main reason to stay here.

Great staff and great people around everyone is very friendly and helpful. Very clean!! Would stay here again!!

Thanks so much for the review, we would love to have you back anytime! Also thank you for the kind words about the staff and the hostel itself, we will make sure and pass them on ;) Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels!

Great value for money during the weekdays. It needs a little money spent on it with sockets and new facilities, but it works well.

So if you want absolutely zero sleep at night, want to party constantly and sleep during the day and you are not visiting during the sweltering summer months this place could be for you. Maybe my expectations were too high after staying at St Christophers at the Winston... they charged you for fans, instead of providing them in room. Tacky, considering how hot it was. People were loud, drunk and stomping around the halls which woke you up about 2x a hour. will not stay again.

• 30th Aug 2014

I really loved this hostel. The staff was great! Having free breakfast & an in-house bar was awesome! Rooftop terrace is really chill to play cards, beer pong or just chill. 5 minute walk to tube station. Free under bed storage lockers worked great. Bring your own padlock! Take advantage of Free Walking Tours! If you're lucky, your guide will be Luke. He was a GREAT tour guide!! I would totally stay at St. Christopher's Village again! Great hostel!

Good hostel with free breakfast, nice clean rooms, good Atmosphere, pub downstairs with Karaoke, lots of activities to do

We're so glad you had a nice stay and would love to see you again! It sounds like you took full advantage of our amenities for guests, which is what we like to hear ;) Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels!

I am happy with my stay there; the bed was comfortable, rooms were clean and information was all over for everybody to know. Internet in the room and breakfast every morning were a huge plus. The location is quite amazing and I suppose that is why the price was a bit steep. I loved the staff, the way they work and behaved to me, and I especially liked the blonde girl - she's gorgeous :D. Keep in mind to bring 3 things: a towel, your own lock and a 3 pin plug. Hope I come back one day. Cheers!

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Romania

We're so happy you enjoyed your stay and would love to have you back any time! As backpackers ourselves we understand the need for a nice complementary breakfast after a night of partying hard and good wi-fi to be able to keep in-touch with friends and family back home, it's nice to hear you enjoyed it ;) Also thank you so much for the kind words about the staff, we will make sure and pass them on :D Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels!

I was a returning customer, so obviously i like it. Great neighborhood, the place is neither too big nor too small, there's a bar open till late, an outdoors terrace, overall it's one of my fave hostels in London, and i have stayed in quite a few.

Thanks so much for the review! It sounds like you have made The Village your home in London, which is what we like to hear :D Please stop by again, even if just for a drink ;)

Good place, Belushis staff were a bit useless apart from that the hostel was good.

Friendly and multilingual staff, you cannot be lost in the hostel. Excellent breakfast, perfect location (London Bridge) and the numerous partnerships with the bar nearby are excellent for having a cheaper stay in this hostel.

Thanks so much for the review, we're really pleased you had an enjoyable stay! Also thanks so much for the kind words about the staff, we will make sure and pass them on :) It also sounds like you took advantage of our central location and our discounts for guests on food and drink at Belushi's bar next door, which is what we like to hear ;) All the best and please stop by if you find yourself in London again.

We were staying in a 8 bed mixed dorm on the 3rd floor and it was like a sauna. The room was extremely hot the whole time. So we ended spending the days on the rooftop patio they had. The showers were definitely not clean and they can do a much better job cleaning it up. The bar was nice but nothing special. The bar is a nice touch and the majority of the hostel rooms will be loud to 2-2:30 am almost every night of the week. All in all it was an average stay.

Had a blast getting to know the other hostel mates, and i found the nightly pub crawls to be very fun!

Hey, thanks so much for the review! It sounds like you took full advantage of our social hostel atmosphere and our nightly events for guests, which is what we like to hear ;) Take care and please stop by if you ever find yourself in London again, even if just for a drink ;)