St Christopher's Village Reviews

165 Borough High Street, London, England

Extended my stay here for 2 weeks, so I got quite familiar with this place! Great facilities, great included brekky, friendly staff. My only issue was that for quite some time during my stay there was a large group of (I assume) underage kids, presumably on some sort of school excursion. Some were in rooms surrounding mine, and they were very loud and either awkward or discourteous around other guests. It would have been a much more pleasant stay if they were grouped away from the other guests.

Stayed 1 night great hostel, one downer was that loud music can be heard till 1am. If you don't mind that then all good. The other was that the receptionist went missing for my early morning leave so I couldn't get my deposit back.

This was my first hostel and it was pretty good. Wifi is good, washer and dryer on the roof, knowledgable staff. Location is great, right next to the London Bridge and 5 minute walk to the Jubilee Line (Metro). There are a ton of little restaurants and markets. The chill out room is ok. The lockers under the bed are huge, just bring your own lock. The bathrooms weren't all that clean though, and the cleaning people will just walk in without knocking or saying anything every day around noon.

• 28th Aug 2015

Thanks for the positive review! We look forward to welcoming you back again next time!

I loved this Hostel. It had a restaurant connected to it, served free breakfast, had a lounge, a bar, and the beds were so comfortable! The only thing I wish they had more of was showers. It was a little cramped in the bathroom. They had several toilets in the hallways though. Enrico was always ready to help. I loved my stay overall!

Hey, there! Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad that all of our facilities and 'extras' met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are currently refurbishing our shower facilities and all of our guests are welcome to use the showers on any of our 3 floors if the ones on your floor are full. :) We'll be sure to pass on your kind words about our staff as well. Until next time, safe travels!

Everything was really clean. There is no kitchen, but there is at least a microwave. We really appreciated the laundry machine that we can use for free. The location was the best. There were also good big luckers in the room under your bed. Great place, fun time.

Thanks for leaving us a review! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our little 'extras' like the free laundry, our microwave (and now a fridge!), and our spacious lockers made your stay that much better. Come back any time!

Pretty good hostel. Has the best bar out of all the hostel I've been to. Great location, right next to a underground station.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and that our Belushi's bar hit the spot. Also good to hear you took advantage of our prime central location. Come back any time and take care!

Super Lage, saubere und schöne Zimmer, Frühstück war auch für ein Hostel auch vollkommen ausreichend - immer wieder gern

• 24th Aug 2015

Good hostel for party people. Every night pub crawls/events in bar. Good facilities(some showers better than others), chill room(lots of couches/tables, foosball, microwave/fridge and utensils). Key card access inside at night, always desk person, so very safe. Wifi throughout. Free laundry. Deck area which is where you can usually hang out& meet people. Close to underground. In the business/tourist areas, so prices are reflective at most places(or maybe it was just the exchange). Always fun.

Hi, We really appreciate you taking the time to review us. So happy that you really enjoyed your time with us! We hope to see you again. Happy Travels

Comfortable, clean, excellent location, good WiFi.

Hello, Thanks for the great review, we really appreciate all comments! Amazing feeling to know you enjoyed your stay with us here.

Very good, clean and spatious. Value for the low cost. Good hostel company- always reliable and good breakfast.

Hi there, thank you very much for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback. It's wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that all our facilities lived up to your expectations. Happy travels !

As a solo female traveler, this was a great and fun way to meet people from all over the world! :) By far the best hostel experience I've had! The staff were exceptionally nice, and the overall hostel left me with a great experience I'll always remember! :) Thank you for everything!!

Hello, thank you for your reply. We love to hear back from guests. So glad you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see you soon in London ;)

Friendly staff and a party pub attached to the hostel. Good food and reasonable facilities. Wifi in the rooms is also a big plus.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a great review! We hope you come and stay with us again next time you are in London!

The rooms were so hot! I stayed on the top floor (level 3 or 4) right at the end. Huge room with no aircon and tiny windows. No cold showers either, which isn't usually a problem but in this case the heat in the rooms was that bad! Big hostel so not the cleanest but staff were friendly and hostel near tube station .

Was a little disappointed with the room I had, booked a private and it was pretty cramped for the price.

Thank you for leaving us your thoughts. We're sorry to hear that your room did not meet your expectations. It is the size of our rooms that allows us to keep our prices competitive with other London hostels rather than hotels in order to be more backpacker friendly. We hope the other elements of the hostel were to your liking and that you enjoyed this great city of London. Until next time, take care!

Remarkable staff, clean rooms and washrooms. Good location and overall great experience.

Thank you for your review - it is great to hear good feedback. We hope you do decide to come and stay here again.

One of the best hostels I have stayed at so far. Good location, great facilities and very easy to meet people due to the social events that are offered every day and of course the bar that is downstairs.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review , we are pleased that you had a good stay here and it sounds that you took great advantage of all our facilities. We hope to see you again in the future.

I had an amazing time here with a group of lovely people Staff are friendly and give lots of advice, the atmosphere is great and the only down side is the street noise, but it is right near London bridge so what else can you expect 10 out of 10 would recommend to anyone and definitely staying again

I stayed here for 6 nights and really liked it. Great location, very clean dorms (and super nice cleaning staff, thanks Samuel!!), comfortable beds, great wifi connection throughout the building, an awesome bar downstairs where you can meet new people, good free breakfast between 7-9am. So overall a very pleasant stay. Only downsides are that there's no kitchen facilities and the toilets/showers were a bit dirty most of the time… Would stay again if I go back to London!

Thanks so much for leaving us such a great review! We're glad that our facilities, our breakfast, and our staff made your stay comfortable and memorable. We will be sure to pass on your kind words. We do not have a kitchen, but we do now have a microwave and fridge as well as a discount of 25% at our bars and a supermarket across the road. Our washrooms are cleaned 3 times daily but with 200+ guests you can sometimes make it to the mess before our housekeepers. Until next time, safe travels!

Good location and has a bar downstairs although this is open to the general public, it was full of office workers on the Friday night and closes at 11pm so don't expect a backpackers vibe. No kitchen, rooms are Ok, showers a bit tempemental with water temp, cold hot cold. To summarise, it's accommodation at a reasonable price in a central location - that's it.

Hi there, thank you for your review. Glad you enjoyed you stay, unfortunately you are right we don't have a kitchen. But a microwave and fridge are available in our common area. On Friday our bar is open until 3 am thought. Take care ;)

Now you can find sockets in most if not all of the rooms. Great service and the lockers are reasonably priced

So glad you noticed the improvements we are making in order to make our hostel just that much better ;) We're sure on your next visit you won't even recognize to place :D Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels!