St Christopher's Village Reviews

165 Borough High Street, London, England

Good stay with nice staff. Arrived jet lagged, but got a very good nights sleep. The only problem is not enough sockets for electronics.

Hey, we're so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon! Also thank you for bringing the issue with possibly needing more power sockets in the rooms, this is something we will definitely look into improving! All the best on your onward travels!

It was an okay hostel but very noisy as it was on a main road, closing the windows didn't make a difference. The breakfast was decent, some cold meats, fruit yoghurt cereals and toast. They were happy to let me lurk around the common room after check out while I waited for a bus.

Thanks so much for the review! Unfortunately with our central location, and the environment surrounding the hostel, sometimes street noise can be unavoidable. Thank you for letting us know though about the windows though, this is something we will definitely look into improving. Also, thank you for the nice words about the breakfast we will make sure and pass them on! Take care and safe travels.

The people at the check-in were really friendly and helpful, the staff from the resturant seemed quite annoyed and unfriendly. The room was small and it had only two plugs for six people. The location is excellent if one considers the price. One can walk to the tower in ten Minutes, St. Pauls in 20 and the Parlament in around 30 Minutes. Two tube-stations are with reach of a five minute footwalk. Breakfast is quite miserable but ok and the showers could use some reconstruction.

• 10th Mar 2014

Thanks so much for the review. it sounds like you made good use of our central location, which is what we like to hear ;) Also thank you for the nice words about the reception staff, we will make sure and pass them on but we're surprised to hear you found the bar staff unfriendly, this is something we will definitely look further into. We're sorry that you were disappointed by some of the facilities so you will be pleased to here we are currently undergoing hostel-wide renovation. Safe Travels

Very Nice Hostel, in the middle of the city with an awesome staff!

• 7th Mar 2014

Hey, we're glad you had a nice stay. It sounds like you took advantage of our central location, which is what we like to hear ;) Don't be a stranger and come back soon!

This was the nastiest hostel I've ever stayed in. Showers were disgusting, only 2 plugs to share between 14 people and the staff wasn't anywhere near helpful. Renting a towel was beyond expensive and the whole place smelled. Never staying at a st Christopher's again.

• 7th Mar 2014

We diligently clean our showers 3 times a day but, as I'm sure you you can imagine in a hostel with 220+ beds, they do get quite a bit of use. Regardless, we do our best to stay on-top of them. As for the outlets in your room we are currently looking into improving this as the whole hostel is undergoing renovation. Our towels cost just £2 , for a cleaning fee, which is quite common practice among hostels. We do apologize any of this caused you any inconvenience.

High recommended! My stay was great. The hostel is well located, walking distance to many attractions and facilities. There is a nice chilling area and a pub attached to the hostel, I traveled by myself and I was able to make a lot of friends and have a good time at the pub.

Hey, we're so glad you had a nice stay and would love to have you back anytime! It sounds like you made good use of our central location and social atmosphere, which is what we like to hear ;) If you find yourself back in London please stop by, even if just for a drink :D

I stayed here for 2 nights, the hostel is ok for the price... in London it's a cheap priced and good located hostel. The atmosphere is perfect for meeting people and have a lot of fun with them at the bar. The breakfast is great, the staff is very friendly. The only comply I have is about the security and cleanliness, there was in my room a missed iphone and I thing it was one of the guys who checked out very early at the morning (of course the hostel can't do nothing to control this).

Great location, nice staff and excellent value for the price. I would recommend the place.

Hey, Sounds like you had a good time at the Village. That's awesome! We agree that our staff are pretty nice and we're definitely value for money. Hopefully we'll see you again soon!

No problem. Good average hostel :)

Hi there! We're so happy you enjoyed yourself! Hopefully you'll come back and we can make your next stay even better. See you soon hopefully! Many Thanks, The St Christopher's Team

Nice hostel well located near to London Bridge

We were trying to sleep earlier so we can do our tour early the following day but it was still a little noisy by midnight because of the karaoke so we put our earphones on to minimize the noise. It worked. Sleep well. For the price we pay, definitely worth coming back . Thank you for making the room clean and having fresh sheets. Will definitely recommend to others.

• 10th Feb 2014

Hi! It's great you had a great time and enjoyed our brand new sheets :). Karaoke can get a bit loud at times but that's part of the fun! That is why we provide free earplugs and it's a good thing that you took advantage for a quiet nights sleep. Hopefully you'll tell your friends and we'll see you again in the future! Many Thanks, The St Christopher's Team

I waited more from a St Christopher hostel. Just 2 switch plug in a 8 bed room, and a very short breakfast. That is definitely a top hostel (like others from St Christophers)

Hi, Sorry that you found the hostel lacking, we do our best to provide a great time and great facilities to all our guests. Unfortunately some buildings in London are old and it makes upgrading the electrical system difficult, we do have plenty of sockets in our chill out room which is open 24/7. Breakfast is open for 2 hours between 7 am and 9 am. I'm sorry if you found it to be too short and we'll take that into consideration. Hopefully we'll see you again and do better

Is a great place...

• 1st Feb 2014
  • El Salvador

Hi, It's great that you enjoyed yourself here! We think we're pretty great as well! Hopefully we'll see you soon. The St Christopher's Team

I only stayed for one night, and didn't spend much time at the hostel, so security, staff and facility reviews are mostly based on a general impression. The room was very nice though, and check in/out was extremely quick and easy. Karaoke was very fun, and no one will even look at you angry for coming in to sleep at 2am on a Monday (which is nice, at some places you feel like you killed someone if you accidentally wake someone up on a week night). The location is amazing, and the price great.

Hi, Great that you enjoyed your time with us so much! We're a party hostel so it's pretty common for people to et back into the rooms late, most people don't mind because they were out partying as well! Hopefully we'll see you again soon. Many thanks, The St Christopher's Team

Very good stay, nothing to complain about, would definitely

Hi there! Glad you enjoyed your stay! Hopefully we'll see you again in the future! Many Thanks The St Christopher's Team

I've been staying here whenever I've need hostel accommodation in London for about 11 years. The fact that I keep coming back indicates that it's good though it is starting to look rather dated compared to newer hostels (those founded in the last 5 years). Bathrooms are a little grubby though I'm sure the cleaners do their best within an ageing building. I suggest that it's a prime hostel to have a thorough renovation and relaunch to reflect the changing demands of backpackers.

Hi, It's great that you've been staying at St Christopher's for 11 years! It's always awesome to hear about guests like you, means we must be doing something right! you'll be glad to know we're are starting the process of refurbishing the hostel now, it'll take a while but bit by bit we'll get there! Hopefully you'll be back for another 11 years! Thanks for your loyalty! The St Christopher's team

Friendly staff, nice atmosphere and excellent location. Really close to good supermarkets and London Bridge. The pub inside the hostel is really nice as well.

Hi, Thanks for staying with us! It's great you think the staff are great, we think so too! We definitely are very well located for pretty much everything and as you said our pub is great too. Hopefully we'll see you again soon! Many Thanks, The St Christopher's Team

Really disliked it here, disappointing way to finish a great trip. They cram you into a room, there is no atmosphere, and not nearly enough faciilities for the number of people there

The hostel was not clean at all, and it was way overpriced. The beds were comfortable but there was a mouse in our dorm. I'm glad I only stayed one night.

Hi, We're sorry if you found the Hostel to be unclean, we do our best to keep the hostel clean, bathrooms are cleaned 3 times a day and dorm room once a day. If any member of staff discovers a problem we do our utmost to fix it as soon as possible. Unfortunately being in the centre of London as well as next to a river we sometimes have mice in the building, our pest control company constantly add and replace traps and we do our best to keep the hostel vermin clean. The Village Team

This hostel was great! It is a a great spot right near London Bridge, the Bank district, and the markets. The people were fun and atmosphere was fun. The staff was welcoming as well. I would stay here again if I return to London.

• 3rd Jan 2014

Hi! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Village, we do our best to make sure everyone of our guests has an awesome time! Hopefully we'll see you again soon! Many Thanks, St Christopher's Village Team