St Christopher's Village Reviews

165 Borough High Street, London, England

Good location and has a bar downstairs although this is open to the general public, it was full of office workers on the Friday night and closes at 11pm so don't expect a backpackers vibe. No kitchen, rooms are Ok, showers a bit tempemental with water temp, cold hot cold. To summarise, it's accommodation at a reasonable price in a central location - that's it.

Hi there, thank you for your review. Glad you enjoyed you stay, unfortunately you are right we don't have a kitchen. But a microwave and fridge are available in our common area. On Friday our bar is open until 3 am thought. Take care ;)

Now you can find sockets in most if not all of the rooms. Great service and the lockers are reasonably priced

So glad you noticed the improvements we are making in order to make our hostel just that much better ;) We're sure on your next visit you won't even recognize to place :D Thanks again and all the best on your onward travels!

Good hostel overall, very friendly staff, good facilities and location! The bar wasn't that great but other than that it was a good stay. Was glad that I stayed here!

Hey thanks so much for the review:)As well thanks so much for the kind words about the staff, location and facilities.We'll make sure these are passed on!As for the bar, we're sorry if this wasn't to your liking.As we understand this isn't everyone's cup of tea we try to change it up a bit by offering our guests a few choices as we have a sports bar in our basement,an american style restaurant on our ground floor and an English pub just down the street.We're sorry if none of these hit the spot

Same standard as you'd like to expect from all St. Christopher's hostels. Good location, 5 minutes walk to London Bridge tube station for access to Euston via the Northern Line. Belushi's bar attached to it. Expensive (as is everywhere in London) but you get coupons for 2 for 1 on bottles of fosters. Can't remember the exact price but makes is manageable. Good showers, comfy beds and a free breakfast. Only quip (not the hostels fault) half the dorm was still asleep at 5pm.

Thanks so much for the review, we're so happy you enjoyed your stay! It also sound like you took advantage of our central location, which is what we like to hear ;) Also thank you for the kind words about the clean showers and comfy beds, we'll make sure and pass your comments along to the team :) Were sorry to hear though that your roommates may have partied a little to hard the night before but we can all admit we have all been there at one time or another ;) Thanks again and all the best!

Good hostel

Good guest :D

The previous reviews guided me to this place and I will definitely go again if I have the chance to! Fun night out, met awesome people, central location near transports, bathrooms were in good shape for communal use, the paying breakfast had good hours, and my stuff was safe. The staff is very accomodating. I wouldn't hesitate to book this hostel if you're a young traveler ready for some good time!

• 8th Aug 2015

Hi there, thank you for leaving us a review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and had fun. We hope to see you soon in one of our locations around Europe. Take care ;)

Stayed here for a night due to the tube strike. Dutch chap on reception was friendly; bed was comfortable and locker was big. Breakfast was free but a bit limited. Liked the rooftop terrace area aswell. Lots of Aussies here! Weren't many Bathrooms. Was woken up by a couple of drunk guests. Otherwise good.

Hello, thanks for your feedback. We will pass the kind words to our staff . You are right breakfast is free and includes coffee, tea, toasts, jam, cereals, muesli, fruit salad, ham, cheese, yoghurt. Pretty good to start the day ;)

Good location, friendly staff. Not enough storage room and the bathrooms weren't adequate for the amount of guests

Hi there, thanks you for your review. We always like to hear back from our guests Glad you enjoyed our great location and our friendly staff. See you soon ;)

Bathrooms are terrible in this hostel. Dorms are an average size. They have a decent atmosphere in there bar but not very close to London's nightlife.

We are sorry that you didn't find the cleanliness up to standard and will definitely look in to this. We have since refurbished the bathrooms on the floor that you stayed on Your feedback is important to us so thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Do like the St Christopher chain as they are a well established organization that is well organized Love there facilities and what tours they provide to everyone on a daily basis Little bit expensive considering there is no kitchen but it is London and they do provide a good free breakfast Metro is close by and supermarkets right across the road so that's handy Was a good place to meet people

Thank you for leaving us a review! It`s great to hear that you appreciated our location and the staff here. We hope you will choose to stay with us again if you come back to London!

Pros- Nice location, nice staffs Have free laundry (which is quite rare indeed) Nice roof top for hanging out Free breakfast is nice too Cons- No lift, could be a problem if you carry huge luggages Showers sometimes with a blocked drain # i hope the workers, besides the ones in reception, are not being exploited as they look quite unhappy sometimes...

Thank you for your review. Glad to hear you enjoyed staff and our free breakfast. We would love to have you back if you are in London again!

This hostel was an amazing place to stay. It was my first hostel and set a high expectation for the rest. The staff was so friendly. I stayed in a room with 14 beds and it was manageable. The location was perfect for exploring London and was a great place to socialize and meet some other travelers!

Thank you so much for such a positive review! We are very pleased to hear that you had such a great experience at our hostel. We hope that you will be back to stay with us again!

Pretty much a perfect hostel. The reception staff is efficient and helpful at all hours - special thanks to Kelsey, Shar, The Italian Guy, the Dutch guy & French girl. They all contributed to my stay in different ways. There are A LOT of different showers and toilets available to use, so you never have to wait for the bathroom. The environment, especially in the chillout room, is not super social, but I can't really fault the hostel for that. Also, the breakfast is spectacular!

Hello, thank you so much for leaving us this great review. We will tell everybody, hope to see you again soon. It was pleasure to have you ;)

Don´t have any lift, and my sister has dificulty to walk... The bathrooms are not good too, don´t have a place to put your closes in..

• 29th Jul 2015

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback and let us know about your stay we are extremely sorry that certain aspects did not live up to your expectations. Unfortunately we don't have a lift as our building is pretty old. We hope that this does not put you off to stay with us in the future. Take care ;)

Hostel is nice in an amazing location. The breakfast is also good. Only down side is the wifi is spotty with certain sites not working. Also I did not like the fact that you arrive early you have to PAY to use a locker to store your stuff before checking in. I had never been to a hostel that charges for that service. Also in the 14 bed dorm I stayed in it only had 2 outlets in the entire room. Was impossible to leave electronics charging over night. The entire room was frustrated about that.

Hi there, thank you for your review. Great you enjoyed our breakfast, always good to start the day with a free meal ;)We are sorry you didn't enjoy certain aspects of our facilities, we are currently renovating with plugs and lights being installed on each bed. So if you come to see us again I am sure you will be pleased. Enjoy the rest of your travel !

I absolutely loved the hostel, and if I am ever in need of going to one in London again, it'll definately be yours! You have the friendliest most helpful stuff I have ever come accross, the atmosphere was generally superb, the breakfast fulfilling (a great surprise, I didn't know when I booked my bed!), and I felt safe leaving my belongings behind when I wnt out. Thank you for the superb service and completely affordable prices!

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Woo what a great feedback, thank you so much. We will pass the kind words to our staff members. We hope to see you again too , take care !!!

Staff were amazingly helpful. In general the hostel was a little rundown and outdated. Location was amazing and easy to navigate. Stayed at the Paris one and this was nothing compared! Breakfast was good especially cause it was free. Toaster didn't really work but not a massive drama!

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to get back to us with your review, it's always great to hear from our guests. It's brilliant to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here in and that our facilities lived up to your expectations. Happy travels

This hostel did not have a kitchen. Anyone who understands backpackers knows that we try and eat cheap by cooking. I planned to stay 5 nights here but checked out after the first one when I found out. They give you a 25% off coupon to their bar\restaurant but it doesn't mean much when their prices for food ar already so high!

Hello, thank you for taking time leaving us a review. We are sorry certain aspects of your stay didn't live up to your expectations. As said previously we don't have a kitchen and therefore it is clearly specified on our website that there is no cooking facilities. A kettle and microwave are free to use in our common area. As a hostel guest, you are entitled to a 25 % off food in our Belushi's bar. Prices go from £8 to £10.50 for a burger, pretty average for London. Take care !!

I quite appreciated the live music during my first night, and the fact that a pub is in the same building. It makes possible to spend a night out while staying in! And it is very helpful to people new to London, as a first port for socialisation.

Had an amazing stay here, atmosphere is incredible! Such a convenient location and the staff are always able to help out.