St Christopher's Village Reviews

165 Borough High Street, London, England

lockers in rooms:) AMAIZING views and atmosphere from roof top! power point at each bunk bed yay! luggage storage is quite expensive and not always available :( - we asked for directions to a certain bus stop for us to get to the airport the man who helped us did so in return for a cig...which is weird however he started telling is he was drunk then pulled his pants down at the bus driver who then refused us, we then had to get a taxi to the airport costing £15 very unprofessional

The worst hostel i have ever been

Fun palace to stay. The common room was not very social but the bar had a good atmosphere. The large dorm had a skylight which made the 4:30am sunrise a pain. The hostel attracts a lot of partiers which was fun.

Me and my girlfriend had a private double. The room was clean, all though the bin was full when we checked in, and there was a pair of shoes there, but the cleaning lady fixed that. It's a 20 min walk to the Thames, staff is friendly and helpful. But as far as value goes, it is so loud there, never a quiet moment all night, and hard to get some sleep, because of guests just walking, or cleaning starting at 7 in the morning. It was loud. Showers was boiling hot without an option to change it.

wifi was pretty bad and the girls showers were disgusting but location is excellent! If you like walking there's heaps to see by foot and saves on the expensive underground tickets. Free breakfast is also good and they provided free walking tours of London. I would stay here again!

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Safe and close to the Tube. Tried using their movie theater but projector was broken and staff didn't know when it would be fixed. Computers were down as well. Good quality otherwise

Overall a decent enough hostel, the computers were down during my stay which wasn't great, you also had to pay extra for things such as towel rental which I wasn't aware of. The room itself was comfortable enough, though it got unbearably warm during the night. The attached bar/restaurant was cool with drinks offers and live sport being shown.

Extremely dirty, very few shower for many people and in very bad conditions. They charge you for everything. excellent pub downstairs though and the staff is nice.

Excellent value for money! I really enjoyed my one night stay here. Will stay here next time in London

My friend and I really enjoyed our stay in bath! The staff was awesome and mark and Blake made us feel really welcome! Would definitely come back again.

The bar in the basement was really fun just to chill out at. The free breakfast was nice, but there was no kitchen to use for lunch or dinner which was a little inconvenient.

I was satisfied with the stay. Staff was friendly enough, and the bar atmosphere was pretty good.

The pub is funny, but I didn´t like this hostel. I have no more comments about it and surely, I won't come back there.

Fun hostel, but facilities were not ideal. Toilets were broken for about half my stay. Otherwise, pretty good hostel.

We just went to London for 5 days which was mostly uncommon in comparison with all the other guests. Most of the guests are touring through Europe, which is amazing because you can talk with a lot of people about anything! The atmosphere was also good, there are a lot of young travelers and the bar was crowded also with local people. In short it was a great hostel to meet new people location is good near the subway and free breakfast is included

• 19th Jun 2014

Hey we're so glad you had an enjoyable stay and hope to see you again! It sounds like you took advantage of our social hostel atmosphere and our central location, which is what we like to hear ;) Take care and don't stay away too long.

We were pretty unlucky here, as the showers were down whilst we stayed in the hostel, so we shared three showers with all the other hostel guests. This was unfortunate because everything else was fantastic. The bathrooms could have been slightly cleaner but were still good. No internet in the rooms which was a shame but great reception in the bar downstairs. We also loved the rooftop terrace.

The beds were like the size for a toddler and I am not a big girl by any means. The front desk staff were really nice but the cleaners were not. I was walking down the stairs with suitcase in hand and the lady mopping the stairs would not even move to let me by, She just stopped mopping.

• 18th Jun 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts but we're sorry to hear that certain parts of the hostel might not have lived up to your expectations.All of our beds are 39''x 75'' which is the standard size of twin mattress in the U.K.,we're sorry if you found this to be to small but this is the standard size you will find in most hostels around the world. We must apologize though about the cleaning staff, this is something we will be looking further into.Take care and safe onward travels

With this hostel based in London, I feel that all staff should speak very good English as it was difficult at times to understand certain staff members

• 16th Jun 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts. At most hostels around the world you will find that the staff will usually be backpackers from various corners of the globe, as well as at times English will not be there first language. As 75% of our staff is from native English speaking countries with the other 25% being fluent in the language we must say we are quite surprised to read this. We do apologize for any inconvenience but we are an equal opportunity employer.

We had a great stay at St. Christopher's. The atmosphere was awesome (met super nice people in our room and in the bar), staff was very nice (esp. the security guy from the bar) and it was overall a great value for our money. Little tip. Of course a direct bus to Liverpool Street Station is perfect. But mentioning the massive traffic could have saved us a lot of stress. (but of course, we could have thought of that ourselves, too) P.S. The One-Person-Bathrooms on 1st floor are perfect!

• 15th Jun 2014

Thanks so much for the review, we would love to have you back anytime! It sounds like you took advantage of our social hostel atmosphere, which is what we like to hear ;) Also thank you for the kind words about the staff, we will make sure and pass them on! Take care and all the best on your onward travels.

I visit 14 hostel's in London and St Christopher's Village is the Best one. Trust me !!!!

We're glad to hear you had a nice stay and hope to see you again in the future! Take care and all the best on your onward travels ;)