St Christopher's Village Reviews

165 Borough High Street, London, England

unfortunatley there was only one socket in a room for 8 people, kinda pissed me off. but the rest was awesome!

• 4th Apr 2014

A lot of things were lacking. They didn't provide free ear plugs (as promised in their welcome package), the room door was creaky and closes with a loud noise not allowing people to sleep at night. Light in one toilet wasn't working in one toilet and that wasn't fixed despite a complaint. Wifi didn't work and the staff, though polite didn't provide any help to resolve it. I reached 2 hours before my check in time and had to wait for the entire two hours before checking in which was unreasonable.

We're sorry to hear the hostel may not have lived up to your expectations in certain areas. As for the ear plugs we offer them free of charge from behind reception, you just have to let the receptionist you would like a pair. We're sorry if the light in the toilet was not fixed in a timely fashion but at times we do get quite busy in reception so it might take just a bit longer. As for check-in it is stated clearly on our website that it is at 2. We do apologize for any inconvenience.

The rooms here are a lot bigger than at the Village and everything just feels nicer. I think the luggage storage lockers are a complete joke however cause they charge you for it which is so unnecessary.

Good location and helpful staff. Nice breakfast. But the toilet is a bit smelly, and the facilities are so old that the bed sheets are even yellow. But it's still acceptable with such a low price.

We're so glad you had a nice stay and hope to see you again soon! Thanks so much for the nice words about the breakfast and the staff, we will make sure and pass them on :D We're sorry to hear though that certain aspects of the hostel may not have lived up to your expectations such as the toilets and some of the other facilities. At the moment we are actually in the process of of renovating the hostel so I guarantee if you find yourself at The Village again, you will be quite pleased ;)

I really enjoyed my stay at St.Cristophers, very nice place. The location is perfect, it's just off the London bridge, 2min from The famous Borough market where you can get some of the, dare I say best food in whole of London. If you are in London It's a must visit. The hostel staff is very nice, hostel is cleaned every day without exceptions. There Is sainsbury's just across the street too. Recommended. I will stay there again.

Hey, we're so glad you had a nice stay and would love to have you back anytime! It sounds like you took full advantage of our central location, which is what we like to hear ;) Also, thank you for the kind words about the staff, we will make sure and pass them on! All the best on your onward travels and please stop by if you ever find yourself in London again, even if just for a drink :D

Good stay with nice staff. Arrived jet lagged, but got a very good nights sleep. The only problem is not enough sockets for electronics.

Hey, we're so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon! Also thank you for bringing the issue with possibly needing more power sockets in the rooms, this is something we will definitely look into improving! All the best on your onward travels!

It was an okay hostel but very noisy as it was on a main road, closing the windows didn't make a difference. The breakfast was decent, some cold meats, fruit yoghurt cereals and toast. They were happy to let me lurk around the common room after check out while I waited for a bus.

Thanks so much for the review! Unfortunately with our central location, and the environment surrounding the hostel, sometimes street noise can be unavoidable. Thank you for letting us know though about the windows though, this is something we will definitely look into improving. Also, thank you for the nice words about the breakfast we will make sure and pass them on! Take care and safe travels.

The people at the check-in were really friendly and helpful, the staff from the resturant seemed quite annoyed and unfriendly. The room was small and it had only two plugs for six people. The location is excellent if one considers the price. One can walk to the tower in ten Minutes, St. Pauls in 20 and the Parlament in around 30 Minutes. Two tube-stations are with reach of a five minute footwalk. Breakfast is quite miserable but ok and the showers could use some reconstruction.

• 10th Mar 2014

Thanks so much for the review. it sounds like you made good use of our central location, which is what we like to hear ;) Also thank you for the nice words about the reception staff, we will make sure and pass them on but we're surprised to hear you found the bar staff unfriendly, this is something we will definitely look further into. We're sorry that you were disappointed by some of the facilities so you will be pleased to here we are currently undergoing hostel-wide renovation. Safe Travels

Very Nice Hostel, in the middle of the city with an awesome staff!

• 7th Mar 2014

Hey, we're glad you had a nice stay. It sounds like you took advantage of our central location, which is what we like to hear ;) Don't be a stranger and come back soon!

This was the nastiest hostel I've ever stayed in. Showers were disgusting, only 2 plugs to share between 14 people and the staff wasn't anywhere near helpful. Renting a towel was beyond expensive and the whole place smelled. Never staying at a st Christopher's again.

• 7th Mar 2014

We diligently clean our showers 3 times a day but, as I'm sure you you can imagine in a hostel with 220+ beds, they do get quite a bit of use. Regardless, we do our best to stay on-top of them. As for the outlets in your room we are currently looking into improving this as the whole hostel is undergoing renovation. Our towels cost just £2 , for a cleaning fee, which is quite common practice among hostels. We do apologize any of this caused you any inconvenience.

High recommended! My stay was great. The hostel is well located, walking distance to many attractions and facilities. There is a nice chilling area and a pub attached to the hostel, I traveled by myself and I was able to make a lot of friends and have a good time at the pub.

Hey, we're so glad you had a nice stay and would love to have you back anytime! It sounds like you made good use of our central location and social atmosphere, which is what we like to hear ;) If you find yourself back in London please stop by, even if just for a drink :D

I stayed here for 2 nights, the hostel is ok for the price... in London it's a cheap priced and good located hostel. The atmosphere is perfect for meeting people and have a lot of fun with them at the bar. The breakfast is great, the staff is very friendly. The only comply I have is about the security and cleanliness, there was in my room a missed iphone and I thing it was one of the guys who checked out very early at the morning (of course the hostel can't do nothing to control this).

Great location, nice staff and excellent value for the price. I would recommend the place.

Hey, Sounds like you had a good time at the Village. That's awesome! We agree that our staff are pretty nice and we're definitely value for money. Hopefully we'll see you again soon!

No problem. Good average hostel :)

Hi there! We're so happy you enjoyed yourself! Hopefully you'll come back and we can make your next stay even better. See you soon hopefully! Many Thanks, The St Christopher's Team

Nice hostel well located near to London Bridge

We were trying to sleep earlier so we can do our tour early the following day but it was still a little noisy by midnight because of the karaoke so we put our earphones on to minimize the noise. It worked. Sleep well. For the price we pay, definitely worth coming back . Thank you for making the room clean and having fresh sheets. Will definitely recommend to others.

• 10th Feb 2014

Hi! It's great you had a great time and enjoyed our brand new sheets :). Karaoke can get a bit loud at times but that's part of the fun! That is why we provide free earplugs and it's a good thing that you took advantage for a quiet nights sleep. Hopefully you'll tell your friends and we'll see you again in the future! Many Thanks, The St Christopher's Team

I waited more from a St Christopher hostel. Just 2 switch plug in a 8 bed room, and a very short breakfast. That is definitely a top hostel (like others from St Christophers)

Hi, Sorry that you found the hostel lacking, we do our best to provide a great time and great facilities to all our guests. Unfortunately some buildings in London are old and it makes upgrading the electrical system difficult, we do have plenty of sockets in our chill out room which is open 24/7. Breakfast is open for 2 hours between 7 am and 9 am. I'm sorry if you found it to be too short and we'll take that into consideration. Hopefully we'll see you again and do better

Is a great place...

• 1st Feb 2014
  • El Salvador

Hi, It's great that you enjoyed yourself here! We think we're pretty great as well! Hopefully we'll see you soon. The St Christopher's Team

I only stayed for one night, and didn't spend much time at the hostel, so security, staff and facility reviews are mostly based on a general impression. The room was very nice though, and check in/out was extremely quick and easy. Karaoke was very fun, and no one will even look at you angry for coming in to sleep at 2am on a Monday (which is nice, at some places you feel like you killed someone if you accidentally wake someone up on a week night). The location is amazing, and the price great.

Hi, Great that you enjoyed your time with us so much! We're a party hostel so it's pretty common for people to et back into the rooms late, most people don't mind because they were out partying as well! Hopefully we'll see you again soon. Many thanks, The St Christopher's Team

Very good stay, nothing to complain about, would definitely

Hi there! Glad you enjoyed your stay! Hopefully we'll see you again in the future! Many Thanks The St Christopher's Team