St Christopher's Village Reviews

165 Borough High Street, London, England

Pretty much a perfect hostel. The reception staff is efficient and helpful at all hours - special thanks to Kelsey, Shar, The Italian Guy, the Dutch guy & French girl. They all contributed to my stay in different ways. There are A LOT of different showers and toilets available to use, so you never have to wait for the bathroom. The environment, especially in the chillout room, is not super social, but I can't really fault the hostel for that. Also, the breakfast is spectacular!

Hostel is nice in an amazing location. The breakfast is also good. Only down side is the wifi is spotty with certain sites not working. Also I did not like the fact that you arrive early you have to PAY to use a locker to store your stuff before checking in. I had never been to a hostel that charges for that service. Also in the 14 bed dorm I stayed in it only had 2 outlets in the entire room. Was impossible to leave electronics charging over night. The entire room was frustrated about that.

I absolutely loved the hostel, and if I am ever in need of going to one in London again, it'll definately be yours! You have the friendliest most helpful stuff I have ever come accross, the atmosphere was generally superb, the breakfast fulfilling (a great surprise, I didn't know when I booked my bed!), and I felt safe leaving my belongings behind when I wnt out. Thank you for the superb service and completely affordable prices!

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Spain

This hostel did not have a kitchen. Anyone who understands backpackers knows that we try and eat cheap by cooking. I planned to stay 5 nights here but checked out after the first one when I found out. They give you a 25% off coupon to their bar\restaurant but it doesn't mean much when their prices for food ar already so high!

It was good gostel!

Thank you for leaving us a review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay! Until next time, safe travels!

This place is within walking distance of a lot of good sights and small shops. The place does give off a vibe geared towards the younger generation so keep that in mind. There is a bar downstairs and across the street is a local grocery store where you can eat cheap for a few meals to save up for some quality fish and chips off the street.

Very good hostel. The staff is very kind and helpful, the location is good, the bedrooms are very large and have individual lockers for the bags, the breakfast has a lot of food and is very good. There is a pub within the hostel which is great. In summary, a really nice place. I recommend this hostel to every traveller.

Showers were pretty gross. Other than that staff was helpful and they had a lot of options available. The breakfast was pretty nice too.

Everything fine. If you don't tolerate any noise at night, it might be a problem for you: there is a night club on the ground floor, which you cannot really hear, but people from there go out and speak loudly outside of the hostel's windows. The toilets could be cleaned slightly earlier than 8-9am, for those who get up early. But overall a pleasant stay, the location was ideal for me.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! With the hostel being located on a busy High street and right above a bar, we know it can get quite noisy which is why we provide free earplugs at reception for those guests who are lighter sleepers. We do have housekeeping staff that clean our facilities 3 times daily plus once at night, but with so many guests you sometimes make it to the mess before our staff do. We're glad you enjoyed your overall stay! Take care!

Good location; close to the tube/buses, next to borough market and a supermarket. Friendly staff. Big spacious rooms. Normal bunks. Light, UK, European and USB outlet per bed. Plenty of bathrooms and always clean. Free laundry facilities! Breakfast was great but they need to invest in either more or a bigger toaster, one is a bit ridiculous. Adding a kitchen would also be a bonus as they currently only have a microwave and kettle.

Wow! Thanks for the great review! We're so glad you had such nice things to say about our fantastic location, new facilities & power-socket upgrades, and our staff. As you mentioned, our toaster had broken and we are currently in the process of finding a replacement. Unfortunately, at this property, is it difficult to maintain a full kitchen, but we do have a microwave and kettle, a supermarket across the road, and a 25% discount at the bar for our guests to enjoy. Until next time, safe travels!

The hostel was easy to find. Just south of the London bridge tube stop. Staff were very friendly and happy to help. The discount on food was also very handy. The housekeeping came fairly early each day and definitely weren't quiet about it either but the room was very clean and the beds fairly comfortable. The only negative was the bathroom and shower facilities. Half the doors didn't close or lock and the showers were a bit grotty. Over all a great place to stay and would stay again.

Thanks for taking time to leave us some feedback! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our lovely staff. Concerning the Housekeeping We can learn a lot from your experiences and I will follow this matter up! We hope you will stay with us again next time!

the rooms were spacious, and there were personal lockers in dorms and luggage lockers in the lounge, so I always knew that my stuff was safe. Breakfasts were hearty and kept me full for hours. There was a pretty decent supermarket just across the street, and it took me only about 4 minutes to get to Borough metro station (use London Bridge metro when traveling with suitcases, it is a few minutes away, but it has escalators).

Hi there, thank you so much for leaving us a review. It sounds like you took great advantage of our location and facilities. We hope to see again soon. Take care and safe travel ;))

Really nice place actually. Very close to London bridge and tower bridge. Very close to underground station where you can take a train anywhere in the city. A little on the expensive side. Breakfast ok. Not much. Nice overall atmosphere. Most of the halls smell

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so glad you took advantage of our great central location; so close to many of London's must-sees! We're sorry to hear our complimentary breakfast didn't quite meet your expectations. Perhaps next time you might try upgrading to our hot breakfast at the Belushi's bar upstairs? We'll definitely pass on your comments about the hallways to our housekeeping staff. Until next time, safe travels!

No podía creer la ubicación del hostel, demasiado buena y eso te ahorra un montón de dinero al no tener que tomar metro para ir al centro. No me gustó que fuera tan laberíntico para ir a algunas habitaciones, ni que cobraran por la consigna de maletas. El desayuno es buffet y el personal es muy amable. La habitación en la que estuve tenía un tragaluz en el techo lo que a ratos la hacía muy calurosa. Pero en general, y sobretodo por la ubicación, fue un buen hostel.

In general it was a pleasant stay. All things are fine just one accident happened: someone got the fire alarm out at 5 in the morning and everyone got up... It was crazy...But in general, the hostel in fine and clean, everything just fine and I regard it a good value for the price in London!!!

• 2nd Jul 2015

Hi there, thank you for your feed back. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Sorry about the fire alarm incident. Hope to see you again. Take care ;)

I enjoyed my stay at St Christopher's - with the exception of a few of things. Our room had extremely poor ventilation and a window that could only open half an inch. This made it VERY uncomfortable to sleep in. Also, the cleaning staff were very intrusive, barging into our room while we were in it to vacuum and see if we needed clean towels...REALLY? We're there for 3 nights, vacuum when we leave! Lastly the price - its a good, clean and fun hostel, but definitely not worth what we paid.

Hello, Thank-you for taking the time out to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear that your stay here didn't quite live up to your expectations and that you found so many problems during your stay. We promise to look in to the issues you have raised here. Our apologies over this matter, we do hope you stay again. Take care

No lift which sucks when you have 20 kilos on your back on the fourth floor. Good location near London bridge station and pubs. Staff was helpful and they had free breakfast which was just mainly yogurt, toast, fruit but it was free so that makes it good.

Thank you for your review, Glad to hear you enjoyed our very central location. It is always good to start the day with a free breakfast, our includes, fruits, cereals, toasts, jam, ham, cheese, yoghurt, muesli, coffee and tea. Hope to see you again soon ;)

Perfect location! Nice staff, confie beds. Clean place with nice atmosphere. Nice pub on the ground floor!

So glad you had so much fun! Come back again and we'll keep the good times going!

The good: Great location -- a 5 minute walk to the London Bridge stop. For the budget traveler, there is also a grocery store nearby. The hostel is also pretty secure -- you have to swipe to get in at night, and lockers are large. Friendly staff. Downside: the bathrooms get disgusting very quickly. Bring flip flops. Some of the toilets take a long time to flush, so they were stopped up a lot. Private rooms are VERY tiny. Standing room only. No fans or air conditioning in the room, it got hot.

• 27th Jun 2015

Hey thanks so much, we would really like to see you again in your future travels! Also thank you for the kind words about the staff, we will make sure and pass them on ;) Take care and all the best on your onward travels!

Das hostel war super es gab nur zu wenige toiletten und duschen!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7