St Christopher's at The Palace Hotel Reviews

10/12 Grand Junction Road, BN1 1PN, Brighton, England

Staff could not be bothered to help or just didn't know how, I had to ask for the bathroom to be cleaned after 5 days there, the rooms where to hot or to cold and when you asked the staff they said it was either on or off but would be for the hole building I mean really you carnt turn the building down a few degree's. Only one window in the room opened about 10cm so it smelt very bad. They put no effort into the hostel just the bar. Its all about the money in the bar not the guest.

A nice place to stay, good sea view and friendly staff.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a reveiw. We are glad you enjoyed your time here and hope to see you again soon.

Besides being mislead about the drinks specials and free breakfast it was great. Ie breakfast is toast, tea/coffee & cereal - and the only shooter you can get is apple sourz and the only spirit is vodka ... And they're watered down. That was the only negative though...and the ridiculously hot rooms

We apologize that you feel you were mislead about our breakfasts and drink deals. A free continental breakfast is included in the booking with a option to upgrade to a cooked breakfast with 25% off. As per government regulations i can assure you that our vodka or any other alcohol is not watered down in any way. We have also fixed our issue with the heating. Im glad everything else was ok and we hope to see you again soon :)

Great hostel which we chose for a friends hen party weekend, great deals on food and drink and fantastic location

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon :)

When you pay £85 for a room per night, regardless of the location (Just by the renovated) pier, you do expect it to have a solid, level floor, a secure lock and not to smell of old socks. The facilities haven't been updated since it was built, apart from the addition of a poorly fitted and rather pointless mini flat screen T.V. (Would've been better off spending money on a decent mattress and some clean sheets. The only saving grace was the powerful shower.

• 23rd Mar 2013
  • All Male Group, 31-40

It has a great location, right on the beach, you can hear the ocean and a two minute walk to the Brighton Pier. Otherwise I didnt love this hostel. It was very dirty, the bathroom was always covered in water. The key cards NEVER worked and I had to get a new one alsmot every time I tried to get into my room. The msuic is so loud that my bed was vibrating while I was trying to sleep. For one night, if your looking to party, its definitely okay, but not for more than that.

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are very sorry to hear that there were issues with the bathroom during your stay, and we apologise for the inconvenience that may have been caused by this. We recognise the difficulty sometimes experienced with our key cards (have to be held a certain way) and it is something we are working on, so our sincere apologies again for the trouble this caused you. If you'd like to try us again we'd do our absolute best to allocate you to a higher floor away from the noise of the bar. All the best, the St Christopher's team.

I had a great stay as always. Ocean views of Brighton Pier. Fantastic and staff were very helpful. Great breakfast and fantastic showers.I will be going back again.

Hi there! Thanks for the review. That's great, so glad you enjoyed your stay and everything was as enjoyable as always! We'll see you again soon! The St. Christopher's team

Hi Sorry for late reply. The Crew at Saint Christopher's were amazing. I had my bicycle with me in a Box, which means a Lot to me. It took up a bit of space, but All the crew members were very friendly and understanding about it all. I received a lot of respect from all of them with no feeling of negativity about the whole situation. Yhey made my stay very welcoming. The manager there was very cool about it and handled it all veryy well. I Highly reccommend it to everybody. BYRON BAY BEN

• 20th Feb 2013

Hi! So glad you had a great time and a welcoming stay. All the best on the rest of your travels and hope to see you again in the future! The St. Christopher's team.

Great location! Bar is full of old dudes but as a solo female traveler I'd still go back there. Lockers under the beds are cool but the wifi downstair is Shiiiiiiiiiiit! pretty cool place though with nice staff and good value. Brighton is so lovely

Hey! We are happy to hear you had a great time here in Brighton and enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback on the wifi and it was an issue that was looked into. We look forward to seeing you in the future! The St. Christopher's team.

Still a great hostel, and we've had really good stays here in the past, but there should definitely be different rate/booking option for the back rooms as ours was small, stuffy, pokey, hot, uncomfortable and had a view of a brick wall. I would happily have paid extra to have a room overlooking the beach, as we'd specifically booked St Christophers to have a good view of the half marathon

We stayed in February and arrived at 23:00, got helped right away and had a double private room. Clean toilet and shower, room was very hot and unfortunately couldn't turn down the heater so we slept with the window open. First night went OK second night we had a lot of noise from the AC which sounds like a train passing by.. for the rest good value for your money right across the Brighton pier

• 15th Feb 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Hi! Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your room and are sorry to hear the heating and noise were an issue. We have taken your feedback into account and always aim to ensure our guests have the most comfortable stay. If you'd like to try us again, we look forward to seeing you in the future. The St. Chripstopher's team.

The location is brilliant, but my room was pretty ropy in places and the "24 hour reception" basically consists of banging and waving through a downstairs window until you attract someone's attention. If, like me, you're looking for a cheap private double room to crash in, I'd recommend you splash out an extra tenner and go to a proper hotel. But perhaps now I've reached the age of 30 I've just turned into a miserable old git!

Hi and thanks for taking the time to share with us your experience and thoughts on St. Christopher's. We do indeed have a 24 hour reception, and we agree, our old-fashioned system is need of an update and thanks to your suggestion we will be sorting this problem out. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We try our best to keep our room standards high and our prices low to accommodate our wide variety of guests. Thanks for staying with us and we hope you'll give us another try in the future. St. Christopher's Team PS, you're never too old to have a great time at St. Christopher's!

Great staff and we were lucky enough to be allocated a hostel room with a view overlooking Brighton pier - amazing! Security was good and the bar downstairs serves cheap drinks and really good tasting food! Great for partying and meeting people. The best thing is the location though, you can literally see Brighton Pier opposite you from the entrance and the lanes are directly behind the hotel. Bedrooms are pretty basic but perfectly adequate for a hostel.

Hi there! Thank you for your review. We are very glad to hear you had a great stay with us here in Brighton and enjoyed the accommodation and food/drink deals. We hope to see you again soon! The St. Christopher's team.

From room 63 a lot of noise can be heard during all night from what looks like a refrigeration unit on the building outside of the window. Impossible to sleep at night!!!

• 2nd Feb 2013
  • Spain

I went on a Monday, so noise wanst a problem. Very nice view, and good value for what I payed.

Wifi never works, my key had to be re-set every time I tried to use it as it never worked. Rooms should be cleaned more often. Heating didn't work at all, it was freezing in our room.

• 23rd Jan 2013
  • Hungary

The room was clean and included only the very neccessary things and furnature. From the yard came a lot of noise from , I think, the fan of a heater. It switched on and off and was louder than 50db. The location is excellant. The staff is very nice. The price for the wintertime in this room was too much. Had a 4 star appartment just for a little more also in Britain. The breakfast is "just to be able to write" that they have one. Iff you miss it, don't care about it.

The wifi signal was too poor, at least from my room. Also, not suitable for people who mind party noise at night.

Stayed 1 night, key card was cancelled three times over this short stay, when it is valid it is still annoying to unlock doors with.. no common area, no cooking facilities, just a bar and average food for average prices.

the location makes it! went in winter so not much going on but karaoke was a hit and provided a few laughs, dorms standard cant complain, and surprisingly good shower for a hostel!