St Christopher's at The Winston Reviews

Warmoesstraat 129, Amsterdam, Netherlands

hi, i always so to winston when im in adam... so i think its enough said. everything you have there ! cheers

Was ok, just one day.

It is a nice hostel and excellent ubication

Great hostel, great staff and great location. I will stay there again when I go back to Amsterdam.

helpful staff, excellent location and nice atmosphere. I did not like the fact that the garden and smoking room close late at night.

Hey. Thanks for writing and bringing up this issue. We'd also love it if our garden and smoking room could stay open over night as well. Unfortunately Dutch law prohibits us from doing so, but at least you can enjoy these unique spaces of the hostel until late into the evening when the party moves on inside ; ) Good feedback. All the best

The rooms were very small and incredibly hot. The location was very seedy and filled with tourists. Bar was fun and staff helpful but I probably wouldn't stay here again.

Couldn't possibly fault this place! Was unbelievable! A weekend we will never forget thanks to this place! Only down side, it's a Bit too good and the beds are too comfortable!

• 15th Nov 2013

Haha. Great review Nicholas. Made us laugh! Come back anytime

Great hostel in amazing location. Close to Amsterdam centraal station, 30 sec walk from RLD, staff are super laid back and more than happy to let you know where to go and best places to see. Decent beds and the shower in my dorm room was unreal! Will definitely be heading back to St Christopher's next time I'm in Amsterdam!

• 12th Nov 2013

Perfect place for party people. You can smoke "something" on the ground floor. "Red light district" is right behind the hostel. I saw party people staying there from around the world. It could be annoying for non-party guys

We booked a double private and were a bit scared about what to expect, as the website pictures don't really show the private facilities... but when we arrived we were beyond pleased! Our room was really original (Lennon and Morrisson graffited on the walls) and comfy, with enough space for everything. Bathroom was the tiniest but everything was new, super clean and running never-ending hot water. Also, staff were really friendly and helpful! Would go back & recommend it again and again.

Well, can't deny that despite my expectations, my whole trip to Amsterdam was ruined cause some guy broke into my room and stole my mobile. Yeah, should have put that inside the locker provided instead of leaving it charging. Nonetheless, it's also revolting the fact that they let some suspicious strange (as the cameras have recorded) break into some rooms and steal many guests without stopping him. So what's the point of the cameras and 24h-reception? Breakfast and common area were good though

• 8th Nov 2013

Hello Lucas, as we said to you on the day it is extremely uncommon that somebody is able to breech our security. We are of course very sorry about this and you should know that we are working closely with the police to get to the bottom of this unfortunate incident. We will contact you as soon as we have news using the information that you left with our management team at the desk.

No complaints, just a good hostel in a good area :)

Glad to hear you had a good stay! Please come back if you get a chance!

Good location. Storage of bags required payment and wasnt free. The bar was convenient and had good deals.

Well located, very good breakfast, good bedrooms and toilets, very good wifi connection Staff not very friendly, not a very good place to meet people (small tables, only for small groups .. I had a hard time to mingle with other people). But the real downside is having to pay for storing luggage ... That's just cruel

Hello Rafael. Thanks for your review. Most of our guests have a great time with our staff and meet lots of people during their stay, but we can appreciate that the bar can get very busy at night and maybe it's not ideal for certain types of travellers. We hope you enjoyed Amsterdam nonetheless

I thought the the Winston was a very nice hostel with friendly jokey staff , nice bar and bar food , with deals if you are staying here , great atmosphere and very chilled out smoking area ! I highly recommend , my first stay in amsterdam and I loved every moment

• 29th Oct 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It sounds you made good use of good use of our facilities, which is what we like to hear ;) Please don't be stranger and come back again soon!

Everything very good, nice bar and smoking room, would come back again!

You better!

We had an amazing time at your hostel. Loved the bar and all the staff, their recommendations for local fun were great. Definitely would stay here again to experience all Amsterdam has to offer.

Thanks so much for coming and the nice words about the staff. We would love to see you come back through if you ever find yourself in Amsterdam again!

The staffs were professional and very understanding.

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Vietnam
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thanks so much, we will make sure and pass the the nice words onto the staff! DON'T BE A STRANGER!!!

The location is near to the Centraal Station and the hostel provides good breakfast. However, I could not sleep well in my 4-day staying because there are lots of bar nearby. I really got trouble by the noisy . The most important thing is that I could not use my wifi in my room. I have to use it in the lobby and corridor .

We're sorry to hear your stay was not as good as it perhaps could of been due to the street noise surrounding our location. As we are in the heart of the red light district at times this is unavoidable but we can assure you this is a problem we are addressing. As for the wi-fi we are in the process of redoing the entire system so, if you do come back to see us, you will be pleasantly surprised ;)

Great location, breakfast and towels included, friendly staff, clean rooms, and easy to meet other guests in the bar downstairs. Would stay here again!

We really hope to see you here again soon!